Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Steve and Kayla were the best thing about this episode. Question about Joey -- So he drugged himself? Is he completely stupid?

Kate and Nicole continue to be tremendous assets to the show.

Piggybacking on my theme from yesterday: Victor -- STFU. Can we have one day or even one scene where you are not an obnoxious ass. I guess not, because that is always who you have been. Guess it's getting harder and harder to bamboozle people in your old age.

I have no interest in Finn because he's being shoved down our throats via Taniel. Did the showrunners think his being friends with the tan one would be a selling point for viewers?

• Love 2

Steve and Kayla were the best thing about this episode. Question about Joey -- So he drugged himself? Is he completely stupid?

It wouldn't even really make sense, because he would have no way of knowing Steve would show up back in town that night when he drugged himself.  But such is Days...  I was kind of glad to see him texting the same number that's been harassing Steve and Kayla; some of the texts coming from that number were a little below the belt.  His partner in crime must have been sending those.

Maybe my favorite thing about today, I never would have guessed Kayla would be high when Steve finally told her about BlackPatch.

• Love 1

Fab episode today IMO.  

Victor and Brady's confrontation was a long time coming.  And both of them had a point.  Brady has been a complete doofus in every relationship he's been in over the past few years, made horrible choices, treated people like garbage and basically abdicated his adult responsibilities, letting Victor and Maggie and Daniel and just about anybody else who was around to clean up his messes.  And while I'm a Theresa fan, she's no saint, far from it.  Thing is, Victor's dislike for her is over the top and as usual, he indulges in his worst misogynistic tendencies, something he does with virtually every woman he doesn't like.  Come to think of it, Brady does the same thing, more often than not.  

So while Victor's response to Theresa is understandable, considering her past actions, he's a total ass about it.  But I've got precious little sympathy for Brady ( and a lot for Theresa, wanting this bozo), considering what an emotional and physical bully he is.  Plus, the guy is approaching 40 - he's about 20 years too late to be declaring his independence now.  

BUT, that all said, I enjoyed their scenes.

Gabi and JJ, who knew they'd be so good together?  Okay, a lot of you guys did already.  Until now, I've not been much of a Camilla Banus fan.  She was awful on One Life to Live and I didn't think she was much better during her first run on Days.  Something's different - writing, maybe she's gotten to be a better actress? - whatever it is, I'm enjoying her.  And enjoying them as a couple.  I've always liked JJ, but his Paige storyline got to be rough.  All angst, anger, with little reason for us to ever invest in them as a couple.  I'm already on board with these two.

Kate and Nicole!  Talking business!!  And not only mentioning Will, but acknowleging how important he was to Kate!!!  It might never happen again, but it happened today and I loved it.    

I don't find Flynn attractive.

Niether do I.  He looks like he was created by committee.  Got the pouty lip, got the dimples, got the supposedly sexy eyes, blah fucking blah.  Plus, him being Daniel's friend is a stretch, considering Daniel looks old enough to have been his sperm donor.  Cuz Fynn looks to me like he was concieved and nurtured in a lab somewhere.  

There has to be more than pretty.  

LOVED Ann's takedown of Theresa.  As I said, I'm a Theresa fan, but not because she's a shining beacon of goodness and empathy.  She uses people, still does.  And while she might like Ann, she kicks her to the curb when it suits her, calls her up when she needs something.  Ann told her a few home truths, and then, best of all, didn't back down.  I'm just afraid, though, that this might be Ann's swan song.  Without her connection to Theresa there's not much need for her.  I hope that's not the case, because I think the actress is pretty great and the character, flawed as she is, does call out the hypocrites and assholes pretty accurately sometimes.

Right? He's been playing the blues for years. But I guess they were supposed to be high from solvent fumes or something? Hell, who cares -- they were adorable. I loved Kayla's little smile as she turned to Patch before they kissed. These two kill me. 

Kayla and Steve were utterly and completely charming, weren't they?  You could see the ease with which these two interact, the fun they have together.  It was such a great breathing space after all the death and ugliness.  I don't see what Joey is up to, but it's bound to backfire.  I want more of these two, and more of them in this mode, not anger or danger, at least not all the time.

I guess yesterday's show with Abigail and, as she calls him Bee..in, and Chad stomping around like he needs to find a bathroom stat ws a decent one, but I just don't care about that storyline.  And I hope it's over soon.  I think whatshisname playing Bee...in is doing a good job, Abigail isn't any worse than usual and Chad is being ruined by getting stuck with her as his GREAT LOVE, so days like we had today are so appreciated.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Steve Nichols & Mary Beth Evans have great chemistry. I guess them being great friends in real life helps. Although, I think Joey is a little old to be doing The Parent Trap with them. I guess you have to get them together somehow, right?

