Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Is the crossover episode 9 again this season? I thought it only shifted to episode 9 last year so The Flash could do its 100th episode.

Yes, The Flash, Supergirl, and Batwoman crossover episodes are the 9th episode of their respective seasons. Arrow is the 8th and Legends is the 1st episode I presume.

29 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:
54 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Is the crossover episode 9 again this season? I thought it only shifted to episode 9 last year so The Flash could do its 100th episode.

Yes, The Flash, Supergirl, and Batwoman crossover episodes are the 9th episode of their respective seasons. Arrow is the 8th and Legends is the 1st episode I presume.

Well, dang; I can't find a specific source at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's episode #9 this year so that the crossover is also the mid-season finale/s. It makes sense since they are doing it in two parts with the winter break in between.

• Useful 1

I am fine with Wally coming back for a regular episode. Some were already speculating that he was going to get killed in Barry's place and I didn't want to think about that possibility. Glad that's out of the way.

• Love 5

Man - I want to keep my expectations low, but Wallace, Candice, and Sendhil are giving me hope for this season....

6.04 is probably a Bloodwork heavy episode?

Just realized they're probably going to try and sneak in another* Heroes reference into the season; will have to look out for that.

*(Sendhil doing a voiceover monologue for the first trailer, counts as the first.)

• Love 1

Under one of her instagram posts Elizabeth Tulloch answered a fan who asked (I'm paraphrasing) if there would be an Iris and Lois team up in the crossover (and that it was too bad that they didn't interact last crossover) saying that they'll be happy with the crossover 

👍

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Under one of her instagram posts Elizabeth Tulloch answered a fan who asked (I'm paraphrasing) if there would be an Iris and Lois team up in the crossover (and that it was too bad that they didn't interact last crossover) saying that they'll be happy with the crossover 

👍

Again, they're getting my hopes up, come through, Wallace!

1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

New trailer:

Yay! longer promo.

Looks like we got a glimpse of whatever trauma happens to Caitlin/KF. And a shot of KF trying to stab Barry at STAR Labs.

Jay Garrick! And Joan Garrick?? (I wonder if we'll ever get back to that female speedster Garrick was supposed to be training, or will Wallace just leave that in the Helbing era?)

More of that Black scientist -- the shot has his name: Chester P. Runk, AKA the comic character, Chunk. Looks like that's the villain for the premiere, because here's what wikipedia says:

Chunk is a supporting character with superhuman powers in the DC Universe.

The character, created by Mike Baron and Jackson Guice, first appeared in The Flash (vol. 2) #9 (February 1988).

Within the context of the stories, Chester Runk is a physicist, engineer, and child prodigy. At age 24 he invents a primitive long range teleportation device. Due to a lack of safety procedures, the device implodes and merges with him. This imparts him with superhuman strength and durability, as well as the ability to teleport anywhere. In order to keep the machine from "eating" him, he is forced to absorb 47 times his own mass in super-dense matter.

He first encounters the Flash while he is stealing diamonds to "feed" the machine.[Flash 1] During the confrontation, he sends the Flash to the "void", a rocky prehistoric wasteland where he has sent others who have crossed him. The Flash convinces him that he needs to return the people he has imprisoned to Earth.[Flash 2]

Over time Chunk becomes one of Wally West's friends and develops a degree of control over his abilities. He eventually opens a waste removal business, believing that "everyone has something they’d like to disappear". ....

Powers and abilities of Chunk

Because of the machine that he absorbed, Chunk has the ability to transfer matter to and from the "void", superhuman strength, limited invulnerability and the ability to manipulate local gravimetric fields.

Looks like it's Chunk and his 'void' that Iris encounters in a dark alley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Episode 6.02 synopsis is out:

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP TO GUEST STAR – Faced with the news of his impending death, Barry’s resiliency suffers as he struggles to fight fate. Meanwhile, Cecile’s career as a D.A. conflicts with her identity when she crosses paths with a villainous meta-human.

Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Jeff Hersh

(#602). Original airdate 10/15/2019.

------

Chalsen and Hersh? Eh-- let's see if they're better under Wallace.

I wonder if Shipp will be playing Jay Garrick AND Henry? I find it odd they don't mention his character.

Aw, Barry's dealing with Nora's death in the premiere, and his own death in the next episode, more tears! 😞 😞 😞 And the next episode is "Dead Man Running".

