Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

In Illinois, just off 80  

It’s stopped now.  Saw my first accident too. Two vehicles - a pickup truck and a small SUV thing.  

Oh the fun we have in the Midwest.  Someone said we’ve got more maybe later today and then again tomorrow. I refuse to look. 

And, for those of you concerned, I behaved myself. I didn’t scream, cuss or carry on. Kind of proud of myself. 😁🙄

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ellee said:

In Illinois, just off 80  

It’s stopped now.  Saw my first accident too. Two vehicles - a pickup truck and a small SUV thing.  

Oh the fun we have in the Midwest.  Someone said we’ve got more maybe later today and then again tomorrow. I refuse to look. 

And, for those of you concerned, I behaved myself. I didn’t scream, cuss or carry on. Kind of proud of myself. 😁🙄

I saw where you all got accumulation.  I'm about 100 mi. east of Chicago, right on 80/90 also.  Almost neighbors.

• Love 2

Funny to look back at these polls from previous seasons. I never realized how popular Heather was!

Note: For some reason the bottom of each page pops up. You have to scroll back up to the top of each page linked. On a couple of them click on "Show Results".

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/29845-season-7-who-is-your-least-favorite/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-2438713

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/30272-season-7-who-is-your-most-favorite/?tab=comments#comment-1469291

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/60361-who-would-you-like-to-see-return/?tab=comments#comment-3534636

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/47368-who-should-stay-and-who-should-go/?tab=comments#comment-3444543

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

😡😡🤬  WHO DOES THESE THINGS?????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/newsfeature/dog-who-was-chained-up-in-the-snow-finally-realizes-hes-safe/ar-BBX3wan?li=BBnbcA0

eta:  Would it be wrong of me to offer to meet them in the backyard, by the crates there?  Maybe they can move a little straw for me before we talk.

etaa:  Is this stuff really happening or am I just the sap that clicks on it and gets upset?

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 5

@walnutqueen  I'll be right there!!!  I admit that I don't look good in orange or for that matter a jumpsuit but I like the idea of your list. 

(ummm.... pretend there is an angelic looking emoji if there is one. )

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 4

Not to worry - I've gotcha covered got your back.

I watch A LOT of true crime in addition to all my animal rescue shows.  Way back when Dateline covered the murder of Betsy Faria, we posters knew a certain Pam Hupp got away with murder.  A poster said that Karma would get Pam Hupp in the end.  I said the Bitch better hope I'm not diagnosed with a terminal illness, lest I change my name to Karma and hunt her down.  Thus, my "kill if I'm dying" list was born.  I quickly realized I hate animal abusers even more than garden variety murderers, so my list was revised, and has become somewhat popular in "certain circles". Let's just say some of us might know a little suntheen about how to get away with murder ...   ;~)

• Love 4

But on the upside, there are groups in almost every state now that help to free these poor pups.  I just looked at YouTube to see if I could still find the video of Mona, the first dog we chipped in for, and to my amazement it's still there!  I can't watch without choking up.  Some people are just cruel, but some want to have a dog, don't have money for a fence, and maybe don't know any better about how to be proper owners.  (I'm being generous here.)  So these angels step in, put up a fence and a doghouse, and cut the chain.  It's a great feeling to watch the dogs take their first playful leaps of freedom.

• Love 7

I just watched a 'Murder for Hire' episode.  It was in Iowa.  A man decided he was going to hire a hit man to kill his partner, his wife and two children (ages 4 & 2 at the time.)  He contacted a known conman.  The conman went to the police,  The hitman he hired was a policeman.  Needless to say, the hit didn't happen but a new plot was born.  From inside jail he tried to hire a hitman to kill the cop, the conman and his wife.  Yep, you got it.  The hitman he hired was another cop. 

I've tried to find all these type of forums but I'm hit and miss on finding them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

I just watched a 'Murder for Hire' episode.  It was in Iowa.  A man decided he was going to hire a hit man to kill his partner, his wife and two children (ages 4 & 2 at the time.)  He contacted a known conman.  The conman went to the police,  The hitman he hired was a policeman.  Needless to say, the hit didn't happen but a new plot was born.  From inside jail he tried to hire a hitman to kill the cop, the conman and his wife.  Yep, you got it.  The hitman he hired was another cop. 

