Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Draw Back Your Bow

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Oliver tries to stop Arrow-obsessed serial killer Carrie Cutter, who is convinced Arrow is her one true love and will stop at nothing to get his attention. Unfortunately, her way of getting noticed is to kill people. Meanwhile, Ray asks Felicity to be his date for a work dinner with some important clients; and Thea auditions new DJs for Verdant and meets a brash DJ with whom she immediately clashes.
  • Love 1

Wow, Ray really IS single white male-ing Oliver. Salmon ladder, the hero speech Felicity gave about him, the fact that he took her to the same restaurant Oliver did. ANVILS ANVILS ANVILS

Diggle brotping everywhere. Love him, want more of him in any capacity. I can tell the same people wrote Time of Death.

I liked Cupid - I'm glad Oliver gave her up to Waller so we can see her again.

I'm glad he didn't go into angsty manpain level 11 and decided to take Roy out after he saw Ray and Felicity kissing. Not surprised he saw it, not surprised it happened. Still hate the interim pairing of the two, still think that poor man's Tony Stark is a creepy mccreeperson.

• Love 11

On one hand, Cupid was really pretty, and could kick ass.  On the other, she'd probably stab you in the neck with an arrow, for something like not mopping fast enough.  So smart move Oliver.

I can't believe that Ray was using the Salmon Ladder.  Oliver doesn't have Felicity (his choice), Cupid (his choice), and now someone else is using a Salmon Ladder.  Can't believe that two-timing hussy.

I was disappointed that Oliver got stomped in the fight at the docks.  The dude was trained by Deathstroke and Shado, I thought he was just luring them into a false sense of security before he and the wife (forget her name), mopped the floor with them.

Loved the Harley Quinn reference, and the Captain Boomerang appearance.

• Love 5

That episode was...

Cupid was a little less than I expected, by no fault of the actress. She played her well. But with how much they hyped her I expected more. Shame on me.

Everyone called Ray's Atom Exosuit before this season even began. SIGH.

Nice to see Diggle back in this episode. Both his speeches to Felicity and Oliver were great. The show should use David Ramsey more.

Called Oliver walking in on Ray and Felicity’s kiss. SIGH 2. Yeah, bad timing and all but I’m getting so tired watching what the show is doing to a relationship that was built up so organically. Shame on them.

This show is getting too heavy handed, too easy to predict and worst of all? It's not really fun to watch anymore. Still here for the crossover and the winter finale, but if pattern keeps up I may opt out after that.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 7

Thank you SO much, lady who told Oliver he needed therapy! You may have said it in a pretty dismissive jerky way that is not likely to convince anyone, but you weren't wrong.

I liked this one much better than I thought I would. Love the Chinese guy so I'm happy he wasn't dead. Hope this doesn't mean he's evil.

Love felicity letting out her dress feelings, because that's so her. I also love that she isn't waiting around for Oliver but oh, such a damn cliche when he saw ray kissing her but I still felt for him. Even if he was being an idiot.

Cupid was stupid, which is pretty much what I expected, but there was a fair but of team arrow and no laurel!!! Yay!

Thea's new dj was trying way too hard.

God bless Diggle.

Eta one more thing. I love that actor throwing a boomerang at the end!!!

Almost forgot the salmon ladder cheating on oliie! Is this a meta thing about felicity and all the things he loves being stolen by Ray?

Edited by Shanna
  • Love 2

It's lucky Ray is around to irritate everyone this week otherwise the entire lack of Laurel (which honestly didn't even occur to me until the episode was over) would leave everyone with nothing to complain about.

• Love 4

Meh?! It's the best I could give it, missed 1st 15 minutes but tuned in after reading a live blog. It was majorly predictable, followed every cliche/angsty BS storyline I've ever seen. Carrie was OK, nothing against the actress she did the best she could but, it wasn't entertaining (to me).

