Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good luck with the preventative treatments @dubbel zout. That's a nasty infection.

17 hours ago, tessaray said:

Thanks. I feel lucky my MRSA was limited to my scalp and didn't cause more problems. This was during the worst of the lockdown, so hospitalization would have been tricky, to put it mildly. Dodged that bullet, thank goodness.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I gots me a different type of shirt:

3C52E5DF-9044-421A-99D3-C9D139896EC7.jpeg.b43408c43706b45d5f48cc64f56c09cb.jpeg

Y’all may remember, during my surgeries and chemo, I’d gotten some that stated: Yes, they’re fake-My real ones tried to kill me.

I like this one too!

• Hugs 1
  • Love 5

Does anyone else have this problem?  I switched from cable to YouTubeTV, which is my new way to watch GH.  Every other program seems to be fine, no discernible difference.  But for GH, I find that the background music completely overwhelms the voices, to the point where I feel a need to put it on mute and simply read the captions.  Any thoughts?

I screwed up recording a day last week, and had to watch on Youtube.  It was awful.  Video lagging with what the characters are saying, a sudden closeup of a background wall, or someone's ear.  I don't know how to fix it, I just agree it was crap. 

Pretty sure those are basically bootlegs. The sudden close ups are to trick the copyright police bots. Free and I can fast forward stupid Micharl unlike on On Demand. But it's a really unpleasant way to watch.

• Like 2

When my recording doesn't work, or if it rains in Detroit and they take up an hour with weather, I have watched CityTV.  It's also a pain because the Amazon Web Services commercial gets stuck, and they run it through every commercial break. 

Just in case there's any confusion, YouTube TV and YouTube are two different things.  One is a subscription service for live television, and the other is for uploaded video sharing by users.

18 hours ago, JMO said:

Does anyone else have this problem?  I switched from cable to YouTubeTV, which is my new way to watch GH.  Every other program seems to be fine, no discernible difference.  But for GH, I find that the background music completely overwhelms the voices, to the point where I feel a need to put it on mute and simply read the captions.  Any thoughts?

You may have to switch the audio settings on your television or on your streaming device.  Maybe something like switching from Dolby Surround to PCM, or vice versa.  Just a possibility. 

• Like 2

Why yes, I did order the glasses and iphone filter a month in advance! And it was SOOOO KEWL! Wish I had gotten a better photo lens so I could capture the 88% totality, leaving the clear delineation of the crescent!. But, Solar Flare!

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2491.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Applause 1