Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Is it in the Library?

I have no idea about your local library. I can’t recall where I saw it first, but I rented it from Amazon the second time. (They said it was for 24 hours but I can still pull it up and watch months later). Then I did break down and buy a hard copy. I would be willing to make you a copy and mail it to you for free, but you’d have to be willing to give me your info...on PM. I’m very into privacy, but it’s your choice.  I could watch it again tomorrow. Don’t know why, but it resonates in me besides the soundtrack being so good. 

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have no idea about your local library. I can’t recall where I saw it first, but I rented it from Amazon the second time. (They said it was for 24 hours but I can still pull it up and watch months later). Then I did break down and buy a hard copy. I would be willing to make you a copy and mail it to you for free, but you’d have to be willing to give me your info...on PM. I’m very into privacy, but it’s your choice.  I could watch it again tomorrow. Don’t know why, but it resonates in me besides the soundtrack being so good. 

I appreciate you willing to go to the trouble, but I did see it on Amazon and probably will order it with my next list of things to buy.  Thanks so much.  It was really nice of you to offer.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ugh. Now they’re changing the name of this site?

10 hours ago, Reality police said:

Just came back on and saw it. Oh well, as long as it works I can deal.

The name change doesn't bother me as much as the format changes.     This new format really sucks.  I can't get used to it and I gave up trying.    The one thing they accomplished is I spend a LOT LESS time here than I used to.

ETA:   The name change is OK.  At least Primetimer makes sense.  PreviouslyTV did not.  Does anyone know what that was supposed to mean?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

ETA:   The name change is OK.  At least Primetimer makes sense.  PreviouslyTV did not.  Does anyone know what that was supposed to mean?

I thought that was a weird name selection too since it includes daytime tv, books, sports, movies...pretty much anything you want to chat about. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

The name change doesn't bother me as much as the format changes.     This new format really sucks.  I can't get used to it and I gave up trying.    The one thing they accomplished is I spend a LOT LESS time here than I used to.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought that was a weird name selection too since it includes daytime tv, books, sports, movies...pretty much anything you want to chat about. 

Maybe they were trying to be ironic. Very few of us are still viewing our favorite shows during the prime time hours. 

previouslytv kind of makes my head hurt as well. At the beginning of a lot of TV shows they announce, “Previously, on - -“ The Big Bang Theory, A Million Little Things....

And maybe it was a nod to the fact that the site previously was called Mighty Big TV and Television Without Pity?

In any case, I think the site names are pretty clunky. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5

While we're speculating about the name.......initially I thought PreviouslyTV may have started out dedicated to old shows, that were on TV previously.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, AnnA said:

While we're speculating about the name.......initially I thought PreviouslyTV may have started out dedicated to old shows, that were on TV previously.

Oooh, I like that theory. 

But then it wasn’t. 🤷‍♀️ I am stumped. 

• Love 3
(edited)

What is the "sections" tab all about?    Did we have one with the old format?  If we did I don't remember it.    I just clicked on it and got lost.   It took me a few minutes to find my way out.   Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is its purpose?   

ETA: I would ask in the Suggestions/Bugs Forum but I'm not waiting for my post to be screened and approved by a mod.    That's ridiculous!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Ladies, unfortunately, I have to go shopping for a funeral dress tomorrow. One of my oldest and best friends passed away this week. I HATE cancer. So unfair. I haven't really processed it, but, I need to get something to wear to his Prayer Service. I don't really know what that is, but, plan to attend.   But, what do you wear before your legs have any sun at all? I'm not comfortable with self tan and no time to set appointment for spray tan.  I want to wear skirt or dress.  I don't even own any hose. Do people wear them anymore? I do have some tights, but, it's going to be 75 degrees here (NC). Just wondering.......maybe, pants would be safer plan. The service will be in the funeral home. I expect there to be many professionals there, including a large family and a large crowd. I'm not vain about it, but, want to look respectful. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ladies, unfortunately, I have to go shopping for a funeral dress tomorrow. One of my oldest and best friends passed away this week. I HATE cancer. So unfair. I haven't really processed it, but, I need to get something to wear to his Prayer Service. I don't really know what that is, but, plan to attend.   But, what do you wear before your legs have any sun at all? I'm not comfortable with self tan and no time to set appointment for spray tan.  I want to wear skirt or dress.  I don't even own any hose. Do people wear them anymore? I do have some tights, but, it's going to be 75 degrees here (NC). Just wondering.......maybe, pants would be safer plan. The service will be in the funeral home. I expect there to be many professionals there, including a large family and a large crowd. I'm not vain about it, but, want to look respectful. 

