Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hey at least this plot is acknowledging that John's been a lousy fiancee these last few years....I'll take it!

I was wrong: Victor's goons dragged Xander off to the Salem Inn after he made his demands and then tried to escape. I misheard and thought they dragged him back to the Martin House...which would have been idiotic.

I'm bummed they didn't film some flashback shots or scenes with Xander arriving in Salem and sneaking out of the Martin House during the party. Just having him waltz into Victor's living room was a touch anticlimactic considering all he'd supposedly done off-camera. But hey, at least we got to see him again...

Does anyone have any guesses as to who really killed Deimos? I'm stumped. Perhaps the waiter.

(Please refrain from theorizing based on spoilers, as this is a spoiler-free thread)

• Love 2

I still want to shake Anjelica and tell her that breaking up "Mr. Dimples" (hee) and Adrienne is completely unnecessary. Bonnie is completely unnecessary. Adrienne and Justin aren't together! You're living in a world that no longer exists, nursing a grudge that hasn't had a basis in reality for years. So entirely, brain-numbingly stupid.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I still want to shake Anjelica and tell her that breaking up "Mr. Dimples" (hee) and Adrienne is completely unnecessary. Bonnie is completely unnecessary. Adrienne and Justin aren't together! You're living in a world that no longer exists, nursing a grudge that hasn't had a basis in reality for years. So entirely, brain-numbingly stupid.

Amen! Anjelica willingly gave up Alexander up to Justin and Adrienne to raise because she realized that they could give him a better life than she can as a fugitive. It was her sacrifice that showed that she truly loved him, by putting his welfare above hers. That is what a mother does, for her child.  Alexander was her miracle baby,  giving him up was painful, but, for the best.   Anjelica was responsible for a man's death and she and Alexander were presumed dead in a plane crash. Her grudge against Adrienne seems contrived after all of these years.  It would have made sense for Alexander to be in town and for Anjelica to witness his strong bond with Adrienne and that could have been the impetus for her old resentment to come back...This story is just stupid and it fits Dena to a T.   What a hack! 

Edited by Apprentice79
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hattie-as-Marlena: I need Ro...mance.

Snerk!

hattie is comic fun but this storyline for hattie makes absolutely no sense. roman is free.she can just pursue him as herself, she doesn't have to destroy marlena and john. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

This doppelganger crap needs to end soon. Boring. Been done a bajillion times (on this show alone) already.

Like or dislike the story (I think it's making for some amusing lines/moments, though the overall scenario doesn't make a ton of sense, the doubling up is a bit much, and Morgan Fairchild is...tough to look at), I don't understand the "They should never do [insert a soap trope story] again, they've done it a billion times!" argument.  It's soaps, this is the genre.  What's next, no more baby swaps or love triangles or people coming back from the dead?  Sure, it'd be great if the US soaps could innovate a bit more like the UK ones do, but I don't think anything should be off the table just because it's been done before.  JMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Wow, did I root for Kayla today! No WAY she should let Tripp get away with what he did, and she's right: if their son should go to prison, then so should his. Tripp has far less leg to stand on. He endangered patients in the hospital, a woman who had been nothing but kind to him, and all for a woman he knows did horrible things, whose only link to him is that she physically gave birth to him. That is not what makes one a mother, any more than planting the seed makes one a father. I hope Steve doesn't dissuade her.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

Wow, did I root for Kayla today! No WAY she should let Tripp get away with what he did, and she's right: if their son should go to prison, then so should his. Tripp has far less leg to stand on. He endangered patients in the hospital, a woman who had been nothing but kind to him, and all for a woman he knows did horrible things, whose only link to him is that she physically gave birth to him. That is not what makes one a mother, any more than planting the seed makes one a father. I hope Steve doesn't dissuade her.

Yes, Steve will try to dissuade her. He did that back in the day with Jack. Kayla wanted nothing to do with Jack romantically, but, Steve pressured  Kayla to marry Jack  and that came with disastrous results for all involved. She also became a target of  a serial killer who tried  to kill her numerous times.  One attempted murder, left her deaf and traumatized.   I hope Kayla brings up Jack and Harper. Steve should not project his unhappy childhood on Tripp.  Kayla should have nothing to do with Tripp. Once again, somebody from Steve's past has come back to harm Kayla.  Enough is Enough! Kayla better stay firm..

