Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, janeyjay said:

Rafe, to Carrie: "Hope and I weren't together at the time -- we had broken up."

He has pulled the Ross Geller card. It was bound to happen sometime.

ross on a break.gif

Yep, I called that when it happened!

• Love 2

That clanky music they play in the Paul and John scenes is annoying af.

Hattie is hilarious.

Hope in her office can't hear all of the commotion going on outside?

Kind of disappointing that the stalker is Hattie, I would have preferred something more dramatic.

"I always keep my cool."  Steve may disagree

So everybody walked away from the funeral before the coffin was lowered into the ground?

• Love 3

Well, I absolutely wasn't expecting the stalker to be Hattie.  It's makes sense, though. Well except the part that she just wandered out of Statesville at least a couple days ago, and apparently they haven't noticed yet, since she thinks she can just head on back on her own.  

Abby's grief over Andre is ridiculous. I kept thinking it must fake.  Especially when she was the only one left and she put the rose on the coffin. I could have sworn I saw a smirk, and was expecting her to say something like "good riddance", but she just left.

I keep comparing Stefan to Deimos, and of the 2 retconned characters, I'm enjoying Stefan a lot more. His instant infatuation with Abby is stupid, but he is easy on the eyes.  And I do enjoy his scenes with Vivian.

Really hope the Safe reveal puts a permanent end to Rope.  I'd be ok, though, if Rafe whines for a second insisting "we were on a break".  LOL.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Guys, do you think they will break up Rope? Or will they really marry them?

I don't want to watch them as a married couple - too depressing, too gross, too dull. I'm really in denial that they're even a couple. I tune out their dialogue and just keep hoping this whole plot will burn out without any fanfare. If Ron came on and had them breakup casually over a cup of coffee in his first episode, I'd have been fine.

I find them as boring as you do, but since neither of them have another love interest waiting in the wings that tells me the show will keep these two together. Oh, they might break up for a bit over the Safe thing, but it'd just be temporary. It's not that I think Ron is any great fan of Rope as a couple, but I doubt he's any big fan of Hope or Rafe as individuals either; as such, it's convenient for him to just keep these two characters he doesn't care much about together. It's the writing equivalent of when fans say they want two boring/disliked characters together because it makes FFing more convenient.

• Love 4

I have to admit the Hattie scenes were a hoot :)  Deidre always seems like she is having fun doing the Hattie scenes.  Vivian trying to think of 'nice" things to say about Andre :)  Still cant figure out what is going on with John.

• Love 9

Hattie and Viv are a hoot. 

I really want Hope to find out about Rafe and Sami.  Honestly, I can't stand the guy - him & Hope together makes me disgusted.  She doesn't need a man.  She should  concentrate on her career and pretty much f**k men.  Bo is gone.  

• Love 5

Hope and Rafe are about as interesting as a slice of white bread - with maybe a few flecks of mold starting, Why would Sami tell Carrie about her and Rafe? Awkward? Did they compare notes? And oh yeah, Rafe. The truth always comes out. Mostly when you least want it to. Hope would be better off getting a cute puppy.

Was surprised at the Hattie reveal. I would have thought that the prison would let her send a card or something. But not to Anna - the skank? - with Roman, her ex-husband? She and Vivian were a hoot.

I also don't understand Abs' adoration of Andre/Alfie. Too bad she didn't throw the rose at the coffin. I expect Andre would just join the other slots in the mausoleum,

Will/Paul, you really shouldn't tell John about your investigation.

• Love 3

I liked today's show quite a lot. all the stuff with Hattie was terrific (I thought it WAS Marlena when she first showed up, but I caught on quicker than the funeral attendees did); I liked Carrie with Anna and Roman; the Will/Paul/we-are-an-investigative-team-now stuff was fun. But what is John up to here, and why? Is he also doing something to Marlena? 

