Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

I'm Pearlite, and I've been mainly a lurker on other forums.

Here, I've been posting on the Y & R threads, and so far, I'm really enjoying this site. I've been off GH for months and months, but...

The sheer weirdness of Ronn Moss appearing on GH [not so much the Michelle Stafford casting] got me to actually watch half the show yesterday, and...

Tony, Tony, Tony, that's some uninteresting and obvious stuff you're doing.

Euw, Sonny. Again.

And what's with the low-forehead hairlines on this show? Rafe? Morgan now? Since when was simian a look to try for?

• Love 3

Word! Those two dudes have about a two-head. On the other hand, Scotty is working on about a six.

Yeah, but they finally got Scotty's colour back to something recognizable.

Hello all...another lurker as well. I just had to share some news with folks who would understand and I didn't know where else to put this since it's real life but, I was officially blocked on Twitter by Ron Carlivati! I think y'all understand how special this honor makes me feel. And I couldn't have done it if I hadn't been so inspired by all you fine, articulate folks. So please know that I share this badge proudly with all of you, and I'm flinging barware and preparing to rain bullets of love down upon all you bitchslutwhores.

I beg you, never change. Just like Sonny.

• Love 7

Hello all...another lurker as well. I just had to share some news with folks who would understand and I didn't know where else to put this since it's real life but, I was officially blocked on Twitter by Ron Carlivati! I think y'all understand how special this honor makes me feel. And I couldn't have done it if I hadn't been so inspired by all you fine, articulate folks. So please know that I share this badge proudly with all of you, and I'm flinging barware and preparing to rain bullets of love down upon all you bitchslutwhores.

I beg you, never change. Just like Sonny.

Congratulations on being Blocked by Ron. My your snark live on.

I'm really shocked that he hasn't blocked me yet. I expect it all the time because I know he searches the GH hashtag but so far I have escaped from the Wrath of Ronald. 

(edited)

Badsamaritan,

How could you be so selfish as to force Ron to ban you?!?  Aren't you aware of how much he sacrafices for us?!?

Haha, okay for real, congrats on the ban!  The [Robert!fucking!Scorpio] phoney bastard[Robert!fucking!Scorpio] banned me a few months ago.  Wear it as a badgy of honor.  Or put it in your box of pain.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone else find Jamey Giddens' repeated whining about being snubbed press credentials for the Daytime Emmys extremely annoying?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Jamey Giddens needs to calm the fuck down. I listen to the Daytime Confidential podcast and he is by far the loudest person on there. While his obnoxiousness is often funny (at least to me), hardly anyone ever gets to finish a thought without him cutting them off.

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone else find Jamey Giddens' repeated whining about being snubbed press credentials for the Daytime Emmys extremely annoying?

99% of what he says is annoying and/or gross. (Still scarred from him talking about anal fissures on his twitter)

@TeeVee29

From what read on twitter, he got them.  What he was going on about was another soap blogger being denied by the Daytime Emmy folks.  It seems they are giving credentials to everybody who don't cover soaps.

(edited)

I don't read his Twitter, but he had several posts about it on the Daytime Confidential web site and I did see that he got them.  But while I do think sites that cover soaps should of course have access, the whining tone of those posts kinda cut into his claims that he's a totally serious journalist, you know?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Pope Francis just excommunicated the mafia from the Catholic church today saying that anyone who devotes their life to such evil has no communion with God. I eagerly anticipate Sonny's next visit to the church to explain how fucking awesome he is.

• Love 8
(edited)

They've opened this new restaurant near my office called Kiki's.  A few of my co-workers went today but I refuse to go based on nothing more than I absolutely hate that name due to TFGH. 

Edited by Tiger

I have two daughters 18 months apart. When the baby came we  named Kristen, the older one couldn't say krissy ,it came out KIKI. It stuck for a long while and certain people who grew up with them have been known to still use it. They are in their forties now .So KIKI doesn't bother me .And I can see where it came from.

Ugh. I do not do well in hot weather. Dang mini-heat wave on the West Coast! But at least it'll only be 80-something today. My poor mom is dealing with 90+.

Ha, lightweight! It's going to be 96 with a heat index of 104.

A cold front is coming in though with highs only of 94 with the heat index below 100. C'mon October.

See that kind of heat is exactly why I live in Seattle.  LOL  I thought I was going to pass out when I was in Southern California a couple years ago with the heat & smog while pregnant.  & it was only 80 at that time too!  I'm a wuss, & I'm okay with that. :D

Don't worry OnceSane, my family from Colorado & Ohio melt when they come to visit.

The last time I was in Ohio, it was in the 80's. I was loving the weather but my family was dying.

Before I forget, Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian posters.

• Love 2

Ugh.  I do not do well in hot weather.  Dang mini-heat wave on the West Coast!  But at least it'll only be 80-something today.  My poor mom is dealing with 90+.

108 is what we are expecting in my part of Calif.

• Love 1
(edited)

You must live near-ish to my almost mother-in-law.  & you have my sympathies.  I'd hold up about as well as a popsicle would.

ETA: I'm meltiing...(what a world)!  91 here, & I'm a puddle of sweat.  Though I promise I'll post about something other than the heat soon. :D

Edited by OnceSane

For the mods: can you please direct me to a technical issues/glitches thread? I'm having a lot of trouble with the quote function and not being able to get out of the quote box to post a comment. I can usually when I use full editor, but I like to use the quick reply function so that I have access to the current page.

