Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think Andrew not being in Salem is odd, if the show is truly about celebrating the show..He should have come back and interacted with his family. Andrew was a part of alot of storylines in the 80's..He should have a prominent place on the show as a Brady...Bo was willing to become Victor's son, to get him away from Victor who had schemed to get him away from Kim..

I think it's long past time they cast adult Andrew. I would rather see them develop their 20 something crowd instead of SORASing the elementary school crowd to teens. This would make far more sense than bringing Belle and Shawn back w/a teenage Claire. Andrew was born the year before Shawn; he should be their age and in his late twenties.  I don't understand why the show neglects or limits this age range. Back in the 80's that was the core, popular characters--Kayla, Steve, Bo, Hope, Shane, Kim, Roman, etc. 

• Love 4

I think it's long past time they cast adult Andrew. I would rather see them develop their 20 something crowd instead of SORASing the elementary school crowd to teens. This would make far more sense than bringing Belle and Shawn back w/a teenage Claire. Andrew was born the year before Shawn; he should be their age and in his late twenties.  I don't understand why the show neglects or limits this age range. Back in the 80's that was the core, popular characters--Kayla, Steve, Bo, Hope, Shane, Kim, Roman, etc. 

Andrew Shawn Brady was born after Sami and Eric..He needs to be on the show..He should be in his thirties...Plus, I need him to give his take of his childhood with his parents..I am not too happy about Theresa's version of it.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

The Nick that came back from prison was not a nice person and he didn't learn a damn thing--he attempted to rape Gabi and when he came back from "the dead" he pulled the same intolerant homophobic crap that he did before he went to jail, thereby nullifying any previous apology.  Nick decided that Will, Ari's father, wasn't good enough to raise her because he was gay and he was just as hateful to Sonny. He truly thought that he was more qualified to raise Ari with Gabi because he was heterosexual and I can't get past his desire to destroy a little girl's happiness to muster up much sympathy for him and his death.

I understand your contempt for Nick..I guess I am a sucker for redemptive love stories that Days has always excelled at..I love Jack Devereaux warts and all..I hated him when he was an antagonistic interloper for Steve and Kayla...Jack was a villain in every way, to see him slowly transform into a man that Jennifer Rose Horton could love was extraordinary..Jennifer's unwavering love and faith in Jack was sublime and Jack's struggle to not succumb to his dark impulses and his self-loathing about his past evil acts...One of the best stories penned by the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

They made Nick so hateful that it was hard to feel bad when he died. Letting him have a good conversation with Julie hours before he died and coasting off of the 2006-2009 years when he was likeable was not enough to make the audience instantly forgive him. Some of us needed to see a real redemption story first. 

• Love 7

They made Nick so hateful that it was hard to feel bad when he died. Letting him have a good conversation with Julie hours before he died and coasting off of the 2006-2009 years when he was likeable was not enough to make the audience instantly forgive him. Some of us needed to see a real redemption story first. 

THIS!  The writers worked hard to have Jack redeem himself, gain forgiveness from Kayla and all of the other people he hurt and when he and Jenn fell madly in love, I cheered for them.  The writers didn't do the same favor for Nick and they could have because the actor could have done the storyline justice.

Back on topic?  It is rather awesome that we haven't had Dr. Tan on our screens but I do miss Nicole--I really want to see her, Kate and Theresa make a go of Basic Black and what I really want to see is Nicole get off her high horse and give Theresa a chance.  I still can't get over her gall at how she thinks she's so much better then Kate and Theresa--how did she arrive at this opinion?

• Love 4

Has Billy's Chad had any scenes with Gabby?

Unfortunately, no.  BF and CB would be smokin' together.

I think he only had one scene with MB/Melanie when she came back, but maybe that was because they knew she wasn't going to stick around. TPTB really need to cast more people in their 20s and then work to keep them around for awhile.

• Love 5

They were on their way to a redemption story for Nick, but suddenly shifted gears.Sonny and Will had even accepted Nick's apology while remaining rightfully wary of him.  It seemed to be headed in a good direction, but was suddenly dropped. Even before Nick pulled his next douchey move, Sonny did a 180 and was outright nasty to Nick in a few scenes. It made no sense, given the uneasy truce they'd called, it felt like some scenes were missing. Then Nick went off the rails again. Lather, rinse, repeat.... Stories are mishandled all of the time, but this one really bugged me for a long time.

