Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

What in the hell did KM do to the hair and wardrobe dept? TPTB might love her to death but clearly someone else there hates her guts. Her hair today! That dress! My lord I don't know what was worse.  Surely Town Square has a maternity shop that sells something more flattering than that black and white striped sleeveless disaster that showed her bra. And half asleep without a shampoo I could muster a better updo. 

Now Hope's sexy number that Jen was brave enough to purchase...I kept wondering if it would be Aiden, Bo, or Rafe who finally gets to see her in it.  Aw, the problems of being Hope Williams Brady. 

He did twice with Bille and Carly. He always gets heroines, while Hope always gets psychos...

Well, I'm not sure Billie or Carly were any kind of prize, though I suppose they never put Bo's life in danger that I can recall. 

• Love 6

What in the hell did KM do to the hair and wardrobe dept? TPTB might love her to death but clearly someone else there hates her guts. Her hair today! That dress! My lord I don't know what was worse.  Surely Town Square has a maternity shop that sells something more flattering than that black and white striped sleeveless disaster that showed her bra. And half asleep without a shampoo I could muster a better updo. 

Now Hope's sexy number that Jen was brave enough to purchase...I kept wondering if it would be Aiden, Bo, or Rafe who finally gets to see her in it.  Aw, the problems of being Hope Williams Brady. 

Well, I'm not sure Billie or Carly were any kind of prize, though I suppose they never put Bo's life in danger that I can recall. 

I think both Bo/Carly and Bo/Billie were both couples that the show could have built something good for Bo, had Hope not returned from the dead...Bo and Carly version 1 were awesome..I loved their meeting at the cheating heart...The slow burn of their romance. The show respected Hope and her memory. It is not like what they  did to Wilson in favor of Paulson..I am still pissed, but I digress..I loved their banter and awesome chemistry....I loved her role as stepmother to Shawn-Douglas...I loved their little family..I loved their"marriage" on top of that pyramid in Mexico..So awesome. Their vows were so beautiful..It all went to hell with the arrival of Victor, Lawrence, Nicholas and Aunt Vivian in their lives..They were never the same ever again....They tried to recapture the relationship years later, after Hope had resurrected from the dead, but it was not the same..Carly was sacrificed for the orange doctor.....

• Love 5

I don't mind Bo and Hope, but I much preferred when Bo was with Billie or Carly, and Hope was with Patrick Lockhart.  I think Bo and Hope are that couple that keep chasing their youth.  They are still trying to create that feeling of Bo rescuing Hope at the altar and riding off together, and the first five years of their first marriage.

The reality is ever since Hope was kidnapped, they have never really been able to get back to that time.  Hope has never been that same naïve 18 year old and the events of her as "Gina/Princess Gina" and all the subsequent years dealing with that have made her a different person.  A better person IMO, but a different one than when she and Bo first got together.

Subsequently Bo has had to deal with the harsh reality that Hope isn't the only woman for him.  His relationships with Carly back in the day and a few years ago have really showed him an alternative to what he thought he wanted.  When it came to Billie, Bo really did find more of an "equal" than he did with anyone else.  As much as he always "picked" Hope in theory he has never really been able to shake the fact that he did have just as much of a loving marriage to Billie as he did to Hope.

• Love 10

Damn, Jennifer, shopping for sexy lingerie, hm? But what a bunch of lame party game suggestions.

Kayla, you couldn't find a skirt that hung lower than your hoohah?

Watching Hope's fake surprise was laugh out loud funny.

It's funny that the guys' party is so much more sedate than the women's. If they really wanted to have a wild party, Jennifer should have made more of those pot donuts.

Damn, Julie!

Has Abigail not washed her hair in six weeks?

• Love 4

I don't mind Bo and Hope, but I much preferred when Bo was with Billie or Carly, and Hope was with Patrick Lockhart.  I think Bo and Hope are that couple that keep chasing their youth.  They are still trying to create that feeling of Bo rescuing Hope at the altar and riding off together, and the first five years of their first marriage.

