Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, bannana said:

Oh, but the best thing is, that Valerie will not run. She is fierce.  Did I mention, I love Valerie?  I want to be Valerie.

And she will take care of Julie.

I am looking forward to this storyline, and, Lani, you are so out of your game.  Don't even try.

That is so true.  I loved it when she told Marlena that she wasn't sorry.  

Eli doesn't deserve to be stuck with Lani.

• Love 9

I don't love Valerie. She should lose her job for reading Lani's medical records. I might love her in some other storyline, but she is being way too righteous about something that she never should have known about in the first place.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, annabel said:

I don't love Valerie. She should lose her job for reading Lani's medical records. I might love her in some other storyline, but she is being way too righteous about something that she never should have known about in the first place.

She made a choice.  Maybe she should lose her job.  Who is going to out her?

• Love 3

The alters fight was lame, but at least it didn't end with Gabby escaping, but with the surprise escape of Abby.  

So tired of Angry Abe being the angriest character on the show.  Since Steve just went blind, you'd think he'd currently hold that title but, nope, it's Angry Abe. 

I actually enjoyed the chess match. And for the first time I saw possible potential for Stefan. 

And, as always, love John and Marlena.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, buffynut said:

The alters fight was lame, but at least it didn't end with Gabby escaping, but with the surprise escape of Abby.  

So tired of Angry Abe being the angriest character on the show.  Since Steve just went blind, you'd think he'd currently hold that title but, nope, it's Angry Abe. 

I actually enjoyed the chess match. And for the first time I saw possible potential for Stefan. 

And, as always, love John and Marlena.

I am also tired of Abe and I defended him when he was raging about Theo.  Lani was wrong.  Abe has to remember that Valerie was defending her son, like any mother would. 

Valerie is awesome and I loved her defiance. Vanessa Williams is so beautiful. I wish that Valerie had more to do.

I wish that Steve was not so zen about his blindness. I wish that Stayla had their own home.  It is ridiculous how everything happens either at the pub or the damn square. I hate that set with a passion.  The show looks so cheap..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I want to have Val's babies. She is fierce and awesome. She deserves better than Abe. Suspend her for the medical records thing. Other than that? She did nothing wrong "to" Lani. Lani needs to stfu about that. Val didn't out her. God. 

• Love 10
On 4/2/2018 at 4:57 PM, Silver Raven said:

"One of the most feared attorneys in all of Salem." Not that that's much of a bar. Especially when that attorney just tried a murder case without presenting any witnesses.

Yeah, leading in a field of two isn't exactly earth-shattering.

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show looks so cheap..

Looks and is.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am also tired of Abe and I defended him when he was raging about Theo.  Lani was wrong.  Abe has to remember that Valerie was defending her son, like any mother would. 

Valerie is awesome and I loved her defiance. Vanessa Williams is so beautiful. I wish that Valerie had more to do.

I wish that Steve was not so zen about his blindness. I wish that Stayla had their own home.  It is ridiculous how everything happens either at the pub or the damn square. I hate that set with a passion.  The show looks so cheap..

MBE was on Dishin Days recently and she talked about her beautiful house, and said that she and SN keep reminding the producers that they have a beautiful house set, because they too wish they could have scenes there.

• Love 10
(edited)

Will and Paul talking about being cocky and pitching while in bed together?  I see you, Ron!  Reminded me of OLTL when Stacy and Kim were making a list of potential baby daddies to replace Rex's spawn and Kim noted about the then-closeted Fish, "Maybe he's an ass man."  Hee!

I also loved Will mentioning/being stunned by Vivian's past of burying people, plural, double hee!

Marlena's face when Abigail transitioned in front of her was...kinda everything?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
On 4/3/2018 at 3:48 AM, Rowan said:

Good God, Abe is an ass. I find his upward head tilt with accompanying eye squint of judgement so annoying these days. 

I think James Reynolds must miss the good old Days days, when he was (a) on often enough not to get quite so rusty, and (b) paired up on the regular with ol' Fishhook-Face Hogestyn, where his acting might look subtle in comparison. (I mean, that "confrontation" between Abe and Valerie? Jeeebus.)

• Love 5
(edited)

MBE was on Dishin Days recently and she talked about her beautiful house, and said that she and SN keep reminding the producers that they have a beautiful house set, because they too wish they could have scenes there.

I do too! They need to wash away the traces of Ava from that couch though...

I want to have Val's babies. She is fierce and awesome. She deserves better than Abe. Suspend her for the medical records thing. Other than that? She did nothing wrong "to" Lani. Lani needs to stfu about that. Val didn't out her. God. 

