Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was wondering this, too. I remember watching at some point when Craig and Nancy were around but I don't remember any specifics. Right now Craig is an unlikable dick.

Sort of but he had his love for Nancy which made him somewhat fun and likable even when he was doing hateful things.

That's why making him have an affair with Leo is so destructive to his character.  It took away the thing that made me him fun and likable.

• Love 10

Chad doesn't deserve to get a free pass on his perjury and everything he did to EJ. He lied to get him arrested way before devil was doing anything to him.

Now on top of it he's framing poor Belle, who is blaming herself and letting Lucas get free. Sami left EJ because of Chad. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Chad doesn't deserve to get a free pass on his perjury and everything he did to EJ. He lied to get him arrested way before devil was doing anything to him.

Now on top of it he's framing poor Belle, who is blaming herself and letting Lucas get free. Sami left EJ because of Chad. 

Given the numerous crimes EJ has gotten away with, this is not exactly some miscarriage of justice.

As Kate said, they're not framing Belle, they're framing the devil. If there was ever a time you can use that excuse and get away with it, why not?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was wondering this, too. I remember watching at some point when Craig and Nancy were around but I don't remember any specifics. Right now Craig is an unlikable dick.

4 hours ago, RedElf said:

He and Nancy schemed to get rid of Mike Horton to make Craig chief of staff.

The show soft rebooted Craig and Nancy when Chloe was introduced. Around this time, Mike and Carrie left the show, so they weren't scheming against them anymore. This is also when Nancy began her friendship with Marlena. Chloe brought out a softer side of Nancy and a more protective side to Craig. It wasn't clear who Chloe's father was at first, so Craig/Chloe got into quite a few battles with Craig defending Nancy to a cruel teen Chloe.

Craig/Nancy were very different characters after Chloe's introduction.

I think Craig has reverted to something more similar to his initial character although not as smart. Nancy was never this...um...histrionic. However, this is the type of female character Ron likes to write even though it doesn't actually fit Nancy's history.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

So John Black lets Leo Stark go straight to his son's bedroom? Seriously? He couldn't knock at the door, tell Brady that Leo Stark has dropped by? Brady would then get dressed and go to the living room? I know it was supposed to be embarrassing for Brady and Chloe to have Leo walk in on them, but who does that? And then Leo goes on about the game that Chloe and Brady played, that backfired on them and now he is engaged to Chloe's dad and that Chloe can call him dad? Grrrrrossssss.

Craig, nice way to fire Marlena. She can retire and should retire. Nancy could easily find a better therapist to work with. Dangling the divorce on him is the usual move.

Chad and Kate's plan to distract Belle with files on her computer? How did that happen? Does she have a shared drive that she accesses through work and those files/folder just appeared? They'd be dated. You would need a decent IT person to backdate the files. Belle is smarter than that.

Ciara goes to prenatal yoga class? How does she afford the apartment and the lifestyle she has? The trust fund? Pop pop pays? Convenient that Roman has a cook position and that Clyde actually does have experience. Wonder if there'll be a Kate and Clyde reunion.

EJ knows Clyde's prison burner number? Orpheus can easily be dealt with by the DiMeras. At least his prison time is coming to an end.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think Craig has reverted to something more similar to his initial character although not as smart. Nancy was never this...um...histrionic.

Yes, I can't imagine original Craig simply rolling over on keeping Marlena - even though BOTH Nancy and Marlena should know that he doesn't have the authority to keep her.  If they fired Kayla for not getting rid of Marlena, of course they'd fire Craig too.  I can't imagine him being stupid enough to tell Nancy he was getting married again before she signed divorce papers.  Maybe they're going to do something along the lines of Leo setting up Chad with Nancy.  Make her life such hell in a way that she begs Craig for a divorce.

They're clearly setting up Craig to be unpopular in Salem, which I'm OK with.  I wouldn't mind someone shaking things up a bit for the "good" people of Salem.

