Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Interesting interview.

I don't think the audience would react well if Joe was revealed to be Iris' adoptive father. I am curious to see how they are going to adapt that particular storyline.

Wallace also says that Sue Dearbon isn't coming until the second half. That must be the reason why we haven't heard anything about the casting.

I am not sure Killer Frost needs to lose the "killer". She hasn't killed anyone since Black Flash. I think Barry's body count might be higher than hers.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Hypable has put up their preview of the premiere

https://www.hypable.com/the-flash-season-6-premiere-secrets/

The premiere is basically Iris/Caitlin centric.

Thanks for this because it dropped my expectations and excitement way down.  The premiere episode should have been focus on Barry or Barry /Iris,  after the way the seaon ended. 

Base on the interviews, I have been getting the feeling Wallace was going to try to bring KF more into the fold of TF, make her more of a member than a stunt character. But this isn't the way to do it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SevenStars said:

Thanks for this because it dropped my expectations and excitement way down.  The premiere episode should have been focus on Barry or Barry /Iris,  after the way the seaon ended. 

Base on the interviews, I have been getting the feeling Wallace was going to try to bring KF more into the fold of TF, make her more of a member than a stunt character. But this isn't the way to do it. 

I think it probably is. Based on what they wrote, I think this person thought we would see Barry's grief more than Iris. Either way, I'm waiting to judge.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

That was such a refreshing interview and made me really look forward to S6. He has so much passion for every character, goes so in-depth about them, and isnt trying to hide every little storyline (like Arrow has in the past). I think this could very well be one of the shows best. 

I feel like he's not a liar like Helbing. But we'll have to see if what he says matches up with what we get onscreen, and how. At least he mentioned that there are intentional misdirects; so that's something to consider in his storytelling.

16 hours ago, Starry said:

Wallace also says that Sue Dearbon isn't coming until the second half. That must be the reason why we haven't heard anything about the casting.

It makes sense that he'd put that off with all the Crisis set-up, etc., but I still think it's a kinda late to introduce her, this storyline has been delayed so long already. But then again, his storyline is a lower priority for me, so I'm not crying about it.

Edited by Trini
ugh -- dropped 'not'
16 hours ago, Starry said:

I am not sure Killer Frost needs to lose the "killer". She hasn't killed anyone since Black Flash. I think Barry's body count might be higher than hers.

Barry has shown remorse and has been tortured by what he's done to hurt other people and almost none of it was done with malice.  KF has gleefully participated in 2 murders - Black Flash (directly) and HR Wells (took him to be murdered by Savitar) - on purpose. She has also participated in human trafficking and torture, plus other felonies along with Cait. Having her justifiably kill Nazis doesn't make up for the innocent people she murdered, attempted to murder, kidnapped, and torturted since she has shown zero remorse for doing so.  And yes, Black Flash was innocent and working as an good agent of the Speedforce when KF murdered him. I hope EW can rehap both KF and Cait, starting with some remorse. Until then, she can keep the "Killer"; she's earned it.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 3

Until they stop showing Killer Frost trying to STAB people in fights, I'll continue to call her "Killer Frost."

She almost stabbed Amunet in 4x05. She was actually planning to straight up murder her. Iris stopped her.

In 4x18, Killer Frost walked up and was planning to stab Devoe.

In 5x11, she made daggers and told Cicada she was going to show him why she is called "Killer Frost." Do I need to say more?

Now in the trailer we her training/ practicing stabbing people. So yeah, I'm not dropping the Killer part. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, SevenStars said:

The KF hasn't come out since 2 -episode dad died plot sounds like EW stole it from "Avengers: Infinity War" with Hulk refusing to show himself after losing to Thanos. That's not a good beginning...

• Love 1
14 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Hypable has put up their preview of the premiere

https://www.hypable.com/the-flash-season-6-premiere-secrets/

The premiere is basically Iris/Caitlin centric.

I'm not worried by this preview/review. We know the next episode is Barry-centric. The season 4 premiere had little Barry also. Also Wallace knows he's got to make up for seasons of Iris being sidelined/shortchanged.

And this is the fourth try at making KF interesting, so they've got to set that up... whatever.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, adora721 said:

Until then, she can keep the "Killer"; she's earned it.