I hate myself for it, but I liked Theresa and Brady yesterday. Prior to yesterday, the only time I could even tolerate Brady has been when he's in friend mode with Nicole. I need time to process this new development! 

Speaking of Brady and Nicole, I can understand Nicole's attitude towards Theresa if I look at it as her being protective of her friend. I wish she'd acknowledge that she's being irrational, though. Nicole's one of the few people in Salem who's had moments of self reflection, so that's not entirely unreasonable to expect.

• Love 8

May the fictional gods strike me dead but I'm kind of ready for Caroline's story to be done--either get better or not but this whole "everyone sits around talking about how strong she is" needs to end.  Also, I'm not too sure why Kayla's worried about Maggie's feelings--did her past with Mickey just disappear because she married Victor?  And I noticed Mags mentioned Bo, Hope and Ciara but there's no love for Shawn D or Claire?  WTF?

• Love 5

Can somebody explain to me like I am Brady, how JJ was able to foil Clyde and bring him down, but Stefano and Victor were unable to....This is too much for me....What have they done to Aiden? that is a crying shame..No wonder Daniel Cosgrove was upset, when he said that Aiden got thrown under the bus..He was not lying...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

The Brady and Friends PD couldn't have found a way to arrest Clyde without JJ being there? They could stayed hidden on the docks to make sure Clyde didn't do anything to JJ and then later on arrested him. Now Clyde knows JJ set him up so if he gets out on bail JJ will have a target on his back. And his goons are still out there willing to do his bidding so JJ is in danger even if Clyde doesn't get out. I'm pretty sure the cops are supposed to protect their undercover operatives and make sure they don't end up dead. 

I expected Steve to at least consider the possibility that the video of Bo dying was fake. 

• Love 7

OMG in the beginning Maggie sounded like she was reading from a pamphlet with that be positive nonsense she was spewing. Then tried to get all forceful with the doctor, girl go sit on a dildo. I wish she would just stop talking all together. I wish something would happen to her voice box so that it would have to be permanently removed.

I just started watching again and I want the Caroline story to be over. It makes it seem like she's telepathically connected to Bo or something.

Those villains/thugs around Bo make this look like some bad sci fi flick you would see on the SyFy channel and that bald one is a really bad actor giving a forced villain performance. Yawn.

JJ and the Raping Hick is another yawn. Hope that's over soon.

It's amazing how Mary Beth Evans has kept herself over the years, age agrees with her. She looks better now than she did back then.

• Love 3

I understand your contempt for Nick..I guess I am a sucker for redemptive love stories that Days has always excelled at..I love Jack Devereaux warts and all..I hated him when he was an antagonistic interloper for Steve and Kayla...Jack was a villain in every way, to see him slowly transform into a man that Jennifer Rose Horton could love was extraordinary..Jennifer's unwavering love and faith in Jack was sublime and Jack's struggle to not succumb to his dark impulses and his self-loathing about his past evil acts...One of the best stories penned by the show...

I absolutely agree. During Jack's dark days, I truly hated him. Especially after Kayla's rape. His redemption was written slowly and realistically. As with the characters of Salem, it took me a while to forgive him. With time, and the superb writing, I grew to love him. His relationship with Jennifer was a well written love story that we do not see anymore. Nothing would thrill me more than to see him return. If only......

As for Nick, I really wasn't into the character in his beginning. I disliked Chelsea quite a bit. The two of them did nothing for me. Fast forward to the Nick that was released from jail. For me, it was a "love to hate" thing. He was just so good at being bad. I didn't care for his homophobic tendencies but I loved him screwing with Kate and Sami. His relationship with Gabi was a experiment with absent mindedness (on Gabi's part). By the time she shot him, I was wishing it was her.

With the proper writing, Nick could have been redeemed. IMO it could have never been to the level of writing that was for Jack though.

• Love 4

So our resident "Boy Wonder" is the one responsible for bringing Clyde down. I may had been more into it if Stephano and Victor (2 career criminals) hadn't failed to do it first. On the other hand, I'm just glad that somebody did. His "I'm Untouchable" line made me want to throw something. Up until now.....he was right.

This storyline with Caroline is getting unsettling for me. Is she psychologically connected to Bo now?

When I look at Aiden, I just cannot feel anything anymore. All I see is a bus and a pothole in the road.

• Love 5

I am clearly not a fan of the Miracle Cure SL, and I find the newly found psychic link to Bo is preposterous. So her illness caused a link to Bo, what's next, she dons her cape, fully embraces her role as the Prisoner Whisperer and single-handledly carry Bo back to Salem on her back.

