Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why is Abigail so unhappy?  She has her baby and finally going to marry Chad.  Yet she looked so unhappy in that wedding gown.  She threw a shit fit because Chad caught her in that gown.  It was too much.  If she was happy, she wouldn't have been so over the top with voicing her displeasure at being caught with the gown on.  She looks like she is just dreading, dreading the thought of getting married!  I don't get it.  Can someone tell me why Abigail has a bug up her ass???

Another thing that bothers me is why Abigail looks so ugly now.  Why did they uglify KM?   I remembered when she was a sweet looking blonde with nice clothes.  Why does she look so frumpy now?

On the other hand, I think Martha Madison looks really beautiful lately.  She lost that starchiness in her portrayal of Belle this time around.  She has a lot of chemistry with NuPhillip even though NuPhillip is boring and awkward.  She really sells it that she's in lust with Phillip.

Thaao is very entertainingly cray cray as Andre.  He's charmingly bat shit crazy and I enjoy watching him chew up the scenery.  He'll never be Stefano but that's ok for me for now.

• Love 6

Maybe Abby likes to have at least two men chasing after her at all times. Keeps life interesting. Being married may make it a bit unsuitable, but it's not like that's ever stopped her before. Committing to someone for all the days of her life? Ummm, no. She seems the type of person who gets a 'high' from male validation. Or likes the idealization phase. Then when she has her guy, it's time to devalue him, and then discard. Rinse and repeat.

She's also running out of DiMeras, as Chad and Tony are all that is left. As far as she knows.

• Love 7

For awhile there I could hardly wait to watch this soap.  Now?  Even when it's on I'm not paying attention.  I haaaate what they've done to Steve (and so to Steve and Kayla), and what they've done to Hope and Rafe.  I don't like that Lucas is still invisible, or that the Nicole/Kate/Theresa business trio is over before it started.  Or that Theresa has lost all of her edge (she should still despise Abigail, for one thing).  Or that JPL is a tic-laden ham (he needs to be replaced, stat).

I am liking Theresa and Nicole's friendship and hope that continues.  The teens are ok for the most part.  Jen's addiction story is promising.  And I'm loving Vincent Irizzary, so there's some bright spots.  It's just odd how quickly soaps these days go from entertaining and good on a fairly consistent basis to boring and shitty three days out of five.  Hopefully things will turn back around soon.

Another thing that bothers me is why Abigail looks so ugly now.  Why did they uglify KM?  

Heh.  I've always thought KM was ugly, even when she had longer, blonder hair. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 8

Why is Abigail so unhappy?  She has her baby and finally going to marry Chad.  Yet she looked so unhappy in that wedding gown.  She threw a shit fit because Chad caught her in that gown.  It was too much.  If she was happy, she wouldn't have been so over the top with voicing her displeasure at being caught with the gown on.  She looks like she is just dreading, dreading the thought of getting married!  I don't get it.  Can someone tell me why Abigail has a bug up her ass???

Abifail is a loser, among other things. 

• Love 5

Why is Abigail so unhappy?  

I'm confused by her attitude, too, and y'all know I'm not an Abihater -- but I spent way too much time puzzling over what could be wrong now. Aside from moving into the Dark Shadows manse, I guess; we know she's ambivalent about that but she looked very happy when she agreed to the move. I'm really not sure what we're supposed to think is behind those downcast eyes these last couple of days. Chad, on the other hand, wears his delight all over his face : )

• Love 1

For awhile there I could hardly wait to watch this soap.  Now?  Even when it's on I'm not paying attention.  I haaaate what they've done to Steve (and so to Steve and Kayla), and what they've done to Hope and Rafe.  I don't like that Lucas is still invisible, or that the Nicole/Kate/Theresa business trio is over before it started.  Or that Theresa has lost all of her edge (she should still despise Abigail, for one thing).  Or that JPL is a tic-laden ham (he needs to be replaced, stat).

I am liking Theresa and Nicole's friendship and hope that continues.  The teens are ok for the most part.  Jen's addiction story is promising.  And I'm loving Vincent Irizzary, so there's some bright spots.  It's just odd how quickly soaps these days go from entertaining and good on a fairly consistent basis to boring and shitty three days out of five.  Hopefully things will turn back around soon.

