Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm going to New York between May 15th and 19th. Happy Mother's Day to me!

A lifelong friends invited a few girls to NY, but she and I will have Wed. night and most of Thursday alone. We've bought tickets fir a day tour on Thursday which is going to be bus and Ferry. We will see everything!

So, what I want to know is where I can go for the most likely to have a housewife sighting?

A Countless & Friends show?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A Countless & Friends show?

I'm not sure if I can sell anyone else on that, but I'll look. I've been once before, but only had time to see one show because I was working. I know want to see a Broadway show again, the Countess would cut into that budget.

• Love 1

ShawnaLanne, last year we went to New York and before we left I posted in this thread asking where to eat and what to do (and also where to see HWs) and helpful, kind posters gave a bunch of suggestions. It starts on about page 18 of this thread (and somewhere in there is Kung Fu Bunny's awesome story about meeting Ramona!) and goes on, messages interspersed, for a few pages. There were lots of helpful NY tourist suggestions, plus some HW spotting tips that you just can't find on Trip Advisor!

I hope you have a wonderful time! (How could you not tho!) If you are interested in the 8 hour bus tour we took, let me know and I'll look up the name (that was the guide who was a native New Yorker, loved his city and who spoke like this: Awww youze guys, get outtta here, etc. It was awesome!)

• Love 4
On 4/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Let us know how they turn out (and if everyone was fooled)!  Big Ang (Mob Wives) told a story of how,once when she had run out of breadcrumbs, she used Wise potato chips instead to make her meatballs; She said they were the best meatballs she ever made and everyone raved about them 😄

Ok, it’s been a long week!  My family loved the pie, but if you ask me it was way too sweet.  The crust, I mean.  All I could taste was cinnamon and sugar.  Next time I know what I would modify.  It was delicious but not to MY standard.  🙄.   My best compliment was from my 23 year old nephew who told me “I’ve never had a cannoli.”  I wanted to faint, he even blushed.  He said they never made them for me!!!!  He also packed up my to go plates.  Note to self, don’t let college football player pack up your leftovers.  I think he put 1/4 of this ham in my stash.  Love this boy!  That’s why he is my son’s godfather.  I’m praying over him now as he waits for his med school acceptances. We will find out in a month where he is headed, it’s east coast or here.  🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Auntie Acid has some funny stuff. 

OMG the millennial that I mother over at work had allergies today.  He took a Benadryl at 10 AM.  AT WORK.  Oh, son.....

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 4
On 4/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, Jel said:

ShawnaLanne, last year we went to New York and before we left I posted in this thread asking where to eat and what to do (and also where to see HWs) and helpful, kind posters gave a bunch of suggestions. It starts on about page 18 of this thread (and somewhere in there is Kung Fu Bunny's awesome story about meeting Ramona!) and goes on, messages interspersed, for a few pages. There were lots of helpful NY tourist suggestions, plus some HW spotting tips that you just can't find on Trip Advisor!

I hope you have a wonderful time! (How could you not tho!) If you are interested in the 8 hour bus tour we took, let me know and I'll look up the name (that was the guide who was a native New Yorker, loved his city and who spoke like this: Awww youze guys, get outtta here, etc. It was awesome!)

Thank you Jel. I remember that post now. I'll go back and check it out. I'd also ask you about the tour but we've already booked ours. It's a six hour tour and it will be between bus and Ferry. We'll go past Rockefeller Center the something something cathedral and a bunch of other stuff and then be able to see the Statue of Liberty and the 9/11 memorial. I want to catch a show and eat lots of good, hit at least one museum and go to Brooklyn.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

A lifelong friends invited a few girls to NY, but she and I will have Wed. night and most of Thursday alone. We've bought tickets fir a day tour on Thursday which is going to be bus and Ferry. We will see everything!

So, what I want to know is where I can go for the most likely to have a housewife sighting?

Even tho I live in N.Y., the bus tour is still my favorite thing.  The housewives are all over.  My kid just saw Ramona walking her dog on 77th street off second avenue.  They are either in the village or uptown.  Why don’t you go to the Regency and kick Tom in the ass.  Lol.  Ask Kung Foo ..she knows everything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Dammit !  Back to watching GOT here and there.  I was interested in seeing what happened to certain characters I have grown to like.  Plus, my Grandson told me I HAD to watch the “Red Wedding”.  OMG.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Dammit !  Back to watching GOT here and there.  I was interested in seeing what happened to certain characters I have grown to like.  Plus, my Grandson told me I HAD to watch the “Red Wedding”.  OMG.

