Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Trini said:

I haven't gone through all the interviews and coverage yet, but I like most of what I've heard about Season 6. One thing I don't like is that it seems almost* everyone is getting a new story, but Cisco is getting reverted back his Season 1 self; and that just seems like a huge insult to me. Yes, everyone loved "I make the toys" Cisco, but he's grown since then. I mostly blame Todd for this.

*(I don't think anything was mentioned about Joe and Cecile)

I'm hoping the plan is to build a story that leads to the Flashpoint version of Cisco who founded Ramon Industries. That would be a great consolation prize, IMO, to make up for him giving up his powers.

• Love 3

Danielle said we'll see KF relationship with the other team members. I'm not interested in that at all. This should've been something in s4. It would have made more sense then as she was rejoining the team after trying to kill them. However, we didn't get that. Exploring her relationships with the other team members for season 6 is too late and unnecessary. Instead of doing this in season 4 and having her apologize for her crimes, everything was swept under the rug. They downplayed her trying to kill them. They decided that everybody gets along with her well off screen. No build up whatsoever to her being friends with them and all of sudden considering them family.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Exploring her relationships with the other team members for season 6 is too late and unnecessary. Instead of doing this in season 4 and having her apologize for her crimes, everything was swept under the rug. They downplayed her trying to kill them. They decided that everybody gets along with her well off screen. No build up whatsoever to her being friends with them and all of sudden considering them family.

There's a way for this to make some sense if we see Cait/KF dealing with her mom becoming an evil ice meta. If done right, KF can finally deal with and admit the awful things she and Cait did in S3 when trying to guide her mom away from the darkness that she gave into in S3. The idea is that, in telling her sins to her mom, KF/Cait will see that she needs to make real amends and apologize instead of continuing to accept the team's easy, unearned forgiveness in S4 without an actual redemption arc. Plus, I'd like to see her/Cait deal with guilt about HR's death.

Also, Ralph wasn't on the team in S1-S3 and is blissfully unaware of all the garbage Cait/KF did because the writers had her lie and keep silent about these things when talking with Ralph. If Ralph finds out about all these things, especially that she helped murder a team member,  it's another way to force KF/Cait to deal with their sins from Ralph's perspective.  KF/Cait might have to explain why she did those things and helped murder a member of Team Flash.

Ralph isn't as emotionally invested or attached to Cait/KF like Barry and Cisco. I suspect Iris went along with the easy pass for Cait/KF just for Barry's sake. Therefore, the writers can use Ralph to really tell Cait/KF the blunt, hard truths she/they need to hear instead of coddling her/them like Barry and Cisco do.  ETA: It also helps that Hartley and DP are friends in real life and can do a scene together while making eye contact. 

With a good writer and a showrunner who recognizes that these emotional and significant beats are necessary and yet to be played out, it could be a great "redemptive" arc for Cait and KF. 

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I rather they give KF/Caitlin a romance rather trying to give KF fake relationships with the other members of Team Flash. 

Her lack of romance (and others in this verse) always astounded me. Kill off her best relationship for no good reason and then keep her single the rest of the time...it's poor character work.

(edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 2:59 PM, SimoneS said:

I just read that Eric Wallace said that Wally will be back to team up with Barry to fight one of The Flash's greatest villains.

Didn’t they say Wally would be back last season? I’d love to have him back, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

11 HOURS AGO, BEAUTIFULFLOWER SAID:

I'm not here for Tom playing Pariah in the crossover. I'm already annoyed with the multiple Wells every season. I don't want to see him play another character. They could've got someone else from the other shows to play Pariah.

If the crossover follows the comics that would mean the end of the multiverse and the end of multiple Wells. Maybe this is a way to give Tom one last crazy role before he is locked down into one character.

Edited by BaggythePanther
Added another thought
  • Love 1

Is it possible that Tom is not really playing two different characters but this new Wells ends up turning into Pariah?

I haven't heard anything about Caitlin's story with her mom. Last season teased Carla's turn into an ice meta but unless I missed something this plot point wasn't really discussed at SDCC.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Her lack of romance (and others in this verse) always astounded me. Kill off her best relationship for no good reason and then keep her single the rest of the time...it's poor character work.

