Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
50 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

the past few times, especially. It's a combination of writing and his acting choices.

I'm glad I didn't watch today. I couldn't handle all the tears...especially since we know something has to happen to keep Brady here.

What the hell happened to Freddie. I guess his dreams of retiring as a 30 year old millionaire has interfered with his acting.  He used to be decent, he was never  on the same level as Robert Deniro, but, he made Sonny believable and charismatic.  I have been binging on Wilson videos on youtube and he was so good. What the hell happened! It boggles my mind.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I love how American cop JJ is talking plea deals with a Greek thug about things that happened in Greece.

Little Tate is a cutie.

Why would Sonny be the heir to Titan, and not Brady?  Sonny apparently doesn't know that Brady is dying.

49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I love how American cop JJ is talking plea deals with a Greek thug about things that happened in Greece.

Little Tate is a cutie.

Why would Sonny be the heir to Titan, and not Brady?  Sonny apparently doesn't know that Brady is dying.

Titan is Philip's inheritance, since he is Victor's child, the only one that he actually raised. Not to mention, that Sonny has 3 older brothers who also have a stake in Titan as Kiriakis.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lb60 said:

The hair isn't helping, either.

The slicked back hair is terrible, is he trying to look like Michael Corleone in "The Godfather"?  And Freddy Smith just is not very good at playing a tough guy, he seems like a kid playing pretend.

• Love 7

Yay for Nicole and Eric to create a plan that so far, is working! Deimos to a rescue gone bad.

Sonny, you do have other relatives who could put in a claim for their stake of Titan. You have never really shown an interest in business before.

Why isn't Brady hooked up to a heart/lung machine?

• Love 1
(edited)

I just skimmed through Monday's episode and could not believe the venom casually spewing from Nicole's lips. I really hope Arianne appreciates having the writers deify her boyfriend because it has completely killed the character for me. I used to enjoy Nicole and her sassiness and looked forward to someday seeing her reunite with Eric. Now she can just shut up and go away.

In a strange roundabout way I almost feel like this is being done to prop Jennifer Horton as Eric's new one true love. I know Nicole and Jennifer have always hated each other. Was this done to tilt the odds in Harpy's favor?

It used to be one Daniel reference a week and now we're up to three per episode. I wonder what the behind-the-scenes chatter is like at the show when a character that's been so insignificant in the show's 50-year history is getting brought up every five seconds in the scripts. Do they laugh? Do they secretly hate on Shawn as we sometimes do?

Liked seeing Claire hug and get protective over Ciara for a change.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What the hell happened to Freddie. I guess his dreams of retiring as a 30 year old millionaire has interfered with his acting.  He used to be decent, he was never  on the same level as Robert Deniro, but, he made Sonny believable and charismatic.  I have been binging on Wilson videos on youtube and he was so good. What the hell happened! It boggles my mind.

That MLM crap has ruined him. I can't hear his insipid voice without thinking he's trying to sell me something now...even when he's trying to be all tough guy. I want to throw up. Don't get me started on the hair. At least THAT is going to get better (ish)...he's cut it all off recently, I think so that'll be on screen. 

17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

and

16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Titan is Philip's inheritance, since he is Victor's child, the only one that he actually raised. Not to mention, that Sonny has 3 older brothers who also have a stake in Titan as Kiriakis.

This. There is Brady first and foremost...but yes, also Vic Jr., Alex and Joey in line with Sonny (Sonny being the YOUNGEST). Sonny NEVER wanted Titan much less expressed an interest in it. He wanted nothing to do with the family business, ever. This is so beyond stupid.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

This. There is Brady first and foremost...but yes, also Vic Jr., Alex and Joey in line with Sonny (Sonny being the YOUNGEST). Sonny NEVER wanted Titan much less expressed an interest in it. He wanted nothing to do with the family business, ever. This is so beyond stupid.