I have said this before here I think, but in one of the very first shows I saw Anna was wandering around in a monk's robe for some reason and I thought "I must know more about this woman and what is going on with her" and 35+ years later she does not ever disappoint. plus she is my namesake. I love her

• Love 10

i like the comic relief also. hattie is pretty funny and i even enjoyed vivian. 

wow, kristan alfonzo is not a very good actress is she? and is she turning orange , could be my tv but her unnatural color is different from those standing near her. my husband said she looks like a skeleton and her face is gaunt. yes, aging sucks, don't i know it. she needs a hair style also.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, annabel said:

I liked today's show quite a lot. all the stuff with Hattie was terrific (I thought it WAS Marlena when she first showed up, but I caught on quicker than the funeral attendees did)

I had the close captioning on, as sometimes I need it to decipher some of the dialogue. So unfortunately, I saw "Hattie" when "Marlena" was speaking so knew right away it was Hattie. Kinda wish I hadn't seen that, to see how long it would have taken me to figure it out. 

32 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i like the comic relief also.

I like the comic relief too, even though it was getting close to "Three Stooges" territory. But then I remembered how much I hated the dark themes of a couple years ago, and decided comedy is better. 

Kristan Alfonzo is very thin. I noticed it the most when "newest-Ciara" showed up, as she has a rounder face, which makes KA's thin face even more noticeable. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

Re: Will's being an investigative reporter, I don't find this that unbelievable because Will has the established character background of being a writer, but I just don't think journalism is his forte.  Based on the article he did on Abby, he should work on being a fiction writer :)   It would kind of be awesome if he got a job at the Spectator writing an advice column--because he doesn't remember his past, he could be brutally honest and just let loose on his opinions.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i like the comic relief also. hattie is pretty funny and i even enjoyed vivian. 

wow, kristan alfonzo is not a very good actress is she? and is she turning orange , could be my tv but her unnatural color is different from those standing near her. my husband said she looks like a skeleton and her face is gaunt. yes, aging sucks, don't i know it. she needs a hair style also.

On TWTP, the Days board used to call her Skeletor. Kristian looks so much better with weight.. She said that Peter who plays Bo used to fat shame her, hated that she was a smoker and that led to friction between them behind the scenes.  Peter later apologized for his behavior and they moved on..  Kristian was never a strong actress, but, she had beauty, charisma and presence on the screen. She made the spoiled princess, Hope, likable and engaging.  Plus, her chemistry with Peter was on fire...She almost got fired back in the day for her limitations as an actress. I thought that she was really good, when Zack died... That primal scream from Hope when she found out that Zack died was chilling.. It was that raw, indescribable, pain that parents feel when their child dies.   She and Peter were really outstanding in that storyline.. Hope combing Zack's hair, while he laid in his coffin, was so hard to watch, it was the last thing that she could do for her baby, as his mother..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Sami tell Carrie about her and Rafe? Awkward?

They need someone to cause chaos.  Sami isn't there so this is the best they can do.  I have no doubt this will all be Sami's fault, not Rafe or Carrie's, but Sami's.

I wish EJ would turn up alive, EJ and Rafe would leave town chasing after Sami, and return with the news that Sami is happily married to Brandon.

Lucas tells everyone he already knew that.  That Sami is happier than he has ever seen her, and leaving Salem was the best thing Sami ever did.  Also, that he genuinely loves and cares about Sami so he is happy for her.  Then EJ and Rafe can kill each other, and stay dead.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

They need someone to cause chaos.  Sami isn't there so this is the best they can do.  I have no doubt this will all be Sami's fault, not Rafe or Carrie's, but Sami's.

I wish EJ would turn up alive, EJ and Rafe would leave town chasing after Sami, and return with the news that Sami is happily married to Brandon.

Lucas tells everyone he already knew that.  That Sami is happier than he has ever seen her, and leaving Salem was the best thing Sami ever did.  Also, that he genuinely loves and cares about Sami so he is happy for her.  Then EJ and Rafe can kill each other, and stay dead.

I love the way you think!

• Love 4

TigerLynx, I love your post.  I am so sick of Rafe.  He just needs to go away.    
The way he treats Hope infuriates me.  He's also got the same expression on his face 24/7.  It never changes.  That stupid smirk.  BLAH  ask me how I really feel.

• Love 4
On 2/2/2018 at 1:57 PM, boes said:

How are you all feeling about Stefan O.?  So far, for me, he's dead on arrival.  He's even making Vivienne dull.

I don't buy him as a Dimera, or as some hotshot business guy.  He's just so lackluster.  Abby would really have to be off her rocker to be attracted to him.

