Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Didn't realize this. Thanks.

No problem! If I hadn't seen( I think it was) Kate's insta vid, I wouldn't have realized it either. Not much int the way of pics or vids has come out from the night otherwise

22 hours ago, Trini said:

Yeah, it's probably not time travel. It'd be cool if we saw more of Future Iris though. I like your message idea, but I feel whatever she does will have to be something that has an impact in the present. It's just hard to guess since we don't really know what Barry's action is yet.

Yeah, it's hard to guess without knowing what it is that Barry does. Perhaps any message she leaves (which would be read immediately by the person in the future since for them there is no wait) would have instructions for something in the present. maybe (if Nora is in the future) she comes back or something. But the message idea is probably far fetched.

I definitely want to see future Iris. Let's have future Iris and present Iris give each other advice. Let's have future Iris interact with present day Barry (can you imagine how hard that would be for her???? 😭). 

Barry making a decision about his family without consulting  does seem like a repeat since they already tackled that at the beginning of season 4.  But I hope it stays within the episode, I prefer external angst to internal angst (if there has to be angst)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedVitC said:

I definitely want to see future Iris. Let's have future Iris and present Iris give each other advice. Let's have future Iris interact with present day Barry (can you imagine how hard that would be for her???? 😭). 

On one hand, I want it so bad! On the other, I don't trust these writers to handle a story like that with any finesse AT ALL, so maybe I don't want to see that (on this show).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Trini said:

For the Season 3 (Invasion!) crossover, one of the writer/producers tweeted out some dialog that had been cut, where Barry told Oliver(?? I'm not sure) to 'tell Iris I love her'. So he did think of her, but it didn't make the final edit.

[It might take me a little bit to track down the source, but that the gist.]
[ETA: It was Marc Guggenheim who tweeted a script page; said the line was cut for time.]

I forgot about that. However, it's still bothersome. Marc doesn't get Barry at all and it shows. The Barry we know would tell Iris himself that.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

You know this reminds of the crossover from season 3 and this season. Both of them had Barry willingly going to sacrifice himself. That's fine and Iris would understand as he's saving the world. However, Barry doesn't even think about how this would affect Iris. He just makes the decision. He doesn't even try to go and say goodbye. This irritates me when they write this for Barry. It's a flaw, yes. However, it's an annoying flaw.

I don't mind this as a character flaw. The problem is that I don't think the writers see it as such, the see it as the norm. Which basically means Barry won't have any character growth when it comes to that.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Trini said:

Sounds like Gracada get destroyed/erased RF-style.

I couldn't figure out what she meant exactly other than her character being defeated. I thought Nora would be erased so not sure. Maybe Grace screams a lot when she dies. 

Edited by SimoneS

Promo pics! I'm trying to think of when what happens. Barry confronting Thawne, maybe that's where he goes after he leaves Nora in those behind the scenes pics/vids. Is that conversation with Nora and Iris before or after they read the diary?

About Sarah's post, it's kind of confusing since I think (not sure) they're supposed to film tonight and tomorrow. Either yvrshoots or whatsfilming posted about them filming on the 10th and 11th (with locations) a couple days ago. Add to that that Danielle Panabaker wrote on her insta vid that she was getting ready for night shoots (plural). Maybe Sarah means that she herself has wrapped? (though that would admittedly be a strange way to say it).

When I finished writing the above I went to check and yvrshoots they just (to me anyway) posted this a little less than an hour before:

Edited by RedVitC
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

So what is Nora's fate? She is gone at the end of this season or does she stick around until the Crisis?

She's from the future, with no real reason to be here in the present, so I've always thought that she'd be gone by the end of the season.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Trini said:

I wonder if the decision Barry makes is because of something Thawne says.

Who is this guy? (the photo credit says the character name is "Kev Shinick")

FLA518a_0269b.jpg

Glad that there will be another mother-daughter scene with Iris and Nora. I hope we get one in the future, too.

I keep thinking about what Nora said in the leaked scene, "dad, you don't have to do this. I promise I'll never see Thawne again." I don't think that leaving her in the future fits with that comment. After all, how can he trust that she won't see Thawne if she stays in the future, but I but I can't think what else "this" could be. 

I am looking forward to hearing what Iris says to Nora. I hope that she is tough with Nora in that moment and even I know that she will be a sap eventually. 

I have been wondering who that guy is also. I wonder if he is a guard at Iron Heights. His uniform reminds me of the one that Candice was wearing when she did that booty video, but it is different. 

