Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's unfortunate that the show seems, at times, anyway, to be confusing Abigail's unethical nature (pre-breakdown) with her mental health. Abigail's transgressions have been overlooked by the majority of the characters related to her -- which is a lot -- and some who aren't. The only person who seems able to remember that she's actually not that good a person has an ax to grind, and he's trying to make himself look possibly-not-so-bad in comparison. The show's pattern of ignoring or retconning a character's past behaviour when a new performer comes on may have reached a peak with Marci's Miller's introduction, and it's definitely not helping. Personally, I'd be okay (or almost okay) with Jennifer praising her baby to skies, if the rest of the Good People of Salem (tm) didn't just parrot along with her. At least when Julie goes on a squirrelly, fact-lite rant about her poor darling Nick, others have the good sense to give her some side-eye about it.

Also: Abigail did more than help -- she was cheating with him. (Single climber; married climb-ee = both cheaters.) 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

It's unfortunate that the show seems, at times, anyway, to be confusing Abigail's unethical nature (pre-breakdown) with her mental health. Abigail's transgressions have been overlooked by the majority of the characters related to her -- which is a lot -- and some who aren't. The only person who seems able to remember that she's actually not that good a person has an ax to grind, and he's trying to make himself look possibly-not-so-bad in comparison. The show's pattern of ignoring or retconning a character's past behaviour when a new performer comes on may have reached a peak with Marci's Miller's introduction, and it's definitely not helping. Personally, I'd be okay (or almost okay) with Jennifer praising her baby to skies, if the rest of the Good People of Salem (tm) didn't just parrot along with her. At least when Julie goes on a squirrelly, fact-lite rant about her poor darling Nick, others have the good sense to give her some side-eye about it.

Also: Abigail did more than help -- she was cheating with him. (Single climber; married climb-ee = both cheaters.) 

The show has a bad record of recasting characters. They tend to change the character to fit the actor, instead, of finding the right actor to play the role. The only character that remained consistent, after a recast, was Kate.  She became a much darker character due to her life experiences.. Whereas, Abigail, went from a vixen in Kate Mansi to a saintly, meek character in Marcy.  It is why I will never understand why Abigail needed an alter to excuse her horrible behavior.  Her history would tell you that she has no moral compass. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show has a bad record of recasting characters. They tend to change the character to fit the actor, instead, of finding the right actor to play the role. The only character that remained consistent, after a recast, was Kate.  She became a much darker character due to her life experiences.. Whereas, Abigail, went from a vixen in Kate Mansi to a saintly, meek character in Marcy.  It is why I will never understand why Abigail needed an alter to excuse her horrible behavior.  Her history would tell you that she has no moral compass. 

I so agree that Lauren Koslow is the best recast that Days has ever had.  Her version and Debra's are different but still believable as the same person.  Debra's version of Kate made sense for her return to Salem and to connect with Victor and reunite with Marlena, Billlie, and Austin, but Lauren's version of Kate is who she "should" be considering her background. 

• Love 6

Brady can't afford a better place than that?

Paul needs to start thinking that he's going to be in Ari's life if he's planning on a relationship with Will.

Can't Victor use his connections to take Leo down?

I was loving Theresa's actions when Jennifer and Eric came in.

Victor killed Deimos, and not Nicole?

When Victor said "Commissioner Brady", I thought he meant Roman.  Then I realized he meant Hope.

Hm.  I wonder what Xander found ...

1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Even without them Abigail still had her diMera game.  Chad played first, EJ second and Stefan third.

Does Cameron count as DiMera-adjacent?

• Love 5
(edited)

After seeing Xander in the suit I'd rather he go back to walking around shirtless tbh.

I was loving Theresa with JJ and then especially when she was snarky with Jennifer, but then she went all snively again and I was like nope bye. 

Ugh, I love JJ. Give him a story please!

I liked the Sonny/Will/Paul stuff today. But yea @TeeVee329 it was pretty gross of Sonny to make Will getting his memories back about himself.

Eric looks so good nowadays. So thankful he stopped gelling his hair. And that he has a beard/that his beard has white in it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Paul needs to start thinking that he's going to be in Ari's life if he's planning on a relationship with Will.