Adrienne should be able to prove that she is not Bonnie. All she has to do is show her scars. This is why the doppelganger story is an epic fail for me.  Ron should have let it just be Marlena/Hattie.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Or instead of having Bonnie working with Hattie and company, she should have hooked up with either Lucas or Justin and cause wacky confusion that way when they'll all run into one another.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Does anyone have any guesses as to who really killed Deimos? I'm stumped. Perhaps the waiter.

(Please refrain from theorizing based on spoilers, as this is a spoiler-free thread)

I was thinking the other day about who will actually wind up to be the culprit, but then I thought that it really doesn't matter who killed him because he was a violent asshole who tried to kill people. There is no tension. If one of the more innocent townsfolk did it, I'm sure it will probably be the result of a struggle of some sort, so that results in self defense. 

And say someone took him unaware, and murdered him, half the town are already murderers, anyway. I just can't see it having any real meaning. Hope is still a damn cop. Joey is still running around free. Abigail set a dude on fire and works at the friggin police station. Eric comes closest to the act having some real gravity but he is basically back to advising/mentoring. I know it's not practical to send major characters off for a long prison stay, but the minimal change to their everyday lives after murdering someone is ridiculous. So, where is the dramatic tension for taking a "good" character and having them do something so bad. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't recall Bonnie being evil back in the day, was she?

Brady wants to give Titan back to Sonny?  Bull.

Yay, the guy who smuggled Hope out of the prison is back interacting with Hattie.  :)

Bonnie wasn't evil back in the day.  If anything she was deceitful in the fact that she wanted to hold onto Mickey Horton who she actually did like.  Outside of her triangle with Maggie and maybe the Horton's not always being thrilled with her, she was fine. 

Now the real question is, can we bring back her gorgeous son Patrick?  Please Ron bring him back. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Adrienne should be able to prove that she is not Bonnie. All she has to do is show her scars. This is why the doppelganger story is an epic fail for me.  Ron should have let it just be Marlena/Hattie.. 

Thank you!  I wrote something similar in another thread here.  Adrienne went through breast cancer surgery and reconstruction.  To my knowledge, Bonnie hasn't and it wouldn't be exact to what they should have on record for Adrienne.  She should be able to easily prove who she is.  If it drags on, and nothing regarding this is addressed, i cry foul!  Not to mention, Adrienne needs regular checkups and it is wrong to keep her away from them.  TV character or not, something like breast cancer is a very big deal and they shouldn't fluff it off over a stupid doppelganger storyline that has been overdone anyway!

Brady is getting seriously creepy.  Granted, Nicole is an idiot who lies, but following her around, giving her the 3rd degree, being all dark and creepy...it's borderline abusive not to mention possessive.  Eric Marstoff is good-looking for sure, but beyond the good looks, Brady the character has no appeal whatsoever!

• Love 7

Yes, Steve will try to dissuade her. He did that back in the day with Jack. Kayla wanted nothing to do with Jack romantically, but, Steve pressured  Kayla to marry Jack  and that came with disastrous results for all involved. She also became a target of  a serial killer who tried  to kill her numerous times.  One attempted murder, left her deaf and traumatized.   I hope Kayla brings up Jack and Harper. Steve should not project his unhappy childhood on Tripp.  Kayla should have nothing to do with Tripp. Once again, somebody from Steve's past has come back to harm Kayla.  Enough is Enough! Kayla better stay firm..

do they not have fingerprints at the prison? wtf! i think we all think too much. nothing makes sense!

• Love 3

I'm going to give this storyline a little longer but at this point the Bonnie/Adrienne portion is the only part that has a "crack" in it.  Bonnie was never a doppleganger to Adrienne so changing that for this story is a little bit of a hump to get over, but I'm trying to hold on to see how far they go with the switching. 

• Love 3
On 8/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, A.J. said:

Don't they all. 
Hope: Aiden, Bo and now Rafe
Brady: Kristen, Melanie, Teresa, Nicole
Rafe: Sami, Kate, Jordan, Hope

I can go on and on but you get the point.  That's one thing I don't like about soaps.  People fall so easily and out of love.  

I think that "kiss", the fact that they were each other's first love and the fact that they were together not too long ago says otherwise. 

So right.  I just knew someone was gonna run in there.  That was horrible writing. 

Chad:  Abby, Gabi, Abby, Gabi, Abby.....

• Love 1

Brady, you wonder why none of your relationships work out? Look at yourself! Women are not your possessions. No one person can meet your every need. Grow up. Nicole wants you - and not Eric. Although if you behave this way, she may dump you.

