Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, RedVitC said:

For characters leaving town, maybe Nora as well if she goes back to her own time. I'm still puzzled as to how they can wrap up her storyline this season with COIE not being until next season. Perhaps they'll have her realize she can't change it, everyone agrees and she goes back and then the final scene of the season is Barry and Iris going to check the newspaper thinking everything is ok (as much as it can be with Barry still disappearing) and then they see the headline is now 2019, dun dun dun. It wouldn't be much of a cliffhanger though, since most people are already expecting the headline to be moved.

I expect that Nora will either die or be erased from existence either in the final episode or before the Crisis next season. Whenever the time changes to 2019, Nora will be gone. It will be the unintended consequence of her machinations with Thawne.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I can't remember if it was 5x16 or 5x17. Anyway, I remember Cecile saying she was going to call a sitter for Jenna. She wasn't at home. I can't remember if Joe was in the scene or not. If he was in the scene, who was watching Jenna in the first place?

I know the writers pretty much want to pretend Jenna never happened, but that line made it come off as if they left her all alone.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

It will forever be a huge mistake saddling Joe and Cecile that kid. I will never understand how this was considered a funny story. 

Agree. I hope Nora does something that erase this kid from existence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Agree. I hope Nora does something that erase this kid from existence.

This may be the consequence that finally makes Nora stop messing with the timeline and make peace with the loss of Barry like Barry has made peace with losing his mom. Nora's need to have Barry is not more important than an innocent life.

• Useful 1

I have been keeping an eye on Sarah Carter's Instagram. She has a photo with her stunt double on the CCPD set. It will be good to see the set again. I can't remember the last time they showed it, maybe when Cecile was investigating the CCPD Cicada leak. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, SimoneS said:

I expect that Nora will either die or be erased from existence either in the final episode or before the Crisis next season. Whenever the time changes to 2019, Nora will be gone. It will be the unintended consequence of her machinations with Thawne.

I've seen this theory a lot. I could definitely see some sort of bittersweet ending along the lines of this version of her achieving her goal but being gone, but I fully expect Nora to still exist in the future albeit a different version of her played by the same actress (with possibly a twin).

And who knows, with Thawne cracking the code on how to keep your memory despite changing timelines, Nora might still remember (or was he just referring to the language he created/discovered?)

I had another thought about Sue. I hadn't considered the future! If Ralph and Sue get together, they'll probably be together in the future. So if we get more flash forwards and we actually see more about what life is like I think they could introduce her there. Maybe not even cast her yet, but have future Ralph mentioning her.

(and about erasing Jenna: that's a no for me. I'd actually love to meet Jenna in the future)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

So that theory is: Nora grows up knowing - travels back causes something bad - with that knowledge they decide not to tell her, Nora grows up not knowing, but finds out anyway from Thawne - Still travels back in time. Like the Savitar time loop?

I suppose that could be, but I think the problem with that is that even if she caused something big the first time it would probably be better to just tell her: 'listen, this and this happened and you caused this and this so don't do this.' Would Nora have listened? We don't know, but now we won't know because she never got that choice. Plus, the result ended up the same.

If it's some time loop where Iris etc know the result of Nora time traveling they would also now know that keeping the secret backfires and Iris has already indicated that she plans on being more open with Nora, so in a way they've already changed the tl unless Iris changes her  mind. 

I just hope we get more on why the chip was implanted, what their lives were like (who in team flash are they still in contact with and why and how they kept the secrets). I think it's one of those situations where you can truly feel for both sides and it would be interesting to actually see older Iris and Nora interact both before and after the secret was revealed. Now that I think of it, it would have been interesting if this episode had flash forwards and showed future Iris wondering if she should tell Nora now that she had grown up and the fallout of Nora finding out and Nora wondering whether she should tell her parents and the fallout of Barry and Iris finding out. Really exploring the reasonings and all that.

There could have already been a timeline where Iris did tell Nora, but it didn't matter because Nora thought since she knew what happened in the previous timeline, she believed that she could outmaneuver Thawne. Sound familiar?! 

