Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hate the way they pace storylines these days. Belle and Shawn haven't mentioned what happened with Jan since it happened, then today it comes up in conversation, while they're out for drinks, no less, and then guess which prisoner suddenly has an urgent need to see counselor Belle.  Jan, and her belly pillow, of course. 🙄

Really hope that's the end of SarahRenee.

And now we have AllieDevil. Sigh, 

• Love 12

Looked to me like Belle didn't arrive at the Salem Inn in time so I don't know why Belle assumes she did.  Guess that's why there's a saying that assuming makes an ass out of you and me, in this case Belle and Shawn, though Jan's bump looks bigger than 3 months. Maybe she had a coma visitor. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Wish I could heart @FnkyChkn34's post more than once.

LOL, thank you!

And I forgot the Renee/Sarah/Xander/Gwen story, probably for good reason - because I wish the writers would forget it too!  It might be my least favorite, honestly, and that's saying a lot. 

• Love 8

Abigail's exasperation at Anna's moaning over her woes was hilarious. (Although Anna speaks for all of us when demanding the end of this atrocity that is Sarahnee.)

I've hated Gwen less than others here, but her insecurity and jealousy over Sarah is tedious. I'm sure when it all comes to light that she had a hand in Sarah's kidnapping, she will play it off as "Daddy didn't love me, so I didn't know how to love another... blah blah."

• Love 13

So I am guessing that Sarah will fall into an instant coma, Gwen will plan the wedding, Sarah will wake up with all her memories the day of, and Xander will either leave Gwen at the alter or marry her and find out too late Sarah is back on.

Only Ava knows that Gwen knew all about Sarah and didn't care, right? (apart from Kristen but she is off the show and in my head will remain so)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I've hated Gwen less than others here, but her insecurity and jealousy over Sarah is tedious. I'm sure when it all comes to light that she had a hand in Sarah's kidnapping, she will play it off as "Daddy didn't love me, so I didn't know how to love another... blah blah."

Sigh, this. I miss bitchy Gwen. I'm a broken record but for fuck's sake show please just let people be assholes!

I thought LA did a great job as AlDevil and I'm looking forward to more but it will become boring about a week in so Ron, please, just end the Devil stuff already.

I really wish I could believe this Sarahnee stuff was ending but I have no faith. And for me, even if she's Sarah again she's still gonna be annoying as fuck so it's kind of a lose-lose lol.

I was so glad Anna didn't have shoes on in bed.

• Love 10

I don't know which story is the worst.   The devil or Sarah/Renee.   Ron has made the show unwatchable.    The show has had a lot of bad stories over the years but with these 2 stories taking up the bulk of airtime along with Leo I can't watch.    The Leo stuff last week with Chad's ass was offensive.   Ron is 12 yrs old 

• Love 12

I also agree that I hope that Anna injecting Saranee is the end of this tedious, stupid, screechy storyline. Who cares if the drug isn't tested - none of Dr. Rolf's stuff is. Who wants a lifetime of Renee DuMonde? Tony would have to whisk her on a fake honeymoon and check her in to Bayview to get treatment.

I enjoyed Abs and Anna. The roses looked fake.

AlDevil seemed a bit more animated than Allie. She did tip Abs off about things like Christmas and pretty much gave away that Johnny was possessed since then, plus the dead comment when he was laying unconscious on the floor.

Belle and Shawn didn't talk about the Devil's doings until now? Of course she got a call to visit the prison. Jan does look a little more along than 3 months. Maybe the prison food is good.

Gwen, if Sarah gets her life back, she may not want Xander any more and all of your scheming will be for nothing. Sure, you and Xander are sort of two of a kind, but you did some crappy stuff and he may not like that you helped out Ava with the Sarah masks. And you will probably blame it on your daddy not loving you or knowing you as a kid. You are an adult now and can make your own happiness.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Swartz said:

I don't know which story is the worst.   The devil or Sarah/Renee.   Ron has made the show unwatchable.    The show has had a lot of bad stories over the years but with these 2 stories taking up the bulk of airtime along with Leo I can't watch.    The Leo stuff last week with Chad's ass was offensive.   Ron is 12 yrs old 

And Jamey Giddens is another 12-year-old who thinks having characters think they are long-dead other characters is "honoring history".

How I wish Ted and Betty Corday haunted their son, Kenny, every night.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I love Leann Hunley every day she's on and I miss her when she's not.  I can't think of another character I feel that way about currently.  Every line she delivers, every sigh, every silent grimace, all the muttering while Abby was talking to Chad, all of it made me laugh and I appreciate the hell out of that.  Abby and Tony and even Chad did okay, too, but nothing beats Anna Dimera on a roll!

Everyone else, and every other scene should have been locked away in the Dimera secret room, never to be seen or heard from again.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Swartz said:

+1

I totally agree!  Louder for the people in the back! 