Can't Victor use his connections to take Leo down?

I was loving Theresa's actions when Jennifer and Eric came in.

When Victor said "Commissioner Brady", I thought he meant Roman.  Then I realized he meant Hope.

Hm.  I wonder what Xander found ...

Ha ha.  Love the Cameron call back.  Another example of Chad not being so honorable.

Wasn't crazy with what they did with Cameron the first time around, but I would love to see what Ron could do with a character like him.  Would love to see Celeste and Cameron  return with Theo when he does. 

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Wasn't crazy with what they did with Cameron the first time around, but I would love to see what Ron could do with a character like him.  Would love to see Celeste and Cameron  return with Theo when he does. 

The show had no use for him. I never understood why they made him Celeste's son, if he was not going to be Stefano's. I know that I bitch about everybody being related on this show.  However, Cameron being a Dimera would have been great.  It would have made sense that Celeste kept another child away from Stefano.  It would have been awesome, if he accepted Stefano and happily embraced his Dimera roots, instead of fighting it and eventually succumbing to it, like Kristen, Megan, Renee, Tony, Chad, Peter and Lexie. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Want me to root for a JJ/Theresa pairing, show? Not on your life! 'Cause I totally could, and would be happy to do so, but, then you would totally eff it up, and I'd just be pissed and disappointed yet again.  

I love both the actors, and I don't see a JJ/Gabi redo in the near future. Sigh. It would be so nice if soaps still had the budgets for sets and decent writers. 

Jennifer was a total bitch to Theresa. It would be so cool to see her stick it to her by snapping JJ up. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Jennifer was a total bitch to Theresa. It would be so cool to see her stick it to her by snapping JJ up. 

To be fair, Theresa was a bitch to her, in the past.  She was concern about her influence on JJ. He did go down a dark path, after shooting Theo. 

I don't think Eric stood up for her enough.  I remember how Kim and Roman were so close. It is a shame that their kids have no relationship.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show had no use for him. I never understood why they made him Celeste's son, if he was not going to be Stefano's. I know that I bitch about everybody being related on this show.  However, Cameron being a Dimera would have been great.  It would have made sense that Celeste kept another child away from Stefano.  It would have been awesome, if he accepted Stefano and happily embraced his Dimera roots, instead of fighting it and eventually succumbing to it, like Kristen, Megan, Renee, Tony, Chad, Peter and Lexie. 

When Cameron was first introduced I envisioned them going a different route with him.  Instead of the silly triangle we got with Chad and Abigail, the far more interesting pair to me was Cameron and Chad and them bonding/fighting/connecting over their relationships to Stefano and Celeste.  Both were raised by one parent who went to great lengths to keep the other parent from being in their lives.  The fact that both their parents spent a majority of their lives together, even when they weren't a couple.  Now both men are adults and have a common sister who they love.

We didn't see Cameron work through any of the resentment towards Celeste or the Dimeras, over the idea that his mother's choice to be the pseudo matriarch of a mob family is what kept her out of his life.  The same resentment that Chad himself has always dealt with and been a huge part of his characterization.  Such a huge part that it is what established his "mother/son" relationship with Kate as a counter to not being able to have a traditional "father/son" relationship with Stefano.

How does Cameron feel about Peter and Kristen's adoption and life with Stefano and Celeste in opposition to his own?  Where was the bonding with Lexie over not having Celeste as his mother growing up?  Was there any resentment that Lexie at least knew Celeste as her "aunt"? 

Hell, does Cameron have any resentment toward Hope?  Instead of raising him as a baby and toddler Celeste was taking care of Hope at the time.

All of the above and Apprentice79's take would of been a lot more interesting than what we got when Cameron was around, which was a lackluster triangle.  For all of Ron's faults I have faith that we would of got a lot of the above explored then.  Or if brought back we can get a far more perplexed character.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, Theresa was a bitch to her, in the past.  She was concern about her influence on JJ. He did go down a dark path, after shooting Theo. 