Speculation is that when the shows written by the new writers started in September, Josh Griffith was doing most of the writing.  And now, speculation is that Dena Higley's writing is what we've been seeing in December/January, and that the "horrible-ness" of her story lines is what caused her to take a "leave of absence" and that now Josh Griffith and Beth Milstein (who was hired when Dena went on her LOA) are writing the shows we are seeing and that is why suddenly on Friday things seemed a bit better. 

All speculation, of course, but hopefully correct, and that things are on the way back to being watchable and enjoyable again.

• Love 6

I'm confused by her attitude, too, and y'all know I'm not an Abihater -- but I spent way too much time puzzling over what could be wrong now. Aside from moving into the Dark Shadows manse, I guess; we know she's ambivalent about that but she looked very happy when she agreed to the move. I'm really not sure what we're supposed to think is behind those downcast eyes these last couple of days. Chad, on the other hand, wears his delight all over his face : )

I think they're showing her to be apprehensive as she knows JJ has a point about Chad being cursed, so to speak. Just my opinion but it seems they're showing her being unsure that her happy little dream life with Chad will play out and it may not be be going as planned. 

I also think Chad knows Andre is right and is trying really hard to just not believe it. I think he wants to get away from all of it. It seems he keeps going to Hope's to get her to reassure him. Pretty sure it's not really working and he just wants to grab the fiance and the kid and move on without dealing with the fall out. 

Okay, I'm biased but my boyfriend, Vincent Irrizary must have that painting of himself in the attic that is aging. He looks as hot as ever and I love how they're letting him show his charming side. Although I love him telling Rex, I mean "Phiilip", what a moron and loser he is, I do like to see him move on to scary sexy.  And JPL's Phillip is even less appealing than Rex. And that's saying a lot. Rex was a twitchy, annoying freak who only was entertaining when he was in scenes with great actors. That's not even working this time.

I love OTT soap melodrama and even cartoon villains. I was one of the few who loved Mitch Lawrence on OLTL as he was funny to me and I love Roscoe Borne. Andre's crazy is funny to me. I'm liking it!!! And how is it that Hope is looking like the bad guy to me? She's Hope. There's something wrong here. This story is screwed.

So, I'm having fun. But I am anything but a Marie Wilson fan. With that caveat, she looks old even in the muted scene they had. Maybe she should find out where VI got his painting. She really needs one. And I am SO not looking forward to her "whispering is emoting" style of acting. Glad I have the FF button there! 

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 5

I think they're showing her to be apprehensive as she knows JJ has a point about Chad being cursed, so to speak. Just my opinion but it seems they're showing her being unsure that her happy little dream life with Chad will play out and it may not be be going as planned. 

I also think Chad knows Andre is right and is trying really hard to just not believe it. I think he wants to get away from all of it. It seems he keeps going to Hope's to get her to reassure him. Pretty sure it's not really working and he just wants to grab the fiance and the kid and move on without dealing with the fall out. 

Yes, especially with the groom seeing the bride's dress in advance. I see -- thanks, Roxy : )

Good riddance. I can't believe she got to write the deaths of Stefano, Bo, Aiden...and Daniel (not that I care one whit about him, of course).

But the other three?? She did them wrong. WRONG! *hsssssss*

Hope she never comes back. Did she ever work on Another World?

• Love 2

Good riddance. I can't believe she got to write the deaths of Stefano, Bo, Aiden...and Daniel (not that I care one whit about him, of course).

But the other three?? She did them wrong. WRONG! *hsssssss*

Hope she never comes back. Did she ever work on Another World?

*cough*Will*cough*

• Love 5

My goodness have they declawed Theresa down to nothing. It actually makes me sad. I didn't need her to be a coke sniffing attempted murderer but where is her edge? She's been so neutered I can barely watch her. Getting emotional every time Nicole and Brady look at each other is getting old. Ugh.

I also do not love this show making Belle a crappy mother. Granted Claire was a toddler last time we saw her but they couldn't make her care less about her kid if they tried. Continuing to screw Philip while ignoring Claire and I'm pretty sure she's still married. Married to a dope; Yes but still married though.