The reality is ever since Hope was kidnapped, they have never really been able to get back to that time.  Hope has never been that same naïve 18 year old and the events of her as "Gina/Princess Gina" and all the subsequent years dealing with that have made her a different person.  A better person IMO, but a different one than when she and Bo first got together.

Subsequently Bo has had to deal with the harsh reality that Hope isn't the only woman for him.  His relationships with Carly back in the day and a few years ago have really showed him an alternative to what he thought he wanted.  When it came to Billie, Bo really did find more of an "equal" than he did with anyone else.  As much as he always "picked" Hope in theory he has never really been able to shake the fact that he did have just as much of a loving marriage to Billie as he did to Hope.

I agree with your post..Post Hope, Carly was the best woman for Bo. I liked Billie too...Carly really brought light and happiness back in Bo's and Shawn-Douglas' life. 

• Love 2

Brilliant. This really sums up why Bo and Hope are no longer an it couple for me. I've seen them be truly happy and in love with others in an equally convincing way, so much so that their claims to be the other's one true love no longer rings true. Also, part of me, and it seems part of Hope, never truly looked at Bo the same way after he protected Chelsea in regards to her culpability in Zach's death. It's as if that moment served to crystallize to Hope that Bo's other family was just as, if not more important to him than their family, and it's understandable how that would serve to deaden her love for him.

For me even when John was with Isabella, who I loved him with and Marlena was with Roman, there was always something there that let you know that somehow, someway they would wind up back together again. When they say they are the loves of each other's lives, I believe it, and this comes from someone who watched Marlena and WN as original recipe Roman. I actually thought DH worked better because of his natural chemistry with Marlena, Abe, Carrie and all of the Brady's. I also loved his Orpheus conflict. I was always opposed to the de-Romaning of DH, always thought the reveal should have been that the one who looked like Roman actually wasn't, this would have been a total Stefano move.

Even with Steve and Kayla, when he had relationships with Billie (I hate how she was used as a wedge between S & K and then disposed of by the show, but at that point, I was through with the character, so maybe that was the point) and Ava, he had no memory of his life with Kayla and it was clear that there was no OTP love match with either. Hell, he dumped Ava while he was still Nick, and seemed to be with Billie more because she was the odd-man out in Salem and she accepted him as Nick (although her motivation for the acceptance was questionable and ultimately self-serving), so they still work as the couple who belong together and I totally see them getting back together and being that couple. I still want Kayla to make him suffer before they reconcile.

Jack and Jennifer were ruined by the Taniel prop, but the problem there was that Jennifer's character was destroyed in the process and the only way the Taniel pairing could be sold was with Jack off the canvass. This showed that even the showrunners knew that Jack and Jennifer as a couple still worked. I'd believe Jack coming back from the dead and he and Jennifer finding their way back together before I would believe another round of Bo and Hope. Even with him alive, sometimes when you move on you have moved on. So I could see a whist full sadness over what was lost, but not a return to the couple of before.

Heck, I'd even believe a returned from the dead Tony and Anna as a lovingly reunited couple before I'd see Bo and Hope in that light.

• Love 5

Brilliant. This really sums up why Bo and Hope are no longer an it couple for me. I've seen them be truly happy and in love with others in an equally convincing way, so much so that their claims to be the other's one true love no longer rings true. Also, part of me, and it seems part of Hope, never truly looked at Bo the same way after he protected Chelsea in regards to her culpability in Zach's death. It's as if that moment served to crystallize to Hope that Bo's other family was just as, if not more important to him than their family, and it's understandable how that would serve to deaden her love for him.

