Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

GW always looks like he sucking a lemon which isn't a good look for him. I can't imagine them (the weiters) pairing Paul who's good looking with Will, who, um, er, isn't. So, is a new gay guy magically landing in Salem? Are they replacing Freddie? Because as everyone know there are only 3 gay guys in all of Salem and you can't have to single gay guys and not have a third, right? Maybe, Rory will give it a try.

• Love 1

I don't know who's worse with the sucking lemons face GW or DH. It's like they suck on lemons before shooting each scene but DH also has a tendency to make a face like he has gas bubbling all up in his stomach. 

• Love 1

It doesn't help that EJ (at least in my book) looked considerably aged and older once his escapades with Abigail started. He aged 10 years in 10 months.

In that bed she look 14 while he had aged to fifty.

• Love 1
(edited)

Abigail is just insufferable.  Of course all soap characters are hypocrites to some extent, but she is in a category all by herself.  She had zero concern for Carrie and Sami when she was going after Austin and EJ, so all her boohooing for Paige is total bullshit.  And she didn't seem to mind her mother rationalizing and justifying her behavior when she gaslighted and stalked Austin and begged EJ to let her be his mistress while she sucked up to his and Sami's children, but she has a problem when Jennifer applies the same shitty parenting to JJ's idiocy?  And she's crying about it?  Bitch, please.  I hate this character so much.  And knowing the writers are going to waste/ruin Chad on her makes me even more bitter.

I also can't stand Will, but lay that solely at the feet of GW.  I have no idea why Will acts the way he does or how he really feels because GW doesn't do anything to make Will's actions understandable or believable.  I also don't find him attractive at all.  It's mean and selfish, but I wish they'd recast Will so I could like him again.  A better actor could do something even with scatterbrained, stupid writing. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Is there any significance to the club being named TBD? I associate that shorthand to mean "to be determined" or "to be decided". Which is it? or neither

It's Club TBD (acronym to be determined) because they (the writers and show canon Sonny) couldn't think of a name. They decided to keep it since the clubs purpose changes suiting the time of day or patrons desire, sometimes its a casual spot to grab a coffee, sometimes a date place to get a drink. This is per a show source, Corday or a designer, in an old SOD.

• Love 3
I also can't stand Will, but lay that solely at the feet of GW.  I have no idea why Will acts the way he does or how he really feels because GW doesn't do anything to make Will's actions understandable or believable.  I also don't find him attractive at all.  It's mean and selfish, but I wish they'd recast Will so I could like him again.  A better actor could do something even with scatterbrained, stupid writing. 

I guess I have double standards because I put more blame on KM for Abifail being awful than I do GW for Will being awful. If Will were being played by someone better maybe they could make the character a little more palatable but I honestly don't know what they could do with this writing. The writing for Will confuses me, to the point where this almost seems like a different character from the one we saw two years ago, or even a year ago. I still don't really know why he cheated and almost nothing he does makes since. Will cheating is completely unbelievable but the writers didn't bother to do a slow build with the character and properly flesh out his behavior or motivations. Simply blaming everything on Sami being The Worst Mother In The History Of The World or saying Will is the new Sami isn't enough.

As for Abifail, the writing for her is bad but I don't think she's supposed to be this awful. KM makes Abifail seem like a sociopath and I don't think that's what the writers are going for. KM's facial expressions and acting choices make Abifail seem like she's always scheming and manipulating and always has an ulterior motive which makes it impossible to believe anything the character is saying. KM is incapable of showing proper emotions that correlate to what the character is saying and doing. Unfortunately, I also think KM's interviews have negatively affected how I see the character.

• Love 8
(edited)

I guess I have double standards because I put more blame on KM for Abifail being awful than I do GW for Will being awful. If Will were being played by someone better maybe they could make the character a little more palatable but I honestly don't know what they could do with this writing. The writing for Will confuses me, to the point where this almost seems like a different character from the one we saw two years ago, or even a year ago. I still don't really know why he cheated and almost nothing he does makes since. Will cheating is completely unbelievable but the writers didn't bother to do a slow build with the character and properly flesh out his behavior or motivations. Simply blaming everything on Sami being The Worst Mother In The History Of The World or saying Will is the new Sami isn't enough.

As for Abifail, the writing for her is bad but I don't think she's supposed to be this awful. KM makes Abifail seem like a sociopath and I don't think that's what the writers are going for. KM's facial expressions and acting choices make Abifail seem like she's always scheming and manipulating and always has an ulterior motive which makes it impossible to believe anything the character is saying. KM is incapable of showing proper emotions that correlate to what the character is saying and doing. Unfortunately, I also think KM's interviews have negatively affected how I see the character.