It was nice to have Team Arrow action even if they were always fractured, Diggle seems to be caught between Oliver and Felicity, trying to keep Felicity around so Oliver doesn't get sloppy and keep Oliver pursuing Felicity so she isn't hurting.

Did like the Oliver/Roy stuff but it really feels unearned. Hated the Thea/jerkface stuff, don't like him at all.

Ok, so question, since I have yet to watch the episode: is there any Laurel in it? Any at all? Even a mention?

Because if the answer to this is no, then that makes for a great episode. Ok, a GOOD episode.

no Laurel, oh and Sherwood Florist was Cupid's hideout or something Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
Called Oliver walking in on Ray and Felicity’s kiss. SIGH. Yeah, bad timing and all but I’m getting so tired watching what the show is doing to a relationship that was built up so organically.

I hate that things happened the way they did with Oliver walking in on it, but I think we all knew it was going to happen. I do like that Oliver was ready to do something about it, and I also like that the very last thing Felicity heard him say was his spiel to Cupid about how he had to be alone - we all know that was double-speak, and he was talking to her. I wish we could've gotten a scene with them together afterward, but I don't think he'll be broody around her and I think he realizes that he did this to himself, so that's an improvement.

There are so many other ways to handle it, but if they wanted to go down this road, I'm glad it was this road, because I understood why Felicity was moving on (although WHY CAN'T IT BE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT RAY), and I felt for Oliver when he saw them, so it doesn't feel like the typical angsty misunderstanding to me (yet). It also makes me really curious about what this scene in 3x09 is between them.

Ok, so question, since I have yet to watch the episode: is there any Laurel in it? Any at all? Even a mention?

Because if the answer to this is no, then that makes for a great episode. Ok, a GOOD episode. 

Haha, no she's not in it at all. I don't think she was mentioned.

• Love 3

That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  It was much, much worse.

I hate what they are doing to Felicity.  That smart, strong woman is being bought by a 'couture' dress and the loan of a diamond necklace.    And the cheesiest oldest trick in the book with Oliver seeing the kiss.

I hated Time of Death but this may be worse.

• Love 9

Well, at least we finally know Felicity's kryptonite: designer gowns. Just makes me love her even more.......

A.T.O.M suit with white dwarf technology? cannot wait!! Please let Ray also design a ring that'll hold a shrunken costume for a certain speedster living in Central City

• Love 6

This show is getting too heavy handed, too easy to predict and worst of all? It's not really fun to watch anymore. Still here for the crossover and the winter finale, but if pattern keeps up I may opt out after that.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. During the commercials after Act 4, I actually found myself dreading the end of the commercials, and that's never a good sign.

I ranted enough about OOC Fauxlicity in the spoiler discussion thread, and i'm too exhausted for more of that. There were occasional peeks of real Felicity, and I appreciated the scene with Diggle, but after TOD and this episode, I don't want these writers to ever write Felicity again. Never, ever, ever.

Also, as usual, MG oversold Thea and DJ boy's supposed "explosive chemistry." Also, the fact that female writers wrote this douchebag planting an uninvited kiss on Thea and her not punching him in the face wounds my soul.

Finally, the Hong Kong flashbacks could not be any less interesting. They ground every episode to a halt, and considering how much I’m not loving the episodes, you’d think I’d be grateful for that, but not so much.

This show feels broken right now. I have faith that the writers could fix it, but I have no faith that they will.

• Love 11

There were so many things I loved about this episode and so many things I hated. And the things I hated had everything to do with Ray and Felicity. First off, Felicity was written way out of character. I don't understand how she would not be positively raging and angry at Ray renaming Queen Consolidated. Forget about the fact that he was underhanded in acquiring the company, Oliver is her friend and the company was his family's legacy. Even if she does believe in Ray and the work that he's doing, I just don't buy that she wouldn't stand up for Oliver in some way about it.

The dress thing was gross. The necklace thing was gross.

