Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Has Chad ever waxed poetic about what he sees in Abigail?  He calls her beautiful like everyone else on this show, but other than that I can't recall anything he's said that he really loves about her. The writers don't know either?

I know EJ was a pig, but he'd give out long speeches to Nicole and Sami about what he saw in them. And you could tell he could see beyond the surface. 

This is what confuses me.  So, Chad is just pretending to insult Jar Jar even though he's really attracted to that species, just to piss off Stephono who wants her in the family for unknown reasons? 

I totally agree about EJ.  Damn, he was sexy and I loved him with Nicole.  He treated her a hell of a lot better for the most part. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Chad is a fool.  Slappy dumped him in the hospital when he was recovering from a gun shot wound.  A bullet he took for EJ, and Jar Jar was only to happy to jump on EJ two seconds after Chad left Salem.  Sami was the one who called Jennifer to come to the hospital to be with the side piece when Chad was shot, stayed with Slappy until Jenn arrived, and the boring twit was bad mouthing Sami to EJ every chance she got BEFORE Sami ever began her revenge.  Sami should have burned EJ and the pathetic side piece to the ground.  Kate and Sami had an excellent SL going, and the writers ruined it.  Jar Jar will cheat on Chad the first chance she gets, and Chad is a brain dead idiot if he doesn't realize that.

Out of the triangles of Sonny/Will/Paul, Nicole/Eric/Daniel, and JJ/Paige/Eve/Bev, I don't know why any of these people would want to be with each other.  Sonny, Nicole, Paige and Bev should move on, there is something better out there.  I hate what the writers are doing with JJ and Theresa.  Both of these characters had potential.

The writers were idiots for ruining Safe and Lumi to put Sami with EJ.  EJ was obsessed with Sami, but he did not love her.  EJ put Sami in danger when she was pregnant with the twins, and he put Sami, Allie, Johnny, and Sydney in danger when he stuck Fake Rafe in her home.  That is not love.  Even when Sami was with EJ as a couple he continued to lie to her.  He laughed about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, tried to make Sami believe Eric was willing when he knew Kristen had drugged and raped Eric, cheated on Sami, and then blamed all their problems on Sami.  The writers reached epic levels of misogyny with that crap.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Damn, tomorrow is Xander's last day. Yknow, the least they could've done for us was strip him down to his undies before they tied him up, that way we'd at least get some good eye candy before he goes.......

If this "wash rinse and repeat" storyline is what Freddie was doing his last few months, no wonder he chose to leave. Please, Sonny for the sake of the sanity of the viewers, just dump Sneasel and get it over with. The repitition is boring me to tears!!

• Love 3

Small point, but since Abigail sort of brought it up, I think it deserves some follow-through.  

Nice that she wants to pay half the rent, but what that extra security deposit for pets that Ben's going to need now that he's got Abigail moving in?

The shedding is bad enough, but the slug slime trails she's going to leave on the carpets could ruin his security deposit.  Landlord deserves to know what's going on in his rental.

• Love 7

Damn, tomorrow is Xander's last day. Yknow, the least they could've done for us was strip him down to his undies before they tied him up, that way we'd at least get some good eye candy before he goes.......

If this "wash rinse and repeat" storyline is what Freddie was doing his last few months, no wonder he chose to leave. Please, Sonny for the sake of the sanity of the viewers, just dump Sneasel and get it over with. The repetition is boring me to tears!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Eric being a lousy brother to Sami doesn't change the fact that EJ was a lousy fiancée, husband, and father.  After all of his whining about wanting to be a family with Sami and the children, EJ threw it away for nothing, and actually Kristen and Slappy are less than nothing.

I'm sure it is unintentional, but it's hilarious anyway, that all of the people who were lining up to give Sami grief, and got their asses handed to them by Sami, have now cheated, have been cheated on, or both.

I'm glad Sami has Allie, Johnny, and Sydney.  They really love Sami.