I don't think Eric stood up for her enough.  I remember how Kim and Roman were so close. It is a shame that their kids have no relationship.

I realize they have history, and I fully expected the tension and was down for it. It's just that I'm getting tired of everybody just acting like Theresa is a shitty mother. She left for a very valid soap opera land reason. When her family was threatened by her murderous drug lord ex-lover, she left to save them and became his sex slave, you know, as you do. I would just like it acknowledged beyond the, "oh, well, that does suck for her, but she probably would have fucked it up, anyway..."  thoughts everyone but Victor and JJ seem to be having. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I realize they have history, and I fully expected the tension and was down for it. It's just that I'm getting tired of everybody just acting like Theresa is a shitty mother. She left for a very valid soap opera land reason. When her family was threatened by her murderous drug lord ex-lover, she left to save them and became his sex slave, you know, as you do. I would just like it acknowledged beyond the, "oh, well, that does suck for her, but she probably would have fucked it up, anyway..."  thoughts everyone but Victor and JJ seem to be having. 

I know I'm done with both Eve and Jennifer spitting out how Theresa is yet another selfish woman who has hurt Brady--seriously, do they not realize that what Theresa did was the opposite of selfish?  Though I did like Theresa's calling her "Jenny" :):

I really want to like Sonny again and there are moments that I do, but his acting like once Will has his memories back, he's going to come back to Sonny is damn obnoxious.  Doesn't Sonny remember that when Will "died", he and Sonny were legally separated and deeply unhappy?  Does he think Will's only going to remember the good times?  And Will has uttered the death knell in his and Paul's relationship once he promised that nothing is going to change in their relationship when he gets his memories back--they are officially doomed.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Sonny, there is no guarantee that if Will does get his memory back, all will be re-set and you will live happily ever after. Will was way too young and inexperienced in life to get married.  He needs to check out his options and see where they take him, whether it is eventually to you or someone else. It just seems to be about control for you. Will is not some prize ham.

Why do Eve and Theresa want Brady? Is he the last available dude in Salem? Does him having a couple of olives short a martini make him desirable?

Eric looked good and is too good for Jennifer.

Xander looks better shirtless or maybe in a less serious suit. He looked like he was playing adult dress-up.

JJ and Theresa would be interesting, but the show would need better writers.

• Love 9

I've had a few ideas about what the could do with Will and the instant lost memories serum and how it could play out with some kinda groundbreaking plots:

1) Will takes the serum and has no effect whatsoever

2) Will takes the serum and gets his memories back and decides to pull a 90210 Donna: he chooses himself over both Paul and Sonny 

3) Will takes the serum and gets his memories back and decides to ask Sonny and Paul to join up and become a throuple (my personal favorite just to watch the  online homophobes completely freak out)

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, madhacker said:

I've had a few ideas about what the could do with Will and the instant lost memories serum and how it could play out with some kinda groundbreaking plots:

2) Will takes the serum and gets his memories back and decides to pull a 90210 Donna: he chooses himself over both Paul and Sonny 

3) Will takes the serum and gets his memories back and decides to ask Sonny and Paul to join up and become a throuple (my personal favorite just to watch the  online homophobes completely freak out)

2)  I think you mean a Kelly "I chose me". lol

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, madhacker said:

Or 4) Will takes the serum and gets his memories back; however, he does not remember falling in love with Paul (poor Paul :((

Edited by MsTree
typo
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Brady and Tate moved into Eve's suite at the Salem Inn while he's looking for a place for them all.

Nicole killed Deimos, but Victor TRIED to do it (by hiring Zander to do it). Nicole beat him to it.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny making Will possibly getting his memories back all about himself, because he needs a win, was yuck-o.

At this point...that's really all it is...or how it comes across. It's not that Will is this great love he has to get back. Will is a prize possession that Sonny has to own and control.. I want to barf. It's not romantic. It's abusive and controlling.

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I consider him to be so. I liked him a lot. He'd fit in great with this crowd. Bring him back. He and Gabi were cute together until his sudden departure.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sonny, there is no guarantee that if Will does get his memory back, all will be re-set and you will live happily ever after. Will was way too young and inexperienced in life to get married.  He needs to check out his options and see where they take him, whether it is eventually to you or someone else. It just seems to be about control for you. Will is not some prize ham.