The doppelganger storyline can't run too long - none of the doppelgangers are convincing duplicates. Adrienne/Bonnie is easy to resolve, unless Bonnie has also had cancer and surgery. It just seems dumb when both men are available and the women can pursue them on their own.

Other than that, I just flipped past this ep.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Like or dislike the story (I think it's making for some amusing lines/moments, though the overall scenario doesn't make a ton of sense, the doubling up is a bit much, and Morgan Fairchild is...tough to look at), I don't understand the "They should never do [insert a soap trope story] again, they've done it a billion times!" argument.  It's soaps, this is the genre.  What's next, no more baby swaps or love triangles or people coming back from the dead?  Sure, it'd be great if the US soaps could innovate a bit more like the UK ones do, but I don't think anything should be off the table just because it's been done before.  JMO.

I'm not saying not to redo storylines...this one is just not working for me. Soaps redo things all the time. this one is just stupid, imo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm not saying not to redo storylines...this one is just not working for me. Soaps redo things all the time. this one is just stupid, imo.

Exactly! not to mention, there is no such thing as an original story in any genre for that matter. It is not just the content of story, but, how you tell it, that matters.  Is it engaging and how does it affect the characters going forward in the next stage of the story. It is tiring to see Marlena be the damsel of distress and John saving her. It highlights that the show has failed to establish future heroes and heroines on the show via the legacy children. Instead of constantly relying on the supercouples to drive stories. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

OMFG, what the hell is up with these idiots waking into the police station:

• confessing to murders they don't remember committing
  • without a lawyer

Seriously, Chad and Sonny and probably others recently that I've blocked from memory.

• Love 4

Oh my god, Claire is totally going to be the Good Girl that ultimately redeems Tripp with her love, isn't she? Claire and Theo don't seem long for this world.

In case you guys were wondering, yep we're totally going to be expected to handwave what Tripp did once mean ol' Kayla breaks down and forgives him. It's totally obvious and transparent where this is going.

Now the real question is, can we bring back her gorgeous son Patrick?  Please Ron bring him back. 

I think he's a little too long in the tooth for Ron's taste. He seems to like his hunks no older than their early 30's. Oh, and total steroidal butterfaces.

I don't think Bonnie's evil but she's probably messed up a bit after serving 10 years for a crime she didn't commit in order to cover for her daughter. (Who I really, really hope doesn't come back because Mimi will eat the show under Ron.)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh my god, Claire is totally going to be the Good Girl that ultimately redeems Tripp with her love, isn't she? Claire and Theo don't seem long for this world.

In case you guys were wondering, yep we're totally going to be expected to handwave what Tripp did once mean ol' Kayla breaks down and forgives him. It's totally obvious and transparent where this is going.

I think he's a little too long in the tooth for Ron's taste. He seems to like his hunks no older than their early 30's. Oh, and total steroidal butterfaces.

I don't think Bonnie's evil but she's probably messed up a bit after serving 10 years for a crime she didn't commit in order to cover for her daughter. (Who I really, really hope doesn't come back because Mimi will eat the show under Ron.)

Wow, that is disappointing.  I know when Brody Hutzler did a Spotlight on interview on Afterbuzz almost a year ago he talked about how much he loved being on Days and would love to come back.  He also talked about how Kristen Alfonso has been a big support for him and is constantly trying to bring him back as Patrick Lockhart for Hope.  He also talked about the plan for his character and how he was in fact Ciara's father and how interesting the story was supposed to be with Hope having a child not by Bo. He also briefly mentioned the "strange" pseudo S&M relationship Patrick and EJ had.  Now that to me is a reason to bring both Patrick and EJ back.  I want him with Hope but I do want an explanation for what was clearly "sexually charged" scenes between both characters.

• Love 1

Kayla was so awesome today and I loved everything that she said to Steve. Sherry Anderson was in the house again and Steve and Kayla were in character.   Kayla is right Steve always making decisions and not talking to her first. It always blows up in their faces and Kayla is always the one to get hurt the most.  This time , it is Joey that will be the hurt the most because of that creature Ava.

• Love 4

I mean, I was joking a bit and Brody could be coming back, but he's not Ron's type at all. He likes braindead gym queens who have yet to see the other side of 35. If he recast Patrick to someone more of his liking I wouldn't be surprised at all.