She hasn't. In order for the "killer" part to make sense she has to actually kill people, not just be violent in the general sense or assist others while they do the killing. I never claimed that Frost is a better person than Barry or that she's a good person in general. That wasn't what I was arguing.

I am personally not interested in a story where a character who hasn't killed anyone in two years loses the "killer" part of her name. This woman should have never been called Killer Frost in the first place. I think she's a lost cause no matter who's writing for her but hopefully you'll be satisfied with her storyline.

6 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Now in the trailer we her training/ practicing stabbing people. So yeah, I'm not dropping the Killer part. 

How is Frost stabbing people any different than Barry throwing lightning at people or Joe shooting them?

9 hours ago, Trini said:

It makes sense that he'd put that off with all the Crisis set-up, etc., but I still think it's a kinda late to introduce her, this storyline has been delayed so long already. But then again, his storyline is a lower priority for me, so I'm not crying about it.

Is it really that long? Ralph became a regular last season and was a recurring asshole mess the previous season IMO. Getting his end game/comic book LI this season sounds reasonable to me and keeping her for after COIE craziness makes sense. 

An Iris/Caitlin/KF storyline? I'm interested to see what they do with it at least. There aren't a lot of female/female plots on this show and anything's got be better than Girls Night Out. Right?

13 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Is it really that long? Ralph became a regular last season and was a recurring asshole mess the previous season IMO. Getting his end game/comic book LI this season sounds reasonable to me and keeping her for after COIE craziness makes sense. 

An Iris/Caitlin/KF storyline? I'm interested to see what they do with it at least. There aren't a lot of female/female plots on this show and anything's got be better than Girls Night Out. Right?

I agree about Ralph.

Base on the review, I think Caitlin/Iris share the episodes, but are not part of each others stories . Which I'm happy about because Iris is never written with a real pov in those situations. 

• Love 2
On 10/4/2019 at 8:02 PM, rogvortex58 said:

Francine is more likely.

I agree. I've been hoping that Francine was a Time Bureau agent from the future ("Legends of Tomorrow") who fell in love with Joe West while tracking a time fugitive. However, instead of leaving once she caught the fugitive,  she stayed to marry Joe and have Iris.  At some point, either the Time Bureau wanted her back or an escapee she'd arrested found her; so, she made the choice to leave Iris and Joe to protect them. Before leaving, Francine used furture technology she'd kept to plant a false memory in Joe's mind about endangering Iris and being a drug addict to motivate Joe to hate her and not follow. Of course, Francine didn't realize she was pregnant with Wally until after she left, and she chose to stay on the move while raising Wally, but then she got seriously ill.

I'm sure Eric W. can come up with a better plot than this, but that's one way to sorta make Iris from the future or at least Francine. I always hated the drug addict plot for Francine.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Starry said:

She hasn't. In order for the "killer" part to make sense she has to actually kill people, not just be violent in the general sense or assist others while they do the killing. I never claimed that Frost is a better person than Barry or that she's a good person in general. That wasn't what I was arguing.

I didn't think you were saying that KF is better than Barry or a good person.

I am saying that it only takes one unjustified kill to make you a murderer or a killer. You don't need to have more than one. And Killer Frost has participated in two unjustified kills - Black Flash and HR Wells. Additionally, there's no slate wipe if you haven't murdered anyone in two years. Real life murderers don't stop being considered killers just because they took time off from killing for a few years. Additionally, KF has shown no remorse for either murder; and she hasn't stopped using lethal force.

Barry and Joe are deputized officers of the law, which allows them to legally use lethal force to stop criminals when warranted. No one else on the team can claim that. Therefore, no one else on the team can legally use lethal force to subdue a criminal.

ETA: Consider that Iris killed Savitar in the finale of season 3. Iris isn't a killer/murderer in the eyes of the law because she was justified in using lethal force to save Barry and the team from being murdered by Savitar (despite not being a law enforcement officer). This is one exception for the use of lethal force by a civilian, but there aren't many.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, adora721 said:

I am saying that it only takes one unjustified kill to make you a murderer or a killer.