He seemed to have a little zest in his step on Thursday's show, or maybe I was in a good mood while I was watching.  Otherwise, it seems like Tyler Christopher isn't very happy to be here.  Does he have some gambling debts he need to square up?  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Tress said:

TigerLynx, I love your post.  I am so sick of Rafe.  He just needs to go away.    
The way he treats Hope infuriates me.  He's also got the same expression on his face 24/7.  It never changes.  That stupid smirk.  BLAH  ask me how I really feel.

I love the way you feel. 

Rafe should die a tragic (don't mind me laughing while it happens) death, with his eyelashes the only part worth saving, being harvested for a transplant.

He is literally too annoying to live.

• Love 4
On 2/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

They might be dull, but I don't really see how they are gross?  They are two good looking people, and neither one is nearly old enough to trigger my gag reflex.  

Gross may be the nicest description I'm capable of giving to Rope. I quit watching completely for two years because of them. I only started watching again  because of Ron becoming head writer. If I'm watching my DVR and Rope come on, I fast forward. If I'm watching live and there's a Rope scene, I turn the channel. 

Abby sobbing over serial killer Andre is disgusting. I'd love if it turned out she's the one who killed him and just has blocked it from her memory. I just hope Andre is truly dead this time.

The most interesting story for me right now is John poisoning Steve. I guess he's doing it to protect Marlena in some way. That's the only reason I can think of. I really like how Will and Paul have been incorporated into the story too.

I thought they'd forgotten about Will seeing Sami wearing Hope's ring. Hope's going to remember that when she learns about Rafe and Sami. 

• Love 11

really enjoyed Friday's episode! I was surprised to see so many revelations coming out and plot points developing. Progress!

I thought all the Hattie stuff last year was pretty random, so it was great to see Ron actually revisit her weird offscreen history with Andre. If she had been left out of the murder story completely it would have been a huge missed opportunity. And I actually felt for once that Deidre was playing a different character. She seemed more comfortable with Hattie's zany dialogue this time around...and even did a cartoonish run on the spot when she was exiting the mausoleum. That was cute!

I just really wish they had filmed the coffin toppling onto Vivian better. That would have been a gif for all time!! Instead they kind of shot around it to make it seem like it was happening without wanting to damage Louise or the rented coffin. It didn't work. When I first saw it I had no idea what happened. It look like Vivian randomly fell down and had a few flowers land on her. I didn't even see the hand there. It reminded me of that stupid car crash Abigail went through last summer where they could barely afford to show the car, much less have it move.

The mausoleum was great. Is this the first time we've seen it? I made out Daphne DiMera's name in the background but none of the others. You would think that if Andre killed Benji, he would have also been interred there and someone might have mentioned it.

If Kristen is supposed to be dead, wouldn't the DiMera's have gone through the trouble of putting her name up on a plaque, even if they knew better, just to mislead others?

Leanne's delivery is a bit goofy, but I'm really enjoying her return as Anna. Can anyone give me a little bit of history on her and Roman? Did they ever have much of a relationship back when they conceived Carrie? It seems like she was always paired up with Tony. They could make a satisfying endgame considering how solo Roman has been for the last couple of years. Anybody else feeling it?

Glad they didn't drop the beat of Will picking up Hope's ring.

I don't really buy that Carrie's past relationship with Rafe would still have bothered Sami enough to spurn her into dishing about their one-night stand. Wouldn't Sami be more upset at this point that Hope got with Rafe? Carrie is married to Austin, and it seems like their complicated love triangle history is behind them. I got that they just wanted someone else to know the secret, but if they're trying to say that Sami threw it in her sister's face, I don't buy that. Nor do I buy that Sami is totally fine with Hope and Rafe as a couple. Anyways - please let this revelation end their insipid relationship!

Not sure about this John/Steve thing yet.

I hope, if it does turn out that Abigail killed Andre, that Marci was told far enough in advance to create a believable new side of the character. I really don't want to see this weak version of Abigail weakly knocking Andre on the noggin and then weakly giving him a petulant glare and walking out of the room only to get dizzy and forget. Because she's so beautiful and feminine and delicate! *barf*

I wanna see deranged bitch from Marci. Kate gave us that in spades.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Leanne's delivery is a bit goofy, but I'm really enjoying her return as Anna. Can anyone give me a little bit of history on her and Roman? Did they ever have much of a relationship back when they conceived Carrie? It seems like she was always paired up with Tony. They could make a satisfying endgame considering how solo Roman has been for the last couple of years. Anybody else feeling it?