Brady was an ass to Philip about Chloe and actively tried to sabotage their relationship.  Yet we're supposed to cheer that Brady got the girl.

Same with Rafe and Nicole.  Clearly, we are supposed to be rooting for them.  While Ava is not a good person, that doesn't make the fact that Rafe cheated on her with Nicole a good look for either of them.

We're supposed to find serial cheater Belle somehow admirable.

I still can't figure out if we're supposed to think Gwen really if just a poor mistreated soul who DESERVES a happily ever after or if we're supposed to think she's sort of like Ava where anything anyone does to her is justifiable.

• Love 5

I watched today for the first time this week, and 2 questions came to my mind.

1. why does TR want to get close with Paulina and Lari/twins?  He's only in Salem because of the movie, has shot Eli, so like what's his motive to convincing them he's changed.  I guess, maybe to hide that he shot Eli, but he was pretending to have changed before that. 

2. why is the devil so interested in everyone but Marlena.  I thought she was the reason he came back to Salem.  I know, now he wants the Cin baby, which is really stupid, unless he plans to possess the baby, which is just all kinds of gross and wrong, and not something Days has the budget to do anyway.

So 2 storylines that started out sort of OK, but have gotten stuck in convoluted offshoots.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7

I see Ali's lines continue to be written by someone with no concept of what a woman Ali's age would be aware of. "I had to think of what it means when you like both men and women. It's called 'bi'... 'sexual'". 

The stupid devil storyline has long since worn out its welcome. Because now it's just Johnny wandering around being an asshole, which is fine (soaps need bad guys), but it has no point concerning the actual devil's doings in Salem.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Brady was an ass to Philip about Chloe and actively tried to sabotage their relationship.  Yet we're supposed to cheer that Brady got the girl.

Except Chloe didn't seem to be into Phillip, anyway. She should have been honest about it.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Chad and Kate's plan to distract Belle with files on her computer? How did that happen? Does she have a shared drive that she accesses through work and those files/folder just appeared? They'd be dated. You would need a decent IT person to backdate the files. Belle is smarter than that.

And Chad is definitely not that person. 

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Orpheus can easily be dealt with by the DiMeras. 

I don't know about that. Orpheus is definitely way smarter than all the Dimeras combined. They can't even figure out that the devil walks among them. Literally. And right now, Tony can't handle a brain scrambled female half his size.  Orpheus could probably don a wig, claim he's Renee from 1983, and Tony would move in with him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

why does TR want to get close with Paulina and Lari/twins?  He's only in Salem because of the movie, has shot Eli, so like what's his motive to convincing them he's changed.  I guess, maybe to hide that he shot Eli, but he was pretending to have changed before that. 

I don't get this either. TR is very poorly written, which is a shame because the actor is so good.

I still enjoy the hell out JoDevil personally. I think it's hilarious that he enjoys just going around mildly inconveniencing people lol. That being said though, this story really needs to fucking end.

I loved Tripp today. Finally, something a little meaty for the actor to play! Also, he and Chanel have more chem than he and Allie or Allie and Chanel have. Allie and Chanel do have some chem but there's just not much of anything else there. Also, the Chanel actress is just SO bad at these dramatic, crying scenes and I continue to wish they wouldn't make her try doing them.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Orpheus can easily be dealt with by the DiMeras. At least his prison time is coming to an end.

The Kiriakises didn't do a very good job of dealing with him when he almost killed Sonny.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

As Kate said, they're not framing Belle, they're framing the devil. If there was ever a time you can use that excuse and get away with it, why not?

Once DOOL uses the "devil made me do it" excuse, it's TOTAL and COMPLETE open season for EVERY SINGLE PERSON in Salem to use that excuse. Doesn't matter if it's a minor/major sin, or even if the person has zero connection to Marlena. 

TR should just admit to shooting Eli and then say he was possessed at the time of the shooting. Ava can say she was possessed when she went around in a Sarah mask. etc. etc.  Seriously, DOOL has already set the standard with illogical, inconsistent storytelling...so having characters admit to bad things can be their "ooopsie" (aka Get Out of Jail) for what they did. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I watched today for the first time this week, and 2 questions came to my mind.