It does. It doesn't mean you've earned the right to name yourself Killer Something. If I hear of a meta named Killer Frost I expect said meta to be lethal, menacing and kill on a regular basis. All Frost has done is kill someone who was already dead. Black Flash was a freaking zombie. Metas on these shows are more likely to use lethal force than not but the only one who pompously names herself Killer Something is the one who only managed to kill one meta. Monikers have to make sense.

4 hours ago, adora721 said:

Barry and Joe are deputized officers of the law, which allows them to legally use lethal force to stop criminals when warranted. No one else on the team can claim that. Therefore, no one else on the team can legally use lethal force to subdue a criminal.

Barry is a CSI. Flash is not an officer of the law and has killed more than one person in season 2. Everyone on the team, Caitlin, Iris, any version of Wells, literally everyone shows up to fights with some sort of weapon. They can fire their weapons at their opponents but Frost can't stab them? I'd get this argument if she were stabbing innocent people but since she's been a part of the team she's only been violent during Team Flash fights. She shouldn't have been so easily accepted as a part of Team Flash but that's a different argument.

21 hours ago, Starry said:

Barry is a CSI. Flash is not an officer of the law and has killed more than one person in season 2. Everyone on the team, Caitlin, Iris, any version of Wells, literally everyone shows up to fights with some sort of weapon. They can fire their weapons at their opponents but Frost can't stab them? I'd get this argument if she were stabbing innocent people but since she's been a part of the team she's only been violent during Team Flash fights. She shouldn't have been so easily accepted as a part of Team Flash but that's a different argument.

A  "Crime scene investigators are required to carry guns which they may have to use in a law enforcement situation." Barry is an officer of the law even when he's the Flash. Joe is an officer of the law even when working with STAR Labs. 

Again, the idea isn't about whether you can carry or use a weapon to defend yourself; plenty of Amercans carry guns, but don't intend to commit murder with them. The idea is whether you can use lethal force, as in to kill someone, without justification in the eyes of the law without being considered a murderer. Are they all using their powers or weapons with malicious and unjustified intent to kill, which is murder? Answer is no. But Killer Frost has used her powers to maliciously and unjustifiably aid the murder of HR Wells and murdered Black Flash. And shows no sign of remore for committing those murders, which is a key difference in how Barry behaved when he was responsible for someone's death.

In addition to the two murders she took part in, KF threatened to murder Cecile, attempted to murder Barry Allen, attempted to murder Cisco Ramon, and she attempted to murder Tracy Brand. She threatened Joe with bodily harm and threw ice daggers at Cynthia. 

How many felonies does it take to make someone a felon? Only one, but KF has multiple attempted murder felonies. It looks bad that someone like her is on a team of heroes and she hasn't earned redemption. This is the one thing "Arrow" did better than "The Flash": It redeemed Black Siren well.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

As I recall, Black Siren committed her fair share of murders while working for Cayden James and Diaz. But she also had the real Laurel Lance’s identity to hide behind. Which she did while acting as a double agent.

Who knows where she’d be now if not for her detente with Team Arrow. I guess after she got Oliver out of prison they decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

ETA

well, this is a relief.

If You Were Hoping for a Snow/Rosso Romance in The Flash Season 6, Sorry to Disappoint

no romance for Caitlin and Rosso. They have more of a brother-sister relationship. Apparently his mother just died, and Caitlin comes to see him at the funeral.

I guess she would have a blind spot for someone like that, and not suspect he was up to anything

Edited by rogvortex58
On 10/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, adora721 said:

I agree. I've been hoping that Francine was a Time Bureau agent from the future ("Legends of Tomorrow") who fell in love with Joe West while tracking a time fugitive. However, instead of leaving once she caught the fugitive,  she stayed to marry Joe and have Iris.  At some point, either the Time Bureau wanted her back or an escapee she'd arrested found her; so, she made the choice to leave Iris and Joe to protect them. Before leaving, Francine used furture technology she'd kept to plant a false memory in Joe's mind about endangering Iris and being a drug addict to motivate Joe to hate her and not follow. Of course, Francine didn't realize she was pregnant with Wally until after she left, and she chose to stay on the move while raising Wally, but then she got seriously ill.

I'm sure Eric W. can come up with a better plot than this, but that's one way to sorta make Iris from the future or at least Francine. I always hated the drug addict plot for Francine.

Excellent. 