For me even when John was with Isabella, who I loved him with and Marlena was with Roman, there was always something there that let you know that somehow, someway they would wind up back together again. When they say they are the loves of each other's lives, I believe it, and this comes from someone who watched Marlena and WN as original recipe Roman. I actually thought DH worked better because of his natural chemistry with Marlena, Abe, Carrie and all of the Brady's. I also loved his Orpheus conflict. I was always opposed to the de-Romaning of DH, always thought the reveal should have been that the one who looked like Roman actually wasn't, this would have been a total Stefano move.

Even with Steve and Kayla, when he had relationships with Billie (I hate how she was used as a wedge between S & K and then disposed of by the show, but at that point, I was through with the character, so maybe that was the point) and Ava, he had no memory of his life with Kayla and it was clear that there was no OTP love match with either. Hell, he dumped Ava while he was still Nick, and seemed to be with Billie more because she was the odd-man out in Salem and she accepted him as Nick (although her motivation for the acceptance was questionable and ultimately self-serving), so they still work as the couple who belong together and I totally see them getting back together and being that couple. I still want Kayla to make him suffer before they reconcile.

Jack and Jennifer were ruined by the Taniel prop, but the problem there was that Jennifer's character was destroyed in the process and the only way the Taniel pairing could be sold was with Jack off the canvass. This showed that even the showrunners knew that Jack and Jennifer as a couple still worked. I'd believe Jack coming back from the dead and he and Jennifer finding their way back together before I would believe another round of Bo and Hope. Even with him alive, sometimes when you move on you have moved on. So I could see a whist full sadness over what was lost, but not a return to the couple of before.

Heck, I'd even believe a returned from the dead Tony and Anna as a lovingly reunited couple before I'd see Bo and Hope in that light.

Thanks for the shout out.  My wish is that when Bo and Hope are on screen that they can finally be honest with one another and get real closure to their marriage ending and agree to be friends before Bo takes off again.  I just hate that Aiden will have to be sacrificed to build up some fake reunion that we know will never happen.  I'm guessing that Hope will end up with Rafe when the dust settles and Bo is gone again, but I wouldn't mind seeing Patrick Lockhart come back as a rehabilitated man and rekindling his relationship with Hope.  He did no worse than half of the current residents in Salem.

• Love 7

Perfectly said....I love your post..I think the supercouple formula works against Bo and Hope....I think Zack's death and the aftermath changed their dynamic...Plus, Hope trying to kill Bo as nighttime Hope. Bo fucking Carly on their marital bed e.t.c ...A once beautiful love story got ruined by different writing regimes...

• Love 5

While I really hate what Show is doing to Aiden, I have to say that Daniel Cosgrove is doing a spectacular job with his storyline, to the extent that it's hard for me to watch.  I hate this turn, but he's making it impossible for me to turn away.

What was the point of the stripper thief?  Was there any?  The party was fun, to an extent.  The boys, less so, but not terrible.  What I didn't buy was that weak ass excuse Julie trotted out that Will would have wanted them to party.  Bullshit.  Somebody strangles me and my nearest and dearest have a party and dare to use me as an excuse for it, I'm going back from the Great Beyond and there will be a rash of unexplained nuclear wedgies.  And a swirlie or two.

Why on earth did Jenn ask that wildebeeste if she approved of her gift of sexy underwear?  Jenn needs approval from HER?  And besides, since the only underwear Abigail ever wears are the edible spicy cheetos brand, what the hell would she know?

Bo and Steve, back in town, STAT.  Enough time has been spent on this adventure which I don't find to be much of one.  

• Love 12

I don't mind the wedding being right after the funeral, it's not ideal but if I had everything set for my wedding and someone died I'd still have my wedding as long as someone didn't plan the funeral for the day of. You can't put your life on hold not when so many people are involved

• Love 2

I don't mind the wedding being right after the funeral, it's not ideal but if I had everything set for my wedding and someone died I'd still have my wedding as long as someone didn't plan the funeral for the day of. You can't put your life on hold not when so many people are involved

I was talking about the parties, not really the wedding. 

