Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

So, no word from WalnutQueen to anybody?  I sent a PM over a week ago, and no reply.  Sigh.  If anybody finds out anything, please let us know.  She always has such great posts in these forums whether it's about the shows or about her animals.  

I don't think I have visited this thread before, but it is interesting that posters here are wondering about WalnutQueen. A few of us in the Dateline forum have been wondering about her as well. I sent her a PM three months ago and have never had a reply. I hope she is OK - so many of us miss her posts! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

A few of us in the Dateline forum have been wondering about her as well. I sent her a PM three months ago and have never had a reply.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not usually on the Small Talk forums, but it dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't seen her post in the HWs thread, so I looked to see when & where she last posted, and it appeared to be in these forums.  Even though we're all scattered about and don't know each other personally, it does feel like we know each other to some extent after reading each other's posts for many years now.  Many of us came over here from TWoP, so we have been posting a long time!  I sent her a PM about 2 weeks ago, but no response either.  I worry for her and her animals.  

• Love 6
On 5/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, ChitChat said:

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not usually on the Small Talk forums, but it dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't seen her post in the HWs thread, so I looked to see when & where she last posted, and it appeared to be in these forums.  Even though we're all scattered about and don't know each other personally, it does feel like we know each other to some extent after reading each other's posts for many years now.  Many of us came over here from TWoP, so we have been posting a long time!  I sent her a PM about 2 weeks ago, but no response either.  I worry for her and her animals.  

I just came here to ask if anyone has heard from Walnut Queen or Reality Police. I am worried about them.

We had a raccoon on our deck eating the out of the “feral” cats food bowls and made me think of Walnut Queen all the more.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I just came here to ask if anyone has heard from Walnut Queen or Reality Police. I am worried about them.

We had a raccoon on our deck eating the out of the “feral” cats food bowls and made me think of Walnut Queen all the more.

Last time I was on the PM with her, it was Nov. 30th and she was helping me with my technical t.v. Problem, as usual.  She is good like that.  Sometimes in life, there is a glitch, and you just want to take a break from everything, and that’s o.k.  I hope that’s all it is, and she comes back soon.  She’s so popular after all.  Everyone loves her as she is caring, a helper and a sweetheart.  Reality was getting better in the hospital last I spoke with her.  Then, nothing.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

One of my favorite weight-related Corona memes. (Forgive if I've already posted it - mind is a vapid wasteland these days.) 

corona weight gain meme.jpg

No, but really.  This is how bad it’s gotten. 

For the first time in a very long time, I’ve actually contemplated exercising to lose weight.  And the only activity I would really choose is bike riding.  But good luck trying to find a inexpensive bicycle right now.  Out of stock every where!  😫

I also bought a scale today.  But that’s more for my son who is having virtual visits with his psych and we need to monitor his height and weight for med purposes.  

• Love 4

It always seemed pretty apparent that his dog never got proper training.  So sad for that animal.  My daughter & s-i-l got a beagle puppy when the twins were only about 2 yrs old (derp), and he snapped at my grandson I think twice before they made the stellar observation that he wasn't the right dog for their family.  Beagles can be tricky.

16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It always seemed pretty apparent that his dog never got proper training.  So sad for that animal.  My daughter & s-i-l got a beagle puppy when the twins were only about 2 yrs old (derp), and he snapped at my grandson I think twice before they made the stellar observation that he wasn't the right dog for their family.  Beagles can be tricky.

He used to think it was amusing when Wacha snapped at guests on WWHL or people that came to his home. Not so funny now.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

He used to think it was amusing when Wacha snapped at guests on WWHL or people that came to his home. Not so funny now.

Exactly.  And now a dog loses his home of 7 years because his human was an idiot.

• Love 9
On 5/22/2020 at 9:21 PM, geauxaway said:

No, but really.  This is how bad it’s gotten. 

For the first time in a very long time, I’ve actually contemplated exercising to lose weight.  And the only activity I would really choose is bike riding.  But good luck trying to find a inexpensive bicycle right now.  Out of stock every where!  😫

I also bought a scale today.  But that’s more for my son who is having virtual visits with his psych and we need to monitor his height and weight for med purposes.  

I hope he is doing better.  Can’t get a bike anywhere around here.  Maybe you can order on line?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I hope he is doing better.  Can’t get a bike anywhere around here.  Maybe you can order on line?

I’m going to try to shop around some more here now that maybe places have had a chance to re-stock.  I am a huge online shopper but it’s been so long since I’ve owned or ridden a bike I really feel like I need to sit on it etc to make sure it’s a good fit.  Most especially the seat (I’m looking for the biggest grannie seat ever, I have a very bony bottom). 