Sonny took pride in building his business away from the Kiriakis influence. He and Chad agreed to not let their respective families interfere with their  club TBD. I would not have been against Sonny going to the mob side if the show did it right.  If the show had done that as a major conflict for Wilson, instead of that stupid cheating storyline. It could have been good and it could have been done the way that Justin went dark, years ago.   Victor's evil influence over Justin created lots of conflict for Justin and Adrienne which eventually led them both to cheat with others, unleashing Justin's Kiriakis side. The same thing could have been done with Wilson with Alex and Anjelica pulling Sonny to the dark side. Alex would have done it inadvertently, due to his growing ambition to best Philip.  While Anjelica would have done it on purpose to hurt her mortal enemy Adrienne.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Wasn't Philip disowned, or Philip disowned them, or something?  I'm not sure Philip is still in Victor's good graces, so then it should be Brady.  But Brady chose Nicole and walked away.  I think that should leave Justin.  Sonny would be in line after Justin (and his brothers, maybe, but they don't seem to be around or care).  Victor wouldn't just leave the company to the next in line - he'd leave it to the next in line who actually wants it.  I think I recall at one point in time in the 90s, it was supposed to be Bo's.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, my god, Daniel!  Please, I'm begging you, just stay dead.  And gone.  Forever.  

The acting on this whole Greece plot is just horrible.

I'm seriously starting to question my sanity and why exactly I keep watching this show.

Yeah, that looks like a real baby.  Why do they even try?

Edited by lb60
  • Love 2
On 5/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, Frozendiva said:

When did Lani get a professional hair blowout whilst sitting on the plane?

That is just Soap Opera Magic! I laughed at this because, back in the day, Knots Landing was my absolute favorite...and even with a decent budget, and, presumably, editors, etc., they managed to have Abby and Karen, in different season finales, kidnapped, and given new haircuts while still held captive when the new season arrived! Apparently the fallback profession for kidnappers was working at Supercuts.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't believe this May Sweeps 

All these soaps are doing this to me

G0exb_s-200x150.gif

St Daniel still getting hair cuts in heaven.  I expect him to show up in times of distress with Kiriakis clan.   Great... just great.  ?

And talk about anticlimactic with all the Deimos shit.  I just wanted someone to off him already and be done. 

I don't cosign killin off vet characters children but Brady could die right now and I wouldn't shed a tear.  That's how thirsty I am for something to happen. 

Other than that simply boring.  No wonder I have relegated watching this show to about 2 times a week until Ron/Sheri finally comes and save this show from another near death. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I caught the very end today and was stunned to see Deimos just being carted off after so many days of filler. That was sure fast! And why exactly does sonny get to be all smug about catching him? I guess I'll have to watch it and find out, but I'm not looking forward to it...

I'm seriously starting to question my sanity and why exactly I keep watching this show.

Yup.

• Love 3

It's the medication Brady is taking! Surprised Daniel wasn't wearing white robes.

Now everyone is back to Salem with more gloom and despair. Nicole will be charged for kidnapping. Maybe her testimony against Deimos (again no proof with the missing Xander) will help her out. May is almost over.

I'm really watching sporadically now.  Missed Monday. Watched Tuesday.  Purposely missed Daniel-Please-Go-Away Wednesday. And not sure if I'll watch today or not. It's sunny, and I may find more enjoyment in weeding. 

7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm really watching sporadically now.  Missed Monday. Watched Tuesday.  Purposely missed Daniel-Please-Go-Away Wednesday. And not sure if I'll watch today or not. It's sunny, and I may find more enjoyment in weeding. 

I'd recommend watching the Marlena and Victor scenes. There're worth watching, IMO.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I'd recommend watching the Marlena and Victor scenes. There're worth watching, IMO.

From today's (Thu) episode?  I decided on weeding, so I'll have to find it online.

• Love 2

Right, Jade is only protecting Joey by dragging him to his new date.

I guess Sonny doesn't care that his boyfriend is in a foreign hospital if he's busily drinking and partying. And man, Sonny has turned into a real asshole.

• Love 3

I didn't see whatever it was that supposedly happened to Paul but since it happened and then he recovered from it in the span of one episode I don't even see what the point was of them including it as a subplot.