1. why does TR want to get close with Paulina and Lari/twins?  He's only in Salem because of the movie, has shot Eli, so like what's his motive to convincing them he's changed.  I guess, maybe to hide that he shot Eli, but he was pretending to have changed before that.

I think it’s because he’s built up a reputation as a respected professional and doesn’t want that ruined. And, men like TR seem very big on possession. Once he considers you “his” that’s it. In TR’s mind, Paulina is the one that got away who he still wants, so he’s trying to convince her. Lani is HIS daughter and the twins, by extension, belong to him as well and he wants them and he especially doesn’t want someone like Abe to have them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I like Tripp the best calling out Chanel and Allie out. He forgave Allie for rape accusations and how it ruined his life at the time and she can't even give him any truth.

Good for him getting a backbone and calling their lies out. They blame Johnny for telling the truth, I'll take devil Johnny over Chanel & Allie lies and shifting blame.  Allie can't take responsibility for anything, she's got to go after Johnny instead of facing trip. 

Why are Able and TR bringing things to twins home, wouldn't they have their own toys and pacifiers in their house? 

Paulina was so scared of abusive TR she hid her baby and lied for her entire life. Now she's defending him and letting him touch her. She's wow. 

• Love 8

I should have known that Kayla being fired wouldn't be about her.  Instead we get Craig and Leo ad nauseum.     Ron should remember that there are women watching this show and some would actually like to watch stories about women.  Not just crazy OTT women he prefers to write for.

Can't believe that when this show is cancelled it'll be this hack writing the ending 

• Love 10

Good for Tripp calling out Allie and Chanel. Well, JDevil started it but maybe it is a good thing that the demon wants people to be upfront with others and not repeatedly lie. Allie probably should have spent some time with a therapist (and not grandma) to talk about gender, sexual orientation, whether she is bi, or whatever people call themselves now. I am not really up on everything. Before she went back with Chanel. Grieve your relationship with Tripp - see if there is anything there - and then move on.  She will get bored with Chanel and find someone else.

Why is Paulina being so nice to TR? I would not have let him in to the home. He can arange visits with Lani, if he wishes. Interesting find that the dealer wasn't a junkie.

Johnny is playing games with TR's ex-girlfriend? Did Allie actually hear him as the Devil or did she just come up with the he is acting like Satan?

• Love 11

I have to hand it to Show for creating and then showcasing a character like Allie.  She's plodding, pretty dull, not all that bright, casually vicious and self-centered and about as captivating as a rutabaga.  Usually Show makes characters we're supposed to dislike much flashier and over-the-top.

Congratulations to Ron C. on creating characters - Gwen, too, as well as Allie - who are both unrootable and utterly forgettable.  Now, if Allie would so kind as to LEAVE so I can start forgetting she was ever here?

I hope Show is paying Ron C. in coupons for the Food Court at Costco and not actual cash.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, boes said:

Usually Show makes characters we're supposed to dislike much flashier and over-the-top.

Unfortunately, I believe we're supposed to think Allie is just a poor, confused person and excuse all of her behavior.  Because she's not "scheming" she's "good."

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think it’s because he’s built up a reputation as a respected professional and doesn’t want that ruined. And, men like TR seem very big on possession. Once he considers you “his” that’s it. In TR’s mind, Paulina is the one that got away who he still wants, so he’s trying to convince her. Lani is HIS daughter and the twins, by extension, belong to him as well and he wants them and he especially doesn’t want someone like Abe to have them.

That all makes sense.  I do wonder if Ron, though, sees it that way too.

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Unfortunately, I believe we're supposed to think Allie is just a poor, confused person and excuse all of her behavior.  Because she's not "scheming" she's "good."

I like Allie, some of the time.  Gwen, though, can go.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ava's calling Gabi a snake made me laugh--as horrible as many of Gabi's actions have been, she is no where near the level of Ava Vitalli's many crime sprees.