I am probably overthinking this and giving the show more credit than it deserves. There will probably be no other explanation for Iris keeping Nora's secret when she was an adult than she was afraid that Nora would disappear like Barry.

Edited by SimoneS
7 hours ago, RedVitC said:

I had another thought about Sue. I hadn't considered the future! If Ralph and Sue get together, they'll probably be together in the future. So if we get more flash forwards and we actually see more about what life is like I think they could introduce her there. Maybe not even cast her yet, but have future Ralph mentioning her.

Oooo - I can get behind this!

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am probably overthinking this and giving the show more credit than it deserves. There will probably be no other explanation for Iris keeping Nora's secret when she was an adult than she was afraid that Nora would disappear like Barry.

They need to give a good reason, and I really hope they do, but Todd has made promises he can't keep before. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I think in order to really understand why Barry & Iris kept Nora's powers a secret, we will have to get the answers directly from Future Iris (& Barry). Meaning, scenes and P.O.V. of Future Iris, which I'm not sure TPTB are interested in.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

5.18 synopsis:

"Godspeed"

DANIELLE PANABAKER DIRECTS - After discovering that Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) is working with Thawne (Tom Cavanagh), Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton) disagree about how to handle their daughter in the wake of this shocking news. Team Flash isn't sure they can trust Nora, so they go through her journal to find out exactly how she came to work alongside their greatest nemesis.

Danielle Panabaker directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & Kelly Wheeler (#518). Original airdate 4/16/2019.

• Love 1

So the description tells us as much as the promo did. I hope the promo stills give more clues.

When the show comes back in April that would be a good time for them to release a trailer for the next few episodes, but I'm kind of not expecting one since the marketing has been so weird this year.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton) disagree about how to handle their daughter in the wake of this shocking news. Team Flash isn't sure they can trust Nora

This is hypocrisy at its finest. Barry doesn't have much a leg to stand on when he's working with Killer Frost, who tried to help murder Iris - you know, his wife, and the second most important person in his life.

So, Barry's point will be that he can work wih a murderer, but Nora can't?! And yes, in the eyes of the law, if you aid a crime  like KF did (HR's murder), you are just as culpable as the person who committed it. "Common law traditionally considers an accessory just as guilty as the principal(s) in a crime, and subject to the same penalties."

But, knowing how TBTB like to let Caity Frost off the hook, Nora won't bring this up or she doesn't know. And no one else on the team will bring it up either. Shameful hyprocrites!

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

Not surprising that Barry and Iris are going to disagree about Nora being held in the pipeline. The show is always going to have Iris be the more forgiving and empathetic one. After all, she was only allowed to stay angry at Barry and Joe for lying to her about him being The Flash for about one episode. I know the odds aren't good, but I hope we get a moment of them reconnecting after Nora's bullshit.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Not surprising that Barry and Iris are going to disagree about Nora being held in the pipeline. The show is always going to have Iris be the more forgiving and empathetic one. After all, she was only allowed to stay angry at Barry and Joe for lying to her about him being The Flash for about one episode. I know the odds aren't good, but I hope we get a moment of them reconnecting after Nora's bullshit.

I'll wait until the episode. From the looks of the promo, it looks like Iris doesn't agree with locking Nora up as a criminal and Barry not attempting to hear her out. I can see Iris being upset over that. 

I just have to laugh at all the fearmongering about The Flash cast, when all the real news is happening with another CW show (or shows).

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Turns out the TV Line Blind Item about an original cast member leaving was not about Carlos. Ausiello gave up an update below. In the comments people were speculating that it was either Jensen Ackles or Stephen Armell. I lean towards Ackles. 

Question: A while back you had a Blind Item about a original series regular exiting a show this season. Can we get any clues about that? Perhaps the exact network? Or have things changed about it? —Liz

Ausiello: Three months after I hit publish on that particularly Blind Item the circumstances surrounding _______’s departure changed dramatically. Basically, _________  is now leaving next season. The catch? The show’s going bye-bye with him.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Turns out the TV Line Blind Item about an original cast member leaving was not about Carlos.

