Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

My understanding is that WQ is no longer on the forums.

I hate when people here disappear.  Though I will never know you all IRL I feel that I do.   

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hmmm... I was able to post a photo from my phone photo library last month. But now when I try, I see a big, scary exclamation point and this:

You are only allowed to upload 1003.52kB

Would any of you be able to advise me? Thank you! 

My cell photos are also notoriously large when I try to post them here.  There is a site I use to reduce photos when they are too large for here.  It's a couple of extra steps that sometimes discourages me from doing it, lol, but if it is something you really want to post, here's the site:

shrinkpictures.com

You would go to this site, scroll down to the Resize Images box, click on the grey choose file tab, choose the photo from your file, then click on the percentage you wish to reduce by (I generally select 50% by default), you won't need to select the pixels and all of that.  You may even find that you have to downsize to 25%, but that's been rare.  After that, click on the red resize tab.  Scroll back up toward the top of the page, and there will be a link to download the resized image.  You will then find the resized photo in your downloads file (the new image won't be in your pictures or camera roll file, but the original one will be).

It's easy, just several steps and a bit of a pain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 8:36 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Those slippers are so cute! Do you wear them, @Silver Bells?

Yes, I wear them all the time in the house.  $9.99 in Walmart.  I have Uggs slippers that were $60 and the soles are too heavy.  I bought another pair yesterday for next year in Walmart again.  Light as a feather.  I love slippers and nitegowns.  Bought Cuddleduds nightshirts in Kohl’s.  So comfy.  Don’t feel them on at all.  I’m all for comfort .. very twitchy. Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

My cell photos are also notoriously large when I try to post them here.  There is a site I use to reduce photos when they are too large for here.  It's a couple of extra steps that sometimes discourages me from doing it, lol, but if it is something you really want to post, here's the site:

shrinkpictures.com

You would go to this site, scroll down to the Resize Images box, click on the grey choose file tab, choose the photo from your file, then click on the percentage you wish to reduce by (I generally select 50% by default), you won't need to select the pixels and all of that.  You may even find that you have to downsize to 25%, but that's been rare.  After that, click on the red resize tab.  Scroll back up toward the top of the page, and there will be a link to download the resized image.  You will then find the resized photo in your downloads file (the new image won't be in your pictures or camera roll file, but the original one will be).

It's easy, just several steps and a bit of a pain.

I posted a picture one time and it worked perfectly.  Then I did the same thing and a million slippers came on, so that’s that.  Now, I’m afraid to try again.  Very tricky.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I posted a picture one time and it worked perfectly.  Then I did the same thing and a million slippers came on, so that’s that.  Now, I’m afraid to try again.  Very tricky.

Don't be afraid of posting photos on this silly site, lol.  There's plenty out there to be afraid of, this shouldn't be.  Plus, you can delete all of those slipper photos.  I'll help if you're interested.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know if she's okay....just taking a break or what?  Just curious.  Hope she's ok.  

If you’ve noticed, there are lots of people that used to be on here and aren’t anymore.  For instance, “Reality Police” for one.  Last I spoke with her, she was in the hospital .. then nothing.  I hope everyone is o.k.

26 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Don't be afraid of posting photos on this silly site, lol.  There's plenty out there to be afraid of, this shouldn't be.  Plus, you can delete all of those slipper photos.  I'll help if you're interested.

Thank you so much.  If I have anything of importance, I’ll give you a jingle.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

So, my Cardiologist said I needed a water pill and ordered it for me.  My pressure was high. Does anyone here take them?  Are there side affects?  I think it’s Dorinda’s fault.

Hubs takes ones.  Main side affect for him is visiting the potty more frequently.  Your doc may have also prescribed a potassium supplement, as diuretics tend to deplete potassium levels.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, Ellee said:

Same with me, @hoodooznoodooz.   I’m not getting highlights nor does it go to the latest post. 

For a long time now, when I go to my comments, it takes me to about five other comments away, so I have to scroll down to find the right one.  Annoying for at least a year now.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hubs takes ones.  Main side affect for him is visiting the potty more frequently.  Your doc may have also prescribed a potassium supplement, as diuretics tend to deplete potassium levels.  