I keep reading that last sentence like Jasmine from Aladdin..., "I am not some prize to be won." LOL
But yes, exactly that. Sonny thinks of Will like he's a possession. Gross.

8 hours ago, madhacker said:

Option #3, FTW! A friend wrote a really good FF about this a couple years ago (I think it was right after or right before they killed Will). SO good. Yum.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Rowan said:

Want me to root for a JJ/Theresa pairing, show? Not on your life! 'Cause I totally could, and would be happy to do so, but, then you would totally eff it up, and I'd just be pissed and disappointed yet again.  

I love both the actors, and I don't see a JJ/Gabi redo in the near future. Sigh. It would be so nice if soaps still had the budgets for sets and decent writers. 

jennifer is a bitch often . a harpie, concerned only about her slut princess of a daughter and her son. can't stand her. i didn't feel this way in the past when she was newly married to jack. she has turned into probably close how she is in real life, i'm assuming.  and i'm still seeing that she looks like erik's mother or ok, aunt. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show had no use for him.

Given that the model (not actor) who was recast in the role of Cameron was absolutely incompetent and couldn't muster a facial expression, I'm not sure what use could have been made of him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Given that the model (not actor) who was recast in the role of Cameron was absolutely incompetent and couldn't muster a facial expression, I'm not sure what use could have been made of him.

He was not the best, but, he was not the worst either.  It never made any sense to me why the show created the role and never did anything with him. I could understand if he was a character that the writers inherited from a previous regime.   It was just a waste of time.  I liked Cameron, the show could have done a lot with him, had they had any imagination. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

jennifer is a bitch often . a harpie, concerned only about her slut princess of a daughter and her son. can't stand her. i didn't feel this way in the past when she was newly married to jack. she has turned into probably close how she is in real life, i'm assuming.  and i'm still seeing that she looks like erik's mother or ok, aunt. 

Let's not forget that Jennifer's slut princess daughter also abandoned her son and husband, but Abigail is just the bestest mother in all of Salem, and I agree, Jennifer looks and acts like Eric's mother.  And, while she is passing  judgment on Teresa and JJ for their past bad behavior, did she forget about her and Eric's hookups while they were both high and in addict denial.  Okay for them to heal and hook up again, though.  What a hypocrite and shrew she is.

• Love 11
(edited)

Ahhhh, I'd forgotten the glee it gives me when Theresa taunts Jennifer, "Hi, Jenny!" 

Would it it kill Eric to actually support Theresa, even a little?  He's her cousin, he knows what she's been through and considering his own past, he should be more supportive.  That disapproving frown frown Jenny must be contagious.

So we've got Maggie, Jenny, Eve, Theresa, and now Eric who seem to think Brady needs protecting because .... he's such a nice person?  Yeah?  Every single one of them have been on the receiving end of his dead-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth rage, foul and underhanded treatment, the threat of physical violence never far from the surface.

If they all banded together to have him neutered and sent to live on a farm in the country, it would make more sense.  Of course, these same people think Rafe is a great guy.

Pickings are mighty slim in old Salem town.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
(edited)

My goodness! why must the show always make Sonny look bad, it reminds me of 2015, when Will was written as desperate jerk.  I wish that Sonny would just relax.

Theresa is also written as desperate and pathetic. For Theresa to work, she should be written as a villainess. She should have taken off with Xander.  Theresa is too isolated as a Brady.  It would  be awesome, if Kayla and Theresa would interact.. She grew up with her.  

Brady and Eve are just repulsive, as individuals and as a couple.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Shenanigans said:

Let's not forget that Jennifer's slut princess daughter also abandoned her son and husband, but Abigail is just the bestest mother in all of Salem, and I agree, Jennifer looks and acts like Eric's mother.  And, while she is passing  judgment on Teresa and JJ for their past bad behavior, did she forget about her and Eric's hookups while they were both high and in addict denial.  Okay for them to heal and hook up again, though.  What a hypocrite and shrew she is.

yes yes yes. 