Don't say you weren't warned ...  ;~)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, walnutqueen said:

Got to hand it to you.  U were right.  It is addictive even if it’s gory.  Its the characters you get hooked on.  For some reason, I likes the blonde Queens husband.  Samoa or something is his real name.  A hunk.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Got to hand it to you.  U were right.  It is addictive even if it’s gory.  Its the characters you get hooked on.  For some reason, I likes the blonde Queens husband.  Samoa or something is his real name.  A hunk.

Jason Momoa.

I'm not a fan of gore, but the characters had me hooked from the very beginning, and it is their storylines I have enjoyed for all these years.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Jason Momoa.

I'm not a fan of gore, but the characters had me hooked from the very beginning, and it is their storylines I have enjoyed for all these years.  

Are you itching for another picture of Momoa? I'll be glad to post one for you and @Gem 10!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Are you itching for another picture of Momoa? I'll be glad to post one for you and @Gem 10!

YES !   He’s my new crush.  Dangerously handsome.  Married to Lisa Bonet.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Hi Shawnalanne

I haven't been on this thread for a while so I didn't realize you were coming to NY - woo hoo for you!

You should try to see The Vessel at Hudson Yards and walk the High Line

I don't know where these ladies hang other than what they've shown on the show. Ramona lives in the UES - upper 70's around 2nd Ave, Dorinda is now not UES but Midtown East, she moved down towards 54th, Sonja is supposedly around Columbus Circle but she might actually just be creeping around her townhouse like Mrs Haversham. Bethenny is in SOHO - Spring and Broadway. Luann is probably hiding in Noels dorm room. Maybe you can drop by Madame Paulettes - John's place where you might see Dorinda.

How about crashing Beautique - hah

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Thanks, but I had my moment, and am over it.  But I'm sure @Gem 10 would appreciate your generosity.

ETA: Jinx!  We posted simultaneously ...

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

46 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

39 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

32 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Jason Momoa.

6 minutes ago, Reality police said:

1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

YES !   He’s my new crush.  Dangerously handsome.  Married to Lisa Bonet.

GOT as done by the 30 Second Bunnies Troupe

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Reality police said:

You owe me a coke!

Sorry, I only have Pepsi in the fridge - regular, never diet - and I already went out for groceries this week (there's a reason my 2005 vehicle only has 35K miles).  Raincheck?

• LOL 3
14 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Sorry, I only have Pepsi in the fridge - regular, never diet - and I already went out for groceries this week (there's a reason my 2005 vehicle only has 35K miles).  Raincheck?

You are my people. I prefer Pepsi, don't drink diet ever, and we may drive the same car! I'm a southern girl, we call all soft drinks coke or dope!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Thank you Jel. I remember that post now. I'll go back and check it out. I'd also ask you about the tour but we've already booked ours. It's a six hour tour and it will be between bus and Ferry. We'll go past Rockefeller Center the something something cathedral and a bunch of other stuff and then be able to see the Statue of Liberty and the 9/11 memorial. I want to catch a show and eat lots of good, hit at least one museum and go to Brooklyn.

That sounds like the same kind of thing we did -- lots of stuff covered. We really enjoyed it, and I hope you do, too!

Have a fantastic time! Where are you guys staying? We stayed midtown, Embassy Suites -- great free breakfast buffet and a manager's night every evening, very nice staff. If you don't have a hotel selected yet, I can definitely recommend that one.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hi Shawnalanne

I haven't been on this thread for a while so I didn't realize you were coming to NY - woo hoo for you!

You should try to see The Vessel at Hudson Yards and walk the High Line

I don't know where these ladies hang other than what they've shown on the show. Ramona lives in the UES - upper 70's around 2nd Ave, Dorinda is now not UES but Midtown East, she moved down towards 54th, Sonja is supposedly around Columbus Circle but she might actually just be creeping around her townhouse like Mrs Haversham. Bethenny is in SOHO - Spring and Broadway. Luann is probably hiding in Noels dorm room. Maybe you can drop by Madame Paulettes - John's place where you might see Dorinda.

How about crashing Beautique - hah

Did Andy Cohen say that WWHL films down on Vandam and Hudson?

4 hours ago, Jel said:

That sounds like the same kind of thing we did -- lots of stuff covered. We really enjoyed it, and I hope you do, too!

Have a fantastic time! Where are you guys staying? We stayed midtown, Embassy Suites -- great free breakfast buffet and a manager's night every evening, very nice staff. If you don't have a hotel selected yet, I can definitely recommend that one.