I'm assuming that Barry is on Earth-3 for most of the episode; so is it the B-team (Cisco, Ralph, KF) taking care of the villain?

I'm not opposed to a Cecile subplot, but I've thought that her suddenly being a metahuman now was always iffy, and unnecessary. Hopefully this means Joe gets something to do?

And again no info on the villain-of-the-week.

• Useful 3

Isn't Jay Garrick still trapped in the Speedforce prison, and that's why Jessie Quick is on Earth-3 to be it's Flash?

I know Cecile is a meta now, but she''s basically Counselor Troi.  If a space jellyfish wanders by during the Crisis, she'll be able to tell you it's in pain.

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Isn't Jay Garrick still trapped in the Speedforce prison, and that's why Jessie Quick is on Earth-3 to be it's Flash?

I know Cecile is a meta now, but she''s basically Counselor Troi.  If a space jellyfish wanders by during the Crisis, she'll be able to tell you it's in pain.

Jay was freed from the Speedforce prison in the season 3 finale when Cisco reprogrammed the Speedforce bazooka to get Jay out. He was back in S4 in "Enter Flashtime".

• Love 2

Apparently, according to Candice, this hairstyle was inspired by Vicki Vale in the 1989 Batman film. And I think she's doing some crossover filming, so is Iris interacting with Batwoman/Gotham characters?

Even if not, I like that she's getting more variety in her hairstyles.

• Love 5

I like Candice's  hairstyle. Got to admit that the more I learn about the crossover, the harder I roll my eyes, but if Candice is in it, good for her and that will determine if this is the first time that I ever watch it.

Neither Cecile nor Kamilla should be getting much airtime so I hope that is being overstated.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

... Got to admit that the more I learn about the crossover, the harder I roll my eyes, but if Candice is in it, good for her and that will determine if this is the first time that I ever watch it.

It sounds like Iris will be in more than just the Flash episode this time; but there's always youtube for any other Iris/Flash-relevant scenes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

It sounds like Iris will be in more than just the Flash episode this time; but there's always youtube for any other Iris/Flash-relevant scenes.

YT was always my plan to watch any Iris scenes in the crossover. I honestly can't sit through it. I don't know how people do it.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

YT was always my plan to watch any Iris scenes in the crossover. I honestly can't sit through it. I don't know how people do it.

Being a fan of multiple DC characters and the mythology in general usually helps.

I get it, though. It’s like watching all the iron man movies and being disappointed when Pepper only gets 5 mins of screentime in Avengers.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Interview with Eric. So much information here. Some interesting things about Barry and Iris, Iris' journalism, Crisis On Infinite Earths, The Flash in general, and more

Gotta say, EW has me pretty pumped for the new season. I really like that he's stated that he wants to approach his new job as showrunner as a fan first (especially of him being a fan of genre TV, but maybe more importantly of comics in general and the Flash, specifically), because I feel like so many execs who are in charge of genre TV shows, don't seem to actually like or aren't familiar with the source material that they're adapting and want to change it into something unrecognizable.

Legit, Wallace kind of seems like a huge dork, who is just happy to get to tell stories about his favourite comic book. (I mean this in the most endearing way possible.)

I did get a bit worried when he said the new format for the show would be following a "graphic novel" breakdown, because I thought maybe it would be leaning to hard into Heroes or Ang Lee's The Hulk, but it seems like they're just splitting the season into 2 arcs and then possibly 2 mini arcs within those? Which I'm down with. And it makes sense since the show REALLY ran out of steam with Cicada last season. Although, I'll admit a little skepticism from when Veronica Mars tried this same tactic with their third season and it didn't go over well. (Of course, to be fair, there was a lot of that season that didn't go over well. But I digress.)

Anyway, mark me down as excited!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Interview with Eric. So much information here. Some interesting things about Barry and Iris, Iris' journalism, Crisis On Infinite Earths, The Flash in general, and more

I'm liking nearly everything I'm hearing!

... Except that Wells will be back for the second half. I set myself up for disappointment! 😭 It sounds like he's got a fresh take on all the characters, but I'm already tired of new versions of Wells.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RedVitC said:

New trailer!

I wanted WestAllen couch scenes again, but not like this! 😭 Wallace is really going to be delving into the emotions of this Crisis, and others.

Well, fourth try at fleshing out Caitlin/Killer Frost. I hope other people enjoy that.