JJ graduated from the police academy in 2 weeks? No wonder the Salem PD is not very good. If I remember he hadn't even started by New Years.

Still intrigued by this Jennifer pill addiction that is starting. Don't worry Jen, one of your kids will care when it happens!

Steve and Ava are gross. Love seeing Days not give up on one of their favorite tropes: coerced sex. Who doesn't love seeing that?

• Love 7

Has it been explained why Belle looks kind of annoyed that she has a daughter? That's what I get from her when I see her in scenes with Claire, and it baffles me because I have no idea why she's upset. I get why she's upset with the men -- the ones in Salem are too stupid to live. But what has her daughter done that causes disdain to pass over Belle's face?

I think Abigail does that thing with her eyes where she tries to keep them open without blinking in order for tears to come, but nothing much happens anyway. I know KM enjoys exercising a lot (and that part of her personality I do admire), but maybe her arms are a little too muscle-y looking or over-exercised. She looked a little odd in that dress, and I  didn't get what Chad was going on about when he was talking about how beautiful she was looking in that outfit.

Phillip's face is so annoying to look at. To me, he simply looks like Melissa Reeves's husband after  undergoing a half-done face lift.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Holy Crap  but Abby was really amping up the whiny shrillness!  Does Chad realize that he is going to have to listen to that harriadan for the rest of his day?  If he was wise, he'd be rethinking his offer of matrimony.  And she really needs to take off that wedding dress because the more she wears it, the stranger looking she appears.

I can't bring myself to care about the teen set and Ciara's angst that Theo is mad at her or even to be concerned that Theo was being bullied.  I just don't care--the young actors are trying but we don't know the characters in these new incarnations yet so it's hard to work up a sweat worrying about them.

I also can't be too concerned about Joey because he is literally to stupid to live.  And I also think he, much like the actors playing Phillip and Ava, is weirdl;y unattractive and it's throwing me off from watching their scenes.

• Love 3

John Hughes marathon?  Does Hope even know kids?

Why would Kayla believe Ava if she told her she slept with Steve?

I guess Joey doesn't have a car?

Don't like Andre, but he sure has Rafe's number.

That baby's not dead.

• Love 3

Cheeses Joe, as handsome as he is, is still keeping secrets?  Steve has been nothing but straight with him.  And hiding the fact he has Ava's number on callback when she informed him where to find Kayla, but saying nothing?  Kayla cut to the heart of it thank goodness and called Roman. 

John Hughes is always a good time.

It looks like Ava thinks the baby is dead.  Steve handled her well today.  Gee, what's not to like about a snake tattoo sticking out of the back of a pea green dress? 

I'm surprised I'm enjoying Andre now.  Especially after the conversation between his hysteria and rational Chad.  Sort of a nice contrast between 80's Days and now.  So I'm enjoying him as a bit of a throwback.  Why Andre doesn't have the police dig up fatha is beyond me, seeing as he had nothing to do with it.  But he's already ruined evidence and is delusional as Chad pointed out.  Chad gave him a kind of credibility. But his hat is too big.

• Love 4

Loll... Did Ms Andre basically call Rafe "Pussywhip" for Hope and said he has no guts to do what Hope did to Stefano... Says the guy that had a pantyliner on his face for 2 weeks

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Rafe ignored Hope when she asked what else did he do while he was here? How about bug your house? I can't believe they didn't even think of that.

Theo seems to be taking Ciara's rejection in stride. That's nice. I've got a soft spot for Theo and I think he and Ciara of the teen crowd work best together.

Joey is really not that bright. I'm glad Kayla was not trying to play any games. Call the police on Ava and this time someone might actually arrest her.

• Love 3

I watched today's show but it didn't take.  Sort of how 4 years of latin and I still don't know my deums from my dipshits.  

All I got was more scenes of Abigail being pissy and whiny about not everyone doing exactly what she wants, feeling exactly how she wants, and not jumping up and down because she's going to get married three weeks after the LAST guy she was going to marry murdered half the town.  Oh, sorry, longer than three weeks. By the Salem timeline it's at least 4.