Roman and Anna were each other's first loves. They really did love each other once upon a time. However, they both wanted different things out of life. I think that she broke his heart.  Anna has always struggled to be a good mom and do right by Carrie. She does love Carrie, but, motherhood is not really in her DNA. It is ironic, because, Anna, herself, had a good mother.   Anna loves money and her selfishness gets her in trouble at times, but, she has a good heart.  Sherry created Anna, as angst, for Roman and Marlena, to give us a backstory on Roman and to give him a child in Carrie.  

Anna and Marlena have an interesting dynamic.  They were never rivals in the sense that they were fighting over Roman.  Marlena was jealous of Anna..lol. Anna thought Marlena was too impressed with herself.  It was more about Carrie and their respective roles in her life.  In the end, Anna decided to leave Carrie with Marlena after Roman died.  She felt guilty about leaving Carrie, but, Tony assured her that she was doing the right thing.  Plus, Carrie asked to stay with Marlena because her little brother and sister needed her and she wanted to help Marlena take care of them.. It was a very cute scene, even back then, Carrie was always looking out for Sami and Eric.. It is too bad, she never got back that type of loyalty in return..

Anna has had relationships with David who was Julie's son. She had a bitter rivalry with Renee who caused her to lose her son with Tony.  Tony was the love of Anna's life.  She works the best with Tony.  He offers her what she wants out of life and has never judged her. She is free to be who she is and not just be defined as Carrie's mom or what society says a woman should be..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is too bad, she never got back that type of loyalty in return..

Anna has had relationships with David who was Julie's son. She had a bitter rivalry with Renee who caused her to lose her son with Tony.  Tony was the love of Anna's life.  She works the best with Tony.  He offers her what she wants out of life and has never judged her. She is free to be who she is and not just be defined as Carrie's mom or what society says a woman should be..

Carrie was not always great with Sami, it is not true. When they were children alright but the characters were children so not seen much..after that not so much, both had a role in their 'war'... And Eric was offscreen most of the time, so he did not have a close relationship with Carrie, he never had.

Anna and Tony were a popular pairing but Tonny's great love was Renee. He only got with Anna to begin with as a rebound and Anna wanted money.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, pau said:

Carrie was not always great with Sami, it is not true. When they were children alright but the characters were children so not seen much..after that not so much, both had a role in their 'war'... And Eric was offscreen most of the time, so he did not have a close relationship with Carrie, he never had.

Anna and Tony were a popular pairing but Tonny's great love was Renee. He only got with Anna to begin with as a rebound and Anna wanted money.

Carrie responded in kind to Sami's attacks. Whenever Sami really needs Carrie, she steps up and helps her, especially, when it involves Sami's kids.  We saw lots of scenes with Carrie being a great big sister to Sami and Eric throughout the Rojohn era, when Marlena was dead. She held their family together and gave Rojohn the will to go on without Marlena..

Renee was Tony's great love, but, Tony was Anna's.. Anna was a rebound that turned into something more.. Tony was a means to an end that became her great love.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Carrie responded in kind to Sami's attacks. Whenever Sami really needs Carrie, she steps up and helps her, especially, when it involves Sami's kids.

Renee was Tony's great love, but, Tony was Anna's.. Anna was a rebound that turned into something more..

I disagree about Carrie, this character was pretty often condescending, hypocritical and judgemental..Sami could be a nightmare but Carrie was not the 'saint/good girl' this soap tried to manipulate the audience into thinking. I never fell for that.  And i never saw Carrie being pretty helpful to Sami when they became adults, nah.

Actually for me Carrie is quite a female Rafe, same archetype, they would be perfect for each others.

Tony and Anna became a genuine and fun couple after a while..but at the beginning they were pretty surfacy and the real deal was Tony and Renee. Well Renee died so it helped a lot..