But as for a wedding so soon after something so horrible happening to somebody they all profess to love, sure, let the wedding go on.  But the marriage of two people isn't the same thing as all the hoopla that goes along with it.  Let Hope and Aiden get married, but tone it down from a gala event to what the real meaning is, which is two people pledging themselves to each other.  Do it quietly, can the parties, wait till the wounds are less raw and then have your party.  

The rest is all frosting, although it seems sometimes to be more important than the actual marriage sometimes.  

It seems juvenile to me, and one thing Hope isn't is juvenile.  

• Love 5

What I didn't buy was that weak ass excuse Julie trotted out that Will would have wanted them to party.  Bullshit.  Somebody strangles me and my nearest and dearest have a party and dare to use me as an excuse for it, I'm going back from the Great Beyond and there will be a rash of unexplained nuclear wedgies.  And a swirlie or two.

Will is dead and the writers still can't resist shitting on him.

• Love 6

Did anyone catch the goofy little laugh/snort from Kayla when she was telling Hope to leave and come back and act surprised? If I there was any doubt about my girl crush on MBE, that removed it. She's ridiculously adorable. I'm so glad she's getting real stories now. 

Hope's party was fun, but it could have used some of JJ's pot brownies. And Caroline, $100? Really? I get it. Old broads get horny, too, but I'm kinda creeped out at the reminder that Caroline was a regular at a male strip club.

Abigail's hair? I had a miserable pregnancy, and there were days I barely brushed my hair, even when going out in public. But, damn...I never looked that bad.

• Love 8

Awesome comments above, everyone. 

I full out loved the Bo and Carly romance way back -- it was a slow-burner and they were both so beautiful. I still think of them whenever I hear Bette Midler's "From a Distance" -- although I don't hear it all that often, lol. I was hoping they could recapture that when Carly came back, but yes, she was sacrificed for Dan, of all people. 

That shower was goofy fun and all the ladies seemed to enjoy the lightheartedness of it. Jennifer can be really funny -- I loved her Sue Heck-esque party games. Julie was entertaining, wasn't she? I had the feeling there was a lot of loosey-goosey in that scene, where they were able to ad lib a bit. And yes, Kayla's snort was ridiculous and so endearing. 

• Love 5

Will is dead and the writers still can't resist shitting on him.

Every show has a Will character that gets shitted on; One life to live had Kevin Buchanan, The Young & the restless has Jack and General Hospital had AJ Quartermaine..After what they did to Wilson, I am only watching the show for Steve and Kayla...I only watch when they are on...

• Love 1

I am only watching the show for Steve and Kayla...I only watch when they are on...

Me too. And wouldn't it be awesome to get an edited version of the show so we didn't have to sit through everyone else?  Although I'd settle for simply a Trollop-free edition. 

• Love 7

Bo and Steve, back in town, STAT.  Enough time has been spent on this adventure which I don't find to be much of one.  

Can't agree more--the more obstacles the show puts in their way, the more contrived and ridiculous it becomes.  Enough already.

And while I hate that Aiden is being destroyed, DC is playing the hell out of his conflict and angst.  He does love Hope but he also doesn't want to suffer at the hands of the DiMeras or for anything to happen to Chase.  I appreciate that the writers are giving him this indepth of a storyline.

Ben is a psycho, crazy pants killer but man, there is a part of me that is enjoying his making Abby squirm.  She seems to expect him to abide by her every whim and I like that he's giving her a bit of a hard time and forcing her to explain herself.  And I'm trying to think objectively about the reward money--I think Abby's only squeamish about it because Ben got it from beating Chad up.  I don't think it has anything to do with the murder victims.