I enjoyed the Gabi/Sonny scenes, especially his pointing out that Gabi will always have Ari, Will, Rafe and Sonny in her corner.  I hope this means Gabi's going to have a non-Jake, non-Dimera Enterprise story soon.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Not much of an April Fools' show. Unless, even though they knew about the Olympics break in advance they didn't plan for it. They were doing Valentine's Day quite a bit after the fact...

If Ron didn't nix it from the schedule, we might end up getting it the day after Easter, based on the Olympic preemptions which has the show 2 weeks and 1 day behind. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Unless, even though they knew about the Olympics break in advance they didn't plan for it. 

They apparently did not know actually. It's been said a few times here that the show was initially not supposed to be preempted for the Olympics.

I didn't even think about this not being an April Fool's ep. The fact that it wasn't makes it pretty clear to me they're quite behind still since I can't see Ron not doing one. I wish we had some solid info on how far behind they are and/or on if they're going to cut stuff to get back on track. This episode did actually seem like a Friday episode with the JoDevil/Allie cliffhanger so I wonder if they're retooling things in editing.

I am SO here for Jake/Ava. 

• Love 6

Based on crime procedural tv shows I've seen, the police test for gunpowder residue as another way to prove a person pulled the trigger.  So Salem PD will just pin Eli's shooting on the drug dealer because he was a drug dealer?!  No testing for residue?  Sheeeesh  - this show!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Based on crime procedural tv shows I've seen, the police test for gunpowder residue as another way to prove a person pulled the trigger.  So Salem PD will just pin Eli's shooting on the drug dealer because he was a drug dealer?!  No testing for residue?  Sheeeesh  - this show!!! 

Never mind the fact that the gunpowder residue testing was a central plot point in the "Sami confesses to killing Charlie" story line. Inconsistencies, thy name is show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

"Where's the brother that I love?"  Even before devil Johnny, they never showed Alli loving Johnny. She's only had hate for him, jealousy and contempt. 

• Love 13

Trask likes to have crimes solved and people rushed through fast trials so she can keep up a conviction rate and keep her job! Of course, no one probably looked for gunshot residue on the junkie's hands/body.

So TR has money problems? That is why he appears as a changed man for Paulina. Maybe the ex girlfriend will eventually come clean.

Allie is supposed to be sunshiney and "good" but I can see her being quite manipulative in terms of getting what she wants. I did like her goading Johnny til the Devil decided to speak up. It was still funny hearing little Johnny scream inside himself.

Why didn't Nicole get some ice for her face too? Don't think Jake and Ava will last that long but it could be a bit more interesting than him and Gabi. Gabi, Sonny, Will and Arianna all have your back.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am SO here for Jake/Ava. 

Me too!  I don't know if they exactly have chemistry, but they've got something. If Show is going to keep Ava around, ditch the lasagna and bring on the scheming.  Jake, finally, was less than his usual sap.

Rafe is just wretched and Nicole is at her most supercilious.  They both chose to befriend Ava, he was in a committed relationship with her and Nicole was her friend and confidante.  Then they both chose to betray her over and over.  They both knew what kind of a person she was, they chose to be her friend and then treated her like crap.  They deserve what they get.  I don't feel sorry for Ava either, but those two can fall right off their high horse, face first.  I'd take Ava over Rafe any day of the week.

I'm rooting for the Devil over Allie!  She's treated Johnnie like crap from Day 1, talked trash to anyone who would listen all the time, all the while accusing innocent people like Tripp, sulking or being angry with everyone but Nicole, and playing kissie face with Chanel and then denying or downplaying it.  So her sudden concern plays as nothing but a load of horse crap.  

Sami shouldn't have such a dullard for a daughter.

• Love 12
On 3/30/2022 at 9:45 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Given the numerous crimes EJ has gotten away with, this is not exactly some miscarriage of justice.

