Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

6.03 description again:

Knowing that Crisis is only weeks away, Barry prepares a member of Team Flash for life without him while hunting a terrifying meta-human with an unquenchable thirst. Meanwhile, Ralph uncovers a family secret.

I'm guessing the meta with "unquenchable thirst" is Rosso. And the "family secret" might be Sue Dearbon related.

And the 6.04 synopsis is out:

"There Will Be Blood" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

HALLOWEEN EPISODE - Barry's (Grant Gustin) efforts to prepare Cisco (Carlos Valdes) for Crisis are derailed when Cisco schemes to save Barry's life instead. Meanwhile, Ramsey Rosso (guest star Sendhil Ramamurthy) uses his deadly new abilities to save his own life, while sacrificing his humanity in the process.

Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Lauren Certo & Sterling Gates (#604). Original airdate 10/29/2019.

-----

This is where Rosso decides to go all in on villainy?

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Trini said:

And the 6.04 synopsis is out:

-----

This is where Rosso decides to go all in on villainy?

Wallace surprise me here, because I expected Barry would be training KF and Ralph, not Cisco. I am happy to be proven wrong. 

• Love 2

I wonder why Cecile would want to change her job? Maybe it has something to do with her plot in episode 2. I need to back and read it, but I think it was something with a dangerous meta

Sounds like Barry is going to try to prepare/train different team members over the course of 6a. Frost in episode 3 and Cisco in episode 4.

So, Ramsey is going to recognize that KF is Cait, right? It's not like they look that different and she doesn't wear a mask.

Here's a great question asked of the Ladies with Gumption:

"Do you think the current set-up with Caitlin/Killer Frost is unsustainable? I've always found her story inconsistent, but at this point, I also think they have to address the elephant in the room. They are now officially two completely autonomous beings in one body, each of whom would like to live their life. But how is that sustainable? How can they both live full lives while they exist in one body? At some point they have to be spliced into two different bodies, if they keep both, I feel like."

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, adora721 said:

So, Ramsey is going to recognize that KF is Cait, right? It's not like they look that different and she doesn't wear a mask.

Here's a great question asked of the Ladies with Gumption:

"Do you think the current set-up with Caitlin/Killer Frost is unsustainable? I've always found her story inconsistent, but at this point, I also think they have to address the elephant in the room. They are now officially two completely autonomous beings in one body, each of whom would like to live their life. But how is that sustainable? How can they both live full lives while they exist in one body? At some point they have to be spliced into two different bodies, if they keep both, I feel like."

Kara wears glasses and is fully disguised....so....lol

Having Forst be completely different personality from Caitlin has been such the wrong way to go, the two should've become one after last season. Are they going to have two seperate love lifes? Get married to two different people? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, rogvortex58 said:

Well, ya know what they say. Party like the world’s going to end.

Seriously, this photo cracks me up: Crisis PAR-TAY!!

FLA603b_0059b_595.jpg

But seriously, I think it's a 'birthday' party for Frost (by Frost?); but who are all these people??

• LOL 1

I actually wonder how autonomous Cait actually is in this current setup. In S5, KF mangled Cait's equations for creating the meta-human cure and Cait couldn't stop her.  KF also refused to show up after daddy died in S5 for a little while. In this episode, Cait was about to die and KF refused to save her, which was an idiotic and selfish move.

It seems like KF has more power to exert herself over Cait's will than vice versa. Sure, Cait had to allow KF to take control, but we also saw Cait have frost outs on the computer and at the funeral, so I'm not sure that Cait could really stop KF if KF realy wanted to exert herself.

4 minutes ago, Trini said:

Seriously, this photo cracks me up: Crisis PAR-TAY!!

FLA603b_0059b_595.jpg

But seriously, I think it's a 'birthday' party for Frost (by Frost?); but who are all these people??

Perhaps KF has "friends in low places."

Edited by adora721
On 10/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, SevenStars said:

Wallace surprise me here, because I expected Barry would be training KF and Ralph, not Cisco. I am happy to be proven wrong. 

I don't think that he's training him; more like preparing him to take over, as leader, most likely.

27 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't think that he's training him; more like preparing him to take over, as leader, most likely.