Oh yeah Victor, STFU. You are a murderer, kidnapper, sexual abuser, drug dealer and attempted murderer of your own son. There is nothing you can ever say or do without being vile. Speaking of which, why we're he and Maggie present when Kayla was speaking to her mother? Lack of bounderies much. Interesting that I was able to to.erate Victor in small does, but having people who should hate him acting like he is something other than what he is is not a good look.

Three days in a row of JT as fauxman. Is this some form of punishment for crimes committed in a past life. Dear show, Fauxman, Pennywise, Boob, Taniel, the Hee Haw Hoodlum, and Wonder JJ are all for material. Making them central to so much means I am back to ff. I only do so much ff before I walk away.

Ultimately, the problem I have with Days right now is its filming schedule. Shooting six months in advance means there is literally no way to quick correct disaterous stories or characters. Three plus months in and characters and stories that clearly didn't work (Clyde for example) are still being featured despite the fact that they are leaving the show. Other shows can write out problematic characters and stories in what literally seems like a few weeks, but with Days, things just drag on forever. This is why the show has difficulty building and maintaining momentum, they can't respond to viewers within a reasonable timeframe and it's hard to recover in an increasingly niche genre format once you start bleeding viewers.

• Love 5

Great post!   I can see Gabi and JJ, too.  And Gabi being Paige's unknown sister adds another element.  I bet JJ gets some pushback, though, considering Gabi did - rightfully so IMO, send Nick to the other side.

Eh, if the show remembers one of J.J.'s earliest scenes on the show, I doubt he'll mind.  He once told Will and Sonny that he never liked Nick and thought he was a creep, anyway, so I doubt he'd make a big fuss that Gabi killed him.  Actually, Julie's the only one I see doing that.

• Love 4

I am clearly not a fan of the Miracle Cure SL, and I find the newly found psychic link to Bo is preposterous. So her illness caused a link to Bo, what's next, she dons her cape, fully embraces her role as the Prisoner Whisperer and single-handledly carry Bo back to Salem on her back.

Oh yeah Victor, STFU. You are a murderer, kidnapper, sexual abuser, drug dealer and attempted murderer of your own son. There is nothing you can ever say or do without being vile. Speaking of which, why we're he and Maggie present when Kayla was speaking to her mother? Lack of bounderies much. Interesting that I was able to to.erate Victor in small does, but having people who should hate him acting like he is something other than what he is is not a good look.

Three days in a row of JT as fauxman. Is this some form of punishment for crimes committed in a past life. Dear show, Fauxman, Pennywise, Boob, Taniel, the Hee Haw Hoodlum, and Wonder JJ are all for material. Making them central to so much means I am back to ff. I only do so much ff before I walk away.

Ultimately, the problem I have with Days right now is its filming schedule. Shooting six months in advance means there is literally no way to quick correct disaterous stories or characters. Three plus months in and characters and stories that clearly didn't work (Clyde for example) are still being featured despite the fact that they are leaving the show. Other shows can write out problematic characters and stories in what literally seems like a few weeks, but with Days, things just drag on forever. This is why the show has difficulty building and maintaining momentum, they can't respond to viewers within a reasonable timeframe and it's hard to recover in an increasingly niche genre format once you start bleeding viewers.

You are so right..Especially with more darkness and mayhem coming...I am still in denial about what is to come...

I can't believe this show has been rebooted multiple times within the last five years but no one thought it might be a good idea to change the shooting schedule. Whatever money is saved by shooting six months in advance is probably negated by the number of viewers who stop watching (lost advertising dollars) because the writers can't fix / drop worthless stories in time. Plus the number of characters who get written out and the new characters that are brought on to replace them. Xander, Paige, Jordan, Serena, and

Eve

maybe could have been salvaged if it weren't for the shooting schedule. 

• Love 6

The only part I like about the miracle cure is the cure.  The psychic link to Bo makes no sense, and I am beyond tired of the Bo torture scenes.

Did you guys read the interview with Allison Sweeney who plays Sami, she is not happy about what is to come...She was very candid in her interview. I agreed with her...

Do you have the link?  I did a quick Google search and there's a million links about Sami/Alison, but nothing that stood out as a new interview.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
I also think that Theresa ended her friendship with Anne because Anne was all about drinking and partying and do you really see her content to hang out with Theresa if there isn't booze available?  If their friendship was toxic like that then Theresa was right to end it.