Did anyone read Peter Reckell's interview with SOD? It was kind of telling with his relationship with Kristian Alfonso. He mentioned Nichols, Evans, Cook & even nuCiera when talking about his last day & the death scene. He really only talked about KA in the sense of the history of Bo & Hope. It's funny after 30+ years they aren't very close. I guess everyone can't be best friends at work. I think she was closer to Daniel Cosgrove and they only met & worked together in the last year. That said, they both had great screen presence as Bo & Hope. Their first wedding was magical.

• Love 6

Fynn is just uber creepy to me. Ick. Seems to be almost literally dripping slime. Can't believe they think this guy is appealing.

As to Brady, I wonder if he will join the new fashion company. What else is he going to do?

The serial killer thing has been going on far too long for me. I just fast forward through all that crap now. Just get on with it already.

I wonder if the show will lighten up some in the new year. Death death death and more death is getting redundant and boring already.

• Love 4

Billy Flynn reminds me a lot of Andrew McCarthy's big blue eye stare in Pretty In Pink. 

I like him a lot. Running around over Trollop is bringing him down. He outshines that idiot Rafe, that's for sure.

Fynn and Dr. Grope together were torture. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

I think Christopher Sean is still filming and is involved with John's storyline.  I think involving him with Kate et. al. is a way to keep him in rather than write him out. 

He's still filming...about 4 days a month then last I heard.

Is this the first time Gabi and Paul have met?  Did they swap "I did the deed with Will Horton" stories?

I would LOVE to have seen that convo. I mean, at least SOME snark from Gabi in defense of her baby daddy/best friend. But they won't even mention that, probably...in any way b/c GOD FORBID we're reminded of the gays...or that Paul is one of them. (the last gay standing)

Gabi and Paujl go out of town for work and Paul decides not to come back to Salem for whatever reason. 

Meets up with Sonny and stays in Paris.

• Love 2

I would LOVE to have seen that convo. I mean, at least SOME snark from Gabi in defense of her baby daddy/best friend.

And what will Gabi be defending?  Will hooking up with Paul while being less-than-honest with him (which should ring some bells for Gabi)?  Will blackmailing his mom?  Will scheming with the new guy he was seeing?

Today is the first time since, I think, September that I turned on the show, then turned it off after seeing the teaser and first segment. I'm not interested in Brady/Theresa, have little interest in JJ/Gabi and absolutely no interest in Daniel/Nicole/Fynn. I only like Steve/Kayla, though I guess not enough to sit through the others.

Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but "I missed Ben/Abigail/Chad" !!!!!

I think tomorrow is

Bo's funeral

so I'll be watching.

Me too! I didn't even watch. Im sick of Brady whining to Victor about making him accept Theresa. Like Brady is mid 30s, he shouldn't need this much approval from Victor when it comes to his love life! Bo never allowed Victor, even Victor tried making Bo his heir, cancel Hope out. Like no bueno. Brady needs some balls. Theresa, I'm just not liking her. My god. This pairing isn't working for me one bit.

Like who gives a shit.

Brady has money, correct? Why can't he take he, Theresa and Tate and find their own place to live?? Victor is not holding a gun to him to stay. Brady is so brainless. It's the same shit with his character. He needs a job and something to do other than doing evey female in Salem. It's boring as hell.

JJ/Gabi - dont care. Gabi is about to get with another Horton and probably destory him too like Nick. And did JJ go fr being 18 to 21?? I like jeez writers be consistent!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

And what will Gabi be defending?  

Doesn't matter about what was wrong with Will or that he was legit to blame (even I don't defend his cheating, whining, scheming). Gabi was Will's friend (and much more) and should have some resentment of Paul for being the interloper (I only say interloper b/c after Paul found out about Will/Sonny, he went after Sonny. It's not Paul's fault about the sex b/c he didn't know. It's his pursuit of Sonny afterwards that I didn't care for). It's natural and real to defend your friends, even if they're wrong. I'm not saying she should be hateful. I'm just saying there should be some kind of acknowledgment of the complicated relationships involved in their becoming co-workers and possible friends.

JJ/Gabi - dont care. Gabi is about to get with another Horton and probably destory him too like Nick. 

While I'm not defending murder...Nick did deserve to be destroyed. He earned every second of what he got up to the shots were fired.

