Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

The Canadagraphs guy reported that Carlos told him that he would be back.

I read online somewhere that Danielle Panabaker said that she would be returning for season six at a recent appearance.

Edited by SimoneS
20 minutes ago, Trini said:

It would be odd for them to not connect the two villains somehow. But even if they don't connect them directly, I'm also thinking that somehow Thawne manipulated Nora into unknowingly doing something that lets him escape.

I think stopping Cicada is how Thawne is manipulating Nora to free him.

• Love 1

Producer preview of "Gone Rogue"; not really any new info, but has a few new clips:

-----

I don't really have many expectations for this one; except maybe that Barry & Iris bring Nora back to the good side, and maybe one or two scenes of Gracada furthering her plans. I'm interested in what Cisco's "bold decision" is.

More comments about Eobard Thawne from Helbing, gives more context to that previous quote about whether Thawne is 'being truthful':

“In line with Team Flash in all the seasons, they really are into redeeming people or letting people be redeemed,” showrunner Todd Helbing reminds. Just this season, “When Barry couldn’t stop phasing and he was in the Pipeline cell, there was a conversation with Nora about, ‘Can people be redeemed?’ She even asks, ‘What about Thawne?’ and Barry gives his answer that he hopes he can. So we’re playing with whether that’s possible with somebody like Thawne or not.”

“The great thing about having Tom Cavanagh [in the role] is that just looking at that guy, you want to believe him” when he presents himself as caring, Helbing says. “There’s a lot of double speak with Thawne, but at some point he’ll just say what he feels. Everybody will see if he’s being truthful or not.”

Viewers will also learn exactly what that countdown clock outside Thawne’s future prison cell is truly about. (Most recently, he said to Nora, somewhat cryptically, that his “time on this Earth” is almost up.)

Across the final three episodes of Season 5, starting this Tuesday at 8/7c, “There are a lot of explanations about everything,” Helbing promises. “I don’t want to give anything away, but that [clock] plays into what we’ve seen already with him.”

Whatever, Todd. Like I'm supposed to believe that Thawne is actually trying to be helpful here? That he's redeemable? (Even the article writer points this out.) He's not just a villain, he's THE Villain.

Anyway, I hope they answer more questions than just the prison timer, because this season has been riddled with false starts and plot holes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Whatever, Todd. Like I'm supposed to believe that Thawne is actually trying to be helpful here? That he's redeemable? (Even the article writer points this out.) He's not just a villain, he's THE Villain.

Anyway, I hope they answer more questions than just the prison timer, because this season has been riddled with false starts and plot holes.

Helbing is enjoying the suspense. I really hope that they provide answers about Grace's time travel in particular, but I don't have a lot of faith in them. I think that everything that has happened this season is laying the groundwork for next season's crisis. 

I don't know if Nora is being erased or just going back to her time, but either way I will be glad to see the back of her. To me, she went from a promising character to an annoying one.

I am excited that it seems like the oft missing Cisco is getting some significant screen time in this episode. 

• Love 1

I went back and a few pages to check my previous posts from Sarah Carter's Instagram, the finale is her last episode. I think that episode will be mostly them finally stopping Grace. Barry and Iris will take Nora back to the future and say goodbye. Thawne escapes, goes back to the past, and they fight him. Nora is then erased or goes back to an altered future. I also think that it is possible that the Monitor visits and Cisco takes the meta cure.

6 hours ago, adora721 said:

Pics of "The Girl with the Red Lightning"

Looks like Nora is using the mind device to connect to Grace:

Cool, a few more for the West-Allen family album; more Renee Adler (does she leave with Sherloque?); and more Cisco. Surprised they didn't include at least one of Cicada II.

(edited)

I am just waiting for the finale. I want to see how the Nora story is resolved and how Thawne's release is related to the crisis next season. I also expect the Monitor to make an unexpected visit. I never watch the crossovers on the other shows, but if Iris is in them, I will. Since Barry's potential disappearance is one of the major stories, I would expect Iris to have a major role. If she is only on The Flash, I will give it a miss and read about what happens online.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Do we know his potential disappearance is one of the major stories?

