Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Word times a million.

Soaps use it way too much and I cannot remember the last time they did it right. I mean, there was Marty on OLTL in the 90s. Liz on GH in the 90s. Was the 90s it as far as a decently written rape story? Todd on OLTL became a regular fixture but his 'redemption' (so to speak because he was never, ever written as a legitimate hero on that show; and his rape victim never forgave him either) was long, drawn out and resulted in him still being hated by the majority of the town. Plus, he remained a glorious fuck-up until the end..

Well that's not precisely true. Let's not forget the godawful Stockholm syndrome Rapemance plot( no amount of brain bleach gets that stain out). Although, point taken. Todd and Marty behaved a bit like Jack and Kayla, keeping a certain social distance from one another until it got more recently rectonned into an offensive rapemance mess. (Although I suppose they undid that with rapemance Todd turning out to be Special Needs Victor. So really, Marty just got raped anew by an entirely different imposter while he romanced her brain damaged self. Ughhhhhh.)

• Love 1

Well that's not precisely true. Let's not forget the godawful Stockholm syndrome Rapemance plot( no amount of brain bleach gets that stain out). Although, point taken. Todd and Marty behaved a bit like Jack and Kayla, keeping a certain social distance from one another until it got more recently rectonned into an offensive rapemance mess. (Although I suppose they undid that with rapemance Todd turning out to be Special Needs Victor. So really, Marty just got raped anew by an entirely different imposter while he romanced her brain damaged self. Ughhhhhh.)

Well, that was NOT a good rape story so I stand by my words. Also, that wasn't Todd. We all thought it was at the time and it absolutely ruined the character for me until the original returned and was horrified and disgusted by what the imposter had done. AND Marty had amnesia... When her memory returned she was horrified and disgusted as well... The tried to goad him into a suicide that almost worked and all that. It was an utterly disgusting piece of 'storytelling' -- NOT a good or honest depiction of rape or anything.

And I, personally, am thrilled that Todd and Marty didn't interact when the original returned. There was always a level of ick in their interactions and the way various writing teams tried to suggest that his leading a gang rape other somehow gave her special insight into him or what have you. The initial storyline was good... Well done and respectful of what had happened. Afterwards... That a different story altogether.

• Love 3

Eve getting pregnant never occurred to me. My first thought was Eve is going to accuse JJ of rape.

Good grief, she was once (platonically) married to JJ's FATHER. 23 years ago. The are more layers of gross here than a layer cake. (Though I don't understand why Eve now hates Jack so much. They got along (more or less). It was Jennifer that Eve hated. Eve and Jack just playfully snarked barbs at one another with no hard feelings. (But then again Jack saved Kayla's and Steve's lives more than once, publicly defended Kayla in the press when she was wrongfully accused of murder, killed his own father to save Kayla and Steve on during their second wedding when Harper had them centered with a snipers rifle, and helped bring star crossed Kayla and Steve back together more than once... And yet, despite dying to save his daughter, he apparently never did anything ever except be a horrible boogie man to terrorize his son over. Apparently theres no limit to the coals Jack's corpse can be dragged over for current stupid plots)

Really, what did Jack ever do to Eve to earn Eve's ire? Help her gain Nick Corelli's money by platonically marrying her and giving her an annulment?

Edited by shipperx
  • Love 2

I love Chad for putting Rafe in his place. Rafe walks around holier than thou looking down at Dimeras, when his  sister committed more attempted and murders than Dimera's Chad and EJ.

And what did Chad do to Gabi? Gabi assisted in blowing up the town and assisted in kidnapping of Melanie. Chad knew and kept it quiet because Gabi and Nick blackmailed him with charges. The Herdandez name being thrown in Rafe's face was awesome.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

It's unfortunate that Kayla on gets screen time when the Unwashed Hippie, Lima Bean, or Abifail are involved. 