Oh God, I just defended GABI. Twice, even. What the hell is wrong with me?

• Love 5

He's still filming...about 4 days a month then last I heard.

I would LOVE to have seen that convo. I mean, at least SOME snark from Gabi in defense of her baby daddy/best friend. But they won't even mention that, probably...in any way b/c GOD FORBID we're reminded of the gays...or that Paul is one of them. (the last gay standing)

Meets up with Sonny and stays in Paris.

Paul will be written out at some point....Without Wilson, he is irrelevant....

It's natural and real to defend your friends, even if they're wrong. I'm not saying she should be hateful. I'm just saying there should be some kind of acknowledgment of the complicated relationships involved in their becoming co-workers and possible friends.

Oh, totally.  Gabi being all, "Oh, YOU'RE Paul" and acknowledging that she knows about his involvement in Will and Sonny's lives would be a normal, human reaction.  But if it went to a "It's all your fault Sonny went to Europe and Will got murdered" place, I'd have to give Gabs some serious side eye. 

Paul will be written out at some point....Without Wilson, he is irrelevant....

I disagree about that. If they have him around b/c of John and include him in that stuff then he's relevant...not interesting but relevant. Also as a model/spokesperson, etc... I don't want him to stay without the gay angle, though. And yes, he SHOULD be written out b/c BORING. (Character not CS)

Oh, totally.  Gabi being all, "Oh, YOU'RE Paul" and acknowledging that she knows about his involvement in Will and Sonny's lives would be a normal, human reaction.  But if it went to a "It's all your fault Sonny went to Europe and Will got murdered" place, I'd have to give Gabs some serious side eye. 

That's all I was saying. I don't at all think she should defend the cheating or blame Paul for Will's death. The only PEOPLE to blame for Will's death are Ben and Abi (LOL...her glittery hoo-hah made Ben go psychotic murderer).

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1

The rational Hortons (not Julie, possibly not Jen) should have some issues with JJ dating Gabi, but then remember that Nick, while not deserving to be murdered, did a lot of shit and that Gabi killed him under extreme distress, not because she just felt like killing someone that day. They should also remember that they all neglected Nick and let him run amok all over town. Jen should realize that JJ is an adult and trying to control him or tell him who to date isn't going to lead to anything good happening. 

• Love 5

I agree that they should have some issues with Gabi dating a Horton b/c murder is murder. I'm not condoning murder but yeah, there were circumstances, etc... and I really think that Jen, Hope and Julie should back off about how Nick was so great, etc... We'll have to listen to Julie whine and I can't stand that.

Julie has always been like, "Nick loved you so much. He didn't deserve this." 

Julie? He stalked her. Emotionally and mentally abused her. He manipulated her. He blackmailed she and her baby daddy. There is so much wrong with her opinion of Nick.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 6

Guys STOP posting spoilers in here. This is for DAILY DISCUSSION. We have given you several other forums in which to discuss departures and character deaths. If it did not happen on today's show DO NOT DISCUSS IT HERE. Come on, help me out and post in the right threads. Please.

See this thread for more info!

• Love 4

Right or not I'm just always surprised when people don't at least acknowledge or address the crazy circumstances.  For example, will we ever get a conversation with JJ and Gabi that touches on her relationship with Nick and Will and that JJ will be the third man of the Horton family that she has been involved with.

Same with Rafe and Hope, I personally have no objections but Rafe was married to her niece.  Will there be a second of hesitation and introspection there?  Will there be a conversation of I now going from former step-father to legal uncle of children that I helped raise. 

One of the only times that I remember something like this being brought up in a very realistic and subtle way was a scene between Billie and Roman regarding Kate.  It was when Lisa Rinna had come back to play Billie for a short stint, I think it was during the Larry Welch return storyline.  Anyway Billie was headed out of town and at the airport with Kate and Roman showed up.  At this time Roman and Kate were dancing around each other before officially getting together.  Anyway Billie and Roman had a nice "nod, wink, wink" conversation where Billie told Roman that she liked the idea of him being with her mother and that he should go for it.  The writers didn't hit us over the head with the fact that Billie and Roman had dated briefly back in the day and Roman was feeling a little weird about now going after Kate. To hear Billie sort of give Roman her blessing, it was a really sweet scene that showed a little acknowledgement can go a long way. 

• Love 3

Okay, why weren't Eric, Theresa and Brady at Bo's funeral?  They are all related to him and should have been there to support the family and Brady should especially be there for Victor.