Todd mentioned in an interview that the 'Flash Vanishes in Crisis' headline would be a major thing in the crossover, I looked up the quote:

"We've certainly been teasing [the headline] a long time, but it's a major factor in next year's crossover," The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing recently told TV Guide. "There will be little tidbits here and there that people will be able to start to put together."

1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

"There will be little tidbits here and there that people will be able to start to put together."

::SIGH:: Todd always making promises he can't keep.

Iris' blouse in the episode 21 seemed familiar so I checked. She is wearing the same blouse in the bts video of Barry and Iris in the future saying goodbye to Nora and the Team Flash confronting Thawne in the finale. Maybe Nora isn't erased in front of Barry and Iris. She simply goes back to the future, but because of events set in motion, this version of her is erased anyway.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, adora721 said:

Tonight's sneak peak: 

That's a lot of handwaving the legalities of dispensing the Cure, and police work in just one scene....

• Love 2
(edited)

According to the preview, the dagger isn't destroyed at the beginning of the final episode and Grace has it. So what happens? They somehow stop Grace without destroying the dagger. They think that they have outwitted Thawne. Iris and Barry take Nora to the future and they say goodbye. Yet somehow the dagger is still destroyed, freeing Thawne who goes back to the past. Nora finds out Thawne has escaped, goes back to the past to warn them and then all hell breaks loose. Is this plausible?

ETA: Maybe the dagger doesn't have to be destroyed for Thawne to escape, it is enough that Team Flash take away its power.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Can't believe we still have to spend one more episode with Cicada.

Finale promo:

It think it might be more trouble than it's worth, but I wonder of they'd do something as daring as having Nora go back and prevent the events that she started? They probably wouldn't do that, since it would effectively erase all of Season 5, but I'm just throwing the possibility out there.

Edited by Trini
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trini said:

It think it might be more trouble than it's worth, but I wonder of they'd do something as daring as having Nora go back and prevent the events that she started? They probably wouldn't do that, since it would effectively erase all of Season 5, but I'm just throwing the possibility out there.

I suppose that Nora or Barry could go back and tell Nora the truth about her parentage, explaining why she should not go to Thawne for help. However, I really hope that Barry learns finally learns his lesson about negative impact of treating time travel so carelessly.

Edited by SimoneS
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

They have released the promo photos for the finale. They have captured Grace and she has the dagger so I don't understand how it is destroyed and Thawne escapes. Below is the photo of Iris crying. I am pretty sure that Nora has been erased.

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-season-finale-photos-legacy/32697

This seems like the most spoiler-y set of photos for a finale they've released in a while.

Another for the West-Allen photo album, with Nora's suit still dark from the negative speed force:

FLA522c_0018b.jpg

This shot could have been composed better. We'll see how it looks in the episode, but the line up is unbalanced to me: Nora's all the way on the opposite side away from her parents, and Barry should be in the middle anyway.

FLA522b_0117b.jpg

It looks a little better here, but I still think positions should be switched around:

And I really hope they change the Flash costume for next season. I'm sure it's more comfortable for Grant, but it's so bad. Less seams at least. And the chin strap is still sorely missed, but I have a feeling that's not coming back.

(edited)

As for spec; I'm thinking that they somehow convince Gracada to let young Grace get the cure and/or take the satellite shard out -- even though they could give her the cure without her permission.

I always thought that the show would have a somehow have a happy ending for Grace; but even if they cure her and she wakes up, her family is still dead. Unless - when they cure her, Orlin somehow is alive again because of the change. (And I know that's NOT how it should according to how they've shown time travel here, but they break their own rules all the time.)

The main thing I'm curious about regarding Thawne/Reverse Flash is, how will they explain letting him go this time?? (Because they're not killing him.) I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but they have to give a good reason this time. However, from the promo, it looks like maybe Nora goes after him; but to do what? From Barry & Iris' reactions, it seems like something fatal.

I was hoping to see Cisco with Kamilla one more time, but it seems like that tiny arc got cut. There's still a chance that she appears, since they wouldn't really promote a non-action scene, but I'm not counting on it. There's just so many things they need to do wrap up stuff from this season and start new stuff for next season and the crossover.