ETA:  I also think it sucks that Ken Corday allowed his personal bias to take over the show.  He was so determined to prove the Ejami fans wrong for liking the couple they did, that he never bothered to think about the Sami, Lumi, Safe, EJ or Ejole fans.  He was perfectly happy to ruin Lumi, Safe, and Ejole just so he could trash Ejami and taunt their fans about it.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Eric was so hateful to both Serena and Nicole when they were found out but when he found out about the side piece hurting his sister he was fine with that and Sami was in the wrong.  So I despise him.

• Love 5
(edited)

This is what confuses me.  So, Chad is just pretending to insult Jar Jar even though he's really attracted to that species, just to piss off Stephono who wants her in the family for unknown reasons? 

I totally agree about EJ.  Damn, he was sexy and I loved him with Nicole.  He treated her a hell of a lot better for the most part. 

I don't think Ben has ever really said what he sees in Abigail either. I think he told Sonny that he knew she was the one ....and then....I can't remember what his explanation  was for why he thought she was the one.

And, yeah, Chad totally confuses me when he starts insulting Abigail in order to make her think he doesn't love her. He doesn't look like he's acting! Weirdly, I feel EJ's confused "I don't know what's going on in this storyline" acting during the Sami/EJ/Abigail triangle was better than BF's acting, and I like BF well enough and think he can act! (To over-clarify, I don't think BF is doing a bad job -- I just don't get why the insulting seems  so real. It's like he knows Abigail is a manipulative chick who likes attached men, and yet wants to be with her....but it's not really been explained why if he can see she's that weird and can throw an insult that is so convincing in terms of knowing how to see Abigail for what she really is.)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Eric was so hateful to both Serena and Nicole when they were found out but when he found out about the side piece hurting his sister he was fine with that and Sami was in the wrong.  So I despise him.

I'm with you on this.  And another poster said how juvenile Eric always seems.  So he told Serena to GET OUT.  I WANT YOU GONE.  Seems to be his mantra whenever anybody steals his ice cream cone or anything else goes wrong.  

The man is seriously emotionally stunted and such a petulant whiner.  Yeah, he's been done wrong, and yeah, it feels good to see his preachy holier-than-thou ass squirm.  

Poor Nicole, stuck between Daniel and Eric, and NOT in a good way.  

Too bad, when Nicole was dreaming of all those good times with Daniel that none of the MANY times he's yelled at her, thrown her out of his home, told her "I'm DONE", accused her of lying, accused her of still being into Eric, dismissed her with a snarl, how none of those flashed through her mind.  

They sure did in mine.  

Salem men, can't live without 'em, can't seem to drown them in the river either.

• Love 8

I think ben is going to become obsessed and hold jar jar captive like nick did mel. I could see it in his eyes today

Oh yes the guy she did wrong will be the bad guy while she remain on the saint pedestal.

• Love 2

But, and I ask this with great seriousness, could you smell the evil on him? (B&B watcher here!)

With Ben I suspect it smells like burning plastic.   Imagine the odor in that apartment today after he and Abigail showed their.....love.....

Thank God for Febreze - the foxhole-scented version.

• Love 1

I turned on the show yesterday to see what was going on, and since my cat decided to take a nap in my lap, rather than disturb her, I watched the whole hour.  After just finishing a novel that turned out to be more romance than I had expected, I couldn't help thinking it might be nice if DOOL had an actual romantic couple, instead of the disfuntional couples currently onscreen.  The closest they have now is Hope and Aiden, which are not a front-burner storyline, and will likely be torn apart when Bo returns.

If Daniel hadn't been such a jerk to Nicole, many times, maybe their scenes could have been sweet.  But, like others, all I could think of was how horrible he has treated her, and how much I hate him, and how dare he have the nerve to say "I love you".

• Love 5

To me, the scene between Ben and Abigail in his apartment was all over the place tone-wise. My heart broke for him a little bit when he sounded so desperate and sad asking Abigail to show him that she loves him. But then the beginning of the bedroom scene had quite a rapey vibe - did anyone else think so? She did not seem into it and he laid on top of her and she even began to struggle a bit? Then he stops and tells her he loves her so much and she succumbs to his advances - that's what it looked like to me. The end of it with him drinking the pepsi and saying Abby was his again, umm, no Ben, that's not how sex works. It seems like this storyline could go to a very dark place if that's how his mind is working. And we all know Clyde would help him do awful things.