And my family is Irish Catholic and I can't stand the notion that every Irish wake/funeral has to some kind of a drinking party where everybody tells stories about the dead person.  Sometimes the grieving people need time to absorb what has happened and I know that when my dad passed--it was six years this past September--I would have cut someone if I'd heard anyone trying to tell a funny story.  Give them some time to get through the grief for God's sake.

Still could give a crap less about Abby and her "You need me Ben, the baby can't survive without me Ben, ME, ME, MEEEE!!!" The only one I feel for is Baby Colin who has two idiots for caregivers.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Okay, why weren't Eric, Theresa and Brady at Bo's funeral?  They are all related to him and should have been there to support the family and Brady should especially be there for Victor.

I was wondering the same thing! If they are going to insist on a new death every month and the ensuing funeral could they at least have the relevant people there.  And was Jennifer at the funeral???  Or Joey?

Meanwhile at the cabin....how far away is this town supposed to be? There's a blizzard there but it wasn't snowing at the funeral in the park.  KM is not selling Trollop in the motherly role...at all. Even my 5 year old sitting next to me said, "maybe she should just feed the baby so it stops crying."

When Ben said "I can't stand to even look at you anymore," I kept thinking "ME TOO!!!"

• Love 8

What happened to Lani being one of Chad's ex's? I was hopeful that he would be allowed to get away from Abifail. 

The princess is not allowed to have any competition.  Did not with Ben and certainly not with Chad.

• Love 5

Well there is Aiden. Hes lonely tomestone. Chase is a sensitive kid. He favors Aiden but likeable.

Hope, you're husband is about to be buried... you need to be with your family, chile. You couldn't wait for this lol.

omg... this claudia chick got 9 fingers!

• Love 3

I read on Twitter that they at least threw in a mention why Kimberly wasn't there (delayed flights or something).  Did they explain Chelsea's absence?

What about Frankie, Max, Stefanie, Carrie, Sami, Billie, Carly, Andrew, Bo was willing to sacrifice his life for him......Shane should have been there as well...

• Love 2

God, someone get Abigail to a beautician

when all of this is over. Her hair is through.

Ans yea Rafe "I'll do anything for you" crap. Dude... can Bo go into the ground before you start making moves on Hope.

Damn so they didn't give Bo a USA flag. He was a Merchant Marine! Stupid writers.

• Love 3

Poor Chace and even Aiden. He died hours before Bo and Chace gets no goodbye or funeral at all. 

I felt for Steve more than anyone, he never gave up on Bo and loved him the most.

Kimberley they said was stuck at the airport and all flights delayed, so she must be flying into the snowed in area that Ben & Abby are at? Where was the St.Lukes set? They didn't mention Billie or Chelsea. Where was the big funeral Chace spoke about at the start of the show?  Theresa? Brady? Eric? JJ? Jennifer? Doug & Julie? Bo's funeral should have been so much more! I feel like that party they had for him the day he died had more cast. Yet they had the full teen set?

Colin Weston? That can't be what the baby name stays as, especially when it becomes a Dimera. I was surprised when Chad burst in.  I wasn't expecting anything like that until Friday considering how long they've drawn this out. Ben's so manic, he goes from we're all going away together in the morning to shooting to kill instantly. 

• Love 1

So Bo got a trash funeral just like Will and Paige.

It's appalling that no one had the decency to take Chase to the cemetery and offer him some support.  

KM should get some tips on how to cry from the baby playing Serial Killer Jr. 

LOL that a crazy person got the baby to stop crying while holding a gun before Abifail did.

I rolled my eyes when Chad busted in before Serial Killer could shoot that girl. If he insists on playing captain save a ho he should at least be smart enough to bring some Dimera goons with him. Does he not remember what happened the last time he confronted Serial Killer? So stupid. 

• Love 7

Ben to Abby: It interests me that you're already using our child to get what you want.

WOW. That was jaw-dropping AWESOME!!! Or, horrible, you know. I realize the fact that I laughed myself sick indicates that I am Not A Good Person. And I know that we are not supposed to agree with the rantings of the crazy killer, but what am I supposed to do when he's speaking the truth? Made of awesome.

I confess I deleted most of the past couple of weeks. I just had no interest in watching the trainwreck you guys so brilliantly deconstructed.

• Love 9

I think the young actress playing Claire is the most perfect casting Days has achieved in a long time. I find myself accidentally referring to her as Belle rather than Claire as she so resembles the original teen Belle. That being said though, when she was talking to Shawn today I felt like he was talking to Belle's younger sister, not his daughter. I'm just not buying them as parents to a teen when they weren't much older than teens when we last saw them. 

