Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I loved Brandon & Sami almost as much as I loved Lucas & Sami.

KDP was awesome as usual - loved the scenes with Eve & Theresa.

Theresa, Nicole & Kate were fun too & the kiss between Theresa & Brady was the first time that I could actually see chemistry & could possibly see them together.

Hate that they can't find a woman for Lucas - he deserves so much better than being a sounding board for everyone.

Let's hope when Steve gets back from finding Bo that we finally get some scenes between Steve & Adrienne (still can't believe we haven't had one yet)

• Love 5

I have always enjoyed Lucas and Will's relationship.  Loved the scene of them eating breakfast together talking about their love lives or lack of.

Marlena's and Eric scene was interesting to me as well. 

Felt there was hints in their conversation about Eric's well being. Not sure I missed something but wanted them to talk more.  Eric said something like "are you talking to me as a mom or a physiatrist"   For a time I really thought he was the killer.  That scene made me see why some fans did not want him to be.

• Love 4

Maybe I'm a party of one, but I always thought that Lucas and Adrienne pursuing a romantic relationship knowing full well their children were involved/engaged/married was bizarre.

That's also how I felt about Will and Gabi when they were dating while Gabi's brother was married to Will's mom.  Like, that's weird.

• Love 3

I agree about Lucas and Adrienne. I could turn a blind eye to Will/Gabi because Rafe was not there for  Will's childhood. It is not like Will was dating Nicole who is Brandon's sister. Brandon was almost Will's stepfather...I always hated Brady and Kristen together. She used to change his diapers..That was so gross to see them in a romantic relationship...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I agree about Lucas and Adrienne. I could turn a blind eye to Will/Gabi because Rafe was not there for  Will's childhood. It is not like Will was dating Nicole who was Brandon's sister. Brandon was almost Will's stepfather...

...Rafe WAS Will's stepfather!  And didn't he and Gabi start dating after Rafe and Sami got together?

No thanks! The show fucked up the only same sex relationship on the show, they don't need to tackle interracial relationships..Lani will probably be for Rafe, if Rope is not accepted by the fans....

I thought WilSon was a pretty good story, at least up until the end. 

But Days has been showing interracial relationships for a while now; particularly considering that one of the current families on canvas is Latino. Very few characters on the show have NOT been in an interracial relationship, and there are several mixed race characters on the show. I don't know if I'd say that they're doing particularly good on issues of race, but I suppose they're not technically ignoring it.

• Love 3

We're two minutes into the show, Hope is telling Maggie how she wants Aiden to feel a part of Salem...and I hate the show for not letting them be HAPPY together.

...also I can't understand a word TP is saying. Diction man!

• Love 3

Actually, Abigail's former boyfriend, whom Chad was competing with, was black. I can't remember his name. (Goes to show you, though, lol.)

They did not really commit to it..Cameron should have been a Dimera. A missed opportunity and the recast was gorgeous. I can only imagine what we would be saying about Abigail, if he was Chad's brother...lol.. The show has been pretty good in casting Beautiful Black men. We have had Tek, Brandon, and recast Cameron....Those 3 come to mind, there could have been more...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

This probably belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread but since it deals with today’s episode I’ll leave it here.

I find Aiden far more interesting as a bad guy. I liked the twist of Andre paying off his debts and now owning him.  TP back on screen feels like a breath of fresh air.  I really don’t feel any chemistry between Hope and Aiden; they kinda bore me.  I do think that Hope and Rafe have potential. I thought that long before it was announced the story was headed that way. (Like before Aiden even came on screen). They make sense to me and have more potential for storylines being cops/partners.  Now I don’t like when writers prop certain characters and I know that GG is rumored to be her pet, but I can’t complain about her making Rafe wiser. A lot of the characters on this show could use that. Nothing wrong with the scarecrow going to the great Oz for a brain.

Like Chad. He could use a good trip to Oz.  Am I the only one that sees the homeless guy being completely discredited on the stand by Justin when he admits he accepted money from the defendant to come forward with an alibi?   