Hell, if I was Jenn, I'd have become an addict YEARS ago, having to live with that freak.

Oh yeah - Ava's baby is supposed to be dead.  Sure would be nice if were true but Show isn't going to let us off that easy.

Hey!  Since timelines don't matter in Salem, how about some sci-fi sorasing and make Andre Ava and Patch's kid?  I'd LOVE to hear Andre call Patch, 'Fatha'.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Abby just can't be happy, can she? She practically shot down every idea Chad was giving and then turned on him by saying he doesn't want to face Andre. For heaven's sake, get married in France, stay there awhile until everything blows over and then come back to Salem and have a marriage ceremony with the family and friends. Abby was being so negative and disagreeable that I'm surprised Chad didn't walk out on her!

In the scene between Rafe and Andre, Andre comes out strong and sarcastic and Rafe s just defensive and wimpy. Sometimes I think GG is just phoning it in. TP is just having great fun chewing up the scenery.

Ciara/Chase/Theo is vaguely interesting. Chase is pretty fucked up in the head because of his dad and I feel sorry for him even though I absolutely hated him for bullying a harmless autistic kid. Now Andre is going to fuck up his head even more. Sad.

• Love 4

Abs needs a new wedding gown. The groom has already seen her in it, and now it's more than bad luck and a bad omen for the 'marriage'. Yep, she'll be lucky to make it to Anniversary 1 without finding a new dude to validate her and be unlike the soon-to-be boring Chad.

What is the rush with getting married? You just dumped your former serial killer fiancé a few weeks ago. Will she lose the catering deposit? Valentine's Day is coming up. Give the flowers to folks in the hospital or one of the Salem nursing homes. What's the appeal of the musty old mansion? Granted, it doesn't have the flashing lights that the Weston casa had, but it's still a bleak place.

Andre did have Rafe's number. If both Hope and Rafe felt that Andre had been in the house (surely most people would sense something 'off'), nothing like a bug sweep. However, Andre seems to be making a friend in lost soul Chase. Ciara doesn't really want him, and she doesn't really want to be more than friends with Theo.

Of course Ava's baby isn't dead. Like, really?

• Love 3

Ava's biological clock must be ticking so loudly that it made Ava nuts!  I think she wants Steve to impregnate her in the worse way and I don't know why, of all the guys to choose, she picks Steve!  I can't get over the fact that she's so delusional she thinks Steve will fall in love with her even though she forced Steve to do the dirty deed or she'll never let Sweetness go.  Steve rages at her and curses at her and she still makes loving eyes at this old dude with the eye patch.  I am hoping against hope that Ava will leave now that they found out that her baby died, but I don't think it's going to happen.  Ava is determined to make Steve hers no matter what.  Damn!  That was some weird ass snake tattoo on her back!  She's definitely one scary chick!

Andre's listening/visual device attached to that picture frame in Hope's house is incredibly big.  You'd think Hope would realize that if her gun was stolen, then Andre was in the house and could've planted something in the house to harm her and the kids.  I'm surprised she didn't overturn everything to look for a bomb or something.  She would've found the bug on the frame if she wasn't panicking all over the place.  I think the audio failed because Andre couldn't hear what Hope and Rafe were saying but it doesn't matter anyway, Andre is going to take revenge no matter what.

• Love 4

So I've caught up on the latest and all I can say is that this show can sure suck the life out of you, although not the snark, as evidenced here.

Abifail, Abifail, Abifail...oh nos! Chad saw you in your bandaid dress (still better than B&B's Steffy's Aspen fright bride get up) - as if him seeing her in the wedding dress is the only anvil hanging over their meant to be marriage.

I agree that MM is selling the hell out of Belle's hot to trot for Phillip, but what is with the addiction dialogue. It's Belle, TPTB, not Bella, so stop with the Twilight fanfiction already. Phillip's face looks rode hard and put away wet.