Again very little of the villains. But I'm glad there was a new clip of Dr. Rosso/Bloodwork. And also a glimpse of a female villain with a mask - I can't tell who she is, but I'm sure the comics internet will put up some guesses soon.

So Breacher does show up! I still don't like that he's coming without Cynthia, and Cisco has no powers; but I'm curious as to why he visits Cisco. He still has 'vibing' powers, so maybe he sees Crisis coming also? Or worst case - his world got destroyed already??

Glad there was more Joe. It seems Ralph is the one getting the least story in these first few episodes? Wallace hasn't said much about his subplot with Sue Dearbon. I'm sure she's been cast already, but I bet they won't announce until the last minute, judging by the marketing so far.

Also there was a shot of Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin tending to someone on the STAR Labs hospital bed; it doesn't look like it's from episode 1 or 2.

Still no clips showing Iris and her growing media empire; but I know that they use mainly the action clips for these trailers.

Edited by Trini
50 minutes ago, Trini said:

Quotes from Eric Wallace at EW, previewing character arcs for Barry, Iris, Killer Frost and Cisco:

From the article:

... At the same time, though, Wallace also wants to explore the fact that Barry and Iris are an interracial couple and that there’s a mixed family at the heart of the show — but he’s not going to do it the way you expect.

... In fact, “you’ll see that right at the top of the season,” he says. “There’s a really fun scene in the [premiere]. I’m not going to spoil it, but I can’t wait for everybody to see it because it’s literally all of the Team Flash family getting together in a way that one imagines they do all the time but we have never seen before. They get to let their hair down.”

So this is the cookout that was in the Comic Con trailer, I'm sure.

Season 6 also finds Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and her icy persona Killer Frost grieving the loss of her father, which will hopefully be a revelatory experience for both characters.

“The way they deal with this will be a delightfully fresh take on both characters, but will especially impact the Killer Frost persona,” says Wallace. “This is a big Killer Frost season. Don’t be surprised if [she] takes on an even larger role.”

... moving on...

Wallace also assures EW that season 6 will be a “huge season” for Cisco (Carlos Valdes), who took the metahuman cure at the end of season 5.

“He doesn’t have his powers as season 6 begins and he’s not going to get them anytime soon because he’s enjoying his non-super hero life,” says Wallace, assuring us he’s still a member of Team Flash in good standing and will continue to help them as a scientist and as a best friend to Barry. “But, it is a different season for him. And you’re going to have to go a long way before he gets to the end of his journey of what being a human being on Team Flash really means. It gives him and Iris, ironically, something to bond over because now they’re the two non-powered superheroes on the team.”

I'm all for more Iris/Cisco bonding; but I don't like that he is literally reversing Cisco's hero journey. I might be able to get behind this if he was getting something else outside of STAR Labs/Team Flash, but besides Kamilla, it doesn't look like he is.

• Love 1

So, I think Barry is actually dying in Crisis, because there's no reason to have ALL this ANGST for the first half. I don't know how they're going to reverse it - because the show must go on - but I think it's going to happen for real.

Edited by Trini
9 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

I don’t get it. If they wanted a classic flash to sacrifice himself in the crisis like the comics they should just get original 90s Barry to do it.

Aaaaaaaaaanngsttttt...😢

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Again very little of the villains. But I'm glad there was a new clip of Dr. Rosso/Bloodwork. And also a glimpse of a female villain with a mask - I can't tell who she is, but I'm sure the comics internet will put up some guesses soon.

The actress looked a lot like Kristin Kreuk to me.  It probably isn't her something in the eyes really looked like KK.

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

I don’t get it. If they wanted a classic flash to sacrifice himself in the crisis like the comics they should just get original 90s Barry to do it.

Gotta say I was gutted when Jay Garrick took Wally's place in the Speedforce prison late in S3 and so elated when he was freed by Cisco. I love JWS and would hate to have his Flash actually die. He was a consolation after losing Henry Allen.

• Love 1

And the synopsis for 6.03 is out:

"Dead Man Running"

GET READY FOR A KILLER PARTY - Knowing that Crisis is only weeks away, Barry (Grant Gustin) prepares a member of Team Flash for life without him while hunting a terrifying meta-human with an unquenchable thirst. Meanwhile, Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) uncovers a family secret.

Sarah Boyd directed the episode written by Lauren Barnett & Thomas Pound (#603). Original airdate 10/22/2019.

