Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

Or does her wants even matter to him?

His world is the World According to Kody. He has absolutely no interest in any of the wives and children unless they directly involve his needs.   Same development level as a toddler.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, toodles said:

Well, you can't understand because you are just a poor misguided monogamousist.  I'm sure they would be amused to learn you communicate with the people in your life via talking, in addition to social media.

Well, I mostly communicate in snark.  But at least face to face most of the time. :-)

I didn't see this posted anywhere

http://jezebel.com/sister-wives-family-asks-u-s-supreme-court-to-legalize-1786557100

Basically, the "Browns" are petitioning the Supreme Court to legalize polygamy.  Yeah, sure.  Or, as the article says:"First their case must be selected for hearing by the U.S. Supreme Court, and that’s statistically unlikely. Roughly 7,500 cases are appealed every year, and less than one percent are heard by the court."

Aren't they supposed to be financially desperate?  Doesn't this kind of thing cost money? Jonathan Turley is the lawyer of record.  Maybe he's doing it for free for the publicity?

ETA: For any lawyers in the group, or anyone else interested, that article has a link to the full petition.  

ETA2: Hmmm, this is interesting. In reading over the petition I noted that the "petitioners" are listed as "Kody Brown, Meri Brown, Janelle Brown, Christine Brown, and Robyn Sullivan." (italics added).  So, the one he's legally married to is the only one who doesn't legally have his last name?  That's . . . odd.  So much for the emphasis Robyn has always put on being "a Brown."

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Jonathan Turley is the lawyer of record.  Maybe he's doing it for free for the publicity?

He is an attorney in the LGBT community and thinks this case will further the cause for that community. Decriminalizing private behavior is his specialty. It would be a feather in his legal cap to have what is basically a poly-amorous relationship (with religious backing) decriminalized. The plygs want it decriminalized but not made legal so they can continue to Bleed the Beast.

• Love 4

I understand decriminalizing private behavior, and people should be able to sleep with/live with anyone they choose, providing they're of age and consent.  It's quite another thing when it comes to marriage, which is so bound up with contract law.  It's hard enough working things out between TWO parties -- now imagine giving "next of kin" status to four different women, each of whom has a different take on end of life measures.  Do all four of them get survivor Social Security benefits?  What about a stake in his IRAs if they've been stay at home moms?  If a single wife would have been entitled to 20% of his retirement funds earned during the marriage -- does each one now get that, or must they divide the 20% evenly? Do the ones with more kids get a larger share of everything?  Say one  wins the lottery -- do the other women have a claim on it, or only the husband?

It's completely unworkable.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, kassa said:

I totally agree. And since the Browns appear to be totally clueless about any kind of financial management, I am sure they have not taken any of your excellent points into consideration.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I totally agree. And since the Browns appear to be totally clueless about any kind of financial management, I am sure they have not taken any of your excellent points into consideration.  

Or how it would effect their efforts to Bleed the Beast as others have pointed out. Would they have been able to take turns declaring bankrupt if they were all legally married to each other? Or food stamps? I really would love someone to ask them all these questions and see what their answer is.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:58 AM, kassa said:

I understand decriminalizing private behavior, and people should be able to sleep with/live with anyone they choose, providing they're of age and consent.  It's quite another thing when it comes to marriage, which is so bound up with contract law.  It's hard enough working things out between TWO parties -- now imagine giving "next of kin" status to four different women, each of whom has a different take on end of life measures.  Do all four of them get survivor Social Security benefits?  What about a stake in his IRAs if they've been stay at home moms?  If a single wife would have been entitled to 20% of his retirement funds earned during the marriage -- does each one now get that, or must they divide the 20% evenly? Do the ones with more kids get a larger share of everything?  Say one  wins the lottery -- do the other women have a claim on it, or only the husband?

My guess is now that Robyn is the legal wife they are going to have to depend on her to be fair.  Good luck with that ladies.  I got a good chuckle at the thought of them having an IRA.  They don't seem like the type to leave money unspent.  Why sock it away when there are sparkly pants to buy and tanning sessions to be had?

• Love 3
On 9/14/2016 at 10:58 AM, kassa said:

If you think about this too hard, you'll end up with a headache.

• Love 1

"The 48-year old has no source of income other than the show."

That's pathetic, sad and neglectful.  Kody loves to boast about his four wives and 18 or so kids...not so much about how he feeds them.

I have to wonder how things are going in the cuddle-sac nowadays, without the cameras and indulgent parties and money.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3

48 years old and relying on a flash-in-the-pan income.  Absolutely shameful and their hubris makes them think that we are so enamored of watching this load of manure that it will feed them forever.  Don't they know that a large number of people on this forum rely on the reports of the rest who sacrifice their brain cells to report back the crap from each show?  I don't give this mess another season even if Kadope takes 10 more wives.