First -- sorry for your loss. Losing a pal is hard.

Since you are going out to shop anyway:  stop by one of the chain drugstores in your area (CVS, Walgreens etc) and pick up 2 packs of inexpensive pantyhose (yes, they are still available.) Get them in a nude or tan or whatever is closest to your nat'l skin tone.  Get a backup pair and put them in your handbag (this is a wise purchase as, inevitably, runs happen at the most absurd moment). Something like L'eggs or the house brand should allow you to get away for $10-$12 total. It will create an overall more-polished look, esp if your legs are still superwhite (I speak from experience 😕).

Tights might be too hot and you don't want to be uncomfortable while paying respects to your friend's memory.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, SCS said:

First -- sorry for your loss. Losing a pal is hard.

Since you are going out to shop anyway:  stop by one of the chain drugstores in your area (CVS, Walgreens etc) and pick up 2 packs of inexpensive pantyhose (yes, they are still available.) Get them in a nude or tan or whatever is closest to your nat'l skin tone.  Get a backup pair and put them in your handbag (this is a wise purchase as, inevitably, runs happen at the most absurd moment). Something like L'eggs or the house brand should allow you to get away for $10-$12 total. It will create an overall more-polished look, esp if your legs are still superwhite (I speak from experience 😕).

Tights might be too hot and you don't want to be uncomfortable while paying respects to your friend's memory.

Great Suggestion!

• Love 1

Thank you all for your kind words.  Man, life is so precious. We are certainly missing an angel now.  I do have faith that I will see him again one day.  I am a little concerned that I'm going to sob through it though.  I'm NOT a very outwardly emotional person, but, with this.........omg.  It's hit me hard.  One of those things that I'm just going to try to get through it. 

I will take the suggestions into consideration.  Maybe try them and see what feels best. No one will probably notice, but, you know.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thank you all for your kind words.  Man, life is so precious. We are certainly missing an angel now.  I do have faith that I will see him again one day.  I am a little concerned that I'm going to sob through it though.  I'm NOT a very outwardly emotional person, but, with this.........omg.  It's hit me hard.  One of those things that I'm just going to try to get through it. 

I will take the suggestions into consideration.  Maybe try them and see what feels best. No one will probably notice, but, you know.  

If you sob, you sob. Your tears will represent wonderful sustaining memories as well as loss.

• Love 5

Back in the day (my day anyway), ladies always wore dresses or at least skirts with hosiery and heels to funerals. Now, nice pantsuits are seen more and more. They’re more comfortable, no panty hose required (yay!) and are perfectly acceptable. Believe me, the other folks there are more concerned with the deceased and his family than with what you happen to be wearing. I’m so sorry you lost such a dear friend. This is happening to too many of our family and friends these days. 

• Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 12:08 AM, Reality police said:

Just came back on and saw it. Oh well, as long as it works I can deal.

Before you had to sign in again after the change, the print went all across like it used to be.  Then, as soon as I signed in, it went back to the new way with all the ads all over the place, dammit.  So annoying.If it ain’t broke, don’t mess with it, but they did.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve been to a few lately in N.Y.  I wore black slacks and a white lace blouse.  Most of the women wore black slacks.  Anything goes now.  The widows had on black pants suits.

