Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I was assuming Mr. Terrific would be a guest appearance - recurring at most - not a new team member; so I wouldn't mind that. I'm generally in favor of characters crossing over outside of the big Fall event.

---

Random musings:

I wish someone had asked about Godspeed at Comic Con since his appearance was widely leaked. They probably wouldn't have been allowed to say anything much, but still. It's a character people are interested in.

They're being super careful with the new Flash suit, aren't they? No set pics yet. I'm wondering if Barry isn't in the new suit until a few episodes into the season. Or even until the crossover (but probably not).

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Mister Terrific?! WTF. See this is why I have been cautious about Wallace. Team Flash is already too large and he wants to give precious airtime to Arrow dregs. All this would do is annoy a whole of Flash fans including me. Just horrible. 

He wouldn't be joining full time. Probably do 3-4 episodes. 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:47 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Finally was able to actually watch the video with this, and -wow- way to make an "article" about the least interesting part of that EP interview. [CB.com occasionally has good original content like this, but their website and the way they package their info is SO annoying I'd rather go anywhere else. UGH]

Anyway, I thought Wallace's answers were better than the questions he got. He had some interesting things to say about how The Flash hour of the crossover has "the craziest thing", and will have an "intense" emotional impact. Also some comments on Team Flash in Season 6. (Will try to transcribe later)

I just like to sources I can come back to. :)

-----

Some quotes from Comicbook.com's interview with Eric Wallace (I paraphrased the questions):

[Will it be a happy or sad season?]
A little bit of both, actually. We do have to deal with the sadness of Nora’s loss. That very much informs right out of the gate, Barry and Iris’ … point of view. I mean they’re parents that lost a child, you gotta go there, right? But at the same time, it is Flash, they’re a family and they heal each other. That’s what’s so exciting. And Cisco’s part of that healing, and just because he doesn’t have superpowers doesn’t mean he can’t contribute to Team Flash.

[Will Cisco be the leader of Team Flash?]
… I suppose it’s possible. I’ve always said that Cisco has great leadership qualities. Everybody on the team has a great quality that perhaps hasn’t been exploited yet. We’re going to see that with Cisco, we’re going to see that with Killer Frost. We’re going to see her I think, in ways you would not expect her to really come to the fore. But you’ll also see that with Ralph, too, because he’s going on a journey. A *BIG* journey  this year.

[How is The Flash involved in Crisis?
I think *we* have perhaps the craziest thing to happen in our hour. Not that there’s not crazy things going on in all five, but it pretty big what happens, and the emotions that happen, I think, in our hour of the crossover… the emotional fallout of our hour of Crisis, when it comes, I think will devastate people. It’s sad! It’s really intense. So how do we recover from that? will be the question. So it’s going to be amazing.

[How will Oliver Queen’s death impact Barry?]
Barry has always seen Oliver as a mentor, so what happens when your mentor goes? Goes away permanently? It’s what happens to Luke Skywalker when Obi Wan disappears - Luke must rise up.

The part about The Flash part of the crossover being devastating makes me think that is when Oliver/Barry/etc. dies. Which makes me think that it's the last crossover episode in 2019, which makes me think that the timeslot is 9pm, instead of 8pm.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

It was released last week some photos of Candice, Carlos, and Tom filming together. It was for 6x03. I'm glad to hear we're going to have Iris and Cisco film together. We rarely get scenes between them.

Today, someone posted a video of the scene they shot. I can't exactly describe the new Wells. He swings down to the ground. I'm buying people theories that the new Wells is based on Indiana Jones.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

It was released last week some photos of Candice, Carlos, and Tom filming together. It was for 6x03. I'm glad to hear we're going to have Iris and Cisco film together. We rarely get scenes between them.

It's ridiculous they haven't had more scenes together; yay!

Today, someone posted a video of the scene they shot. I can't exactly describe the new Wells. He swings down to the ground. I'm buying people theories that the new Wells is based on Indiana Jones.

::SIGH:: 

Fingers crossed this one is only here for the first part of the season.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:04 AM, BeautifulFlower said:

I really don't understand the whole thing with Cisco and Killer Frost. What are they saying? They don't get along or something?

I think they're just saying that Cisco's relationship with KF is different than his with Caitlin, and they'll explore that.