I know! How many people does Lame-O Lani want to hurt? Now she wants to break up her father and Val, even though she's the only woman he's been excited about since Lexi? What the what is wrong with you?? Your "plan" was stupid. It was going to be found out once a dark-skinned kid came out of you. Val just happened to figure it out first.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I do too! They need to wash away the traces of Ava from that couch though...

Ugh, thanks for reminding me.  There was really nothing of Steve and Kayla's that Dena didn't shit all over.  SN and MBE still have it, but I really wish they had never come back and I could remember their story the way it was.

In general, I don't know why the show chooses to invest in a few big sets, instead of more smaller ones.  Steve and Kayla's house was beautiful, but no one has really cared about them since Josh Griffith left, and they were never going to keep putting up that set just for them.  For storytelling, a few smaller sets would go a long way.

I wish that Steve was not so zen about his blindness.

Me too.  Maybe he's supposed to be "evolved" now, but it just seems out of character to me.  I miss his passion.

Edited by lska
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I know! How many people does Lame-O Lani want to hurt? Now she wants to break up her father and Val, even though she's the only woman he's been excited about since Lexi? What the what is wrong with you?? Your "plan" was stupid. It was going to be found out once a dark-skinned kid came out of you. Val just happened to figure it out first.

Not really, Lani could have passed off Eli's child as JJ's.  How would JJ know? Lani is Black and he would expect their "child" to be of color.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lska said:

Me too.  Maybe he's supposed to be "evolved" now, but it just seems out of character to me.  I miss his passion.

In the scene with Tripp, anyway, I thought Steve was clearly fronting. I think he thinks he's supposed to be all Zen about it -- but is he?

• Love 7

Paul, you really shouldn't be talking about your clients with anybody, even your boyfriend.

Will was nominated for a journalism award?

Ew. Do we really want to know about Vivian's empty parts?

Sonny, there's no reason that you have to try to make a lifelong commitment with this guy you met on Grindr.  Play the field a while.

• Love 5

I'm guessing Eli's darker skin tone plus Lani's medium would have produced something noticeably darker than a Lani/JJ child.

Plus, this is Salem....how long before the kid would need a blood transfusion or bone marrow donation? Lani would have been caught either way, unless she fled town Valerie-style.

I kinda see this whole story as Valerie's, really. She's in the most interesting position, getting a do-over that jeopardizes her job and her relationshio with Abe. I hope she breaks up with him and meets someone new. She has potential if they give her room to be more than an accessory to Abe The Veteran Who Deserves A Trophy Wife.

Plus I'd enjoy their relationship more if she isn't forced to be a doormat to his BS (...the way Kayla, Hope and Marlena are....)

• Love 6
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

aul, you really shouldn't be talking about your clients with anybody, even your boyfriend.

Will was nominated for a journalism award?

Is Will his boyfriend? I didn't know they were exclusive but I find Will to be dull, dull, dull so I tend to zone out during his scenes.

Will should never be nominated for a journalism award. When Paul praised Will's talent, he mentioned how Will couldn't be bothered to do any research on the person that he was interviewing. He didn't mentioned the fact that after the interview, Will slept with his interview subject.

So Gabi is facing jail. Sonny didn't have Arianna, but that's okay because Will has a ton of relatives who can take care of her (today it was Lucas). Prior to this new job, Will was unemployed and did nothing except hang out with Paul. They don't have to show the child actress that plays Arianna. Just have Will mention to Paul that he dropped her off at Lucas' after spending the afternoon with her. Is Will going to show more effort if/when Gabi is sent to prison with his child? 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6

I am dying here with all the Lani hate and Valerie love......I just do not see either...like, at all!  lol  But that is why I like e reading thse forums because there are so many difft opinions about characters and actors.  But again, I cannot see the Val love.  Vanessa is an awful actress.  Just awful. I was an avid Melrose fan and to me it looks like she hasn't changed/improved as an actress at all.  She was awful on Melrose and was only on first season, and she hasnt gotten any better in the past 25 years.  Seriously, when she is on screen I cannot even pay attention to what she and others are saying cuz I am just concentrating on how bad she is!  That scene in the Pub when she told JJ and Lani they shouldnt get married I was literally laughing cuz it was so awful.  She is like old nuCiara bad to me. On the flip side, I don't think Lani is that bad, although she definitely is better at crying/angst than happy scenes.  At least I can see her improvement since she first appeared.  I think she should give baby up....I see Eli amd especially Valerie being nothing but a PITA to Lani.  And Val should most definitely be held accountable for looking in Lani med records.  Then again, Jennifer did the same thing,  it at least that was her daughters records!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I am dying here with all the Lani hate and Valerie love......I just do not see either...like, at all!  lol  But that is why I like e reading thse forums because there are so many difft opinions about characters and actors.  But again, I cannot see the Val love.  Vanessa is an awful actress.  Just awful. I was an avid Melrose fan and to me it looks like she hasn't changed/improved as an actress at all.  She was awful on Melrose and was only on first season, and she hasnt gotten any better in the past 25 years