Nevada better beef up their food stamp program, the Browns will be lining up soon.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Rainflower said:

It is freaking rich that Kody retweets certain things when his claimed wife Christine was on food stamps.

Ha. I went to his Twitter feed, since his information wasn't shown here and I thought "surely he's not crazy enough to post THIS..." 

Apparently, I've had some kind of breakdown. 

His delusion defies description.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Ha. I went to his Twitter feed, since his information wasn't shown here and I thought "surely he's not crazy enough to post THIS..." 

Karma is a bitch.  That's all I have to say about this delusional asshat.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2016 at 7:30 AM, Kohola3 said:

Why doesn't his head spin around and make him vomit.  He is so full of shit.  When was the last time he paid for anything that wasn't covered by TLC or some sort of comp arrangement?

Could TLC please find someone who will fix douche bags hair, for free of course!

• Love 1
On 9/20/2016 at 6:43 AM, RealityCowgirl said:

I had to find the tweet and reply.  What an idiot.

20 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

LOL... what did you say?

I basically said YOU RT that?  Your family used food stamps.  

The do as I say not as I do gets a little tired.  Admit it Browns, you have been 'bleeding the beast' and I think the fine residents of Utah and Nevada might just get tired of supporting your lazy asses.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I basically said YOU RT that?  Your family used food stamps.  

The do as I say not as I do gets a little tired.  Admit it Browns, you have been 'bleeding the beast' and I think the fine residents of Utah and Nevada might just get tired of supporting your lazy asses.  

good for you!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Countdown to Natalie being blocked by Kody Brown commencing .... 5.... 4.... 3.... 2....

He can't escape me THAT easily!  Pretty soon Mr. Natalie will have twitter if that's the case.  Won't he be pleased I have drug him into Twitter wars!  

Too bad I don't speak to my Mormon relatives in Utah any longer.  I am sure one of the 5 million I am related to have run into one of these idiots.  Some of them even live in Lehi.  And there are rumors my great grandfather was a polygamist.  I believe it.  At my grandfathers funeral he had something like 23 brothers and sisters and some were MY sisters age.  And they all looked like the Bee Gees.  YOU try not giggling at that sight.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... the Bee Gees?  

I'm not sure what that means. The Bee Gees??????   What does that mean?  LOL! 

I was stunned they all physically resembled the Bee Gee's!  I had never seen them and actually didn't know they all existed.  They looked like they could have started their own tribute band.  It gave me massive giggles.  Yes I was sad my grandfather died but it was his time so while sad, glad he was no longer suffering and allowed for a bit of levity.  

• Love 5

OH NO! Meri has found out how to use periscope. Yes, so much snark in that (I wonder if she's going to use it for her next conquest to ensure he is really a man. I also wonder if she will be using it in the near future to beg for help for escaping Kody's harem...Or maybe she'll use it to as a way to get more wives for her horny husband after he is done with mouthy Robyn...oh let me stop...).

Edited by Rainflower

Someone on cj's blog is reporting that meri is selling something called lularoe. I guess it's a clothing line.  That's rich.  I hope they have lots of white stitching jeans.

What is with these people trying to sell absolutely ridiculous things?  Meri-clothes, Janelle-fitness?  Has the world gone mad?

• Love 1

"Becoming a LuLaRoe Fashion Consultant can provide you opportunity to have the means, the time, and the flexibility to pursue your passions and to more fully enjoy the company of those you love.  It can be the way by which you overcome a set back or finally get beyond “just making ends meet.” It can restore or improve confidence in both your appearance and your abilities and it will provide immense satisfaction as you help others to find such confidence in themselves. As a LuLaRoe Consultant you will become part of a team of driven individuals who are writing their own stories. They are enjoying their work. They are building new relationships with positive and successful people. They are becoming more confident, empowered individuals. They are making significant income all by scheduling and co-hosting LuLaRoe Pop-Up Boutiques.  And you can, too. "

blah blah blah blah......

• Love 1
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Someone on cj's blog is reporting that meri is selling something called lularoe. I guess it's a clothing line.  That's rich.  I hope they have lots of white stitching jeans.

What is with these people trying to sell absolutely ridiculous things?  Meri-clothes, Janelle-fitness?  Has the world gone mad?

Robyn has her jewelry line that failed and Kody had (has?) the green goo thing....Now I am on the edge of my seat wondering what Christine will be pushing soon, lol. Seems like Kody is taking our advice and putting his wives to work (even if it is MLM grifting) to pay for his families. I hope he finally gets it through his thick skull that racking up debts, filing for bankruptcies and living on food stamps isn't considered taking care of his family financially.