That particular blind item wouldn't have been about The Flash anyway, it was about a long-running show, and Flash  had only been on for 4 seasons then.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

That particular blind item wouldn't have been about The Flash anyway, it was about a long-running show, and Flash  had only been on for 4 seasons then.

Lots of people would consider a four year old show to be long-running which is why they thought it referred to The Flash.

Those pants look like the same ones in the Instagram photo with her stunt double. I think that she is in the final episode. I thought they might kill her off in episode 21 so they could focus on Thawne in the final episode. Maybe she and Thawne are tied to each other.

I am looking forward to seeing David Singh.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Those pants look like the same ones in the Instagram photo with her stunt double. I think that she is in the final episode. I thought they might kill her off in episode 21 so they could focus on Thawne in the final episode. Maybe she and Thawne are tied to each other.

I am looking forward to seeing David Singh.

Who knows anymore? I swear when they revealed Nora was working with Thawne, it gave the impression it had nothing to do with Cicada. Now all of sudden he's connected to the cicada plot.

They don't think anything through and it shows. What does Cicada dagger have to do with Barry's disappearance? We, the audience, already knows Barry disappears in a fight with Thawne.

(edited)
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Who knows anymore? I swear when they revealed Nora was working with Thawne, it gave the impression it had nothing to do with Cicada. Now all of sudden he's connected to the cicada plot.

They don't think anything through and it shows. What does Cicada dagger have to do with Barry's disappearance? We, the audience, already knows Barry disappears in a fight with Thawne.

I think they have thought it through. It is obvious that Thawne has been lying to idiotic Nora. He has her convinced that stopping Cicada will stop Barry's disappearance, but Thawne is just trying to save himself from whatever the clock is counting down to. Maybe he doesn't have anything to do with Grace travelling back to the past, but it is suspicious that she came back with the Star Labs time sphere built for Thawne and arrived at Star Labs right after Orlin lost his powers. We just don't know how the details of Thawne's real plan as yet. It was the same in season one. We knew that Thawne was training and manipulating Barry for some reason, but it wasn't until the final episode that we learned he needed Barry to help travel back to the past. Maybe he needs Barry's help to stop Cicada and escape prison. It is too bad they waited so long to introduce adult Grace as Cicada. It is the most interesting the show has been since early in the season. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Those pants look like the same ones in the Instagram photo with her stunt double.

::facepalm:: I did see that pic, but clearly I wasn't paying attention!

• Love 1
(edited)

Doesn't really spoil anything, but I think this outfit is new. At least the shirt.

[ETA: Nevermind; not a new outfit.]

Edited by Trini
(edited)

I wonder when that spoilery clip will take place. Maybe in the beginning of the episode Barry will just decide to bring her to the future. That could play into him and Iris disagreeing on the way to handle Nora since if Barry just did that without discussing with Iris she would have a major problem with that. On the other hand it could also be a cliffhanger situation at the end of the episode. Even after reading the journal, Barry could understand , but still want her to go back to her future, but I don't know. The way she's looking around reminds me of the end of 1x15 when Barry looks around after he has time traveled.

Someone elsewhere on the web brought up another Barry and Nora parallel I’d sort of forgotten. Thawne taught Barry to timetravel in 1x23! (well he'd already timetraveled, but on purpose) In order to save his mom, Barry (and the team) worked with Thawne (who they already knew was responsible for Nora Allen's death) in return they were going to let Thawne go back to the future ( Barry gets points for changing his mind, but that was after he had already gone through with time traveling and his other (older? or was that original tl Barry?) self shook his head at him.).

I don't know why I didn't see it before since they're so obviously paralleling S1 Barry with Nora. 

Interestingly it doesn't seem like Thawne asked for anything in return this time, though I suppose that actually makes it more suspect (I think in 1x23 he genuinely just wanted to go home, but who know what he would do after he got there...). We'll probably find out more next episode about his intentions.