On 10/7/2019 at 7:02 AM, rogvortex58 said:

well, this is a relief.

If You Were Hoping for a Snow/Rosso Romance in The Flash Season 6, Sorry to Disappoint

no romance for Caitlin and Rosso. They have more of a brother-sister relationship. Apparently his mother just died, and Caitlin comes to see him at the funeral.

I guess she would have a blind spot for someone like that, and not suspect he was up to anything

In what world was anyone shipping Caitlin Snow with a brown man or believed this was possible? Daneille P probably has something about this in her contract. 

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Katsullivan said:

Excellent. 

In what world was anyone shipping Caitlin Snow with a brown man or believed this was possible? Daneille P probably has something about this in her contract. 

I think people were assuming this because history have shown that whenever the writers link Caitlin to a man who isn't related to her, they usually make it romantic. At this point I don't want to see her romantically involved with any man unless the writers are willing to make it a long-term relationship, not a seasonally one. 

Base on the writing, it would make sense for them to put her with Cisco, but as someone who likes Cisco, I don't want that. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I think people were assuming this because history have shown that whenever the writers link Caitlin to a man who isn't related to her, they usually make it romantic.

A white man who isn't related to her. Because she's been linked to Cisco for 6 seasons now, several times when they were both single, no one even breathed romance in that direction and DP was always quick to shut that down. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Katsullivan said:

A white man who isn't related to her. Because she's been linked to Cisco for 6 seasons now, several times when they were both single, no one even breathed romance in that direction and DP was always quick to shut that down. 

I know DP rejected the possibility of Cisco/Caitlin but I think it was because she was pushing for Barry/Caitlin at the time. Now, with almost no possibility of that happening( I understand why she wanted that, despite disliking it), she might be more open to Cisco. But either way, I'm not going to assume/assign motive to her reason, also she rejected the possibility of Caitlin/Ralph. 

I think the "whiteness" aspect is more connected to the fandom, than to DP, base on what I have seen. 

1 hour ago, SevenStars said:

But either way, I'm not going to assume/assign motive to her reason, also she rejected the possibility of Caitlin/Ralph. 

To me, DP rejected Ralph (and Cisco) because he's not the lead. It's about status and being with the lead male gives the love interest lots of screen time, higher status, and media attention. If you watched "Arrow", Katie Cassidy was the female lead as Laurel Lance, but when Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity  became Oliver's love interest, Katie's role was diminished significantly and then her character was killed off.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, adora721 said:

To me, DP rejected Ralph (and Cisco) because he's not the lead. It's about status and being with the lead male gives the love interest lots of screen time, higher status, and media attention. If you watched "Arrow", Katie Cassidy was the female lead as Laurel Lance, but when Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity  became Oliver's love interest, Katie's role was diminished significantly and then her character was killed off.

This is why I said I understand why she was pushing for Barry/Caitlin, despite the fact that I didn't like it and the way she did it rubbed me the wrong. Every actor wants their characters to be involved with characters who will give them more screen time, more stories , and more exposure as actors. So I get it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SevenStars said:

I think the "whiteness" aspect is more connected to the fandom, than to DP, base on what I have seen. 

Considering DP was actively encouraging the fandom as far as recent seasons, I honestly can't see the difference.

1 hour ago, adora721 said:

That's nothing to do with DP/Caitlin Snow though. Caitlin wasn't Barry's LI who was then "demoted"/"displaced" by Iris*. She always had her own niche in the show. K

*Except in her head.

34 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Every actor wants their characters to be involved with characters who will give them more screen time, more stories , and more exposure as actors. So I get it. 

I have legit never seen anything like what DP pulled in any show.  

Edited by Katsullivan
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Katsullivan said:

That's nothing to do with DP/Caitlin Snow though. Caitlin wasn't Barry's LI who was then "demoted"/"displaced" by Iris*. She always had her own niche in the show. K 

I only mentioned this to show that DP was aware that the closer you are to the male lead, the better your status is on the show.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, adora721 said:

I only mentioned this to show that DP was aware that the closer you are to the male lead, the better your status is on the show.

Or it could make you a prime candidate for the "I want to kill off someone that is important enough to hurt the male lead... but won't hurt the status quo of the show" position... She could have ended up being Barry's Eddie. 