And poor Oliver broke my heart into a million pieces tonight. There's no way to contrast Oliver and Diggle talking so much about how he feels about her to Felicity's actions without making her look insensitive and I can't help but think how intentional it is. I know that Felicity kissing Ray was right on the heels of hearing Oliver's big manpain speech about having to be alone, but come on. I don't buy that Felicity wouldn't have hesitated or be regretful even a little bit about it. Remember on Gilmore Girls when Rory kissed Tristan after Dean broke up with her and she fled crying because she had been compartmentalizing and didn't have a good wallow? I expected that kind of reaction from Felicity. Not to say I expected  Felicity to fall apart like a 16-year-old whose first boyfriend just dumped her, but something.

I loved everything else except for Thea and the DJ. I was just meh about that whole thing. AG was appropriately crazy as Cupid and I'm glad we'll get to see her again. It was nice to see OG Team Arrow working together again. My favourite part though? Katana kicking butt and taking names.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 14

That was ...interesting.

I liked Oliver's reasoning behind his incarceration of Carrie.

I hate the smug jerk who thinks he generous and impressive giving up his first night's take. Whatever dude. Thea should have given him a buck so he could buy a comb. Or a barrette.

The DC Easter eggs were fun and I mentally squealed at the mention of dwarf star ore! 

Oh, Roy! Just want to hug you.

Dig and Lyla? Keep rockin' the Being Normal Folks thing, okay? You hang with a truly nutty crowd, doctor confirmed. *g*

Thea? Drop your jerk of a DJ asap. You don't need money that bad, even as "officially" broke as you are as a Queen.  I would have liked to have seen Malcolm's opinion of the guy.

Carrie/Cupid: An interesting character. I want to know more about her background, like how her attachment disorder started. She was a good enough cop to make it in a SWAT unit, so she's tough and able to hold her own plausibly with Ollie. Just-- she also saw Dig's face. If she talks with Floyd/Deadshot, 2+2 is going to put the team in further trouble. Lyla, Sara and Felicity. See, John, that's why you wear a mask of some sort when you go out with superheroes!

Ollie? Quit playing martyr; Tell her you love her and you've been an idiot and you wish you could give her the universe. Then show her you can step away from the job for a few hours. For her. That simple. You know you want to do it too.

Felicity? Keep being awesome and seeing folk's core selves. That's your "power".  Besides being an awesome human being and hacker and juggler of worlds and identities and, as they say in show business, so much more! Even if you Kelly Taylor, I am behind you!  (Shallow? That dress was fab and you wore it like a boss! 'Cause you are. Sorry, /gush.)

The flashbacks and the stinger were great and I am excited for next week and the flipping crossover!

• Love 8

I love Diggle but he irritated the hell out of me when he was talking to Felicity.  She's right.  If Oliver has something to say to her, he should tell her himself.  Having Diggle tell her how much Oliver is in pain is placing that blame on her.  Oliver's feeling emotionally constipated but that's his fault.  At this point, I see the appeal of Ray.  Or anyone else. I don't get the appeal of being with Oliver and won't until he decides to act like someone worth waiting for.

I liked the friendship between Oliver and Felicity because it was different and was open to see it become something more if it had to, but I'm so disappointed in all the cliches and predictability in how they're written this season.  I don't get what I'm supposed to be seeing with these two, but the best thing about tonight was Felicity in that dress.  She's young, lovely, and smart and deserves to have a fun, full life.  I'm not saying Ray is for her but I couldn't feel bad for Oliver in this.  Only person I might ship Oliver with is Roy. 

ETA: maybe she's being OOC, but that's something I felt since the first episode of season 3.  At this point, I still like her but I wish they'd either lay off the Olicity stuff or find a way to write in a fresh, fun way.  Not this paint by the numbers stuff that I've seen almost everywhere else.

Edited by Betweenthisandthat
  • Love 9

Carrie was a good old-fashioned psycho, and bless her for it because she was rather fun. And now a member of the Suicide Squad. Did I hear correctly that Diggle implied Harley is no longer there? Because that would make me hella sad as she's my favorite psycho.

