Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I don't remember Brainy having any scenes with Barry or Iris during Elseworlds (he may have I just don't remember) but he's from the 30th century. He's spent a ton of time with Kara and Barry spends a ton of time with Kara during the crossovers so maybe that's how it eventually got to Iris? Like it's a thing that stays on you no matter how many times you bathe?

I was thinking. I like the idea that Francine was from the future, and that would certainly give her a more interesting and relevant backstory than the one we got, but what if they change it to Joe being from the future?

17 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don't remember Brainy having any scenes with Barry or Iris during Elseworlds (he may have I just don't remember) but he's from the 30th century. He's spent a ton of time with Kara and Barry spends a ton of time with Kara during the crossovers so maybe that's how it eventually got to Iris? Like it's a thing that stays on you no matter how many times you bathe?

I was thinking. I like the idea that Francine was from the future, and that would certainly give her a more interesting and relevant backstory than the one we got, but what if they change it to Joe being from the future?

I like the idea of Joe being from the future but I want this story mainly to change Francine druggie storyline and that can't happen if it is Joe who is from the future.

But with that said, Joe being from the future would give Joe a storyline and I need Joe to have something this season. I hate that it seems like he has disappeared from the show. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Would it be possible for both Joe and Francine  to be from the future? And Francine left Joe and Iris behind to return to the future for some reason. I’m not sure how Wally would work into this though.

That could work but there would need to be a big reason why both Joe and Francine lied to Iris again and again. 

• Love 1
Just now, SevenStars said:

That could work but there would need to be a big reason why both Joe and Francine lied to Iris again and again. 

It could have been to protect her because they left the 30th century under dangerous circumstances. Or Joe’s mind has been wiped and he doesn’t remember (and Francine wasn’t really a part of Iris’ life growing up).

• Love 1

I'm not for any story that doesn't erase the Francine drug addict plot. It was beyond reprehensible that the only mother with that problem was Iris'. Nope. 

I still hope that Francine was really a Time Bureau Agent who fell in love with Joe when tracking a perp in the 21st century. Perhaps Eternium is also in the blood of people from the 30th century and Francine might have transferred it to Iris as a fetus, also to Wally.

ETA: It would be a perfect tie-in with Wally having worked with the Legends for a season.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 5

Joe can't be from the future or be aware that either Iris or Francine are from the 30th century. Joe is the one who has always acted the most shocked when dealing with anything meta-related. He brought Barry to shrinks for years because he couldn't fathom that an evil speedster killed Nora Allen. How can a character who's this grounded in reality be a time traveler from the 30th century or be aware that his late wife and daughter are from the future? Unless he was mind-wiped, a "Joe is from the future storyline" wouldn't work. If Francine or Iris are the ones from the 30th century, Joe can't know anything about it either. It would go against everything that we have known about his character for five years.

I think this storyline is going to be adapted in a way so that Iris remains Joe's bio kid and Joe won't have to be completely retconned as a character. I hope Francine is the one from the 30th century, Joe and Iris find out and investigate her past.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

Never mind Iris coming from the future. That’s silver age decades old. Her investigating Black Hole is a much more recent storyline in the comics. And it would work great with her journalism arc for this season.

I think that's coming but Wallace also said that they are adapting the Iris from the future storyline. We just don't know how.

• Love 2

Going back to the 6.05 ("Kiss Kiss, Breach Breach") synopsis for a second,

Since learning it was a Cisco-centric episode, I was hoping that we would maybe see or learn more about Cisco's family; but it looks like Breacher and the murder mystery (and Kamilla?) will be his main plots.

8 minutes ago, Trini said:

Some upcoming plot points from these interviews with Hartley:

... The idea of having to face the loss of Barry Allen is totally going to take the wind out of Ralph’s sail, and it will for the team as well, but it’s going to hit Ralph very hard because he really loves Barry. I don’t think Ralph can imagine what his life would be like without Barry Allen.

What’s it been like filming the Crisis crossover compared to last year’s big event?     

This year is so big. It’s so much bigger and it’s so cool to see it all come together. I walk on set with 15 other characters, some of whom I have been watching for years and looked up to for a very long time. It’s very surreal. The scripts are fantastic. I think people are sort of clued in, but I don’t think there’s any way they can prepare themselves for the scope, the scale, and the fun of what this is going to be.

Lastly, how will the team be putting Ralph’s super-sleuthing abilities to good use in the upcoming episodes?