Edited by Katsullivan
  • LOL 3

Just wanted to sort some of the spoilers thematically from the recent Wallace Q&A:

General:

You should just watch Episode 602. There are two new story devices to bring in cases. One is that they don’t have to be a bad guy, and the second one appears next week. It’s a new way to get stories in because it’s based in character. … Just ‘cause this show is The Flash, it doesn’t mean another main character can’t take center stage for an entire episode.

Season 6 is a little more serialized now, which probably comes from me having been on Teen Wolf. Sometimes we pick up right from where something left off. We fooled the audience [with the premiere] because we did a direct pick-up, but then we jumped forward five months. But a lot of the episodes, especially Episodes 602, 603 and 604, end, and then, it picks up one second later because I want the immediacy that audiences get when they’re watching a streaming show that’s eight or ten episodes.

Crisis:

“Crisis” turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to The Flash because it created an immediacy to things. We know that, on December 10, 2019, The Flash will die. He said it. We’re not messing around.

When you watch the crossover, you’re going to feel those tectonic shifts, especially at the end. It’s not small. It’s game-changer, in the same way that the ending of “Crisis”, the comic book, was a game changer, and it opens up to a whole new world.

Bloodwork:

You have the Bloodwork villain, who is facing the end of his own world. So, from his point of view, who cares about “Crisis” because he’s more concerned about the immediacy of his own life. … So, it turned out to be the most fortuitous set of story events possible, dealing with life and death, dealing with his death as a villain, and dealing with the death of all worlds.

His story begins, it burns very hot,” Wallace explained. “By the time we get to 603, 604, we’re in cuckoo town, essentially. I mean that in the best way, because the story ends in 608.

Team Flash:

How aware is the rest of the team about what’s going on with what The Monitor said?
WALLACE: You’ll have to watch Episode 603. You’re right on the money. We asked that same question in the writers’ room, so we made it an episode. You’ll get your answer in Episode 603.

Barry & Iris:

So, as a married couple, they can count the number of days and weeks. …What kind of urgency does that give them? An extreme one. It turns the dial up to 10, and it makes them think, is every moment together our last? What can we do? Should we fight this? Is it inevitable? Those are all of the things that they’re grappling with, for these next seven episodes…. So, their relationship is strained, but it’s also going to bring them closer together than ever before because that’s what tragedy does.

In Season 3, Barry and Iris had a similar situation when they learned that Iris was going to die in the future. What did that experience teach them, that could help them now?
WALLACE: You should watch [Episode 602], when that exact question is asked and answered. That is literally the plot. … We know how they reacted with Iris, but how will they react, in Episode 602? I will tell you that, it’s different. It’s not the same because of what they learn next week.

Iris:

If we know, from Episode 518, that she becomes a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and that she has an empire, we need to start building those seeds, and we need to do it now. So, we have very urgently done that, this season. You will meet her new staff members very soon. The new staff starts in Episode 602. … because we have a budget, it might be a small staff at first, but it’s very much about seeing her take charge of what we refer to as Team Citizen. They will appear, and they will be getting into trouble, especially in the back half of our show because now we have a new way to bring in meta storylines, with her investigations.

Is there a pregnancy storyline bubbling for Iris, at all?
WALLACE: Not this season, but that doesn’t mean a huge hint about Nora isn’t coming, this season. There will be two. One will probably be misinterpreted the wrong way ‘cause it’s a deliberate misdirect. I like that, and I like mysteries, but it’s real. So, look for that. The comic book fans will be watching Episode 602, and they’ll see a particular thing and go, “Oh, my god, I know what that means.”

In the Bronze Age comics, we learned that Iris was actually born in the 30th century and was sent back in time. Is that a story that would ever be adapted to the TV show?

WALLACE: Yes.

Cisco:

Cisco’s relationships haven’t always been well-served on the show. Will it be, this time?
WALLACE: Yes. In fact, we love Kamilla. … They’re doing just fine, and having a healthy relationship….  They’re doing great. … Can you be happy, being human? Can you be happy, not being a meta? Can you be happy, not saving the world, every week? Yeah, you can. … That’s a big thing that Cisco will be struggling with, all season, and Kamilla is a part of that.