Technically, they're framing the devil but to people who don't believe the Devil exists, this is going to sound like a cop-out like 'the dog ate my homework" and poor Belle will end up behind bars where Lucas, Philip and Chad should be.  

I was really disappointed in the Lucas kidnapping storyline as I though Lucas was better than EJ but he's just as immoral.  Seriously, Lucas is an idiot putting his freedom etc. at risk just to have Sammi!?

• Love 4

Is anyone else hating this TR storyline???

I am not happy that people are willing to overlook TR's transgressions just because he said he's a changed man.  People will say anything to get what they want.😏

It's one thing for some stranger to believe TR's story of how he's a changed man but I personally think it's TOTALLY ridiculous that Paulina would buy his b***s***!  This the man that would whip your a** seven days a week, someone that you was so dangerous you hid the child you had with him and let her be raised by your sister.  Yet, here she is giving this lying, scheming, murdering jerk the benefit of the doubt and even let him hug her!!! Both Lani's and Paulina's willingness to trust TR makes no sense because if a man put his hands on me that is something that I would NEVER forgive or forget. We all know the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". 

Frankly, If Paulina gets involved with TR again she derves whatever she gets.  

• Love 9

Can someone please give the people of Salem a freaking clue when it comes to the devil!!!😠

How is it that people on this show never seem to see the clues right in their faces when it comes to people who are possessed by the devil???!!!😕

I was so happy when Ben and Ciara figured out Johnny was the devil...until they heard that Belle was possessed.  I guess they forgot about how it was Johnny that came over to their apartment and delivered the cross...that kept turning upside down

Johnny was never an angel but ALL his vicious and malicious behavior hasn't made anyone think about his actions??? He's basically doing the same thing Marlena did when she was possessed: going around and stirring up trouble and causing harm and destroying relationships.

As I said earlier cluelessness abounds when it comes to the devil on this show.  Both John and Marlena noticed that Belle didn't respond when John was reading from the Bible to exorcise the devil but NEITHER of them noticed that Belle suddenly became really responsive once Johnny put his hand on Belle's ankle when John was doing his so-called exorcism???  All three of these people are supposed to be at the top of their game in their professions; super spy, psycologist and super cop and yet they can't see what is right in front of their faces.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, boes said:

Rafe is just wretched and Nicole is at her most supercilious.  They both chose to befriend Ava, he was in a committed relationship with her and Nicole was her friend and confidante.  Then they both chose to betray her over and over.  They both knew what kind of a person she was, they chose to be her friend and then treated her like crap.  They deserve what they get.  I don't feel sorry for Ava either, but those two can fall right off their high horse, face first.  I'd take Ava over Rafe any day of the week.

This. Nicole is coming off so terribly in this story. I feel like Nicole just kinda sucks and/or is pointless as a character in general though tbh.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, littlefingers116 said:

All three of these people are supposed to be at the top of their game in their professions; super spy, psycologist and super cop and yet they can't see what is right in front of their faces.

Cataracts.  It would explain a lot, and it's age appropriate.  I'm in that age range myself so I know of which I speak.

So that, and, they're all dumb as box of rocks.

I hate to see what would become of Salem if they ever end up suffering from extended constipation.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, boes said:

If Show is going to keep Ava around,

So, I read that as "SLEEP Ava around," which is what I guess they are doing. Didn't Jake work for her in PA when he first showed up?

I agree that the Salemites, who have vast experience with demonic possession, seem to be incredibly blind to the current circumstances. But, I forgot - these are the same people who have sex with people wearing masks who are not even close in physical appearance to the person they think they are with. Again, after they know that someone has access to a mask wardrobe, no one tugs on their face, just be be sure? Especially John and Marlena who have been through this before (and before that) and have experienced demon-hopping, to not question EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Dumb dumb dumb.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Nicole/Ava/Rafe: What was the point of Ava framing Rafe when 99% of the storyline was offscreen? Don't get me wrong, I don't care about the storyline, but it just makes it all the move obvious that Rafe is a character no one cares about. It didn't impact anyone on the show, no one but Shawn and maybe Eli commented on it, and the show only brought in Trask at the very beginning and did nothing else with her. It honestly feels like filler.