The good news is that if things stay on track, the kids are expected to start back at the school summer program (child care) and summer school on 7/6.  He just needs to get back to structure and socialization.  Our playgrounds reopened last week so he was super excited about that.  Our HOA pool is open now too.  We are getting there!  Or at least getting better.  Now I just need to be able to see my mom who lives in another state.  🙏🏼

• Love 5

I’ve been watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix, which is pretty nauseating, but I have to say it does give a really nice summary of the difference between Palm Beach and West Palm Bech.

• Love 2

Just turned it on (west coast). She just said she wanted to make a go of it with her babydaddy. Granted, this was 10 years ago, but she still seems rather attached to him.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Happy Camper said:

Love that one, especially when they go to the ranch.

I just recorded “The Women” this afternoon.  I’ll have something to watch after tonight’s housewives disaster.  Lol.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I just recorded “The Women” this afternoon.  I’ll have something to watch after tonight’s housewives disaster.  Lol.

Thanks for reminding me that I own that on iTunes.  Might have to be my pool side entertainment tomorrow.  Friday off of work!  Can’t wait to have some sun and fun.

• Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, ladle said:

I’ve been watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix, which is pretty nauseating, but I have to say it does give a really nice summary of the difference between Palm Beach and West Palm Bech.

I though the documentary was really well done,p. It was beyond nauseating. I knew a lot of the facts but hearing those women share their stories of what happened to them was beyond brave and inspiring and there are probably at least 100 more out there.

• Love 2

I’m repeating myself AGAIN, but for anyone who loves black n white old movies, watch “Saratoga Trunk” starring Ingrid Bergman and Gary Cooper.  I’ve watched about five times in 2 weeks.  It’s got love, laughs and New Orleans and Saratoga, N.Y., plus 2 gorgeous funny stars in it.  It’s really delightful.  Maybe your library has it.  I taped it from TCM.  I’m picking up trashy “Pretty Mess” by Erika Jane from the library.  Have to hear how she hooked Tom, lol., plus I’m desperate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think it's pretty misogynistic to refer to the Housewives as Ho'wives or Hos. Ho is a sexist slur meaning prostitute, whore, hooker, tramp or slut (according to Urban Dictionary). Sure some cast members are more sexually free than others, but isn't that their business? It's not funny.

6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m repeating myself AGAIN, but for anyone who loves black n white old movies, watch “Saratoga Trunk” starring Ingrid Bergman and Gary Cooper.  I’ve watched about five times in 2 weeks.  It’s got love, laughs and New Orleans and Saratoga, N.Y., plus 2 gorgeous funny stars in it.  It’s really delightful.  Maybe your library has it.  I taped it from TCM.  I’m picking up trashy “Pretty Mess” by Erika Jane from the library.  Have to hear how she hooked Tom, lol., plus I’m desperate.

I love the Thin Man series (already did a rewatch during this pandemic), anything Katharine Hepburn, and old musicals (in color for the last, but still).

• Love 6
12 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I love the Thin Man series (already did a rewatch during this pandemic), anything Katharine Hepburn, and old musicals (in color for the last, but still).

I have all Thin Man on my DVR, plus “Alice Adams” with Katherine Hepburn & Fred McMurry.  There’s something about black n white.  In the old movies, the gowns, suits and the way they dressed was amazing, and the hats, lol.  Thank God for Turner Classics.  My kids laugh.

• Love 4

This virus situation is killing me.  As a result, I have two new friends .. HSN and QVC.  I’ve bought three pairs of shoes in the last two weeks.  Good thing I do the bills, hahaha.   How do I get rid of this typo on the I pad?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, Silver Bells said:

I have all Thin Man on my DVR, plus “Alice Adams” with Katherine Hepburn & Fred McMurry.  There’s something about black n white.  In the old movies, the gowns, suits and the way they dressed was amazing, and the hats, lol.  Thank God for Turner Classics.  My kids laugh.

There was this phenomenal new deal theater in norcal that I watched all the thin man movies in. In plush seating with a live piano/organ (can't remember which) player even once. It was awesome. I felt very glamorous.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
(edited)

@gueuxaway .. I know it’s probably too late, but I passed the bycicle store this week (Long Island) and thought of you needing a bike for your son.  There were a gazillion of new bikes all sizes and water bottles, etc all over the sidewalk.  They’re probably shipping them all over the country now.  You probably have one now, but just sayin.   Sorry, geauxaway .. spelled it wrong up there.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

@gueuxaway .. I know it’s probably too late, but I passed the bycicle store this week (Long Island) and thought of you needing a bike for your son.  There were a gazillion of new bikes all sizes and water bottles, etc all over the sidewalk.  They’re probably shipping them all over the country now.  You probably have one now, but just sayin.   Sorry, geauxaway .. spelled it wrong up there.