I cannot believe Patch stooped down in the gutter to bed that awful Ava. I'm sure he could have done a million other things that didn't include Ava to rescue Kayla. This won't end well because Ava is the thirstiest wench I've seen and that's saying something considering we have B&B's let me be your dirty secret Sasha and Y&R's cuckoo for cocoa puffs Sandy (well, we did have Sandy). Just looking at her makes me want to douse myself in hand sanitizer. 

Hope/Rafe - still FF material as if Ciera - my goodness, could they have found a worse actress than this one? And scarface Andre is a cartoon at this point. All that's missing is a twirling mustache.

• Love 3

I wish they'd give Abe a love interest.   I really enjoy James Reynolds.

I really liked how they had he and Maxine go to WilSon's wedding. What ever happened with that...or did they drop it? Anything to give Maxine a story...like #MaxineSon (Tony!)

• Love 4

I have just no idea what I watched yesterday. 

Andre is kinda fun.

I can't even with Abby's "I don't want a big wedding, but I want a big wedding" stance as if the public ceremony will solve whatever issues folks (meaning JJ) have with her life choices. 

Big laugh of the day to Chad saying that Andre was jealous that he had a gorgeous bride. You keep telling yourself that buddy.

I don't see what the point of Lex is. I stopped myself from being excited they were adding a black female character because of just what is happening now - they don't know what to do with her. Afraid to pair her with a non-black male character; afraid to give her flavor - so she just remains stuck in a limbo of beige storytelling and that is if she's lucky. 

Ava? I am at my lifetime limit of crazy delusional soap trope chicks that won't take no for an answer. What a disgusting story they gave Steve and Kayla and if they are stuck raising crazy's baby - I'm just through. 

Is that young actor who plays Joey getting worse?

Surprisingly, the Theo/Ciara/Chase has potential. I am curious to know what Chase overheard Hope and Rafe saying because one minute he seems to be at the stairs listening and the next spying Theo and Ciara. I admit to being distracted though - I was playing a rousing game of Cookie Jam. 

Chase? Talking to men in long coats, a fedora and a hell of a facial scar in kidnap, assault and murder park is something your parents should have taught you about before your first day of kindergarten. Big no!

• Love 8

(still better than B&B's Steffy's Aspen fright bride get up)

I will never unsee that monstrosity. Never.

All I caught today was Theresa singing Brady to sleep, and that's all I needed. Jennifer Lilley is a gem.

Kinda sad that they girl they hired to be the Prodigy Voice on the show was just casually upstaged by a character with no emphasized vocal talent...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made Crazy Ava pregnant with the coerced sex. It's the exact same thing they did with the Blair/Not!Todd/Margaret mess. Margaret wanted Not!Todd's baby, tied Blair up and threw her in the trunk of a car in freezing February and then raped Not!Todd on Valentines Day.

Yes. So romantic.

And Blair wound up raising the baby (after lots of shenanigans involving secret births, illegal adoptions, kidnappings and more shit like that.) But Blair was that kind of character... children in need were vastly important to her having grown up in foster care and orphanages. She was amazingly maternal given her start as a money hungry gold digger but that's who she was. She would no sooner turn a child away than cut off her leg. That being said, she did have problems with it at first and Margaret was dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. Not soap opera dead. Just fucking dead.

Kayla is about as good as they make them and family does mean a lot to her but it's from a completely different place as the character of Blair in that situation. I don't have the same history with Steve and Kayla as I did with Blair and Todd but I can see similarities here and there. Steve had a shitty upbringing and, because of that, children in trouble is one of his major hot buttons. I already know that due to the introduction of Frankie and Max. Todd and Blair both had abusive childhoods and children were buttons for both... although Todd got to a point where he didn't much care for other people's kids while Blair swooned over any child she saw ever (both actors were impossibly good with kids, too.)

I don't know exactly where Kayla draws the line with Steve whereas Blair repeatedly drew it in regards to her kids. She loved Todd with everything in her but if she had to make a choice, she'd choose the kids every time. It didn't hurt that Sam (the baby that Margaret got from Not!Todd) turned out absolutely fucking adorable and given Not!Todd's rather bizarre mood shifts it happened that Blair wound up being his primary caregiver and became his mother, fought for him in court against Not!Todd and Marcie and Michael (who had adopted him illegally (to be fair, they didn't know that) and went after him when Not!Todd went off the rails for a bit) and won. Sam became hers.