Gabi/Jake/Sonny: I wish the show explored Gabi/Jake/Stefan more. It felt out of left field for Jake to suddenly feel like he's simply a replacement Stefan when we've never gotten that from him before. Also, are we supposed to forget how horrifically Jake treated Gabi when he was with Kate. Speaking of Kake, are we supposed to forget that Kate is the one who was originally trying to turn Jake into a mogul so he'll be more presentable to her. I also thought Gabi/CB did a terrible job with nuSonny. The chemistry was off and the acting was just not good. The scene also highlighted how few connections Gabi has on canvas now. Will/Rafe/Sonny, I won't count Ari since she's still a child. Will isn't on canvas. I've never been convinced that Rafe/Gabi have a good relationship. Sonny just returned. Oh well, maybe the show will continue to explore Johnny/Gabi.

Eli/Lani/Chanel/Rafe/TR/Paulina: I wish the show would actually show us this alleged great friendship between Eli/Rafe/Shawn. They keep telling us they are great friends, but I struggle to think of any scenes with the three establishing this. It's odd that the same way the show has no use for Horton men; it also has no use for male police officers. I guess that's why Lani is treated as an important character. More important than Shawn at this point. I also like TR's ex girlfriend whose name I can't remember. She has a very easy chemistry with everyone, and she and TR do a good job of selling an extended history together. Unlike Paulina, I also think the actress balances being worried in scenes alone with TR with a general sense of strength. I wouldn't mind if she's added to the cast. Maybe she could have a son for Lani.

Allie/Johnny: I see a lot of people here don't like Allie, but I'd say she's actually my favorite new character of the last two years and of the teen set. She's nothing like Sami, but I think that's a good thing. Will became anchored by his connection to Sami in a detrimental way. Johnny is too tied to the actions and memory of preSORASED Johnny. Allie feels like a character with history who stands on her own two feet. I know it seems obvious to compare her to Belle or Carrie or Marlena, but I actually think she reminds me most of WN's Roman from the affair storyline, which I think makes sense because I thought teenaged Sami was a lot like him, too. That's when I started watching Days. She's fiery, quick tempered, combative, observant, but she also has a maturity that simmers her down and a self awareness to admit she's wrong. These are two things teen Sami and even adult Sami to a lesser extent lack. I also think she has chemistry with everyone she connects with but Tripp. If we were in a different time like the 80s or the early 90s, I think she would be a compelling lead heroine. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. Nicole is coming off so terribly in this story. I feel like Nicole just kinda sucks and/or is pointless as a character in general though tbh.

I had always thought so ever since Eric first met her all those years ago.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, littlefingers116 said:

Is anyone else hating this TR storyline???

I am not happy that people are willing to overlook TR's transgressions just because he said he's a changed man.  People will say anything to get what they want.😏

It's one thing for some stranger to believe TR's story of how he's a changed man but I personally think it's TOTALLY ridiculous that Paulina would buy his b***s***!  This the man that would whip your a** seven days a week, someone that you was so dangerous you hid the child you had with him and let her be raised by your sister.  Yet, here she is giving this lying, scheming, murdering jerk the benefit of the doubt and even let him hug her!!! Both Lani's and Paulina's willingness to trust TR makes no sense because if a man put his hands on me that is something that I would NEVER forgive or forget. We all know the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". 

Frankly, If Paulina gets involved with TR again she derves whatever she gets.  

This is why Ron should never do topical issues.  He makes a mockery out of them.  Domestic violence is so complex especially for the person who is being abused.

I think it is a bit harsh to say that Paulina deserves to be abused just because she falls for TR's bs again.  Abusers often have a psychological hold on their victims.  It takes a person a long time to escape their abuser.  Also a woman is in danger of being killed by her abuser when she is trying to leave. It is not easy for a woman to leave, especially when she has children and is dependent on that man who is abusing her and has isolated her from her loved ones.