Technically, Cait has seniority over Cisco at STAR Labs, but since she's of two minds, literally, I can totally understand why Cisco would be Barry's choice as leader.

45 minutes ago, adora721 said:

I actually wonder how autonomous Cait actually is in this current setup. In S5, KF mangled Cait's equations for creating the meta-human cure and Cait couldn't stop her.  KF also refused to show up after daddy died in S5 for a little while. In this episode, Cait was about to die and KF refused to save her, which was an idiotic and selfish move.

It seems like KF has more power to exert herself over Cait's will than vice versa. Sure, Cait had to allow KF to take control, but we also saw Cait have frost outs on the computer and at the funeral, so I'm not sure that Cait could really stop KF if KF realy wanted to exert herself.

Perhaps KF has "friends in low places."

I think it's easier for Frost to take control when she really wants to because she is the more aggressive personality. She doesnt ask, she just does. 

This would've been the perfect time to bring back Wally since he should be Barrys predecessor, even having him step up for an episode or to if Barry is "missing" would be good. 

• Love 4

Speaking of Killer Frost and Caitlin, I want them to merge after Crisis. I'm tired of this stupid split personality thing. I hope Eric uses Crisis to change things up in that department.

Also, does anyone else feel like the writers be forgetting that these two can talk to each other and hear the other? Because some of the writing reflects this. A recent example is in 6x01. In the scene with Ralph, Killer Frost asks what is she suppose to say to Caitlin or how to tell her she wants to live a life. I thought and was expecting Caitlin to jump in the conversation. However, they wrote it as Caitlin didn't hear that convo.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Also, does anyone else feel like the writers be forgetting that these two can talk to each other and hear the other?

Just like when Cait told KF to duck when a projectile was headed her way, from behind KF,  in one episode. However, in a later episode, Cait was mute when Cicada's dagger stabbed her, also from behind. Continuity sucks sometimes.

I'm glad that Barry & Iris will have some happy moments; I was afraid it'd be all depression until post-Crisis. Now I hope that they have some by themselves, and not with the whole team.

Well, I can see why Rosso would think he could "cure" death; he just made a zombie!

6.02, "Dead Man Running" promo:

We're going to meet the new Wells - *sigh* - and it looks like the the monster Rosso created is in STAR Labs. But yay! a Iris/Cisco subplot.

Found the following in a Tumblr ask: 

"The secret organisation on the flash is "black hole" i think? looked like their symbol on the b&w pic on the man's suit that was in the file. the leader is a speedster named raijin (god of lightning in japanese). maybe... part b's endgame villain?"

Anyone know about this Rajin speedster?

Found some info.  on Black Hole:

"Black Hole also known as The Black Hole is an extremely dangerous Central City Criminal Organization who are comprised of Rogue Scientist who have studied The Speed Force trying to harness the power of The Speed Force. They have made advance tech mainly weapons that have been used against Speedsters but also used by normal criminals to use for crimes in Central City."

Edited by adora721
  • Useful 3

6x05 Synopsis

I think they made it obvious whom the death is. I can't wait for Cisco's centric episode. How long since he had the A plot?

This is the episode with Candice curls. I wonder what Barry and Iris are doing. Some people are theorizing they are at the beach spending time together. Eric did say in the interview that they would want to spend every moment together. Another theory is Iris is having a girls night out.

I'm not here for killer Frost plot. It's sound typical. She'll get defeated and need to be rescued. Then, she'll learn a lesson to not try to take people down by herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I think they made it obvious whom the death is. I can't wait for Cisco's centric episode. How long since he had the A plot?

Who do you think it is?

I was assuming Breacher came here because his Earth (and Cynthia 😞) just got destroyed by antimatter, but is the murder connected to him?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Who do you think it is?

I was assuming Breacher came here because his Earth (and Cynthia 😞) just got destroyed by antimatter, but is the murder connected to him?

Earth 19 is still intact; only Earth 2 is gone so far.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, SevenStars said:

Looks like a white walker from Game of Throne.