Also, what do people think about Abigail's expressions in bed afterward? She was thinking of Chad and had sort of a pensive/regretful look on her face. Was she regretting having slept with Chad? Or regretting not being able to be with Chad?

• Love 3

I'm with you on this.  And another poster said how juvenile Eric always seems.  So he told Serena to GET OUT.  I WANT YOU GONE.  Seems to be his mantra whenever anybody steals his ice cream cone or anything else goes wrong.  

The man is seriously emotionally stunted and such a petulant whiner.  Yeah, he's been done wrong, and yeah, it feels good to see his preachy holier-than-thou ass squirm.  

Meh, Eric and Nicole were almost murdered by Serena's partner in crime and I thought he was right when he said she didn't try hard enough to get Nicole to stay away from Xander. If Nicole wouldn't listen she could have gone to Eric or Dan or the Brady and Friends Police Department. There's so much she could have done but she didn't because she's chicken shit. She didn't want Eric to hate her so she kept her mouth shut even though she knew Xander was dangerous. I'm fine with Eric telling her she disgusts him. Plus the character is just annoying and useless and I don't care what happens to her. 

• Love 9

Slappy is one of Ken Corday's pets so anything that goes wrong with her and Ben will be Ben's fault.  When Jar Jar cheats on Chad, it will be Chad's fault.

I hope like hell Sami does not have any scenes with the boring twit when she returns to Salem.  I want Sami's SL to be about Sami, not the pathetic side piece.

• Love 3
(edited)

I do want to Sami to laugh at all those people that cheated and were cheated on, except for Wilson..Sami would never take pleasure from Will's pain even if he deserved it. I want her to show Sonny the compassion that he did not show her, when he sided with the side piece..I always loved their relationship and the show should have developed it more. I loved it when they teamed up to get dirt on Nick...

I wish that the show did not make Sonny so saintly, my goodness, he is a Kiriakis/Johnson. He should have an edge and a propensity to be bad at times...His cousins Stefanie, JJ, Abifail and soon teenage Joey have shown their Johnson side, why can't he....Freddie can play it....Will's betrayal should have been the catalyst for that.....Justin tried to kill Adrienne's side piece Emilio and almost got Adrienne killed..So many missed opportunities on this show ...It is truly a shame....I wish we could all get on a line and take turns slapping Ken Corday for his mismanagement of this show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Was Serena's friendship with Melanie genuine? I mean, I realize she was using Melanie a bit while she was in Salem, but Melanie seemed to genuinely like her and care for her, even confiding personal feelings and secrets with her. I can't tell if she intentionally targeted Melanie as a friend while in Europe or not. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't really know if their friendship was truly genuine, since Serena is so shady...Melissa Archer should have been Sarah Horton. I thought that she had good chemistry with Maggie. I never understood  Maggie and Victor being a couple considering that he put a hit out on her daughter Melissa. 

It can't be said enough, just die Taniel, just die....I find it baffling that Victor has this great love for Taniel  and so much hate for Xander. It does not jive with Victor's history on this show...Xander is a chip off the old block..Victor should be loving him. Xander losing it over Nicole wanting Daniel the magnificent is reminiscent of Victor going crazy over Kimberly because she clearly loved Shane and not him..Why didn't the writers draw that parallel when writing this drivel..unbelievable!

Paul Telfer is so good.. What a waste! I weep for my Xicole....Why oh why did they let him go...He should have been Alex Kiriakis, son of Justin and Anjelica taking over for uncle Victor, with Philip as a contender and Victor Jr as the wild card....Can you guys imagine Xander and EJ going toe to toe..All that manliness, all that beauty, the height and the delicious accents....Sigh!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

6/25/2015 Recap :)

Hope/Rafe

Hope is on her tablet at The Pub looking at an article on Clyde and Rafe approaches her and says he thought she was gonna stop researching Clyde. Hope says she's trying and Rafe asks if she found anything new and Hope says there's nothing sticking to Clyde. Rafe says there's nothing she could do and Hope says not yet. Rafe points out how Clyde is dangerous and Sonny getting stabbed and Victor backing off and it's for a reason. Hope asks if Rafe might know a reason which Rafe doesn't. Rafe says pissing off a Kiriakis will come back to bite you. Hope asks what does he think Vic is planning and Rafe says he's just running Vic's club which Hope isn't happy with the answer. Rafe says if anything happened to Hope or Ciara he would feel bad and tells her to stay away from Clyde.