Maybe I'm a party of one, but I always thought that Lucas and Adrienne pursuing a romantic relationship knowing full well their children were involved/engaged/married was bizarre.

That's also how I felt about Will and Gabi when they were dating while Gabi's brother was married to Will's mom.  Like, that's weird.

Ironically, step-families are all the rage in contemporary romance novels currently so I'm surprised Days isn't embracing it to the hilt and exploiting it for all it's worth. They can't come up with much original material these days so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they followed another trend. Then again with the "sis" and "bro" comments between Chase and Ciera, who knows what they'll do with them once they age them.

Speaking of SORASing Ciera, I'm sorely disappointed. I like the current actress and it's so odd that we are seeing them on screen now in their school uniforms playing Monopoly and in 2-3 weeks they'll be able to drive a car. SORAS is bad enough but I can over look it a little more if the character has been off screen for years before. 

• Love 3

I guess I'm glad Aiden isn't a moustache-twirling villain. Just a guy in debt. So far...maybe he won't be 100% discredited by the time he leaves the show. That's my hope, for Hope!

Rafe is blaaaaaaaaand. And as a cop will always be too similar to Bo to really stand apart.

• Love 2

...also I can't understand a word TP is saying. Diction man!

I thought it was my TV.  Or my ears. I ended up turining on the closed captioning so I could understand what he was saying! 

Love having him back though.  He is going to make a great Dimera villian.

• Love 4

By the end of today's show, I wanted to forget that Aiden works for the Dimeras. I may be wrong, but I think that Aiden really cares about Ciara......and Hope. He just made a bad choice (actually a few) by getting involved in gambling and more so with the Dimeras.

I do not think that Marlena is 100% sure about Chad's guilt. Rafe hasn't been either. Maybe the two of them will end up clearing Chad.

Rafe made a good point about the new cop having a fresh prospective on the case. When she said that the crime scenes looked staged, I was saying "YES!"

Carolyn was heartbreaking today. I hope that Victor's guy comes through with a cure.

Chad had a good idea about finding the guy that he fought with. Paying him to go to the police station was NOT a good idea though.

Not feeling the Haiden wedding so the wedding planning scenes were FF material to me. We all know how it's gonna end :(

• Love 7

I do not think that Marlena is 100% sure about Chad's guilt. Rafe hasn't been either. Maybe the two of them will end up clearing Chad.

She and Rafe will crack this, I think...or at least the part where it isn't Chad.

• Love 2

Aw, Caroline.  :'( I hope Peggy McKay gets an Emmy nomination for these scenes.

$100,000 is only a down payment?  How the hell much does Aiden owe?

I wonder when Chad comes back to the DiMera house, if he will think that Stefano has brought Andre in to replace him?

69s costumes for the bicentennial makes sense since the show started in the 60s.

Aw, Ciara and Chase calling each other "bro" and "sis" was so sweet.

Yeah, Chad, I'm sure the police will be really happy to accept at face value the word of a guy you paid to go down there

• Love 2

I wonder if somehow they will marginally redeem Aiden by having him 

save someone, maybe Hope, from the killer but winds up being killed while being heroic. I really would prefer they do something to how how much he does care for Hope, her child and, of course, his own. Speaking of which, where will his son wind up?

• Love 3

Oh goodness. Recast Cameron was HOT HOT HOT.

Did you see him on this past season of Devious Maids? Yowza. And he was actually quite good acting-wise, too.

Yeah, Chad, I'm sure the police will be really happy to accept at face value the word of a guy you paid to go down there

LOL. Well, in Salem it probably makes perfect sense!

I'm hoping that Chad gets arrested and thrown in jail for a while so he can get de-loused. All I could think about when he was trying on Jack's old clothes is how many bugs had to be there since they hadn't been worn/washed in years. He should start itching any second now!