On 4/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, SimoneS said:

I have been wondering who that guy is also. I wonder if he is a guard at Iron Heights. His uniform reminds me of the one that Candice was wearing when she did that booty video, but it is different. 

I think if he was a prison guard he'd look more "official"; but that's still a possibility.  Maybe he also a metahuman crimefighter/vigilante? (But then he'd have a mask, right?) And Nora got some training and/or advice from him? He's a mentor? (What about the rest of Team Flash?? Arrrrgh)

And looking again at the "Godspeed" promo, the photo with this new character might be the same location where Nora is screaming 'No!'; so maybe he gets killed or harmed by Godspeed?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Going back to "Snow Pack" for a moment - I hope they don't have Barry in the Caitlin/Icicle plot this time. He really didn't do anything in the last Caitlin-centric episode, so they should just let him be with his family in the West-Allen B-plot. Plus, it just wouldn't make sense to have him away from that story at this point in the season. Smeg- even if Iris (and Nora?) is off doing whatever without Barry, maybe he and Joe could have a C-plot.

Literally everyone else can go with Caitlin.

• Love 2

---

Also I think there's an opportunity to parallel Caitlin's fight with her parents to Nora's fight with her parents in the episode, but these writers aren't that ambitious.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Going back to "Snow Pack" for a moment - I hope they don't have Barry in the Caitlin/Icicle plot this time. He really didn't do anything in the last Caitlin-centric episode, so they should just let him be with his family in the West-Allen B-plot. Plus, it just wouldn't make sense to have him away from that story at this point in the season. Smeg- even if Iris (and Nora?) is off doing whatever without Barry, maybe he and Joe could have a C-plot.

Literally everyone else can go with Caitlin.

THIS!!!!!

Barry being in Caitlin's plot in 5x06 was FORCED. It didn't feel organic at all. Barry wasn't involved in the subplots trying to find her father. Then, all of a sudden he's going to meet her father as if he was involved all along. Made no sense.

• Love 3

This must be when Nora apologizes and swears never to see Thawne again. Barry must then run her back to the future so he can confront Thawne, then tells Nora to stay there and never return because he no longer trusts her.

Canadian Netflix leaked the title of episode 21 as, "The Girl with the Red Lightning."

Edited by SimoneS
32 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Canadian Netflix leaked the title of episode 21 as, "The Girl with the Red Lightning."

Interesting! This probably isn't referring to Nora; maybe it's about Grace/Cicada? It better not be a new character since that's the penultimate episode.

Someone got a screencap:

"Gone Rogue" - normally this would be an episode with Captain Cold, but it's probably the return of Weather Witch... and friends?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Trini said:

"Gone Rogue" - normally this would be an episode with Captain Cold, but it probably the return of Weather Witch... and friends?

Makes sense. I can see Grace going after the younger generation of Rogues the show has been creating. They are criminal metas and easier targets.

Edited by SimoneS

There are new set photos for the season finale. As predicted, the Reverse Flash escapes from his cell and returns from the future. They have a confrontation with lots of dialogue. Canadagraphs has quite a few photos on its Flash Blog. 

Here are photos of Grant in the Flash suit with a new haircut and Candice with Danielle as Killer Frost: https://twitter.com/ThemysciraBound

It just occurred to me that likely Thawne escapes and heads to the past after Grace is defeated so how come Nora is still in the past? Why hasn't she gone back or been erased? Thawne probably is there to gloat and tell Barry about the Monitor and their upcoming confrontation.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I would be way more excited about the return of the Reverse Flash as the Big Bad if he hadn't shown up in every single crossover since season 1 (and if we hadn't had 62 different versions of Wells in the meantime). 

• Love 5

5.20 synopsis:

"Gone Rogue"

WEATHER WITCH, QUEEN BEE AND RAG DOLL RETURN TO CENTRAL CITY - Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to struggle with how he feels about Nora's (Jessica Parker Kennedy) betrayal. Brie Larvan (guest star Emily Kinney), Joss Jackam (guest star Reina Hardesty) and Peter Merkel (guest star Troy James) return to Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) makes a bold decision.

Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Joshua V. Gilbert (#520). Original airdate 4/30/2019.

Barry continues to struggle with how he feels about Nora's betrayal.

This could mean anything. But it indicates that Nora is still 'in the doghouse' -- at least with Barry.

WEATHER WITCH, QUEEN BEE AND RAG DOLL RETURN TO CENTRAL CITY

I did like Rag Doll, but is this the best they could come up with for returning villains?? Then again, nearly all the villains this season have unimpressive. If they're teaming up maybe there's a chance they'll actually be a threat.

Meanwhile, Cisco makes a bold decision.