Hope says that they been over this and that she will stay away from Clyde and asks Rafe is he and he says that he is. Rafe said when Clyde made those threats against Gabi it wasn't worth it. Hope says what if he hurts someone else they love and she gets a phone call which is that Stefano is in Salem and leaves The Pub.

Rafe and Kate run into each other at The Square and Kate is smug about Stefano being arrested. Rafe says not to be too confident as he got off the phone with the FBI and tells Kate that Stefano has gotten off. Kate says Salem was a much happier place without Stefano and Rafe wonders why Stefano paid the bill now when he could have done it a long time ago.

Kate/Stefano/Hope

Kate arrives at TBD thinking she's going to meet Clyde and when she sits down she sees that it's Stefano. Kate asks if Stefano stole Clyde's phone and Kate says she'll call 911 and calls them and tells them she's looking at a wanted felon. Stefano asks if life has been wonderful with his absence and Kate says it has. Kate says she doesn't want to see Stefano at all in the next 10 to 20 years. Stefano says how could she say that to someone she once loved and Kate says blindly and stupidly when Hope arrives and Kate gets up to leave and says Stefano is all hers. Hope says Stefano is under arrest and reads him his Miranda rights.

Stefano says Hope didn't bother checking into the station and wasting both their times and tells her to make one phone call, which Hope is on the phone. Stefano tells her that he got a deal and that he paid his tax bill. Stefano says she can focus on true criminals in Salem which is Clyde and her ex-father in law Victor.

John/Roman/Serena/Abe

Roman is at the hospital on the phone with John who's still at the crime scene, talking about the Nicole/Eric/Xander thing and they end the call. Roman talks to Serena and Serena wants to know if they found Xander. Roman asks Serena does she know why Xander would do it which Serena says he has got to find Xander. Roman is confused as he thought they were friends until John and Abe arrive but John's phone rings and leaves and Abe needs Serena's statement as he has questions for her while Roman walks away. Abe asks if she's okay and Serena is worried about Eric. Abe tells her to take a few minutes have some water and then they'll talk. 

Victor/Xander

Victor approaches Xander and tells him its time to pay the price. Victor says Xander can scream all he wants because nobody is going to hear his final words. Vic doesn't let Xander talk as he doesn't want to hear his excuses and tells him he knows Xander tried to kill Eric and Nicole and how he spoke to Dan about Nicole and said what Xander did in betraying Vic is the ultimate sin. Xander says he was going to tell Vic until a henchman throws an envelope full of money down at Xander's feet and Vic says Xander was going to collect his money and leave. Xander says that the police wasn't going to figure out what he did to Eric and Nicole and that Victor's name wouldn't be mentioned. Vic responds that Xander shouldn't worry about the police as he should be worried with him and basically dishing out justice is reserved for family.

Vic says Xander isn't smarter than him and Xander says Vic hates Nicole and he wasn't going to ruin Dan's precious life. Vic says Xander didn't listen to him about staying away from Nicole and doesn't know his place. Xander says he was loyal and did Vic's hard jobs without complaining but it was never enough and he'll always be unworthy and how Dan isn't his own flesh and blood.

Vic says that Dan is more important to him than Xander. Vic wants to know why he did it because he felt slighted. Xander says he wanted Vic's love and approval and did it to protect Vic and how Nicole found information about Xander doing business for Vic and he would kill anyone that threatened their family. Vic says Xander disgusts him and has one more question for him and says that Xander will give his life for him and wonders if it's true and Xander says yes and Vic says so be it. The henchman unties Xander and bring him down to his knees and one has a knife to his throat.

