Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

If, and I hope to god that this never EVER happens (I will sell my soul to the devil and do whatever I have to short of murder to make it from being so), I highly doubt Morgan is going to dress up and attend. Sorry, I just don't believe that one for a second. He's not going to be all "Congrats, Dad! Wish you and my girlfriend the best!"

Well there is a spoiler that Morgan will be getting a new girlfriend.

I posted over on the TWOP thread that Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun are going to be making an appearance on Tuesday's April Fool's Day episode.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Even if Morgan is getting a new girlfriend, who is yet to be cast or confirmed, that still doesn't mean he's going to be over Ava that quickly to the point of celebrating his dad's marriage to her in a few weeks.

Nathan west is too old to be Silas' son. Silas hasn't seen Nina in 20 years. Nathan is at least 27. Silas and Nina were married in college and she put him through med school. I realize this is a soap, and even worse,this is ron, but how in the world would Silas not know his wife was pregnant and gave birth if they were sleeping together every night?

I don't doubt that Nathan is Nina's son that Madeline raised as her own but Silas isn't the father,

Hi everyone!  Yet another TWOP lurker here.  Glad to see so many familiar names here and I hope to start posting.  Because lurking in the shadows makes me feel like I'm on the docks, and we know nothing good comes from that.

In addition to the fact that the actor playing Detective Robot looks 10 years older than Kiki (who he'd be the same age as if he were ComaBaby), I think the dialogue has eliminated the possibility of ComaBaby, as well.  While Donna Mills, whose character name I'm not bothering to learn because I don't care, was talking to the detective, she talked about how close he and ComaWife had been and how CW was there for his first steps and his first day of school. 

Presumably CW woudn't have been present for those events if she'd been in a coma when he was born.  I guess Donna Mills could be lying about the first steps since he'd be too young to remember--though she'd also have to be lying to him about his own birthdate since presumably, as the lead detective on the case, he knows when the events in question transpired and knows his own age relative to those events--but the first day of school puts it as a real stretch.  If CW was around when the detective was 5-6 and starting school, he'd have some memory of her as a walking, talking person.

Of course, he could still turn out to be ComaBaby.  It wouldn't be the first time this crack writing team has introduced a plot twist that directly contradicts both logic and previous dialogue.  But it doesn't appear to be the plan at the moment.  That doesn't mean, of course, that some other character character can't emerge as ComaBaby further down the line.  But let's hope the Prospect Park litigation settles before then so that this ill-conceived Silas character and his pointless backstory can waltz off into an off-screen reunion with not-dead-Nina and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. 

Hello all, another TWoP refugee here.  I'm on the dock leading to The Barge but if they 

kill Julian

, I'm going full Barge.  So, anyone else want to take a bet that Tyler Christopher and Kelly Monaco are together?  It would fit the actor's pattern and in their scenes I got some non-cousinly vibes.  Another thing I'd like to discuss is Fluke. It sounds like whoever he is, is a complete horndog/ladies man.  Was Bill Eckert like that?  I don't remember him that way...  Could he be Blackie Parrish?  Oh!  Johnny Zachara (been in prison = horndog).

Wait, what?

Lizard gets plugged by a bullet (and not of love!)

? YES! If only Cujo, Franco, Kiki, and Sabrina could meet the same fate. Then again, if they still take up space afterwards and breathe, why get our hopes up, right?

I just realized I forgot Sonny on that list. He definitely qualifies.

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 1

Hey kids!  I packed up and moved, too.  But I will stick with TWoP till the bitter....and I mean bitter.....end.  Glad to see a lot of familiar names here.

NBC-U is stoopid.  I feel sorry for all the folks at TWoP getting pink slips.  I hope NBC-U absorbs most of them at least.

So, anyone else want to take a bet that Tyler Christopher and Kelly Monaco are together?  It would fit the actor's pattern and in their scenes I got some non-cousinly vibes.

All those Cassadines suffer from inappropriate chem.  A bunch of us wanted Stefan and Alexis un-sibilinged because their chem was so smoking. 

Hello all.  Any idea if it's moderated like over there, the boards on boards crap and all the rest? Micro managing my thoughts took all the fun out of it.

No rules about boards on boards. The only things is to avoid personal attacks, and any hate speech/slurs (racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc.). So naming a thread "Liz: Saint or Slut?" is out. But talking about other threads, posters, etc, is fine.

Thanks for the clarification about Det. West, y'all. That's what I meant when I said I probably missed some critical info. I pretty much missed a month of the show while on vacation, and then returning to find that I was pretty uninterested in everything going on. Just tuned back in in time to see the engagement party blow up.