--------

Lauren Barnett is new to the show; I'm not sure if she's new to the writers room, or just a guest writer.

I feel this synopsis is written oddly. Why wouldn't they say which team member Barry is preparing??

Again being vague about the villain, and no mention yet of Dr. Rosso/Bloodwork or his arc. I know they don't always put every subplot in the synopsis, but this is three in a row, and we already know he's the main villain.

Ralph uncovers a secret from... his family? Or someone else's?? If the synopses are like this for the whole season... help me!

Anyway, I think this may be the episode where they filmed in a theater/opera house - because of the "killer party" part. Grant was photographed wearing a tux. And in the latest trailer there's a woman with a mask inside what I'm pretty sure is the opera house.

10 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

I think I am the only Barry/Kara fan who wants them to die. Since their shows are not ending we already know they are going to reverse it somehow and then deal with the consequences. Having a random Flash/Supergirl sacrifice themselves in their place is a huge cop-out and robs Barry and Kara of their story.

8 hours ago, adora721 said:

Gotta say I was gutted when Jay Garrick took Wally's place in the Speedforce prison late in S3 and so elated when he was freed by Cisco. I love JWS and would hate to have his Flash actually die. He was a consolation after losing Henry Allen.

I don't want Jay Garrick to die either. He's a very wise mentor-character and it's always nice to see him show up.

As long as he doesn't get Barry's comic canon story, I'd be fine with Earth-90 Flash dying.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Anyway, I think this may be the episode where they filmed in a theater/opera house - because of the "killer party" part. Grant was photographed wearing a tux. And in the latest trailer there's a woman with a mask inside what I'm pretty sure is the opera house.

That should be episode 6. It's the one DP directed and it's titled License to Elongate.

I think the trailer contains footage up until 6x06.

The "killer party" part should refer to Killer Frost. The trailer shows clips of Frost and Barry fighting/training in STAR Labs. I am pretty sure she's the team member he's preparing.

I wonder if Barry is going to train with both Frost and Ralph so they can be the ones who will protect Central City once he's gone.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Starry said:

That should be episode 6. It's the one DP directed and it's titled License to Elongate.

I think the trailer contains footage up until 6x06.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure which episode. But I doubt they've got 6.06 footage in there, though. The pre-season trailers are usually just the first three or four episodes.

The "killer party" part should refer to Killer Frost. The trailer shows clips of Frost and Barry fighting/training in STAR Labs. I am pretty sure she's the team member he's preparing.

I wonder if Barry is going to train with both Frost and Ralph so they can be the ones who will protect Central City once he's gone.

Yeah, makes sense. Well, it would have to be KF and Ralph. I'd appreciate it if they acknowledge Wally's absence somehow, because he should be prepping to be the next Flash.

Yeah, so this interview with Wallace has, like, ALL the spoilers; and I think I might need him to stop talking now!

So many things, but I just wanted to comment on one tease:

In the Bronze Age comics, we learned that Iris was actually born in the 30th century and was sent back in time. Is that a story that would ever be adapted to the TV show?

WALLACE: Yes.

Can you elaborate?

WALLACE: No, but I’m telling you yes.

Ic2.gif

This was the story I was hoping they would adapt for Iris' mother; If they can pull this off... I'd be very impressed.

• Love 7

Was very surprised by both that question and the answer.

How would they make it fit with what we already know? I don't know, but I like the idea of it a lot! It has the potential to be an awesome story.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Yeah, so this interview with Wallace has, like, ALL the spoilers; and I think I might need him to stop talking now!

Ic2.gif

This was the story I was hoping they would adapt for Iris' mother; If they can pull this off... I'd be very impressed.

I'm starting to hate Wallace because I don't want to be excited or have good expectations for The Flash cause they have usually disappointed me. But he is making it very, very hard for me not to. I need the first episode of S6 to air already so it can slap down my expectations/excitement as usually. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't share the excitement or hope about Wallace's upcoming tenure, but if he gives Iris her Bronze Age comic backstory, I will tip my hat to him.

Edited by SimoneS
4 hours ago, Trini said:

Ic2.gif

That was such a refreshing interview and made me really look forward to S6. He has so much passion for every character, goes so in-depth about them, and isnt trying to hide every little storyline (like Arrow has in the past). I think this could very well be one of the shows best. 

• Love 1