• Love 8

First, I'll start with something positive. I will give Ron kudos for integrating the cast more these past couple of weeks. Characters are getting out of their bubbles and interacting with some rather unexpected scene partners. Allie/Abby, Maggie/Tony/Anna, TR/Nancy/Bonnie, Belle/Kate, to name a few. I also noticed we're getting more extras in the background now. Both the Brady Pub and the hospital set had more than three people in the background these past few episodes. The COVID restrictions must be easing.

Sarahnee/Anna/Tony/Gwen/Xander/Maggie: Was Marlena not on the show when Renee was a character? Sarahnee seemed to have no idea who Marlena was when Tony mentioned her. Also, are we to think that Sarah is peaking through with the way she remembers names but not people. Xander/Alex, I assumed both are short for Alexander. Gwen/Gwen, the lawyer vs. the current character. Is this Sarah's actual memory fighting to the surface or is this just more "honoring history" in a way that makes no sense.

Belle/Jan/Shawn: This is total speculation on my part, but is anyone else expecting a baby switch between Jan/Ciara. Two women pregnant at the same time on a soap usually increases the odds. They look like they're sharing the same pillow baby bump. Since Ciara/Shawn are full blood siblings, I expect Days medical science to determine that Shawn is the father of the switched baby. Jan is evil on her own, so she could do this without the Devil's knowledge. If the Devil believes Ciara's baby is dead, it either prolongs the storyline on screen, or it gives Ron an opportunity to reintroduce the Devil as a character once it's determined that Ciara's baby is alive.

8 hours ago, boes said:

I love Leann Hunley every day she's on and I miss her when she's not.  I can't think of another character I feel that way about currently.  Every line she delivers, every sigh, every silent grimace, all the muttering while Abby was talking to Chad, all of it made me laugh and I appreciate the hell out of that. nothing beats Anna Dimera on a roll!

I agree! Since the show loves long lost children, I wonder why the show never gave Anna a long lost child and grandchild. She was off the show for decades, and a child/grandchild in Salem would give her more legitimate and natural reasons to interact with people outside the Dimera bubble. Make the child's father some new character, and the kid/grandkid can date anyone on canvas not spawned from Carrie. 

One of the writers of Days said this Renee Dumonde story is angst for Tanna, but a child/grandchild of Anna would have worked much more effectively.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

First, I'll start with something positive. I will give Ron kudos for integrating the cast more these past couple of weeks. Characters are getting out of their bubbles and interacting with some rather unexpected scene partners. Allie/Abby, Maggie/Tony/Anna, TR/Nancy/Bonnie, Belle/Kate, to name a few. I also noticed we're getting more extras in the background now. Both the Brady Pub and the hospital set had more than three people in the background these past few episodes. The COVID restrictions must be easing.

Agree, that's been refreshing.  I was wondering though if the extras were real extras or simply crew members playing those roles?  While I know Covid restrictions played a factor in some of the seclusion, I also got the impression some of it was budget related, happening even before the pandemic. 

57 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Was Marlena not on the show when Renee was a character? Sarahnee seemed to have no idea who Marlena was when Tony mentioned her. 

Marlena was around back then. Showed up in town years before Renee and didn't "die" till after Renee. But I noticed too that Saranee didn't seem to know of her.

59 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Xander/Alex, I assumed both are short for Alexander. Gwen/Gwen, the lawyer vs. the current character.  Is this Sarah's actual memory fighting to the surface or is this just more "honoring history" in a way that makes no sense.

I figured it was Ron owning stock in one of the internet search engines.  Surely there's been a lot of "googles" for Renee Dumonde, Alex Marshall, Don Craig, and now Gwen Davies for the newer viewers and even memory refreshers for the older ones. 😁

• Love 6

Yep, now I'm sure Ron read and banked all the viewer comments about Sara over the years and went, "They think she's annoying? Wait till they see Saranee!" *maniacal laugh* "They think she talks in a baby voice with Zander?" *grabs pen and writes new scene* "Sarah turns to Maggie and calls her 'mommy.'"  This is his big FU to the viewers. 

Here's hoping 5 year old Sara is less annoying than Saranee. 

For the second day in a row, I'm still wondering why Belle just assumed she walked in "before" and not "after"???  What wife doesn't get clarification on that? Though bump definitely looks more like 5 months than 3.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

God Gwen is awful. I saw pics of her switching syringes but it did not occur to me she would give her ANOTHER dose of the mind fuck one. I don't think there is any redeeming this character

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yep, now I'm sure Ron read and banked all the viewer comments about Sara over the years and went, "They think she's annoying? Wait till they see Saranee!" *maniacal laugh* "They think she talks in a baby voice with Zander?" *grabs pen and writes new scene* "Sarah turns to Maggie and calls her 'mommy.'"  This is his big FU to the viewers. 