I've tried to find all these type of forums but I'm hit and miss on finding them. 

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/2691-general-true-crime-shows/page/138/?tab=comments#comment-5766287

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/8458-2020/page/30/?tab=comments#comment-5761986

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/546-48-hours/

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/545-dateline/

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/30232-deadline-crime-with-tamron-hall/?tab=comments#comment-4556080

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/31144-homicide-hunter-lt-joe-kenda/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-5765383

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/88776-people-magazine-investigates/?tab=comments#comment-5764689

I could go on ...

Be careful what you wish for!!!    ;~)

• Love 3
On 7/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, walnutqueen said:

next day I found out i have a broken wrist (left, luckily) cracked kneecap, and some nasty wounds on the other other leg.  nurse wrapped my temporary splint so tight my fingers were turning blue, so I had to rewrap it myself.  oh, and thanks to the goddamned opiod crisis, all i have for pain relief is Tramadol, which does less than baby aspirin for me.  so i am icing everything. and typing one-handed; pardon the non-capitalization. allegedly, i am supposed to see an orthopedic surgeon, if my cheapo hmo ever gets their shit together.

fuck me!!!   it ain't easy opening cans of cat food one-handed ...   good thing my kitty stands still for his insulin shots, even without the neck pinch!   :~)

[/whiney rant]

I’m right behind ya.  Tripped in my Doctor’s waiting room head first into the wall, doctor ran out and called ambulance and off I went again to my second home .. Emergency.  After head ct scan and xrays for breaks all over, I got 35 stitches in my left knee and they put a contraption on that I can’t even navigate on, so I took it off and flung it across the room.  Now, I’m confined to my recliner for a good long time.  This stupid knee thing is worse than my back and two hip replacement surgeries.  Plus between all the other bruises, I now feel like I’ve been hit with by a truck.  Merry Christmas to all.  One good thing .. they did give me opiods in hospital .... wheeeee!  I was floating, for awhile anyway.   Silver Bells (Gem 10) formerly.

Edited by Silver Bells
3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

At times like these, it really sucks getting old and brittle.

You ain’t kidding.  You have to be careful with every step.  A knee problem is a bitch.  Can’t bend it, so I have to pee standing up, lol.  Thoroughly disgusted.  Did they give you that stupid knee brace to keep the leg straight?  I took it off as you can’t move around with it on.

• Love 2

I have a knee brace from a previous injury, which allowed me to bend my knee enough to drive if I loosened the straps slightly.  Hated it, but it did help when walking.

Ice that knee and make everyone wait on you hand and foot.  Also, wear jitney diapers so you don't have to hobble to the bathroom and pee standing up.  ;~)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

😢😢😢 

I will be looking for the posts that say ‘Life has turned around and I’m better now.  Will keep you both in my prayers  

Signed, 

A Sap that believed the golden years would truly be golden 

PS  Need to look up jitney diapers.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ellee said:

😢😢😢 

I will be looking for the posts that say ‘Life has turned around and I’m better now.  Will keep you both in my prayers  

Signed, 

Jitney diapers = diapers Sonja wears commuting to the Hamptons.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I have a knee brace from a previous injury, which allowed me to bend my knee enough to drive if I loosened the straps slightly.  Hated it, but it did help when walking.

Ice that knee and make everyone wait on you hand and foot.  Also, wear jitney diapers so you don't have to hobble to the bathroom and pee standing up.  ;~)

Good tips, thanks.  Everyone around here getting a little testy, as I was chief cook, bottlewasher, SLAVE.  Lol.

• Love 2
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jitney diapers = diapers Sonja wears commuting to the Hamptons.

LOL!  I think I joked about them then when I was teasing about Sonja ‘negotiating’ her next contract at BravoCon.  The use was not as intended. 😇😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Ellee said:

😢😢😢 

Signed, 

Me too.  I think they were probably named after Sonja Morgan who took the jitney to the Hamptons maybe??  Oh, walnut was probably joshing.  Here I thought they were really called Jitney diapers, haha.  I could just see my husband asking for them in CVS.  And them laughing.  He’s even having trouble asking for gauze and elastic wrapping tape. Lol

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Me too.  I think they were probably named after Sonja Morgan who took the jitney to the Hamptons maybe??