I love your post leftphalange...The writing for Will reminds me of when Billie inexplicable became a schemer trying to break up Bo and Hope...When she was never portrayed to be that way before..Billie while leery of Hope, who believed herself to be Gina was a very good friend to her. The show even had Billie be complicit in Larry's kidnapping of Hope. They really took Billie down a dark and ugly path and it was totally unnecessary. I feel that is what  they have done to Will, I don't like him anymore, he is not sympathetic. I think it has more to do with the awful, frenetic, nonsensical  writing than Guy Wilson's  acting skills..Even Freddie looks like he is phoning it in, it is the same scenes over and over again. Sonny looks weak, Paul is a stalker and Will is a douchebag. This triangle of doom is so stupid. I am looking forward to Sonny leaving town, so that the story could be over...

I am leery of how the show will try to make Paul and Will a viable couple after Paul punching him and Will's manipulations.It might be Ejami part 2 with them. I hope that Higley fixes this awful storyline...My only hope is that, since she  is pro-Wilson, she will fix them and Will. Abigail is a sociopath period..There is nothing likable or redeeming about her. Too bad Paul is gay and they cant put them together..Those two entitled assholes should get together.. Sparkle should have been bisexual, it would have been cool to see the show explore male bisexuality..In general, Female bisexuality is more acceptable than male bisexuality. The show could have tackled that subject with sensitivity and care...I remember a few years ago on the sex and the city, they explored the subject of male bisexuality with Carrie Bradshaw and it was pretty good. Days could have gone in depth about bisexuality as it relates to both the Gay and Straight World..

Edited by Apprentice79

Those interviews were awful and had very little to do with what was shown on days with her side piece character.

• Love 1

Female bisexuality is more acceptable than male bisexuality because in both cases, the female partners are dismissed. Female bisexuals are "really" straight and just experimenting, while male bisexuals are "really" gay and just not ready to admit it yet. So, with the women, hey, a little girl-girl action is always hot, right? [wink wink nudge nudge] but don't worry, they're going to marry men and lead heteronormative lives. But the men, they're gay. That's a problem, can't have that. That Sex and the City episode pissed me off because Carrie couldn't accept her boyfriend's bisexuality at all and dumped him as a result. Plus it just came off as a cheap way to get Carrie to kiss a woman for the usual exploitative reasons.

I would like to see a story, if it was done well. Bisexuals get discriminated against by straight and gay alike, unfortunately - either our bisexuality doesn't "really" exist, or if we are done the courtesy of having it acknowledged that our bisexuality does exist, then it's that we're greedy, untrustworthy, and inherently incapable of being with one person. But do I trust DAYS writers to tell it? Hahahahaha, no.

• Love 7
(edited)

The same can be said for Theresa and Jen Lilley, she always tries to make it seem that Theresa is a sympathetic character and she is not....

Female bisexuality is more acceptable than male bisexuality because in both cases, the female partners are dismissed. Female bisexuals are "really" straight and just experimenting, while male bisexuals are "really" gay and just not ready to admit it yet. So, with the women, hey, a little girl-girl action is always hot, right? [wink wink nudge nudge] but don't worry, they're going to marry men and lead heteronormative lives. But the men, they're gay. That's a problem, can't have that. That Sex and the City episode pissed me off because Carrie couldn't accept her boyfriend's bisexuality at all and dumped him as a result. Plus it just came off as a cheap way to get Carrie to kiss a woman for the usual exploitative reasons.

I would like to see a story, if it was done well. Bisexuals get discriminated against by straight and gay alike, unfortunately - either our bisexuality doesn't "really" exist, or if we are done the courtesy of having it acknowledged that our bisexuality does exist, then it's that we're greedy, untrustworthy, and inherently incapable of being with one person. But do I trust DAYS writers to tell it? Hahahahaha, no.

Your post is awesome...I think Paul  could have  been the ideal character to explore bisexuality and it's complexity...Sean Christopher has chemistry with both men and women....I like the actor,  but as a Wilson fan, I hate Paul for being an interloper and for being propped to the heavens like the sainted Daniel...

Paul  and Theresa could have been good together. At first Theresa would be using him to get over Brady and Paul would be doing the same over Sonny. As time went on, they would really fall deeply in love.  Then we found out about Paulson's past in a dramatic fashion sending both Will and Theresa down a dark path..Theresa would be convinced that she was being used as a beard and Will could have thought that he was indeed a placeholder for Paul...Paul could have revealed to Theresa that he is bisexual and she could have struggled with that...Sonny could also think that Paul is in denial about his homosexuality....Leading to conflict between the old lovers...Will would be uncomfortable with the undeniable chemistry between Paulson and their unresolved feelings..His insecurities would flare up again, pushing him to do stupid stuff  that would alienate Sonny..I would have had Will and Theresa bond over their respective partners being exes and the fallout could have been great....Ken corday and his incompetent writers have no imagination whatsoever..You don't need a cartoon villain to always drive stories. Flawed, but decent people can be just as compelling...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Very true.  Still, I wish they had made Will bisexual.  It would have made the character more interesting (to me anyway, and if someone other than GW was playing him). 