"Oliver isn't good at expressing himself." Contender for Understatement of the Year.

"You and I are gonna be best friends." Continue to express your feelings for that dress, Felicity. Thank god she's not waiting around for Oliver; I hate it when women are expected to wait around until guys are over their manpain.

"I made a decision and so did she. I just want her to be happy." So happy to hear this.

Thank you Show for Brandon Routh shirtless on the salmon ladder. There's been a dearth of shirtless men (on a CW show, no less), so thank you very much for recitfying that.

Love Diggle. Love Diggle bro-ing it up with everyone.

I still like Ray, and I don't find him creepy. I'm perfectly fine with Felicity moving on with him.

The plot with Thea's new DJ seemed out of place in this episode. Sorry Austin Butler AKA Daphne's ex, I don't really care about your character.

• Love 11

Austin Butler, cut your hair and go back to Switched at Birth! Daphne is out of control and could use a stable boyfriend.

I think I'm gonna call the DJ WannaBe Fishlips.  He reminds me of that guy from Glee

Seriously. They need to play brothers.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 4

I don't understand how [Felicity] would not be positively raging and angry at Ray renaming Queen Consolidated. Forget about the fact that he was underhanded in acquiring the company, Oliver is her friend and the company was his family's legacy. Even if she does believe in Ray and the work that he's doing, I just don't buy that she wouldn't stand up for Oliver in some way about it.

This point has bugged me since she took the job. Which we found out tonight (AFTER 5 EPISODES SHOW) is Vice President. I understand why she took the job, it's not that, but how can the ever loyal Felicity stand by and be alright with watching her close friend's family company be re-branded?

• Love 1

The fact that I could predict where this episode was going from the very start shows how much this show has gone downhill. 

Cupid was the only good thing about this episode. The rest was a joke. And not a funny one.

• Love 4

No Laurel at all? Good to know. *adds episode to watch list* I actually did want to see Cupid after the trailers came out, so I'm glad to know that. I'm sure the Felicity/Ray stuff will irritate me since I thought Felicity was very OOC in Time of Death, but I'll give it a try anyway.

• Love 1

This point has bugged me since she took the job. Which we found out tonight (AFTER 5 EPISODES SHOW) is Vice President. I understand why she took the job, it's not that, but how can the ever loyal Felicity stand by and be alright with watching her close friend's family company be re-branded?

I'm not that mad at her since Oliver flat-out told her QC would be better off with Ray running it and that it was selfish for him to try to get the company back since he blew off his responsibilities as CEO in S2.

• Love 9

I hate what they are doing to Felicity. That smart, strong woman is being bought by a 'couture' dress and the loan of a diamond necklace.

Have you seen Felicitys wardrobe? Girl loves a dress. I don't think she was "bought" because she liked it. She went on a work dinner and did her job. Which btw, I am glad to have confirmation is VP.

I think she let ray kiss her because why not, if Oliver is going to throw away what they have? Understood her and felt for him, so despite the cliche it worked for me.

Edited by Shanna
  • Love 7

This was always why I didn't want them to pursue an Oliver/Felicity relationship. First, it starts to engulf the show, second it starts to engulf Felicity and third it changes Felicity and fourth it changes Oliver and Felicity's relationship for the worse. And this is BEFORE the relationship even happens. I hate to tell people but it gets worse once the relationship starts and we'll need to deal with relationship drama(the show has never had a great handle on people in loving romantic relationships)...I just think this unnecessary. To me they worked so well as to very different equals but now there is this friction...And even once the relationship starts she becomes Oliver's girl, because this is his show and the writers aren't exactly breaking the mold for female characters in television(alas poor Iris!)...

I just wish they'd drop it(sorry Olicity fans) because I just don't want to see Felicity brought down this path.