I can't disagree enough. If you have a friend who is fun and wants to get together to drink and party, then you only call them when you want to drink and get together and party. It's that simple. I think Ann would be adult enough to recognize that Theresa would have less time to spend with her given she's making up for lost time with Tate, and Theresa could be mature enough to realize Ann has been a good friend and can still be a part of her life in a more limited fashion. This "No - hanging with you is bringing me DOWN!" type twist is sad. Theresa hasn't had much - um, any? - support since coming to Salem. To throw Ann under the bus for having been there for her all this time is lousy.

See, if the writers had Ann goading Theresa into doing bad things or drinking too much or scheming against Brady (the way Theresa was constantly making Brady's life worse months ago), then it would be justified. But this feels sudden and crappy. Bad move Theresa. You're going to need a friend to chat with at some point.

I sorta liked Chad mimicking Andre, but it also felt a little mean-spirited. When a guy puts his hand on his hip to imitate another guy, it's pretty derogatory, even though I'm sure Billy didn't mean it that way. Unless they intend to have Chad question Andre's masculinity, I didn't see the point. But it was unexpected though.

Great seeing Clyde arrested but seriously JJ should be the next one to die. Clyde's look was enough to kill him right there!

Yay! Bo is free. So we're done with all the torture scenes? Please? They're super boring.

And I don't understand the timeline here. Bo has been missing for years now...yet we're supposed to believe he's been tortured about the secret for a formula for all those years? Seriously? Like...what kind of kidnappers have the patience for that? And it was the formula for the Caroline Cure? Um...who the heck would want that? I'm lost.

And Steve's a bozo. I'm sorry. He goes to all that trouble to find Bo, but then sees some footage of him dead and packs it up and returns to Salem within the same episode? Dude - investigate fully! Check out some secret rooms! Something! I hope Bo slaps him upside the head when he gets back. These investigation/detective stories were written better in the past.

Gabi is really weirding me out. The actress is...fine, I guess, but her perky "Yup, I was in jail for murder and now I'm passing along a note for a fellow inmate - how are you? Great!" act makes me long for Melanie again. Now Melanie acts like someone whose been through the traumas of prison life. Her twitchiness makes sense...but Gaby acts like she got a speeding ticket.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

The sap was running today and I was lapping up every bit.  I'm good with the cure, and I'm even better with the Kayla, Hope, Caroline scenes, the Victor scenes, and although I say this very cautiously, even the Kayla/Maggie scenes at the park weren't bad.    The cure story doesn't bother me - Days has been far more outlandish.  And since it gave me more Caroline time, I'm all for it.  

I'm still not a bit invested in the Bo storyline, or Steve's part in it, and I'm not sure why.   The torture porn got old fast, and after Steve making such a big deal about how everybody forgot Bo, he sees a video, but not a body, and he's already home??  Steve doesn't believe the weather report, so why he's so quick to buy the tape he saw?

Funny about Bo, though. I always liked him.  But I can't muster up much excitement about his return.  Maybe I'm just not that into him any more.

The rest of today felt like filler to me.  The JJ/Klyde scenes felt endless, and JJ now being a low talker, I had trouble hearing him.  I'm not quite clear what he said that made it okay for Roman to arrest him now and not before.  I guess we'll find out.  

If anything else happened today, I've forgotten already.

I'm less than thrilled about Gabi's return, mainly because of the actress.  She had a crap character to play the last time around, dumb as a post and almost as mean, so she didn't have a lot to work with.  This time she seems better, but time will tell.  I don't give a rats ass that she killed Nick - too bad she didn't do it sooner - so that's not a problem for me.  Maybe Camille Banus has gotten better.....

• Love 5

I wish some of these characters would take a breather from dating, learn to find one self, etc.

In a normal world, once abby finds out she's marrying a serial killer...she would be hesitant to date..or should be. Hope especially should be locking that heart..and so should teresa. Just saying.

At least Kayla hasnt jumped into patch's arms yet...so that's refreshing :)

Is Gabi back short term or long term?

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/10/putting-the-lock-back-on-the-heart/

• Love 5

I must be more complacent than many of you : )

The scene with Bo freeing himself was great! I loved when he scooped up the paddles and shocked his attacker, then said with all the pent-up anger of being held captive for months (years?), "Come at me, you sonofabitch!" I didn't love his "I'm going HOME" as he ran out the door as much, but I'm sure as hell glad he's on his way back and presumably out of immediate danger. 