It wouldn't make sense to bring back Bonnie without bringing back a few of her kids, but we'll see where this goes.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, I was joking a bit and Brody could be coming back, but he's not Ron's type at all. He likes braindead gym queens who have yet to see the other side of 35. If he recast Patrick to someone more of his liking I wouldn't be surprised at all.

It wouldn't make sense to bring back Bonnie without bringing back a few of her kids, but we'll see where this goes.

I don't think that Bonnie is meant to have staying power.  What she is doing to Adrienne is cruel, there is no coming back from that. So, there is no need for her kids to come back. Bonnie wanting the Kiriakis money makes no sense. She and Victor share a grandchild in Tyler Kiriakis, a.k.a Pocket. All she would have to do is locate him, he should be Claire' s age and get him to come  back and demand his share of the Kiriakis money.  She would have no need to impersonate Adrienne to get a piece of the pie..

Kayla should stick to her guns, as she is totally in the right about Tripp.....BUT it looks like things will go otherwise. Again, never invite Tripp over to the house before hiding sharp objects. Didn't Tripp inherit a bunch of money? I know they never showed his apartment, but why is he WALKING out of town with a couple of bags?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

Kayla should stick to her guns, as she is totally in the right about Tripp.....BUT it looks like things will go otherwise. Again, never invite Tripp over to the house before hiding sharp objects. Didn't Tripp inherit a bunch of money? I know they never showed his apartment, but why is he WALKING out of town with a couple of bags?

Because it adds to his whole Ryan Atwood vibe.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't watch during Patrick's time, but wasn't he a conman and a murderer?  Why do people love him?

He was a con. Murderer part I don't remember. So long ago. I still like him because this show needs men in that age range who are not a Brady or a Horton. There are a few but not enough. Why do people like EJ? He's a rapist and a liar. Jack- rapist. Nicole-kidnaps babies. Everyone kind of pushes aside people  they normally wouldn't like for soap characters. At least I do. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

He was a con. Murderer part I don't remember. So long ago. I still like him because this show needs men in that age range who are not a Brady or a Horton. There are a few but not enough. Why do people like EJ? He's a rapist and a liar. Jack- rapist. Nicole-kidnaps babies. Everyone kind of pushes aside people  they normally wouldn't like for soap characters. At least I do. 

His wikipedia page said he murdered someone while working for EJ.  I never liked EJ either, by the way, except to look at.  (James Scott is just my type...)  I think people forgave Jack because his victim forgave him.  Nicole... well, she's just a big ol' mess.  I don't love her, but I guess I don't totally hate her.  (Again, I don't think I was watching during the Sydney switcheroo storyline.)

• Love 1

Yeah, Raines is looking more and more like Dario's accomplice.  I just wish they'd made him a better person before they turned him evil.

Er, Brian, the term is "texted", not "texed".

And ... we get Trump bloviating for the rest of the hour.  :(

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, NorthstarATL said:

Wow, did I root for Kayla today! No WAY she should let Tripp get away with what he did, and she's right: if their son should go to prison, then so should his.

I did the opposite.  I like Kayla, but I thought that she needed to take several seats.  She wanted Tripp to go to prison for admittedly terrible crimes, but were much, much, much lesser ones than the whopper of a crime Joey committed.  Yet she wants her precious little boy to stay out of prison for a murder?  Even though he finally wants to take responsibility for what he did?

Yeah, sorry, but I'm not having any of her bitching over Tripp.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't watch during Patrick's time, but wasn't he a conman and a murderer?  Why do people love him?

I don't remember the context of the murder he did for EJ but personally I liked him for a lot of reason.  He was more of a grey character or a "bad boy with a  heart".  I liked his mother/son relationship with Bonnie as well as his connections/relationships with Jennifer, Billie, and Hope. He also had this really great sexual tension thing going with EJ which was really fun to watch.  I especially loved the fact that we had someone on canvas who was attracted to Hope and really wanted her outside of Bo.  Their chemistry was so great Patrick was supposed to be Ciara's father.

Overall for me he was just a really good character who had good chemistry with the cast.

• Love 2

Kayla was so awesome today and I loved everything that she said to Steve. Sherry Anderson was in the house again and Steve and Kayla were in character.   Kayla is right Steve always making decisions and not talking to her first. It always blows up in their faces and Kayla is always the one to get hurt the most.  This time , it is Joey that will be the hurt the most because of that creature Ava.

ITA and loved her too.. I lol when she screamed at Steve in the pub and moved towards him and Steve backed up like whoa! She finally, finally let him have it!