I guess it was expecting too much to hope that Sarah was cured.   At least the baby voice will fit the character's "age".  Sigh.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

God Gwen is awful. I saw pics of her switching syringes but it did not occur to me she would give her ANOTHER dose of the mind fuck one. I don't think there is any redeeming this character

I guess if they can redeem the necktie killer, they can redeem anyone.  But Gwen is just getting worse and worse.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I guess if they can redeem the necktie killer, they can redeem anyone.  But Gwen is just getting worse and worse.

If Ollie will unpack his necktie collection and do one more night out on the town and leave us Gwenless, I'll forgive him.

(I really won't forgive him but I'm more than willing to lie my ass off if it gets Gwen 6 feet under.)

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

For the second day in a row, I'm still wondering why Belle just assumed she walked in "before" and not "after"???  What wife doesn't get clarification on that? Though bump definitely looks more like 5 months than 3.

I haven't seen any episodes this week, but by these comments, I'm not looking forward to it! Thank you for the warning. 

I had the same impression as Belle, because they were still making out when she walked in. I guess Shawn was going back for round 2? Usually when they're done, they're done... 

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

They 'redeemed' Ben so, like @buffynut said, they can 'redeem' anyone. Although I would prefer if they would stop 'redeeming' every fucking character. But yea, there was simply no reason to go this far with Gwen. I get having her switch out the cure but having her replace it with another dose of the insanity drug was just stupid.

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Hmmm ... Does Ron or someone on staff come here and read what was said ...

100%.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sarahnee/Anna/Tony/Gwen/Xander/Maggie: Was Marlena not on the show when Renee was a character? Sarahnee seemed to have no idea who Marlena was when Tony mentioned her. Also, are we to think that Sarah is peaking through with the way she remembers names but not people. Xander/Alex, I assumed both are short for Alexander. Gwen/Gwen, the lawyer vs. the current character. Is this Sarah's actual memory fighting to the surface or is this just more "honoring history" in a way that makes no sense.

Belle/Jan/Shawn: This is total speculation on my part, but is anyone else expecting a baby switch between Jan/Ciara. Two women pregnant at the same time on a soap usually increases the odds. They look like they're sharing the same pillow baby bump. Since Ciara/Shawn are full blood siblings, I expect Days medical science to determine that Shawn is the father of the switched baby. Jan is evil on her own, so she could do this without the Devil's knowledge. If the Devil believes Ciara's baby is dead, it either prolongs the storyline on screen, or it gives Ron an opportunity to reintroduce the Devil as a character once it's determined that Ciara's baby is alive.

I agree! Since the show loves long lost children, I wonder why the show never gave Anna a long lost child and grandchild. She was off the show for decades, and a child/grandchild in Salem would give her more legitimate and natural reasons to interact with people outside the Dimera bubble. Make the child's father some new character, and the kid/grandkid can date anyone on canvas not spawned from Carrie. 

One of the writers of Days said this Renee Dumonde story is angst for Tanna, but a child/grandchild of Anna would have worked much more effectively.

They really should've given Tony/Anna a long lost child that came into their lives as adults. I mean if they wanted more Dimeras it makes more sense if they had someone other than Stefano father children(not Chad).

• Love 9
(edited)

So they found a role that Sarah's little girl voice could play.

But if Gwen switched the vials, what did Sarah get?

Edited by RedElf
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So they found a role that Sarah's little girl voice could play.

But if Gwen switched the vials, what did Sarah get?

She gave her another full dose of the original serum. Cause just a placebo would not do she has to mess up Sarah for life 

• Love 1

Hate to say "I told you so", but I told you this SaRenee shit wasn't ending. Because, after ruining GH before coming to Days, I know the hackery that is Ron Carlivati.

Like the horror that was James Reilly, but on steroids.

• Love 2

I firmly believe they got that 2-year renewal and they don't care what Ron does with the show at this point. They are letting him do whatever he wants because after the 2 years, I am pretty sure they will be moving to Peacock, so there is no stopping him now. He will continue to write for his own entertainment and amusement. Ratings be damned!

• Love 10

So Renee is all Gabi's fault. She should have just let Abby inject Gwen like Gwen deserves then she'd never be injected by Kristen. Sarah would be not Renee. 

Gwen deserves to die. Disgusting. 

Chad said how he's Stefano's favorite? Huh? Wasn't it EJ and Lexie? I didn't see anything that showed Chad was favorite. EJ was more the golden. 

Shawn lying about cheating seems unlikely, especially when it wasn't his fault even.

Tony seems to be a jerk to Anna. I would not be surprised if he wants a real divorce to marry Renee. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Chad said how he's Stefano's favorite? Huh? Wasn't it EJ and Lexie? I didn't see anything that showed Chad was favorite. EJ was more the golden. 