Yup.  Because she thinks steeping her own ass in urine soaked diapers for the hours-long ride to the Hamptons is preferable to hovering said ass over the jitney toilet to pee.

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yup.  Because she thinks steeping her own ass in urine soaked diapers for the hours-long ride to the Hamptons is preferable to hovering said ass over the jitney toilet to pee.

The Jitney bus bathrooms were probably cleaner than her bathrooms in the Morgan broken down townhouse.  BTW, can’t wait for the N.Y. housewives.  Wish Andy would put Kelly Dodd on, as that would really be interesting.  Unless, she breaks her engagement and goes back to the OC.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The Jitney bus bathrooms were probably cleaner than her bathrooms in the Morgan broken down townhouse.

But ... but ... but

Didn’t Sonja use her toilet to wash some of her delicates?

And I’m pretty sure it is Sonja that uses other bathrooms for the usual hookup location.  Or wait ... is that LuLu?   Hmm .. no LuLu takes over someone else’s hotel room I think.  

I don’t know.

🙂 😀 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

And I’m pretty sure it is Sonja that uses other bathrooms for the usual hookup location.  Or wait ... is that LuLu?   Hmm .. no LuLu takes over someone else’s hotel room I think.  

I don’t know.

🙂 😀 😁

Sonja broke her bathroom sink by having sex on it - allegedly.  

Brandi Glanville had sex in Kyle Richards' daughter's bathroom - allegedly.

Cary Deuber's huzzbin blew guys in the Roundup bathroom - allegedly.

Dorit did blow in someone's bathroom - allegedly.

And of course Kim Richards does all sorts of things in the bathroom - but I doubt any of it is sexual.

And I could live happily ever after in Stephanie's Dallas bathroom for the rest of my life, as long as I don't have to watch butt sex.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Does anyone watch Escape to the Chateau: DIY? Stephanie Jarvis reminds me of a more grounded, but still kind of ridiculous Sonja. EttC: DIY is the spinoff of Escape to the Chateau, which is about an English couple who buy a French chateau, work on fixing it up, and begin a bed and breakfast/events location business in the chateau. Part of the reason why the couple moves to this derelict chateau is because if you're up for some diy work, you can buy a chateau for cartoonishly cheap. The couple bought their 45 room chateau for €280,000. The closer you get to €1 million+, the less work the property will require. However, almost all of the people featured on the show who are rehabing the chateaus have these armies of unpaid volunteers who get room and board to help fix the places up.

https://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/escape-to-the-chateau-231/

Stephanie is constantly fixing up her chateau, which she purchased for around €500,000, in designer clothing and it's completely ridiculous.

I found this artist who does faux taxidermy with fabric and resin. I think it would be amazing for The Fish Room.

https://www.littlestagstudio.com/about

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

But ... but ... but

Didn’t Sonja use her toilet to wash some of her delicates?

I don’t know.

🙂 😀 😁

Sonja apparently uses the bathroom for everything, like multitasking.  Maybe next she will use the toaster oven while doing her business.   Nothing surprising with that ditz.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She used her bidet for delicates and dishwasher for sex toys. 

Sex toys in the dishwasher, with the drinking glasses and utensils.  Nice way for a guest to catch who knows what after eating a sandwich at her house.  Yikes!

• Love 3

HAPPY HOLIDAYS a and a good and safe New Year to all the posters I know, and don’t know.  Settling in to my recliner with some good books and my Netflix and Hulu which I now understand after my granddaughter came and showed me everything.  My firestick is all I needed as she does everything on command, no less.  I’m going to throw her sister Alexa out, as she was confusing me.  I watched “Holiday in Handcuffs” 50 times already on Hulu (thanks @Walnut Queen).  Love u all.😻🎄❄️☃️🍸2020❤️

• Love 6

Merry Christmas to all! 

And here’s to 2020 being the best year of all of our lives with even better years to come. 