• Love 5

They're destroying Kayla by making her trash her ethics.

Ooh, Xander reading Sonny for filth.  Loved it.

Ugh, Theresa, grow a ... pair(?), stop selling yourself for a man.

Why is Eve dressed like she's going out for an evening?

Ted is Leo's lawyer, Kate, not yours.

Yeah, Sami would definitely blame Marlena if anything went bad with the injection.

It would make more sense for Kayla to have seen Kate with Leo, instead of Ted.

Sonny is such a stalker.

• Love 3

I love Kayla. 

Xander's reading of Sonny was lovely. And I like Sonny lol.

I fast forwarded all the Brady/Eve and Brady/Eve/Theresa scenes. Just no thanks. Ugh, why can't Theresa just move the fuck on from Brady? Ditto Eve. This story is the worst.

The Kate/Giles Marini scenes were boring as hell.

I am interested to see what happens with Will and this memory serum. I can't imagine he'll actually get his memories back yet.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, boes said:

Ahhhh, I'd forgotten the glee it gives me when Theresa taunts Jennifer, "Hi, Jenny!" 

Would it it kill Eric to actually support Theresa, even a little?  He's her cousin, he knows what she's been through and considering his own past, he should be more supportive.  That disapproving frown frown Jenny must be contagious.

So we've got Maggie, Jenny, Eve, Theresa, and now Eric who seem to think Brady needs protecting because .... he's such a nice person?  Yeah?  Every single one of them have been on the receiving end of his dead-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth rage, foul and underhanded treatment, the threat of physical violence never far from the surface.

If they all banded together to have him neutered and sent to live on a farm in the country, it would make more sense.  Of course, these same people think Rafe is a great guy.

Pickings are mighty slim in old Salem town.

Eric would not even take up for his twin sister, Sami much less his counsin.

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Kayla. 

Xander's reading of Sonny was lovely. And I like Sonny lol.

I fast forwarded all the Brady/Eve and Brady/Eve/Theresa scenes. Just no thanks. Ugh, why can't Theresa just move the fuck on from Brady? Ditto Eve. This story is the worst.

The Kate/Giles Marini scenes were boring as hell.

I am interested to see what happens with Will and this memory serum. I can't imagine he'll actually get his memories back yet.

I think that we  are the only ones on this board that likes Sonny. It feels odd to me because I remember how everybody hated Will and thought that Sonny could do better. Now it is the reverse. l

I see people on other boards are making fun of Freddie's weight. I find that to be unfair and vicious.. Not everybody has to be muscular with a six pack.. I think that Freddie is a very handsome man. I just wish that they would dress him better.  Not just him, but, everybody.. Except for Jennifer Lilley, her clothing have been on point.. She is a beautiful woman and her eyes are amazing. I just wish that her hair was better, it looks like a wig..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I just wish that they would dress [Sonny] better.  Not just him, but, everybody.. 

This. Sonny's costuming is atrocious. Most of the characters' wardrobes are pretty bad, but his takes the cake.

Yea, I wasn't around here or anywhere during the beginnings of Sonny and Sonny/Will, but I remember it seeming like people liked him/them and now most everyone here hates him/them. It's so weird how sentiments so drastically change.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. Sonny's costuming is atrocious. Most of the characters' wardrobes are pretty bad, but his takes the cake.

Yea, I wasn't around here or anywhere during the beginnings of Sonny and Sonny/Will, but I remember it seeming like people liked him/them and now most everyone here hates him/them. It's so weird how sentiments so drastically change.

To be fair, Sonny has gotten bad writing and Freddie's acting skills has eroded. He was pretty decent in his original stint on the show. He made Sonny, so normal, for a character, in a soap. Sonny was comfortable being a Gay man, something that you don't see in Daytime.  He was a wonderful contrast to Will who was struggling with his sexuality..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Xander (to Sonny): I bet your hubby didn't really lose his memory, he was just looking for the fastest way to dump you.