And no, her getting bought shining things doesn't equal especially since Felicity isn't the type of girl who wants to be bought shiny things(unless it's tech related!). In fact, I was hoping this season would add a bit more depth and complexity to Felicity(while still keeping her wholesome charm intact), but it's doing the opposite! 

I'm struggling with this season..

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 1

lmao Thea's subplot with The DJ was so dumb. I was expecting her to kick his ass after he kissed her but no.  I've already had enough of this douchey DJ. He better go. 

Yeah, he was gross. Anytime these EPs try to sell chemistry, the relationship is gross. Except for Felicity and Barry - they're cute lil' puppies forever and ever.

• Love 10

I'm not that mad at her since Oliver flat-out told her QC would be better off with Ray running it and that it was selfish for him to try to get the company back since he blew off his responsibilities as CEO in S2.

I'm not mad at her either. I just wished there would have been one scene where Felicity and Oliver actually talked about it. But then again, as was demonstrated in tonight's episode, communication isn't their strongest point...

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode.  It was fun and the kind of episode Arrow used to put out back in the day.  I liked Cupid and thought she was a good adversary for Oliver.  Like that she ended up in the Suicide Squad.  Also liked the flashback to the Season 2 finale.

I was hoping Thea would kick the skeezy DJ's ass for kissing her.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

I'm not mad at her either. I just wished there would have been one scene where Felicity and Oliver actually talked about it. But then again, as was demonstrated in tonight's episode, communication isn't their strongest point...

Plotting isn't the show's strongest point, either. They had a whole conversation about Felicity taking the job offscreen, so...

I did feel kind of bad when Diggle walked in and she did that little fingerwave over the Palmer Industries logo. I was like, GIRL, YOU ARE OBLIVIOUS AS HELL RIGHT NOW.

• Love 2

Among the many things I didn't like in this episode is that Felicity has become so self-centered that she didn't even give Oliver the heads up that Ray was renaming  his family's company.

I hate her speech that Ray is such a wonderful person that if  he wants your minerals, it's to save the world.

I hated that Oliver and Roy are having dinner with Diggle and Lyla while Felicity is away with Ray.

I did like Cupid though. Not sure how I feel about her joining the Suicide Squad though, she's too unstable.

• Love 4

lmao Thea's subplot with The DJ was so dumb. I was expecting her to kick his ass after he kissed her but no.  I've already had enough of this douchey DJ. He better go. 

I really wish shows would stop portraying uninvited/unwanted kisses as hot or cute. It's not. It's uncomfortable and douchey.

And I'm not mad at Felicity for moving on with her life and going out with Ray. She shouldn't be waiting around for Oliver, but it's the way the show is showing how it's happening that I have a problem with. I don't dislike Ray as a character, but this budding relationship has been problematic from the start and it's a disservice to both of them.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 7

No Laurel in this one, if that makes a difference to you.  Lots of Diggle/Oliver, which is always a good thing.

Nothing says platonic like an expensive couture dress and a $10 million dollar necklace.  Then Ray acts all innocent after he kisses Felicity, like he just wanted to keep things friendly.  Don't buy it.

I did notice that during Diggle and Felicity's conversation at QC, she was holding a red pen.  Who knows if that's supposed to mean anything.

Random Dance Mix #1 was awful.  Of course nobody would dance to that crap.  Random Dance Mix #2 was super similar, but way more awesome.

I noticed you, romantic music playing during Ray and Felicity's dinner.  You may be trying to tell me something, but I'm gonna ignore you.

Oh, and BR is fit and all, but SA still wins hands down in a "best abs" contest

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 12

I mean no disrespect to Felicity's character but I am a little annoyed how her storyline this season seems to be as Ray Palmer's/Oliver's love interest. 

It's like, "we're giving her this super awesome job and a boss who will appreciate her for her brain and stuff!" YAYYYYYY "but he's a creep who's going to be non-platonic and questionable as hell" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

I really wish shows would stop portraying uninvited/unwanted kisses as hot or cute. It's not. It's uncomfortable and douchey.