Oh, I totally agree about KM.  She's awful.  But I wouldn't like Abby even with a recast.  Her character is too much of a hypocrite for me to ever enjoy.  We're told over and over again that Abigail is good and pure and holiness and light, but her actions are anything but.  Even a great actress couldn't convince me that Abigail cared about Paige being cheated on, since Abigail has been the other woman twice.  A good person wouldn't gaslight and stalk, or pit two guys against each other (which she's gearing up to do again), or use a man's children and soon to be wife to gain access to him.  IDK.  I think Abigail is a lot like Kiki Jerome on GH - a horrible, useless character no matter who plays her.

I used to love the character of Will, especially when he was scheming and being shady.  No doubt the writing for him is a huge problem, but I think CM (or someone like him) could have done more with Will turning on Sami and Kate with that stupid expose, and with Will cheating on Sonny with Paul.  GW's take on Will has the character as completely incompetent and unlikeable, grasping and asexual, and utterly charmless.  I just don't accept him as Sami and Lucas's son at all, and it doesn't help that he doesn't look like either one of them. 

I look at the crappy writing for some of the other characters and many of them are able to rise above it, but neither GW or KM are capable doing so.  It sucks that so much story is dedicated to their characters.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree. A lot of characters on Days have probably cheated as much as Abigail (i.e Adrienne) but somehow they manage to retain some degree of likability. I think I've already forgotten about Will's infidelity. What's bugging me more about him is his child-like mannerisms, but the infidelity thing seems to have  moved from my radar. In 2 weeks, I'll probably forget JJ did his girlfriend's mother. Same for Eve and her doing her daughter's boyfriend.  With Abigail all I see is someone who is hot to trot and ready to go with anyone who is attached. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

Abigail comes across as an unrepentant sociopath...I actually find what she did to Austin more reprehensible than what she did to EJ. To think that Will took her side over Sami, has he forgotten what she did to his Daddy Austin....Will and Austin were always close..I feel that Chandler had a better understanding of Will and imbued subtext in his performances..Guy does not do that and it makes Will very unlikeable...I like Guy, but, I just wish that he had better direction..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

In that bed she look 14 while he had aged to fifty.

That creature sucks the life out of every scene she's in and every character she's with.  And not in any possible interesting way.  She's the worst, portrayed by an even worse actress.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she and Kristen Alderson were each other's biggest fans.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think one of the mistakes they made with Will was the constant mantra of, "You are just like Sami."  As if that would explain everything, and there wouldn't be any need for actual writing and acting.  What they should have done was build on what Sami and Kate said when Will stabbed them in the back with his article.  Sami pointed out to Sonny that no one else could have done to them what Will did because Kate and Sami wouldn't have trusted anyone the way they did Will.  Sami told Will she would always love him, and someday he would understand what he had really lost.  Kate told Will she would always love him, and she was sad to realize he had more in common with her and Sami than she had realized.

Lucas would have been the perfect person to follow up that trend when he talked to Will about Will's cheating on Sonny.  Lucas could have told Will he didn't realize that their covering for Will and trying to protect him would instead enable Will and lead him to feel entitled to doing anything he wanted because someone else would always rescue him.  Lucas can't fix this problem the way he did when he took the blame for shooting EJ when Will was the one who actually did it.  Lucas could have told Will he was upset to realize that Will was now doing things the way Kate and Sami do, and the way Lucas used to, and that wasn't what he wanted for his son.

It could have been acknowledged that Will was selfish, impulsive, was lying and manipulating people to get what he wanted just like Sami used to, but they were coming from entirely different places, and weren't exactly alike.

Instead it's another boring triangle SL that is going nowhere.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
(edited)

That is a perfect post Tigerlynx.....Sonny should have thought Will a lesson on what it is like to betray a Kiriakis...Sonny knows Will better than he knows himself and should have laid a trap for Will. He should have faked amnesia and never confronted Will about his affair and lull Will into a false sense of security, while secretly plotting to take him down. He could have secured his role in Ari's life by adopting her. Once it was finalized, he goes all Kiriakis on Will and Sparkle....I would have  loved to have seen Will's reaction in learning that Sonny was responsible for his current misery..He never really paid for what he did to Kate and Sami...I would have a hot guy come into town just for Sonny, so that he could rub it in Will's face...Perhaps losing Sonny, would make Will turn to alcohol to dull his pain. 