--------

This is from Victoria Park's (Kamilla) instagram, apparently; Iris' CCC staff?

Some are speculating that the middle woman is Sue Dearbon; but I'm not so sure we'll see her so soon. They're on episode 6.04, I believe.

In semi-related speculation, which set are we losing to get a CCC set? I'm thinking that STAR Labs lounge will be gone.

Edited by Trini
It's CC Citizen, not CC Picture News!

According to the Instagram of the woman on the left she was filming a commercial and in her 'day 2' picture she is wearing the outfit from the screencap above, So I don't think Victoria was filming the Flash that day.

But I have been wondering if we'd get glimpses or casting announcements about Iris' citizen staff, since they supposedly appear early in the season. They should be filming already right?

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

According to the Instagram of the woman on the left she was filming a commercial and in her 'day 2' picture she is wearing the outfit from the screencap above, So I don't think Victoria was filming the Flash that day.

But I have been wondering if we'd get glimpses or casting announcements about Iris' citizen staff, since they supposedly appear early in the season. They should be filming already right?

Yeah they should be filming already. At comic con, Candice said you meet them early. Since they were filming 6x01 by the time SDCc came around, I just assumed they were in the premiere. 

I can't wait to meet them and see Iris relationship with them. It still sucks that Candice had to wait 6 seasons to receive the storyline she's been wanting since the beginning. 

• Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 10:09 AM, RedVitC said:

It seems there's usually more cast info by now; even if it's just guest stars. It's odd that hasn't been any  announcements.

Victoria Park answered a few fan questions on Twitter:

Talks a tiny bit about working with Candice, Carlos and Danielle; and Kamilla and Iris working together; and growth for Kamilla.

• Love 1

It is difficult for me to believe that they are doing that much with Kamilla, but maybe Eric has a different approach to women, even supporting one. Nah, I still can't imagine that she has that much to do. 

Edited by SimoneS
18 hours ago, Maverick said:

Does that mean Kamilla will be less judgy?   I hope they do something to improve her because I really can't stand this character.  

I know people have different opinions, but I still don't see where Kamilla came off judgy?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Trini said:

'The Flash Season 6: All Your Burning Questions Answered' <-- This is info from the TV Guide Comic Con special issue that was published over a month ago (and the interviews were probably a month before that). There's more info from the later Comic Con interviews, but still *spoilers*.

I don't think there's anything really new here, but here are some quotes from the EPs (excerpts; not the whole article):

Is Thawne being set up to become the show's big bad again?

... "The Flash is going to do something different," previews Wallace. "We're very excited to send shivers down our audience's spines in a way they haven't felt since [Season 2 speedster baddie] Zoom — only this time we're taking it to the next level."

"We've been in contact with Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl more than ever to figure out everybody's storylines," says Helbing.

Interactive artificial intelligence Gideon is basically the same as Amazon's Alexa, with the ability to sift through multiple timelines. Can't Barry just ask her what this impending crisis is and then prevent it?

"You might get that answer in our season premiere," hints Wallace.

Is Cisco (Carlos Valdes) gone?!

Our favorite engineering nerd bid adieu to his metahuman side, Vibe, and his S.T.A.R. Labs gig, but "he's not going anywhere," Wallace promises.

In fact, when Cisco does resurface, he'll be faced with the fallout from taking the metacure he created. "The big question is, can Cisco be happy without his powers?" asks Wallace.

Is Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) getting a new look?

... Per Helbing, expect "a big reveal" in Season 6.

What fresh version of Harrison Wells (Cavanagh) will we get to enjoy next year?

Now that the latest version of Wells, Earth-221's sleuth Sherloque, is gone, Wallace will only reveal that next season's iteration of genius Wells "is so unique" and "has a huge role to play in 'Crisis.'"

Where did Nora go after she evaporated from the timeline?

Again, more secrecy about the West-Allen offspring's fate. "We'll deal with Nora's demise very early on," says Wallace, who foresees a painful path ahead for her grieving parents.

Is private investigator Ralph Dibny, the Elongated Man (Hartley Sawyer), about to find love?