• Love 1

Yes, there are way too many people we are losing. Over the last couple of weeks.....I bought 5 sympathy cards and I need some more.  I'm not kidding. People of all ages, 80's, 40's, 50's, a teen and an infant! It's unreal.  I think I'm in the denial stage, but, that's okay.  I'm going to just try to give it time and deal with it later on.  Not sure if that's healthy, but, it's the best I can do.  I had actually sworn off attending any more funerals, but, I have to for this dear friend.  Our mutual friends will all be there and we need each other. And, if he's looking down on us, I want to show him how we are doing this together. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 4/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mindthinkr said:

@Mindthinkr ... My husband went to pick up a couple of books for me at the library this morning and got “the Red Violin” CD.  We watched it together, and it was very gripping from start to finish.  We loved it.  Thanks for the tip.  If your local library doesn’t carry it, they will get it from another, for anyone that is interested.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

@Mindthinkr ... My husband went to pick up a couple of books for me at the library this morning and got “the Red Violin” CD.  We watched it together, and it was very gripping from start to finish.  We loved it.  Thanks for the tip.  If your local library doesn’t carry it, they will get it from another, for anyone that is interested.

I’m so glad that you both enjoyed it. I try to tell people about it, but because it doesn’t involve sex, violence and a full on murder/mystery story most people aren’t interested. It’s just a beautiful story about a rare violin. Good tip about getting it from your local library. 😊

• Love 3

Anyone watching “Game of Thrones”?  I started watching three episodes.  Very gripping, but I don’t know if I can go on.  I’m crying over the pet white wolf already.  

Another thing.  Anyone read the life story of Elvis & Percilla Presley?  The one that another author wrote?  I’m very surprised at how they both were in certain circumstances, especially him.  I’m going to read the auto bio Percilla wrote, which is probably totally different.  Anyone a fan?  I love him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Anyone watching “Game of Thrones”?  I started watching three episodes.  Very gripping, but I don’t know if I can go on.  I’m crying over the pet white wolf already.  

Another thing.  Anyone read the life story of Elvis & Percilla Presley?  The one that another author wrote?  I’m very surprised at how they both were in certain circumstances, especially him.  I’m going to read the auto bio Percilla wrote, which is probably totally different.  Anyone a fan?  I love him.

I've watched Game of Thrones since Day 1, and did a binge rewatch of all 7 seasons just before the premiere of the final Season 8, which aired last Sunday.  I really do love the series, but there are some very brutal scenes that are tough to watch.  I must say I prefer the binge watch; it's hard to remember details from one week to the next, much less for the year or more between seasons.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I've watched Game of Thrones since Day 1, and did a binge rewatch of all 7 seasons just before the premiere of the final Season 8, which aired last Sunday.  I really do love the series, but there are some very brutal scenes that are tough to watch.  I must say I prefer the binge watch; it's hard to remember details from one week to the next, much less for the year or more between seasons.

I’m going on.  Watching all day.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m going on.  Watching all day.

Good for you!  Once I got started, I couldn't stop, except to fix a bite to eat and catch a few catnaps.  I was totally immersed in that fantasy world - and I'm definitely NOT a fan of fantasy.  ;~)

I don't think you'll be disappointed - it's an epic story with fascinating characters (many of whose names I had trouble remembering, but their storylines were awesome).

Coincidentally, I'm just now watching StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson, and he's interviewing George R.R. Martin, the creator of GoT, and other experts.  I'm finding out all kinds of stuff about science, medieval history and folklore as it applies to Game of Thrones.  Very cool!

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Good for you!  Once I got started, I couldn't stop, except to fix a bite to eat and catch a few catnaps.  I was totally immersed in that fantasy world - and I'm definitely NOT a fan of fantasy.  ;~)

I don't think you'll be disappointed - it's an epic story with fascinating characters (many of whose names I had trouble remembering, but their storylines were awesome).

Coincidentally, I'm just now watching StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson, and he's interviewing George R.R. Martin, the creator of GoT, and other experts.  I'm finding out all kinds of stuff about science, medieval history and folklore as it applies to Game of Thrones.  Very cool!