Perhaps he and Killer Frost will take a liking to each other since Cisco called her a White Walker🤣 

"Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"

DANNY TREJO GUEST STARS - Cisco's (Carlos Valdes) faith in his ability to fill Barry's (Grant Gustin) shoes as Team Leader is upended when he learns of a shocking murder. Meanwhile, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) trusts no one except herself to hunt down the dangerous Ramsey Rosso (guest star Sendhil Ramamurthy).

Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Joshua V. Gilbert (#605). Original airdate 11/5/2019.

Wheeler is probably doing the A-plot since she's the more senior writer; but she doesn't have much experience writing Cisco, and this episode is supposed to be centered on him.

There are actually several movies with the title "Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"; but they are probably referring to the 2005 one, which is a mystery/action-comedy.

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I hate the idea of Cynthia being killed, but I can't think of any other reason for Breacher's visit.

He could have just escaped from his Earth being destroyed. And the last time Breacher came it was because he was losing his powers - and there was no indication of that in his previous visit, so they can always made up a reason not related to Cynthia.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I think they like Cynthia, so I don't think they would specifically murder her offscreen. If anything, maybe Breacher thinks she's dead, but maybe something else happened to her. Plus, that's something that you do for Manpain™, but Kamilla's right there; so I don't see the point of doing that for Cisco, in particular.

I think this plot is here so that Cisco questions whether he should have removed his powers, and his ability to be a leader.  <-- Although I hope the conclusion is that he is great at being a leader, since other versions of Cisco have always been Bosses.

----

So Barry and Iris won't be in this one much; and they mentioned KF and Rosso; so I wonder how much Ralph and Wells #6593 will be in this? They don't always put all the subplots in the synopses. Ralph could possibly be absent, but I think they have to have the new Wells advancing his own storyline.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, adora721 said:

Found the following in a Tumblr ask: 

"The secret organisation on the flash is "black hole" i think? looked like their symbol on the b&w pic on the man's suit that was in the file. the leader is a speedster named raijin (god of lightning in japanese). maybe... part b's endgame villain?"

Anyone know about this Rajin speedster?

Found some info.  on Black Hole:

"Black Hole also known as The Black Hole is an extremely dangerous Central City Criminal Organization who are comprised of Rogue Scientist who have studied The Speed Force trying to harness the power of The Speed Force. They have made advance tech mainly weapons that have been used against Speedsters but also used by normal criminals to use for crimes in Central City."

Yeah, this sounds like something Wallace is setting up for the post-Crisis season. It's probably won't be exactly like the comic story, since he seems to be tying it to metahuman agents/soldiers. Maybe this will connect back to Godspeed?

• Love 2

https://tvline.com/2019/10/18/prodigal-son-spoilers-season-1-bright-dani-jessica/

On The Flash, who is being cast as Sue Dearborn? –Aleana

There is no casting to report just yet, seeing as the introduction of Ralph’s comic-book love interest was just being broken when we saw showrunner Eric Wallace earlier this month. As for when she shows up, that “is a huge spoiler,” Wallace said, before adding: “There’s two answers to that : Sue Dearborn will appear in the back half [but] I would read into that when I say there are two answers to that question. Sometimes what you see isn’t what you see. “

Maybe when we first see her, she's in disguise?

And I don't believe that they haven't already casted someone for Sue. They've been very secretive about casting this year.

If Iris is wearing a costume in the Halloween episode (6.04), I don't think DC would pass up this opportunity to reference another comic character. Candice has mentioned wanting to dress up as Starfire, but that is probably out, since there's a live-action Starfire now. I'm guessing it could be a character that isn't currently in any DC show or movie, that also is one that they know would never actually show up on The Flash.

Wonder Woman? Catwoman? Mera? Zatanna? (Riverdale is already doing

Spoiler

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

for their Halloween episode.) Or maybe Wallace has ideas about less famous characters.

Edited by Trini
11 hours ago, Trini said:

If Iris is wearing a costume in the Halloween episode (6.04), I don't think DC would pass up this opportunity to reference another comic character. Candice has mentioned wanting to dress up as Starfire, but that is probably out, since there's a live-action Starfire now. I'm guessing it could be a character that isn't currently in any DC show or movie, that also is one that they know would never actually show up on The Flash.