Edited by Trini

I was really surprised all those metas came to be cured, especially since the cure is from Star Labs. Star Labs is responsible for their powers in the first place. I'm just surprised they would trust Star Labs to cure them.

Also, I will need this show to never mention the FDA again. Because if you're telling me that the FDA exists, then that means you know the cure is illegal. You had a doctor administer an illegal drug.

Speaking of that, this show really unintentionally portrays Caitlin as the most incompetent doctor.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Trini said:

As for spec; I'm thinking that they somehow convince Gracada to let young Grace get the cure and/or take the satellite shard out -- even though they could give her the cure without her permission.

I always thought that the show would have a somehow have a happy ending for Grace; but even if they cure her and she wakes up, her family is still dead. Unless - when they cure her, Orlin somehow is alive again because of the change. (And I know that NOT how it should according to how they've shown time travel here, but they break their own rules all the time.)

In the trailer there is a quick shot of young Grace sitting up in bed. Maybe they find the cabin and give young Grace the cure. I can't think of any other reason that she would suddenly wake up. Adult Grace catches and attacks them, but before she can kill Nora, she loses her powers.

It isn't clear to me how the dagger is destroyed and Thawne escapes so they have done a good job keeping the plots secret despite the leaked videos.

• Love 1

I didn't realize that 5x18 confirmed that Nora lied about being Central City's hero. I suspected this during 5A.

She learned about her powers and met Thawne in one day. We know every time she kept running back to the future, it was within the 1 and a had Thawne had left.

Or they retcon it. Because Nora voice over said she was the fastest woman alive in her time.

Yes, Nora, it is your fault because you are a dumbass! 

Iris, stop enabling your dumbass adult daughter out of guilt or she will never stop being a dumbass!

I am not kidding. Nora better be dead or erased in the finale. She is simply unbearable. Barry and Iris can do better and deserve better from their child(ren).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

A couple other things. Why is Sherloque explaining Ralph's discovery? Ralph does all the brain work and they give the glory to Sherloque, who has been useless beyond outing Nora's lies. If I was Barry, I would demand my money back from Sherloque. He has really been the worse Wells.

Cisco is off to see Kamilla? I know Carlos told that fan that he wasn't leaving, but whether he is going or staying, this has been the worse season for Cisco and I would really like to know why.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, adora721 said:

Very early sneak peek at "Legacy":

Oh wow, will Kamilla actually be in the finale? What results?

And yeah, where is Ralph, and why is Sherloque explaining Thawne's plan?? We already know that Thawne/Reverse Flash is going to be appearing in the finale, so Sherloque doesn't need to be here; if they wanted to give Cavanagh something to do. Such a waste of space this season. He should have exited in the last episode.

The thing is  - does destroying the dagger help Thawne escape? (I know the writers are going to say 'yes', but I'm just trying to think through this logically - a fool's errand, I know) We still don't know anything about the circumstances of Thawne's capture and imprisonment. Are they saying that the dagger was the only way to keep him contained? Because show canon shows that's not true.

And yeah, it is your fault, Nora. But the bigger issue I have is that this whole thing with Thawne (and even Cicada) is that it's the very definition of an idiot plot. They've made everyone dumb just to get to this climax, and I just don't think it's going to be worth it.

"Find Cicada. Get rid of dagger." - Literally been failing at that plan for 3/4ths of the season. I can't believe they spent 22 episodes on the Team being punked by both versions of this sub-par villain. I think Cicada's arc should have also ended last episode, so then we could focus on Thawne and setting up next season without repetitive junk.

(edited)

I expect that we will get the usual criminal exposition about Thawne's master plan when he travels back to confront them. 