Eric/Marlena/Nicole/Dan/Roman

Eric is flashing back to kissing Nicole when Marlena enters the room and asks if he's ok. Meanwhile Nicole is having the same flashback when Dan enters the room and asks what's wrong. Eric asks Marlena how Nicole is doing while Nicole tells Dan that she was having a dream about last night and how she needs to see Eric. Eric tries to get up but Marlena stops him and Roman enters the room and Marlena asks if Roman has any leads which he doesn't. Eric says Xander tried to kill them.

Nicole's head is spinning and Dan says that they found her and Eric. He goes to explain how he and Brady found them and says she's safe now. Nicole says she wish it was true but it's not. John enters the room and tells them that the doctor gave him the green light to question Eric some more. Roman goes to talk to Nicole and leaves. Marlena wants to stay which John is okay with as long as Eric is and Eric is fine with it. John wants to know what they were doing in the crawlspace. 

Dan says the trauma will be with her for a long time and Nicole says that's not it. Dan asks if Xander hurt her in another way and Nicole flashes back to being strangled and tells Dan about Xander entering her office and trying to kill her. Dan asks why he would want to kill her and Nicole says she was alone in the building and coming to meet Dan and that's when Xander showed up and how it was around the time Dan took Maggie to the hospital and Xander going crazy when he seen Dan's name on her phone. Nicole says that Serena and Xander were smuggling blood diamonds from Africa. Dam says that's what the compartment was in the elephant and how Serena didn't tell him. Nicole understands why Serena was afraid and Nicole also says Xander was in prison in Scotland for murder. Dan says Xander was a troubled kid and knew he wasn't reformed but didn't think he was capable of murder and neither did Nicole. Dan asks how she found out and Nicole says the charges were reduced and records expunged and Dan hopes it wasn't Victor but Nicole verifies that it was.

Dan can't believe that it's Victor and apologizes that if he didn't call when he did and Nicole says it would have made a difference. Dan asks why she didn't tell him and Nicole says she was last night but needed proof. Dan says that Nicole thought that he wouldn't have believed him and Nicole agrees and didn't want to put Dan in danger. Dan is grateful that Eric was there with her. Meanwhile, Marlena says that if Eric doesn't want to talk about it but John thinks otherwise. Marlena goes to get another ice pace since Eric is looking so flushed and leaves. John asks what Eric can tell him now that Marlena left. Dan says things could have been different if Eric wasn't there and Nicole goes to tell him something else until Roman enters and needs to get Nicole and Dan's statement separately. Dan leaves. Roman asks if she's ready to talk about what happened between her and Eric.

Eric says he can tell John what happened. Eric & Nicole tell John & Roman respectively their story about what happened. Nurse enters Eric's room with an ice pack and John got the story and if Eric thinks of anything else let him know and leaves. Outside Marlena and John talk and John says that he's going to get Xander and Eric will be fine and then asks about them as a couple. Meanwhile Roman wraps up his questioning with Nicole and tells her next time she investigates a criminal to call the police which she says that she learned her lesson. Roman leaves. Nicole thanks Dan for getting rid of Roman and coming back but Dan can't stay long and kisses her and leaves the room. Outside Dan asks Roman if he found Xander which Roman says no.

Mar and John talk about Paul and their relationship. Nicole is lying in bed when Eric enters her room (last scene of the day).

Serena/Marlena/Dan

Marlena enters the hospital break room where Serena is and Serena asks Marlena how Eric is and Marlena says Eric isn't fine thanks to Serena. Marlena says Serena didn't tell her anything and that Serena better stay away from Eric forever and storms out of the break room. Abe enters the room and asks if she's ready to talk and Serena guesses. Abe has questions about Xander cook and Dan enters the room and says that Serena may not answer his questions but he will. Dan basically squeals about the diamond smuggling and Abe goes to Serena with questions but Serena wants an attorney.

I really have nothing to say about this episode, it was so boring that I didn't even want to recap it. 

Fuck Off Dark Roast, just squealing for the sake of squealing, got nothing else to do but be a pig. Has Dark Roast heard that saying "Snitches get Stitches". Shrewena is smart enough to just ask for an attorney. 