• Love 1

I don't get it. Didn't Meri once express interest in working with troubled youth? She just needs to finish her degree, and she'd have a much more fulfilling job than selling clothes. 

Edited by Snaggletooth
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I don't get it. Didn't Meri once express interest in working with troubled youth? She just needs to finish her degree, and she'd have a much more fulfilling job than selling clothes. 

Meri was going to school. At the same time she was conducting an online affair with "Sam" the catfish who claimed to be a Catholic, monogamous, handsome billionaire.

It's quite possible that the Browns 1) don't have the money to send Meri back to school (after all they have/had college age children to help out). 2) Don't trust Meri to be on her own (they sent her to school only for her to go about flirting with a "man" and trying to run away from the harem).

It looks as if she will be selling clothes along side of her sister (accountability partner?) rather than alone.

And to be honest, what person would put someone like Meri around troubled youth? The catfish situation has shown how childish and irresponsible Meri is (scratching Sam's name into her arm, writing love notes like a horny teen, etc.).

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Rainflower said:

And to be honest, what person would put someone like Meri around troubled youth? 

And to be even more honest . . . what person would trust her fashion sense?

ETA:  I just looked at the LulaRoe website.  I honestly thought it was a joke site, selling stuff that the Goodwill couldn't unload.  I live in an area that has a LOT of Mormons, and I've never seen any of them wear anything as tacky as the "models" on this website are wearing.

ETA.2:  This stuff makes MSWC look high-class.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Meri was going to school. At the same time she was conducting an online affair with "Sam" the catfish who claimed to be a Catholic, monogamous, handsome billionaire.

...vegan, Batman (almost), father of twins. Ha!

If I were them and really wanted to sell something I would set up a shop anonymously to see if people really want the shit. But it's about their name and fame to them, not a decent product. Look at how many product lines from celebs fail, just from TLC and Bravo people. A book can do well, but shilling random crap will never work.

Meri might consider an Etsy shop to sell a few paintings. Not that she's a great artist but they might appeal to someone at the right price. Start small and see what happens. I think a girl from the Real World (Melissa?) did some paintings and she did well. The Browns are just flitting from one scam to another. 

• Love 4

Researching LulaRoe (first time I am hearing about this company), I landed on this gem of a blog that breaks down the cost of business with regards to being a consultant for the company:

http://www.bottlesoup.com/2016/05/19/lularoe-lulano-will-investment-pay-off/

I had friends who were suckered into joining MLMs. Quixtar, Mary Kay, LIV, etc. I had to stop talking to some of them because the conversation ALWAYS turned into a sells pitch. I don't like being pushed into buying stuff I don't need or want (I never did buy anything which made some of those friends push harder to get me to open my wallet).

Right now, from the looks of things, many of the consultants are claiming to have broken even in the first three months of joining LulaRoe (I heard the same things from people who pushed Quixtar, LIV, etc.). However, in the long run many people will end up losing money (the cost of traveling, pop up parties, saturation of the market, etc. will eat into their profits).

Again this is a stupid waste of their audience. Honestly, they would have been better off financially if they had redone My Sister Wives Closet to include better jewelry/items that would appeal to monogamous buyers. The $5000 LulaRoe start up fee should have went towards hiring a professional who could have helped them with MSWC. The Brown family seems to enjoy chasing money.

Edit to add:

A lot of LulaRoe's consultant are selling on Facebook. I have been blogging and into social media since I was 16 years old and been on Facebook when people needed to be a university student and have a university (.edu) email address to join. I have seen many people who had great businesses lose all they had because Facebook (or whatever social media site they built their business around) had changed its policy.

For example: A lot of people lost money during Pinterest affiliate links ban (of course the ban was lifted and those who didn't learn the first time around is bound to end up losing money yet again if Pinterest decides to ban affiliate links in the future). That is why it is always best when starting a business online to pull your clients/customers away from social media to a site you have full control over.

I haven't read the contract for LulaRoe but it is really risky for all those consultants to be selling on facebook rather than a blog or website.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, Rainflower said:

Researching LulaRoe (first time I am hearing about this company), I landed on this gem of a blog that breaks down the cost of business with regards to being a consultant for the company:

Holy crap, what a scam! Didn't they learn from the MSWC fiasco they can't sell shit? And Meri certainly won't be able to sell those clothes (shudder) at prices that puts any profit in her pockets. She'd make about half a mortgage payment a month if she sold at the highest rate they mentioned.

• Love 2

Ugh...clothes are SO ugly and styled so poorly! Such clunky, chunky unflattering shoes paired with really dreadful clothes. What was with that white lace long vest that was thrown onto 2 outfits? Wrinkled, misshapen, just awful! I will be visiting often ;) for the lols.

and a direct ripoff of the name lulu lemon.

• Love 5