I refuse to get my hopes up too much about Eric Wallace as the new showrunner, but I can't help hoping there is a rethink about having one overarching villain that Team Flash confronts and loses to almost every freaking week like they have had in seasons four and five. It has been an absolute disaster for the show. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)

From Todd Helbing's EW interview:

All season long, Cisco [Carlos Valdes] has been going back and forth on the idea of being Vibe. What can you tease about how that story line wraps up here?
Since the end of season 1 before he had his powers, or as they were manifesting, Cisco had a lot of reservations about [them]. I don’t think Cisco has ever fully felt comfortable as a superhero. I think where he is most comfortable is when he’s just using his brain. So there’s a big choice that he has in front of him. You’ll just have to see what he decides to do ultimately.

Well, this is just wrong, and clearly he's trying to justify whatever stupid plot twist they're going to do to him in the finale. He can do both Todd!

I swear, if depowering CIsco is one of the last things Helbing does before leaving after this mess of a season....

tumblr_p5kbkmPWO41uqw734o1_540.gif

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
(edited)

Helbing is clearly burnt out and season five has been a mess as a result. Every time he referred to Nora as a "child" in that interview I rolled my eyes. She is a grown woman infantilized for this story. Then there is Helbing talking about it also being Nora's issues with Thawne as if that matters when she will be gone by the end of the episode. I will never understand why has this season revolved around a temporary character.

56 minutes ago, Trini said:

From Todd Helbing's EW interview:

Well, this is just wrong, and clearly he's trying to justify whatever stupid plot twist they're going to do to him in the finale. He can do both Todd!

I swear, if depowering CIsco is one of the last things Helbing does before leaving after this mess of a season....

I can't figure out what they are doing with Cisco. Carlos said that he would be back next season, but if Cisco takes the cure, I can only conclude that they must be setting him up to be killed during the Crisis next season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)

Looking at the trailer, it looks like Nora is using the negative speed force. I wonder if she disappears or disintegrates using it to stop Thawne.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

...here's the thing. Trusting Thawne may be Nora's mistake, but if the team decides to destroy the dagger that's on them. The either or they've set up here is a false one. Thawne's plan already failed. They didn't destroy the dagger! I get what the show is trying to do in setting up an impossible decision, but they don't need to destroy the dagger to defeat Cicada 2.

I don't know why they're suddenly so focused on the dagger being the thing that makes her win. We've seen her wipe the floor with them without the dagger. And even if the dagger was this big obstactle, they'd just need to temporarily separate Cicada from the dagger long enough to get her to the pipeline or some other place, or knock her out and bring her back to time where the dagger is in the hands of the prison. We've seen them separate Cicada from the dagger before. Breach the dagger into space again or let one of the team take it to another earth temporarily, and then Barry speeds Cicada to the future before or while she calls it back from space. the end.

From the ew interview:

Is the setup big or small?
I guess it depends on who is watching it. If it’s my mother, it’s probably not as big as somebody that knows exactly what it is.

I've been thinking that the setup they've been teasing is the time changing from 2024 to 2019, but I'm not as sure after reading this since it implies comic knowledge.

I don't think Nora is dying. I think she'll have a big sacrifice moment and they'll think she is dead/gone, but then there will be some kind of twist. (I'm surprised at how many people think Iris is crying in that picture because something happened to Joe. Especially the people that have read the filming reports. Jesse wasn't even filming that scene where Thawne appears. I suppose it could be another scene at a different location than that one, since you can't really see where they are, but the colors of the background make it seem like it's the same scene.

Edited by RedVitC
forgot to delete a quote
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

... The either or they've set up here is a false one. Thawne's plan already failed. They didn't destroy the dagger! I get what the show is trying to do in setting up an impossible decision, but they don't need to destroy the dagger to defeat Cicada 2.

I don't know why they're suddenly so focused on the dagger being the thing that makes her win. We've seen her wipe the floor with them without the dagger. ...

I didn't bother to comment on it, but this was my exact thought when I read this. There's NOT only two options here.

Here's an idea (that will never be used) -- since Nora's been doing all this time traveling anyway, have her go back to the future and get all the information on how Thawne was captured; and then maybe they could figure out an alternate method of containing him, if they still want to destroy the dagger in the present.

But yeah, they don't even have to destroy the dagger; they just need to contain Cicada and separate it from her.

