Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

Dude..... Curtis Axel never got in the ring. He was never thrown over the top rope. Techically.... he is the winner, no?

Maybe dual winner with Roman. They may address it tomorrow night on RAW, but most likely they'll act like we shouldn't remember that.

• Love 1

Does Ron write for that show too?

He moonlight for WWE, I swear. And if he doesn't, he should because their storytelling is just as shitty and ill-planned.

We believe he may. Roman Reigns looks like the roided out dumber brother of Ryan Paevy.

And just as bad at speaking. Damn, RR is terrible on the mic.

• Love 1

Seeing Roger Goodell handing the superbowl trophy to Bill B will almost be as enjoyable as...what it would be like to have one whole week of General Hospital episodes without having to see one scene with Sonny or Carly or Jason!

Embrace the Hate!

• Love 2

I was for the Seahawks until this:

And apparently the Seahawks weren't clever or creative enough to counter with Full House or Family Matters opening spoof. Seriously, that "Growing Pats" thing is one of my favorite thingsever. I still watch and love that corny ass show.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Jasus, i think Kristin Alderson could put on a better halftime show than this whack ass bitch who can't hit one single note!

ETA: they should have let Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliot do the whole thing.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

That halftime show was ... I don't even know. I'm slightly disappointed that the cartoony sharks and beach balls didn't dance to "Get Your Freak On."

I tried to be sociable at the Super Bowl party I went to, but I'm afraid my completely not caring about the game shone through. After watching the halftime show to mock it, I was out of there LOL.

• Love 1

Always root for the PATS. What an ending. The Butler did it. Well NFC did what they wanted .Caused all the contraversery just to get people to watch who might not really care that much for football. I am so happy my Pats won.

• Love 1

I want to hate Seattle, but I really like that Key and Peele sketch making fun of Marshawn Lynch and Sherman.

But I also really love Darrelle Revis and am glad he got a ring. Sigh. If only Peyton Manning could get another ring now. Stupid Seachickens keep getting in the way. And the Colts. And quads. And like stuff.

Reigns should headline Wrestlemania…in 3-4 years. Stupid Vince! But I don't mind the Dean Ambrose/Barrett stuff, it kinda reminds me of old school WWE (ya know, back when it was called WWF). And Rollins better run! I love me some Randy Orton IDK why.

• Love 1

Ziggler probably got over too well with the fans when management wanted someone else pushed. Plus, he dared to get a concussion right after his title win.

And speaking of RKOs out of nowhere, do you ever watch the YouTube vids where people insert mini Randy Ortons doing RKOs over videos of people falling? Hilarious!

• Love 1

Heel!Ziggler was so much fun! Though I could have done without Vicky (one of the best heels in the business, IMO). Someone we care about needs to make a heel turn because the ones we got aren't doing it for me. Oh and WWE needs to stop thinking I'll ever care about Total Divas or its "stars", The Bellas.

• Love 1

I went to the doctor today, so I didn't watch the episode. And honestly I think I'm just gonna skip it. I feel like shit and I have to eliminate gluten from diet so I'm in a bad enough mood!

not to worry - being gluten free is "a piece of cake" these days (oh, I have been waiting years to use that, so sorry...)

tons of wonderful brown rice based products now so you can have all the pasta and baking products you want and it seems like the grocery stores are getting a clue and have whole sections full of gluten free crackers, cookies, etc. Trader Joe's makes an awesome chocolate cake with no flour that is begging to be topped by vanilla ice cream.

anyways I have been eating gluten free for many years and if it is true that you should be doing so, you will notice a significant improvement in whatever condition is being aggravated by gluten within two weeks if you really cut the gluten 100% - requires vigilance. Good luck and good health.

and to get back to TFGH, I wish I was Anna and could eat all the french fries she is continually scarfing off other people's plates (and her own). No gluten but totally fattening!

Brought over from the Episode thread:

It's like raaaaaaaain on your wedding day...