If it was supposed to be cute the writers failed tremendously. Maybe it's not supposed to be cute though. The consensus I've seen to the DJ character/plot online has been overwhelmingly negative lol

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 3

If it was supposed to be cute the writers failed tremendously. Maybe it's not supposed to be cute though. The consensus I've seen to the DJ character online has been overwhelmingly negative lol

I'm 99% percent sure they intend all this questionable stuff to be both cute and charming.

• Love 7

It's like, "we're giving her this super awesome job and a boss who will appreciate her for her brain and stuff!" YAYYYYYY "but he's a creep who's going to be non-platonic and questionable as hell" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I actually liked Ray before but now that they are making him a legitimate love interest for Felicity I'm annoyed. i thought it would just be romantic tension or whatever lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I'm 99% percent sure they intend all this questionable stuff to be both cute and charming.

I would like to reiterate my original question from when we first saw the DJ in the previews: what's the over/under on when Malcolm puts an arrow through this guy?

I also find it really refreshing and hilarious that it's not Roy/Thea we're seeing any angst from with regards to Thea getting a new love interest. Roy has way bigger fish to fry right now.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 1

I hated that Oliver and Roy are having dinner with Diggle and Lyla while Felicity is away with Ray.

I am not understanding how someone can hate two single guys eating a meal with a married couple that invited them over.  Lyla extended the invite through John and was obviously okay with Roy as a fourth.  Being that angry over a friendly meal seems a bit outsized.

• Love 3

Wow, usually it takes me a while to hate a character, but Thea's new "love interest" just put me in rage mode from the start.  Such an arrogant, uncharming, massive toolbag, who I'm suppose to think Thea will fall for.  Right, show.  Kill him by fire.  I can only hope that Thea eventually takes him to meet dad, and Malcolm goes the world's worst (therefore, best in this case) overprotective dad on his ass.  What where they thinking with this character?

After a bad first impression last week, I surprisingly dug Cupid/Carrie tonight.  Sure, she's your typical crazy stalker character, but the actress at least was pretty fun in the role, and I was cracking up over how annoyed Ollie was over it (although, I would think a former billionaire like him, would have dealt with similar situations before.)  Cool that she's apparently joining the Suicide Squad, but if that other woman referenced was suppose to be Harley, then I disagree with Waller.  No one can out cray-cray Harley!

So, Ray/Felicity is finally happening.  Yep, I have no sympathy for Ollie.  He brought this on himself.  He pushed her away, and she deserves to move on.  Throw stuff all you want to, Ollie.  I ain't going to shed a tear.  But, I still hate how Ray/Felicity was developed. His goofy stalker behavior being ignored, her about having an heartattack seeing Ray doing a salmon ladder shirtless (you'd think, she's never seen a guy shirtless before), and then being smitten by a pretty dress and expensive necklace.  Because, that's totally Felicity.  Whatever, show.  Either this will go somewhere, or this is a place holder for Ollie to get his shit together, and Ray to put on the Atom suit.  I just don't care, anymore.

At least Diggle was back to being somewhat in character.  Liked him not bullshitting with Ollie, and telling him how stupid he was.  He loses points though for trying to guilt-trip Felicity, but at least she held firm, and he accepted it.  It's nice to see a mature exchange, even if I disagree with him.  More Diggle/Felicity, please.

Katana being a bad ass made the flashbacks way more watchable.

Ah, Nick E. Tarabay.  After playing a decent person of Person of Interest, it's nice to see you go back to your villainous ways!  Looking forward to Captain Boomerang.  Although, no matter what he does, I don't think he can ever be has horrid as Ashur was (in a good way.)

Favorite dumb moment: the almighty DJ, who owns everyone, had that overplayed Lil Jon song on his playlist.  Hey, I can download Lil Jon songs, and be a badass DJ myself!

