Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

They have!  We just got a notification last week that it was going down by $2.  How unusual is that?

There's a British series called Blue Murder that I watched recently.  I wasn't expecting a lot, but it stars Caroline Quentin, who I loved when she co-starred in Jonathan Creek (about a crime-solving magician) and also because she looks exactly like my longtime best friend, who I sadly don't see anymore.  It surprised me by being a lot better than I expected.

There are two seasons of Thorne, which is very good.  Waking the Dead is about 11 or 12 seasons, I think.  A bunch of old ones--Second Sight, Touching Evil.  Bodyguard was excellent.  Secret City is an Australian series that's having its second season sometime soon.  And Shetland is just about perfect.

I'm about to pop for BritBox, since it seems to have more of the things I'm interested in than Acorn, but we'll see.

If Scott & Bailey were on an endless loop on my TV, I'd be perfectly happy.

P.S.  If my house burned down and I had to go live with Reality Police, I think we'd be great roommates.  We definitely wouldn't argue about TV shows.  📺

Haha .. I’m dizzy from all this information.  There are so many good choices.  We should all go to Reality’s place ... ONLY if Patrick is there !

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I loved them and it also.  Leave it to Bravo to cancel a good one.

Speaking of Bravo, did anyone watch “Watch What Happens” last week with Dr.Oz and Pashma something from food channel?  We couldn’t believe our ears.  Slob Andy, and even Pashma and the Dr. we’re talking about semen and everything you can do with it.  Even my husband was shocked.  They are very raunchy on that show and filthy.  I like Andy, but him and his whole bunch of friends, like Howard Stern are too much.  I don’t know, but maybe I’m from the generation that doesn’t talk about that stuff.  I can’t believe that Andy has all those good guests on who also talk like him.  Gross.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Reality police said:

Don't know your age but I couldn't resist this pic. No offense intended. 

None taken.  That would be you and me on the ends and my husband in the middle.  (He'd need a place to live, too, if I burned down the house.)  I loved The People's Couch, especially those three.  I thought it did well in the ratings, but . . . sigh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

None taken.  That would be you and me on the ends and my husband in the middle.  (He'd need a place to live, too, if I burned down the house.)  I loved The People's Couch, especially those three.  I thought it did well in the ratings, but . . . sigh.

As long as he bartends! I loved that show too. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Reality police said:

Netflix has a good mix of movies, old and new, tv shows, old and new, some good original programming. I like hulu for catching up on current tv shows and some good Aussie tv. Packed to the Rafters is a good one. Hulu is growing and getting more variety. I am looking into Acorn and/or Britbox for my British appetite. 

I am fortunate that when i got sick my best friend bought me a firestick and added his hulu and Netflix for me. Love you Patrick! 

If you get a Firestick there are a lot of channels that come with it. I am finding stuff on IMDB channel that i love. Tubi is another good free one. 

Hope this is helpful. Any questions I will do my best to answer. I am learning every day. 

p.s. There are cats shows that the girls love to watch!😸😸

Britbox is worth it if you love British shows. I first started with britbox just to have up to date coronation street episodes. But there are so many good mysteries/detective shows. 

• Love 4
(edited)

@suprsuprelevated.     The forum is so wonky since the upgrade.    It saved my post before I got a chance to finish it and then wouldn't let me edit it.

anyway..........once upon a time we had "First Looks" threads where we could speculate about the upcoming episode.    Now we can't write about it until the minute it starts.     Maybe we should create a new speculation thread.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

We have an extra bedroom if you can put up with the fur princesses. We could binge our hearts out!

Don't know your age but I couldn't resist this pic. No offense intended. 

th (25).jpeg

If I get a firestick, will it go on my 13 yr old 44 inch flat screen t.v. That still has a beautiful picture?  Or do I have to get a new t.v. to attach the firestick?  Anyone know?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

If you have a free HDMI port (see photo below) on the side of your TV, you'll be able to plug in the Fire Stick.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTeLomLsVA3GumO5mEuIM

5 hours ago, AnnA said:

Does anyone know why the new episode threads are always locked until air time on the RHONY forum but not on the others?