NO. Nope. Uh-uh. STOP. This better NOT be about him getting rid of his powers, because he did not go through 3 seasons of development (and 2 seasons of being ignored) to go out like that. NOOOO.

written by Sam Chalsen & Joshua V. Gilbert

Does this mean that the good writers are on the last two episodes?

Well, at least there's the finale to look forward to - I hope.

• Love 1

You will find more spoiler photos and videos here:  https://twitter.com/ThemysciraBound

Some of the photos are blurry, but it looks like Barry, Iris, and Nora confront Thawne. Nora grabs Thawne, but she has trouble holding him and then Barry grabs Thawne. Then standing next to Iris, Nora starts to move her hands indicating that she is being erased from existence.

Edited by SimoneS

I feel like I'm just watching this season out of obligation at this point.

It started out so promising, but then went back to downhill. They literally look they were taking our complaints into consideration.

The first 5 episodes. We actually had the team split up. Everybody wasn't just standing around in SL. There was only one minor set back with introducing a new SL set (no one asked for this).

5x06 came and it was terrible. However, it went downhill starting with 5x07. They went to doing what people complained about in season 4.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I feel like I'm just watching this season out of obligation at this point.

It started out so promising, but then went back to downhill. They literally look they were taking our complaints into consideration.

The first 5 episodes. We actually had the team split up. Everybody wasn't just standing around in SL. There was only one minor set back with introducing a new SL set (no one asked for this).

5x06 came and it was terrible. However, it went downhill starting with 5x07. They went to doing what people complained about in season 4.

Answering in Unspoiled Spec.

Nothing we didn't already know from the episode descriptions:

Any scoop on how The Flash‘s Barry and Iris will react to Nora working with Thawne? –Mariam

When last we tuned in, we saw Barry, for one, react by stuffing his daughter into the Pipeline. And when the series returns this Tuesday, emotions will still be at a fever pitch. In fact, “that storyline is going to continue even past this week’s episode a bit,” says Danielle Panabaker, who made her directorial debut with the April 16 outing. “The betrayal that Barry feels is devastating to him, and as parents, he and Iris have to deal with this struggle that we have seen in a couple different ways this season, but never at this level.”

https://tvline.com/2019/04/15/flash-spoilers-season-5-nora-secret-barry-iris-reaction/

Well the below video sadly validates all the people who were concerned about DP directing this - Barry yelling at Iris like that is so out of pocket.  And watch NO one call him out for it.  Iris will be forced to just stand there and take it.  Even Joe won't react.  Nevermind the fact that this mess will play out publicly in front of the whole team instead of as a private family moment.

I am SO glad Todd Helbing got fired/replaced/whatever.

Obviously him trusting DP to be professional was horrible judgment on his part.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:33 AM, SimoneS said:

The shirt is the same one that Nora is wearing in the leaked Godspeed 5x18 video where she and Barry have an argument in the future and he runs off and leaves her. I posted that video several pages back. Spoilertv has it on this link: https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/02/the-flash-episode-518-godspeed-bts-set.html

1 hour ago, adora721 said:

Inside "Godspeed" video:

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Well the below video sadly validates all the people who were concerned about DP directing this - Barry yelling at Iris like that is so out of pocket.  And watch NO one call him out for it.  Iris will be forced to just stand there and take it.  Even Joe won't react.  Nevermind the fact that this mess will play out publicly in front of the whole team instead of as a private family moment.

To be fair, she's only directing what the script says. So if it said for Barry to yell, oh well.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Well this sadly validates all the people who were concerned about DP directing this - Barry yelling at Iris like that is so out of pocket.  And watch NO one call him out for it.  Iris will be forced to just stand there and take it.  Even Joe won't react.  Nevermind the fact that this mess will play out publicly in front of the whole team instead of as a private family moment.

I am going to wait to watch the episode to make a final judgement, but I wouldn't characterize Barry as "yelling" at Iris in that scene.It reminds me of when they were arguing about Barry keeping that he was the Flash from Iris. I think that Barry is always careful with Iris, while she is allowed to be more direct with him. We'll see how it goes. I am more worried about Nora putting the blame for her actions on her strained relationship with Iris. It is her default defense. I just hope that Barry stands up for Iris and makes it clear to Nora that she is responsible for her own actions.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am going to wait to watch the episode to make a final judgement, but I wouldn't characterize Barry as "yelling" at Iris in that scene.It reminds me of when they were arguing about Barry keeping that he was the Flash from Iris. I think that Barry is always careful with Iris, while she is allowed to be more direct with him. We'll see how it goes. I am more worried about Nora putting the blame for her actions on her strained relationship with Iris. It is her default defense. I just hope that Barry stands up for Iris and makes it clear to Nora that she is responsible for her own actions.