• Love 9

MBE has a different body than the other female cast members. Most viewers would think she looks like a real life person. That said, she just doesn't look good in dresses. Obviously, they have a wardrobe person for the show but either she or wardrobe doesn't know how to dress her. She always looks old and frumpy. She's never going to be a skinny minney but they got to figure a way to make it work for her. I mean she's 54 not 64 or 74. Kristian Alfonso is 52 & Judy Evans 51 and they look fine. Granted, they have different bodies but wardrobe makes them look awesome.

• Love 4

Ben's anger when he grabbed Abby's arm was crazy intense. Robert Wilson was great.

Love Bo and Patch, "I'm not losing my shirt to you." "That's my shirt!" LOL They're so great together with their banter and Bo thanking him for being the only one to look for him and know that he wouldn't abandon his family like that. Bo should have issues with others like Roman for not looking for him. 

• Love 8

Every show has a Will character that gets shitted on; One life to live had Kevin Buchanan, The Young & the restless has Jack and General Hospital had AJ Quartermaine..After what they did to Wilson, I am only watching the show for Steve and Kayla...I only watch when they are on...

I disagree that Will is the same league as those characters.  Get back to me when Arianna decides Ben is her father. 

And when he was alive, he was constantly being patted on the head and told how awesome he was and his family railed around him always.  AJ and Kevin (I can't speak to Jack, I don't watch Y&R) wish they were treated that good.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

What I don't understand is why the writers insist on not letting certain characters move on from pairings, while at the same time trashing the couple beyond repair, AND trashing all their other pairings.  It's like they have a meeting in the writers room, and decide, "Hey, let's ruin every single popular couple, character, and storyline, and see how much we can piss off all the fanbases."

Aiden should have remained a good guy who really loves Hope, and who was actual competition for Bo.  Having Aiden be another psycho in Salem (cause they don't have enough of them already), doesn't change the fact that Bo is a lousy husband to Hope, CHOSE to go undercover for years, and not see Hope or Ciara.

• Love 12

I disagree that Will is the same league as those characters.  Get back to me when Arianna decides Ben is her father. 

And when he was alive, he was constantly being patted on the head and told how awesome he was and his family railed around him always.  AJ and Kevin (I can't speak to Jack, I don't watch Y&R) wish they were treated that good.

Arianna will probably be calling Paul daddy soon...When Paulson happens...That will be Dannifer all over again for me...

What I don't understand is why the writers insist on not letting certain characters move on from pairings, while at the same time trashing the couple beyond repair, AND trashing all their other pairings.  It's like they have a meeting in the writers room, and decide, "Hey, let's ruin every single popular couple, character, and storyline, and see how much we can piss off all the fanbases."

Aiden should have remained a good guy who really loves Hope, and who was actual competition for Bo.  Having Aiden be another psycho in Salem (cause they don't have enough of them already), doesn't change the fact that Bo is a lousy husband to Hope, CHOSE to go undercover for years, and not see Hope or Ciara.

To be fair to Bo, Hope has not always been the best wife to him either..She tried to burn him alive..Higley did a hatchet job on them....Billie and Carly had issues too, but there was always a maturity to them that was always lacking in Hope....I liked Bo in all of his pairings, but my favorite was his romance with Carly....

Edited by Apprentice79

I'd be all over Paulson but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. 

Show was pretty good today! I have to say, I am loving Steve and Bo together and I am a total sucker since I was 15 for any "Bo rescues Hope" story so I'm loving that as well.   I just hope Show isn't going to get the audience all comfy and nostalgic with the classic characters coming back and then yank them all away again.

• Love 1

I just hope Show isn't going to get the audience all comfy and nostalgic with the classic characters coming back and then yank them all away again.

That's exactly what's happening. None of this big ratings whore grabber casting returns are permanent. They're pretty much all temporary...which is a huge reason a lot of us are mad. Good characters and storylines were sacrificed at the altar of temporary ratings grab casting.

• Love 3
To be fair to Bo, Hope has not always been the best wife to him either..She tried to burn him alive..Higley did a hatchet job on them....Billie and Carly had issues too, but there was always a maturity to them that was always lacking in Hope....I liked Bo in all of his pairings, but my favorite was his romance with Carly.

