Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

I hope Black-ish does well. I've been a fan of Anthony Anderson since he was Teddy Brodis on Hangtime.

He and Jeremy Sisto also breathed some life back into Law & Order towards the end. Too bad NBC and/or Dick Wolf didn't allow the show to break the 20-season record that Gunsmoke held and still holds. But it's tied, and Anderson and Sisto proved to be liked after L&O's slump with Dennis Farina.

This is so interesting, Grrpants - We live in the DFW area where his family lives, and my daughter in law always served him and his family when he was home on vacation.  She loved it when he came in with that big bunch of people, and she loved him.  She said he was not pretentious at all - just like a nice, sweet, good-looking guy.  She also said he was a great tipper.

Oh it wasn't the REAL Billy Miller. Just a guy with same name.

Today, I legit served a Sonny. I had to fight not giving him side eye. Grrrr.

Oh it wasn't the REAL Billy Miller. Just a guy with same name.

Today, I legit served a Sonny. I had to fight not giving him side eye. Grrrr.

I thought you were serious - This was real. here. High end bar and restaurant, and he came in every few months, with a large extended family. She worked there 3 years, and was crushed when she was promoted to manager at different restaurant in the chain. She said she couldn't believe those tips, and how gorgeous he was.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

tvgoddess I thought I was the only person on the planet who remembered Hang Time! I think that show is still the reason Iike him, though I also enjoyed him on Law&Order. Every time I see him I still think Teddy Brodis.

Edited by Jenniferbug

Changing the subject here a wee bit, but as I am among a lot of women (men, don't feel like I'm leaving you out, but, well, you'll see why)...

I've only let a few friends and of course family know, but since I've gotten to know 99% of y'all for over 5 years, from our days back on TWoP, I wanted to let you know that I'll be gone for a wee bit after tomorrow.  Watching this stupid fakakta, crapfest of a show, which I KNOW is nothing like reality, but makes me grateful for being so lucky with the doctors and surgeons I have.

I was doing really well these past two years, but this year, last month, my mammogram, and several ultra sounds revealed that I have 'nodule/lump/lesion (take your pick), that ended up being not benign, and a lumpectomy is out of the question. So I'm having surgery in a couple days.

I told my surgeon, lop the motherfucking boob off. So I'll have a lopsided remaining boob; but I'll be alive. I'm lucky. We found it early.  tvgoddess, I was thinking of you when I got the news, and a special thank you to WendyCR72 and KerleyQ for your words of love and support.

So all you fellow Robin fans, I expect you to not to slack and support our girl while I'm MIA, and continue to hurl invectives toward the two fucktarding fuckwits and their hack-filled writers.

So, this is not good-bye, but Au revoir! for now...

• Love 1

@GHScorpiosRule

Thoughts and prayers for you!!!  Hurry back!!!  

And don't worry, in the moments when I'm not foaming at the mouth in utter rage at Keeks' latest buffoonery,  I'll be doubling down on my rancor for the fucktwits treatment of Robin!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Sending thoughts and prayers your way, GHScorpiosRule. We expect to see you back here soon! (or at least on the barge, on the days you think watching GH might slow your recovery).

• Love 2

@GHScorpiosRule, I'm sending prayers your way, for your surgery & healing.

So all you fellow Robin fans, I expect you to not to slack and support our girl while I'm MIA, and continue to hurl invectives toward the two fucktarding fuckwits and their hack-filled writers

I got our girls back & will make sure I add a fucktwitdouchcanoe rant for Cartini.

• Love 2

Oh! ScorpiosRule! I'll be thinking of you dear! Remember this: Monica survived and don't pick up an Emily; ) I promise on my sick devotion to Roger Howarth to love whatever weird thing they do to Robin and her hair. I will snark on Patrick till he treats Robin like a goddess. And I shall do it for you.

Be well and hugs!

• Love 1

GHs ScorpiosRule. I am sure we will all be thinking good thoughts for you. Many prayers and hope to see you here soon. I had heart surgery and lots of prayers were said, I am fine now. Know that we are all pulling for you.  We are all hoping for a speedy Roberts return. See ya later.

• Love 2

GHScorpiosRule, you got this. I know you will come through your surgery with flying colors! So take all the time you need, you know we'll be here cussing out Ron and company on your behalf until you come back. ;)

Not sure how old you are, but YSC (support group for breast cancer survivors diagnosed at 40 or younger) is a fantastic group of women. I would not have made it through without those ladies. I'm sure you have lots of support regardless.

Take care, be strong and be well.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

Hey everyone, GHScorpiosRule wanted me to pass along the word that she made it through surgery and is doing well. Will get confirmation later this week, but sounds like no chemo. She said they got all the cancer, which is great!

She's on a lot of pain meds, so I'm sure she'll be back here when she wants to call Cartini her favorite name. :)

• Love 7

I just clicked on this thread and I'm glad GHScorpiosRule is doing better. I was actually wondering where my fellow Robin fan went. Sending her positive vibes!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I keep in touch with her, too. She sounds like she's doing well and is just recovering. Feel better, GHScorpiosRule. We need you to keep banging the DoucheCanoeFuckwit hate drum that describes RC.  :-)

• Love 3

Hey y'all, thanks for all the good thoughts! Keep 'EM coming as today is not a good day and lemme tell you, the "doctors" here could learn a thing or two from the surgeons I lucked out on getting as me own.

Time for mo' drugs now...

Sorry to hear that, GHSR. Take those drugs, rest, and for God's sake, keep away from GH and its idiocy! You want to feel better and that only leads to rage, boredom, and/or massive amounts of brain cells crying out in agony.