Thanks.  I took some years ago, but they gave me a headache,so I stopped.  I go at least three times a night anyhow.  When is best to take, morning or night?  Bottle doesn’t say.  

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Thanks.  I took some years ago, but they gave me a headache,so I stopped.  I go at least three times a night anyhow.  When is best to take, morning or night?  Bottle doesn’t say.  

Hubs takes his in the a.m., but check with your Doc.  There may be some reason to take yours at a particular time to maximize effectiveness.

So, my Cardiologist said I needed a water pill and ordered it for me.  My pressure was high. Does anyone here take them?  Are there side affects?  I think it’s Dorinda’s fault.

Family member takes for BP. 12.5 mg 2 X daily. Taking 25 mg 1X daily is common, but it made him very dizzy.

12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I laughed at it being Dorinda’s fault. With the levels of her rage I would think she needs to be on anti anxiety medication, but she drinks so much that mixing them could be deadly for her. She gave me headaches! Thank goodness I don’t know her in person. She would be my definition of a toxic friend. 
Re: the water pills. I took them for awhile. My biggest side effect was having to go more often. I found it best to take them in the am to minimize my having to get up and go all night. It is not unusual for them to be taken in conjunction with BP meds and it does help lower the numbers. I hope they help you. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hubs takes his in the a.m., but check with your Doc.  There may be some reason to take yours at a particular time to maximize effectiveness.

O.k., thanks.  I as so pissed.  I’ve been to a million doctors lately, and my pressure was good and I told him.  I said “why when I come her is my pressure always high?  He replied “ because we have the best equipment”.  WTF is that?  My husband said they are crooks, haha.  Now I have to go back again in 2 weeks.  I hate all this crap.  I know, people have it worse.  Maybe I should start drinking like Dorinda.  Thanks Supr.  I’m whining, I know.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

O.k., thanks.  I as so pissed.  I’ve been to a million doctors lately, and my pressure was good and I told him.  I said “why when I come her is my pressure always high?  He replied “ because we have the best equipment”.  WTF is that?  My husband said they are crooks, haha.  Now I have to go back again in 2 weeks.  I hate all this crap.  I know, people have it worse.  Maybe I should start drinking like Dorinda.  Thanks Supr.  I’m whining, I know.

Have you ever asked them to take your blood pressure again after being there awhile? If it's been fine at other offices and was high when seeing him you may have White Coat Syndrome which is anxiety at the Dr's office that causes a blood pressure spike when it's normal otherwise. Do you monitor your blood pressure at home?

https://www.healthline.com/health/white-coat-syndrome#hypertension

• Love 3

@Silver Bells I agree with @Jaded  Lots of people have white coat syndrome. We now also have worries about *catching something* while waiting (sometimes much to long) to be seen. I’d start taking my pressure at home as per Jaded and present them a record of it being normal until you get thrust into the Dr’s office situation. You can also ask the Dr to please recheck it after you have time to decompress after getting into the room. I once had a pt who had anxiety about her weight and I was required to weigh her every visit. So her BP was always high because she was worked up from being on the scale. If I waited until after our chat (checklists do medications, any new symptoms etc) and retook her BP it was always lower once she relaxed a bit and that nasty bit was behind her. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Silver Bells I agree with @Jaded  Lots of people have white coat syndrome. We now also have worries about *catching something* while waiting (sometimes much to long) to be seen. I’d start taking my pressure at home as per Jaded and present them a record of it being normal until you get thrust into the Dr’s office situation. You can also ask the Dr to please recheck it after you have time to decompress after getting into the room. I once had a pt who had anxiety about her weight and I was required to weigh her every visit. So her BP was always high because she was worked up from being on the scale. If I waited until after our chat (checklists do medications, any new symptoms etc) and retook her BP it was always lower once she relaxed a bit and that nasty bit was behind her. 