Not sure where Rafe gets off saying he doesn't want Chad hurting Tamiflu. I guess he forgot that he's the one who hurt her by cheating. And what exactly has Chad done that warrants this level of scrutiny? Rafe is just mad because Tamiflu doesn't want his raggedy ass anymore. 

I'm sure Sonny is going to regret letting Abifail's boyfriend move into that apartment.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

Since Abigail loves doling out advice, can't she suggest to Ben to grow out his eyebrows? Please, Abigail, do something I can approve of!

Ben should have kept his whining about Chad to himself. You're giving Abigail the excuse she needs to let you go.

Bummer that they had to make the guy from North and South such a weirdo. I can tolerate all kinds of other strange things from men on soaps, but NOT THAT.

Chad and Jordan have good chemistry. Which means I'm probably going to be stuck with Chad and Abigail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Oh Sonny, "EJ took advantage of AbiFail and she didn't deserve to lose her job over morality clause." WTF?? Now they're dumbing down Sonny, when Sonny was objectionable to the whole thing and saw both sides of the fence. Writers really need to stop or do they have selective amnesia when it comes to writing for AbiFail & Dingy Hippie?

Then AbiFail tries to be a physical therapist saying that Grimace wouldn't recommend such and such. How the fuck would she know what Grimace would recommend? Did AbiFail pass the National Physical Therapy Examination? Did AbiFail get a DPT degree?

Does Paul have to flirt with every damn woman that walks into his room except for Anne? Makes him unlikable so far especially flirting with AbiFail and Grimace.

BOllie gets a new set, just so he can take his turn in AbiFail's penis fly trap.

Good for Chad to call out Spider Lashes on his family. People in Salem just act so high and mighty.

I did love JL's performance today, why she isn't a lead is beyond me? Thank goodness Theresa called Dumbass out on his double standard that is so present in today's world. When a woman sleeps around she's labeled a slut but a man sleeps with everything that walks and he's a stud and he hasn't slept with real winners. Guys who calls a woman a slut yet sleeps with a slut, what does he think that makes him? It shows he doesn't have standards.

I never mention Hope and Aidan because they're so boring to me still. Don't care.

• Love 7

Brady's contempt for Teresa strikes me as incredibly bizarre since he's held both Kristen and Nicole in high esteem.  Nicole stole his sister's baby, and Kristen raped his brother, and if he can find a way to be polite to them, I don't get why the rudeness to Teresa is on a completely different level.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 9

I think it's funny that we all try to rationalize terrible people with even worse choices, haha!

I remember Galen (Rafe) from Passions and he's kinda ehh here. I liked him and Sheridan in Passions (diff discussion I know) but still, he was so lame with Chad today. I don't know his family well but I liked the beatdown Chad gave him, really sold it too, without being snotty, just real.

And Theresa and Brady are just annoying. I'm glad someone called Brady out, hypocrisy is a must around Salem. 

I don't know who this guy is with Hope, all I can think of is him being on 90210 and he still looks good. 

I like Nicole but the pixie cut, I'm ehhh to. I liked her when she had the longer hair but I like how she said all schemes end up being exposed, ain't that the truth! 

Chad is awesome, Abigail is ehh, she and Ben are boring! And Jordan was cool about the sports stuff. I'm a Sox fan myself so I liked the little convo she had with the baseball dude. Is he around for the long haul?

• Love 4
Brady's contempt for Teresa strikes me as incredibly bizarre since he's held both Kristen and Nicole in high esteem.  Nicole stole his sister's baby, and Kristen raped his brother, and if he can find a way to be polite to them, I don't get why the rudeness to Teresa is on a completely different level.

Only difference I can see in Brady's mind is those acts weren't done directly to him, whereas Theresa's lie let Brady think he nearly killed his father. I still don't think he feels all that bad about Eric's rape, except that it ruined his wedding. Plus, and I probably shouldn't bother acknowledging it since nobody on the show does, she's the one who kept insisting on getting him back on coke when alcohol wasn't cutting it for her anymore. Ultimately the onus is on him, but she was certainly the enabler and never at any point had his best interests at heart despite claiming to care about him. So really, he owes her nothing AFAIC. She'll probably just go back to torturing JJ once she and Brady are through for good.