Funny you should say that (and thank you for being so thoughtful)!  We were out and about shopping yesterday and in Target the bikes are still all cleared out.  It’s crazy.  At this point I’ll probably wait until next spring because he is growing like a weed.  He’s happy with his Razor scooter, and our pool and splash pad at the park are back open so he’s finally getting some activity and stimulation.  ESY (extended school year) starts tomorrow 🙏🏼🤞🏼.   Hope you all are taking care and staying safe and healthy.  I know we are a long way from being out of the weeds, but baby steps are certainly helping morale around our house.  We are being cautious and following the rules (and then some), but feeling a lot less isolated which was killing me.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Funny you should say that (and thank you for being so thoughtful)!  We were out and about shopping yesterday and in Target the bikes are still all cleared out.  It’s crazy.  At this point I’ll probably wait until next spring because he is growing like a weed.  He’s happy with his Razor scooter, and our pool and splash pad at the park are back open so he’s finally getting some activity and stimulation.  ESY (extended school year) starts tomorrow 🙏🏼🤞🏼.   Hope you all are taking care and staying safe and healthy.  I know we are a long way from being out of the weeds, but baby steps are certainly helping morale around our house.  We are being cautious and following the rules (and then some), but feeling a lot less isolated which was killing me.

👍😻

Funny, but in my opinion both had more dignity than blue blood Sonja.

Even with all that ruching, you can still see the outline of Ramona’s belly button and ageless wine gut. 

Sorry for being so mean. I’m in a bad mood, and I’m taking it out on the housewives!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Funny, but in my opinion both had more dignity than blue blood Sonja.

Even with all that ruching, you can still see the outline of Ramona’s belly button and ageless wine gut. 

Sorry for being so mean. I’m in a bad mood, and I’m taking it out on the housewives!

Seriously. It blows my mind that these women wear presumably such expensive clothing but they don't invest in a decent foundation garment, especially Ramona. Even with the volume of the AWG, a good shaper would smooth out the shadow lines.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 8:21 AM, Ellee said:

In another odd post .... I didn’t know Jayne Mansfield was Mariska Hargitay’s mother. 

.... I’ll go away now.

No. When I discovered this, my head exploded. Figuratively, since the Bravo cast usually neglects this adverb.

Is it my phone, or are others experiencing problems with this site? When I click on “Bob Loblaw reacted to this post,” it only brings me to the page of the thread. It doesn’t highlight in yellow. I NEED to see which post, because I am as needy as these narcissists.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have been watching N.Y. Housewives, Seasons 1 to 11 on Hulu.  The BEST ever.  Jill, Bethenny, Jason, Kelly, Mario, etc.  Great filming of the City and Hamptons .. parties, boating.  Everything this season hasn’t, except drinking, getting drunk and craziness.  Plus, Dorinda and Leah aren’t on yet.  “Hello” to @hoodooznoodooz 😻

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 6

Ok, I'm not sure WTH is going on with this year.

As if the Humpback Whale in The Amazon wasn't weird enough:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/science/humpback-whales-amazon.html

Now this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8617699/Son-CARRY-dad-store-launched-tantrum-people-wearing-masks.html

What alternate universe have we morphed into where a son carries his father out of a store for throwing a tantrum?

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My son likes the YouTube channel "Odd1sOut." There's a video about how the quarantine is rotting the YouTuber's brain. He's been watching trash TV nonstop. The name of one TV show is "Rich People Being Awful."

So he watches Bravo too?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

What a huge difference from the first seasons and now.  The editors must be winding this show up as there’s nothing but fighting and drinking.  In the beginning Dorinda was a different person.  Quiet, kind and didn’t interfere.  She was actually likeable.  Now, she is a volcano always waiting to explode on all of them.  If they still keep her, I will be shocked, as she is visibly having a breakdown.  Why do they not see this?  The reunion should be very interesting, especially if Tinsley is there.  I’m sure Dorinda is dreading it.

• Love 3
On 7/28/2020 at 2:32 AM, Adgirl said:

Rewatching my favorite seasons of RHoNY 3&4....boy were things simpler then.

Wasn’t it much better?  Sonja was still in the “I’m somebody” phase and even spoke differently, with dignity.  Now she’s a broken down drunk.  The scenery was better, the parties with all the men at all the nice restaurants, John, Mario, and lots of young guy models they were hanging out with, etc.  Nicer all around.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2020 at 5:21 AM, Ellee said:

In another odd post .... I didn’t know Jayne Mansfield was Mariska Hargitay’s mother. 

.... I’ll go away now.

Not only that, but Mariska and her brothers were asleep in the back seat of the convertible she was riding in when she was killed.  There were stories that Jayne was decapitated, but it's not true.  She was wearing a wig that flew off upon impact.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 1