She was also on The Flash playing Iris and Wally's mom and I thought she was pretty effective as a former drug addict trying to make things right with the family she'd abandoned.  But then again, maybe it's because I love how fierce her Val is :)

On today's episode, I think MM is at her best playing the confused and afraid Abby then she is as either Dr. Laura or Gabby, although I do want to see Marlena out-shrink Dr. Laura :)  Sonny is moving too fast but I think that's just his "I'm totally over Will--SEE, I'm with a new guy!"  It's kind of sad but when it blows up in his face, then he'll be able to move on.  Will and Paul have an easy camaraderie but I'm not seeing an epic love, just too guys who like each other and are attracted to each other. 

Here's the million dollar question:  when was Will nominated for a journalism award?  That was a retcon right?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

I don't recall Will getting any journalism award nomination. Just that he worked for the tabloid.

Sonny, aren't you a little suspicious that some dude just seemed to fall in to your lap? Bide your time, get to know some other people too. I'd check this dude out and why he is so keen on you - other than the Kiriakis name and wealth.

I do like that Chad has a decent relationship with Kate.

How nice that Marlena also has glasses that 'Laura' can put on as her affectation or whatever it is for her 'identity'. Marlena will need to outshrink the shrink when she realizes that she is up against Dr. Laura.  Unless Abs went to college and took some psychology courses, how would she know a lot or anything about personalities, the psyche, etc. Marlena probably suspected DID but played her cards close to her chest.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How nice that Marlena also has glasses that 'Laura' can put on as her affectation or whatever it is for her 'identity'. Marlena will need to outshrink the shrink when she realizes that she is up against Dr. Laura.  Unless Abs went to college and took some psychology courses, how would she know a lot or anything about personalities, the psyche, etc. Marlena probably suspected DID but played her cards close to her chest.

The only reason Laura will even know the terminology about DID is probably from talking with Stefan. Just like Gabby didn't instant knowledge in Spanish, Laura did not get any to fake being a psychiatrist except to parrot what she heard when she was in the mental hospital and treated by real doctors.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, annabel said:

Marlena in doctor-mode is my favorite Marlena

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It always gets her in trouble. 

I'm wondering if "Dr. Laura" will kidnap Marlena, to protect Abigail from being told the truth.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sonny, aren't you a little suspicious that some dude just seemed to fall in to your lap? Bide your time, get to know some other people too. I'd check this dude out and why he is so keen on you - other than the Kiriakis name and wealth.

Anywhere else a gay guy like Sonny hooking up with some dude from Grindr would be par for the course. In Salem he should be very suspicious.

• Love 7

As stupid as this Steve storyline is, Stephen Nichols is killing it.

Roman doesn't just run the pub, he does the cooking, too?

Damn, Doctor Laura texts fast!!!

We finally get Steve and Stefan together. "You remind me of somebody I was close to.  My uncle.  Different life, different time, different place." LOL

When did Doctor Laura read all of these studies?

• Love 7

Marlena told Abby that she loves her today. Why? I don’t remember her being close to Jack and Jennifer while Abby was growing up. I guess because she is Laura’s granddaughter.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

We finally get Steve and Stefan together. "You remind me of somebody I was close to.  My uncle.  Different life, different time, different place." LOL

Oh, so that was a reference to another show????   I thought perhaps they were foreshadowing revealing more about Stefan's past.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Oh, so that was a reference to another show????   I thought perhaps they were foreshadowing revealing more about Stefan's past

But that actually might be interesting and not have anything to do with the Abby mess of a storyline. Can’t have that.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But that actually might be interesting and not have anything to do with the Abby mess of a storyline. Can’t have that.

That's exactly what I thought was going to happen.  Introduce some intriguing connection to Steve or Steve's family and drag Stefan away from his pathetic (G)abby obsession.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

As stupid as this Steve storyline is, Stephen Nichols is killing it.

I loved those scenes today - and you could tell that SN and TC were glad to be working together again. 

• Love 4

No idea on the GH reference.

Wonder if Dr. Marlena really thought that Dr. Laura turned back to 'Abigail'. Or just played along. One of these days, someone will not have reading or other glasses. Dr. Laura seemed quite proud of her psych knowledge. Baffling as Abs hasn't shown any interest in the area. Unless she spent time reading at the hospital.

Don't really care about Lani and the baby and the lies.

Jennifer and Eric, yawn.

• Love 4

Vanessa is an awful actress.  Just awful. I was an avid Melrose fan and to me it looks like she hasn't changed/improved as an actress at all.  She was awful on Melrose and was only on first season, and she hasnt gotten any better in the past 25 years.