Now, why he continues to forgive Kristen is beyond me.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 3

I don't think Brady necessarily owes anything to Teresa. But I thought his assumption that she was carrying another man's child was weird since he never seems to suspect Kristen of anything whatsoever. If he would put on his thinking cap for the other women he's been with I wouldn't necessarily fault him for jumping to the conclusion he did about Teresa (based on her general character and history of lying, not because I endorse such mysogynistic implications). But since I doubt he'd ever jump to that conclusion about Kristen, and she's way more capable of doing that sort of thing (probably even going to great lengths to conceive a child from rape), I find his suspicions about Teresa to be out of left-field for him based on how danged stupid he's been with the other women he's slept with.

I suppose the logic I'm following is that if he can be the dumbest man in the universe when it comes to Kristen, everybody else on the planet who is female should probably get an even bigger benefit of the doubt from him.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Have yesterday and today to catch up on, just starting Monday's show and already I am literally GAGGING with the Ollie scenes.  I just cannot stand this character and quite frankly the actor either.  He should be on the Jersey Shore, nothing even remotely hints of southern in him. 

• Love 2

A couple of interesting story points today, Theresa calling Brady out as a slut, and Chad desecrating the holy Hernandez name,

Paul doth flirt too much with teh ladiez.

Jordan was cool about the sports stuff. I'm a Sox fan myself so I liked the little convo she had with the baseball dude. Is he around for the long haul?

He was at Day of Days this weekend, so he's on for at least four or five more months, I think he's on contract.  There was a report that they're casting his mother, too.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Can someone explain BOllie & Grimace's past for me just a bit. Especially Grimace, how could she be a physical therapist if she was on the run and having all them multiple identities? Do you know how long it takes to be a physical therapist, about 7 years give or take. If she was on the run from Clyde with BOllie in tow I don't understand how she could go to medical school. Don't think a medical school would appreciate her changing schools so much and her having to pay all that tuition with whatever money she stole from Clyde and to keep a roof over their heads and all that. I mean she couldn't have kept the Jordan Ridgeway alias for 7-8 years to enroll in medical school since she was on the run and changing her name constantly with all them IDs she has stored in the box. Something just seems off about that.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

Physical therapy requires undergrad and grad school, I think 6 years total, but no med school.  But you easily found the huge hole in this story.  They were both on the run, changing aliases frequently AND she went to school and got her degree as Jordan Ridgeway.  Ollie seems to have been on his own for quite a while, but he was a minor.  

• Love 2

Can someone explain BOllie & Grimace's past for me just a bit. Especially Grimace, how could she be a physical therapist if she was on the run and having all them multiple identities? 

I'm assuming that Grimace got her degree from the Malibu Barbie Institute of Advanced Studies and Nail Salon, the same place Cameron got his medical degree and Sneasel got his journalism degree.  It's amazing what they can accomplish with three months of online study, isn't it??  (And yet, all three of these are more believable in their jobs than Jar Jar is in hers).

Abigail gets her job back and five minutes later starts gossiping about patients.At least she didn't try to have sex with him, I guess. (I guess she has to learn first if he has a significant other).

But as Kayla so gushingly put it, "You're SO GOOD at your job!"  Man, she is excellent, isn't she?  Jar Jar just grabs that clipboard and goes in to talk to a patient who donated a shitload of money to the hospital but doesn't bother to find out ONE SINGLE THING about him?  THIS is what a woman who is "so good" at her job does?  Only in HortonHasAHooHaw Land.  Batting those walleyes at the patient while she felt herself up in her leatherette skirt made her look even more like Ms. Poekemon than usual.  

Yep, she's a real catch.  If you're a hobbit.  Which explains Ollie.