Incidentally, does anyone recall if they said what Shawn does in Maine or if that was another crucial detail they just blew over in their sloppy writing and in their hurry to write another death scene?  I have to admit Shawn leaving Claire behind in Salem felt like yet another father leaving his kids. The writers are really obsessed with this troupe lately.  I mean, does Shawn do something so important in Maine that he can't find another job here?  Belle only said they went to Maine to get away from the drama in Salem but clearly that didn't help keep their marriage monogamous so I'm confused why Shawn is so determined to return. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

I think the young actress playing Claire is the most perfect casting Days has achieved in a long time. I find myself accidentally referring to her as Belle rather than Claire as she so resembles the original teen Belle. That being said though, when she was talking to Shawn today I felt like he was talking to Belle's younger sister, not his daughter. I'm just not buying them as parents to a teen when they weren't much older than teens when we last saw them. 

Incidentally, does anyone recall if they said what Shawn does in Maine or if that was another crucial detail they just blew over in their sloppy writing and in their hurry to write another death scene?  I have to admit Shawn leaving Claire behind in Salem felt like yet another father leaving his kids. The writers are really obsessed with this troupe lately.  I mean, does Shawn do something so important in Maine that he can't find another job here?  Belle only said they went to Maine to get away from the drama in Salem but clearly that didn't help keep their marriage monogamous so I'm confused why Shawn is so determined to return. 

I think that the actress that plays Claire would have been perfect as Allie, sometimes people will resemble their aunt or uncle..Shawn does not look old enough to be her dad. He  has such a baby face.....That is a good thing....However the actress that plays Belle has always looked very mature, I am trying not to be mean and she looks like she is old enough to have a 15 year old child....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Bo gets weeks of dragged out torture, a quick family reunion, a sudden death, and a St Luke's speedy funeral. Is that how a hero is honored in Salem?

So Aiden got no funeral service and was buried (from the looks of the grave) immediately after death?

Colin Weston??? Like Colin Murphy....lol

Loved the "lying slutt" comment! Never thought I'd applaud a serial killer. I just had to on that one.

Hope is obsessed! She can't even support her family right now.

• Love 7

Good show! Bo's funeral was sad, of course, but honestly I must be getting used to them because it didn't really touch me the way it should have. Only Carolyn and Victor did -- Peggy KcKay keeps knocking this out of the park, and I'm so glad about it. One thing for Days, they do seem to respect their elder actors. Having made a sweeping statement like that, I haven't watched other soaps in years so....

Steve's bolo tie, though : ) ( I know they're dated, but I don't expect Steve to give a shit about that.)

Hope is reminding me of Dark Willow, with her black clothes and the way her face changed after putting the rose down. Grieving widow replaced by badass cop on a revenge trip. 

For the love of god, Chad, did you learn nothing from barging in on Ben the first time?? 

• Love 4

How long has it been since Aiden died? 48 hours at best? They're quick with headstones in Salem, that's for sure. 

I am so over the chintzy little afterthought funeral.  For someone who's been a character on the show (even when not actively on screen)for 30+ years, Bo deserved a much better send-off.

I don't know what the hell the writers are thinking.  /understatement

• Love 4

Dear show:

Bo's funeral was the perfect opportunity to show flashbacks. You could have scenes with all the characters, even those not there like Kimberly, Shane, Chelsea, Diug, Jule, etc. Thie funeral of a long-term, iconic character is where you make the decision to have the episode be about him.

• Love 14

Where were.....

Kim & Shane

Chelsea

Joey

Jennifer

JJ

Doug & Julie

Brady & Theresa

Just to name a few. Besides that Bo was a cop and an ex Marine. Shouldn't something special have been done to honor his years of service?

• Love 4

EJ humped Abifail and messed up his relationship with Sami. Serial Killer "fell in love" with Abifail and became a serial killer. Chad "fell in love" with Abifail and had his head bashed in by Serial Killer and is now about to be held captive. Cameron is the only one who was smart enough to get away from her and come out unscathed. Chad is an idiot. 

• Love 11

EJ humped Abifail and messed up his relationship with Sami. Serial Killer "fell in love" with Abifail and became a serial killer. Chad "fell in love" with Abifail and had his head bashed in by Serial Killer and is now about to be held captive. Cameron is the only one who was smart enough to get away from her and come out unscathed. Chad is an idiot.

She has a crused fly trap

• Love 2