It was a shame that Robbie Amell couldn't commit to the role. Snowstorm was Caitlin's ship. There were so many things they could have done with Ronnie and Killer Frost.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They did give her that ill fated romance with Jay after Ronnie died. II do think that it is odd that they haven't given her a romance since. I wish they would, if only to give us a break from the constant revision of the KF story.

12 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Didn’t they say Wally would be back last season? I’d love to have him back, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Good to see that I am not the only cynic. 🙂 I hope it happens, but from the publicity pieces, I don't get the impression that Keiynan Lonsdale is particularly interested in returning. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Good to see that I am not the only cynic. 🙂 I hope it happens, but from the publicity pieces, I don't the impression that Keiynan Lonsdale is particularly interested in returning. 

I got the same feeling from him too. Maybe a different headwriter will make him more open to coming back because he was really excited when he first started until he realized his character was going nowhere. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, adora721 said:

Also, Ralph wasn't on the team in S1-S3 and is blissfully unaware of all the garbage Cait/KF did because the writers had her lie and keep silent about these things when talking with Ralph.

The writers didn't have her lie. They just retconned/downplayed everything she did from season 3. Remember Iris in 4x05? They had her say KF was manipulated by Savitar even though she tried to kill them way before she knew who Savitar was. Because the writers wrote this, it now has to be treated as "canon". In the show, it's "canon" that trying to murder them never happened.

5 hours ago, Starry said:

I haven't heard anything about Caitlin's story with her mom. Last season teased Carla's turn into an ice meta but unless I missed something this plot point wasn't really discussed at SDCC.

I don't think anybody mentioned Carla at all. They literally put in the episode that Carla test came back positive on her being a meta now. And no ones mentions it? Not even Danielle when she was asked about her story? I guess they not going to cover it in season 6?

Also, some new bts photos came out yesterday. It was for 6x02. Iris, Cisco, Ralph, and KF seem to be outside doing something. It's good to have photos of Candice outside.

However, the major takeaway that people notice is Cisco. I saw the video and he does look like he's wearing Vibe pants. I'm curious as to why he has on Vibe's outfit. Somebody said it can't be a flashback as KF is in her new costume. I hope Cisco didn't get his powers back. Because if he did, that whole storyline from last season would be pointless.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

The writers didn't have her lie. They just retconned/downplayed everything she did from season 3. Remember Iris in 4x05? They had her say KF was manipulated by Savitar even though she tried to kill them way before she knew who Savitar was. Because the writers wrote this, it now has to be treated as "canon". In the show, it's "canon" that trying to murder them never happened

7 hours ago, Starry said:

I do recall Iris' retcon of Savitar manipulating KF.

There are at least two lies they wrote for KF and Cait with regard to Ralph specifically:

1. In S4, KF told Ralph all she did was "kidnap and stab her friends." That was a bold-faced lie; she left out the multiple attempted murders and the murder of HR Wells.
  2. In S5, when Ralph said to Cait that breaking into her mom's lab was her first felony, Cait didn't correct him by mentioning the 11 felonies she committed in 3x7. That was a lie of omission.

I, too, am surprised there was no mention of Carla at SDCC. However, my speculation was just my wishful thinking that Carla becoming an ice meta would be a great opportunity for KF and Cait to explore their moral bankruptcy. I mean, think about it, why is it that entire family turns evil when they get ice powers if those people aren't already morally bankrupt? And it wouldn't be the first time the show retconned Cait's  so-called "canon" story, so what's one more if it fixes the errors and omissions of S4.

Edited by adora721
39 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

However, the major takeaway that people notice is Cisco. I saw the video and he does look like he's wearing Vibe pants. I'm curious as to why he has on Vibe's outfit. Somebody said it can't be a flashback as KF is in her new costume. I hope Cisco didn't get his powers back. Because if he did, that whole storyline from last season would be pointless.

There have been rumors that I dismissed that the Monitor gives Cisco his powers back. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Starry said:

It was a shame that Robbie Amell couldn't commit to the role. Snowstorm was Caitlin's ship. There were so many things they could have done with Ronnie and Killer Frost.

Truth be told, they could have easily found a replacement actor for Ronnie if they wanted to do so. It's not like Robbie Amell is irreplaceable. Plus they have the multiverse available to them to find another Firestorm love interest for Cait/KF. I have my own speculation about why they didn't do this, but I won't bring up that topic again in this thread.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Also, some new bts photos came out yesterday. It was for 6x02. Iris, Cisco, Ralph, and KF seem to be outside doing something. It's good to have photos of Candice outside.