Me: *drops to floor dead*

Man, but that was COLD!  So much of Sonny's identity is tied to his relationship with Will and he really needs to take a step back and reevaluate his life.  He needs to get a grip on reality because what if the serum doesn't work and Will never gets his memories back?  It's time for him to actually move on with his life and try to find his own happiness again.

I do like that Marlena is deeply worried for Will but in the end, this is his choice and that needs to be respected.  I loved how Will winced when he saw the needle and that he had to look away when Marlena injected him--I'm the same way, I can't look at the needle piercing my skin :)  Will and Paul are adorable together and how cute was Will's kissing Paul's hand?

I liked the brief Xander/Theresa scene--those two could have an interesting friendship.  I wonder if that will actually happen?  Eve and Brady are obnoxious as hell and I just want Theresa to focus on Tate and forget the idiots in love.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I liked the brief Xander/Theresa scene--those two could have an interesting friendship.  I wonder if that will actually happen?  Eve and Brady are obnoxious as hell and I just want Theresa to focus on Tate and forget the idiots in love.

I think that Xander/Theresa could have been interesting.. Even if they never became a romantic pairing, but, a friendship would have been nice. We don't get enough friendships on the show.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So much of Sonny's identity is tied to his relationship with Will and he really needs to take a step back and reevaluate his life.  He needs to get a grip on reality because what if the serum doesn't work and Will never gets his memories back?  It's time for him to actually move on with his life and try to find his own happiness again.

I mean, I get longing for the good ol' days with Will after he tried to move on and this disaster with Leo happened, but he seriously needs to get a grip.  Because even if Will does get his memory back, things don't reset back to one, he'll still have his memories of falling for Paul.  But given how coldly Sonny dropped Paul in the first place, maybe he assumes Will will (heh) do the same.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, his acting really has eroded. It's such a stark contrast.

It's weird.  I started to notice Freddie's acting getting more and more stilted shortly after Chandler Massey left.  His delivery became oddly staccato and he began accenting his syllables with hand movements.  Add to that the writing change that took Sonny from nice guy who wanted noting to do with Titan or corporate anything to fighting for the CEO position and becoming obsessed with taking down Deimos made for an unlikable combination.  I began feeling sorry for Paul that he had to put up with Sonny early last year.  

I don't know that Freddie was ever cut out to play the tough business tycoon type, but he definitely couldn't pull it off the last few years.  And now even his nice guy stuff that he used to excel at and that made him one of my favorites when he first arrived feels forced an awkward now. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

It's weird.  I started to notice Freddie's acting getting more and more stilted shortly after Chandler Massey left.  His delivery became oddly staccato and he began accenting his syllables with hand movements.  Add to that the writing change that took Sonny from nice guy who wanted noting to do with Titan or corporate anything to fighting for the CEO position and becoming obsessed with taking down Deimos made for an unlikable combination.  I began feeling sorry for Paul that he had to put up with Sonny early last year.  

I don't know that Freddie was ever cut out to play the tough business tycoon type, but he definitely couldn't pull it off the last few years.  And now even his nice guy stuff that he used to excel at and that made him one of my favorites when he first arrived feels forced an awkward now. 

Agreed.  Taking Sonny in the Kiriakis business direction was a bad move.  I loved early Sonny, his portrayal, as has been said by others, as a confident gay man, establishing his own identity in his family and in Salem.  I liked him best in the days when he had the coffee shop, etc., before the move to Titan and part of Victor's inner circle.  While I liked Will well enough I did think Sonny was making a mistake hooking up with him.

I still cut Sonny as much slack as I can and don't find him talking and hoping about Will regaining his memories of them as out-of-bounds selfish.  Thing he seems to be forgetting is that Will may end up remembering it all, including the bad, something Sonny seems to have forgotten - Forgotten that Will was a real shit before he got killed (for a short time).

I've gotten fonder of Paul in the last few months than I've ever been.  But he's been so stupid getting involved with Will.  It can't end well and he should have known that and steered as clear as he could.  

Will ........ I'm glad he's alive, I'm glad this legacy character was brought back, but MAN I have little patience for him.  He's such a naif.  But not to worry - and he won't - somebody is always there to pick up the pieces and cushion his fall.  