In the season ender, Dibny eyed a file marked "Dearbon," which is the maiden name of the character's wife in the DC Comics. "Obviously, their relationship in the comics is this massive thing," says Helbing. "So yeah, you should meet her next season."

If I remember correctly, not in the main text, but underneath a picture in the TV Guide Comic Con special issue there was mention that Cecile's powers would be explored more this season. I think.... (someone had parts of the magazine on their insta vid back in July) 

(but don't quote me on that!)

Edited by RedVitC
3 hours ago, RedVitC said:

If I remember correctly, not in the main text, but underneath a picture in the TV Guide Comic Con special issue there was mention that Cecile's powers would be explored more this season. I think.... (someone had parts of the magazine on their insta vid back in July) 

(but don't quote me on that!)

Here you go. I don't know if you'll be able to read it

• Useful 1

I'm not feeling hopeful about any stories of substance for Joe and Cecile since they weren't talked about at Comic Con. But I hope they are at least strong supporting players for Barry & Iris' arcs this year.

Season 6 hasn't even premiered yet, and Wallace is already the best showrunner! 😭

---

Now if he can let Barry be a genius CSI, and Cisco build Ramon Industries, this might be the best season.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Season 6 hasn't even premiered yet, and Wallace is already the best showrunner! 😭

---

Now if he can let Barry be a genius CSI, and Cisco build Ramon Industries, this might be the best season.

I'm so happy for Candice. This is something else she wanted for Iris on the show as well as herself.

I don't get why the previous showrunners were against her wearing her natural curls. I mean, it's Candice's hair. Honestly, this would've been beneficial for the hair department. If Candice would her curls, they wouldn't have to do her hair. What I mean by that is no use of a flat iron, etc.

As a Black woman, I hope to see Candice wear her curls more. It's nice to see someone with hair like me on the show. Also, I least I would know Candice hair isn't getting damaged anymore. If you didn't know, the equipment they would have to use to her hair for Iris is pretty damaging to our hair. This is why we for black hairstylists.

• Love 6

It is unbelievable that this Black woman hair thing is real. Berlanti should be embarrassed, which he isn't since he wasn't about Kreisberg. Helbing should be embarrassed also. Good riddance to him. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't get why the previous showrunners were against her wearing her natural curls. I mean, it's Candice's hair. Honestly, this would've been beneficial for the hair department. If Candice would her curls, they wouldn't have to do her hair. What I mean by that is no use of a flat iron, etc.

I wonder, too. But I think that previous showrunners may have wanted to ignore that Iris' Blackness is a part of her character. Kinda like those people who say they "don't see color" as if it's a compliment or a sign of virtue. Showing her curly, natural hair would definitely showcase her Black identity, but it's not like  only Black people have curly hair. It's just weird since it's clear she and Joe (and Cecile) are Black. They had no problem with writing stereotypical stuff for Iris (long-suffering Black woman with no voice) and her mother though (drug addiction).

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

In replying to a tweet from a fan, Candice revealed that 6x05 is Cisco heavy

I'm happy we're finally getting a Cisco ep. This another plus from me for Eric.

Glad to hear it! It would be great if we got to see Cisco interact with his relatives.

6.05 might also be Caitlin/KF-lite since Danielle P. was prepping to direct 6.06. But Caitlin is Cisco's best friend on the show, so I wonder what the plot will be about....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

She deleted the title, but Danielle P. posted the script cover page for the episode she's directing:

-------

Both writers have been with the show since Season 4; Pound has a more senior position, though. Pound's Season 5 credited episodes were 5.05 (with S. Gates), 5.11 and 5.21 (with J. Neira). Hersh did 5.14 (with T. Helbing).

• Useful 1

It's nice that CW put out the premiere photos now, since I think promo and info for the new season has been kind of sparse since Comic Con. But I still think it's odd that there hasn't been any casting announcements except for Sendhil Ramamurthy. I'm thinking that the Crisis crossover this year is making everything more secretive than usual.

So TVLine went and got some showrunner comments about Iris' new look

There’s a reason her hair is that way in the story, and it has to do with fun, and Iris just being herself, and letting the character show more sides of who she is,” Wallace teases for TVLine. “It’s also about letting Candice show more sides of who she is as a person and as an actress, which is something I support 100 percent.