Now the other side of that is how the storyline is playing out so far. Margaret held not!Todd captive for months. Seriously, it was at least six months he was tied to that bed, trying to escape... what's more. He had been shot in both legs, the wounds were infected, he grew a significantly bushy beard and fought her off as much as he could all through that time until she got a hold of Blair. Then she gave Blair and N!Todd walkie talkies so they could talk... basically so they could know that the situation was as dire as it was. Blair told him to do whatever he had to do to get out of there (and let's just mention that after Margaret raped him, she set the cabin he was tied up in to explode because her pregnancy test came back negative, Blair was believed dead in a car crusher but had managed to escape and was found by a homeless guy, then got shoved into a mental institution by a vindictive ex... it was an utter pile-on of shit) so you had this long dragged out mess where you were basically on Blair's side going 'yeah, do whatever you have to do to END THIS FUCKING STORY!!' Oh, if we had but known.

This situation seems way too quick. "I couldn't find you overnight so I just fucked her because she wanted me to and I was out of ideas." As much as the OLTL story dragged out way way way the fuck too long you at least understood the desperation the characters felt. This is just too compressed. It's all of the crap in 1/4 of the time and, somehow, that makes it even more intolerable.

What's more... Kayla's a doctor. She helps everybody so I'm actually totally fine with her going 'I've had more than enough of your shit raining on my god damned parade so, no, I'm not raising the baby you made with that crazy bitch who killed my father, cracked me of the head with a candlestick, threw me in a room to die and, oh yeah, turned my son into a raging hormonal douche-nozzle.' Kayla is infinitely more well adjusted than Blair ever was but, also, Blair's maternal instincts were on par with wolves or bears. Fiercely protective with teeth and claws (she hacked her way into a room with an axe when Margaret was trying to murder Blair's daughter... and kicked her way into N!Todd's cabin with her stiletto heels -- which is how Margaret got her tied up and in the trunk of a car) -- it was kind of a given that Blair would fall in love with Sam and take care of him better than either of his bio parents (she did) but Kayla doesn't need that.

If Chase is the long lost son of Steve and Ava I don't have as much of an issue with it for some reason. Mainly because that kid needs a place to call his own and it's growing increasingly more troublesome to me that he has a crush on Ciara and they're sort of step-siblings living in the same house or whatever. He can move in with Kayla and Joe and commiserate with Joe about the weirdness of their love lives. (Joe wins this by the way. "I have a crush on my step sister?" "I had the hots for an insane woman who has the hots for my Dad." "Dude...") At least Chase might start feeling better about himself, you know? (And leave Theo alone.) But a new baby? Absolutely not.

I hope that they find out Chase is Steve and Ava's but Ava never gets to meet him. Instead, she announced her pregnancy all aglow. Steve is horrified and then she's promptly eaten by a shark.

The shark then becomes friends with Kayla. He's like her larger, toothier version of Flipper. She'll call him Bitey and go on undersea adventures while Steve gets to stay at home and figure out how to explain all of this shit to his sons.

• Love 4

Hm.  Lani and Fynn?

Why do we never see Lucas and Philip in a scene together?

Philip has the same questions we have about where Deimos is getting his money.

Are they ever going to take down that memorial to Daniel?

I didn't understand that last scene.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made Crazy Ava pregnant with the coerced sex. It's the exact same thing they did with the Blair/Not!Todd/Margaret mess. Margaret wanted Not!Todd's baby, tied Blair up and threw her in the trunk of a car in freezing February and then raped Not!Todd on Valentines Day.

Yes. So romantic.

And Blair wound up raising the baby (after lots of shenanigans involving secret births, illegal adoptions, kidnappings and more shit like that.) But Blair was that kind of character... children in need were vastly important to her having grown up in foster care and orphanages. She was amazingly maternal given her start as a money hungry gold digger but that's who she was. She would no sooner turn a child away than cut off her leg. That being said, she did have problems with it at first and Margaret was dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. Not soap opera dead. Just fucking dead.