(edited)

For the mods: can you please direct me to a technical issues/glitches thread? I'm having a lot of trouble with the quote function and not being able to get out of the quote box to post a comment. I can usually when I use full editor, but I like to use the quick reply function so that I have access to the current page.

tvgoddess just go to the Bugs thread, there is a topic for reporting this problem. At the top of forum list under site business.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

My name is Lindsey..... my friends call me Grrrr. I've been watching soaps for my entire existence on this planet. I remember the Danny Romalotti concerts, the Logans vs Forresters, Carly buried alive, and Todd Manning's introduction. The Stone/Robin story brought me to GH and I've been off and on viewing forever. I'm a wrestling fan, a former psych major (got diagnosed with a major illness that nearly killed me and I made a very soapy recovery but left school). I'm pretty laid back and like to joke around.

• Love 1

Happy 4th to all who celebrate today!  My son decided he wanted to celebrate at 4am.  Sooo...coffee & lots of it!  LOL

I'm a wrestling fan,

*sits next to Lindsey*  Sooo....who are your faves right now?

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate to mention this to all of you sweaty people, but here in Port Angeles, WA (on the strait of Juan de Fuca, near all those twinkly people in Forks), I just put on a sweater.  We might actually get into the 70's today, but tonight on the beach watching fireworks, I'll be wearing a parka.

As someone who grew up in LA, I'm profoundly grateful.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 1
(edited)

We're practically neighbors, Reo!  Relatively speaking, I mean.  I'm in Seattle enjoying a beautiful mid-60s day (so far), along with some much-needed coffee.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

I must be the only one who loves Summer! Not that I need it, but tannin' ensures I don't have to put on any make up during the season, exept for eyeliner and mascara.

I am sooooo loving the hot weather, with the pool at my apartment that comes with pool sprinklers, like the ones you see at Vegas' Mirage....ahhhh, blissssssssss

• Love 1

Happy 4th to all who celebrate today!  My son decided he wanted to celebrate at 4am.  Sooo...coffee & lots of it!  LOL

*sits next to Lindsey*  Sooo....who are your faves right now?

My number one fav of ALL time is Chris Jericho. I'm a Jericholholic from his ECW Lion heart days. I love Bray Wyatt. Him torturing Cena was my everything. I love Ziggler, wanna know why he is WWE's AJ Quartermaine. Love Kofi, Cody Rhodes (hate Stardust), love AJ Lee, miss Punk, love Naomi, and um love Cesaro. I'm a Paul Heyman girl.

I must be the only one who loves Summer! Not that I need it, but tannin' ensures I don't have to put on any make up during the season, exept for eyeliner and mascara.

I hate the summer, because I see absolutely no benefit whatsoever except traffic is a little bit lighter. I still have to get up and go to work every day, I'm in the South so it's damn hot and I just want it to hurry up and get over with so that football season (especially college) can start.

That being said, Happy 4th of July!

• Love 1
(edited)

I must ask who your team is tv goddess.

I forgot to add a bit about me. I'm taking a life break now and am working part time as a bartender. I know how much that smashed barware costs! I'm also a big makeup/beauty junkie.

Edited by Grrpants09

I'm taking a life break now and am working part time as a bartender. I know how much that smashed barware costs! I'm also a big makeup/beauty junkie.

Yeah? Then can you tell me, precisely the way to make nuts'nberries? I know that it's Chambor, Frangelico, Kalua and half and half. How much of each?

• Love 1

I'm in the South so it's damn hot and I just want it to hurry up and get over with so that football season (especially college) can start.

I feel you on the heat, from Tenneesee & currently live in Texas. I love football. I perfer the NFL (49ers fan here) but there are college games I watch each year. I start counting down the days after the superbowl until the new season. I watch the draft, even the 3rd round. I watch games all day Sunday, MNF & TNF if the games are decent.

My best friend jokingly calls me a heathen because I go to church early, so I'm out in time to catch commentary & the 12 central starts.

I love a lot of sports. Tennis, Nascar & some basketball (NBA & college) but nothing matches my love of football.

• Love 1

BestestAuntEver, I'm the same way with college, although I do like pro as well. Every Saturday, I'm planted on the couch starting with College GameDay at 9am, and go all the way to when the last games are over on the West coast around 1 or 2am. And no one can talk to me during my game, because I'm too nervous lol. For me, college football is directly correlated to my level of happiness.

Don't hate me! LSU!

I hate you! ;) Miles is definitely one of the most entertaining coaches in the SEC.

• Love 1

I love NFL too. Broncos fan here. I know. Blasphemy, right? But Brees is just not my Peyton. And really the obsession with him over here rivals Guza's obsession with Jasus. Except I'm sure Drew Brees is a very lovely guy.

I did cheer when the Honey Badger got picked by the Cards. They're my dark horse team. Carson Palmer deserves a ring, ya'll. So does Patrick Peterson.

My number one fav of ALL time is Chris Jericho. I'm a Jericholholic from his ECW Lion heart days. I love Bray Wyatt. Him torturing Cena was my everything. I love Ziggler, wanna know why he is WWE's AJ Quartermaine. Love Kofi, Cody Rhodes (hate Stardust), love AJ Lee, miss Punk, love Naomi, and um love Cesaro. I'm a Paul Heyman girl.

Okay, I love all the people you love.  Except I like Stardust as well...Cody is committing 100% to the character, which makes it fun for me.  Plus, I loved Goldust complaining that now he's the "normal one".  Hee!  IDK what's up with Ziggles not getting what he deserves, but I blame Cena (& management for thinking that Cena is the end-all be-all for the company).

As for football, go Ducks!  Quack, quack!  Huge fan of football, NFL & college.  Though the football I really love is futbol.  I love me some soccer.  I grew up playing & my dad is a soccer coach, so I've been immersed in the sport since I started walking.

• Love 1