There are a lot of things that Ralph is going to get dialed into and follow the breadcrumbs of in the first half of the season. There are going to be little nuggets, while he’s tracking down Sue and trying to find her, that people are going to think are throwaways or this and that. I don’t think people will realize how much some of these little nuggets — and they have to watch very, very carefully because there are some small things that have already happened and are going to happen leading up to Episodes 8 and 9 — that are going to surprise people. They are going to pay off in a very big way in the back half. Ralph has already found a couple of those breadcrumbs and he’s going to find a few more in the next few episodes. Viewers are going to say, “Oh, yeah. Cool. He found this and that.” But, then, we get to the big half and it becomes a huge story point.    

This is your second crossover, right? How’s that going so far? 

Yeah, I was briefly in “Elseworlds.” I’m more involved in this one. So, this one is a little bit heavier for me. This one has been, oh my god, it’s been a ride. I mean, it’s just absolutely massive in scope and scale and just logistically, it’s crazy and then you get to set with some of these people… I mean, I can’t believe it. I can’t believe some of the people that I’m working with and standing next to and doing scenes with. It’s like if you told me four years ago, I never would have believed it.

“Crisis” is obviously looming over season 6. How does Ralph react when he learns that Barry is destined to die?

It’s not something that he is going to take lightly by any stretch of the imagination, and it’s not something that he is going to take well. The impact on the team of realizing what’s coming and what’s to happen, and specifically with Barry, is going to have a huge ripple effect through the team that’s going to lead us up to actual “Crisis” itself, which we’re filming right now. ...

“We’ve been building up to this idea that Ralph wants something in his life that’s romantic and serious,” Sawyer tells EW. “I think he’s finally getting to a point where he’s getting ready for that, and I think this is a big piece of that. With her saying that she’s not open to joy right now and she’s not open to love, he truly realizes that he is. So, I think that gives him a new sense of confidence and a new lease on life.”

... Ralph will continue investigating the case as the season progresses and in anticipation of Sue’s arrival in the back half of season 6 (a.k.a. “Graphic Novel #2).

“We have to solve the mystery of where is Sue exactly, what’s she doing, and more importantly, why?” The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace told EW in July. “It’s a season-long mystery that is going to take a twist in the back half. And when we finally do meet Sue, she might not be the woman that Ralph is expecting.”

Sawyer adds, “We’re going to be planting a lot of seeds that are going to be paid off in the back half that are regarding Sue and regarding a whole bunch of things. It’s a really cool way that this season is being structured in that viewers are going to see in the first eight, nine, 10 episodes, a lot of these things that we pepper in and things that made seem like throwaways are going to come around in the back half and they’re going to be major pieces of what actually occurs. Some of that happens with Sue. There’s one [episode] coming up in a few weeks that I’m very, very excited about where it’s going to very heavy on following the Sue Dearborn case.”

• Love 1

I googling to find any speculation about eternium, Iris, and Nash Wells. There isn't much out there. Apparently, eternium doesn't have much presence in the comic, but it is linked to Spectre who is supposed to be appearing the crisis. I do think that the eternium is likely the reason that Iris will be more involved in this crossover.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-grant-gustin-sendhil-ramamurthy-interview-barry-ramsey-bond

"The relationship between [Barry and Ramsey] for a huge portion of the arc is really close," added Ramamurthy. "It's kind of like a brotherly thing, like an older brother, younger brother type thing. And Barry is so kindhearted and so just intrinsically good, you know, that he kind of puts blinders on."

Interesting. The only other major villain that Barry was close to was Eobard/Wells.

However, he's going to figure out that Rosso is a villain soon-ish, right? Especially since this arc is only until the crossover. This "brother" relationship shouldn't be for more than 2 episodes.

• Useful 1

From the photos, I'm still thinking that the murder mystery in 6.05 is not connected to Breacher. But it does look like his earth might be gone. 😭  I know Jessica Camacho is busy with other shows, but they better confirm that Cynthia escaped!

No WestAllen in the synopsis or photos (we'll have to wait and see with the promo ad), so whatever C-plot Barry and Iris are in, they're in it together. Plus Wallace said there's a "fun" reason for Iris' curly hair.

Looking forward to a Cisco episode, but not so much about him being unsure of himself. I don't like how they've regressed his confidence.

Also, from the 6.05 synopsis:

Meanwhile, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) trusts no one except herself to hunt down the dangerous Ramsey Rosso (guest star Sendhil Ramamurthy).

It shouldn't be, but I'm wondering if Killer Frost is the only one who knows that Rosso is Bloodwork at this point? Since the rest of the team seem to be doing everything else except looking into Rosso.

Anyway, NOT looking forward to KF failing in this subplot.