Actually, they were saying that Nora's reason for being there was also connected to Cicada's storyline before the season even began, maybe stopping Cicada and getting his dagger is what Thawne asked for in return, because that somehow affect him and whatever that countdown is?

It would be interesting to see an actual reverse flash origin episode. I thought it was interesting he said he used to want to be the flash. I know there was an episode in s2 where Cisco said something about that being Thawne's origin story, but I don't think so since at that point Thawne was already looking for the identity of the flash (and not as a fanboy). So before that much had already happened.

Jumping back to the whole Nora's powers being a secret,  I think it's too bad the show went this route (even though in the comics XS also didn't find out she had speed like her family till later in her life). We could have seen a different type of narrative for a speedster. Nora is the first speedster we met that didn't get her powers directly from the particle accelerator or dr. alchemy or some other event when they were already grown (not sure about Jay though), she was born with it. It would have been interesting to see a speedster who grew up with powers vs the speedsters who had to learn to deal with them as an adult. Just like there's usually a difference in learning a language when you're an adult I think it would have been interesting to see a speedster with an innate almost effortless understanding of their power because it was there in their earliest years. It would have also made sense if she wasn't affected by the dagger because of it.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
(edited)

I did see one plausible speculation about Thawne's connection to Cicada on Reddit. Maybe the reason that Thawne was captured is because Cicada attacked him and he got a shard of the dagger in his body that dampened his powers. Also, I have been wondering about that weird metal jacket that Thawne has been wearing over his prison garb. It could be a device to stop the shard from piercing his heart (think Iron Man). The clock is counting down to its failure and his death. It would explain why Thawne desperately wants Barry to stop Cicada. I would actually love if this is what is really happening, but it just feels too compelling and dramatic for this show where most motivations are trite.

Edited by SimoneS
5 hours ago, RedVitC said:

I wonder when that spoilery clip will take place. Maybe in the beginning of the episode Barry will just decide to bring her to the future. That could play into him and Iris disagreeing on the way to handle Nora since if Barry just did that without discussing with Iris she would have a major problem with that. On the other hand it could also be a cliffhanger situation at the end of the episode. Even after reading the journal, Barry could understand , but still want her to go back to her future, but I don't know. The way she's looking around reminds me of the end of 1x15 when Barry looks around after he has time traveled.

They love their cliffhangers. It will probably be at the end of the episode.

Interestingly it doesn't seem like Thawne asked for anything in return this time, though I suppose that actually makes it more suspect (I think in 1x23 he genuinely just wanted to go home, but who know what he would do after he got there...). We'll probably find out more next episode about his intentions.

Actually, they were saying that Nora's reason for being there was also connected to Cicada's storyline before the season even began, maybe stopping Cicada and getting his dagger is what Thawne asked for in return, because that somehow affect him and whatever that countdown is?

They'll reveal Thawne's plans eventually - at the last minute, going by history. Nora's connected to Cicada because of the change in history she made.

I'm not convinced that either of the Cicadas have anything directly to do with Thawne and whatever is happening in his prison cell. (Although, I do think that he has something to do with Grace getting that time sphere.) Thawne's plan has to be something that either destroys Barry, or helps him escape. But there's just not enough info yet!

It would be interesting to see an actual reverse flash origin episode.

If they make him the main villain for next season, this would be a great idea for an episode! They just need to get Matt Lestcher to come back. (it sucks that he couldn't come back for this season's RF arc.)

... Nora is the first speedster we met that didn't get her powers directly from the particle accelerator or dr. alchemy or some other event when they were already grown (not sure about Jay though), she was born with it. It would have been interesting to see a speedster who grew up with powers vs the speedsters who had to learn to deal with them as an adult. .... It would have also made sense if she wasn't affected by the dagger because of it.

If the future is changed by the end of the season (and I think it will be), we may actually get to see a Nora that grew up with her powers. With both Cicadas defeated, Barry & Iris may decide not to suppress their child(ren)'s powers.

And yes, Nora wasn't directly changed by dark matter, so it's plausible that she shouldn't be affected by Cicada and the dagger the way the show explained it. (But the show only explained it in the last episode....)