But as so many people have pointed out, Bo got to move onto other pairings, where he was happy and in love while Hope gets the psychos.  Then the writers just want to conveniently forget that there were very good reasons for the couple breaking up (Bo covering up Chelsea killing Zach was an excellent reason for Hope to leave Bo, and never look back).  At that point, I think the writers's conversation goes something like this:

Writer One:  "Let's get so and so back together."

Writer Two:  "I thought Corday ordered them destroyed.  No more super couples, remember?"

Writer One:  "We've already exhausted our one other storyline.  We have to reunite them."

Writer Three:  "But so and so is married to so and so, and they have three children.  They've been in love for like two whole months.  That's forever in soap time anymore.  How can we possibly break them up?"

Writer One:  "We will figure out a way to blame it on Stefano."

I agree with everyone who has mentioned what a great job Daniel Cosgrove is doing with the character of Aiden.

• Love 9

The only reason why Abifail doesn't want Serial Killer to have that money is because he got it by putting her latest piece of Dimera dick in the hospital. 

What happened to the land in Ireland that some dumb lady left Abifail? Did that get dropped?

• Love 7

Oh wow - good catch Boes. I totally forgot about the "land in Ireland" plot...

Good characters and storylines were sacrificed at the altar of temporary ratings grab casting.

WELLLLL, I hesitate to agree that good storylines were sacrificed. This show almost never takes the interesting story angle or thinks about story potential (Eve, Eric, Nicole, John, etc, etc, etc have all been prevented from leading interesting lives, even though we can think up interesting plots for them).

But as for good characters being sacrificed, the only one that comes to mind is AIDEN. Other than him....Will? I know we all wanted to see Will redeemed in the future, but I really can't say he was a good character. I appreciated that he represented a minority and had serious history with the other characters. But Will wasn't all that interesting (at least to me) since I tuned back in for Kristin's first return.

I also thought Serena had potential, but everyone else hated her so...who else was really "sacrificed" in order to bring back the veterans for the anniversary?

Geez, they're playing Eve's porno music again.

Why would one of Abigail and Ben have to quit their jobs?

Ben is about to lose it all.

Why would Steve say that Kayla didn't trust Aiden?  She was hot for him from the very beginning.

Daniel Cosgrove was great today. I was expecting Aiden to confess all to Hope, though.

• Love 1

MBE has a different body than the other female cast members. Most viewers would think she looks like a real life person. That said, she just doesn't look good in dresses. Obviously, they have a wardrobe person for the show but either she or wardrobe doesn't know how to dress her. She always looks old and frumpy. She's never going to be a skinny minney but they got to figure a way to make it work for her. I mean she's 54 not 64 or 74. Kristian Alfonso is 52 & Judy Evans 51 and they look fine. Granted, they have different bodies but wardrobe makes them look awesome.

The dress this week had no waist and horizontal stripes, but in general I think MBE has been looking pretty awesome recently.  Her wardrobe has improved a lot since they put her back on contract.

Why would Steve say that Kayla didn't trust Aiden?  She was hot for him from the very beginning.

There was a period of time after that when she didn't like him.  Some woman connected to Aiden's dead wife passed on information that made her suspicious.  She apologized to Hope for that earlier this year after the whole story about his past blew over.

How Steve knows about any of this, when they can't seem to say a civil word to each other, is another question...

So, is Peter Reckell short term and Steven Nichols long term? If Reckell is short term why would they trash the Aiden chracter? Once Bo leaves Hope will need to have a love interest anyway. Seems kind of dumb but I'm not the executive producer of the show.