Maybe it’s like the beginning of Infinity War.

Because it starts with dead asgardians and Thor defeated, one would naturally assume they all were killed. But in the next movie we find out that most of them managed to escape and made a life for themselves on Earth.

There could always be multiverse refugees that will eventually pop up in the second half of the season.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 3

I agree that Barry and Iris are likely a part of the same subplot. I want to see them on a romantic getaway 🤞🏻

The problem is that I bet Barry will have to go rescue Frost and scold her once again the minute she gets in trouble with Bloodwork 🙄

• Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, rogvortex58 said:

Goodbye, Earth 19.

Now I just feel sorry for Josh. He probably came asking for help from Vibe. But Cisco isn’t Vibe anymore.

I'd say that's a pretty good guess. Breacher looks devastated, and that's a look I've never seen on him before. I have a feeling that he not only watched Earth-19 die, but Cynthia as well -- and right in front of him!

On 10/27/2019 at 7:19 AM, Starry said:

The problem is that I bet Barry will have to go rescue Frost and scold her once again the minute she gets in trouble with Bloodwork 🙄

Ugh - this is likely; but they should let Cisco deal with it since it's his episode, and he's leader-in-training.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:19 AM, Starry said:

I agree that Barry and Iris are likely a part of the same subplot. I want to see them on a romantic getaway 🤞🏻

It better be a baby making mission! They want to see Nora again, right? 😉

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

It's interesting in the promo for next week that Breacher tells Cisco, "That's what happens when you suppress your powers." So, perhaps the "cure" didn't really cure Cisco, just suppressed his abilities. That would be one huge retcon since the cure supposedly removed dark matter, not suppressed it.

• Love 5
On 10/29/2019 at 2:35 AM, Trini said:

So Iris, who is about to lose her husband and best-friend is not going to get a scene with her and her Dad until 7 episodes after she has been dealing with the situation. Seriously, this is just bad writing if I'm correct. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, adora721 said:

It's interesting in the promo for next week that Breacher tells Cisco, "That's what happens when you suppress your powers." So, perhaps the "cure" didn't really cure Cisco, just suppressed his abilities. That would be one huge retcon since the cure supposedly removed dark matter, not suppressed it.

I would fully support that retcon, since they never should have taken away his powers in the first place.

But about the promo; it's interesting that is doesn't really depict the synopsis. It suggests that something is weird is going on with Cisco.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SevenStars said:

So Iris, who is about to lose her husband and best-friend is not going to get a scene with her and her Dad until 7 episodes after she has been dealing with the situation. Seriously, this is just bad writing if I'm correct. 

Pretty much.

Also - I'm fairly certain that Barry and Iris' vacation will happen all offscreen - like their honeymoon did.  Notice there were NO scenes of them actually being away - off in the sun.  Nope.  We'll see them head off - and then someone will likely call Barry back to save KF from herself.

This is really bad writing.  Beyond the pale bad.

• Love 4

I'm choosing to believe that the emphasis on Team Flash over Iris is just to get them out of the way before Iris takes center stage with Barry again for much of the season. Although I agree with much of the criticism leveled at the last two episodes.

44 minutes ago, adora721 said:

I'm choosing to believe that the emphasis on Team Flash over Iris is just to get them out of the way before Iris takes center stage with Barry again for much of the season. Although I agree with much of the criticism leveled at the last two episodes.

Maybe - but I think we're stuck with the "New Flash and KF show" with KF acting as sidekick to Barry in EVERY episode from here on out.  

Cake.  Eating it too.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, adora721 said:

We tell ourselves that every season.

• LOL 1

I don't have a problem with Barry and KF teaming up if it's done like it was in the last episode, like it's a normal occurrance. I do not need to see Barry teach Frost how to be a hero or save her after she does something stupid. I am also pretty sure he'll eventually be out in the field with Ralph as well.

I do hope we'll see a little bit of the WestAllen vacation but I am sadly not counting on it. Not gonna expect anything resembling sex. I may be naive but I am not delusional.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Trini said:

Ugh - this is likely; but they should let Cisco deal with it since it's his episode, and he's leader-in-training.

18 hours ago, phoenics said:

Also - I'm fairly certain that Barry and Iris' vacation will happen all offscreen - like their honeymoon did.  Notice there were NO scenes of them actually being away - off in the sun.  Nope.  We'll see them head off - and then someone will likely call Barry back to save KF from herself.

This is really bad writing.  Beyond the pale bad.