Just being in the house with this damn virus is maddening.  Can’t see our kids or grandchildren, the masks, etc is too much already. Plus, the numbers are climbing.  We’ve already decided there will be no Holidays together this year.  Kids in school, some in college can bring the virus home.  At this age, we have to be careful.  It all sucks!  Thank God for t.v. and this I pad.  Watching Drew Barrymore now.  Bethenny was on.  She’s all over the place.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Have you ever asked them to take your blood pressure again after being there awhile? If it's been fine at other offices and was high when seeing him you may have White Coat Syndrome which is anxiety at the Dr's office that causes a blood pressure spike when it's normal otherwise. Do you monitor your blood pressure at home?

https://www.healthline.com/health/white-coat-syndrome#hypertension

I have the machine in the bathroom, but I don’t take it.  I don’t want to get upset.  Isnt that crazy?

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I have the machine in the bathroom, but I don’t take it.  I don’t want to get upset.  Isnt that crazy?

I don’t take mine as much as I probably should. Called my Dr this am about getting an appointment. Since I don’t need blood work she is willing to do it by FaceTime. I’m so happy I don’t have to go in and get exposed to anyone else’s germs. You should inquire to see if any of your Docs are willing to do the same. Stay safe. The holidays are canceled here too. There is less and less to look forward to. I think a lot of it is how the media, for so long, has made it FOMO if we don’t do something special every holiday. 

• Love 1

Now I am wondering about Dorinda and Blue Stone Manor. Is she even going to bother (make her housekeeper) to decorate for both Halloween and Christmas? There won’t be any filming there. She can’t have a big party. I wouldn’t bother. Will the Nutcracker even have the same meaning with nobody there to oooh and aah? 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t take mine as much as I probably should. Called my Dr this am about getting an appointment. Since I don’t need blood work she is willing to do it by FaceTime. I’m so happy I don’t have to go in and get exposed to anyone else’s germs. You should inquire to see if any of your Docs are willing to do the same. Stay safe. The holidays are canceled here too. There is less and less to look forward to. I think a lot of it is how the media, for so long, has made it FOMO if we don’t do something special every holiday. 

The numbers her keep climbing.  I think because the older kids in high school and college are congregating.  Then coming home and bringing the virus in the house.  They could get thru it, but the parents and grandparents are at risk.  I panic whenever I get bronchitis and can’t breathe normally.  I’m staying away, but I miss them.  They call and text, but it’s not the same.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The numbers her keep climbing.  I think because the older kids in high school and college are congregating.  Then coming home and bringing the virus in the house.  They could get thru it, but the parents and grandparents are at risk.  I panic whenever I get bronchitis and can’t breathe normally.  I’m staying away, but I miss them.  They call and text, but it’s not the same.

I’ll write you 

6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

It isn't altogether uncommon for one's BP to be elevated while in a medical setting, due to anxiety, etc., but I'm confident that medical professionals take that into account.  As far as equipment goes, who is to say about that.  My dentist checked mine at my last appt prior to performing a root canal, and they used the same wrist monitor that I use at home.  (I can't tolerate the upper arm cuff).

• Love 4
On 9/29/2020 at 8:55 AM, Silver Bells said:

My blood pressure is always higher at the doctor’s office - I think I get nervous or something.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

My blood pressure is always higher at the doctor’s office - I think I get nervous or something.

Thanks for that.  I’m really trying.  Taking the water pills, no salt at all, everything.  Sorry to bother you all.  I know people have worse problems.

• Love 3
On 9/29/2020 at 8:57 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Pretend the world is perfect. Which Housewife would you choose to spend the holidays with if you had to? 
(meaning without the isolation and living the life)

Ya know, and I can't believe I'm saying this because she's not a favorite, but I don't dislike her either,   Lisa Vanderpump. She's witty, generous, throws a good party, and is mostly polite, with just rnough piss and vinegar to keep from bein bored. My mom is Queen of the sideways jab, makes LVP look like a novice, so I could handle that aspect.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
On 9/29/2020 at 9:57 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Pretend the world is perfect. Which Housewife would you choose to spend the holidays with if you had to? 
(meaning without the isolation and living the life)

Stephanie from RHOD. She’s so nice and her bathroom is basically a spa.

• Love 1

Are any of you spending the holidays with your kids and grandchildren that all go to school yet?  Right now, I’m saying no, but is that right?  I don’t relish the idea of being on a ventilator.  My husband leaves everything up to me.  What’s everyone doing?  My girlfriend has not changed her life at all.  She’s seeing all the kids, going on planes, vacations, everything.