I just cannot with this Chad and Abs bullshit.. I just can't. First, Chad, you did nothing wrong and DID fight for her....Abby left you standing at the altar cuz she needed to "stand on her own". wtf happened to that Abs, huh? I am so not buying this soul mate super couple bs. Yeah Chad when Abby screws you over AGAIN I pray Gabi is with her soul mate and reminds you of the total bullshit both you and Abby put her thru.. Oh....and Ron please please PLEASE do NOT drag that awful song of theirs back again....never ever wanna hear that again!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

without a lawyer

I forget, is Justin the only lawyer left in town (again)?

ETA: Why is Kayla acting like going to prison is optional?

Edited by Sandman
Half of the town's confessing to crimes they didn't commit; the other half is hiding crimes they got away with.

I'm curious to have seen what the original plan was for Anjelica since Ron switched it to this doppelganger story when he took over.

Pre filler/plastic surgery..i think Morgan fairchild would have made a decent Anjelica.  Oh well.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

ITA and loved her too.. I lol when she screamed at Steve in the pub and moved towards him and Steve backed up like whoa! She finally, finally let him have it!

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

ETA: Why is Kayla acting like going to prison is optional?

See, this is why I'm disappointed that, save for @drtslim, I seem to have gotten ignored in my last post, and why I'm also disappointed in all of the happiness over Kayla ripping into Steve.  She may have made some good, fine points, but Steve made some good, fine ones, too.  Tripp, for all intents and purposes, should go to prison for what he's done.  But honestly, Joey did something prison-worthy, too.  And it's not Kayla's job to protect him if he wants to finally own up and take responsibility for it.  It's not her choice.  It's Joey's.  He's an adult in the eyes of the law, so he can make his own decision about that.  Steve was trying to drive that very point home to her, but Kayla, for some reason or other, was just not hearing it.

I absolutely don't think that Steve wants Joey to go to prison any more than Kayla does.  But he gets that if Joey himself wants to go if it means paying for his crime, then he shouldn't stand in his way.  He gets it.  Kayla either doesn't get it or, even worse, doesn't want to.  And that's why I can't delight in her words to Steve like several of you seem to be doing.

Even worse than that, it seems that none of you seem to get that, either.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I absolutely don't think that Steve wants Joey to go to prison any more than Kayla does.  But he gets that if Joey himself wants to go if it means paying for his crime, then he shouldn't stand in his way.  He gets it.  Kayla either doesn't get it or, even worse, doesn't want to. 

What bothers me most about this is I don't think it's in character for Kayla to be this unrealistic -- sure, she's angry at Steve for bringing Tripp into their lives, but not, I think, for the stated reasons. It's not just that he has complicated Joey's life, or started asking questions that could expose Joey's guilt -- and her own complicity, and Steve's. Tripp is also a reminder of Steve's infidelity. I was disappointed that the dialogue between Steve and Kayla didn't acknowledge that more fully -- for a moment or two, I thought it was going to be. It's also psychologically unsound for Kayla to be putting her own wish for Joey's physical safety (in staying out of prison) over his explicit wish to be held accountable. Kayla knows better than this! Kayla talks as if all Joey needs to get on with his life is to stop dwelling on the past -- they've tried that already, and it's making Joey more miserable by the day.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Sandman said:

What bothers me most about this is I don't think it's in character for Kayla to be this unrealistic -- sure, she's angry at Steve for bringing Tripp into their lives, but not, I think, for the stated reasons. It's not just that he has complicated Joey's life, or started asking questions that could expose Joey's guilt -- and her own complicity, and Steve's. Tripp is also a reminder of Steve's infidelity. I was disappointed that the dialogue between Steve and Kayla didn't acknowledge that more fully -- for a moment or two, I thought it was going to be. It's also psychologically unsound for Kayla to be putting her own wish for Joey's physical safety (in staying out of prison) over his explicit wish to be held accountable. Kayla knows better than this! Kayla talks as if all Joey needs to get on with his life is to stop dwelling on the past -- they've tried that already, and it's making Joey more miserable by the day.