5.19 description; this is a Butler/Garza episode, so lower your expectations (or delete them if you're a Westallen fan):

THE FLASH
“Snow Pack” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

ICICLE RETURNS — When Icicle (guest star Kyle Secor) returns to enact the next phase of his devious plan, Caitlin and her mother, Dr. Carla Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), must resolve their long-combative relationship to defeat the icy monster. After Barry makes a big decision about their family without consulting her, Iris decides to take matters into her own hands.

Jeff Cassidy directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza

(#519). Original airdate 4/23/2019.

5 minutes ago, Trini said:

5.19 description; this is a Butler/Garza episode, so lower your expectations (or delete them if you're a Westallen fan):

Weatallen fans can easily have deleted this entire season.

What big decision about Nora could Barry have made? We know that she is back in the past. Maybe he told Nora that she has to stay away from them other then when they are working together? Nah, that sounds dumb. Whatever it is, I hope they don't make Iris a sop. Nora's behavior is indefensible and her judgement should not be trusted. I would want her to tell me everything that she is about to do to make sure she isn't fucking up again.

• Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Trini said:

“Snow Pack”

ICICLE RETURNS —

Uninspired title. I knew Icicle would come back at some point, but why so late in the season??

When Icicle (guest star Kyle Secor) returns to enact the next phase of his devious plan, Caitlin and her mother, Dr. Carla Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), must resolve their long-combative relationship to defeat the icy monster.

Next phase of what plan?? The guy literally spent 20 years chillin' in the arctic. I'm kinda glad they're finally going to have Dr. Tannhauser have a plot, but I'm already way past caring about Snow family drama. And again, are they really going to have Snow family drama as the A-plot  this close to the finale? Come on.

After Barry makes a big decision about their family without consulting her, Iris decides to take matters into her own hands.

Barry is the lead, Nora is the main story this season, so this should be the A-plot.

It looks like the disagreement carries on from 5.18. Barry runs Nora back to the future(?), then Iris... uses the time sphere...? To go after them?? I just don't know what Iris could do against time travel - if that is what the issue is.

I know it's going to be dumb and out of character, but I wonder what excuse they give for Barry not even speaking with Iris; because we just had a season of them learning to work together as partners, and this season as parents. ::preps for disappointment::

I'm really curious as to which supporting characters will go to which plot. I'm thinking most likely Cisco and Ralph will be with Caitlin,

Edited by Trini
(edited)

Kyle Secor is such a good actor. I can't believe that he is reduced to do guest stints on The Flash and worse yet, has to work with talentless Danielle Panabaker. I guess it is better than working part-time at Trader Joe's like Geoffrey Owens, but still... Acting is such a tough business.

21 minutes ago, Trini said:

It looks like the disagreement carries on from 5.18. Barry runs Nora back to the future(?), then Iris... uses the time sphere...? To go after them?? I just don't know what Iris could do against time travel - if that is what the issue is.

I know it's going to be dumb and out of character, but I wonder what excuse they give for Barry not even speaking with Iris; because we just had a season of them learning to work together as partners, and this season as parents. ::preps for disappointment::

Iris would need a speedster to get the time sphere to work so the only way that happens is if Wally does a surprise guest stint. Besides Barry and Nora are back in the past by the end of 5.18. From the leaked photos, it looks like Godspeed attacks Nora and Barry rescues her. No matter how angry Barry is, he isn't going to leave Nora injured and in danger in the future.  He must give Nora tough ground rules for their future relationship that upset Iris.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Iris would need a speedster to get the time sphere to work so the only way that happens is if Wally does a surprise guest stint. Besides Barry and Nora are back in the past by the end of 5.18. From the leaked photos, it looks like Godspeed attacks Nora and Barry rescues her. No matter how angry Barry is, he isn't going to leave Nora injured and in danger in the future.  He must give Nora tough ground rules for their future relationship that upset Iris.