• Love 2

I don't like it that Kayla is not more antagonistic with Victor given her history with him..The show should have brought back Kim, not only for Paige's funeral, but also to go toe to toe with Victor..There is now way in hell that Kim would ever allow Victor to ever have input in Caroline's treatment. I am not too happy with Caroline's illness getting a miracle cure..I know that it is a soap and it is to be expected..However, it does a disservice to people who are dealing with this kind of illness in real life. 

• Love 3

I don't like it that Kayla is not more antagonistic with Victor given her history with him..The show should have brought back Kim, not only for Paige's funeral, but also to go toe to toe with Victor..There is now way in hell that Kim would ever allow Victor to ever have input in Caroline's treatment. I am not too happy with Caroline's illness getting a miracle cure..I know that it is a soap and it is to be expected..However, it does a disservice to people who are dealing with this kind of illness in real life.

I couldn't agree more. Every time I see Victor in proximity to Kayla, all I can think is why doesn't she have a lifetime restraining order against him. I mean when Victor told Kayla she was a good daughter who is the best at caring for her mother, all I could think was, "Had your hate filled efforts to kill Kayla succeeded, who would be caring for Caroline now."

It also reminds me that Caroline has long been a problematic character. She is supposedly all about her family, yet she never seems particularly bothered by or concerned over the horrible things Victor did to Kayla and Kimberly. Shawn always took the hit for playing favorites, but Caroline was truly no better.

Miracle cures suck. People get Alzheimer's and dementia and forget who their family members are. It is painful and heartbreaking (as we saw in Kayla's reaction), but if the show introduces the issue, it shouldn't then cop-out with the miracle cure.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8

I hated it when everyone in town worshipped at the feet of Daniel Jonas, but that was nothing compared to the Adoration of Rafe. Are we ever again going to have an episode that doesn't have Galen Gering in it?  I can't stand the character of Rafe. Can Ben please kill him next? Several times?

I love Hope and Aiden and hate this character assassination of Aiden. I still believe he truly loves Hope.

I'm still hoping there's a way for Daniel Cosgrove to return and Hope and Aiden to be a longterm couple. They can be Doug and Julie 2.0. Doug was hired to break up Julie's marriage but they fell in love.

God I can't stand the thought of Hope being destroyed by being with Rafe. Put him with the new girl and I can fast forward all their scenes.

Not thrilled about Andre's return. And all of a sudden he's Stefano's son. Maybe it's because of all the times Tony allegedly returned and then new writers would say "no that was really Andre all along."

Love Chase and Ciara calling each other sis and bro. If Days is smart they'll keep them close after they are older.

Love having Andre back (even if it's hilarious that he's now Stefano's son instead of nephew) - am looking forward to seeing Andre & Chad together.

I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Rafe (definitely rather have him on my screen than Dr. Tan) & while I do enjoy Aiden & Hope - I would be okay with a Rafe/Hope hookup (always wondered why they didn't try that before?)    I loved the scenes with Aiden & the kids - Ciara & Chase are just adorable together

I do hope that Marlena & Rafe are the ones to help prove Chad's innocent - I do like that Rafe still has doubts about Chad being the killer.

Poor Caroline & poor Kayla - those scenes were heart wrenching

• Love 4

It also reminds me that Caroline has long been a problematic character. She is supposedly all about her family, yet she never seems particularly bothered by or concerned over the horrible things Victor did to Kayla and Kimberly. Shawn always took the hit for playing favorites, but Caroline was truly no better.

I've always disliked Caroline. There's something intangible about her that just rubs me the wrong way, but this comment  gets to the heart of it.

Chad's get up was killing me yesterday, still on the "hate what they've done to Aiden" train, and yet I'm actually enjoying the show. That's a weird feeling.

• Love 3

That was a sweet monopoly scene with Aiden and the kids yesterday. He's in trouble deep, though. 

I liked Andre's mod jacket. But as a poster said upthread, I find it hard to understand what he's saying -- he sounds like Robert Carlyle's Rumplestilskin to me. But I'll go with it!