Off-Topic: the headwriter of General Hospital Ron Carlivatti is losing his mind on tweeter....The man is so immature and petty, it is absurd that he acts like this for a man his age..It is embarrassing! He makes Guy's Will sane and mature...lol

Edited by Apprentice79

"Lucas could have told Will he was upset to realize that Will was now doing things the way Kate and Sami do, and the way Lucas used to, and that wasn't what he wanted for his son."

I completely agree with everything else about your great post but Will never has a plan.  He just founders and acts out and stopped giving lip service to getting marriage counseling. 

What a great use of Lucas to do the things you suggest.

• Love 1

They never use Lucas the way that they should..I remember when Will was in a coma after getting shot for trying to save Nick and Lucas was telling him that  he was a better man than he would ever be and that he was so proud of the man that he had become. Lucas should have reminded Will of that conversation in telling him how wrong he was that Will was now following in his footsteps and what that means for Arianna's future...The writers miss so many beats when writing their stories...

I can't wait to see what kind of excuses raccoon Jen makes. I hope Chad is at least smart enough to wear a condom.

With all the actions that she is having with Ben most likely the princess is on the pill now since she has not been knocked up yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

With all the actions that she is having with Ben most likely the princess is on the pill now since she has not been knocked up yet.

Or maybe all the spermatozoa are smarter than the men she's bedded who produce them, and just avoid "it" at all costs?

Or course, in poor Ben's case, that's one thing Mattel didn't put in his poor plastic body. 

Just think, if they had...we've seen "Tiny Tears", Chatty Cathy", "Betsey Wetsey", what WOULD that have named a Ben doll that could do that.....??

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

I had a Chatty Cathy when I was very, very small.  And a Mrs. Beasley (still a big fan).  And a Dancerina until the batteries rusted her butt out.  One doll a year back then. I still have my last Velvet doll from age 10.  Yes, I liked dolls for a long time.  I guess Bollie's time limit is up.  His slippery vinyl sheen has worn off.  No wonder.  At least the Westons have been put on the back burner.  Until tomorrow  probably. 

• Love 2

The writers have missed so many opportunities to capitalize on the history of the characters, not just Lucas/Will, but Victor/Lucas and Kate to.  Roman/Lucas also have a history of at one time Roman did not want Sami with Lucas, but over time Lucas won Roman over.  Something else that never gets mentioned is that Sami/Jack were friends, and co-conspirators.  They were really funny together to.

The constant playing the blame Sami card is not doing anyone any favors.  It just highlights that a character can't carry their own storyline.  Sami hasn't been in Salem in almost a year.  Sami could return, burn the entire town of Salem to the ground, and flit back to California, and it still won't make other characters interesting.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't wait to see Sami back.  Give me a halcyon and hope it'll be good.

ETA OT I checked out GH since Days is off and Luke killing his parents was a bit interesting but what do I know.  His face has always bugged me and the kid hired makes me laugh.  Still, ok acting as being the abusive dad even though abusive is way, way overdone in soaps.  GH seems overgroomed to me.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Or maybe all the spermatozoa are smarter than the men she's bedded who produce them, and just avoid "it" at all costs?

Or course, in poor Ben's case, that's one thing Mattel didn't put in his poor plastic body. 

Just think, if they had...we've seen "Tiny Tears", Chatty Cathy", "Betsey Wetsey", what WOULD that have named a Ben doll that could do that.....??

Beenie Weenie?

• Love 1

I missed watching the show today. I'm anxious to see where the Paige/JJ storyline goes after last week's big reveal. I'd like to see this new version of Paige to stick around. As for JJ, seeing as he can't seem to get enough of the Larson/Donovan women, maybe he'll go for Kimberly now that she's in town? Who knows.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial's Day Weekend!

• Love 4
(edited)

Totally random note, but I didn't think we needed a separate thread for this. Any time we get despondent over Nicole's sad portrayal these days in pining over Daniel, it might be a good idea to flash back to these videos from 11 years ago, titled "Who Killed My Wife." I miss this scheming, gold-digging version of Nicole!

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 4
I can't wait to see Sami back.  Give me a halcyon and hope it'll be good.

I want a good SL for Sami, but I'm preparing myself for the worst.  I want Sami to be happily involved with a new man, thankful that EJ is dead and no longer ruining her life, for Sami to tell Rafe and Lucas how much she loved them, and for her to expose the boring twit for the back stabber she is before she leaves Salem.  What I'm expecting to get is more of the everything is all Sami's fault, including global warming, nonsense.

• Love 1

I would like some Lumi scenes and for Sami to swat that nasty pest Jar Jar down. If Sami didn't leave I wanted a Lumi reunion or for her to mix it up with Chad. They could've been cute together and Failures head would explode. Speaking of that she's starting to look like Guilana Rancic.