I guess Vic is just gonna kill Xander whatever, but I do feel for Xander a little in regard to Victor thinking very little of him and being loyal to him but it was never good enough for Victor.

• Love 6

Slappy is one of Ken Corday's pets so anything that goes wrong with her and Ben will be Ben's fault.  When Jar Jar cheats on Chad, it will be Chad's fault.

I hope like hell Sami does not have any scenes with the boring twit when she returns to Salem.  I want Sami's SL to be about Sami, not the pathetic side piece.

IA but the side piece can not exist without people pimping her out so I expect her to have scenes with Sai.

I thought Victor had plans for Clyde.  And I still want to believe that.   However, Victor having more of a reaction to Xander going after Nicole (who Victor hates) on behalf of Daniel being more worthy of action than Sonny very nearly bleeding to death?   Nothing about that seems plausible to me, NOTHING.   

You would think after all these years I wouldn't have to remind myself that Josh Taylor is Roman, but I do.  I was all, why is Josh Taylor kissing Eric?   Sigh.   I'm not sure that John is really less of a conflict, though.    They really could justify not having done anything at all with Abe for more than a decade by having him be the only police officer in Salem who can interview any criminal or crime victim.    

• Love 5

Just wanted to say I deleted both yesterday and today from my dvr without viewing based on what I read here and heard from my mother. Victor's actions are beyond loathsome ; I used to merely despise the old bugger for the misogynistic bastard that he is but now I hate him for being a disgusting old brute with (wait for it) absolutely no sense of family! Now much as I dislike him even I can see the inherent problem with that. When I first came back to Days about 2 years ago it was a blessed relief from GH where character assassination was rife. Well, over the past year I can see the same thing taking place on Days and I utterly hate it! I only hope the new writers can bring some of these characters back to what they were or this will be yet another soap I will have to tune out and I would really hate to do that because I've watched this show, off and on, since the eighties and I've always loved it. However, the last few episodes have been execrable with today's show apparently hitting rock bottom.

• Love 6

Just wanted to say I deleted both yesterday and today from my dvr without viewing based on what I read here and heard from my mother. Victor's actions are beyond loathsome ; I used to merely despise the old bugger for the misogynistic bastard that he is but now I hate him for being a disgusting old brute with (wait for it) absolutely no sense of family! Now much as I dislike him even I can see the inherent problem with that. When I first came back to Days about 2 years ago it was a blessed relief from GH where character assassination was rife. Well, over the past year I can see the same thing taking place on Days and I utterly hate it! I only hope the new writers can bring some of these characters back to what they were or this will be yet another soap I will have to tune out and I would really hate to do that because I've watched this show, off and on, since the eighties and I've always loved it. However, the last few episodes have been execrable with today's show apparently hitting rock bottom.

I'm sorry if I'm one of those who turned you off after my rant about the Sparkle Show.  I've often felt the same way after reading here but when I watch the show I find things to like.  For instance, Chad humiliating Jar jar was a thing of beauty that day, and I kind of enjoyed Nicole's rescue because there was some action and thankfully all the menfolk put the pieces together quickly.  Note to self:  Always wear great underwear in case someone puts you in an oven.  Xander being shot in the back of the head was great too.  Nick being thrown into the river was one of the best scenes of all time.  I'm not about to give up a show I've watched for 35 years.

• Love 3

Meh, Eric and Nicole were almost murdered by Serena's partner in crime and I thought he was right when he said she didn't try hard enough to get Nicole to stay away from Xander. If Nicole wouldn't listen she could have gone to Eric or Dan or the Brady and Friends Police Department. There's so much she could have done but she didn't because she's chicken shit. She didn't want Eric to hate her so she kept her mouth shut even though she knew Xander was dangerous. I'm fine with Eric telling her she disgusts him. Plus the character is just annoying and useless and I don't care what happens to her. 