Caroline was heartbreaking. My Dad had Alzheimer's and thank god he never forgot who I was. I'm one of seven and sometimes I think he may have made a good guess, but I was local to his nursing home and visited frequently, so that may have helped him remember. This storyline will be a tough one. 

• Love 6

Aw, Caroline.  :'( I hope Peggy McKay gets an Emmy nomination for these scenes.

I do too.  When she's on screen, I keep thinking how wonderful it must be for her to be getting to act in such a prominent storyline at her age. :)

I am not too happy with Caroline's illness getting a miracle cure..I know that it is a soap and it is to be expected..However, it does a disservice to people who are dealing with this kind of illness in real life. 

Since my Dad ended up with Alzheimers before he died, I have experience living with someone with dementia and confusion.  It is really hard to watch someone you love change into a different person.  Perhaps the original writers hadn't thought through the end of the dementia storyline, but having lived it with my Dad, I don't think I could watch Caroline go through the same thing.  Though it's unlikely they would even bother to show her once she was deemed ill enough to need long-term care in nursing home. Therefore, Peggy MacKay would have been out of a job. So for that reason, I say bring on the miracle cure.

Miracle cures suck. People get Alzheimer's and dementia and forget who their family members are. It is painful and heartbreaking (as we saw in Kayla's reaction), but if the show introduces the issue, it shouldn't then cop-out with the miracle cure.

Most of the time Dad knew who we were, but there were a couple times that we weren't sure. But there were many, many other times when he was really confused, and it was painful and heart-breaking, and a bit scary to think it could happen to any of us.  I could probably watch a 2 hour movie about a family dealing with a parent with Alzheimers, but an ongoing storyline on a daily soap opera, would be too much to handle.  So again, I'm glad they are writing in the miracle cure.

• Love 6

I hear you buffynut. Our family is currently going through A. With my mother. I found those scenes,especially with Kayla, to be rather painful. Give me that miracle cure too. I don't care how hokey it is.

ETA: part of the draw for me as a new viewer is the older characters. The multi-generations are a joy to watch.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 7

Love Chase and Ciara calling each other sis and bro. If Days is smart they'll keep them close after they are older.

They'll probably have to stay "close" less the show embrace inbreeding. Too many of the legacy kids are all related to each other. When this next batch is SORASed it's going to be slim pickings in the mate department unless they bring in some other teens. Poor Joey has Ciara and Claire to hang out with but he's related to both so he can't date them. 

Did you see him on this past season of Devious Maids? Yowza. And he was actually quite good acting-wise, too.

Nope. Don't watch that. But thanks for the heads up.

WRT Caroline: I don't want a miracle cure, either. That's dumb as hell. Play this out realistically. THAT could have been

the dramatic death that brings everyone back to Salem.

There have been some wonderful moments these last couple of episodes--I was especially affected by Caroline's saying her family needed her and she specifically mentions both Will and Theresa but then she can't quite remember Kayla's name.  MBE's heartbreak  at hearing that was eloquently played.

KdP has been hitting it out of the park in all of her scenes--her grief is just bone deep and raw and all of her costars have been reacting to her pain with equal intensity.  I was especially impressed with MR's Jenn and I admire her for reaching out yet again to try and comfort Eve but Eve is not ready yet to accept it.

Credit to the new writers but I actually liked Abby today--I liked her wanting her own wedding dress without any prior history to it and I like that she wants to give Theresa an opportunity to design it.  I also liked Theresa's working so hard to change, to be a responsible adult and to also give Abby a chance to have a lovely wedding dress.  And lastly their conversation about Abby's pregnancy felt real, and gave Abby another chance to show some compassion which she did.  On all around good scene.

The Dimera's are cracking me up, especially Chad's reaction to Andre--comic gold :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Poor Anne, I feel bad for her..She was right about the people at the Kiriakis mansion not giving a damn about Theresa. I hate that she is dumping her only friend to please Brady. Why doesn't she try to connect with the Brady family, who happen to be her family.. She and Will could have connected since they are cousins,  both are on the outs with Kiriakis men and have small children...