I would fully support that retcon, because they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

But maybe it's a Cisco from another Earth? Crisis shenanigans?

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, SevenStars said:

I got the same feeling from him too. Maybe a different headwriter will make him more open to coming back because he was really excited when he first started until he realized his character was going nowhere. 

Did they say specifically that Keiynan Lonsdale would be back, or just that Wally would be back? An account I follow on YouTube suggested recasting Wally, and now I’m wondering if they would go through with that.

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Did they say specifically that Keiynan Lonsdale would be back, or just that Wally would be back? An account I follow on YouTube suggested recasting Wally, and now I’m wondering if they would go through with that.

I don't remember if they specifically say Keiynan or Wally is coming back. I hope the YouTube account is wrong because I only want Keiynan as Wally. 

I will never understand the thought process about taking away Cisco's powers. It ranks right up there with Joe and Cecile having a baby and giving Cecile powers. The dumbest decisions ever, IMO. Cecile should have been the one to lose her powers. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I will never understand the thought process about taking away Cisco's powers.

I'm thinking it's partially (or totally??) because of Crisis; and he'd be too powerful -- which is still dumb....

Anyway, if they insist on having him "normal" again, I want to see him live this non-superhero life that he supposedly wanted so bad. More of him and Kamilla, let him have a family again, consult with CCPD, and start up Ramon industries.

• Love 1

Speaking of Cisco without powers, I disagree with how they described him at comic con. They said Cisco will be more like his season 1 self.

In my opinion, Cisco has always been his season 1 self. If you go back and watch, what REALLY changed between then and now? In the first season, he was the tech guy, comic relief guy, and villain namer. Flash forward to season 5, he's still all those things but had powers. They make it sound like Cisco changed very much from season 1; when all they did was just give him powers. This is why I disagree with their comments and fans calling this "character regression". Again, in my opinion, Cisco never left his season 1 self.

Poor Cisco though. The writers say they care, but it doesn't shows. Like Caitlin, he's been mostly written as the show's plot device. He builds things to defeat the villain in the episode because the plot requires it. Even when he became Vibe, he was just a plot device for them to travel places.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm thinking it's partially (or totally??) because of Crisis; and he'd be too powerful -- which is still dumb....

Anyway, if they insist on having him "normal" again, I want to see him live this non-superhero life that he supposedly wanted so bad. More of him and Kamilla, let him have a family again, consult with CCPD, and start up Ramon industries.

I always thought they made Cisco too powerful but there are ways to de-power people while not...completing de-powering them. Get rid of his ability to see "vibe" the future or vibe to different Earths (along with gadgets that can replicate that power which has always been weird....)

• Love 1

Candice reportedly said that Eric asked her about Iris' role in the crossover.  Iris should have a prominent role in the crossover, but with Guggenheim writing it, I would be surprised if she even appears. I never watch the crossovers and will only watch this one if Iris is in it.

I have read that Eric said that Barry and Wally would team up to take down one of The Flash's most dangerous enemies so it sounds like Wally's return might actually  be happening IF that is what he really said.

• Love 1

I like Eric. He seems knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the season. Whether that translates to good storylines, we’ll see. But I’m hopeful.

54 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Candice reportedly said that Eric asked her about Iris' role in the crossover.  Iris should have a prominent role in the crossover, but with Guggenheim writing it, I would be surprised if she even appears. I never watch the crossovers and will only watch this one if Iris is in it.

I’m glad Eric is taking an interest in Iris. I think all five shows have some input and Eric speaking up could make a difference. Because we know the past EPs wouldn’t have said anything. IMO there’s no excuse to leave Iris out of the crossover. Even though it looks like Oliver will ‘die’ in Barry’s place, the characters don’t know that, and so it wouldn’t make sense for Iris to drop out of the story right before Barry is scheduled to disappear.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I have read that Eric said that Barry and Wally would team up to take down one of The Flash's most dangerous enemies so it sounds like Wally's return might actually  be happening IF that is what he really said.

It's from the Comic Con panel, at 19:27 in this video. My take is that he wants Wally to come back, but I don't think it's actually set in stone yet. (Even though a lot sites are reporting it that way.) I wouldn't get my hopes up until there's proof of which episodes he will be in, because Keiynan has been living his best life since he left the show.