Sorry to hear that, GHSR. Take those drugs, rest, and for God's sake, keep away from GH and its idiocy! You want to feel better and that only leads to rage, boredom, and/or massive amounts of brain cells crying out in agony.

Please. I am in bed watching my Mike Logan, Ben Stone, Paul Robinette! Along with Greevy, Ceretta, Lennie, Jamie...Abbie...and Jack.

Don't have the energy for this show just yet.

• Love 4

GHSR, just be grateful that you weren't treated at GH because who knows what mistakes would have been made.

Man, the story I have to say about the mean nurse I was saddled with all day Saturday, will have y'all saying, she must have gotten her training on how to treat patients from this fakakta craptasticshitfest of a show. But I'm, like, really, really, realllllly doped up on my Oxy, I think it is...so y'all'll hafta wait until I'm...lucid.

Hey y'all. Here's the latest:

Just got back from both the plastic surgeon and breast surgeon;  both are very pleased with how it looks; no infection, or necrowhatsis, where the skin turns  black, and  becomes dead skin that would need to be cut away.

Sigh, of course the pathology report isn't in, so I couldn't meet with the oncologist, to talk about chemo and hormone replacement therapy. It seems I may need to so do some chemo, since they  couldn't remove ALL the breast tissue, which, apparently, is why I would need  chemo.  But that's a conversation I will have with my oncologist. Of course, it's confusing to me, since I've been told that they got everything out, including that lesion/nodule/cancerous thing.  But, I will do what needs to be done. And that's that.

Now that the levels of drainage have decreased, it needs to also lighten in color, which I'm hoping will happen in the next day or so. Two more days of the blood thinner, and once that's stopped, the blood should become lighter. Man, does it feel so much better after having the tapes that were used to tape the drains against my skin, removed! The only weird thing was my right index finger, which seems to have swelled; doesn't hurt,  but is itchy. Could be a reaction to the pulse monitor thingamajig they put on when taking my  blood pressure.

So here's hoping I won't have to do chemo AND hormone replacement for too long! I don't mind pain,  but I REALLY LOATHE feeling nauseas and throwing up. Which is what I understand one does when having chemo.

Thanks for all of your well wishes ,cyber hugs and love...keep 'em coming,   because I still have a-ways to go!    But the IMPORTANT thing is, we got all the cancer. I'm assuming the chemo is like, a preventative kind of thing?

Glad, you are feeling better ScoriposRule. There are things out there legal & non-legal (depending on where you live) that can help with the nausea. I've never seen a chemo patient crucified for doing whatever they must to relieve nausea the best. Continue to have you positive/outlook because it really does help.

necrowhatsis

Necrotitis. 

My father passed away on Friday and I'm definitely going to miss him being confused while watching GH with me but also how he used to point out all of the people he remembers from the 80s and 90s who are still on the show. 

My father passed away on Friday and I'm definitely going to miss him being confused while watching GH with me but also how he used to point out all of the people he remembers from the 80s and 90s who are still on the show. 

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad last year and I know how rough it is.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad last year and I know how rough it is.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know too many people who have lost parents recently. 

Right now, it doesn't seem real to me. I was there when he passed, I saw him in the coffin at the wake and I saw the coffin at the cemetery at the funeral yesterday morning but I still expect him to walk through the front door. 

Right now, it doesn't seem real to me. I was there when he passed, I saw him in the coffin at the wake and I saw the coffin at the cemetery at the funeral yesterday morning but I still expect him to walk through the front door.

Sorry for your loss, Box305. I haven't lost a parent but remember losing my grandmother. It was the small things that would cause me to breakdown. Seeing something I would buy her in the store, Mother's day cards, baking things she taught me to make, walking into the home she shared with my grandfather for over 60 years. I couldn't walk into her bedroom for the longest time.I still miss her but it's different from when she had just passed. I am greatful that I was one of the ones at home with her when she passed. 

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, Box305.  :-(

GHScorpiosRule -- Wishing you the best, and a speedy and uneventful recovery! 

Box305 -- I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please, be kind to yourself.

When my grandmother passed, it took awhile before I could watch soaps without feeling sad because she wasn't here to watch them anymore.  She's the one who got me started on my lifelong love of soaps.  But now when I see something I know would have driven her nuts, it just makes me smile.  Sometimes it's the little things we remember about someone that mean so much. 

I've been avoiding the GH forum lately, just because I don't even want to know about the plots anymore. Even reading about it from the Barge was making me angry at the writers - which surely can't be healthy.

So I'm not even on the Barge, I stole a lifeboat and took off from the Barge. ;)

But I wanted to pop in and say hi, because I really do miss the posters here!

GHScorpiosRule and Box305, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way!

• Love 2

Has anyone seen The Judge yet? This is when I really miss TWOP, because I'd love to discuss and dissect the movie. Personally I loved it, I thought the acting was stellar, and the writing superb. I laughed, I cried. I laughed AND cried. The way Robert Downey Jr, and Robert Duvall played off each other was perfect. Duvall brought the vulnerability and strength the character required and did so beautifully.

I read today that Jack Nicholson was considered for the role and thank my lucky stars he did NOT get it. I've always considered him highly overrated, and don't believe he could have brought what Duvall did. For one thing, I don't consider Nicholson a very giving actor. When he's on screen, his scene partner might as well not even bother showing up because it's all about Jack.

I find myself imagining how the story continues from where it left off, and have my own ideas. Bottom line, IMO, if the film and/or the lead actors aren't nominated for Oscars, especially Duvall, I will know once again that The Academy doesn't have a clue about quality movies.

• Love 2