What is in Paulina's background that made her susceptible to TR in the first place.  What about TR? did he grow up in an environment where he saw men abusing women and did that shape his mindset on how to treat women.. A better writer could have filled in the blanks because Ron is a hack..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think it is a bit harsh to say that Paulina deserves to be abused just because she falls for TR's bs again.  Abusers often have a psychological hold on their victims.  It takes a person a long time to escape their abuser.  Also a woman is in danger of being killed by her abuser when she is trying to leave. It is not easy for a woman to leave, especially when she has children and is dependent on that man who is abusing her and has isolated her from her loved ones.

While I do agree with you, for me, the issue is that we don't know or like Paulina enough (many of us) to care about her or her story. She was just thrust on us as an over-the-top character who lied to and hurt people we DO like. She managed to live her life making sure that Lani was not around her abusive father, and Paulina made a good life for herself. 

Since Re-Ron doesn't care at all about telling true stories of abuse, it will just continue until Paulina is in danger again and then Abe will have to come and rescue her and probably kill TR. Or maybe Lani will. Either way, he is just going to write that someone who was a strong woman now needs to be protected instead of taking care of herself, as she has done.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

While I do agree with you, for me, the issue is that we don't know or like Paulina enough (many of us) to care about her or her story. She was just thrust on us as an over-the-top character who lied to and hurt people we DO like. She managed to live her life making sure that Lani was not around her abusive father, and Paulina made a good life for herself. 

Since Re-Ron doesn't care at all about telling true stories of abuse, it will just continue until Paulina is in danger again and then Abe will have to come and rescue her and probably kill TR. Or maybe Lani will. Either way, he is just going to write that someone who was a strong woman now needs to be protected instead of taking care of herself, as she has done.

Fair enough, I get the Paulina hate because she is over the top, her stories have been poor and not to mention that Jackee is a limited actress but it just bothers me that whenever a man does something wrong that  it is always a woman being blamed and shamed. I am just over it..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

I like Paulina. I think she's a fun character.  I'll admit, I wish they'd show her a little more skeptical of TR, but I can also see where she wants to believe TR has changed.  What bugs me about this storyline is that Ron showed TR's hand to the audience too soon. He missed a good opportunity for suspense and engagement if the viewers were trying to figure out if he had changed or not, if the viewers didn't know for certain that TR was Eli's shooter, and if the viewers didn't know TR's true intentions.  But we know TR's still a drug user, abuser, manipulator, and Eli's shooter. We know he doesn't really want to make amends with Paulina; he wants her money.  Ron really sucks at crafting a good story even when he has plenty of pieces to make it work. As usual, he started off with potential and ruined it on the execution. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Didn't Jake work for Ava in PA when he first showed up?

Jake definitely worked for the mob in Philly so he must have had contact with Ava but I can't remember exactly what was said about their relationship during that time.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2022 at 2:28 AM, littlefingers116 said:

Technically, they're framing the devil but to people who don't believe the Devil exists, this is going to sound like a cop-out like 'the dog ate my homework" and poor Belle will end up behind bars where Lucas, Philip and Chad should be.  

Maybe in the real world, she might still go to jail but if Marlena has gotten away with her crimes while possessed, Belle can when she was “possessed.” Besides, I think if she did get in trouble, Chad would admit the truth. The only reason he agreed with Kate’s plan is blaming the devil is a victimless crime.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:48 AM, littlefingers116 said:

Both Lani's and Paulina's willingness to trust TR makes no sense because if a man put his hands on me that is something that I would NEVER forgive or forget. We all know the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". 