My friend got a gorgeous AirBNB for $110 a night between each of us, other women are coming, in Manhattan.

Oh I just thought of it. Me and Tracie are the first to arrive, she arranged the accommodations, but I'll Ramona the second best room!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 4/22/2019 at 4:39 PM, Ellee said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mom-to-spend-30-days-in-jail-for-running-over-son-who-authorities-say-didnt-want-to-go-to-school/ar-BBWbuWR?li=BBnbcA1

I haven’t been around and then I post THIS!  

90 frigging days with all but 30 suspended. Unbelievable. 

The judge should be required to serve the 60 days he suspended.

That poor child. 😢 

I'm going to be that asshole.

He is his mother's son. Who holds on for 150 ft? I'm not blaming the kid because... he's a kid. However, he's 9 not 6. He's old enough to know he probably should have let go. It's clear they are both unbelievably stubborn people. Unfortunately mom is his mom, an adult, and the one operating the vehicle so the onus is on her to not seriously injure her son while calling his bluff. I don't I've ever seen something that was a real world example of an Arrested Development "lesson."

And this why you don't take parenting tips from sitcoms where everyone is a narcissist or a sociopath, but yeah that mom is actually pretty terrible.

23 hours ago, geauxaway said:

OMG the millennial that I mother over at work had allergies today.  He took a Benadryl at 10 AM.  AT WORK.  Oh, son.....

I know some people don't get drowsy from benadryl. I am not one of those people. However, my allergies are so catastrophically horrible that when my allergens are in the air I can take megadoses of benadryl with no drowsiness. They've been bad the last couple of days and it's been miserable until I figured out that the dose I needed was 11 benadryl every 4 hours on top of all my other allergy meds and my weekly allergy shots, which have yet to actually improve anything. Benadryl is also the only thing thst helps with my weirder symptoms. Anyway...I'm just bitching to bitch.

@HunterHunted I was just about to mention allergy shots then I saw you’re on them already. How long have you been on them? Since you’re going weekly, are you still building to maintenance? I’ve been on them for a number of years and they’ve been a total lifesaver for me, but it can take awhile. My allergist did “rapids,” where you have a bunch of shots in one day to get to maintenance more quickly, but it still took a good nine months before I stopped taking a ton of allergy meds. I hope you start feeling better soon. 

• Love 2

@MrsWitter I've been getting the shots for almost 3 months. I'll have ask about rapids. Thanks!

I have a friend of a friend who has the same symptoms that I do. Luckily her company transfered her to a different part of the country. She was going through the TSA security line when they pulled her out because they were afraid she was carrying something contagious or was in the middle of a medical emergency because she was covered in severe hives from head to toe. I get hives too, but I'm Black so the hives aren't as noticeable. Hers are red and angry and so painful looking. They thought she had active measles. They pulled her aside and wouldn't let her fly until a doctor examined her and consulted with her physicians. Once she finally arrived at her destination, everything cleared up in 24 hours.

Thanks once again!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@MrsWitter I've been getting the shots for almost 3 months. I'll have ask about rapids. Thanks!

I have a friend of a friend who has the same symptoms that I do. Luckily her company transfered her to a different part of the country. She was going through the TSA security line when they pulled her out because they were afraid she was carrying something contagious or was in the middle of a medical emergency because she was covered in severe hives from head to toe. I get hives too, but I'm Black so the hives aren't as noticeable. Hers are red and angry and so painful looking. They thought she had active measles. They pulled her aside and wouldn't let her fly until a doctor examined her and consulted with her physicians. Once she finally arrived at her destination, everything cleared up in 24 hours.

Thanks once again!

I’m sorry- hives totally suck. I still get them very occasionally, but not not like I used to. I have mostly “indoor” allergies- animals, dust, etc, but my allergies intensified when I moved from a high elevation area back to sea level (no dust mites above certain elevations, I learned). Some allergy offices seem very opposed to rapids and some do them regularly. I imagine it can partially depend on what you’re allergic to and the severity of symptoms. My office called them rapids, but a lot of medical professionals also refer to it as “rush immunotherapy” if you’re googling. I still have skin/contact allergies (immunotherapy doesn’t work for them), but my other allergy symptoms are greatly reduced. Again, sorry you’re not feeling well and I hope you get some relief soon. I know how horrible it can feel to have chronic inflammation from allergies (or other illnesses).

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, IKnowRight said:

I also am in the Facebook group for real Housewives and Bravo junkies and it’s much more enjoyable in this forum. 