I feel the same way about everybody else on the show. ;)

• Love 2

I don't care about much of anything that happened today, but why does Rafe have to be such a supercilious dick so much of the time?  He runs into Kate - who went to bat to save him from Stephono, and with who he had an affair I know he enjoyed, and he has to be such a snotty prick to her.  It can't be because of Jordan, Rafe doesn't have a brain big enough to remember that far back.  And besides, he's like this more often than he's not.  Kate saved his pretty behind and he should at least be a little grateful -but nah, he's a Salem man, wimmins be damned, I guess.

Too bad she didn't knee him in the nuts and give him a brain freeze.

• Love 3

Drake Hogestyn's acting choices crack me up. When he and Abe were investigating Nicole's office at the beginning of the show today, he kept licking his teeth and pulling faces like he'd just eaten a poppy seed bagel.  What a weirdo!

Kudos to Serena asking for a lawyer. Too bad she only did it because she's guilty.

• Love 5

The whole time Hope and Rafe were talking I kept thinking "not such a smart thing to be doing in a curtained booth where you have no idea who is sitting behind you." Of course Show did not take advantage of this.

• Love 2
(edited)

"I'm sorry if I'm one of those who turned you off after my rant about the Sparkle Show."

No worries since I actually kind of like the Sparkle Show, LOL! It's just been almost everything else I've been hating lately, sad to say. Hopefully things may pick up soon with the change in the writing regime. Like you I've been watching the show for about 35 years (started in 1981 when the show was still awesome!) and have had to take breaks now and then when things just got too crummy for my tastes---but I've always returned to Days.

Edited by Kittykatkins
  • Love 2

"I'm sorry if I'm one of those who turned you off after my rant about the Sparkle Show."

No worries since I actually kind of like the Sparkle Show, LOL! It's just been almost everything else I've been hating lately, sad to say. Hopefully things may pick up soon with the change in the writing regime. Like you I've been watching the show for about 35 years (started in 1981 when the show was still awesome!) and have had to take breaks now and then when things just got too crummy for my tastes---but I've always returned to Days.

My avatar would be my kitty katkins if the powers that be let me because it's too large. She's living in her downstairs apartment over the fridge for the summer.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am not uncomfortable talking about the shows content which is sexual at times. Yes some terms are phrased differently - for future forever I will say intercourse or coitis.

It is a shame cute Xander will die and was written this way. I can't help but wonder why Victor is hesitating to pull the trigger, so to speak, on Clyde.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Mods, please let me know if I am out of line or put me in another thread, but this and a lot of comments about Abigail lately just seem grossly expressed and unnecessarily crude. I realize she is an unpopular character here and I mostly FF through her myself, but a lot of this borders on being really ugly, and I like to think we are better than that here.

• Love 9

I am not uncomfortable talking about the shows content which is sexual at times. Yes some terms are phrased differently - for future forever I will say intercourse or coitis.

It is a shame cute Xander will die and was written this way. I can't help but wonder why Victor is hesitating to pull the trigger, so to speak, on Clyde.

Aww, don't go changing how you write your posts, you're fabulous just the way you are!  I don't see any slut-shaming on this board, in fact, just the opposite.  Here and the other soap boards I frequent are vociferous in objecting to the crappy way women are portrayed these days.

Abigail, on the other hand..... well, she's not being slut-shamed either IMO, just called out on the absolute two-faced horror she is.

• Love 4

If Clyde had stabbed Dr. Tan, Victor would have gotten rid of him a long time ago.  Victor's loyalty to Daniel is as baffling to me as it is to Xander.

I wonder how John Aniston feels, having the character he's played for decades being reduced to Daniel's cheerleader.  It's reaching Sonny Corinthos-levels with this guy.  How many characters exist these days just to speculate about how something will affect Daniel, or are motivated to act only out of concern for Daniel? 

I really hope the new writers are fixing this gross imbalance.

• Love 3

To me, the scene between Ben and Abigail in his apartment was all over the place tone-wise. My heart broke for him a little bit when he sounded so desperate and sad asking Abigail to show him that she loves him. But then the beginning of the bedroom scene had quite a rapey vibe - did anyone else think so? She did not seem into it and he laid on top of her and she even began to struggle a bit? Then he stops and tells her he loves her so much and she succumbs to his advances - that's what it looked like to me. The end of it with him drinking the pepsi and saying Abby was his again, umm, no Ben, that's not how sex works. It seems like this storyline could go to a very dark place if that's how his mind is working. And we all know Clyde would help him do awful things.

