Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

I hope the ‘bionic pet’ thing didn’t override the good the veteran is doing with making canes for other vets from Christmas trees.  

The ‘bionic pet’ thing .... How could anyone be partial to that versus the unconditional love a fur baby gives to you?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Ellee said:

I hope the ‘bionic pet’ thing didn’t override the good the veteran is doing with making canes for other vets from Christmas trees.  

The ‘bionic pet’ thing .... How could anyone be partial to that versus the unconditional love a fur baby gives to you?

Seriously, the bionic cat even knows how to bury in the litter box - they didn’t say it actually used the litter box, if so, I worry about what is coming out of that end of the cat.

It’s weirdly disturbing- 

• Love 2

giggling .... I started the above post basically for the middle one.  It’s all true. What can I say.   The first I just thought was funny.  

The last one is even funnier.  

• Love 2
On 1/9/2020 at 6:52 PM, Ellee said:

@Ellee - i randomly post but always love your links to positive, fun things.

And I am voting for a better year ...  2019 was a rough year for me personally and the wonderful people on these forums bring joy and light to my life

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

@Ellee - i randomly post but always love your links to positive, fun things.

And I am voting for a better year ...  2019 was a rough year for me personally and the wonderful people on these forums bring joy and light to my life

Hiya, hiya, hiya, @Stats Queen.  2019 is in our rear view mirror.  Yay!

This is the spot that I come to.  Come here and post away. Please. 😁 Right now we are a little beat up but a new day is starting.  😁

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

For some reason, msn.com won't let me watch any of those videos.  I just get an error message "page not available ...".  :~(

Maybe I’m doing something wrong!  Accckkk. 

I will come back later to see what I can do. You know being the computer whiz I am. 😂 I’ll try. 

Anybody with tips will be appreciated. 

How you doing today, Walnutqueen?

Just now, Ellee said:

Maybe I’m doing something wrong!  Accckkk. 

I will come back later to see what I can do. You know being the computer whiz I am. 😂 I’ll try. 

Anybody with tips will be appreciated. 

How you doing today, Walnutqueen?

It's not you - it's me and my ad blocker.  MSN can bite me, I'm not disabling it for even a minute.

Guess I'm a little testy today, @Ellee (how would an outsider know the difference?).  heh.

49 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

It's not you - it's me and my ad blocker.  MSN can bite me, I'm not disabling it for even a minute.

Guess I'm a little testy today, @Ellee (how would an outsider know the difference?).  heh.

I’m in the same mood!  Is there a way I can copy stuff without the ads?  

Ooohhh maybe I can pull off a still picture somehow.  The brothers hugging says it all.   And for Alexis I guess two pics  when she’s getting up after falling and then when she wins the race. 😁

• Love 1

Hi everyone .. hope all of you are healing from last year.  Going for the first of two cataract surgeries Monday.  Maybe I’ll be able to read the info’s on the t.v. Info again.  Anyone happy Vikie and Tamra not coming back on OC ?  Can’t wait for N.Y. to start again.  I don’t know exactly when.   Xo. Silver or Gem10 whoever.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2020 at 9:04 PM, Silver Bells said:

Hi everyone .. hope all of you are healing from last year.  Going for the first of two cataract surgeries Monday.  Maybe I’ll be able to read the info’s on the t.v. Info again.  Anyone happy Vikie and Tamra not coming back on OC ?  Can’t wait for N.Y. to start again.  I don’t know exactly when.   Xo. Silver or Gem10 whoever.

...good thoughts, Gem10! 

• Love 2
On 2/1/2020 at 9:04 PM, Silver Bells said:

I had both eyes done late Sept and early Oct ... I am so very happy. Went from 20/500 to 20/40 in one eye and 20/300 to 20/25 in the other. Did not opt for the fancy lenses. Saw difference as soon as the patch was off the day after surgery. Wishing you a good experience.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I had both eyes done late Sept and early Oct ... I am so very happy. Went from 20/500 to 20/40 in one eye and 20/300 to 20/25 in the other. Did not opt for the fancy lenses. Saw difference as soon as the patch was off the day after surgery. Wishing you a good experience.

My 92 year old father had it done a few months ago, when I got him home he told me he had no idea that his living room was beige, he thought it was grey!  He practically does not need glasses.  We did not use the fancy lenses either, amazing results!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, connieinnc said:

Thank you for your experience.  I couldn’t believe the difference in one day.  The bad eye looked brown and dingy and the newly operated eye looked white, clear and brilliant colors.  The surgery was amazing .. you’re up, but you feel nothing!  I think it’s twilight sleep.  I’m going for the other eye in a couple of weeks.  I told the doctor he was a genius.  He was happy.  Thank you.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My 92 year old father had it done a few months ago, when I got him home he told me he had no idea that his living room was beige, he thought it was grey!  He practically does not need glasses.  We did not use the fancy lenses either, amazing results!