IME private facebook groups are dumpster fires because people only join so they can be garbage human beings without being held responsible for the awful things they say.

I just watched a great movie on Showtime Demand (drama) with Natalie Portman and Lisa Kudrow called “the Other woman”.  Worth watching.  Taken in N.Y. City.  Need tissues.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

@Gem 10, I didn't want to put this in the episode thread, but you must see the rhonj Margaret and hubby push Marty in the pool. Wait for Marge's comment at the end. Best HW quote of the year. 

https://preview.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/margaret-josephs-pushes-danielle-staubs-estranged-husband-in-the-pool-during-wild-rhonj-finale/vi-BBTEgZa

I don’t believe you read my mind.  I call a friend who watches Jersey and asked her what season and episode it was as I don’t watch.  Jersey wasn’t on demand.  Here you came with the link.  Thanks so much.  I’ll watch now.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t believe you read my mind.  I call a friend who watches Jersey and asked her what season and episode it was as I don’t watch.  Jersey wasn’t on demand.  Here you came with the link.  Thanks so much.  I’ll watch now.

Holy Smokes .. what woman would do that to a man no less.  Ouch!   Funny.  She’s a spitfire.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Beware, I'm in your head! Want me to sweep out the cobwebs while I'm here?😉😸💕💋

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Beware, I'm in your head! Want me to sweep out the cobwebs while I'm here?😉😸💕💋

Yeah.. I am kind of fuzzy.  That was a good surprise👍  Now I’m watching that train wreck 90 day fiancé and reading at the same time.  I’m multitasking, but in a lazy way, lol.

• Love 2

@walnutqueen .. What the heck!  Sunday’s episode of GOT.  I couldn’t see anything .. it was so dark.  I asked my Grandson was that on purpose, and who died as I couldn’t make out the person as it was so dark.  Hard on the ole eyes, but the attack scene was amazing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

@walnutqueen .. What the heck!  Sunday’s episode of GOT.  I couldn’t see anything .. it was so dark.  I asked my Grandson was that on purpose, and who died as I couldn’t make out the person as it was so dark.  Hard on the ole eyes, but the attack scene was amazing.

Yes, it was too dark to see much (although some posters with a better TV and the skills to adjust settings perfectly claim they were able to see more than most of us).  One trick is to watch after dark with all the lights out - I'm going to try this on my rewatch.  But this is probably the first time ever that I wasn't complaining about night scenes - I was so damned anxious that I didn't WANT to see all the gore and death.  If it weren't for my cat saving me, I might've stroked out ; as it was, my limbs were actually weak from the prolonged adrenaline during this episode.

That said, I was dreading the wholesale slaughter of too many of my favorite characters, so I was pleasantly surprised not to lose more of them.  This being GoT, I don't expect the trend to last for the final episodes ... :~(

• Love 3

OK, so I know a little suntheen about some birds.  And I can totally relate to Bethenny's reaction to them at that artist's place.

When I was doing wild bird rescue & rehab, my mentor also had 22 rescued birds in her house - macaws, cockatoos, african greys, eclectus, various greens, lorikeets, conures, etc., and I spent many happy hours bonding with them.  The house was so loud that the husband often wore hearing protection earmuffs while preparing their nighttime meals.  Many of them screamed in delight whenever I showed up, and I had a special schtick for each and every one of them, from soft whispery crooning to loud and raucous singing, based on what they liked and responded to.  Their human caretakers were more than happy to have me rile them up and give them the love and attention they craved and responded to.

Also, some of them were incorrigible flirts, and a few even considered me suitable mating material.  Oliver the little green lori flew to me whenever he was let out of his cage, and constantly nuzzled and fussed over me (OK, he also perched on my head and dry humped me, but not in a creepy way).  My special boyfriend was a brilliant African Grey named Willow, who had an uncanny Radar Love connection with me.  My mentor told me he's start sing-songing my name before my vehicle even turned down their street, and I was the only person he didn't try to bite (well, except gentle love bites).  He behaved like a shameless fool around me, finding endless clever ways to attract my attention and entice me to his cage.  When he overheard me telling my mentor how my beloved soulmate kitty would gently pat my face with his paw, Willow promptly started gently caressing my face with his talons.  When he started trying to feed me from his own mouth, my mentor told me it was mating behavior, and that we were practically engaged.  Who knew?