ICGS, I gave you a thumbs up for courage.  I don't totally agree with everything, but I do agree with some of it.  I agree that the Nina story hasn't been 100% predictable since I still don't know who killed her except by the Scooby Doo method method of deductive reasoning, in which it's gotta be one among Silas, Madeline, Nakamura, or I guess Delia.  That is, unless they somehow manage to connect this rando story to something else going on on the canvas, which is why I got mildly excited when I found out Nina was being held at the same facility as un-dead Jason.  But that sort of seems to have been a one-off, unfortunately.  I don't think there is suspense about whether Nina is alive--I'm pretty sure she is.  I will gladly eat crow if proven wrong.  I do think the story lacks for dramatic tension since a mystery about which one of several characters we don't know very well might have killed a woman we've never met is not exactly high-stakes storytelling.  But I've seen worse. 

I agree that KM and ME have good chemistry, but I think the show is relying on it too heavily at the moment.  I like my sex on soaps to be the dessert rather than the main course, and these two are currently going at it so much that it's giving me sugar shock.  I'm pretty sure that Nina and sex have been literally their only topics of conversation for going on three months now, and just like a third serving of apple pie would make me sick at my stomach, I found the office sex (and barn sex) (and the repeated recounting of barn sex) more nauseating than appetizing.  I liked Sam and Silas just fine when Danny was sick and they were talking about Danny, Rafe, Kiki, Julian, Heather, TJ, and Molly in between making out and would be happy to like them again if they spent more time talking about people they and we know and less time fucking. 

So I'm less unequivocally down on Sam and Silas and this story than many people are.  I'm still pretty thumbs down at the moment but with hope for improvement, unlike Sonny, Kiki, and "Franco," all of whom I regard as beyond salvation.

I'm intrigued by some of the things on the show right now. Even if I wanted to force myself to watch, when a show completely loses my interest I forget to watch. I'm interested in what's going on with Luke, wondering if this Michael/AJ/Sonny/Ava stuff will go anywhere, am interested in watching the finale of the baby story play out. I wanna see what they're gonna do with Morgan too. And I'm pretty content to watch Anna do most anything.

It's part of a ragtag fugitive fleet heading to a shining planet for the TWoP migration. Now if we can get Dante spaced (along with Lulu).... 

Nooooo, not myDante, Nutmeg. :)

If, and I hope to god that this never EVER happens (I will sell my soul to the devil and do whatever I have to short of murder to make it from being so), I highly doubt Morgan is going to dress up and attend. Sorry, I just don't believe that one for a second. He's not going to be all "Congrats, Dad! Wish you and my girlfriend the best!"

Yeah. And no one else would either.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

We're going to see Bobbie on Tuesday.  

Off-screen Noah Drake breaks up with her, coincidentally right when Lucy is ending her affair with Scotty.  Gasp, a quad with four vets of a certain age?!?!

I have no idea if the Sonny/ Ava marriage is a thing that is going to happen or not, but it just makes no sense.  I guess the only reason for it would be to protect Sonny from anything Ava might be forced to testify about with regard to the AJ shooting - is that right?  But..that's not how it works.  At all.  I know that realism in anything legal-related is the last thing I should expect from this group of douchecanoes (even though there's a lawyer pulling the strings!), but come on.  That can be figured out with one 5 minute Google search.  Not sure why these are the things I fixate on, but there it is. 

And I do not believe for one second that Olivia would be upset about Sonny marrying Ava to protect him, even if it meant that Sonny had to tell her about shooting AJ.  She is no longer the character she used to be; she now just serves to prop up Sonny.  She would just say "Oh, god, Sonny, that must have been terrible for you, being forced to break that promise to Michael, but it was the right thing to do.  AJ is a monster." Even if she finds out that AJ didn't kill Connie.  Because it is, really, all about Sonny.  And Olivia has porridge for brains. 

• Love 3

I'd love for Sonny and Ava to marry, and I'd hope that they are every bit as miserable as Johnny Z and Connie were. Ava can drink Sonny dry and, Sonny can lie awake to the sound of Ava's headboard banging against the wall when Morgan is over. 

Turtle, I agree with you whole heartedly & think none of it makes since. I have to put on my RC logic glasses to even get it to make semi-sense. One, RC probably thinks it will create the dramaz. Two,I've also notices he likes to put his pets into pairings he prefers. Lastly, if any character/actor is getting attention or press (like MW/Ava was) he will put that character with he pets & bleed their character dry.

At first I wasn't interested in seeing the three Carlys, now I'm ready to see Sbr & TB interpretations run circles around LWs portrayal of Carly. LW makes me feel nothing for the Slagbeast. At leats SBr & TB could make me feel sympathy for Carly at times.

I personally want to see more of Anna DeVane, but without Robert F Scorpio, it just isn't that exciting, although Duke Lavery could become exciting again, if the new writers would write accordingly.

Anna needs a hot younger dude. Either that or just Robert. I think IB is just an awkward fit on the show now.

Rick Springfield guest-starred on this week's"Drop Dead Diva" as, of course a Rocker.  It immediately had me wanting him back on GH for some Father/Son Drake commiserating time, which led to me to miss and want some Scrubs time...which then made me angry all over again about Robin's crappily written exit.  