Wonder Woman? Catwoman? Mera? Zatanna? (Riverdale is already doing

Hide contents

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

for their Halloween episode.) Or maybe Wallace has ideas about less famous characters.

I think someone asked Candice a while back. She said Iris does wear a costume and its Disney horror themed.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I think someone asked Candice a while back. She said Iris does wear a costume and its Disney horror themed.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right... I don't know if they'd want to reference Disney on the show - not just a line, but an entire costume too? We'll see.

Wells finding eternium particles on Iris might indicate that Wallace is doing the Iris is from the 30th century story from the comics. Eternium is related to Shazam, not exactly sure how. However, it hints that Iris might be part of the multiverse and from the 30th century.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Wells finding eternium particles on Iris might indicate that Wallace is doing the Iris is from the 30th century story from the comics. Eternium is related to Shazam, not exactly sure how. However, it hints that Iris might be part of the multiverse and from the 30th century.

Someone speculated a while back (maybe it was you) that maybe Iris' mom wasn't on drugs and her absence was more about something else entirely - being from the future.

I really hope that's the case - I always HATED that they made Iris' mom a drug addict.  It was such a stereotypical storyline.  Eric could clean that entire storyline up and give Iris an amazing storyline to boot.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Someone speculated a while back (maybe it was you) that maybe Iris' mom wasn't on drugs and her absence was more about something else entirely - being from the future.

I really hope that's the case - I always HATED that they made Iris' mom a drug addict.  It was such a stereotypical storyline.  Eric could clean that entire storyline up and give Iris an amazing storyline to boot.

Francine being from the future could be an interesting storyline, for sure. Totally agree that the whole drug addict who abandons her family backstory was messy at best. 

Don’t know how I feel about Iris being from the 30th century though. How would that work with Joe being her father? Because as much I love a good preaching about how family isn’t just blood (no sarcasm, it’s legit the main reason I watched The O.C.), I’m definitely not crazy about a retcon of our Iris not being Joe’s kid. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Brinny said:

Francine being from the future could be an interesting storyline, for sure. Totally agree that the whole drug addict who abandons her family backstory was messy at best. 

Don’t know how I feel about Iris being from the 30th century though. How would that work with Joe being her father? Because as much I love a good preaching about how family isn’t just blood (no sarcasm, it’s legit the main reason I watched The O.C.), I’m definitely not crazy about a retcon of our Iris not being Joe’s kid. 

That's why I hope it's Francine who is from there - not Iris.  Otherwise I don't know how that would work, really.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, phoenics said:

If this story really is adapted the comic story that Iris is from the 30th century, I think that it would be difficult to clean up the Francine is a drug addict story. In the comic, Iris is sent to the past as an infant to protect her. She either was knowingly adopted by the Joe and Francine or they don't know that she was adopted.

The eternium would have gotten on Iris when she was in the 30th century and travelled to the past as an infant. Wallace could use this to give her ability to help with the crisis somehow.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If this story really is adapted the comic story that Iris is from the 30th century, I think that it would be difficult to clean up the Francine is a drug addict story. In the comic, Iris is sent to the past as an infant to protect her. She either was knowingly adopted by the Joe and Francine or they don't know that she was adopted.

The eternium would have gotten on Iris when she was the 30th century and travelled to the past as an infant. Wallace could use this to give her ability to help with the crisis somehow.

That would be awesome.  It could happen another way too though... what if Iris was switched at birth?  Francine and Joe could've had a baby the regular way?

But having Iris be adopted with Joe knowing she was from the future would also be interesting - with Francine turning to drugs because she was struggling with the secret?  And Joe being over protective of Iris could be somewhat cleaned up because he was trying to protect her from 30th century threats?

8 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I think that was Candice talking about her real life costume plans 

The eternium is very interesting. They specifically had Wells mention it's a multiversal element. With crisis coming up and the multiverse being a big thing with that, I wonder if Iris having this element will come into play there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Has Barry ever been to the 30th century? It is possible that the eternium got on Iris from Barry time travelling in general. There was also eternium in the alley so it could have gotten on Iris that way although it should have gotten on Cisco also. Regardless of how it got on Iris, I think it must mean something for the upcoming crisis involving the multiverse since the show made a point of Wells finding it on her.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1