Edited by pau
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, pau said:

I disagree about Carrie, this character was pretty often condescending, hypocritical and judgemental..Sami could be a nightmare but Carrie was not the 'saint/good girl' this soap tried to manipulate the audience into thinking. I never fell for that.  Actually for me Carrie is quite a female Rafe, they would be perfect for each others.

Tony and Anna became a genuine and fun couple after a while..but at the beginning they were pretty surfacy and the real deal was Tony and Renee.

I love Carrie and I never saw that. I remember Carrie was integrated in the adult stories, even as a child.  I remember her  and Benji getting kidnapped by Stefano. I remember her standing up to him and not taking his bullshit. The show always acts like Sami was the only one that had a complicated relationship with Stefano.  Carrie was very close to Tony, her stepdad. She was very protective of Rojohn and had a fantastic relationship with Diana and Isabella.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Sami was very close and supportive of Carrie when they were younger.  The show actually showed how that relationship devolved.  I don't like that after Sami apologized to Carrie in 2010, and they made peace with each other that the writers brought Carrie and Austin back to Salem, and started up the war again.  I really hated that once again Sami was the only bad guy when Carrie and Rafe were cheating on Austin and Sami, and played a part in the problems to.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Carrie and I never saw that. I remember Carrie was integrated in the adult story, even as a child.  I remember her  and Benji getting kidnapped by Stefano. I remember her standing up to him and not taking his bullshit. The show always acts like Sami was the only one that had a complicated relationship with Stefano.  Carrie was very close to Tony, her stepdad.

I never denied these stories..this character had some little stories when she was a child (played by Kimmy from Full House), yet as an adult Carrie was judgemental, hypocritical and very condescending. Actually, like i already said she reminds me of a female Rafe.

And the show never acted like Sami was the only one that had a complicated relationship with Stefano..it is just that Stefano's relationship with Carrie was only when she was a little child..after that both characters had different storylines, so they did not need to interact much if at all, that's all.

Edited by pau
10 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami was very close and supportive of Carrie when they were younger.  The show actually showed how that relationship devolved.  I don't like that after Sami apologized to Carrie in 2010, and they made peace with each other that the writers brought Carrie and Austin back to Salem, and started up the war again.  I really hated that once again Sami was the only bad guy when Carrie and Rafe were cheating on Austin and Sami, and played a part in the problems to.

The show refused to make Sami and Carrie sisters again.  It was boring after a while..  Roman and Bo had a complicated relationship, as well, but, I always knew that they loved each other...Bo cradling Roman's lifeless body on that beach, after being shot by Stefano, is one of my favorite scenes on the show.. They came a long way and to see Bo so dejected and sad..To see their brotherhood come full circle.. Brilliant writing and brilliant acting.. Later, Bo telling Marlena, that Roman died and Marlena lashing out at Bo, for leaving Roman's body and letting it wash out to sea was chilling and heartbreaking..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Carrie and I never saw that. I remember Carrie was integrated in the adult stories, even as a child.  I remember her  and Benji getting kidnapped by Stefano. I remember her standing up to him and not taking his bullshit. The show always acts like Sami was the only one that had a complicated relationship with Stefano.  Carrie was very close to Tony, her stepdad. She was very protective of Rojohn and had a fantastic relationship with Diana and Isabella.. 

Carrie has been a far better sister to Sami than she has been to her. Hell, she should have washed her hands of her years ago. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

Carrie has been a far better sister to Sami than she has been to her. Hell, she should have washed her hands of her years ago. 

I disagree.

And Carrie can wash her hands of her as much as she wants, Sami doesn't give a damn. Ha.

Carrie can also go live happily ever after with her perfect match Rafe Hernandez, great closure for everybody and they deserve each others.

Edited by pau
1 hour ago, Dream Boy said:

At one time, I would have agreed.  However, Austin and Carrie's return to Salem, and Carrie getting romantically involved with Sami's husband tarnished Carrie's halo, and once again showed she is a major hypocrite just like so many other characters on this show.

I was disappointed with what they did with Sami/Carrie when Carrie returned to Salem.  Originally, Sami and Carrie were supporting John against Austin and Rafe.  I think that would have been a much better SL than the same old same old of Sami vs. Carrie.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, pau said:

I disagree.