I was throwing out an idea with the time sphere. Maybe Iris wants Nora go back to the future and Barry keeps her here? ?? What kind of danger would require Nora to stay in the past, though? I realize it's just for plot purposes, but there really is no good reason for her to stay in the past. The best reason would be to prevent her from meeting with Thawne again, but even then, she has to go back to her time sometime.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Iris decides to take matters into her own hands.

Anyway, this is the one part that sounds kinda interesting. What is she taking charge of? Also the A and B plots will probably be completely separate, so it will be really easy to skip all the Icicle stuff.

(edited)

Interesting. From this I'm thinking:

-The leaked scene we saw of Barry and Nora in the future and Barry then leaving and Nora looking around her in panic might very well be the cliffhanger of 5x18. Maybe it's just me but I went back and reread some of the filming reports and the scenes with godspeed  seem to be with long haired Nora aka flash forward - flashback Nora. As far as I can tell the only scene we know for sure Grant filmed in the future scenes is the one of Barry talking to Nora and then leaving.

-Based on that I'm going to guess the big decision Barry makes is bringing Nora back to the future. He looks to be in the same clothes as episode 18 (to be fair he only has like 2 shirts) so maybe after the team is done with reading the diary, even though he's calmer he feels she should go back home and immediately enacts his plan. If he does that without consulting Iris (and not even giving her the chance to say goodbye).... I could totally understand her being upset. 

-As for what taking matters into her own hands would mean in this scenario, I'm not sure. I've always wanted Iris to make a trip to the future, but I'm not sure I'd like it if this was the reason and if she'd take it upon herself (if that were even possible). Since from the description it seems like the B plot I think travel to the future would probably take too much time (however descriptions have been spectacularly wrong before, but since the title is Snow Pack it's probably right about A and B plot at least. On the other hand, there are probably scenes in the future anyway since Nora is there). Maybe Iris could leave a message for Nora to find in the future or something like that asking her to come back? Or leave some instructions for her older self to find or something? 

Edited by RedVitC
clarification
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Trini said:

Maybe Iris wants Nora go back to the future and Barry keeps her here? ?? What kind of danger would require Nora to stay in the past, though? I realize it's just for plot purposes, but there really is no good reason for her to stay in the past. The best reason would be to prevent her from meeting with Thawne again, but even then, she has to go back to her time sometime.

There are photos that show Nora slightly bent over and Barry holding her arm. She is wearing the same clothes from their confrontation scene about Thawne scene in the future. The photos of Nora appearing injured along with Godspeed falling off the building makes me think that he attacks Nora and Barry comes back and rescues her. No matter how angry Barry is, he isn't going to leave Nora injured and in danger in the future. He probably takes her back to the past by the end of episode 18 and the next episode lays down the conditions for her staying there until he can deal with both Cicada and Godspeed; stay away from Thawne and stay in the pipeline when they aren't trying to stop Cicada. I can see why Iris would be unhappy with this and decides to try to mend fences between father and daughter. 

Edited by SimoneS

Ah I think I know the pictures you're talking about, but I think that's just how it looks when they travel out of the speed force. I don't think he's holding her because she's injured but because that's how they traveled in the speed force and she's kind of hunched over like that for the starting position of how they come out of the speed force for the scene. In one of the videos someone made you can see him holding her like in the picture and then them sort of jumping forward like they're coming out of the speed force when someone says action and then immediately stepping apart for the conversation (not the video posted here in the thread but it is by the same person x)

10 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Ah I think I know the pictures you're talking about, but I think that's just how it looks when they travel out of the speed force. I don't think he's holding her because she's injured but because that's how they traveled in the speed force and she's kind of hunched over like that for the starting position of how they come out of the speed force for the scene. In one of the videos someone made you can see him holding her like in the picture and then them sort of jumping forward like they're coming out of the speed force when someone says action and then immediately stepping apart for the conversation (not the video posted here in the thread but it is by the same person x)

Looking at the video, I think that you are right. The photos that I saw were stills of that video. In the video where he runs off and leaves her, I am sure that Barry says something to the effect that he doesn't trust her and insists that she stay in the future . I still think that Godspeed attacks Nora in the episode and that she ends back to the past to hide. I don't think the show invested in that costume for that one flashback scene of Godspeed chasing and killing Lia. We will likely get a sneak peak after next week's rerun so we should know more.