I would agree, but add that this role is better suited to her skills. The good girl is her wheelhouse, but she's bringing more to it with those "excuse me, bitch?" glances she's throwing at Abe and Lani. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

Oh, so that was a reference to another show????   I thought perhaps they were foreshadowing revealing more about Stefan's past.

Yes, SN played TC, uncle on General Hospital. He raised him and was believed to be his father (changing the story to make SN uncle was a bust that never really went anywhere , so it shou,d have been left alone, but that’s just me).  MBE had a relationship with SN’s character and wound up sleeping with TC’s character. Thus far, TC is not impressing and he did not hold his own with with Nichols and Evans.

Surprise, Surprise, Lani remains a non-entity as a character and at this point, her lack of impact can no longer be laid at the feet of anyone other than the actress.  I personally think Lani needs to be written out of the show. Have her miscarry and leave to reflect on the mess she has made of her life.  If the character comes back, she needs to be recast.

In another non-surprise, which I predicted when I left the show with the offensive use of Theo being shot by JJ the cop storyline, JJ remains on canvass, Theo is gone and essentially forgotten and they have found a way to shove Lani and Eli down our throats as a potential chemistry-free couple.  Days remains the same as it ever was when it comes to race relations (heck even the Lani is Abe’s daughter reflects this.  There were much more interesting choices for who Lani could be related to, other than the one black character on the canvass at that time.  Heck, have her be related to no one and simply be someone who moves to Salem, ushering in a potential new family). My only wrong call was Claire being paired with Ava’s spawn, and that’s only because they decided to go with New, new Ciara.

• Love 4

I always like it when shows do a little nod to actors who have worked together before, or an actor's past history or whatever, so I enjoyed Tyler with Stephen and MaryBeth today. two of my favorites from way back were when Terry Lester took over as the second Mason Capwell and said he had been living as "Jack Davies", Jack being the name of his Y&R character and Davies the name of his predecessor in the role, Lane Davies. And when A Martinez joined LA Law someone asked him what he'd been doing before and he said he'd been living in Santa Barbara. There was also one when A started on GH, but I can't remember what it was

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Could someone please fill me in on the Steve & Stefan past relationship? 

Edited by MsTree
Question already answered?
  • Love 1

I did not see "Happytobehere" answer before I posted the above ^^  ...but if you have any more to add, would love to hear about it.  Kayla slept with Stefan on GH??? 

• Love 1
On 4/3/2018 at 3:57 PM, Silver Raven said:

They really didn't notify Tripp about how bad Steve's condition had gotten before springing it on him in public at his place of work?

If I had just gone totally blind only hours before, I would certainly not be going to the mall and eating out in public. I'd be at home learning my way around there first and working through what was happening to me!

• Love 5
On 4/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, Frozendiva said:

I don't recall Will getting any journalism award nomination. Just that he worked for the tabloid.

I do like that Chad has a decent relationship with Kate.

I don't remember the award...but he did get a fellowship. That was when he went to Cali the first time...to facilitate Chandler being out of the country an extra week on his family vacay. 

Sonny is stupid...and constantly looking for true love. It's boring. Have some fun. If it's meant to be more than a roll in the hay, it will be. Stop forcing shit.

I LOVE Chad and Kate. She's been a mother figure since OG Chad and his paternity reveal. She hooked with his mother. LOL. 

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They were uncle and nephew on GH.

I was gonna add the MBE part but you guys are faster than I am.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If I had just gone totally blind only hours before, I would certainly not be going to the mall and eating out in public. I'd be at home learning my way around there first and working through what was happening to me!

Steve and Kayla don't have a house, they live at the Square or the hospital.

• Love 14

swtrgrl, I get the sense that Sonny can't stand being alone. And it's a way to one-up the ex. Plus getting his own way. The thing with the ex is that the ex has memory loss and no memory of his time with you. Sonny also got involved with Will when he was very young and really has no idea what he wants in life. 

I'd be cautious and not hook up with anyone that comes my way  unless I check them out - I would think most gay men would disclose STDs and HIV status. Once that is cleared up, yeah, I'd keep my options open, have some fun, but not be a relationship jumper or a rebounder. Those never usually end well.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wonder if Dr. Marlena really thought that Dr. Laura turned back to 'Abigail'. Or just played along. One of these days, someone will not have reading or other glasses. Dr. Laura seemed quite proud of her psych knowledge. Baffling as Abs hasn't shown any interest in the area. Unless she spent time reading at the hospital.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she was doing at the hospital.  She certainly wasn't doing her job!

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

17 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I loved those scenes today - and you could tell that SN and TC were glad to be working together again. 

I Loved there scene and bringing Kayla aka Katherine Bell just was the icing on the cake. It was wonderful to see them all together again.

• Love 3