Kayla is about as good as they make them and family does mean a lot to her but it's from a completely different place as the character of Blair in that situation. I don't have the same history with Steve and Kayla as I did with Blair and Todd but I can see similarities here and there. Steve had a shitty upbringing and, because of that, children in trouble is one of his major hot buttons. I already know that due to the introduction of Frankie and Max. Todd and Blair both had abusive childhoods and children were buttons for both... although Todd got to a point where he didn't much care for other people's kids while Blair swooned over any child she saw ever (both actors were impossibly good with kids, too.)

I don't know exactly where Kayla draws the line with Steve whereas Blair repeatedly drew it in regards to her kids. She loved Todd with everything in her but if she had to make a choice, she'd choose the kids every time. It didn't hurt that Sam (the baby that Margaret got from Not!Todd) turned out absolutely fucking adorable and given Not!Todd's rather bizarre mood shifts it happened that Blair wound up being his primary caregiver and became his mother, fought for him in court against Not!Todd and Marcie and Michael (who had adopted him illegally (to be fair, they didn't know that) and went after him when Not!Todd went off the rails for a bit) and won. Sam became hers.

Now the other side of that is how the storyline is playing out so far. Margaret held not!Todd captive for months. Seriously, it was at least six months he was tied to that bed, trying to escape... what's more. He had been shot in both legs, the wounds were infected, he grew a significantly bushy beard and fought her off as much as he could all through that time until she got a hold of Blair. Then she gave Blair and N!Todd walkie talkies so they could talk... basically so they could know that the situation was as dire as it was. Blair told him to do whatever he had to do to get out of there (and let's just mention that after Margaret raped him, she set the cabin he was tied up in to explode because her pregnancy test came back negative, Blair was believed dead in a car crusher but had managed to escape and was found by a homeless guy, then got shoved into a mental institution by a vindictive ex... it was an utter pile-on of shit) so you had this long dragged out mess where you were basically on Blair's side going 'yeah, do whatever you have to do to END THIS FUCKING STORY!!' Oh, if we had but known.

This situation seems way too quick. "I couldn't find you overnight so I just fucked her because she wanted me to and I was out of ideas." As much as the OLTL story dragged out way way way the fuck too long you at least understood the desperation the characters felt. This is just too compressed. It's all of the crap in 1/4 of the time and, somehow, that makes it even more intolerable.

What's more... Kayla's a doctor. She helps everybody so I'm actually totally fine with her going 'I've had more than enough of your shit raining on my god damned parade so, no, I'm not raising the baby you made with that crazy bitch who killed my father, cracked me of the head with a candlestick, threw me in a room to die and, oh yeah, turned my son into a raging hormonal douche-nozzle.' Kayla is infinitely more well adjusted than Blair ever was but, also, Blair's maternal instincts were on par with wolves or bears. Fiercely protective with teeth and claws (she hacked her way into a room with an axe when Margaret was trying to murder Blair's daughter... and kicked her way into N!Todd's cabin with her stiletto heels -- which is how Margaret got her tied up and in the trunk of a car) -- it was kind of a given that Blair would fall in love with Sam and take care of him better than either of his bio parents (she did) but Kayla doesn't need that.

If Chase is the long lost son of Steve and Ava I don't have as much of an issue with it for some reason. Mainly because that kid needs a place to call his own and it's growing increasingly more troublesome to me that he has a crush on Ciara and they're sort of step-siblings living in the same house or whatever. He can move in with Kayla and Joe and commiserate with Joe about the weirdness of their love lives. (Joe wins this by the way. "I have a crush on my step sister?" "I had the hots for an insane woman who has the hots for my Dad." "Dude...") At least Chase might start feeling better about himself, you know? (And leave Theo alone.) But a new baby? Absolutely not.

I hope that they find out Chase is Steve and Ava's but Ava never gets to meet him. Instead, she announced her pregnancy all aglow. Steve is horrified and then she's promptly eaten by a shark.

The shark then becomes friends with Kayla. He's like her larger, toothier version of Flipper. She'll call him Bitey and go on undersea adventures while Steve gets to stay at home and figure out how to explain all of this shit to his sons.