----

I like that Eric seems committed to changing up the stale format of the show; I think that will be a good change.

One thing I'm not excited about is how he keeps using "thrills and chills" and "dread" to describe the upcoming season (6a). To me, it hints at a horror vibe, and I'm not into that. Plus Grant has seen the first 3 scripts and said things seem darker.

I just hope there's still enough humor and heart even though plots are leading up to Crisis.

• Love 1

I expect all the Arrowverse shows are resetting after COIE, so the pre-COIE story arcs are intentional to make these resets have a greater contrasts. If the source material is any guide, it should allow the writers to fix their mistakes from past seasons.

• Love 1

Just have to say that I really like that Iris is going to have her own sets and supporting cast, and we'll get to see her build her media empire.

I know Crisis and Bloodwork are the more important stories, but it sucks that (according to Grant) CSI Barry won't be a priority. Can they please let him be good at his job and smart in general? It might be especially glaring since it seems most other characters have a storyline related to their careers this coming season.

• Love 2

About the Comic Con trailer and the villain for 6a --

There were some interesting teases, but they've had much better trailers. I know by the time that they have to cut a trailer for Comic Con, there isn't much footage yet, and no VFX, but this year's felt disjointed. The voiceover helped, but only so much. I don't think you get a good sense of the tone and story for the season; and there weren't any big, buzzworthy reveals. -- Well, except for Sendhil R., but the character he's playing isn't well-known/popular, even among comic fans.

But speaking of Bloodwork/Dr. Rosso; I find it a little puzzling(?) how they're presenting the villain this year - in the trailer and in general - especially after hearing what the cast and Wallace have said about him in interviews, etc.

First, they're just straight up telling us ahead of time the plot twist that Dr. Rosso will befriend then betray the Team. Same plot "twist", different approach? Makes me think, then why are they even starting him out as a friend? I get that they have to market the villain/threat, but usually they don't want to give away reveals like that so soon (if at all).

Also, from the press interviews, it seems like Dr. Rosso will only(?) interact with Caitlin, at least initially. At the time, the cast was working on episode 6.02, and Grant said he hadn't worked with Sendhil yet. I don't think they're going to attempt another romance for Caitlin with Rosso, but I also feel that there is a slim chance that they'll at least hint at something.

Wallace also said that Barry and Bloodwork have similar journeys. I'm assuming that Rosso also recently lost (or will lose) a close family member, and whatever experiment/accident turns him into a monster will also eventually kill him. I just wonder how any of this leads to Crisis and the multiverse.

(edited)

In this interview Eric says that we won't hear the we're gonna need more diapers line, but that we might get something far crazier than that line. 

He goes on to say, after being asked about seeing more of Barry's children we know from the comics, that we won't this season, but they talk about it regularly and he hopes to get to do it in seasons to come.

In the interview below he says that while there are no immediate plans they'd love to have Jessica back and that there will be weird hints on how she might return. 

When the interviewer asks if he means the tornado twins, he says he says he's not saying a word.

Obviously these are two different interviews, but both topics (Nora coming back and the diapers line) are connected to Barry/Iris descendants (though to be fair, while a lot of us assume the diapers line means tornado twins in actuality it's just speculation) and both times he points to something either crazy or weird happening. So I think that crazy thing he mentions in the first interview is related to the hints as to how Jessica could come back.

So I actually think those hints from the 2nd interview and the crazier things from the first could still be related to the Tornado Twins. Even if Barry doesn't say that line and we won't actually see them showing up doesn't mean they won't hints to the tornado twins or other Barry/Iris descendants.

I'm actually surprised that we won't see any other descendants this season. Crisis would have been the perfect time to show us some of them in cameo form, without it having to be a story for the season. Though, tbh, I'm still not ruling out we'll see a cameo of someone like Bart or another version of Nora/Dawn during the crossover as a surprise. Maybe as a speed force image when Barry is running so fast he starts seeing images from past, present and future (which I assume he'll do at some point during the crossover).

edited to add: I don't know if this has something to do with this at all, but I suddenly remembered that Eric said in the TVLine interview that in the second half of the season, the fallout of Crisis, it gets really intense, in particular for Grant and Candice. 