Sappy McSap here wants to thank all of you for giving her a place to come to smile, giggle, and laugh as well as the opportunity to support you all when life kicks us in the butt.  And it did non-stop in 2019 for me at least.  

giggling here ... I would love to hear stories from those that had a good 2019.  Maybe I’ll look differently at the year.  Never know. 😁

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Ellee said:

giggling here ... I would love to hear stories from those that had a good 2019.  Maybe I’ll look differently at the year.  Never know. 😁

I was on the same train as you in 2019, and then my great grandson came, 5 weeks early.  Though still in the NICU (born on Friday the 13th), he's expected to be released very soon.  We're hoping he'll be home by Christmas.  It helped to turn around a nasty year.  2020 just has to be better.

Wishing everyone here a lovely, tolerable holiday, and a peaceful 2020.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was on the same train as you in 2019, and then my great grandson came, 5 weeks early.  Though still in the NICU (born on Friday the 13th), he's expected to be released very soon.  We're hoping he'll be home by Christmas.  It helped to turn around a nasty year.  2020 just has to be better.

Oh ...a new grandson.  Is there anything better than a baby to hug and love.  I hope you live close by them.  And more importantly you share each milestone.  I can guarantee my smile will be as wide as your’s.  Yep, nothing better. 

Here’s to him being home for Christmas!!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Oh ...a new grandson.  Is there anything better than a baby to hug and love.  I hope you live close by them.  And more importantly you share each milestone.  I can guarantee my smile will be as wide as your’s.  Yep, nothing better. 

Here’s to him being home for Christmas!!  

We're about 2-1/2 hours away, so yes, fairly close.  Thanks Ellee!

Still shaking my head about the link in the previous post.  Who knows what those ruffians would have done anyway if they realized their target had a whole dollar in his pocket. Some are hellbent on making life bad.

Here is another link.  It’s very short but this young man cried, really cried when being united with his fur baby after 3 years. His fur baby cried too. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/dog-whines-with-joy-seeing-owner-after-3-years/vi-BBYqLHh

Yay for them getting together again. Yay for the man having a good heart. 

• Love 4
On 12/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I sent congratulations on your baby boy to Ellee by mistake (on meds).  My last grandchild, a boy was also born 5 weeks early .  When I went into NICU, all I saw was a lump wrapped in blanket with tubes going in n out, and the biggest full head of pitch black hair sticking up.  I was hysterical crying with joy.  He was there a couple of weeks also and came home before Christmas.  He’s 6 now and perfectly fine.  Congrats to you all and God bless the little one. 💕

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I sent congratulations on your baby boy to Ellee by mistake (on meds).  My last grandchild, a boy was also born 5 weeks early .  When I went into NICU, all I saw was a lump wrapped in blanket with tubes going in n out, and the biggest full head of pitch black hair sticking up.  I was hysterical crying with joy.  He was there a couple of weeks also and came home before Christmas.  He’s 6 now and perfectly fine.  Congrats to you all and God bless the little one. 💕

Thank you so much!  He came home yesterday!  He's perfect~ 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thank you so much!  He came home yesterday!  He's perfect~ 

Oh ... that makes my day ... my year even!!!!  Here is to the best life ever to him and all of our young ones!!

Speaking of the NICU ... I remember someone (either here or in an article) that volunteered to help take care of, love these little babies as they work to get better from a rough start in life. I’m sure her presence gave immeasurable support to the families.   Still have to work but the moment I can I would like to volunteer like this.  I really would.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, film noire said:

..congrats to you and yours, SuprSuprElevated - a wonderful start to the New Year!

Thank you!  It definitely puts a positive light on an otherwise ... challenging year.

9 hours ago, Ellee said:

Oh ... that makes my day ... my year even!!!!  Here is to the best life ever to him and all of our young ones!!

Speaking of the NICU ... I remember someone (either here or in an article) that volunteered to help take care of, love these little babies as they work to get better from a rough start in life. I’m sure her presence gave immeasurable support to the families.   Still have to work but the moment I can I would like to volunteer like this.  I really would.  

Thanks much Ellee.  Appreciate your enthusiasm for our little boy.  

• Love 3