“I love her hair that way,” he added. “I wouldn’t be surprised to see it more than once that way this season.”

Iris’ journalism storyline “is on fire in the first half [of the season],” Wallace trumpets. “In the season premiere, she’ll comment on the fact that, ‘Hey, my paper’s not real yet. I only have so many followers.’ So her paper is going to have to grow up real fast.”

Well, I'm glad there's at least some fun in this Crisis season.

And speaking of Crisis and journalism; I hope Wallace makes sure Iris gets to be in all of the crossover episodes and is an important player, since her article has been has been attached to the Crisis storyline from the show's start.

----

We know Candice has asked for (and gotten) certain things for Iris, and from Wallace's comments at Comic Con, I assume he also had meetings with the rest of the cast about their characters. It just makes me wonder what everyone else asked for; although I think we can guess a few things from the comments we have already (Hartley = Ralph and Sue; Danielle P. = new costume and growth for KF; Carlos = a happy storyline for Cisco(?)). I'm really curious about what Grant and Jesse might have asked for - although these are the two that seem more likely to let the writers do whatever.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

From the TV Guide Comic Con issue - these are the only comments I've seen about Joe and Cecile in Season 6:

Now that Joe West is a police captain, the father figure played by Jesse L. Martin may not have a lot of time to hang out at S.T.A.R. Labs with the gang. "The stakes are bigger than ever because it's not just Team Flash and the West-Allen family Joe has to supervise," says Wallace. "It's all of Central City."

... Danielle Nicolet, whose Cecille West will really get into the game next year. "If you loved Cecille last season, you're going to love her even more soon," teases new showrunner Eric Wallace. "In the first part of Season 6, she's going to open up, explore her powers and [figure out] what her responsibility is as a hero in her own right."

From TVLine's Fall preview:

THE FLASH

Picking up moments after Nora was erased from the timeline, Barry, Iris et al will come to realize the infamous Crisis is arriving five years sooner than expected, and “it’s like stepping on a landmine,” says showrunner Eric Wallace. “All of a sudden the future is today, and that turns everything upside-down. You’ll see each member of Team Flash react in their own unique, and sometimes tragic, way.”

As if that were not enough, the pre-crossover run of episodes — dubbed “Graphic Novel No. 1” — will burn “fast and hot” with the introduction of Dr. Ramsey Rosso (Heroes‘ Sendhil Ramamurthy), a renowned hematologist who shares a “really great relationship” with Caitlin, but is fated to become the villain known as Bloodwork.

Related to the new threats, Iris-the-journalist will get pulled into “a very deep mystery,” while also working to make the Citizen “grow up real fast” due to the accelerated “Flash Vanishes” dateline.

Speaking of the Crisis (and we shall be), Tom Cavanagh’s newest Wells “is integral to not just the first half of the season, but his storyline leads directly into the crossover,” says Wallace.

BONUS SPOILER!: The first third of the season will make time for “one or two” additional nemeses, including “a guest cameo that will be fun for the fans.”

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

... Dr. Ramsey Rosso, a renowned hematologist who shares a “really great relationship” with Caitlin ...

I don't think they will do a romance between them, but I wonder if they'll hint at it? I don't know, "really great" is subjective.

... Related to the new threats, Iris-the-journalist will get pulled into “a very deep mystery,” ...

Intriguing. I don't think this was mentioned in any quotes before. This might be related to the shots of Iris in the trailer of her visiting someone in a hospital, and her trying to help someone in an alley(?). I'm assuming it eventually connects to Bloodwork -- or maybe the new villain in the second half?

... Speaking of the Crisis (and we shall be), Tom Cavanagh’s newest Wells “is integral to not just the first half of the season, but his storyline leads directly into the crossover,” says Wallace. ...

I was assuming that Wells #589 and Pariah (also played by Tom) were different characters, but I think they're going to be the same person? based on this. Now I gotta look up what Pariah does in COIE....

... The first third of the season will make time for “one or two” additional nemeses, including “a guest cameo that will be fun for the fans.”

Well, there are always villains-of-the-week. But a "fun" cameo could be almost anything. (And what a showrunner thinks is fun might be different from what the audience thinks)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Ugh, I don't love Cecile. She is a waste of airtime, IMO.