I love this with the exception of Kayla being stuck with any Steve/Skank spawn. Aside from the fact that she needs to kick Steve and his stupid son to the curb and finally live her life without the nightmares that Steve continues to cause her, I think Chase truly is mentally unstable, from the killing of his mother, which he blacked out, to the Aiden thing, to what he did and would have continued doing to Theo, I think Chase is the perfect character to do a mental health issue storyline with, cause I see cray-cray being his best friend. If, and they obviously will go with Chase as the child, he would be a danger to Kayla. More importantly, how would Chase be the son without a Steve cheated on Kayla storyline (which will naturally be glossed over and ignored) because Kayla was pregnant with Joey when the creature first appeared. Steve and Skank hadn't seen each other for years before she reappeared and Bo killed her father about a year after her arrival, and she was on-screen and clearly not pregnant, so how would he have taken creature's child from her. Are we to believe that Chase is so dim that he is a grown man in the 10th or 11th grade. Perhaps he is an adult and just like that movie, his crazy compels him to act like a kid.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

So Dr Tan, who was basically just a perpetually tan gigolo, is still being mourned and on the verge of beatification while Will (a legacy character, not some retconned hatched egg) and Bo (a huge core character, one half of one of the best supercouples when that term actually meant something) are all but forgotten?

Why did I tune in to this stupidity again?

• Love 10

I Hope Chase is not Steve's child with that Succubus...Ever since Chelsea, the infamous swamp baby of Bo and Billie; the show has broken a cardinal rule where the super couples and popular couples only have children with each other. The only exception was Justin and Adrienne with Alex Kiriakis that Justin had with Anjelica Devereaux. However, Adrienne adopted him and raised alongside their other sons Joseph, Victor Jr and Sonny...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Ava is way too insane for me to deal with. 

Nicole and Sami could be very delusional when it came to men, but there was still something human about them that would bring you to at least thinking they were capable of being not so insane that you'd still be willing to have a cup of coffee with them. I don't like the kind of crazy Ava is doling out at all.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

I can't believe Claire left New York City without informing Eve!  That's kind of rude and irresponsible.  Maybe it's good that she didn't get into Julliard (I don't think her singing was good enough anyway) because she's having problems facing rejection and only thinks of running away.  There is nothing wrong with waiting until next year and try again, like Belle said, but boy, Claire just shut Belle down and walked away from her.  For the first time, I felt a little sorry for Belle.  Brandon Beemer is bringing it on as a loving dad; I like his exchange with Claire.  It felt very warm.  I think Claire needs to practice a little more before trying out Julliard again.

Belle and Shawn managed to having a nice conversation about their kid, but I could see in Belle's eyes that she isn't really that interested in getting back together with Shawn.  I see a politeness, but no heat when they were talking to each other.  I think Shawn should just move on considering Belle can't seem to keep her legs closed when she is around Philip.  So when did Shawn become a cop?  I have only started watching DOOL again so I missed a lot of stuff.

Fynn is kinda hot.  Lani should date him, like, seriously!

Philip is in such deep doo doo with Deimos and I think Victor is also going to chew him out.  His mom, Kate doesn't even want to listen to his warnings about Deimos.  He's definitely not having a good day!  I've seen pictures of JPL on the web and he looked really hot then.  What happened to him?  He looks almost as skeletal as Hope!

I can relate to Belle taking out her newly bought rings and trying them on at the bar.  When I'm feeling shitty I indulge in jewelry retail therapy shopping too!  Did Belle get the money to spend on jewelry from Philip?

• Love 1

I think Steve is really stupid to have screwed the distasteful and surely dirty in every way Ava.  But I do think that Stephen Nichols is doing a remarkable job of showing his utter contempt for Ava in every look he sends her way.  It's just too bad he is being portrayed as being so stupid.  I do think Ava will wind up pregnant, because what is the point of them finding their long ago baby who must be an adult by now (I am not clear on this timeline).  I do like the idea of Chase being the missing baby, but then, it's kind of outlandish.

I think JPL has aged a lot, probably sun, smoking, and being too lean.  And genetics.  Because  Philip looks older than Deimos. VI has good genes.

• Love 3