When wildfires threatened their home and my mentor was away in Costa Rica, they all evacuated to my house, and the birds weren't in the least bit traumatized to be in unfamiliar surroundings - they were excited to have a field trip to Casa de Deplorable, and were on their best behavior.  They already knew my purse kitten Babalu, who went with me everywhere back then, and he played with them all day and slept on their carriers when we put them to bed at night.

Sadly, my mentor disengaged from wild bird rescue after a serious health crisis, and then disengaged from the world (and me) after suddenly losing her beloved husband.  So now I have to get my bird fix at Petsmart and BirdWorld.  An injury also sidelined my wild bird rehab, although occasionally random people who remember me will still call me to rescue an injured or orphaned wild bird.  And I still respond; to rescue, triage, and transport the bird to the rescue organization's headquarters.

Dang - I just typed the longest post in my PTV history.  My poor arms are probably as tired and aching as your poor eyes are if you bothered reading this.  Sorry 'bout that - I do get carried away when it comes to the critters ...

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

OK, so I know a little suntheen about some birds.  And I can totally relate to Bethenny's reaction to them at that artist's place.

When I was doing wild bird rescue & rehab, my mentor also had 22 rescued birds in her house - macaws, cockatoos, african greys, eclectus, various greens, lorikeets, conures, etc., and I spent many happy hours bonding with them.  The house was so loud that the husband often wore hearing protection earmuffs while preparing their nighttime meals.  Many of them screamed in delight whenever I showed up, and I had a special schtick for each and every one of them, from soft whispery crooning to loud and raucous singing, based on what they liked and responded to.  Their human caretakers were more than happy to have me rile them up and give them the love and attention they craved and responded to.

Also, some of them were incorrigible flirts, and a few even considered me suitable mating material.  Oliver the little green lori flew to me whenever he was let out of his cage, and constantly nuzzled and fussed over me (OK, he also perched on my head and dry humped me, but not in a creepy way).  My special boyfriend was a brilliant African Grey named Willow, who had an uncanny Radar Love connection with me.  My mentor told me he's start sing-songing my name before my vehicle even turned down their street, and I was the only person he didn't try to bite (well, except gentle love bites).  He behaved like a shameless fool around me, finding endless clever ways to attract my attention and entice me to his cage.  When he overheard me telling my mentor how my beloved soulmate kitty would gently pat my face with his paw, Willow promptly started gently caressing my face with his talons.  When he started trying to feed me from his own mouth, my mentor told me it was mating behavior, and that we were practically engaged.  Who knew?

When wildfires threatened their home and my mentor was away in Costa Rica, they all evacuated to my house, and the birds weren't in the least bit traumatized to be in unfamiliar surroundings - they were excited to have a field trip to Casa de Deplorable, and were on their best behavior.  They already knew my purse kitten Babalu, who went with me everywhere back then, and he played with them all day and slept on their carriers when we put them to bed at night.

Sadly, my mentor disengaged from wild bird rescue after a serious health crisis, and then disengaged from the world (and me) after suddenly losing her beloved husband.  So now I have to get my bird fix at Petsmart and BirdWorld.  An injury also sidelined my wild bird rehab, although occasionally random people who remember me will still call me to rescue an injured or orphaned wild bird.  And I still respond; to rescue, triage, and transport the bird to the rescue organization's headquarters.

Dang - I just typed the longest post in my PTV history.  My poor arms are probably as tired and aching as your poor eyes are if you bothered reading this.  Sorry 'bout that - I do get carried away when it comes to the critters ...

People like you are what makes the world go 'round, for me anyway.  I admire your dedication to those creatures less able.  I especially admire your affinity for birds, which I have to admit, I am only willing to feed and admire from a distance.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I came in here just for this story and I was not disappointed! Birds are amazing and have the most interesting personalities. My grandmother had birds and boy did they love to chat with humans.

• Love 4
On 5/1/2019 at 5:20 AM, walnutqueen said:

That was a beautiful story.  I always say, “you can’t fool an animal or birds” in this case.  They instinctively know who cares for them.  What happened to them when your friend couldn’t keep them anymore?  Where did they go?  To the rescue?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

That was a beautiful story.  I always say, “you can’t fool an animal or birds” in this case.  They instinctively know who cares for them.  What happened to them when your friend couldn’t keep them anymore?  Where did they go?  To the rescue?

The wild birds went to other rehabbers, and to the wildlife rescue headquarters.  She found homes for a few of her rescue parrots with family and friends, and kept the rest.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

The wild birds went to other rehabbers, and to the wildlife rescue headquarters.  She found homes for a few of her rescue parrots with family and friends, and kept the rest.

You..my dear are a gem