Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2019 at 5:31 PM, walnutqueen said:

i take great comfort and joy knowing y'all love animals ... and accept the virtual animal lurve (and terroristic threats) being sent my way.

the toughest part (besides keeping him from walking on my sore legs) is making my babalu kitty realize he has to come closer for his regular lovin', since i can't really reach out to him right now.  good thing he seems devoid of criminal intent - he could wreak an awful lot of havoc before i could get to the dreaded spray bottle!!!

WalnutQueen - I apologize for coming late to the "scene" (I've only starting reading this forum on page 36!!), but I have always loved following your content, replies, etc. You've always kept a smile on my face or made me rethink my stance. (My husband read this over my shoulder and said I should warn you that starting to read the forum on page 36 is par for the course. He states I have the patience of a gnat.) ANYHOW, what's going on? Are you or your animals really ill, or was something broken. I apologize if I am making you repeat yourselvf, but what is going on in your life?

Yours... the ever nosy one, Chalby

• Love 2

@Chalby - basically, I fell down and broke my wrist.  The longer version of my stupid story is on the previous page ...

It's nice to see you again!

Also, when you said TWoP, I assumed you meant PTV - it was suddenly merged with this PRIMETIMER site without much warning.  Some changes were made, lots of stuff was archived into "Vaults", and things were lost forever (like all Vaulted forums starting with the letter "M").  We're still all here, though!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On July 19, 2019 at 11:51 PM, Chalby said:

Whatever happened to TWoP? I was with those forums for years, but then my followed content is now under this heading. What happened? Is TWoP still up and running or...?

TWOP closed up a long time ago.  I was a member too.  I think some of the TWOP peeps created PTV here which is now Primetimer.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, AnnA said:

TWOP closed up a long time ago.  I was a member too.  I think some of the TWOP peeps created PTV here which is now Primetimer.  

If you saw the browser, and its bookmarks, on my computer, you would understand. The link is old, and I remember signing on and reading "Television Without Pity" (At least I think that's what was seen.) I then clicked that link (a year ago?) and found myself on Primetime,

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Higgins said:

I hated TWOP for boards on boards demerits. It was over utilized and often confusing.

Seriously, I once got a “demerit” for ‘not properly spacing’ my text on a post there. I’m not even kidding. Those moderators were nuts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, Gem 10 said:

Hey @Walnut and @Reality.    How you doin?  It’s been awhile, and just checking in to see how’s everything.  Xoxo  Gem 10

Don't know if it's me or another Reality you are checking on but I have been very sick. In hospital for 33 days, moved to rehab to prepare for return home. Got some infection that they can't figure out and am back in the hospital. Say a prayer they can figure it out. Just know starting to hold my head up long enough to read. 

I missed you guys!

Sick-Cat-16368.jpg

@hoodooznoodooz   If the book signing was 9-10 years ago, I'd go easy on her.  If it was recent....maybe not so much.

Note ...  I have no clue when B's books came out but if one was right after the Scary Island season, I thought B was a different person then than she is now.

How is everybody doing? 

• Love 4
On 8/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, Reality police said:

Don't know if it's me or another Reality you are checking on but I have been very sick. In hospital for 33 days, moved to rehab to prepare for return home. Got some infection that they can't figure out and am back in the hospital. Say a prayer they can figure it out. Just know starting to hold my head up long enough to read. 

I missed you guys!

Healing thoughts coming your way, Reality!

Here' s what you've missed:  Sonja and her ex are back together, Ramona is going back to school (English Lit) Tinsley got a pixie cut, Bethenny is changing Skinnygirl to Everygirl and Luann quit cabaret!  (Okay, NONE of it is true, but for a minute - a New York minute! - it all sounded pretty exciting, no? Or did I give it all away when I said Luann quit cabaret? ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, film noire said:

Healing thoughts coming your way, Reality!

Here' s what you've missed:  Sonja and her ex are back together, Ramona is going back to school (English Lit) Tinsley got a pixie cut, Bethenny is changing Skinnygirl to Everygirl and Luann quit cabaret!  (Okay, NONE of it is true, but for a minute - a New York minute! - it all sounded pretty exciting, no? Or did I give it all away when I said Luann quit caberet? ; )

Real News, no shit.  Bethenny Frankel not coming back.  She’s gonna “ explore new things”, whatever that means.

On a serious note to Reality Police .. A while back, I tried to send a personal message but it was blocked. I wanted to see how you were doing as I didn’t see you on the boards for awhile, until now.  I’m so sorry you were in the hospital all this time.  I’m sure they are pumping you up with antibiotics.  Miss you too and saying many prayers for your recovery.  I hope you can at least watch all this crapola on Bravo.❤️😍🌹🌷😸🙀😻. Get WELL soon !

Which reminds me also, How you doin @walnutqueen ?  How are YOUR injuries? and are you getting around better?  And how are both of your pussycats getting along?   Luv u both. 💕😸

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

@Mindthinkr .. What do u think of Jerry O ?  I’m liking him.