And Carrie can wash her hands of her as much as she wants, Sami doesn't give a damn. Ha.

Carrie can also go live happily ever after with her perfect match Rafe Hernandez, great closure for everybody and they deserve each others.

I understand liking one over the other, but you seriously think Carrie has harmed Sami more than the other way around? How so? 

Sami spent more than a decade targeting Carrie, without any real retaliation. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:
10 hours ago, pau said:

I disagree.

I understand liking one over the other, but you seriously think Carrie has harmed Sami more than the other way around? How so? 

Sami spent more than a decade targeting Carrie, without any real retaliation. 

Carrie's biggest crime to me was being boring. As an adult, the only stories she was given were trying to stop Sami from stealing Austin from her, getting involved/married with someone and then cheating on him. She provided emotional support for John, Marlena and random other Bradys but the show wasn't really interested in giving her other stories. If it wasn't for Sami scheming against her, Carrie would have faded in the background with her sappy romance with Austin.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Carrie responded in kind to Sami's attacks. Whenever Sami really needs Carrie, she steps up and helps her, especially, when it involves Sami's kids.  We saw lots of scenes with Carrie being a great big sister to Sami and Eric throughout the Rojohn era, when Marlena was dead. She held their family together and gave Rojohn the will to go on without Marlena..

Renee was Tony's great love, but, Tony was Anna's.. Anna was a rebound that turned into something more.. Tony was a means to an end that became her great love.  

I am confused.  Isn't Renee Tony's sister?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, leela46 said:

Tony isn't Stefanos biological child. So Tony and Renee were not related.

Wait, what?  Thank you, @leela46.  But then is Andre Stefano's son?  I thought originally Tony was Stefano's son, and Andre was his nephew.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  Thank you, @leela46.  But then is Andre Stefano's son?  I thought originally Tony was Stefano's son, and Andre was his nephew.  

You're right. Originally Tony was Stefano's son, and Andre his nephew. That's why Tony and Renee thought they couldn't be together. Then Tony's mother told him another man was really his father. A different writing team changed Andre into being Stefano's son. They shouid have just left him as the nephew.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Yes to all.  Daphne cheated on Stefano and produced Tony.

Tony and Renee were madly in love.  The "incest" reveal was sidestepped by Tony not being Stefano's biologically.

Yes, for the last thirty something years on the show Andre is/was Stefano's nephew.  He had surgery to look like Tony back in the day. 

Only recently since they brought Andre back has he been revealed to be Stefano's child.  No good reason why, but apparently every Dimera needs to be a child of Stefano's.

Stefano's children are as follow; Tony, Lexie, Renee, Andre, Meghan, Benjy, Kristen, Peter, EJ, and Chad. 

Only Lexie, Andre, Benjy, EJ, Renee, Meghan and Chad are biological children.

Kristen, Peter, EJ, and Chad are the only children still living.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just really wish they had filmed the coffin toppling onto Vivian better. That would have been a gif for all time!! Instead they kind of shot around it to make it seem like it was happening without wanting to damage Louise or the rented coffin. It didn't work. When I first saw it I had no idea what happened. It look like Vivian randomly fell down and had a few flowers land on her. I didn't even see the hand there. It reminded me of that stupid car crash Abigail went through last summer where they could barely afford to show the car, much less have it move.

The coffin toppling shots were very confusing. Maybe if I'd been watching online it would have been clearer, but watching on my tv from across the room, I had no idea what happened till Vivian explained it. 

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember how I felt about Carrie back in the day. I know I was always a Sami fan. I kinda remember Carrie, but not any real details. I liked her a lot in Friday's ep though.

As I posted upthread, one of my first shows was Anna dropping Carrie off at Romans. At that time, the Carrie actress was Andrea Barber aka "Kimmy Gibler" and she was super cute and likable.  I continued liking "Carrie" when Christie Clark took over the role, so I naturally disliked Sami once she started trying to steal Austin from Carrie.  I stopped watching long before the crazy pairing of Carrie/Lucas and Carrie/Rafe, so I still think of her as "sweet" Carrie. 