Interesting.  I just told my granddaughter who’s starting college, take European History, Art History, any science,  music, as electives.  There’s so much to know.  I wish I had the opportunity at the time.  Kids nowadays have so many nice things to learn.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It get's worse. I think I made it through two seasons. The rapes and incest and incestuous rapes were too much.

• Love 3

I can't do GOT.  Just too heavy.

I did start watching 'Mom' this winter and I love this show.  It actually makes me laugh out loud.  And...I love Alison Janney.  She was great in The West Wing.

I'm going to order Hulu so I can watch from the beginning.  I also want to watch Killing Eve Season One. 

• Love 3

All this non married widow talk about B just drags up so many memories for me right about now.  Good Friday was the night my fiancée was killed in an auto wreck.  2 months before our wedding.  And yes, we were for real engaged, had been through a year of pre Cana and everything.  It fucking sucks.  15 years later and I’m fine, then I’m driving my kiddo home from football practice and there’s a minor wreck on the street by our house and I am shaking.  I would never wish on anyone even Bethenny what I had to deal with.  Changing your wedding floral order to funeral flowers was AWESOME!  Also returning and canceling everything that was paid for.  Sorry to go on.  It just strikes a chord with me this time of year.  Life is great now, tho!!!

41 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I can't do GOT.  Just too heavy.

I did start watching 'Mom' this winter and I love this show.  It actually makes me laugh out loud.  And...I love Alison Janney.  She was great in The West Wing.

I'm going to order Hulu so I can watch from the beginning.  I also want to watch Killing Eve Season One. 

I need to start watching Mom.  I see the bits and pieces and know I would love it.  Been watching Raymond on TV land recently and it still cracks me up.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

All this non married widow talk about B just drags up so many memories for me right about now.  Good Friday was the night my fiancée was killed in an auto wreck.  2 months before our wedding.  And yes, we were for real engaged, had been through a year of pre Cana and everything.  It fucking sucks.  15 years later and I’m fine, then I’m driving my kiddo home from football practice and there’s a minor wreck on the street by our house and I am shaking.  I would never wish on anyone even Bethenny what I had to deal with.  Changing your wedding floral order to funeral flowers was AWESOME!  Also returning and canceling everything that was paid for.  Sorry to go on.  It just strikes a chord with me this time of year.  Life is great now, tho!!!

I need to start watching Mom.  I see the bits and pieces and know I would love it.  Been watching Raymond on TV land recently and it still cracks me up.  

I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I'm just so sorry for what you have gone through.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I'm just so sorry for what you have gone through.

Thank you, but so much time has passed, to be honest this year the actual date went by and I was like OMG!   My heart was truly broken, tho. I have never been able to be functional in a relationship since then.  All I ever wanted was to be married and have babies.  Neither happened.  I am a mom now, but still have never landed a guy who could put up with me 🙄😉.   I live every day being thankful and happy!  🌸

• Love 10

I feel like such a downer.  Can I tell a funny story??? Let me confess, since we are in the season of reconciliation.  I am making a cannoli cheese cake for Easter, and I do NOT have the time or patience to hunt down cannoli shells for the crust so I grabbed kiddo’s box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and ground that to make the pie crust 🙄🙄🙄.   Shhhhhhh!!!!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Thank you, but so much time has passed, to be honest this year the actual date went by and I was like OMG!   My heart was truly broken, tho. I have never been able to be functional in a relationship since then.  All I ever wanted was to be married and have babies.  Neither happened.  I am a mom now, but still have never landed a guy who could put up with me 🙄😉.   I live every day being thankful and happy!  🌸

And people think they have problems.  I’m so sorry for your heartbreak.  Unimaginable.  ♥️

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It get's worse. I think I made it through two seasons. The rapes and incest and incestuous rapes were too much.