I was actually getting used to Reckell's full beard but then he went back to the goatee. I guess it's what he prefers. Hopefully, both Bo and Patch get back to Salen soon. All of this hoping on planes and different countries has been dragged out too long. I'm guessing by Monday everything & everyone will be front and center for the 50th Anniversary. I am curious how it's gonna be presented. Lots of flashbacks? Not enough? Who will be the narrator? Maggie? Doug & Julie? Marlena? Will Don come back after mailing that letter? Will Neil Curtis finally come out of the doctors lounge? Will Liz sing Friends & Lovers? Will Noel come back as a teen or older? It was so long ago that I forget when she was born. LOL!!!

• Love 2

Why would one of Abigail and Ben have to quit their jobs?

That was such a joke of a statement when Ben said that because I just kept thinking that Abigail never goes to work anyways. No one would miss her. Speaking of Trollop, I thought she once again came off as a spoiled princess today in regards to their money situation. I realize Ben is a killer and it's a cruel twist that he'd accept the reward money but she doesn't know that. She definitely came across as someone who never had to think or worry about money a day in her life. 

So, is Peter Reckell short term and Steven Nichols long term? If Reckell is short term why would they trash the Aiden chracter? Once Bo leaves Hope will need to have a love interest anyway. Seems kind of dumb but I'm not the executive producer of the show.

I was actually getting used to Reckell's full beard but then he went back to the goatee. I guess it's what he prefers. Hopefully, both Bo and Patch get back to Salen soon. All of this hoping on planes and different countries has been dragged out too long. I'm guessing by Monday everything & everyone will be front and center for the 50th Anniversary. I am curious how it's gonna be presented. Lots of flashbacks? Not enough? Who will be the narrator? Maggie? Doug & Julie? Marlena? Will Don come back after mailing that letter? Will Neil Curtis finally come out of the doctors lounge? Will Liz sing Friends & Lovers? Will Noel come back as a teen or older? It was so long ago that I forget when she was born. LOL!!!

I too have wondered about SN's contract. PR is temp.

Typically I'd expect lots of flashbacks and fond remembrances for their 50th, but sadly I don't think that's how it will play out. The mood of the show as of late has been doom and gloom. They are far more likely to kill off their beloved vets for the 50th blow out rather than than pay homage to the show's rich past.

Something like the 25th would have been more fitting: 

https://youtu.be/8UHG0mKBvNc

https://youtu.be/XLzJpSnf7bg

https://youtu.be/7GAV8NzJBzw

Nostalgic anyone?  It's almost like they are afraid to show the old footage because it's such a striking contrast to the current crap. 

Totally forgot all about Noelle Curtis. Now there's a family they've never brought back.

• Love 5

Wasn't Alex Kiriakis middle name Neil, after Neil Curtis..I don't expect the 50th to be an exceptional one..I think Ken Corday took too long to fire Tomsell and the new writers are rushing everything....Plus the show is very depressing.

I loved Caroline's delight in remembering her love for male strippers, and Kayla's discomfort.

Why they put Kayla in that oversized dress and cardigan I don't know.

Based on seeing MBE dress as herself, where she always looks lovely, pretty and youthful, in an age appropriate way, I say this is wardrobe and makeup. After all these are the same people giving interviews talking about how fabulous KM always looks on the show, so you know mental health is not with them. Think back to the dress she was wearing, and her hair on the day she went to see Adrienne when Sonny came home, she looked beautiful. If the show is making MBE look like a 90 year old frump, it's because they want her to look like a 90 year old frump.

There was a period of time after that when she didn't like him. Some woman connected to Aiden's dead wife passed on information that made her suspicious. She apologized to Hope for that earlier this year after the whole story about his past blew over.

How Steve knows about any of this, when they can't seem to say a civil word to each other, is another question...

I assume either Caroline or Joey told him.

Steve and Bo were the highlight of the show today.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 3

I couldn't help but laugh when Ben screamed "Oh my gawwwwwd, Abigail." It would have been even funnier if he was actually sane. Darn, why'd they have to make him a nutcase?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I think I liked it better when Abigail was snooty -- maybe the snootiness gave her a bit of an edge (an annoying edge, but an edge nonetheless?) Now it seems like the life has been sucked out of her, and I'm wondering why I have to see a whole storyline revolving around her corpse-like personality. 