• Love 1

Ugh -- the more I think about "without consulting Iris" decision, the more I hate it because it going to be nonsensical (according to what they've shown *this very season*) and out of character for Barry.

I would love for the Iris plot to make up for it (if that's at all possible), but I'm not counting on it.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:40 AM, RedVitC said:

-As for what taking matters into her own hands would mean in this scenario, I'm not sure. I've always wanted Iris to make a trip to the future, but I'm not sure I'd like it if this was the reason and if she'd take it upon herself (if that were even possible). Since from the description it seems like the B plot I think travel to the future would probably take too much time (however descriptions have been spectacularly wrong before, but since the title is Snow Pack it's probably right about A and B plot at least. On the other hand, there are probably scenes in the future anyway since Nora is there). Maybe Iris could leave a message for Nora to find in the future or something like that asking her to come back? Or leave some instructions for her older self to find or something? 

Yeah, it's probably not time travel. It'd be cool if we saw more of Future Iris though. I like your message idea, but I feel whatever she does will have to be something that has an impact in the present. It's just hard to guess since we don't really know what Barry's action is yet.

• Love 1

Hard to know what to make of those costumes. Tom is the second photo. I did see that one of the writers has been hyping the season finale being great, blah, blah, on Twitter, but that means nothing to me. I do think that something major will happen to set up next year's crisis with Thawne.

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Hard to know what to make of those costumes. Tom is the second photo. I did see that one of the writers has been hyping the season finale being great, blah, blah, on Twitter, but that means nothing to me. I do think that something major will happen to set up next year's crisis with Thawne.

If you're referring to David Ataraxia, he's a crew member. I thought he was a writer at first based on his tweets.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Trini said:

Ugh -- the more I think about "without consulting Iris" decision, the more I hate it because it going to be nonsensical (according to what they've shown *this very season*) and out of character for Barry.

I would love for the Iris plot to make up for it (if that's at all possible), but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, it's probably not time travel. It'd be cool if we saw more of Future Iris though. I like your message idea, but I feel whatever she does will have to be something that has an impact in the present. It's just hard to guess since we don't really know what Barry's action is yet.

You know this reminds of the crossover from season 3 and this season. Both of them had Barry willingly going to sacrifice himself. That's fine and Iris would understand as he's saving the world. However, Barry doesn't even think about how this would affect Iris. He just makes the decision. He doesn't even try to go and say goodbye. This irritates me when they write this for Barry. It's a flaw, yes. However, it's an annoying flaw.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

You know this reminds of the crossover from season 3 and this season. Both of them had Barry willingly going to sacrifice himself. That's fine and Iris would understand as he's saving the world. However, Barry doesn't even think about how this would affect Iris. He just makes the decision. He doesn't even try to go and say goodbye. This irritates me when they write this for Barry. It's a flaw, yes. However, it's an annoying flaw.

For the Season 3 (Invasion!) crossover, one of the writer/producers tweeted out some dialog that had been cut, where Barry told Oliver(?? I'm not sure) to 'tell Iris I love her'. So he did think of her, but it didn't make the final edit.

[It might take me a little bit to track down the source, but that the gist.]
[ETA: It was Marc Guggenheim who tweeted a script page; said the line was cut for time.]

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Trini said:

[ETA: It was Marc Guggenheim who tweeted a script page; said the line was cut for time.]

Yes, I recall this. Cut for time, but he made time to show Felicity vomit twice, cause that was important. Hmm...

• Love 1

Maybe he was there for yesterday's wrap party? (I'm not sure how that all works, is that a thing the writers go to?). But it is definitely a big possibility that he (co)wrote the episode. The  ep's often write the first and last episodes and since he is already co-ep this season it's possible. Last season I think he co-wrote the first episode. It could also give him the opportunity to talk to the cast about next season