Also, what do people think about Abigail's expressions in bed afterward? She was thinking of Chad and had sort of a pensive/regretful look on her face. Was she regretting having slept with Chad? Or regretting not being able to be with Chad?

ITA with your recap of Abigail/Ben scenes.  I have always felt Ben was on the verge of being abusive towards Abigail (the actor IMO played that really well) so he's turn to the "dark side" is not the surprising to me.   Jordan mentioned she tried to help Ben with his temper.

• Love 4

Abigail, on the other hand..... well, she's not being slut-shamed either IMO, just called out on the absolute two-faced horror she is.

It's just like when we called out EJ and Rafe and Adrienne for cheating on their significant others--disgusting actions should be pointed out and mocked at.  No matter who is doing them.

• Love 4
(edited)

I always felt that the show should have explored a domestic violence situation with Ben and Abigail..Ben grew up with an abusive father and children are a product of their environment...They could have incorporated Adrienne into the storyline due to her abusive past with her parents Duke and Jo...It would really explore the Johnson family dynamics to the fullest..It would even better if Steve was involved as well. It would be ironic that Steve played hero to Abigail, when her father Jack, his brother hurt Kayla in the worst way, that one can hurt a woman....

Kayla, Jennifer, JJ, Stefanie, Wilson and an alive Jack could have been weaved into the storyline. I could see Jack feeling that she is paying for what he did to Kayla...Even Theresa could have been involved. Perhaps, she is the one that discovers Abigail's secret of being abuse by Ben and decides to  keep her secret. She could have even consulted her mother Kim, who also has an abusive past. Stefanie could try to help her as well, she was also a victim of abuse at the hands of Jeremy.  Victims of abuse often protect and defend their abusers..I  swear the story just writes itself....The show has such a rich history that can be used to create stories in the present..

Domestic violence is a serious problem in this  country and around the world...Ben has all the signs of being a beater and the actor could play it..He was very scary in his interactions with Abifail...Their lovemaking was very uncomfortable for me to watch. It almost seemed like Abigail became his object to possess..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

It's just like when we called out EJ and Rafe and Adrienne for cheating on their significant others--disgusting actions should be pointed out and mocked at. No matter who is doing them.

I think if anything I and some others have been more blunt about EJ. I am getting a touch sick of all the cheating stories incessantly.

The Dan worship and propping is getting gross. And I don't think SC is making he best acting choices. With Nicole today his hand motions and blocking made him look corny.

My avatar would be my kitty katkins if the powers that be let me because it's too large. She's living in her downstairs apartment over the fridge for the summer.

Have you tried any of these?

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?236889-Cant-upload-picture-says-its-too-big

You can up load the pic that is too big to Facebook or photobucket and save it to your desktop or device and next upload it to this site as your avatar. Or go into MSPaint or Photo Editor and save the original file as 50% of the original size ect

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

It's hard to root for a domestic violence theme, but yes, I do think Ben could pull it off quite well. And it would be riveting in a car-wreck kind of way. And it would be one way to redeem Abigail's character -- sort of? At least these storylines may play out quickly in the next month or so before the new regime takes over. 

C'mon August!

• Love 4

The slanted writing just makes everything worse.  The writers have the good and bad characters do the same things, but the good characters get a free pass while the bad characters get blamed for things they didn’t do.

It not only makes the characters into unsympathetic hypocrites, it also makes them look weak and stupid.  Nothing they do is their fault, they have no agency, they have no mind or will of their own, etc.

• Love 7

I always felt that the show should have explored a domestic violence situation with Ben and Abigail..Ben grew up with an abusive father and children are a product of their environment...They could have incorporated Adrienne into the storyline due to her abusive past with her parents Duke and Jo

If Sonny's mother got involved in a domestic violence story she would have to acknowledge that her family background is horrid, which would emphasize her raging hypocrisy regarding how she treated Will because Sami is his mother. 

• Love 3