Victor's jet must be supersonic to get Patch from Denmark to the Yucatan and then back to Salem in the time it takes others to walk across the park or have a cup of coffee. But like I said, I'll give the show these little things if it entertains me and it absolutely has been entertaining since the new regime took over. And Patch's reaction to watching that film filled my eyes a bit. I'm confused about the timeline of Bo's return to Salem, though, as I didn't think it would be this soon. Maybe I just assumed he'd dash into Hope/Adien's wedding all tattered and torn after his ordeal? It can't take him weeks to get back -- I don't need scenes of him stowing away in a pet crate on an airplane, or trekking through the desert to find help. I want him cleaned up and back to Caroline and Hope pronto. 

• Love 3

I can't disagree enough. If you have a friend who is fun and wants to get together to drink and party, then you only call them when you want to drink and get together and party. It's that simple. I think Ann would be adult enough to recognize that Theresa would have less time to spend with her given she's making up for lost time with Tate, and Theresa could be mature enough to realize Ann has been a good friend and can still be a part of her life in a more limited fashion. This "No - hanging with you is bringing me DOWN!" type twist is sad. Theresa hasn't had much - um, any? - support since coming to Salem. To throw Ann under the bus for having been there for her all this time is lousy.

See, if the writers had Ann goading Theresa into doing bad things or drinking too much or scheming against Brady (the way Theresa was constantly making Brady's life worse months ago), then it would be justified. But this feels sudden and crappy. Bad move Theresa. You're going to need a friend to chat with at some point.

And I don't understand the timeline here. Bo has been missing for years now...yet we're supposed to believe he's been tortured about the secret for a formula for all those years? Seriously? Like...what kind of kidnappers have the patience for that? And it was the formula for the Caroline Cure? Um...who the heck would want that? I'm lost.

It's not even like Ann is an alcoholic. I'm sure she's capable of hanging out with Theresa (and Tate) without drinking. And just because Theresa is a parent doesn't mean she isn't ever allowed to go out drinking with a friend every once in awhile. 

I don't understand how Steve was able to come back to Salem from Mexico (?) in just a few hours but Bo is still out there somewhere. Bo should've been able to get to a phone and call someone. And are we to believe Steve killed the guards that were supposed to be guarding him?

• Love 2

Theresa's whole point to Anne was that she needed someone to knock some sense into her, and Anne was more worried about how much sense her plans made. Now, Theresa's a grown woman, and it's not Anne's job or responsibility to mother or mentor Theresa, but I think Theresa's right to recognize that she needs some kind of stabilizing influence in her life, and Anne just plain isn't it. Remember when she got a promotion and couldn't even wait till she left the hospital to celebrate and get drunk? And thought it'd be hilarious to spike the drink of a recovering alcoholic not even thirty days into his sobriety?

Now I think there's a lot more going on here-Theresa's clearly trying to get in everyone's good graces, and hanging out with Anne, who's hated by the entire hospital staff, isn't going to do that. So yeah, it's not entirely altruistic on her part. But it doesn't make her wrong, either.  

Edited by bnichol
  • Love 2

I forgot to comment on how fabulous James Read was yesterday -- he can play creepy and dangerous, that's for sure. I ran into him (almost physically, lol) at LAX last spring and he was looking quite serious then, too. And very, very tall. Come to think of it, that sighting was probably right around the time they filmed these scenes. But back to the plot -- from my perspective, it sounded like JJ was leading the witness quite a bit, so I wonder how that will hold up in court, along with the whole recording a conversation without both parties' consent which I believe is still a thing. And I'd be f'ing scared for my life even more now that I turned him in, if I were JJ. 

• Love 2

LOL at Will telling Abigail she committed a crime. Who is Will to lecture anyone else on committing a crime? 

Ben calling JJ names and trying to fight him, using Jack against him. Ben's showing his real colors again and not really being good future family member. 

Chad's - "You found me." LOL Chad's in plain sight sitting in the library of his own house. Great hiding spot, when anyone could waltz right in. 

If Andre's been watching Clyde since he came to town shouldn't they know he killed EJ and swapped the DNA and has the house bugged? And of the bug if Chad's chatting it up in there, shouldn't Clyde know where Chad is?