I have always enjoyed Jerry...over the top and all. I get he isn’t to everyone’s taste, but I can deal with his energy preferring to think of it as his enthusiasm. I’m very sorry that he is not being shown in my tv market as I’d probably get some tickles and laughs out of his behavior and spontaneousness. I understand that he is too much for some, but it takes all kinds to entertain. I also believe given time (and his becoming more comfortable not being worried about whether or not his show will be picked up) he would dial down, pick a lane and be a great host. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Real News, no shit.  Bethenny Frankel not coming back.  She’s gonna “ explore new things”, whatever that means.

On a serious note to Reality Police .. A while back, I tried to send a personal message but it was blocked. I wanted to see how you were doing as I didn’t see you on the boards for awhile, until now.  I’m so sorry you were in the hospital all this time.  I’m sure they are pumping you up with antibiotics.  Miss you too and saying many prayers for your recovery.  I hope you can at least watch all this crapola on Bravo.❤️😍🌹🌷😸🙀😻. Get WELL soon !

Which reminds me also, How you doin @walnutqueen ?  How are YOUR injuries? and are you getting around better?  And how are both of your pussycats getting along?   Luv u both. 💕😸

I don't know why it was blocked..

I missed you all so much. I am in rehab now to build my strength up to go home. So many antibiotics they had to put in a Hickman port.

So glad to be back.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I missed you all so much. I am in rehab now to build my strength up to go home. So many antibiotics they had to put in a Hickman port.

So glad to be back.

We’ve missed you and am so glad you are okay although I know you have had and still have a tough road.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, Reality police said:

I missed you guys!

Sick-Cat-16368.jpg

Oh My Gosh - I didn't realize till just now that you've been sick. I'm glad to read you are mending.

Sending bunny get well quick kisses your way

giphy.gif

(Innocent ones - no tongue like that skank Tamra)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

So glad to be back.

I just tried again 3 times.  It said Reality Police not receiving messages.  Maybe someone else can try?   Tried 4 th time.  It sent, but who knows if u got it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/teen-who-used-coat-to-shield-elderly-woman-from-rain-treated-to-dinner-by-police-officer/ar-AAGLgWh?li=BBnb7Kz

Hiya, everybody. Hope all are well and doing so much better than the last time I was here. 

Posting this for multiple reasons.  Momma must be so proud of her son.  The young man deserves props for doing what he did.  And as an older person .... it’s nice to know there are good kids out there. 

Oh, and I’m a sap.  😁

• Love 5

Very sad - I just learned today Chris March passed away on Thursday.

If any of you watch Project Runway - he was on one of the earlier seasons and his stye was borderline costumey. My favorite was his art deco dress - looked very Empire State Building

He also appeared on RHNY - there was a season Sonja threw a costume party - it was after she fell off the horse and she had a huge bruise on her ass which Jill commented on. Anyhoo, Chris was filmed and went to the townhouse to help Sonja put together/style a costume. Poor man had to walk up those stairs because Sonja said he couldn't use the elevator as it was filled with cleaning supplies

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jay McCarroll designed an art deco dress. Most agreed that the Chrysler building inspired it. 

Including Jay )

Very sad to lose Chris March. He was extremely talented and good-natured. 

He was wonderful - funny and sensitive and gifted - the Chris & Christian dress is still one of my favourites. 

chris and christian.jpg

march and siriano.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

The news of Chris March's passing makes me deeply sad.  I can't say it surprised me, though.  The last few times I saw him on TV, I remember thinking I hoped he was getting some medical attention, because he looked so unwell.  It didn't seem he was happy or comfortable being where he was, and it looked like a struggle for him to move.  I loved his huge talent and his sly humor.  I'm not one of those people who believe he's gone to a better place.  I wish he were still here with us.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

The news of Chris March's passing makes me deeply sad.  I can't say it surprised me, though.  The last few times I saw him on TV, I remember thinking I hoped he was getting some medical attention, because he looked so unwell.  It didn't seem he was happy or comfortable being where he was, and it looked like a struggle for him to move.  I loved his huge talent and his sly humor.  I'm not one of those people who believe he's gone to a better place.  I wish he were still here with us.

I didn't know he had been sick for some time. Back in 2017, while in his apartment he fell and hit his head. See Article attached

https://ew.com/tv/2018/07/02/project-runway-chris-march-accident-details-coma-paralyzed/

The middle dress is the one I was referring to in an earlier post. It's very "Flapperesque"

7e705d9414109be4196d35d2a8ac6d34.gif

• Love 6
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't know he had been sick for some time.