Yeah .. I went to bed depressed after watching all day.  The men in those days .. marry and then screw everything in sight.  That was the way.  I doubt I can continue.  I’m more the “musicals” and romance type.  I was told by many you either love it or hate it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I feel like such a downer.  Can I tell a funny story??? Let me confess, since we are in the season of reconciliation.  I am making a cannoli cheese cake for Easter, and I do NOT have the time or patience to hunt down cannoli shells for the crust so I grabbed kiddo’s box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and ground that to make the pie crust 🙄🙄🙄.   Shhhhhhh!!!!  

Let us know how they turn out (and if everyone was fooled)!  Big Ang (Mob Wives) told a story of how,once when she had run out of breadcrumbs, she used Wise potato chips instead to make her meatballs; She said they were the best meatballs she ever made and everyone raved about them 😄

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Then I doubt Game of Thrones would be your cup of tea.  I like dark & twisty, so it's right up my alley!  

Yes, it is dark.  After one season, I think I’ve had it.  I’m gonna watch “Hello Dolly” now, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Let us know how they turn out (and if everyone was fooled)!  Big Ang (Mob Wives) told a story of how,once when she had run out of breadcrumbs, she used Wise potato chips instead to make her meatballs; She said they were the best meatballs she ever made and everyone raved about them 😄

It’s what’s inside that counts .. cannoli cream, the best.

• Love 4

Can I just say how much I enjoy posting and reading all your posts here?

I also am in the Facebook group for real Housewives and Bravo junkies and it’s much more enjoyable in this forum.  They are so mean in junkies!    It’s like living in a troll farm for punishment!  I joined to catch all Bravo news media in one place but I will never comment on anything there. 

But...here?  Sometimes we disagree on subjects on occasion but always respectfully and with no harm intended.  It’s fun!  Thus why I didn’t want posts of a “political” topic inserted, but overall, we still handle such heated topics like adults.  

THANK YOU! 😊

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Can I just say how much I enjoy posting and reading all your posts here?

I also am in the Facebook group for real Housewives and Bravo junkies and it’s much more enjoyable in this forum.  They are so mean in junkies!    It’s like living in a troll farm for punishment!  I joined to catch all Bravo news media in one place but I will never comment on anything there. 

But...here?  Sometimes we disagree on subjects on occasion but always respectfully and with no harm intended.  It’s fun!  Thus why I didn’t want posts of a “political” topic inserted, but overall, we still handle such heated topics like adults.  

THANK YOU! 😊

What do the people on that community think about Nene Leakes? Everywhere I looked it seems like well over 90% of viewers want her gone. I think she should be fired, but the rumors are she is coming back. If she is, I’m not.....

(thanks for putting up with the trolls)

• Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 1:08 AM, geauxaway said:

I feel like such a downer.  

I don't think you're a downer at all. You suffered a brutal loss and shared it with other people and that's never a negative thing, imo (and your cheesecake sounds YUM ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

What do the people on that community think about Nene Leakes? Everywhere I looked it seems like well over 90% of viewers want her gone. I think she should be fired, but the rumors are she is coming back. If she is, I’m not.....

(thanks for putting up with the trolls)

I would say the majority view is anti Nene, but some of those posters are so viscous they make Nene appear demure in my mind!  It’s just that they cut to the chase and go for the jugular straight away.  There seems to be a group of them that tag each other when a poster dares to have a different opinion so they are all on alert to pounce over the comment thread.  I’d say about about a quarter of the membership has group think mentality.  Overall, it’s a good one stop source if you avoid the commentary.  😧😳

• Love 4
8 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't think you're a downer at all. You suffered a brutal loss and shared it with other people and that's never a negative thing, imo (and your cheesecake sounds YUM ; )

I agree.  You’ve suffered too much.  There has to be good things to come when you least expect it.  Keep the faith.  Xo

• Love 3

I'm going to New York between May 15th and 19th. Happy Mother's Day to me!

A lifelong friends invited a few girls to NY, but she and I will have Wed. night and most of Thursday alone. We've bought tickets fir a day tour on Thursday which is going to be bus and Ferry. We will see everything!

So, what I want to know is where I can go for the most likely to have a housewife sighting?

• Love 4