I think if they want to show Cisco as a capable leader then Barry should not be called back to deal with what may be happening with KF and Bloodwork. Cisco should use the resources he has. When Iris the "useless barista without a STEM degree" was the leader the team was able to stop metas even with Flash out of commission. Just saying.

If I can't have Cisco build his own empire I need him to succeed as the team/STAR Labs leader.

As for the WestAllen vacation, there's no point in mentioning a "special place" if they are not going to show it. I think we'll see a little bit more than them leaving and coming back. My clown outfit is ready just in case I am wrong about it.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

So Certo and Gates - who wrote 6.04 - are on the Flash crossover episode, so taking my already low expectations for iris in COIE down a notch.

Certo and Gates have written good Iris episodes in the past. I think it all comes down to what the showrunner wants.

• Love 3

Scenes that haven't shown up yet from the "Love is Power" trailer:

- "We've got to stop you from vanishing." - said by Cisco; but this might be a line that was cut 6.04?

- Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, and someone on the STAR Labs hospital bed,

- Elongated Man's press conference at CCPD,

- * Nash Wells in the tunnel,

- * Norvock in an alley with someone,

- * Breacher in the bedroom with Cisco and Kamilla,

- Ultraviolet... somewhere; but it's possible this is a deleted scene from 6.02.

- The Flash and Ralph tied to chairs back-to-back,

- The Flash knocked down near some chairs,

* - These are probably from 6.05.

6.06 synopsis:

"License to Elongate" -

RALPH GOES DEEP UNDERCOVER - Barry (Grant Gustin) turns his attention to prepping Elongated Man (Hartley Sawyer) for life after Crisis and without The Flash, but Ralph ultimately teaches Barry a lesson. Meanwhile, Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) faces her own moment of self-discovery while helping a recuperated Chester P. Runk (guest star Brandon McKnight) reclaim his identity.

Danielle Panabaker directed the episode written by Thomas Pound & Jeff Hersh (#606). Original airdate 11/19/2019.

---------

I thought this would be a Butler and Garza episode; I'm pretty sure they are still part of the writing room.... They haven't done an episode yet for this season.

So it's Ralph's turn with Cisco; but -ugh- Ralph teaching Barry something? I'm getting season 4 flashbacks. *shudder*

A Cecile/Chester B-plot?? What are Iris, Cisco, and Joe doing? Rosso? Wells #8925? I know they don't put everything in the synopsis; maybe the other subplots are too spoiler-y?

• LOL 1

So people who have already seen 6×05 said that it is very Cisco center, and we only get maybe two small scenes with Iris and Barry. 

So I think those scenes will be when Barry suggest they go on a vacation and one scene for when they come back from this off-screen vacation. All that press and interviews, and this is all we are going to see, lol. 

I had a feeling the tradition of Iris/Barry being off-screen for their vacation would continue. Also, Candice did warn us that Iris wasn't really in this episode. 

Vacation is a good way to have the characters off screen if there's another character who needs to take centre stage for the week. And it might be meta that the actors get a vacation. I also wonder if they don't show anything because that would mean eating into the budget more for a tropical destination (or wherever) than dressing up existing sets for "different places" in CC. 

I still wish they had done a "Barry and Iris investigate a meta on honeymoon" episode. That would have been fun and different. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I still wish they had done a "Barry and Iris investigate a meta on honeymoon" episode. That would have been fun and different. 

I want all the Lois & Clark tropes but I know this show will never be that 😢

The WestAllen getaway shouldn't have taken place off screen. They keep exploiting this couple to advance the plot of other characters and that's gross.

Wallace talked about Cisco and Kamilla being a different relationship than WestAllen because of the lack of angst and drama. I accepted it since there isn't much room for levity when Barry is set to die in one month. Except even that isn't true because the vacation is supposed to be fun. So the WestAllen fun moments have to happen off screen but Cisco and Kamilla can be happy and cute on screen?

I don't even want to think about what will happen when Sue shows up. She and Ralph will probably get more than Barry and Iris, especially if Sue is their favorite brand of quirky, white girl.

Moving on. I hope Amunet is connected to the organization that kidnaps and uses metas they introduced in 6x02. Otherwise I don't see the point in bringing her back.

Edited by Starry
  • Love 5

I am glad to hear that Iris is heavily featured in the episode post-crisis. I presume the photos with the superheroes in the crisis means that she will filmed with them at some point, but does not indicate that she is in the crossover.

I like Katee Sackhoff, but not Amunet. It makes sense that she would have connection to the post-crisis big bad which might be the organization kidnapping and using metas. I wonder if the organization has something to do with the Godspeed clones that Barry has been finding. Maybe it has been testing Barry to see if it can stop him.