• Love 2

So stupid the way they are writing Mel. Does Mel even live in this century or is she so convinced that she is Lucille Ball that she now believes this is the 1950s? This isn't the 19th century where folks who had a child had to get married to raise a child or be ostracized.  Brady and Theresa weren't a love match that was interfered with due to misunderstandings or an interloper.  Theirs was a crackhead love. They had sex (didn't make love) because they loved to party with coke and alcohol.  Soon as the smoke in the pipe evaporated so did that relationship. Plus, seriously when was the last time a child on this show was raised by their bio mom and dad that were married? If Mel could take a good look around her she would see that there are really no intact original marriages/families on the show anywhere. Add in that over half of the marriages in the US end in divorce anyway and the writers are making her look crazy with this so called self sacrifice.

I don't know if the actor who plays JJ was trying to portray numbness, defeat or shock (or all of the above) with his performance during the reveal but he was surprisingly to me the weakest link in that reveal. He wasn't so terrible that he completely took me out of the scene but his portrayal didn't connect with the desperate boy I have been seeing for weeks who thought his very life depended on being with Paige. 

KPD and MR were amazing. True came through. 

The only thing I am ugh'ing about now is at the end of Friday's episode it seems Eve wants some kind of revenge against Jen.  Seriously, she screwed her daughter's first love multiple times but now Jen must pay. Girl bye! 

Color me shocked but I liked the scene between Jen and Abby. I think it might have been a bit more appropriate for this conversation to have been between Jen and one of her contemporaries like Hope (WTH has she been?!?) or Kayla but what I'm okay with it being her daughter. Abby said some things to Jen that needed to be said. Plus, just so glad it wasn't Dan.

Any fleeting good feelings I had for Abby though were lost with the Chad scene. I see where this is going. No thanks.

Dan and his single tear of manpain. LOL!

Other than finding him quite handsome with the prettiest smile on the show (besides Theresa) I've been a bit neutral on Paul. Haven't been seeing a stalker, etc., like others but man my opinion of him is starting to take a sharp left after he tried to draw parallels between him and Sonny and Jarlena. I resent the hell out of that. Jarlena was during the time when soaps you know, actually wrote character driven pieces and took advantage of what serialized storytelling allowed (abundant history and time) so audiences got to see the development of both the marriage and the affair.  Comparing that to some off-screen relationship with slapped together flashbacks in the new era of tell and not show alone is enough to piss me off but for Paul to justify continuing to pursue Sonny, who has outright said he wants to save his marriage, is bordering on offensive. Just makes Paul look like some entitled juice head jock who thinks he knows what is best for someone else despite their protests to the contrary and the other person need not worry their pretty little head about it. So  yeah, it is looking a little stalkerish. But I also think that Sonny is sending some mixed signals too which is also pissing me off.

• Love 2

I don't know if I'll be able to recap today's show because severe weather going on right now and me with satellite, you know how that is when it's raining and the signal gets loss lol. Suppose to be raining all afternoon and possibly into the night so far.

• Love 1

Take cover Shadow! Wish you could send some rain up to the Boston area -- we're parched, which sounds so odd considering at one point we had 5 feet of snow on the ground : )

• Love 1
(edited)

I have never understood John's dislike of Theresa..I remember John as Roman was super close to Kim. Their relationship never ended even after he was revealed to be the pawn...When Kim came to visit Salem in 1997, she came with Andrew and Jeannie and they loved their uncle John..When did Theresa become so hateful towards John..I hate it when this show changes established relationships to advance the plot..We still have no idea why sweet little Jeannie came back as horrible, nasty Theresa. I hope the new writers can explain it and maybe try to redeem her to some extent because TomSell have done a hatchet job on her. The same goes for Will, Will loved his Granpa John.. They make  it seem like Will has always hated him, when it was not so, before they changed him into a douchebag.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I think I love that Clyde thinks Abby is a "classy lady"--as we see her stroll through Horton Square in her 80's hooker wear of an over-sized shirt and patterned tights.  That's totally a classy outfit for a twenty-something woman.

I also like Rafe's getting concerned over Clyde and his references to Gabby and Ari--very worrying indeed.

And any time a former prostitute refers to another woman as a slut is damn good times--because Kate knows the difference :)

• Love 4

Do you guys think that Clyde would hurt Ari? if he does that, then he is a  surely a dead man..Sonny would kill him without any hesitation....Will should tell Sonny about the threats, instead of obsessing over Paul...

• Love 1

If Clyde hurt Ari, Sami, Kate, Lucas, Sonny, and Rafe are just a few of the people that would be gunning for him.

Ha, ha - -couldn't help but notice you left old ineffectual, fuss-budgety Will out of that list. 