13 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Fun random fact, Deidre Hall said on her Facebook page that the big black hat she wore in the funeral scenes was her own hat that she had brought from home :)

Neat. Thanks for posting. Since I am avoiding all spoilers, I also am avoiding all social media and miss things like this.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Re: Will's being an investigative reporter, I don't find this that unbelievable because Will has the established character background of being a writer, but I just don't think journalism is his forte.  Based on the article he did on Abby, he should work on being a fiction writer :)   It would kind of be awesome if he got a job at the Spectator writing an advice column--because he doesn't remember his past, he could be brutally honest and just let loose on his opinions.

He didn't write a story on Abby. He wrote a story on Sami/Dimera crap happening at the time. He was pissed at Sami so he trashed her. He mentioned the EJ/Abby affair without naming names but when Sami found out about the story, she gave the editor (Will's boss) the scoop and dropped Abby's name. This was done without Will's approval or knowledge. Abby was pissed about it and blamed Will. It was stupid and she was a bitch to him, not taking responsibility for the fact that yes, she DID sleep with a married man while being friendly with his wife and children. Nothing that was said was a lie or trashing Abby. She was just named as "the other woman." 

I'm still bitter Abby was allowed to get the upper hand on Sami in that deal. Sami was the injured party, not Abby. Abby was the cheater. Sami went nuts getting even,. yes but nothing was unjustifiable, imo. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I continued liking "Carrie" when Christie Clark took over the role, so I naturally disliked Sami once she started trying to steal Austin from Carrie. 

That's what I remember pieces of, the whole Sami/Austin/Carrie thing. I just can't remember how I felt about Carrie. I loved Sami, but I never liked her with Austin. Lumi forever!

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

He didn't write a story on Abby. He wrote a story on Sami/Dimera crap happening at the time. He was pissed at Sami so he trashed her. He mentioned the EJ/Abby affair without naming names but when Sami found out about the story, she gave the editor (Will's boss) the scoop and dropped Abby's name. This was done without Will's approval or knowledge. Abby was pissed about it and blamed Will. It was stupid and she was a bitch to him, not taking responsibility for the fact that yes, she DID sleep with a married man while being friendly with his wife and children. Nothing that was said was a lie or trashing Abby. She was just named as "the other woman." 

I'm still bitter Abby was allowed to get the upper hand on Sami in that deal. Sami was the injured party, not Abby. Abby was the cheater. Sami went nuts getting even,. yes but nothing was unjustifiable, imo. 

Will was wrong to have trashed Sami. After Sami showed how much she loved him, after defending him from Nick.  Will never thought about how that article would affect his younger siblings.  It is tiresome that he is always going after Sami. Give it a rest!  It is why a lot of fans on here started to really dislike Will. He showed more love and loyalty  to Abigail who hurt his mom.  Sami was humiliated and hurt, instead of Will giving her love and support, he just twisted the knife. Part of me felt bad for Sami, but, another part of me, felt Sami got what she deserved.  She spent most of her life hurting others with hardly any remorse.. I remember my grandmother used to say , how you treat your parents, your kids will do the same to you.  So, Will is to Sami, what Sami was to Marlena..

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, Will is to Sami, what Sami was to Marlena.

Except people on the show thought he was a good person while Sami hasn't been thought that since she was still a child. So by their incorrect assumption about Will's goodness, he should have never been so hurtful to his mother just because she was mad at EJ and Abby for hurting her.

I always thought he was a crappy brat but Sami always loved him although that was one of the few times that Sami got to be angry at him.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Except people on the show thought he was a good person while Sami hasn't been thought that since she was still a child. So by their incorrect assumption about Will's goodness, he should have never been so hurtful to his mother just because she was mad at EJ and Abby for hurting her.

I always thought he was a crappy brat but Sami always loved him although that was one of the few times that Sami got to be angry at him.

At the end of the day, she is his mom. She is never really going to turn her back on him, no matter how hateful he is to her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

He didn't write a story on Abby. He wrote a story on Sami/Dimera crap happening at the time.

I'm sorry, I was unclear and worded my post poorly--when I said "wrote a story on Abby" I meant that Will, when he was still channeling his inner Sneasel which has now thankfully disappeared, tried to whitewash Abby's culpability in the affair with E.J and Sami would have none of it and told the editor exactly who Abby was.  

• Love 2