I really had to laugh at the show for having all of these Salem police officers in a crime scene in Greece throwing plates around on the floor and inviting civilians like Gabi to join in.

At first blush I thought so too, but then I realized Victor had apologized to Marlena for crapping on Eric just the night before, and was now right back to crapping all over him again. Really annoying.

The only part worth watching was when he credited her for raising Brady after Isabella died. Frankly though, if he didn't thank her ten years ago or more, back when she was actually raising Brady, it feels a little too late to be thanking her at this point.

I feel like I can't be the only one who wouldn't be at all disappointed if the plane crashed and all of the passengers died. Typically, I would want to spare Chad but all of his stuttering and flirting with Gabi and stealing this idiotic amulet has burned me out. I think the only one I would somewhat miss is JJ. Let's give him the only parachute.

• Love 2

Everyone had to get on the same private jet? No commercial airlines to take back home to Salem? Plane leaking fuel = cursed amulet?

Sonny, all you want is power. Whether you deserve it or not. You are probably not skilled enough to run Titan. Maybe go back to college and get an MBA.

Both Joey and Tripp need to dump Jade. She has neither of your interests at heart and is using you both. Kayla the meal ticket stopped funding her. Like she thought she could blackmail her for years?

Where does seemingly unemployed Steve get the cash for a swanky hotel room and champagne?

Nice to see Marlena and Victor have a chat.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I feel like I can't be the only one who wouldn't be at all disappointed if the plane crashed and all of the passengers died. Typically, I would want to spare Chad but all of his stuttering and flirting with Gabi and stealing this idiotic amulet has burned me out. I think the only one I would somewhat miss is JJ. Let's give him the only parachute.

What's Eli done that's so bad?

(edited)

...he's the 476th "lost child" to wander into Salem in the last five years. I just don't care. We barely know Valerie and yet we're supposed to care that her son has issues with her and didn't know who his father was? From clips I've seen online something similar was playing out when Lucas was first introduced to the show, but at least Kate had been on for a while at that point so she was a familiar face. Eli is wooden and flat and feels like he should be on The Bold and the Beautiful. Valerie also has no identity. I'm not even sure what Abe sees in her other than the fact that she's black and female and in his age range kind of so obviously the show is going to pair them up.

On some level, I'm just waiting for all these peripheral characters to fulfill their inevitable journey of leaving as soon as their contracts run out because they never caught on. It keeps happening that way. This show seems to cycle through these characters every few years and you can call them almost as soon as you see them. Eli, Lani and Paul are all essentially the same special snowflakes with zero actual personality. In rare cases, characters like Chad who are retconned into being the offspring of popular characters manage to catch on because the narrative is strong enough to support them or the character has a certain pizzazz. So far, the only two characters I've seen like this are Theresa and Tripp...and Theresa ended up being the previously seen child of an established couple so it's hard to consider her a success.

Eli will be gone within the next year or two if the show is still around. I don't hate the guy, I just don't care anymore. The show really stinks at introducing new characters and making them compelling. Even if they stumble upon a really great actor like they did with the original Jade or with Aiden (not that he relates to my point here about mystery children of popular characters) they totally botch the story.

Lani in particular was terrible today. Sal Stowers doesn't know how to talk it seems. Maybe she could do a commercial about depression medication. But I just find her super awkward.

Of the current crop of younger characters the only ones I find to be good are Chad, JJ, Abigail (to a point), Claire (when given good material), Theo (to a point) and maybe Tripp, but he's unfortunately roped into being Ava's son, which sucks.

I'm done with teens showing up and having issues because nobody knew they were the kid of veteran character X and Y. If one more person ends up being someone's kid I'm going to throw a boot through my television.

Sonny, all you want is power. Whether you deserve it or not. You are probably not skilled enough to run Titan. Maybe go back to college and get an MBA.