Okay - you can wait and see - but also keep in mind that the trailer for this episode has a scene with Barry having a soft heart to heart conversation 1 on 1 with Caitlin - in the very same episode he's screaming at Iris about (and that's not a 1 on 1 convo - it happens in front of the whole team).

And yes - he is YELLING at her.  And not in private like the episode in S1.

It's actually unacceptable.  And if this is in the script when we haven't seen a single solitary Westallen scene in weeks, then that is trash too.  All of it.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Okay - you can wait and see - but also keep in mind that the trailer for this episode has a scene with Barry having a soft heart to heart conversation 1 on 1 with Caitlin - in the very same episode he's screaming at Iris about (and that's not a 1 on 1 convo - it happens in front of the whole team).

And yes - he is YELLING at her.  And not in private like the episode in S1.

It's actually unacceptable.  And if this is in the script when we haven't seen a single solitary Westallen scene in weeks, then that is trash too.  All of it.

I still don't characterize Barry as "yelling" at Iris. Also, it literally means nothing that Barry talks to Caitlin once in a blue moon. He barely notices that she exists on any given day. Whatever BTS tension, DP has absolutely no control over the script. Your beef, which I think is legitimate, is with Helbing and the writing on the show which has been abysmal this season.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I still don't characterize Barry as "yelling" at Iris. Also, it literally means nothing that Barry talks to Caitlin once in a blue moon. He barely notices that she exists on any given day. Whatever BTS tension, DP has absolutely no control over the script. Your beef, which I think is legitimate, is with Helbing and the writing on the show which has been abysmal this season.  

Oh?  It means nothing that in one scene he's yelling at his wife about his daughter, but in another he's having a soft heart to heart sans yelling about his daughter with a woman who isn't his wife or his daughter's mother?

I'm sorry but if that was my husband he'd be sleeping on the GD front porch for a week.  That's unacceptable, no matter how you cut it.  And even if it is the writing, it's still utter trash - and it's way too much of a coincidence to see that AND DP directing it too.

Come on.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, adora721 said:

Inside "Godspeed" video:

When Helbing says "we learn about Nora's relationship with Iris" that better mean we see 2049 Iris.

Glad we'll be getting some answers about Nora's actions; but as per usual, it should have come sooner in the season.

Also annoyed that this situation with Nora is going to be a Team thing and not a West-Allen family thing. Especially since they are actually framing it as Nora betraying Barry.

Barry is justifiably angry; I just wish he was also this angry when other team members betrayed everyone.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

When Helbing says "we learn about Nora's relationship with Iris" that better mean we see 2049 Iris.

Glad we'll be getting some answers about Nora's actions; but as per usual, it should have come sooner in the season.

Also annoyed that this situation with Nora is going to be a Team thing and not a West-Allen family thing. Especially since they are actually framing it as Nora betraying Barry.

Barry is justifiably angry; I just wish he was also this angry when other team members betrayed everyone.

THANK YOU.  He didn't get this angry when Caitlin worked with Savitar or when she stole part of the Sorcerer's Stone.  You know who he DID get all pissy with when he didn't tell them about seeing Savitar (when clearly he didn't know what was happening)?  Wally.

What do Wally and Nora - besides being family and speedsters - have in common as characters?

I do think Barry's anger is justified - what's NOT is this all playing out like this is a team thing, when it really is a Barry+Iris+Nora thing is infuriating.  And it's beyond maddening to have Barry yelling at Iris playing out in front of everyone.

If Joe West (who is apparently there) says NOTHING when Barry yells at his daughter - if the camera doesn't even PAN to him - then you will know that something has gone HORRIBLY wrong with this show.

The FIRST thing Joe West would do is tell Barry to take the BASE out of his voice when talking to his WIFE.

Ugh - Now I'm pissed off.  This writing - and the hypocrisy in it is almost too much to take.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, phoenics said:

but also keep in mind that the trailer for this episode has a scene with Barry having a soft heart to heart conversation 1 on 1 with Caitlin - in the very same episode he's screaming at Iris about (and that's not a 1 on 1 convo - it happens in front of the whole team).

There are a few in fandom who think the writer, Judalina Neira, has a soft spot for SB. She wrote the 3x7 "Killer Frost" episode, which include the cold kiss and some claim she retweeted some SB stuff, too. Not sure if this shows bias becaue she's also written West-Allen heavy episodes, too. Perhaps she's playing both sides.