I would celebrate no Laurel, but I fear this means she'll be back next episode, in complete Canary gear, and with more fighting skills then Ollie, Sara, Nyssa, and Slade combined.

Normally, The Flash vs. The Arrow would intrigue me, but considering how sour I've been with Ollie this season, I just want to see Barry slow-mo sonic punch Ollie a few times.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

Do any of them have daughters, wives, mothers, sisters? Would they find this behavior acceptable if they were told stories about guys pulling this shit on someone they loved? If it doesn't make for a good story IRL it isn't entertainment.

• Love 7

She should have told Oliver it was coming.  Felicity was never this insensitive before.

Have you seen Felicitys wardrobe? Girl loves a dress. I don't think she was "bought" because she liked it. She went on a work dinner and did her job. 

Her rah, rah speech about Ray-the=saint bothered me,  Sure, it was her job to sell him but she's lost her integrity. 

These are the people who thought it would be creative to have Oliver drop by and see the kiss.  I'd make that 100% sure.

• Love 2

That scene so needed an eyeroll and possibly a quick death from daddy merlyn.

The reaction to the DJ character is ridiculously negative online lol. Even on more male dominated sites. They all want Oliver or Merlyn to kill the guy lol. Maybe he's intentionally supposed to be unlikable and punchable? I just want to believe the writers know somewhat what they are doing haha. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

Mixed feelings about this ep, but generally more optimistic bc overall, I found it much easier to watch than last week's, which required liberal use of the fast forward button. 

The beats that were hit in the Oliver/Felicity dynamic were expected and unsurprising... and this show used to surprise me. It did seem out of character for Felicity to not be more wary about the name change with Oliver, but then at the same time, over the last few eps, he's been terse and rather curt with her, and telling her to get her head in the game. So maybe she's trying to distance herself from any sort of friendship as well as the failed potential romantic relationship. But again, I shouldn't have to justify or talk out these leaps in logic. The show needs to be better at capturing the nuances of Team Arrow and its interactions if it wants to be compelling television.

That said, I was really most upset by Diggle tonight, and his talk with Felicity. This is the first Diggle and Felicity scene we get all season, and it's about Oliver's headspace? Felicity is not responsible for Oliver's actions or his decisions. The idea that the show thinks Diggle is in the right here frustrates me to no end, because every time we've seen them together, Felicity and Diggle are each other's person. They have a great bond and they prioritize and protect one another (when she yells at Oliver for being oblivious to Diggle's breakup with Carly, when Diggle camps outside her place). So we finally have a scene where these two talk to one another, and what do we get? Them talking about Oliver. There is more to their friendship than Oliver and his pain. I want to know how Felicity is feeling about her job and how the rest of the visit with her mother went, how Diggle is feeling about fatherhood and his trepidation about ARGUS and Lyla's work, what they think about the team additions. Why can't we know these characters better? Why do we get countless storylines and scenes about the origin and evolution of countless more masked characters when they're the least interesting? 

• Love 22

I am not understanding how someone can hate two single guys eating a meal with a married couple that invited them over.  Lyla extended the invite through John and was obviously okay with Roy as a fourth.  Being that angry over a friendly meal seems a bit outsized.

Not to speak for the original poster, but my issue with it at least was that the rest of them were getting this awesome bonding friend moment and Felicity didn't get to be a part of it. She's as much part of the team as the rest of them and also could use a lighter moment like that in her life with all the heavy stuff they do. But she's isolated from her friends and her team to have dinner with a guy that had done some things that I thought was weird to get her to go to this dinner. As somebody who really enjoys the Team Arrow dynamics, it would have been nice to see all of them together in a happier setting.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 8

I thought this episode sucked. The actress playing Cupid was awful. I have no interest in Ray and Felicity or Thea and DJ boy. I'm sick of the Hong Kong flashbacks.

I can't believe I'm liking Flash better.

Edited by Writing Wrongs