See, I always felt this is where the show was taking him as a character from Day 1. First he started up his own businesses and had success on a small scale and then would eventually take his place at Titan. Him suddenly jumping to CEO however is laughable and his tough-guy mobster act and gelled hair makes it completely absurd. It's a shame because again I think we all used to like Freddie and this character quite a bit. Now I'm praying for a recast. If they really want him to play a businessman from here on out, they need someone who can believably pull that off. Freddie was okay as the kind of nice guy cousin in the Kiriakis family...but he's no Bruce Wayne.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Of the current crop of younger characters the only ones I find to be good are Chad, JJ, Abigail (to a point), Claire (when given good material), Theo (to a point) and maybe Tripp, but he's unfortunately roped into being Ava's son, which sucks.

I agree with most of this but I'd also put Gabi has having potential--there's something very natural in her line deliveries and reactions to the craziness around her. 

I'm kind of embarrassed for Tripp--this self-professed street wise kid has been easily duped by Jade, an obvious user who doesn't even bother to hide that she's working her own agenda.  And I can't stand this whole "I need to get revenge for my mother"--his mother Ava, who was responsible for so much pain and mayhem.  Should the people she hurt get to hurt him now in return?  I hope this revenge plot ends soon because it's just damn painful.

• Love 4

Like many of you I'm only watching when it's convenient.  Lucky me it was Wednesday otherwise known as the Resurrection of St Daniel. I used mute most of the time.  Jawn is a caricature of himself and just die already Brady. At least he shut up. 

Now sonny is a  pilot? Oh boy.  His hair looks like Donald Jr. Icky. I hope this isn't a thing now. 

• Love 2

Speaking of hair - I noticed that John & Rafe are letting some gray show through. Looks so much better than that fakey flat black hair they've been sporting, especially on John. Now if only some of the older ladies would relax a little and let a few natural highlights come through.

I have to admit I can't wait for Marlena to let her grey show. It would be a nice passing of the torch if you will. I feel like the last lady we saw on the show with gray or white hair was Alice Horton. It would certainly indicate a new era of the series. I doubt Deidre would be willing to do it though. Maybe it might be possible after she and John have their last marriage ceremony.

1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Marlena said Eric and Brady are half-brothers? Which parent do they share?

That was a script mistake.  They're stepbrothers.  Eric's parents are Roman and Marlena.  Brady's parents are John and the late Isabella.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Nalan said:

That was a script mistake.  They're stepbrothers.  Eric's parents are Roman and Marlena.  Brady's parents are John and the late Isabella.

It did not bother me at all. Marlena is Brady's mother in every way that counts.  Eric and Brady were raised as brothers.  John raised Eric for a long time.  Plus, Marlena considers Brady to be her son.  In fact, Isabella asked her to be a part of his life after she died. Isabella was no fool, she knew that John and Marlena would reunite.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Happy as I am to see this version of Ciara go, how can the show justify her hopping a flight to Hong Kong to hang with Shawn and Belle if Belle can't be bothered to hop a flight to Salem when her brother is on the brink of death?

I assumed Ciara might go to Los Angeles to see Caroline, Kimberly and Shane. She was after all packing up Caroline's things just a week or two ago. It might have been nice for her to think of spending time with her grandmother.

How many more weeks until the new writing starts? Sigh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I don't think I knew that Sonny is a pilot. Hope he's a good one... Or maybe I don't. :o)

that's a new "wonderous" thing to make us think he's all grown up and one of the big boys, I guess. It's the stupidest thing ever.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, today's episode. Finally, the show acknowledged that Marlena raised Brady. 

Just watched the Marlena/Victor scenes.  Too bad they had to taint them by bringing up Daniel.  Seriously, I am so sick of hearing about him.

58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Happy as I am to see this version of Ciara go, how can the show justify her hopping a flight to Hong Kong to hang with Shawn and Belle if Belle can't be bothered to hop a flight to Salem when her brother is on the brink of death?

Or that Claire didn't decide to go with Ciara to visit with her parents, and see Hong Kong.

2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Speaking of hair - I noticed that John & Rafe are letting some gray show through. Looks so much better than that fakey flat black hair they've been sporting, especially on John. Now if only some of the older ladies would relax a little and let a few natural highlights come through.