• Love 5

He could not kill EJ when it counted, I doubt he could get rid of Clyde....I hope Sonny does it, just to darken him a bit...It would be a good way to write him out of the show...He kills Clyde and Victor sends him to Greece to hide out....

• Love 1
(edited)

5/26/2015 :)

Kate/Hope/Rafe

Kate is walking through the Square with a gift for Ari and on the phone with Will. Will says that Ari is getting a couple of presents and a cake as he nor Sonny want Kate or anyone spoiling her. She asks about his marriage and Will says they're fine. Kate turns around to see Hope and Hope wants to know what Will was doing in Poplar Bluffs. Kate asks if Hope was eavesdropping which Hope confirms and wants to know why he was there. Kate tells Hope about the article about Clyde and Hope asks if Kate is comfortable with Will writing an article on Clyde. Kate basically evades and tells Hope that Clyde is to her what Aiden is to Hope, her lover.

Hope loves when Kate tries to get her off track and Kate says it's nice that Hope keeps eavesdropping. Kate says she shouldn't be insulting to Hope about her relationship and knows that Aiden is representing Clyde and think that the four of them should get to dinner. Hope says that Kate didn't tell her about how she felt about Will writing the article which Kate says she has to go to the party and tells Kate to think about the dinner and walks off. Hope says that she rather hold her breath until she passes out then do dinner with them. 

Police officer tells Hope that Rafe is at the police station and Hope wants to know why which cop doesn't really know. Rafe enters Hope's office surprised that Ciara would draw a picture for him and Hope says it's a lie as it was a reason to bring him to her office. Hope wants to know why Rafe is here and he's not leaving her office until he tells her. Rafe talks about baseball and payment and Hope thought they were friends as Rafe is lying to her and feels he's there because of Clyde.

Will/Rafe

While on the phone with Kate there's a knock at the door and ends convo with Kate. Rafe comes in with a gift from Gabi which is a dress he hopes Ari would wear. Will go gets Ari and Rafe notices files on Will's computer about Poplar Bluffs and that he warned Will against Clyde and asks if Will is blowing him off. Rafe says he thought he made himself clear and Will says he came home and told Rafe that Clyde told him to write an article and Rafe asks what he found out. Will says just a picture and interviews where nobody would talk about Clyde. Will takes Ari to the couch to go and open gifts.

Will talks to Rafe about Clyde showing up at the apartment and Clyde's remarks about Ari and how prison can be a dangerous place. Rafe asked if Clyde threatened him and Will says that Clyde told him to be safe as all he has is Ari. Will says that Clyde scares the hell out of him. Rafe plays with Ari and asks if Will will take Ari to see Gabi which Will confirms. Will takes Ari to go have lunch as Will takes Ari inside his and Sonny's room, Rafe snoops around on Will's computer before leaving.

Chad comes over and says if it's a bad time and Will says that Ari sleeping he gets to write the article. Chad asks about the article on Clyde and Will wants to know how Chad knows about it. Chad tells Will that DiMera owns Sonix and Will asks was it Chad's idea to write an article on Clyde which Chad says it's more Zoe's idea. Will thinks that Chad is doing it to possibly get Abby back and explains how it could happen.

Will says the article isn't going to pull magazines off the stands as there's no story which Chad wants to know why. Will hems and haws and tries to go and see Ari but Chad wants to know what Will is trying to hide. Will says he'll write an article and be done with it as he has a family. Chad asks if Clyde threatened him which Will says that Clyde doesn't threaten. Chad says that he want all info on Clyde which Will says you got it.

Clyde/Ben

Clyde and Ben are at TBD and Clyde sees that Ben did the name change from his new license and Clyde asks how Abby took it and Ben says that Abby didn't take it well and that she was with Chad. Clyde asks what Abby was doing with Chad and Ben says they were talking and that he had to walk away because he was mad and hasn't talked to Abby since. Clyde tells him to handle it. Clyde says he knows Ben is serious about Abby and if things are tense then Chad can walk right on in. Ben says that he won't let Chad get Abby and Clyde says Abby is classy and Ben knows what he might have to do.

Kate/Clyde

Kate meets with Clyde at TBD, is upset that Lucas is raiding her company and Clyde points out that she took Lucas' job, which Kate says it was business. She wants Clyde to say something and Clyde says when he came to town how Ben didn't want to talk to him and envious of Kate and Lucas and now it's the other way around. Clyde says it's her to blame on what's going on with her and Lucas which Kate says it's not as it's more Adrienne's fault which Clyde orders Kate a dry martini. 