• Love 1

There's a different vibe to this show that I don't like. It's got this dark and gloomy feel to it and part of it can be the lighting of the sets. It's like the lights are barely working in Salem. Everyone is walking around bitching and moaning, but it really shouldn't surprise me because this is JG's preferred method of writing. I hold soaps differently to other things that I watch. When I tune in to watch Gotham, & The Walking Dead, I'm expecting those shows to be dark because the origins of those shows are dark, as we know comics of those two shows are dark. When I watch soaps I expect dark & gloomy, fun, camp, & exaggeration on real life and it's suppose to be well balanced out, but if I get too much of one of those things I tend to tune out. This week has been really gloomy. 

Where the hell is Kate? I haven't seen her all week so far. I need her sass and snark.

Why does the Raping Hick's lawyer have a silhouette that resembles Marlena?? I almost thought Marlena was his lawyer.

I had the Twit on mute but why the fuck does she keep going over to see Chad? Did Chad have a hangnail? Stub his toe? Needs help aiming when he takes a piss? (Pretty sure she would love it if he had that problem). 

Oh Will doesn't look good for you. I think Will is getting a glimpse of what Sonny went through when Sonny tried contacting him while he was away in Hollywood.

• Love 3

I love the bickering between Andre and Chad.   And it looks like the actors are loving it too, if you go by the comical pictures Thaao is posting on his Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ThaaoPenghlis

And, yet again, Abigail didn't bug me in most of her scenes again.  In fact, I enjoyed watching her and Ben go back and forth.  It is almost like knowing he has to up his acting game, she is too.  Or maybe it's just my imagination!

• Love 1

Why is Roman treating JJ like a son all of a sudden?  Caressing his face?  Really?

Has Abigail picked a maid of honor? Does she have any friends?  Will Theresa get the honor? I hate to say it, but the Abigail/Chad scene was pretty hot today.

Shut it, Ben.

I like Clyde's lawyer, she's a badass.

I really hated Will's phone call today, knowing what's going to happen tomorrow. Why couldn't he have had this revelation weeks ago?

I loved Chad's "How long have you been here?"

• Love 2

I love the bickering between Andre and Chad.   And it looks like the actors are loving it too, if you go by the comical pictures Thaao is posting on his Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ThaaoPenghlis

And, yet again, Abigail didn't bug me in most of her scenes again.  In fact, I enjoyed watching her and Ben go back and forth.  It is almost like knowing he has to up his acting game, she is too.  Or maybe it's just my imagination!

I don't think it's that KM has improved but that the writing has--when was the last time some random person talked about how amazing Abby is or someone told her she was beautiful?  Abby is now being treated like the ordinary person she is and it's refreshing and makes her more watchable.  At least too me :)

And yes the Chad/Andre scenes are fabulous and I love that the actors are getting along so well.

• Love 5

Do people really think they can throw something like that tie in that little bitty trash bin and that's enough to get rid of it?  He needs to be busted based on that stupidity.

So, poor "Will" having that awful cold - right now.  (Sorry, can't remember the name of the actor) - 

I agree with the above poster who said this show is just too dark - for me too.  I can't believe they have so irresponsibly they have handled JJ's involvement.  They have been so incredibly lax about the whole situation.  They could have been more discreet to protect him - 

• Love 2

I don't think it's that KM has improved but that the writing has--when was the last time some random person talked about how amazing Abby is or someone told her she was beautiful?  Abby is now being treated like the ordinary person she is and it's refreshing and makes her more watchable.  At least too me :)

Ditto, kitmerlot -- I think everyone has improved. Maybe the better writing plus better vibes among everyone involved is doing the trick for now. 

JJ was awesome aching to punch Ben's lights out, but I am biased when it comes to him. Roman still confounds me, though -- did I hear him say, "JJ, why didn't you call me?" He did! Maybe I'm missing a sublety. 

I had a funny thought that Clyde's lawyer was Marlena's stunt double in the necktie scenes -- the likeness is striking, isn't it? It was great seeing Clyde try to maintain his smugness -- I'm enjoying his comeuppance. 

• Love 3

Did you guys read the interview with Allison Sweeney who plays Sami, she is not happy about what is to come...She was very candid in her interview. I agreed with her...

Haven't seen the article. Do you have a link?  So should we assume she did not know what the plot/script would be when she signed on to come back for the 50th? How does that work when actors only come back temporarily? Do they know what's in store for their character? 

Do people really think they can throw something like that tie in that little bitty trash bin and that's enough to get rid of it?  He needs to be busted based on that stupidity.

He wasn't trying to get rid of it, he was hiding it because Abigail was coming into the room.