It is locked on others too.  Sometimes as long as a half hour, forcing viewers to post on the previous week’s threads.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

If you have a free HDMI port (see photo below) on the side of your TV, you'll be able to plug in the Fire Stick.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTeLomLsVA3GumO5mEuIM

Thank you.  I did find something that looks like this with “output” places to plug something in.  I would send a picture, but that’s another pain in the butt too ... transferring a picture, lol.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Thank you.

You're welcome.  I'd definitely suggest that if you get the Fire Stick, you get the kind that has the voice option on the remote (they may come with voice now as the standard option, for all I know, but we had to pay about $10 more about five years ago). That way when you want to search for a program or a movie, you just talk into the remote rather than do all that fiddly typing.  It's a great feature.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

You're welcome.  I'd definitely suggest that if you get the Fire Stick, you get the kind that has the voice option on the remote (they may come with voice now as the standard option, for all I know, but we had to pay about $10 more about five years ago). That way when you want to search for a program or a movie, you just talk into the remote rather than do all that fiddly typing.  It's a great feature.

Mine came with Alexa. It is a great feature. She will also read my kindle books to me. Wish i had had that when my shoulder was broken. The

6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Nope, nein, nyet.  I talk to the animals, and occasionally to another human being.  I stubbornly refuse to talk to machines.  Go fuck yourself, Alexa.

It would have to be "Alexa, go fuck yourself", or else she wouldn't hear you, says the Amazon legal staff.

• LOL 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It would have to be "Alexa, go fuck yourself", or else she wouldn't hear you, says the Amazon legal staff.

I stand (or should I say, sit, because I'm too lazy to move my fat ass off the recliner unless the critters want food) corrected.

Just goes to show how little I know about technology, and how little I care to learn about it.

I'm just conserving my energy for the apocalypse, when I'll be one of the few survivors who knows how to do shit without Googling it first, or having Alexa do it for me.   heh

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It is locked on others too.  Sometimes as long as a half hour, forcing viewers to post on the previous week’s threads.

I don't know what forums you visit but I've never seen that.   The only other HW forums I visit are RHOBH and RHOC and the new episode threads are never locked on those forums. The  other shows I watch don't do it either.   I've only seen it here and can't help wondering why.

Edited by AnnA
17 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thanks.  Sorry to cause so much trouble.  I know I’m getting annoying. Lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't know what forums you visit but I've never seen that.   The only other HW forums I visit are RHOBH and RHOC and the new episode threads are never locked on those forums. The  other shows I watch don't do it either.   I've only seen it here and can't help wondering why.

It’s happened on “90 day fiancé”,  “Divorce” and another show where 3 couples get matched and go across country.  I don’t remember the name .. it isnt on anymore.  I’ve never seen it on the housewives tho.  I think it’s the mods.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I stand (or should I say, sit, because I'm too lazy to move my fat ass off the recliner unless the critters want food) corrected.

Just goes to show how little I know about technology, and how little I care to learn about it.

I'm just conserving my energy for the apocalypse, when I'll be one of the few survivors who knows how to do shit without Googling it first, or having Alexa do it for me.   heh

Excuse me .. I have to get my fat ass off the recliner as Alexa told me my brownies were done.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Excuse me .. I have to get my fat ass off the recliner as Alexa told me my brownies were done.

I don't need Alexa to tell me you need to be sharing those damned brownies with us all, if you want to keep your favorable reputation intact.  HEE!!!

• LOL 5
29 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I don't need Alexa to tell me you need to be sharing those damned brownies with us all, if you want to keep your favorable reputation intact.  HEE!!!

Dunkin Hines Extra Fudge .. yum.  I needed something soothing today, with the snow and all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

You are not annoying. Glad to help.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Mmmm, brownies, my kryptonite!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If you have them at your disposable, I highly, highly, did I say highly? recommend Ghiraradelli Double Chocolate brownie mix.  For a mix, they are extraordinarily delish.

If you accidently frosted them, you might never leave home.

I’m getting them tomorrow.  Thanks for the tip.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

One time I was trying to do something on my iPhone got Siri instead, then dropped the phone,. I said Damnit - and Siri said “language, Janet language” told her I was cussing at her 😂

So my parents, who are in their 80s got a smart phone - mostly so we can get them to use Uber as neither should be driving. They got lessons at the Apple store for voice recognition- so my dad laughed at that story (probably because I’m just like him and that’s what he would have said)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Gem 10 said:

It's no trouble at all.  We don't use the Fire Stick anymore because we replaced the TV that needed it, but it was a godsend at the time.  All the streaming services built into that TV were changing their format, and one by one we were losing them, so the FS got us back the programming we were still paying for but couldn't watch.  It's very easy to set up, so don't be afraid of it.

Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

recommend Ghiraradelli Double Chocolate brownie mix.  For a mix, they are extraordinarily delish.

Second this for sure.  I almost never bake from a mix, but I make an exception for Ghirardelli.  When you need a quick brownie fix, these puppies definitely step up.  There's a box in my pantry right now . . .

I tried telling Alexa on my tablet to go fuck herself.  She just played a disgusted little tune and shut down.  Tried it again, and she did the same thing again.  She's clearly not taking any guff from the likes of me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

It's no trouble at all.  We don't use the Fire Stick anymore because we replaced the TV that needed it, but it was a godsend at the time.  All the streaming services built into that TV were changing their format, and one by one we were losing them, so the FS got us back the programming we were still paying for but couldn't watch.  It's very easy to set up, so don't be afraid of it.

Second this for sure.  I almost never bake from a mix, but I make an exception for Ghirardelli.  When you need a quick brownie fix, these puppies definitely step up.  There's a box in my pantry right now . . .

I tried telling Alexa on my tablet to go fuck herself.  She just played a disgusted little tune and shut down.  Tried it again, and she did the same thing again.  She's clearly not taking any guff from the likes of me.

Hahaha.  I think my husband is in love with Alexa.  He talks to her every morning.  On Valentines he told her “Happy Valentines Day” and she answered him back “ how sweet of you to say that”.  Maybe he’s losing it and thinks she is real, LMAO.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

You do know you're on the Internet, right?  👩‍💻

HEE!

I thought I was on the interwebz.  Seriously, though, PTV (and before it, TWoP) is as close as I've ever come to "social media".  I've never even used a cell phone (why, yes, I DO use a landline), and just recently discovered that the clearance TeeVee I was forced to buy at Walmart several years ago when my old set died is a "smart TV".  The only reason that even happened was because I sprang for the 99 cent a month Hulu deal, and needed to figure out how to watch.  (And it was torture trying to read all those fucking instructions to set it up!!!)

• Love 6
12 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

HEE!

I thought I was on the interwebz.  Seriously, though, PTV (and before it, TWoP) is as close as I've ever come to "social media".  I've never even used a cell phone (why, yes, I DO use a landline), and just recently discovered that the clearance TeeVee I was forced to buy at Walmart several years ago when my old set died is a "smart TV".  The only reason that even happened was because I sprang for the 99 cent a month Hulu deal, and needed to figure out how to watch.  (And it was torture trying to read all those fucking instructions to set it up!!!)

Yeah well, get an i- phone and you’ll really go nuts trying to figure everything out.  My grandkids know everything it does and I only know how to text and make a call, barely.  The brain doesn’t want to learn anything new at this point.  It’s had it.  I even dread doing bills now.  I need a cook, accountent, and maid and chauffeur.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah well, get an i- phone and you’ll really go nuts trying to figure everything out.  My grandkids know everything it does and I only know how to text and make a call, barely.  The brain doesn’t want to learn anything new at this point.  It’s had it.  I even dread doing bills now.  I need a cook, accountent, and maid and chauffeur.

I don't have grandkids, or even distant relatives, so the TeeVee and this Chromebook are the full extent of my forays into learning technology.  I certainly don't mind learning new things about stuff I'm interested in (animals, the environment, science, etc.), but this technoshit just pisses me off.

I need a cook, accountant, maid, chauffeur, personal shopper and a gardener!  And a winning lotto ticket to pay for them all.  Soon I'll be needing a nursemaid, too, I suppose.  sigh.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I don't have grandkids, or even distant relatives, so the TeeVee and this Chromebook are the full extent of my forays into learning technology.  I certainly don't mind learning new things about stuff I'm interested in (animals, the environment, science, etc.), but this technoshit just pisses me off.

I need a cook, accountant, maid, chauffeur, personal shopper and a gardener!  And a winning lotto ticket to pay for them all.  Soon I'll be needing a nursemaid, too, I suppose.  sigh.