I didn't either.  I mean, I didn't know he was having some specific health issue--not till I read about the fall.  I just meant he looked to be in a lot of discomfort, sweaty, laboring to breathe and get around.  So he might not have been sick-sick, but he definitely didn't look well.  At all.  Thanks for the link, KFB.  He said that he passed out--I assume he meant after he fell, but I have to wonder if he fell because he passed out.  He really did go through hell after that fall.  It's heartbreaking.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I didn't either.  I mean, I didn't know he was having some specific health issue--not till I read about the fall.  I just meant he looked to be in a lot of discomfort, sweaty, laboring to breathe and get around.  So he might not have been sick-sick, but he definitely didn't look well.  At all.  Thanks for the link, KFB.  He said that he passed out--I assume he meant after he fell, but I have to wonder if he fell because he passed out.  He really did go through hell after that fall.  It's heartbreaking.

I do believe he had health issues prior to his accident - most probably to do with his weight. So you're right in him getting sweaty and short of breath.

From the article of describing the fall - I wonder the same as you. I wonder if he had a mini stroke or a stroke. I could see him having all kinds of medical complications (sepsis, etc) if he didn't get to the hospital until 4 days after the fall - and having to call 911 himself because no one checked on him.

I forget if he was on the first or second season. He was really funny.

It's really sad.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2019 at 8:55 PM, Reality police said:

So glad to be back.

Thinking of you.  How are you doing?  Out of the hospital finally?  Hope you are getting better.   

• Love 4
On 9/20/2019 at 10:06 PM, Silver Bells said:

Thinking of you.  How are you doing?  Out of the hospital finally?  Hope you are getting better.   

Out of the hospital and into rehab. Getting better slowly. Will be home hopefully soon. 

Thanks, its nice to be thought about. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Reality police said:

Out of the hospital and into rehab. Getting better slowly. Will be home hopefully soon. 

So glad to hear things are on the upswing, Reality! - here's a puppy break to celebrate getting out of the hospital and into rehab )

tumbling puppy.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Reality police said:

So nice to hear from you again, my friend.  Having gone through some minor health problems myself recently, it makes me acutely aware of how lucky I was to dodge a bullet.  I wish you a miraculous and swift recovery, and am sending warm critter healing thoughts your way (only because I think they have more juice with the Universe than I'll ever get!).  ;~)

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Reality police said:

That's great news! 

Keep healing, my friend!

• Love 6

I'm finally watching the latest season and was surprised that the Countess bought a home in Port Ewen. I grew up upstate - not Ulster County, but I have family there - and my memories of Port Ewen are limited to Wood'n Wheels roller rink. It's been years since I've been there, and with the influx of Manhattanites in places like Kingston, maybe Port Ewen's become more the kind of place where The Countess would feel at home. 

Is anyone here from Ulster County? What's Port Ewen like now?

10 hours ago, Ellee said:

Anyone else besides me that technology has beaten and not really happy about it?

Here's a reason that I am glad to be in the wrong....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/missing-minnesota-boy-6-and-his-dog-found-in-cornfield-by-drone-with-thermal-camera/ar-AAIVJ5U?li=BBnbfcL

Yeah, I remember saying something like "if a drone ever comes on my property, I'll...(insert favorite assault method here)"  They have proven helpful in many circumstances.  Still...

• Love 4

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/8-year-old-hailed-as-hero-for-stopping-potential-school-shooting/ar-AAJn9LR?li=BBnbfcL

Oh ... I don’t know ... help this sap on this one please. 

I am proud of this young child, at his tender age, to do what he did. So very proud. 

My conflict is that his beautiful young face and name is already plastered in the news.  Yes, he deserves acknowledgement but in this world today with all the crazies it scares me that some idiot will .......don’t even want to type it.  

Am I focusing too much on the negative here and not what is really important — a young child did the right thing and what he was taught to do?

• Love 2

Lol, this sap may be driving everyone away.  Last one I promise.  This was such a wonderful idea and it doesn't have to be a wedding day.  If I would have thought of something like this I would have video of my parents to look at now.  I'm an old fart .... and .... you always need your parents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/daughters-stage-wedding-photo-shoot-and-first-dance-with-dying-dad/ar-AAJp4iG?li=BBnbcA0

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Ellee said:

Lol, this sap may be driving everyone away.  Last one I promise.  This was such a wonderful idea and it doesn't have to be a wedding day.  If I would have thought of something like this I would have video of my parents to look at now.  I'm an old fart .... and .... you always need your parents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/daughters-stage-wedding-photo-shoot-and-first-dance-with-dying-dad/ar-AAJp4iG?li=BBnbcA0

Share the happy and sappy all you will!  I'll go out on a limb and say that we all need as much of that as we can get~

• Love 6

It's in our forecast here in northern Indiana also, though only an occasional flurry.  As much as I dislike the hot/humid summer we had, I'm not ready for snow and the grey permacloud that we'll be living under for the next five months.  I'm with Lucy.

snow meme lucy.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

We are probably at an inch and a half. Don’t think more but it is still coming. When the city has trucks out and businesses are having their lots done you know you are screwed. 

Accckkkkk.