Clyde wants to know who is becoming between her and Lucas and Kate says her name is Adrienne. Makes small chat about her and then she asks about him and Ben. Clyde says it's good and tells Kate about the name change and how he's going to make Will write about Clyde and Ben's reconciliation and it could be a heartwarming peace. Kate thinks so but doesn't know as she's jealous.

Kate tells Clyde that Will is back from Poplar Bluffs which Clyde says he knows. Kate asks if Clyde had Will followed and Clyde says that people contacted him about a city boy being there asking questions about him. Kate says she can't wait to learn about Clyde and Clyde says that Stefano will be shocked to learn that there's nothing to learn about Clyde Weston. 

Chad/Abby/Ben

Abby talks about being self-righteous towards him about his brain tumor and didn't hear him explain why he did it. Chad says it was because he loved her. Chad says it didn't justify what he did to her and Abby says she knew that Chad didn't do it to hurt her. Chad said he should have thought about her happiness and didn't want to screw up her life again. Chad says he's a DiMera and Abby is a Horton and that when it comes to mistakes she's in the little league while he's in the big league. Abby says that Chad is a DiMera by blood and to not let the family curse get to him. Abby's phone vibrates and she says it's the hospital (I'll admit I don't know if Abby said it was the hospital or Chad asking if it's the hospital, but I'm going with the former) and Chad says that Ben can lift her spirits better than he and tells Abby to answer the phone and leaves.

Abby answers and it's Ben who wants to talk right now. They meet at the park and Ben apologizes for acting like a jerk as he thought Abby would be happy about changing his name and Abby says she was just surprised that's all. Ben says that by taking his name the rotten is in the past and shows Abby his license and asks her not to laugh at the photo. She asks if Clyde has seen it and Ben nods his head and Ben says he should have told her what he was doing. Abby said she was gonna call after their fight but thought Ben didn't want to hear from her. Ben says that he found Abby and seen her with Chad.

Abby says she ran into Chad and glad she did because he found out about Kristen's death. Ben says he don't know what he would do if it happened to Jordan and wish he stuck around. Abby says it's fine and Ben asks if things are good between them and Abby says they're great and they kiss. Ben says he's the luckiest guy on the planet and hugs her with Abby having a look on her face.

Theresa/Kim/Caroline/Roman/Anne/Mel

Theresa says she's not going anywhere and Kim asks if that's the right thing to do. Theresa says why would Brady let her leave with Tate and Kim says that she has to do what's best for the baby and that it can't be in Salem in the small apartment and that Theresa needs backup. Theresa says she has backup in the form of Brady's family and Brady which Kim wants Theresa to get real and she tells Theresa that she knows what's going on and knows Brady is with another woman.

Theresa says that she's not blind but her and Brady need to raise Tate together. Kim says she's two weeks shy of her probation ending in California and that a lawyer is talking to a judge to get rid of it due to her circumstances. Caroline and Roman enter which Kim gives her hellos and Caroline wants to know if they came at a bad time which Kim says no that her and Theresa are working things out.

Caroline calls Tate the best looking baby ever. Anne walks in and Theresa wants everyone to leave so they can talk as Anne says they have to discuss Theresa's maternity leave, which everyone leaves. Theresa is happy that Anne showed up and talks about her Kim wanting to ship her off to California. Anne says that her parents can hire help but Theresa doesn't want to go and Anne says that Theresa and Brady won't get back together being miles away. Theresa says she's not staying in Salem for Brady which Anne is skeptical and tells Theresa not to get knickers in a bunch and that Kim isn't a villain for offering her an option. Theresa says Anne is right as Kim is giving her an option.

Anne sees the look on Theresa's face and Anne points out possible flaws in Theresa's plan. Theresa says that Kim has done her a really big favor. Anne wants to know what she's planning until there's a knock at the door and it's Mel. A nurse comes in to tell Theresa that they'll be bringing Tate to the room. Mel says she can come back but Theresa wants her to stay and excuses Anne. Anne leaves. Mel says that Theresa thanked her enough and Theresa says that she's not going to thank Mel.

Nurse leaves and Mel asks what's going on and Theresa says what's about to happen all depends on Mel. (Last scene of the day)

Kim/Brady/Henderson

Kim can't believe she has to step foot in Vic's house and rings the bell which Henderson opens the door. Kim asks for Brady but Henderson tells her he isn't here and invites her into the living room and tells her it'll be a moment. Kim looks around and sees pic of Victor and Maggie. Brady surprises Kim by saying her name and he asks if something is wrong with Tate which Kim says he's fine. She came over to ask about Theresa and wants to tell Brady she's sorry about Italy and happy they got Tate back and says it doesn't repair the damage that Theresa caused him. Brady says they're trying to get past it. 

Kim wants to know what will happen next with Tate & Theresa. Where does Theresa fit in his life.