Brady's contempt for Teresa strikes me as incredibly bizarre since he's held both Kristen and Nicole in high esteem.  Nicole stole his sister's baby, and Kristen raped his brother, and if he can find a way to be polite to them, I don't get why the rudeness to Teresa is on a completely different level.

And speaking of Hobbits, there's Brady!   It was so good to see the Brady I loathe and scorn in full Brady mode again.  Nothing says Dumbass to me quite as much as the way he delights in insulting and slandering and getting all Neanderthal with whatever woman is handy.  I know Theresa has done some bad stuff, but I'll take her over him any day of the week.  He actually had the gall to blame her for him giving into his addiction and treating his family and friends like crap.  Brady obviously doesn't pay a lot of attention to his AA meetings after he's cleaned off the cookie platter, because accepting responsibility is paramount.  

This entitled, narcissistic, self-involved stupid little bully is just such a turd.

It was lovely, though, to have Theresa spell out his hypocrisy so beautifully, even though I'm afraid she made more sense than he could possibly comprehend.

Not sure where Rafe gets off saying he doesn't want Chad hurting Tamiflu. I guess he forgot that he's the one who hurt her by cheating. And what exactly has Chad done that warrants this level of scrutiny? Rafe is just mad because Tamiflu doesn't want his raggedy ass anymore. 

I'm sure Sonny is going to regret letting Abifail's boyfriend move into that apartment.

Remember on yesterday's show, when Kate and Chad were sparring, that Kate said it was hard to understand how someone as SMART AS RAFE could get involved with Tamiflu?  All I could think when she said that was how it's not that long ago that Kate and Sami discussed exactly how...less than bright...Rafe really is.  And there was our boy with the pretty eyelashes proving them right one more time!  Chad laid it out pretty perfectly that the Hernandez clan isn't exactly a paragon of anything, much.  And poor Rafe just stood there, blinking, clenching his fists and probably stomping his hooves.  The guy is pretty but honest to God should someone this dim be carrying a firearm??

I really enjoyed Nicole today.  I know that Aiden and Hope are end game, but I'd rather see Nicole give Aiden a try than see her back with Daniel again.

I think you're right about Sonny regretting letting Ollie have that apartment.  He's going to be clogging the drains with that full body shave he must do on a daily basis.

And now that Abigail has shown up, I foresee both a huge water bill AND a broken shower.

• Love 9

Chad trying to call out Shut Up Rafe! was almost as pointless as Sonny setting boring BOllie up in that granny flat. Didn't Sonny try to fire Pron's waxed ass a couple of days ago? Why are they dumbing Sonny down like this? Why is Chad at all?

• Love 1

I'm assuming that Grimace got her degree from the Malibu Barbie Institute of Advanced Studies and Nail Salon, the same place Cameron got his medical degree and Sneasel got his journalism degree.  It's amazing what they can accomplish with three months of online study, isn't it??  (And yet, all three of these are more believable in their jobs than Jar Jar is in hers).

LMAO!  At that one, and what also amused me is how once she got serious with Rafe, all of a sudden the glasses went bye-bye and a whole new wardrobe appeared.  It's as if soaps think that no guy in his right mind would want to seriously be with someone who wears glasses etc.  She transformed into a whole new person...still a horribly boring person but so different looking (except for the shit cramp looks she always has on).

I can't wait for the hillbilly family to leave, although Clyde doesn't bug me, probably because he can act.  The other 2 are just wasted space.

• Love 2

I like seeing a male villain since Stefano is sadly so absent and inert lately, but Clyde being a molestor into incest really is too much.  He could have been interesting with Kate, but ahhh well.

bantering, I am equally perplexed at Brady suspecting Theresa after being so dense for so long with Kristin.  But then I am even MORE perplexed at how now Kristin is physically capable of carrying a baby to term.  Really - can anyone make sense of that for me?

Is ED gone for good now too?