I can't believe that Ben was comforting Eve...He is truly a psychopath..What is so sick about that, I remember a sweet scene between Ben and Eve a while ago....The show is truly ratcheting up the devastation and betrayal that the town will feel, when Ben is revealed to be the serial killer..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I might seriously start fan girling over Andre. He was spot on today. I was thinking how stupid Chad was behaving and then Andre totally called him out on it.  The new kids in town (Andre and Steve) are noticeably smarter than everyone else in town. If the writers were smarter, there’d be something to that.

Honestly if it weren’t for Andre and Steve, I’m not sure I’d bother tuning in. I just can’t anymore with this ridiculous Abigail propping.  The bridal shops let the girl take dresses home to try on? And Teresa is good enough to make her wedding dress but they make snide comments about hiding the booze and silverware. If that whole scene with her and Jen didn’t scream “rich snob” I don’t know what does.  Trollop is something else that she thinks she’s so much better than Theresa. Again all her misdeeds are brushed under the rug.

And what’s up with Theresa having to throw Ann under the bus to hang with people that put her down? I understand Theresa giving up drinking but now she’s going to play servant to those who treat her like dirt?

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

Right on, I so wish that the show had had Shane be Theresa's silent partner in Basic Black..It could have added so many layers to the storyline, given the history between Shane, John and Victor...It would have been funny to see Kate who is a notorious man eater try to get her hooks into Shane to the consternation of Kim...Kim and Shane not being in town for the major storylines on the show takes me out of it..It is so glaring....

• Love 1

I missed a lot of today's show...how did Chad meet Andre?

I liked that they made a callback to Theresa's ordeal with Kristin denying her the pregnancy experience...hated that it had to be with Abi, but oh well.

Can't Miss Special buy a dress off the rack?

• Love 2

I liked that they made a callback to Theresa's ordeal with Kristin denying her the pregnancy experience...hated that it had to be with Abi, but oh well.

Can't Miss Special buy a dress off the rack?

Chad was breaking into Stephano's safe and Andre just started talking to Chad like they were long lost friends--Chad's reaction was spot on it was so funny.

I actually liked Abby's wanting Theresa to make her wedding dress because her affirming Theresa's talent will help Theresa impress all of the doubters at Basic Black, and the Kirakis Mansion--a win/win.

And Abby's learning about what Theresa went through will help Ab's become a little more compassionate and help soften Theresa a little.  I love the girl but she could use a little less abrasiveness.

• Love 1

Buffynut, we have that in common and I agree wholeheartedly.

Do we also have in common an enduring affection for Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Lastwaltz:  Yes, Buffy was probably my favourite show ever. Definitely during it's run.  I joined TWOP while it was on, thus the Buffynut username, and decided to keep the same name when I came here.   Do we have Once Upon a Time in common too?

I hear you buffynut. Our family is currently going through A. With my mother. I found those scenes,especially with Kayla, to be rather painful. Give me that miracle cure too. I don't care how hokey it is.

ETA: part of the draw for me as a new viewer is the older characters. The multi-generations are a joy to watch.

PatsyandEddie:  Sorry about your Mom.  It's not a fun road to travel down.  I hope you will be able to cherish your Mom's good days and get through the bad ones.

And I too love the older characters on the show. It's all the more enjoyable when they have grown into their old ages with us watching.

Credit to the new writers but I actually liked Abby today--I liked her wanting her own wedding dress without any prior history to it and I like that she wants to give Theresa an opportunity to design it.  I also liked Theresa's working so hard to change, to be a responsible adult and to also give Abby a chance to have a lovely wedding dress.  And lastly their conversation about Abby's pregnancy felt real, and gave Abby another chance to show some compassion which she did.  On all around good scene.