• Love 6

How much of a dose of Rolf's drug does Will need to 'recover' his memories. Be careful of what you wish for.

Theresa probably is more capable of running Bella than Eve. Why they both want Brady is beyond me. Surely Eve sees the type of dude that he is. And she still wants him? If her little sis wants the lunkhead so much, let her have him!

Wonder if Xander will go and find Nicole and stir up things for Eric and Jenny.

Kayla, you go girl, and spy on Kate. Her involvement with the Leo thing and wanting control of Titan - must be some company or stick it Victor plan - should be made public.

A lime shortage at the Brady pub? Say it isn't so.

• Love 6

How can these writers be so ridiculously tone deaf? Eve is calling Theresa a bitch because she is desperate to hang on to the meathead she loves and gave up everything to protect. Stupid, maybe, but a little bitch? I'm so over Brady and the latest love of his life. She'll get the lying bitch/whore/slut betrayal lecture before the year is out. 

I hope Theresa goes scorched earth on both their asses. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Eric would not even take up for his twin sister, Sami much less his counsin.

Fortunately for Sami and Theresa, they are smarter and much more capable than Eric or Brady.  I know Sami and Theresa have done some terrible things, but Brady is no saint, and I'll take a character like Sami over the rest of these characters just about any day of the week.

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, Sonny has gotten bad writing and Freddie's acting skills has eroded. He was pretty decent in his original stint on the show. He made Sonny, so normal, for a character, in a soap. Sonny was comfortable being a Gay man, something that you don't see in Daytime.  He was a wonderful contrast to Will who was struggling with his sexuality..

I really liked that about Sonny.  I also like that Sonny and Will have to deal with the same issues hetero couples face on soaps, but the Days writers seem determined to ruin every single character on canvas.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't understand why the show continues to have Sonny/Freddie act aggressive towards these real alpha men. All it does is showcase that Freddie cannot pull off the role of being a mobster Kiriakis, something the show has been trying to push, unsuccessfully, since the Dena era. They need to move on with him, but I have no idea where they would even go at this point. For me, the character of Sonny has become so distorted that I actively root against him now, it's a weird combination of the bad writing he received during the last regime and the fact that Freddie does not care about the role anymore. I think since Ron came on, the writing for him as gotten marginally better and has been these past few weeks and even today so I feel like that can't even be used as an excuse anymore. When I came back for Chandler late last year, I caught myself up on what I missed and was shocked to see how mediocre Freddie became since CM departed. I thought the return would light a fire under him again, but it hasn't. As others have mentioned, even the role he was successful in when he was playing the "good guy" just comes off as fake now. Having him involved in the family business is a great idea (although OOC) and would be interesting, if Freddie was capable of portraying that role- but at this point I don't even know what role he fits on the canvas anymore.

Sonny acted so selfishly today it was unreal. Who cares if my ex-husband who I still love is injecting himself with a mystery drug made from a recipe of a mad scientist, at least I'll have my man back! : ) I don't buy that Will will be happy with Sonny long term. Will is a cheater, even if he picks Sonny, Will is the impulsive one so I can see another affair happening. What would make it more interesting, is bringing on another gay character with similar characteristics to EJ/Xander, a bad boy for Will. It would be a nice counter balance to the two "good" guys; Paul and Sonny. I feel like Sonny is still a boy, having his mother break up fights he would never win, wanting to tattle to Victor on Xander and talking about how much his daddy loves him- it was all so cringeworthy today. 

I'm excited for CM to play Will with his memories returning and I loved Marlena saying that Sami would be pissed at her if something happened to Will. I think that's an understatement. I adore Will and Marlena and DH's and CM's chemistry is amazing and has remained after all these years away.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Xander (to Sonny): I bet your hubby didn't really lose his memory, he was just looking for the fastest way to dump you.

Me: *drops to floor dead*

I love you for that. I want to have all of Xander's babies for saying it.