(edited)

Like most of the plots this season, the sudden insistence on following Thawne's plan and destroying the dagger is ridiculous now that they know it will help him escape. As pointed out above, they know this won't stop Grace. In the trailer, she still has the dagger so it wasn't destroyed last week. I really hope that it is destroyed by accident so Team Flash doesn't look as stupid as it has all season.

Given her poor judgment, I would not trust Nora to travel to the future to find out how Thawne was captured. She would likely make the situation worse. Barry is the one should travel to the future and do this. It would have been a poignant episode to have him work with future Iris to find out the truth about Thawne, but this probably never occurred to the writers.

There was a scene filmed with Barry and Iris saying goodbye to Nora in the future in the same clothes that they are wearing in this episode so maybe she does survive, but it won't matter because this version of Nora will no longer exist once the Crisis is moved to 2019

Edited by SimoneS

On the other hand, Jesse was in some of the bts pictures Sarah posted so he probably was part of another confrontation with Cicada 2, but I still don't think anything will happen to him.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I really hope that it is destroyed by accident

I'd prefer this too

I remembered this from one of Danielle's interviews (TVLine) and I wonder what it might mean:

TVLINE | Lastly, what can you say about this season’s finale (airing May 14). How would you compare it to past ones?
Oh, man. Every year it seems like they somehow find a way to top themselves. We’re still in the middle of filming the finale, but it’s going to be really epic. I think it’s going to be devastating in some ways, and it’s got a twist on the typical Flash ending, which I’m excited for fans to see.

What would be considered a typical Flash finale? Because while the first three seasons have Barry disappears endings, the one for the 4th season was already different. These are the ones we've had:

-That thing was threatening the city, Barry speeds up into the sky

-Barry goes back into the past and saves his mother

-Barry goes into the speed force

-Nora appears and tells them she's Barry and Iris'  daughter from the future and she needs their help because she made a big mistake

The interviews seem to indicate that the cliffhanger might be crisis related, but I don't think the time on the newspaper being different would count as a twist on the typical flash ending

I mean, they could have started with Barry & Iris dealing with it this season; instead of waiting until the last possible moment - Todd. Obviously since Crisis is happening next season, they'd have to deal with it then.

---

Anyway, a next season tease from Helbing's EW interview:

Can we expect the finale to offer a hint about next season’s big bad?

I will say that we’ve been dropping a lot of hints about next season and a lot of different key components of next season. So, I think we hit all of those again in the finale. I would just keep your ears open.

I don't think they did? Reverse Flash obviously, but I don't think anything else; unless he's just talking about the Crisis crossover.

The Reverse Flash was the only villain I saw or heard referenced last night. I have to say that I was expecting the Monitor to make an appearance. Maybe the show will have a villain of the week format with the overarching focus on the coming Crisis and anti-Monitor's arrival. I certainly hope that we see Team Flash coming up with a plan to help Barry reappear, after all the only place he could be is in the Speed Force. It is difficult to know how the Crisis will play out since they have conflated the comic book crisis with the one created for The Flash.

I feel like it's really pointless for Killer Frost to have a suit.

Every body else's suit helps conceal their identity while they're out being a hero. However, Barry and Wally's suit are needed to keep the clothes from burning up while running.

Literally anybody could walk out in public and just think that's Caitlin in a wig and blue lipstick. Her identity isn't concealed at all.

Anyway, the main she reason she doesn't need a suit? She's not really a hero. We've had a few characters basically confirm this, herself included. Think about it. KF really never goes out to help unless she's needed. She always get knocked out. I feel like it's pointless to design a suit for a character this happens to.

What I'm saying is, this show has shown and given reasons for the others to need suits. I need a reason for why she does.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2019 at 8:21 AM, RedVitC said:

I guess I just think there's no dramatic storytelling juice to be gained from spending time going : instead of in 3 years, Iris will get pregnant in 5 years. Because it doesn't change much for the audience.

Whether he does or not, they're still going to be acting like Barry will disappear during crisis (they're not going to reveal that until the actual crossover). So if they're going to reveal a change it can either be:

1. that they find out Iris is pregnant earlier (she could find out before, during or shortly after crisis) because the date of crisis has changed,

Going back to the pregnancy discussion,

I didn't want to believe it, but now I do think - based on Helbing's quote - that Iris finds out she's pregnant before or during the Crisis crossover.