I must admit I enjoyed her scenes today too.  Sometimes I think it's her and Chad as a couple that I don't like, as I like Chad by himself too.   Doesn't bode well for my future viewing pleasure since they will likely get together when this whole Ben things blows up.

I don't know the history between Theresa and Abigail, or Theresa and Jennifer.  Guess it's off to Google DOOL history again.

• Love 2

Andre was just like "hey, I'm Andre, Stefano's son." Really Stef should keep a family tree in the hall so his kids can keep track of their siblings.  Which got me thinking, has Stef ever spawned a child with the same woman twice? Who is Andre's mother now that Stef is his father? Are we to assume he and Tony really were twins? Did they explain this and I missed it?

I actually liked Abby's wanting Theresa to make her wedding dress because her affirming Theresa's talent will help Theresa impress all of the doubters at Basic Black, and the Kirakis Mansion--a win/win.

I'm all about Theresa finally getting some credit for her talents but must the show use Abigail to save the day for her? Again more Trollop propping.  I wonder if this means the wedding will get that far--to the alter. Will Trollop marry Necktie Killer? 

Wonder if the show will acknowledge's Andre's past as a serial killer. Funny that Chad, his brother, is being framed as one now.

• Love 4

Why does it have to be all or nothing with Theresa. She can be friends with Anne AND act like a responsible parent. 

I like how Abifail and Jen make rude comments about Theresa right before Abifail asks her to design her dress. They're so classy.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Andre was just like "hey, I'm Andre, Stefano's son." Really Stef should keep a family tree in the hall so his kids can keep track of their siblings.  Which got me thinking, has Stef ever spawned a child with the same woman twice? Who is Andre's mother now that Stef is his father? Are we to assume he and Tony really were twins? Did they explain this and I missed it?

I'm all about Theresa finally getting some credit for her talents but must the show use Abigail to save the day for her? Again more Trollop propping.  I wonder if this means the wedding will get that far--to the alter. Will Trollop marry Necktie Killer? 

Wonder if the show will acknowledge's Andre's past as a serial killer. Funny that Chad, his brother, is being framed as one now.

No, you did not miss it..Didn't Andre have plastic surgery to look more like Tony?....This is just another retcon...

No, you did not miss it..Didn't Andre have plastic surgery to look more like Tony?....This is just another retcon...

Yeah I think that was mentioned back in the '80's.  Feels like the writing is so sloppy with all these character returns. Maybe the new writers have gotten in over their heads with bringing so many vets back at once. 

....or a fabulous idea might be for them to include a scene w/Stef and Andre explaining his reappearance and if they need to save time they could edit some of the other scenes that add nothing to the show. 

It would have to be filled in with grease pencil so it can be erased periodically.

Come to think of it, maybe the writers need a poster of Stef's family tree in their office. Something nice and big like the murder board down at the police station. Long time fans should send them one for Christmas along with a Cliff Notes booklet on the show's history so they quit failing the viewer tests. 

ETA:  I've got it! The next idea for a primetime reality contest show...soap writers compete against other in challenges to come up with unpredictable original plots that are true to the show's history. The winner gets to be head writer. The show can even be hosted by AS. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

Didn't the last set of writers do the exact same things, though?  They had some ridiculous conversation between Brady and Theresa to establish that John's parentage had once again changed off-screen and thus Brady and Theresa could bone.

• Love 1

Do we really need to keep seeing the flashbacks of the murders?

Is that a real superstition, not bring baby stuff into the house before the baby is born?  Sounds like a lot of last-second work once there's a delivery.

Aw, poor Anne.

Heh, Andre agreed with us that the police wouldn't believe Chad's witness.

Justin just walks in and talks to Andre about "his father" without batting an eye?  wtf?

Kudos to Kassie.  Also, was that her singing at the beginning?

Ugh, are Abigail and Theresa going to be BFFs?

Guy was sure hoarse in this episode.

Ugh, we missed the ending due to news reports.  :(

• Love 2