Can you just imagine life without t.v.?  I even watched the dumb Bachelor last night.  I was desperate.  Their thread is hilarious.  Very young posters who are very funny.  But, I just love my housewives.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Can you just imagine life without t.v.?  I even watched the dumb Bachelor last night.  I was desperate.  Their thread is hilarious.  Very young posters who are very funny.  But, I just love my housewives.

Sheet, I watch the Bachelor (just for the forum snark) and all kinds of other trash, including all the housewives!  These forums are often SO much better than the actual shows.  Now I'm trying to clear my DVR so I can get back to my cheap Hulu foreign crime dramas, too.

Sure, I'd miss my TeeVee and my PTV, but I'd just go back to reading books with one eye.  And maybe doing real jigsaw puzzles or coloring.  I'd also be driving my cats crazy waking them up from their naps for even more cuddles.  That mid-nap feline stink-eye is my crack.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Sheet, I watch the Bachelor (just for the forum snark) and all kinds of other trash, including all the housewives!  These forums are often SO much better than the actual shows.  Now I'm trying to clear my DVR so I can get back to my cheap Hulu foreign crime dramas, too.

Sure, I'd miss my TeeVee and my PTV, but I'd just go back to reading books with one eye.  And maybe doing real jigsaw puzzles or coloring.  I'd also be driving my cats crazy waking them up from their naps for even more cuddles.  That mid-nap feline stink-eye is my crack.

That’s another thing. I used to go to the library every other week for a book.  Since PTV, I don’t go unless I hear about a good book that I have to read.  My last read was “the Butterfly Sister” or something like that.  It stunk.

• Love 5

I just saw all the girls on the Today Show save Bethenny and Dorinda.  They were drumming up publicity for their show. They asked Luanne a point blank question about her Cabaret Show, and was this something she always did. She said it was always there....what? Lu. I thought you began any professional career as a LPN. They also questioned her sobriety. She gave Classic AA phrases. Nobody said a word about Bethenny missing. Of course Hoda and Kathie Lee weren’t doing a hard ball interview to these ladies on a sister network. Tinsley said she thinks she finally found her voice in dealing with everyone. Sonja just moved into her new apt and has her ready to wear of clothes out on the market. I’m wondering where. She was wearing one of the dresses from it and I must say it did look flattering. Ramona went on and on, but I must have tuned her out.  

• Love 4

@SuprSuprElevated .. OMG, I just made the Giaherdelli brownies for the first time.  It’s like cake and a candy bar in one .. so chewy and so chocolately. Unbelievable.  Walnut Queen is probably smelling them from here.  I’d have to UPS them. Lol.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

@SuprSuprElevated .. OMG, I just made the Giaherdelli brownies for the first time.  It’s like cake and a candy bar in one .. so chewy and so chocolately. Unbelievable.  Walnut Queen is probably smelling them from here.  I’d have to UPS them. Lol.

I was wondering why I was suddenly craving a good cup of coffee and my last slice of double chocolate loaf, Gem 10.  Glad to know you are to blame!

Now I want some of those cookies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

I was wondering why I was suddenly craving a good cup of coffee and my last slice of double chocolate loaf, Gem 10.  Glad to know you are to blame!

Now I want some of those cookies.

Haha, I was waiting for your answer.  I knew you could smell them 3000 miles away, hahahaha.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I take brownies very seriously, an would never steer you wrong!  lol

Glad you love them!

13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Continued .. “Triple Fudge”.  Got them in Walmart .. about $1.77, I think.

I haven't tried the Triple Fudge.  The Double have the chocolate chips, what makes the Triple triple?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I take brownies very seriously, an would never steer you wrong!  lol

Glad you love them!

I haven't tried the Triple Fudge.  The Double have the chocolate chips, what makes the Triple triple?

A little package in the box containing liquid fudge to add to the mix.  Unbelievable.  Moist and chewy.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh my.  "Alexa, add Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate brownie mix to the grocery list".  "At once!"

You mean Alexa remembers a grocery list too?  I recently got her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

A little package in the box containing liquid fudge to add to the mix.  Unbelievable.  Moist and chewy.

You all are killing me. I will have to make brownies tomorrow. Talking about liquid fudge, anybody out there make homemade Hershey's chocolate sauce? If you haven't, you need to. Omg! Easy to make. 

• Love 2