You are forgetting one thing that Kayla herself was in prison for murder, for another one of Steve's psycho ex: Marina.  I was hoping that she would tell Steve that.. She knows what it is like to be locked up and all of those feelings that being in prison conjures up in a person. Not to mention, that she was heavily pregnant with Stefanie. She wants to spare her son that.  She is not being reasonable because she is going by her maternal instincts in protecting her baby.  Her son could not survive prison, they would eat him alive, as she stated astutely..  I am tired of Kayla having to always give in to Steve, if Joey goes to prison, so does Ava's spawn.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

How much crap does Kayla have to take before saying 'enough. I deserve better' and walk away. Yes, you can love Steve, but you don't need a relationship with him. Their son killed Steve's fling Ava, Steve now has a new-found son that is sprung on to Kayla and the rest of the family. Yes, be a good role model and accept another child as your own or at least accept that your husband had a basically unknown kid. It's tough when the kid is an adult and finds his biological parent. But it would take time to treat him or her as your own. Maybe both Joey and Tripp can be cellmates for a bit and 'bond'.

Abs, do you really want Chad or is he just 'safe' for you?

Bonnie, of course you don't want Lucas to see you. He knows that Adrienne would have scars from her reconstruction surgery. She is kinda doing you a favour, Lucas.

Raines as the bad guy? Could work as a way of writing him out and get Lani and Eli together instead.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She wants to spare her son that.  She is not being reasonable because she is going by her maternal instincts in protecting her baby.  Her son could not survive prison, they would eat him alive, as she stated astutely.

A parent who protects her child from facing the consequences of his actions is doing him no favours. It's not about what she needs. She survived prison -- how can she be so certain that her son could not? It seems to me Joey is at serious risk of harming himself if he can't find some way to atone for what he did. Can Kayla really discount that possibility?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

A parent who protects her child from facing the consequences of his actions is doing him no favours. It's not about what she needs. She survived prison -- how can she be so certain that her son could not? It seems to me Joey is at serious risk of harming himself if he can't find some way to atone for what he did. Can Kayla really discount that possibility?

Intellectually, I understand what you are saying, but, Kayla is not ready to lose her son.  Not to mention, Steve was the one that decided to cover up Joey's crime and now that his precious son Tripp is hurting over his psycho mommy, now,  he wants to change the plan. In Kayla's mind, Steve is choosing Tripp over Joey.   Joey should come first.  That is fueling her anger.  Kayla is allowed to be angry for once. It goes back to her role, as the peacemaker, in the Brady family,  having, to always be there, for others, even, to her own detriment.  This story should have never happened.  What was Ken Corday thinking allowing the only son of a supercouple to become a murderer.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

In Kayla's mind, Steve is choosing Tripp over Joey.   Joey should come first.  That is fueling her anger.  Kayla is allowed to be angry for once. It goes back to her role in the Brady family, as the  peacemaker, having to always be there for others, even to her own detriment.. 

I agree that Joey should come first. Kayla doesn't need to show any special loyalty to Tripp. And Steve's not really helping his case by euphemistically calling Tripp's deliberate malice "bad decisions." I absolutely agree that Kayla has a right to be angry, and that everyone seems to expect her to be peacemaker, always putting aside her own needs. But aside from that, I don't find her thinking about Joey either in character for her or presented by the writing in ways that make dramatic or psychological sense.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I agree that Joey should come first. Kayla doesn't need to show any special loyalty to Tripp. And Steve's not really helping his case by euphemistically calling Tripp's deliberate malice "bad decisions." I absolutely agree that Kayla has a right to be angry, and that everyone seems to expect her to be peacemaker, always putting aside her own needs. But aside from that, I don't find her thinking about Joey either in character for her or presented by the writing in ways that make dramatic or psychological sense.

True, Kayla, would have been against the initial coverup, of Ava's murder.  As a doctor, she would know that it would affect Joey psychologically.   While, Steve would have been against turning Joey in, but, shitty writers like Griffith and Dena did not care about Kayla's characterization. I have to thank Ron for giving Kayla a point of view, for once.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

How many psycho exes has ol' Patch got, anyhow? Ava, Marina, Britt (?) Frozendiva might be on to something. 

Yup, it hurts me that Kayla never had anybody, when Steve was "dead". They had her pining Steve for years...It shows you that the show never really invested in Kayla, as a character, in her own right. If the show had any talented writers that could come up with an intriguing story for Kim and Kayla and the years that they spent together in LA with their kids. It could have involved an old friend/enemy of Steve's from his mercenary days  that also  had ties to Kim from her days as a prostitute in Europe.  Something dark could have happened between the sisters and this man that has now come back to haunt Kayla in the present with Steve. No, we got that vile Ava Vitali..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3