• Love 3

At the party, when Carolyn said she'd take the lingerie if Hope didn't want it, Maggie gave that little girlish giggle of hers and said, "No more champagne!" LOL, I wondered if she was worried Carolyn would show it off for Victor?

I thought Hope's embarrassment at Julie and Carolyn (and at the stripper's dance moves) was really cute and realistic. Also loved the ladies' reactions to Jennifer's game suggestions. I often feel that way at showers, but it never is appropriate to show - just smile and participate. It shows how close they are as a group that they were able to react like that and Jenn took it in such good stride.

I agree with others who have said that Daniel Cosgrove is doing a fantastic job. His semi-coherent anger and frustration were tremendously well-acted. I feel like the way he's playing it, if Chase weren't in the mix, Aiden would probably commit suicide to get out of this fix. Hope is somewhat in denial to be confronted with him how he was acting and think that everything is going to be okay,

I have to admit - I was taken in by Bo's phone call. Edge of my seat and everything!

I go back and forth from thinking Ben's doing well acting-wise to kind of chuckling at some of the long.......meaningful.......pauses. But overall I do think he's handling the role pretty well. He is especially effective when emoting anger and doing violence. Now it sounds like he believes his dad is a bad guy? He spent so long saying how much Clyde had changed and atoned for his actions - I guess now he believes Clyde is guilty of whatever happened in Florida (which hasn't been specified, right?) and was a bad guy all along?

Edited by micat
  • Love 7

But as for good characters being sacrificed, the only one that comes to mind is AIDEN. Other than him....Will? I know we all wanted to see Will redeemed in the future, but I really can't say he was a good character. I appreciated that he represented a minority and had serious history with the other characters. But Will wasn't all that interesting (at least to me) since I tuned back in for Kristin's first return.

I also thought Serena had potential, but everyone else hated her so...who else was really "sacrificed" in order to bring back the veterans for the anniversary?

Aiden, Serena, Eve

But yes, Will. He should not have been killed. There was more story there. They've made this 50th depressing and gory and gross...just because they could. 

• Love 6

Now it sounds like he believes his dad is a bad guy? He spent so long saying how much Clyde had changed and atoned for his actions - I guess now he believes Clyde is guilty of whatever happened in Florida (which hasn't been specified, right?) and was a bad guy all along?

I'm not so sure that Ben believes Clyde is guilty of the Florida crime. More likely to me is that after he angrily manhandled Abigail, Ben sees himself in the way Clyde treated his mother and sister. Eh, but who knows, lol. 

• Love 6

I'm not so sure that Ben believes Clyde is guilty of the Florida crime. More likely to me is that after he angrily manhandled Abigail, Ben sees himself in the way Clyde treated his mother and sister. Eh, but who knows, lol. 

Ah! That makes sense. So, Ben might be thinking he got the abuser thing from Clyde. We know he thinks like that, since being a Dimera means Chad has inherited evilness.

• Love 2

Adding my voice to the Daniel Cosgrove is awesome chorus.  I love Aiden and Hope together and hate what TIIC are doing to him.  I'm also liking Eve and Justin together far more than Adrienne and Justin, but that's just another wasted opportunity, isn't it?

I'm enjoying Steve and Bo very much, though, and agree that Ben's slow meltdown is well done.  RSW was very good at the end yesterday when he said he hated himself.  What I regret is that this entire story revolves around Abigail.  I laughed out loud yesterday when comatose Chad imagined Abigail's big face looking on, like one of those bad 80s double exposure portraits.  Hideous.

The pillows on Hope's couch are really nice.  I especially like that light green one.  The set decorators are better at doing they're jobs than many of the hair and wardrobe people on this show. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6