Sorry, '90s Alanis flashback. How ironic that the stuff in that song was, for the most part, NOT ironic. Carry on.

I remember discussing irony in an English class in high school (when that song was a hit), and our teacher asked for examples of irony. Each student he called on quoted a line from that song. Then we all laughed…as did the teacher once we explained (he wasn't into pop/Top 40 music).

• Love 2

I watched, and Im sorry but that finale was a mess. They burned through about two seasons of plots in two episodes, didn't flesh out anything, and the jumps from unexplained plot to unexplained plot were just bizarre. Even more jarring was the personality transplants that so many received.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be back do season two but they definitely need to get some writers that can flesh out the beats because right now its just plot point, plot point, plot point.

I came out liking Hakeem more than I did before. He reads. But yeah, it did move fast. I think that's due to Taraji only being available for about 13 episodes. I'll take fast paced episodes with her as Cookie rather than slower ones with anyone else, though. How to Get Away with Murder moves fast like that too, but they break mid season to slow it down a bit. That might help next season.

• Love 1

Brought over from the Episode thread:

I remember discussing irony in an English class in high school (when that song was a hit), and our teacher asked for examples of irony. Each student he called on quoted a line from that song. Then we all laughed…as did the teacher once we explained (he wasn't into pop/Top 40 music).

I was in college at the time and I had a Literature professor who went OFF on that song. It was hilarious. 

• Love 2
I always thought it was odd that people have some obsession with touching a pregnant woman's belly. I have two nieces and I never ONCE even thought about asking such a question, never mind actually doing it! I think it's gross.

Seriously, me either! But maybe that's because I'm not really too fond of babies. Kids, yes, babies, meh. 

• Love 2

Yeah I'm not a baby person myself unless they have four legs and wiggle tails :)

But I just always look at people sideways when they want to touch a pregnant belly. I don't care if they know the woman or not. Unless she specifically invites you to touch her, keep your damn hands to yourself!

• Love 1

I think it's okay to ask a pregnant lady you know (emphasis on knowing the person), but you shouldn't be offended if she declines. And you should always ask. When my cousin asked me if I wanted to feel her baby kick, I still asked again if she were sure it was okay.

Edited by dubbel zout

Ugh, so my dad passed away in October (I believe I mentioned that in this thread after it happened) and now the house is falling apart. I'm out of work and my mom's retired and suddenly we have all of these extra expenses. Today we were getting the gutters replaced which mom was going to pay in installments and while they were here, they discovered that the chimney is falling apart and causing a leak. It will be another $1200 to fix that and THEN they found a problem with the foundation of the house. 

I can't take it.  We've been through enough the past six months. This is too much. 

/end rant 

Edited by Box305

Oh Box, I'm sooo sorry. To first deal with such a profound loss, and now have all these unexpected problems surface must be incredibly difficult and trying. But somehow you'll get through it, and in the meantime, we're all here to at least offer some comfort and snark to get you through the day.

Thank you. I just feel bad for my poor mom. It's one thing after another after another. It doesn't stop. 

And I'm really missing my dad this week. I feel like I haven't grieved him properly and that it hasn't quite hit me as hard as I expected it to. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and it's scary. 

And I'm really missing my dad this week. I feel like I haven't grieved him properly and that it hasn't quite hit me as hard as I expected it to. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and it's scary. 

It will probably hit you at random times.  You'll want to tell him about something funny, or need some advice on something, and you'll reach for the phone and then you're suddenly, "Oh, wait, yeah."  The year of "firsts" was really the hardest for me -- his first birthday that he wasn't around for, the first Father's Day without him, first birthday of my own without a phone call, first year-end holiday season and realizing I had one fewer Christmas gift to buy.

The one thing to keep in mind is that there isn't one particular right or wrong way to grieve -- everyone works through it in their own way.  And you will work through it, and eventually it won't hurt quite as much (though you'll always, always miss him).  My thoughts and sympathy go out to you, as I've been there not too long ago (I lost my dad in September of 2013).

• Love 2