I'd rather it be a season or two later, but if she is, she is. I guess they need something to up the stakes, but obviously Barry will be back somehow, so I don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, I'm still think it's possible they do some type of time jump when the shows come back from mid-season. I'm not sure what else they plan to change in the shared universe for Crisis, but it has to be big.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Anyway, I'm still think it's possible they do some type of time jump when the shows come back from mid-season. I'm not sure what else they plan to change in the shared universe for Crisis, but it has to be big.

This discussion is making me nervous. A Crisis pregnancy reveal followed by a time jump is a big NO for me. I think it can happen because like you said they need something to up the stakes but I would hate it. The fun thing about pregnancies is what follows the reveal. I don't want to miss all the WestAllen cuteness that could/should come with it because they want Barry to vanish and come back after a time jump. Would he even be there for the baby's birth? Even if Barry disappears and re-appears three seconds later I would still loathe the idea of a time jump because, again, I don't want to miss the pregnancy stages and for the show to come back and the baby is already born. The writers may hate me but I hope they don't hate me this much 😧

In short, I need them to do either the time jump or the pregnancy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Going back to the pregnancy discussion,

I didn't want to believe it, but now I do think - based on Helbing's quote - that Iris finds out she's pregnant before or during the Crisis crossover.

I'd rather it be a season or two later, but if she is, she is. I guess they need something to up the stakes, but obviously Barry will be back somehow, so I don't think it's necessary.

See I was persuaded that you were right that there would be no pregnancy until the final season. I thought Helbing meant that Iris would not be pregnant anytime soon because Crisis is occurring sooner. 

44 minutes ago, Starry said:

This discussion is making me nervous. A Crisis pregnancy reveal followed by a time jump is a big NO for me. I think it can happen because like you said they need something to up the stakes but I would hate it. The fun thing about pregnancies is what follows the reveal. I don't want to miss all the WestAllen cuteness that could/should come with it because they want Barry to vanish and come back after a time jump. Would he even be there for the baby's birth? Even if Barry disappears and re-appears three seconds later I would still loathe the idea of a time jump because, again, I don't want to miss the pregnancy stages and for the show to come back and the baby is already born. The writers may hate me but I hope they don't hate me this much

If Iris is pregnant, I think that Barry will be there given the line "we're gonna to need more diapers." So we will get some of the pregnancy if not all. 

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

See I was persuaded that you were right that there would be no pregnancy until the final season. I thought Helbing meant that Iris would not be pregnant anytime soon because Crisis is occurring sooner. 

If Iris is pregnant, I think that Barry will be there given the line "we're gonna to need more diapers." So we will get some of the pregnancy if not all. 

I think the audience is putting too much stock in the line "we're gonna need more diapers." (more than the writers are, at least). Aside from "This house is bitchin'" being somewhat of a recurring joke, how much of Barry's speed force gibberish has actually played out? I mean, we're still waiting on learning anything more about that speed force language he was writing in! When Nora was also writing in that I thought FOR SURE we'd get more about it and nope. 

8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Well, I guess it can go either way; but I'm assuming that since Helbing (who is just terrible at doing teases) spoke about Iris' pregnancy, it's more likely happening than not happening soon. He said that the end of the finale would set the timetable, and since the only thing that happened was the Crisis date getting moved up sooner, I'm assuming that the pregnancy is moved up sooner.

7 hours ago, shantown said:

I think the audience is putting too much stock in the line "we're gonna need more diapers." (more than the writers are, at least). Aside from "This house is bitchin'" being somewhat of a recurring joke, how much of Barry's speed force gibberish has actually played out?

Three out of four things that were referring to future events played out already; the "diapers" line is the last one. I think the mistake is that people were assuming that line was going to play out sooner than later. The show has done several teases/easter eggs that don't get payoff until seasons later. (Like Barry in jail and the Flash Museum in season 1; we didn't see those until seasons 4 and 5.)

• Love 1