I can see Lani’s willingness a little easier. First of all, she’s super stressed, so her guard is down. Plus, the only info she has about TR is secondhand from Paulina. Paulina is a little harder to see. I actually admire her desire not to be a hypocrite - since she’s been forgiven for things - and redemption is possible. But as she told TR earlier, it takes time and effort. It should not have already reached the point where she‘s quasi defending him to Abe and she should definitely not be hugging him already.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:05 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I wish the show would actually show us this alleged great friendship between Eli/Rafe/Shawn. They keep telling us they are great friends, but I struggle to think of any scenes with the three establishing this

Last year, there were a few scenes were poor Eli was Rafe’s sounding board and listened to him about his feelings for Nicole and had to hear about damn stupid Duke.

• Love 4

My hubs just posed a very good question--if Kayla got fired for not firing Marlena, how is Craig going to keep the Chief of Staff position if he's being manipulated by Nancy to not fire her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

To much slapping going on In the world.  
 I can see why Paulina‘s mom made the plan for Lani.  It’s clear that Paulina doe not use good judgement with TR.   he really know how to manipulate her and it’s sad.  
   Rafe came across like he may know something with TR and Eli shooting.  I hope he does and is not just playing dumb cop.  
    Nicole and Rafe are gross. Ava gave him plenty of times to tell her his real feelings.  
Jake looked cute today. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

My hubs just posed a very good question--if Kayla got fired for not firing Marlena, how is Craig going to keep the Chief of Staff position if he's being manipulated by Nancy to not fire her.  

I asked that same question. There is no answer is there?

• Love 4

If they fired Craig he could sue for discrimination and win a big law suit.   
Craig will win a lot of money. He is still married to Nancy so she fight him for the money.   Leo is furious because he thinks the money should be his.  

• Love 1

I fell a few weeks behind, and then caught up last week.  Here's my rant:

I'm wickedly bored again by the whole show.  The entire devil story just needs to end.  They never should have revisited it in the first place.  I don't care whose body is hosting the devil and which actor/actress is trying to pull off the double personality thing - it's not working.

TR/Paulina/Lani/Eli/Abe - snoozefest.  They put the best actor among that group in a coma and he's still the best actor just sleeping.  Paulina serves no purpose other than comedic relief and I have never liked Lani.  Poor Abe, underutilized as always.

Rafe/Nicole/Ava/(Jake) - umm... whatever.  Rafe sure went to trial really fast, didn't he?  And did they even give a reason why he was acquitted?  I've never liked Ava, either as a villain or as a reformed housewife cooking in the kitchen.  She's just a lame character, imo, and needs to leave altogether.  Not that Rafe is that great, I don't hate him like others do, but she sure dragged him down even further than he was before.  Nicole has never been a favorite of mine either.  I never understood her point and it seems that the writers don't either.

Johnny/Allie/Chanel/Tripp - I'm team Tripp on this one.  He might be plain vanilla, but he's a nice guy and doesn't deserve to be lied to by the girls or mocked by JoDevil.  

Dimeras/Gabi/Kate/Belle - I'm just lumping all of these people together and going to give them a "huh?" rating.  I hate Gabi (that's not a secret) so I hate her getting what she wanted at Dimera, but then I also laughed when she's lamenting to Sonny about being all alone.  Good.  It's what she deserves - she's run everyone off in the name of greed and ambition.  So what does she expect?  I can't figure out EJ and Chad; either hate each other or don't.  Is the wishy-washy-ness of their sibling relationship supposed to be "deep and complex" writing?  They are decent actors who need better material.

Craig/Nancy/Brady/Chloe/Leo - No one needed the Craig/Leo pairing, did they?  Does anyone actually like them together?  We also didn't need Chloe's parents back at all.  They were just fine as the off-screen babysitters.  At least Chloe and Brady are finally together... LOL.  Kayla is actually one of my favorite characters, and she's being screwed over for no reason.  More poor writing.

Shawn/(Sonny)/everyone else that gets no screen time - can we please get better writing for these characters and then see them more?  IMO, Shawn should be one of the leading men of the show if he's going to be back in Salem, but he's just a background character.  If that's the actor's choice, then fine, but I think it's awful writing.

Final observation - Ciara's fake baby bump clearly looks like a pillow.  Not like I could take her character very seriously before, but now I really can't at all.

• Love 6