I understand the need in Hollywood for everyone, women particularly, to look young no matter how old they are, but I agree it would be nice if even one of the older women looked liked they were older than 60.  Then again, I wonder if I'll ever be willing to go grey? Probably not. LOL.

So watching the castaways today, I kept thinking it was a blend of Gilligan's Island, the voodoo curse on The Brady Bunch and the sets from Lost in Space.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

Why did Sonny, suddenly a pilot, have to take control of the plane?  What happened to the other pilot?

Kinda hard to see anything on that dark island.

Does Lani really think there is dangerous wildlife on a Greek island?

Is Sonny having second thoughts about being a high stress tycoon?  He seems to be happy being on that island.

So Ciara is planning on coming back after the summer.  I assume as a different actress, though I haven't seen anything about the character coming back.

"It took you long enough."  Wow, way to be supportive.

So are we going to get anything about how Guy died?

Weird ending for a Friday.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Just watched the Marlena/Victor scenes.  Too bad they had to taint them by bringing up Daniel.  Seriously, I am so sick of hearing about him.

Or that Claire didn't decide to go with Ciara to visit with her parents, and see Hong Kong.

I understand the need in Hollywood for everyone, women particularly, to look young no matter how old they are, but I agree it would be nice if even one of the older women looked liked they were older than 60.  Then again, I wonder if I'll ever be willing to go grey? Probably not. LOL.

So watching the castaways today, I kept thinking it was a blend of Gilligan's Island, the voodoo curse on The Brady Bunch and the sets from Lost in Space.

It has to be awkward for Gabi. She's slept with two out of the three het guys, AND Sonny's husband! Eli's turn at bat, I guess. Sonny and Paul, of course, are the Howells, since no one is interested in either of them, and Sonny is already dressing like Thurston. Gabi is obviously Ginger, which makes Lani Mary Ann. Eli, Chad, and JJ are interchangeable as Gilligan, the Prof and the Skipper, though I think "Little Buddy" just seems more what one would call JJ. Lost in Space and Brady Bunch are too incestuous for this group.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, worleybird said:

Seven people stranded on an isle?? Gilligan, anyone??

Lets see:

Ginger=Gabby

MaryAnn=Lani

Mr+Mrs Howell=Sonny & Paul

The Professor=Eli

Skipper=Chad

Gilligan=JJ

39 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

It has to be awkward for Gabi. She's slept with two out of the three het guys, AND Sonny's husband! Eli's turn at bat, I guess. Sonny and Paul, of course, are the Howells, since no one is interested in either of them, and Sonny is already dressing like Thurston. Gabi is obviously Ginger, which makes Lani Mary Ann. Eli, Chad, and JJ are interchangeable as Gilligan, the Prof and the Skipper, though I think "Little Buddy" just seems more what one would call JJ. Lost in Space and Brady Bunch are too incestuous for this group.

Haha, just saw this and our choices were pretty much on point!!

Can't say I'll miss Ciara much, perhaps a recast would breathe new life into her character.  Wyatt looked sinister when he left Ciara's place.

Stupid Deimos, I want to smack the smug from his face!

• Love 2
(edited)

I know that Gabi and JJ slept together, but I must have missed it when it happened between Eli and Gabi.  And can I tell you, Eli needs to grow up and stop being mean to Gabi--he chose to break up with her, so he doesn't get to be a passive aggressive bitch to her now because he can't stand to see her with Chad.

VJ really is a crappy actress and Ciara's a pretty awful person--she breaks up with Theo because she wants to be with Chad, who soundly rejects her, so she decides she wants to be with Theo again only now he's with Claire and instead of respecting their relationship, she writes him a letter, telling him all about her secret feelings.  As horrible as this is to say, I kind of like that she got a taste of  what its like to be jerked around by someone you care about.  I guess  Wyatt's off the show now?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Gabi hasn't slept with Chad.

Ooops! I could have sworn she had, what with all the nudity and liplocking! Oh, well, no time like the present then! It's Eli vs. Chad in DOOL Survivor. (Unless Eli decides to try a threesome with Paul and Sonny.)

Edited by NorthstarATL