I like Cecile. Do NOT like her powers. I'd also like if the show let her lawyer better, because even though I think the show wants us to think that she's amazing at her DA job, she doesn't ever come off that way when we see her in a courtroom scene, but that's more of a writing problem, I guess. 

...it's entirely possible that I just like Danielle Nicolet.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, Trini said:

---

I second all of this.  

Like, at this point, I'm pretty sure that some other Barry Allen from a different world comes through a portal during the Crisis and builds Gideon, because our Barry? Um. Well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

https://tvline.com/2019/09/05/the-flash-new-costume-season-6-new-52-inspired/

The notion of preventing the fast-tracked Crisis “is very much the story of the first few episodes,” showrunner Eric Wallace tells TVLine. “How can we prevent this? What would that look like and what would that mean, and are there consequences to attempting that?”

Amid all of that, Team Flash members will have very unique reactions to the suddenly imminent and real prospect of losing Barry. “What’s it like to lose someone who is so close to you. How can you even deal with that, really?” asks Wallace. “It’s the hardest thing in the world.”

If there is a “bright side” to the sped-up Crisis, it’s that it has injected Season 6 with an amplified intensity, building up to the five-part “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event (launching Dec. 8).

“What is exciting for us is 2024 just became 2019, and it gives our season so muchurgency,” Wallace enthuses. “The stories are burning so hot right now in ‘Graphic Novel No. 1′” — aka the stretch of pre-crossover episodes — “that it’s going to give a different flavor to The Flash that will tie right into the intensity of the crossover this year.

“Because ‘Crisis,’ man, we hit the ground running right in Hour 1,” Wallace teases. 

“Some cuckoo stuff happens.”

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 5:23 AM, Starry said:

Is it possible that Tom is not really playing two different characters but this new Wells ends up turning into Pariah?

I think you got this right @Starry! In addition to this:

... Speaking of the Crisis (and we shall be), Tom Cavanagh’s newest Wells “is integral to not just the first half of the season, but his storyline leads directly into the crossover,” says Wallace. ...

... Wallace also said this at Comic Con:

... Pariah will emerge as a result of a “very, very big twist at the end of the Bloodwork case that launches ‘Crisis,'” new showrunner Eric Wallace teased. ...

https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/the-flash-season-6-spoilers-comic-con/

(From my skimming of several summaries of the character,) In the comics, Pariah was a scientist that carried out a 'forbidden' experiment that unintentionally unleashed the Anti-Monitor and gave him the power to destroy other worlds. Then Pariah is 'cursed' to see each world destroyed. But he then helps the heroes defeat the Anti-Monitor.

So, somehow this new Wells gets involved with the Bloodwork threat, and that leads to him doing some experiment (or whatever) that unleashes the Anti-Monitor?? I'm just not sure how Rosso/Bloodwork's crusade against death connects to an antimatter experiment.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 2

The notion of preventing the fast-tracked Crisis “is very much the story of the first few episodes,” showrunner Eric Wallace tells TVLine. “How can we prevent this? What would that look like and what would that mean, and are there consequences to attempting that?”

Amid all of that, Team Flash members will have very unique reactions to the suddenly imminent and real prospect of losing Barry. “What’s it like to lose someone who is so close to you. How can you even deal with that, really?” asks Wallace. “It’s the hardest thing in the world.”

I like that after 5 seasons they are finally dealing with Barry's disappearance. I just hope we get enough screentime devoted to Barry, and the rest of the West family dealing with it as well, since it will impact them the most.

• Love 2

Also TVline has a bigger pic of the new cowl:

flash-6x01-new-costume.jpg?w=620&h=421&c

---

Can't believe they let Grant wear that other mess for an entire season!

Edited by Trini
Wow, use your words, trini!
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Trini said:

I like that after 5 seasons they are finally dealing with Barry's disappearance. I just hope we get enough screentime devoted to Barry, and the rest of the West family dealing with it as well, since it will impact them the most.

All I know is that if the thought of losing Barry doesn't spur some lovemaking from Barry&Iris then I will riot.  Kids or no kids - at least hint that.  Insane for a married couple to be facing that kind of potential loss and we not see that lead to SOMETHING.

• Love 5