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Are any of you spending the holidays with your kids and grandchildren that all go to school yet?  Right now, I’m saying no, but is that right?  I don’t relish the idea of being on a ventilator.  My husband leaves everything up to me.  What’s everyone doing?  My girlfriend has not changed her life at all.  She’s seeing all the kids, going on planes, vacations, everything.

I sadly don’t have kids (well, now that I’m getting older it is even sadder - because they aren’t adults who will take care of us). 🤣😢
That being said, I am going out more as I’m tired of just existing - I am extremely high Risk and now my hubby has a condition that is putting him at risk.

I missed my niece’s wedding, my SIL funeral (less than a year after my brother, her husband died) because I cannot risk going thru an airport or on an airplane. If is was in driving distance, I would have done it.

If I know I can mange my risk, I will do things, but this sucks as we are on the East Coast, and our immediate families are in the Southwest and the West.

It is such a rough time for everyone in the world. I envy my friends who are going about their lives fairly normally.

5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I sadly don’t have kids (well, now that I’m getting older it is even sadder - because they aren’t adults who will take care of us). 🤣😢
That being said, I am going out more as I’m tired of just existing - I am extremely high Risk and now my hubby has a condition that is putting him at risk.

I missed my niece’s wedding, my SIL funeral (less than a year after my brother, her husband died) because I cannot risk going thru an airport or on an airplane. If is was in driving distance, I would have done it.

If I know I can mange my risk, I will do things, but this sucks as we are on the East Coast, and our immediate families are in the Southwest and the West.

It is such a rough time for everyone in the world. I envy my friends who are going about their lives fairly normally.

Whether there are kids or not involved, there is still a risk wherever you go.  Don’t kid yourself, just because some people have kids doesn’t mean they will take care of them or help them.  My single sister lived right upstairs from my parents and did nothing for them.  I lived one hour away and did their bills, took them to doctors, hospitalizations, etc.  The other sister in Florida hadn’t seen my parents in six years, came to my mothers funeral, but not to my fathers.  Please don’t feel bad, nowadays, kids have their own lives and their own children, and as parents, we have to respect that.  All my husband and I have been doing is go the the store quickly or mostly a doctor, then come home for the day.  That’s it.  No restaurants, nothing.  My eyeballs are falling out from t.v.  Now, the snow will soon be here.  Lovely.  I think most of us are in the same boat unfortunately.  Who knows for how long too.  Now, they are closing more schools here.  Take care. ❤️

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

My girlfriend has not changed her life at all.  She’s seeing all the kids, going on planes, vacations, everything.

This is the first you’ve mentioned that you’re one of Ramona’s fifty girlfriends! 😉

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is the first you’ve mentioned that you’re one of Ramona’s fifty girlfriends! 😉

Speaking of .. I had a dream I was married to Andy Cohen and lived in a big mansion in the Hamptons.  He had a boyfriend and I had a boyfriend, haha.  WTF?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Speaking of .. I had a dream I was married to Andy Cohen and lived in a big mansion in the Hamptons.  He had a boyfriend and I had a boyfriend, haha.  WTF?

That is hilarious!!!

But it also doesn’t sound . . . horrible? A big mansion in the Hamptons (not Quogue) sounds really fun. You get to have a boyfriend!

Unless, once the pandemic ends, Andy starts inviting Frankel over all the time. Dorinda might be there with Dr. Phil. . .

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That is hilarious!!!

But it also doesn’t sound . . . horrible? A big mansion in the Hamptons (not Quogue) sounds really fun. You get to have a boyfriend!

Unless, once the pandemic ends, Andy starts inviting Frankel over all the time. Dorinda might be there with Dr. Phil. . .

True.  Bethenny cooks for him.  Bet Dorinda practically lives with her now in the Hamptons.  Dammit .. ruining the neighborhood.  She probably has everyone bedazzled with her chickens and home town charm.  I thought Dr. Phil was married?

• Love 1

Friday .. I just read in my Long Island newspaper the new lineup for next season.  New Attorney joining the cast.  Ramona, Sonja and Leah staying.  LuAnn PART TIME.  Maybe old news .. I don’t do twitter or anything else.

• Love 1