Edited by RedVitC
adding something
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, RedVitC said:

I'm actually surprised that we won't see any other descendants this season. Crisis would have been the perfect time to show us some of them in cameo form, without it having to be a story for the season. Though, tbh, I'm still not ruling out we'll see a cameo of someone like Bart or another version of Nora/Dawn during the crossover as a surprise. Maybe as a speed force image when Barry is running so fast he starts seeing images from past, present and future (which I assume he'll do at some point during the crossover).

Some type of cameo is definitely possible this season, and I think it would be a missed opportunity if they don't do it.

As for what "crazy" things might happen after Crisis, it could be almost anything. A time warp, a shift or collapsing in the multiverse that rewrites history; but about it affecting Barry & Iris intensely, maybe they are the only ones who remember the previous universe when it's all over?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trini said:

As for what "crazy" things might happen after Crisis, it could be almost anything. A time warp, a shift or collapsing in the multiverse that rewrites history; but about it affecting Barry & Iris intensely, maybe they are the only ones who remember the previous universe when it's all over?

If the second half of the season is about the aftermath of Crisis, I'm inclined to think the second big bad will somehow flow from the events of Crisis or the changes Crisis makes. Not sure if that will be connected to Barry and Iris. Maybe.  I have this idea that he'll disappear during the first half and come back during the second, but If they have Barry disappear and not return during the crossover I could see some of that intensity coming from there. Barry basically having to fight his way back to Iris and Iris fighting to get him out of the speed force. If he's in the Speed Force, there could be all kinds of weird adventures for him.

I've seen Eric say that the second half in particular (I think it was the second half, but not sure) is very comic booky, and I think this is a very comic booky concept. But of course that can mean anything.

If they follow the Crisis  comic (put it under a spoiler tag just in case, not sure what kind of comic spoilers are allowed)

Spoiler

all the heroes travel to the beginning of time to stop the Anti Monitor. When there all of time is rewritten. It's not just that all the other Earths are merged, but the other earths never existed in the new reality they wake up in. It has elements from the timelines of the different Earths. The heroes that were at the beginning of time remember how things used to be, but no one else.

If they follow that I could see that having big consequences on all the shows and the second half of this season.

• Love 1

"I was talking to Marc Guggenheim about this a couple of weeks ago," Wallace admitted. "I said, 'how can I borrow Mister Terrific and get him on The Flash for a while, because I really love the guy?' I’m not saying that’s happening immediately but I’m certainly going to try."

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/31/the-flashs-eric-wallace-says-hes-trying-to-get-mister-terrific-f/

He'd fit so much better on The Flash and had Cisco left, would've been a good replacement.

I don't watch Arrow so I don't know much about the character, but I thought he wasn't well liked.   And why is he having to 'borrow' the character?   Arrow's almost over and he left last season anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I don't watch Arrow so I don't know much about the character, but I thought he wasn't well liked.   And why is he having to 'borrow' the character?   Arrow's almost over and he left last season anyway. 

Yeah I dont understand the borrow part and yes Curtis did end up becoming extremely annoying but Flash does have different interpretations of the characters.

The character was created by the Arrow production team, and there may be some contract provision about future returning guest appearances, so the Arrow team would have to sign off, since the Flash team wouldn’t know about any plans.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:46 PM, RedVitC said:

I've seen Eric say that the second half in particular (I think it was the second half, but not sure) is very comic booky, and I think this is a very comic booky concept. But of course that can mean anything.

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about that; because I have thought that the show could be better if it really leaned into its sci-fi aspects. (And Wallace has a bunch of sci sci-fi in his previous projects, BTW.) But on the other hand, we don't know what his idea of "comic book-y" means.

23 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/31/the-flashs-eric-wallace-says-hes-trying-to-get-mister-terrific-f/

He'd fit so much better on The Flash and had Cisco left, would've been a good replacement.

I'm glad he is an advocate for characters of color. But also, you don't need Guggenheim's permission -- don't be a Todd, Wallace!

Edited by Trini
10 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

The character was created by the Arrow production team, and there may be some contract provision about future returning guest appearances, so the Arrow team would have to sign off, since the Flash team wouldn’t know about any plans.

Everything they create would be owned by GB if not WB. While Curtis is somewhat a original character, Mister Terrific isn't so plenty of loopholes lol.