Chad is delusional. 

EJ was the child that Stefano groomed as his golden child.

Lexie was his beloved Alexandra.

Chad was the spare that he got a year after Tony "died."

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Chad is delusional. 

EJ was the child that Stefano groomed as his golden child.

Lexie was his beloved Alexandra.

Chad was the spare that he got a year after Tony "died."

Besides, isn't being Stefano's favorite child similar to being the Bubonic plague's star patient, or Bluebeard's favorite wife?

• LOL 15
1 minute ago, boes said:

Besides, isn't being Stefano's favorite child similar to being the Bubonic plague's star patient, or Bluebeard's favorite wife?

Most of Stefano's one time favorite kids ended up getting murdered.

Granted a bunch of them came back to life. 

Some didn't. Renee, Megan, Benji, Lexie, Andre.

Stefan doesn't count as Stefano never knew about him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Why was Tony such a jerk to Anna? The love of his life? Who is putting up with him pretending to be the man he was almost 40 years ago? Pensioner life crisis? What Anna did was wrong, but she did do it out of frustration.

I was unhappy with the end scene showing Gwen switching the syringes. Insecure, needy, nasty woman. Unbelievable that the hospital lab would have no security, someone would just leave the syringe on the table. Surely the hospital camera would pick up Gwen's presence. Xander does not deserve her and no, she does not deserve love right now.

Too bad Gabi didn't let Abs inject Gwen instead. The weird Butterfly effect was that she set this dumb and offensive storyline. Don't care about Gwen and her sob stories. Maybe the Salem tour bus will do the audience a favour.

Maggie over-histrioniced. Yeah, the doctors should flush that drug out of Sarah's system. Now we get even more of Sarah as being baby Sarah. The story is stupid beyond belief.

Shawn and Belle didn't talk about what went down with faux-Belle/Jan? Jan says she's preggers and is certain Shawn Douglas is the proud daddy? I'd be asking for paternity results and send the samples maybe to Canada to have them tested. Jan will be allowed her baby in prison or will it be sent to Shawn Douglas and Belle? Statesvile seems dingy and dark.

Yeah, Jake, bring Ava back to your place that has a bed, a TV, a fridge and maybe a hot plate. Ava has no money? She lived off Rafe for all this time? Surely one of the mob folks can float her a few thousand dollars.

• Love 12

I am just so angry that these psycho women keep injecting Sarah with mind wipe drugs against her will. I don't hate Sarah the way most here do, and I didn't mind Gwen until she found out the truth from Kristen and didn't care, but this is too much.  Starting with Kristen, and that very distasteful climbing into the trunk to be shipped off like garbage, knowing she had no treatment for having her mind scrambled, that Kristen thought it was 'cool' to let her download another person to get her off her back, to Ava's complete disregard for her (for no reason either? What has she got against Sarah), and now Gwen making sure she has ANOTHER dose of the drug to keep her messed up so she can dupe Xander into marrying her. Glad Renee appears to be gone but seeing Sarah like this is just awful. I should add Anna to the list of women victimizing her but at least she was trying to do the right thing by all of us and end this stupid nightmare plot

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Shawn lying about cheating seems unlikely, especially when it wasn't his fault even.

He tried to tell Belle, but her phone rang and she ran to Statesville.  He also tried to tell Rafe (why tho?) and they were interrupted too.  He's not exactly lying, but he's not making a real effort to set the record straight either.  Lie by omission, I guess.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

He tried to tell Belle, but her phone rang and she ran to Statesville.  He also tried to tell Rafe (why tho?) and they were interrupted too.  He's not exactly lying, but he's not making a real effort to set the record straight either.  Lie by omission, I guess.  

I'm pretty sure right after the act he told Belle that he and Jan didn't actually have sex so he did lie.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure right after the act he told Belle that he and Jan didn't actually have sex so he did lie.

He word-smithed it though.  He said something like, "I would never betray you" and let her interpret that how she wanted.

ETA: If you don't mind reading the spoilers thread, there's an article over there where the actor explains it.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yeah, Rafe really had his Gladys Kravitz face on when he was talking to Shawn.  He's such a gossip, and he gives Julie a run for her money when it comes to judging others.

Why Ava didn't make him the major ingredient in her homemade Ziti when she had the chance, I'll never know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

On today's episode, Rafe said "you, me, and the kids" to Nicole.  Are they just giving up and realizing that Nicole is basically Henry's full-time guardian?

I don't get the point in giving Allie a kid especially when it clearly doesn't have lasting consequences. They could've given Eric/Nicole a kid or Shawn/Belle one instead at least they're established couples and there would be a payoff. I say this as someone that doesn't care for either pairing but at least it would mean something.

• Love 8