In other news, it's Monday and I haven't broken any glassware yet. So....that's something..right..right?. *shrug*

• Love 3

so according to Michael Logan in this week's TV Guide, Nina's father died and left everything to her. Which means Madeline and Nathan are penniless. That explains (in Ron logic) why Madeline is so desperate to have Silas sign the papers forfeiting any right to the money. But she doesn't look so penniless to me.

Believe me, I don't care.  But if Nina has been comatose for like twenty years, why are Madeline and Nathan just now getting around to getting revenge on Silas, tricking him out of his claims to her estate, etc.?

Edited by TeeVee329

Posted by TeeVee32: Believe me, I don't care.  But if Nina has been comatose for like twenty years, why are Madeline and Nathan just now getting around to getting revenge on Silas, tricking him out of his claims to her estate, etc.?

Maybe Nina's father just died and Nina has awoken just recently forcing Madeline to send Nathan on his sudden quest to hurry up and arrest Silas and get him convicted of her "death" in case he didn't sign the papers?  If he is convicted of her death, he can't claim the dough, I am guessing. And maybe West has no idea about Nina being possibly alive. This part I'd definitely believe because I am not exactly getting the "deductive reasoning" skills gene from West. Up until now he has seemed to be pretty narrow minded about the whole investigative process.

Which is not to say I am interested in this s/l but the illogical steps and snail's pace with which TPTB are progressing this s/l is irking me...much.

Edited by scotlore

I give no fucks about  a phantom character and her family full of strangers. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Oh, right.

Ron.

Explains a lot. Someone needs to read him Douglas Marland's fantabulous list on how not to ruin a soap again, ESPECIALLY the part about how to integrate useless newbies.

• Love 3

Maybe Nina's father just died and Nina has awoken just recently forcing Madeline to send Nathan on his sudden quest to hurry up and arrest Silas and get him convicted of her "death" in case he didn't sign the papers?  If he is convicted of her death, he can't claim the dough, I am guessing.

But if Nina is alive, then they don't need to get Silas out of the picture because the money belongs to her.

Edited by TeeVee329

Posted by TeeVee329: But if Nina is alive, then they don't need to get Silas out of the picture because the money belongs to her.

My thought was I guess, that while Nina was likely comatose there would be no problem controlling her money. And up until that point Silas had been successfully shooed away from her until he finally 'fessed up to Sam that is and it renewed his interest in finding out the "state" of Nina.

But maybe if Nina is awake and out there doing things that Madeline can't control like trying to get back to Silas the unpredictability of that may have Madeline scrambling to neutralize Silas and secure the money that Silas has rights to. I dunno. 

Edited by scotlore

Just said this over at TWoP but this is the most short sighted and ill advised way to handle a Quartermaine exit. I like a lot of what RC does but seriously, this is just a complete and utter failure of an idea.

Edited by Superboy

I'm still sitting here in disbelief that these asshats killed AJ. Hack repetitive Ron sucks! And FV is an idiot for allowing this shit to happen. I hate both of their dumbasses right now.

Why, why why??? Why kill off another Quartermaine. It makes no sense to me. You just had your lead kill off a vet from a core family. A lead that seems to have no remorse for his actions outside of how it will affect his relationship with his son.

Sonny gets away again & how is this different from the other 374474 times he's done something vile & got off scot free.

Sonny ruins every fucking thing.

• Love 4

RAGE. SO.MUCHHATEANDRAGE!!!!

Like I posted over on the other place, FUCK YOU, RON! FUCK.YOU. TO HELL AND BACK.

I don't fucking care if this is a fake-out, because EVERYONE will still think he's dead. And I want this show cancelled and put out of its misery like last month.

You watch, Ron'll give us the same bullshit of "this is the best thing everyone eventually agreed to do" like he did with Kimberly/Robin's exit.

• Love 4

No way does Jason get to maybe be alive but AJ doesn't. Monica is shipping him off to Robin in secret, dammit!

Woah, Sonny remembered the names of all of his kids, even the female. I surprised he didn't have to go take a nap after that one.

Hah to Dr. O wondering about Liz's "virtue", she needs to read up on the Saint or Slut debate.

• Love 1

I was sure AJ would suddenly wake up a la Matthew Buchanan. But no such luck. They really killed him. Why???? So Sonny could win again? I really want Carly to go straight to the cops or at the very least, tell Michael what AJ REALLY said. But naturally neither of those things will happen because she wants to protect Sonny. And he'll whine to her about how AJ was choking Connie, I mean Ava, and how he just had no choice. He HAD to shoot him! Surely Carly of all people understands the problem, right? And Michael will hate him if he knows the truth. Which will just destroy Sonny. And we mustn't have that.

Now pardon me while I go lose my lunch...

• Love 2

I give no fucks about  a phantom character and her family full of strangers. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Oh, right.

Ron.

Explains a lot. Someone needs to read him Douglas Marland's fantabulous list on how not to ruin a soap again, ESPECIALLY the part about how to integrate useless newbies.

I saw someone mention, at this point Silas is getting as much airtime mourning NoName as Patrick did Robin.