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that we  are the only ones on this board that likes Sonny. It feels odd to me because I remember how everybody hated Will and thought that Sonny could do better. Now it is the reverse. l

I liken my feelings about Sonny and WilSon to how I felt/feel about Twilight:
When I first read Twilight, I got caught up in the "romance" of it, etc... it was a lovely little story about a regular girl and her knight in shining fangs. Then as time passed, I saw it for what it was: a guide for making stalking and abusive behavior the norm.

WRT Sonny/WilSon: I got caught up in the LGBT aspects of it. I've always loved Will. I adored Chandler's portrayal of him. I thought it was romantic that Sonny was there for Will as he came out and then it was amazing how they got together through all the Sami/Gabi/Nick/Ariana drama. 

Now I see it differently: Sonny literally groomed Will to be his husband. He took a questioning young baby gay and groomed him into a relationship. Will needed to sow some oats, not move in with his boyfriend then get married. Once they were married, Sonny was hardly ever supportive of Will. He judged him. He belittled him (subtly). I really think that their marriage was borderline emotional abuse.

I'm not glossing over the cheating at all. Will was 100% in the wrong there. But...Sonny emotionally cheated, too.No one mentions that...and completely and totally encouraged Paul's stalking. Knowing how it made Will feel to have Paul around (the man he cheated on his husband with...and the man who was his husband's first love), Sonny kept encouraging Paul's presence. That IS emotional abuse.

Freddie: he's never been a good actor, IMO. I tolerated Sonny for Will's sake. Freddie's only shining moment was when Will was recovering from his gun shot wound. Everything else? No. Freddie has no range except, "sell my MLM" voice. It shines through everything and sullies it all.

I hate the clothing on this show, too. If the actors push, they can wear what they want. Guy Wilson mentioned he didn't know that until after he left. He hated the sweaters and vests. Casey Diedrick wore what he wanted to. I wonder if these teeshirt/flannel combos are Chandler's choice or the wardrobe department...b/c I really miss that tight AF green tee he wore back in the day. [/shalllow]

Eric is an idiot not to stick up for theresa in some way. I hope he suffers with what's coming up next. Jen, too. I'm vengeful about my soap characters. LOL

• Love 3

It’s totally out of character for Eric not to be there for Teresa.   Jens a bad influence on him.   I do remember him sticking up for his sister with Jennifer.   It was their first fight.  

• Love 11

FIrst off, Xander has a rather large chest. He's not classically good looking but he does have a look. LOL!! He's a good character to stir up trouble though. He has a few good one liners to throw in for the citizens of Salem. I know Jen Lilley is short term but I don't know about Xander. In theory, he could be around long enough for AZ to come back but she just started and won't be seen for months. I'm not sure of the time line and contracts if Xander will be here or not. That's the one thing I don't like about DAYS taping schedule. They keep popping actors in and out that I never know who is here long term or not. Also, GV looks amazing when he hair long hair, short hair, beard & no beard. Is there no look he can't carry off? Too bad they have him with Jen. I think GV and MR are friends but their characters are way toooooooo boring to be together. There is no heat. If you don't have heat with Vaughan you're in trouble. I guess he could always take his shirt off in the mean time. After all, it's summer in Salem.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Now I see it differently: Sonny literally groomed Will to be his husband. He took a questioning young baby gay and groomed him into a relationship. Will needed to sow some oats, not move in with his boyfriend then get married. Once they were married, Sonny was hardly ever supportive of Will. He judged him. He belittled him (subtly). I really think that their marriage was borderline emotional abuse.

Grooming sounds very bad. That is what abusers do their victim.  We all see things differently. Will chose to get in a relationship with Sonny without dating other people first. That was his choice. Sonny is not responsible for that. It was probably foolish for Sonny to get into a relationship with Will. That was also his choice, as well. His mother Adrienne warned him about rushing it with Will. She even used her own marriage to Justin, as an example. She also married young and had children very fast. Adrienne was not even 25 and was already a mother of 4.  It is probably why infidelities were always a part of her marriage to Justin.  I never saw it as Sonny taking advantage of Will.  No one has ever said that Bo groomed Hope to be his wife. She lost her virginity to Bo and married him.. Bo was the only man that she had ever been with, before she died.. 

• Love 8