Caitlin/Killer Frost:

... It has been a pure delight, writing Killer Frost this season. She’s much more in the forefront than Caitlin is. That life coach stuff starts in Episode 602. It’s the second scene, and we honor the promise of the premise. We deliver, and it’s led to these hilarious situations. … Everything is new, through her eyes, which means she’s gonna make some mistakes, which is great. It’s going to lead to some more tears, but she’s also going to grow into something that didn’t exist before. Maybe you do lose that Killer. Maybe it’s just Frost, down the line.

We’re at graphic novel number two, and the result of where she ends up, emotionally, in graphic novel one, gives her the strength to face what lies in graphic novel two.

Harrison Wells:

…He’s cool and suave. This is a man of adventure. This is a man who can get in a fight and old his own. We haven’t seen a Wells like that. There’s this completely unexpected side to him, which I will not spoil, that’s just wonderful, and he has a secret. It’s a secret that will be slowly dripped out in graphic novel number one, but which will really mess with his mind, literally, in graphic novel number two. It’s going to lead him to an emotional place that’s similar territory to one of the other Wells, and I don’t want to give a spoiler away, but it takes it in a completely opposite direction. It will be very apparent, by Episode 606, what his secret is.

Sue Dearbon:

We’re actually writing the episode right now, where Sue first appears, and boy, are we having a blast because Sue is such a delight. Sue Dearbon will appear in the back half. But sometimes what you see, isn’t what you see.

Wally:

We’ll start breaking his episode next week, and my nervous problem is that I’ve talked to him and he said he’s gonna be in it. … But if all goes well, we should be breaking his story, in the next couple of weeks. I’m trying my best to honor that and get Kid Flash in for a couple [of episodes] because the story is so good. Kid Flash will now meet a classic villain from the classic days of the classic comic books, and maybe he’ll have to save The Flash’s behind, which is what I want to see. He’s not a kid anymore.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, SevenStars said:

I know DP rejected the possibility of Cisco/Caitlin but I think it was because she was pushing for Barry/Caitlin at the time. Now, with almost no possibility of that happening( I understand why she wanted that, despite disliking it), she might be more open to Cisco. But either way, I'm not going to assume/assign motive to her reason, also she rejected the possibility of Caitlin/Ralph. 

She was still shutting down Cisco/Caitlin at this year's ComicCon.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

From the 6.01 thread:

Just now, Trini said:
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I noticed that the Monitor said "The Flash has to die."  We know there are several Flashes on different earths, some of whom are named Barry Allen. So maybe the Flash on this show isn't the one who will die or disappear.

Yes, but then why would The Monitor specifically visit this Barry Allen and tell him he won't survive? I agree they've got some options for not killing him 'for real', but I think it will happen.

I'll go into more of why I think that in the Spoiler thread.

I was on board before with the theory that another Flash would be the real one to die/disappear, but besides the fact that they need that headline to come true, from the way Wallace has talked about Crisis and what he wants to do post-Crisis, I think he will kill* Barry. I think Wallace is looking at COIE as an opportunity to do a soft reboot and change things around, and so I think some type of after death rebirth is certainly on the table.

I feel the previous showrunners would have totally punked out, but I think Wallace as the new showrunner wants to put his own spin on the show.

*Or dissolve into the Speed Force, since this is Flash

• Love 1

Additional quote about Bloodwork/Rosso from Flash TV News:

... And every episode this season – 602, 3, 4, 5 and 6, especially — are all about, ‘Do I accept death? Or do I fight it?;’ That’s also the reason why Bloodwork is the villain this season. The villain, as we now know, has HLH cancer and is dying. So for the first time in the show’s history, we have a villain and a protagonist who are going through the same thing. It’s the reason Bloodwork was chosen as a villain this season. It was very deliberate, because they’re going to learn about halfway through the season, ‘Maybe we’re not so different? And what does that mean?”

On 10/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Trini said:

From the 6.01 thread:

I was on board before with the theory that another Flash would be the real one to die/disappear, but besides the fact that they need that headline to come true, from the way Wallace has talked about Crisis and what he wants to do post-Crisis, I think he will kill* Barry. I think Wallace is looking at COIE as an opportunity to do a soft reboot and change things around, and so I think some type of after death rebirth is certainly on the table.