I’m happy for him as he’ll see the t.v. much better now.  I didn’t get the expensive type either.  $2600 more and the insurance doesn’t pay.  These are amazing.  So are the surgeons.  Thanks!  For people who are afraid, don’t be.  It’s nothing, and a quick procedure.

• Love 3

Happy ValentinesDay to everyone.💞🥰. How is everyone?  Anybody know when the New York Housewives are coming back?  I have withdrawal.  I think Tinsley will not be back as Scott supposidely proposed to her.  Maybe she’ll be living in Chicago.  I’ve been watching lots of travel shows like Rick Stevens in Europe.  It’s on Hulu.  Some crappy shows like 90 day fiancé and Married at First Sight.  I’m desperate.  

• Love 4

Well, to be honest, we are cold AF here.  School was called of again today for the temps.  My mom is in town and I’m on a 5 day weekend, so I’m very happy!  Finished making Valentine’s for kiddos class, which is always a battle because he hates writing and still doesn’t read fluently.  Bittersweet tho, because 5th grade is the last year of super cute fun times.  Gonna go get my hair done tomorrow morning, get a mani / pedi with me mum, and then take her out to lunch.  She is not a TV person, per se, but since I was home today I did my usual “live” daytime TV of TPIR, YnR, DOOL, and GH. Then was catching up on NJ housewives and VPR (which she kind of followed along with because she came and stayed with lil guy when I went out to LA last fall and went to Tom Tom and SUR).   It’s funny watching someone watch these shows you are used to but they are not.  The only judgment she had was to ask me please don’t ever plump your lips....I can’t make any promises sorry ma.

• LOL 4

I've talked a little bit about about my daughter coming out last year, when she was 12 as transgender (m2f.) She now has her first middle school boyfriend. It's a boy she's been wating lunch with all year, and she told me about him last weekend, and from their interactions I said it seemed like he was flirting with her. Well, Monday she ups and asks him if he wants to be boyfriend and girlfriend. He said yes. I do not know where she gets her confidence from, but I wish I had a fifth of it.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I've talked a little bit about about my daughter coming out last year, when she was 12 as transgender (m2f.) She now has her first middle school boyfriend. It's a boy she's been wating lunch with all year, and she told me about him last weekend, and from their interactions I said it seemed like he was flirting with her. Well, Monday she ups and asks him if he wants to be boyfriend and girlfriend. He said yes. I do not know where she gets her confidence from, but I wish I had a fifth of it.

That’s awesome sauce!!!!  Go you and her!!!!  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Premiers April 2 (not sure of time - prob 9pm eastern?).  Based on the cast photo (shared in RHONY Media thread), Tinsley is returning.

Oh good.  My favorite.  I just hope they don’t get crazy like OC.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh good.  My favorite.  I just hope they don’t get crazy like OC.

At their worst they couldn't be as bad as OC. 

NY and Atlanta have one thing in common that OC and even BH don't have, and that is women with lives, they do things, hustle, they have interests outside of making money and looking good (sort of with Atlanta, but the women's hustle in Atlanta makes up for it.) They aren't all vapid and useless. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

At their worst they couldn't be as bad as OC. 

NY and Atlanta have one thing in common that OC and even BH don't have, and that is women with lives, they do things, hustle, they have interests outside of making money and looking good (sort of with Atlanta, but the women's hustle in Atlanta makes up for it.) They aren't all vapid and useless. 

Correct.  OC was all about looks.  Tamra with the boobs in the pool got stale and not funny anymore.  Vikie with the whooping it up was old.  Shannon was classy, but turned, and the new one Brownstone I call her was uninteresting.  N.Y.has a certain charm and I love them all.  I will miss Bethenny tho as she was very Whitty and funny.  Very sharp.  I love seeing the City also, as I walked those streets many times, but everything has changed.  Building everywhere.  Plus, I love LuAnn.

• Love 1
(edited)

I had a scam call this morning.  I answered the phone and a voice said “Grandma”?  I said yes, and he said it was Michael, my grandson.   It didn’t sound like him.  I knew it was a scammer and told him so.  He cursed me and said” you fu..kin bitch, and hung up.  I heard they call pretending they are in jail and don’t want to tell their parents, and need money for a lawyer ASAP thru Western Union.  Lots of grandparents fall for it and send the money.  BEWARE.  I don’t know where they get the info from.   How’s everyone?  Ok?   This group is getting smaller and smaller, unfortunately.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I had a scam call this morning.  I answered the phone and a voice said “Grandma”?  I said yes, and he said it was Michael, my grandson.   It didn’t sound like him.  I knew it was a scammer and told him so.  He cursed me and said” you fu..kin bitch, and hung up.  I heard they call pretending they are in jail and don’t want to tell their parents, and need money for a lawyer ASAP thru Western Union.  Lots of grandparents fall for it and send the money.  BEWARE.  I don’t know where they get the info from.   How’s everyone?  Ok?   This group is getting smaller and smaller, unfortunately.

That happened to my parents a few years ago with someone pretending to be my niece - such disgusting people out there.

Silver Bells I hope you are doing okay, I know you’ve been thru a lot lately

• Love 4