Mel/Brady

Mel says that she loves Brady and always will and Brady says that's not an answer. Mel tells him to put the ring away and Mel tells Brady that he doesn't have to prove anything to her. Brady says he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Mel asks if he would be asking her to marry him if the thing in Italy didn't happen. Brady talks about Theresa and Kristen and says Mel popped in his life and Brady says that he's not asking her because of Italy.

Brady says he's seeing things more clearly now and how Mel gave him his son back and won't find the words to tell her how much he loves her. He wants to prove and show her that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Mel says her head is spinning and how what Brady says means the world to her but before all the craziness happened, Brady was taking his time and she liked it. Mel says what feels right is for him to spend time with his son. Brady says he can be with the both of them and Mel say Brady makes her feels like she's grown up. Brady calls Mel wise and mature and Mel says she doesn't need Brady coming by and holding her hand as she's fine and she gets him and all she needs right now is a kiss and they kiss.

Brady says he'll put the ring away but the next time he's going to persuade her. Brady says that Tate is going to love her which Mel hopes so. Brady wants a favor of no more space between them and wants her in his life and Mel asks about Theresa. Brady says that Theresa is grateful and feels Theresa has grown up from the experience. Mel says she was thinking about going to the hospital but Brady says he has a conference and Mel says she'll see Tate. They kiss and Brady leaves. Mel grabs her purse and leaves.

--------------------------------------

Rain let up woohoo, still stinky ass weather though lol

I really don't have much to say about this eppy.

Theresa has got to stop with all the scheming. It'll get her in trouble, I know writer wants her to be the next Sami, but her scheming should be coming every now and then and let Theresa be humble for a minute before planning her next scheme.

Hope is just too nosy for my tastes. She's ranking right up there on being annoying. Curiosity killed the cat Hope.

Mr. Rapey and his little Mannequin continue to be dumb calling Jar Jar classy and Mannequin calling himself the luckiest man in the world. Sorry she's no Meryl Streep classy, now if they're saying that she's Jenna Jameson classy then that I will agree with. 

Everyone worried about Sneasel being threatened by Mr. Rapey. Whatever, don't care. They can both kill each other.

Kate come on now, you're the reason why Lucas is upset with you. Granted him sleeping with a married woman is doing Lucas no favors but you did take his job.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

I think I love that Clyde thinks Abby is a "classy lady"--as we see her stroll through Horton Square in her 80's hooker wear of an over-sized shirt and patterned tights.  That's totally a classy outfit for a twenty-something woman.

Yeah WTF was up with that. I barely pay attention to Abby and so I didn't even realize  she wasn't wearing bottoms the whole time she was wearing that dumb shirt and chains around her neck until the party scenes. Did she think the b-day was a costume party? Is that why she was dressed like a reject from a 80's Debbie Gibson video? I know there is such a thing as a shirt dress but usually those came down past the thigh and look like well... dresses. That was legit just a shirt and pantyhose. And that lanky, greasy hair was the icing on the shit cake!

• Love 3

Have you guys checked out the days of our lives Facebook page? It seems like everyone on the Days Facebook pages love Melanie, Melanie/Brady, Maxine, and Daniel and Nicole and it just makes me sick. The Melanie worship over there is enough to make anyone lose their lunch. I'm glad I have this board to come to to let out my frustrations and go on and on how much I hate all of the aforementioned characters and know I'm in good company...

• Love 1

Have you guys checked out the days of our lives Facebook page? It seems like everyone on the Days Facebook pages love Melanie, Melanie/Brady, Maxine, and Daniel and Nicole and it just makes me sick. The Melanie worship over there is enough to make anyone lose their lunch. I'm glad I have this board to come to to let out my frustrations and go on and on how much I hate all of the aforementioned characters and know I'm in good company...

Maybe this should go in the unpopular opinion thread, or maybe I should join the DOOL facebook page (LOL), but I don't hate Melanie.  I'd never seen her earlier times on the show, so my opinion is based on the current storylines only, but she's grown on me.  In fact, from the very beginning I thought she and Theresa should be friends, and it's annoyed me that instead they made them rivals.  Yes, her quirks and tics are weird, but they do make her stand apart from the other women. And she's not Abigail, so that's a plus.   And I think she and Brady are cute together. 

I still HATE, with a passion, Daniel though.  And Daniel and Nicole as a couple.  And Maxine's Melanie love is a bit overdone. So maybe I belong here, afterall. LOL.

• Love 8

Mr. Rapey and his little Mannequin continue to be dumb calling Jar Jar classy and Mannequin calling himself the luckiest man in the world. Sorry she's no Meryl Streep classy, now if they're saying that she's Jenna Jameson classy then that I will agree with. 

This is insulting to Jenna Jameson. 

• Love 2