I feel the previous showrunners would have totally punked out, but I think Wallace as the new showrunner wants to put his own spin on the show.

*Or dissolve into the Speed Force, since this is Flash

It is possible that Monitor goes to all the earths and tells all the Flashes that they will die. Ha. I suppose that Barry could die, but after seeing the photo of Barry talking to Sarah from Legends after he returned, I am doubtful.The reboot Wallace is hinting at could be about the merged earths changing Central City or an alternation in the timeline.As long Barry is back by the time the show returns in the new year, I am cool.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

. I suppose that Barry could die, but after seeing the photo of Barry talking to Sarah from Legends after he returned, I am doubtful.

Do we know for a fact that is what is happening there?

Why not just reboot the timeline? Show us what Barry’s real life would have been like without Thawne going back in time and killing Nora.

We all know he becomes the Flash anyway and marries Iris, even without the fake Wells.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Do we know for a fact that is what is happening there?

No, but the scene was reportedly filmed for the Legends and we know that Barry is back then. Of course, this doesn't mean that Barry doesn't die, but to kill him and bring him back an episode later, doesn't feel like a reboot more like a cheat.

To me a reboot is having Barry return to an alternative timeline where his parents never died or maybe the villains he defeated are back. Much like what happened with he altered the timeline with Flashpoint. 

The CW press site finally updated The Flash with the Official Season 6 synopsis

Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) lived a normal life as a perpetually tardy CSI in the Central City Police department.  He was adopted by his best friend, Iris West’s (Candice Patton) father, Detective Joe West (Jesse L. Martin) after Barry’s mother was murdered.  Barry’s life was forever changed the night the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator exploded, creating a dark matter lightning storm that struck Barry, bestowing him with super-speed and making him the fastest man alive.  But Barry wasn’t the only person who was given extraordinary abilities that night.  The dark matter also created meta-humans, many of whom have wreaked havoc with their powers on Central City.  Barry teamed up with his friends at S.T.A.R Labs, Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker), Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes), and Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanaugh), to begin a journey as The Flash and protect the people of Central City from these powerful new threats.

After years of battling villains and repeatedly saving Central City, Barry and his wife Iris thought they could finally find time to enjoy being newlyweds, but their wedded bliss was interrupted by the appearance of their future daughter Nora West-Allen (Jessica Parker Kennedy), who is a speedster known as XS, who has made a big mistake and needs her parents’ help to get home.   With Nora in the picture, Barry and Iris’ lives are flipped upside down and, while Nora idolizes Barry and his legacy as The Flash, she carries with her a mysterious grudge towards Iris.  Team Flash rallies to find a way to help Nora return to her time, only to discover her presence has altered the timeline and brought the early arrival of the most ruthless, vicious, and relentless villain Team Flash has ever faced: Cicada (Chris Klein).  They enlist the help of Sherloque Wells (a master detective from Earth-221) to aid in the search for Cicada, while Barry teaches a stuck Nora everything he knows about being a speedster and what it means to be a hero.   Nora (as XS) assists Team Flash with the take-down of a surge of new “meta-humans,” but her place on the team is threatened when it is revealed that she is in league with none other than one of The Flash’s earliest arch-enemies, Eobard Thawne (The Reverse-Flash).  Ultimately, Nora is innocent in the grand scheme of Thawne’s plan and helps Team Flash realize a way to defeat both Cicada AND Thawne – yet, vanquishing their foes yields an agonizing loss as Nora erases herself from the timeline, leaving all of Team Flash devastated.

Reeling from the loss of Nora, Barry throws himself into work, defeating a record number of metas over the summer, while the rest of Team Flash deals with changes of their own – Cisco, having taken the meta-human cure, is no longer Vibe, Joe is now Captain of CCPD, D.A. Cecile Horton (Danielle Nicolet) is now considering leaving the district attorney’s office, and Ralph Dibny is now searching for a missing heiress named Sue Dearbon.  But all of that is put on hold when Dr. Ramsey Rosso (Sendhil Ramamurthy), intent on curing death, is overtaken by his own desperation and ambition giving birth to a new villain… Bloodwork.

It pretty much just sums up the last seasons until the final paragraph. They pretty much just revealed Cecile's plot in 6x02. So she will be thinking about quitting her job?

• Love 1