Kristin, Sami, EJ and Jawn all gone...and none of them had good writing on the way out either....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I am finding it difficult to understand who is being talked about sometimes, maybe scale back a little on the nicknames? Posts with a lot of unrecognizable names I tend to scroll right past and I am maybe missing some interesting stuff, though if I don't know who is being referred to...

• Love 5

Loved Chad telling Rafe that his family isn't as great as he thinks they are & that he's not to blame for anything Gabi did. - I just love that because he's a Dimera - he's EVIL. 

I do think Sonny's going to regret helping out Bollie

And can people stop acting like Abifail is some sweet innocent thing that didn't deserve any of the backlash she got?   

I did enjoy Theresa yelling at Brady but am still hoping that she gets far away from him  - he sucks the life right out of her.    I hate that she's so needy when she's around him.

I do like Aiden & Hope but they've taken way too long to find out Aiden's secret (although I'm guessing the only reason they think he killed his wife is because he was having an affair with Bree when she died)

And please please please don't stick Nicole with Dr. Tan - I'd like to see them try her with Rafe - they actually have good chemistry.

And I do like Clyde (even if I do hate that they've turned him into a rapist) - I do wonder if anyone will ever find out that he's the reason that EJ's dead or will they just drop that part of the story???

• Love 4

They were both on the run, changing aliases frequently AND she went to school and got her degree as Jordan Ridgeway.

If Tamiflu got her degree under a false name then her physical therapist license is invalid and she's a fraud. If she seriously injured a patient could the hospital be liable for not doing an adequate background check? 

I am finding it difficult to understand who is being talked about sometimes, maybe scale back a little on the nicknames? Posts with a lot of unrecognizable names I tend to scroll right past and I am maybe missing some interesting stuff, though if I don't know who is being referred to...

Abby - Abifail, Jar Jar Binks, The Mistress, The Supply Closet Girl, The Boring Twit, Slappy Abby, Slapagail

Ben - Plucky, BOllie, Abifail's boyfriend, Tamiflu's brother

Dan - Dr. Tan, Dan the 2nd Coming, Unwashed Hippie, Dr. Pigpen

Jennifer - Polly Pureheart

John - Jawn

Jordan - Theraflu, Tamiflu, Grimace Sue

Kristen - Miss Rapey, Priest Rapist

Marlena - RoboMar

Nicole - Asscole

Paige - Rocky Dennis, Lima Bean

• Love 3

I thought it was a little weird that Abigail was telling Jordan about the baseball player's anonymous donation. Jordan most likely wouldn't spread the info around, but it still seemed like a breach of some kind  (at least of etiquette, since he had specifically told her he didn't want anybody to know that he was the one giving the donation). 

Jordan suddenly seemed charismatic when she was talking about baseball. Maybe real-life conversations pep up the show.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Oh Sonny, "EJ took advantage of AbiFail and she didn't deserve to lose her job over morality clause." WTF?? Now they're dumbing down Sonny, when Sonny was objectionable to the whole thing and saw both sides of the fence. Writers really need to stop or do they have selective amnesia when it comes to writing for AbiFail & Dingy Hippie?

I. WAS. LIVID. Not necessarily because of the Abby was somehow tricked by EJ into having sex (I guess he disguised his peen as one of her tampons and slipped into purse or maybe he posed as a human pap smear or something) because that is just par for the course. What got me was this juxtaposed against Nicole's throwaway line about her being in porn like it was a career choice that she did voluntarily. Nicole was abused and forced into porn by her father. I hate that over the years it has been retconned and thrown in her face by other characters as if she were a porn star by choice. I've accepted that shit gets retconned over time but things like sexual abuse and exploitation shouldn't be. It just really disgusts me. 

Speaking of sexual abuse, Clyde can go. When Jordan goes, she can talk Cletus the slack jawed rapey yokel with her.  The town totally needs a new baddie given that Stefano is limited to making threatening via cell phone. I thought it kinda hilarious that he was talking on the phone yet still doing all his usual talking with his hands with the other hand. Not here for Clyde's ass.

I don't think Brady necessarily owes anything to Teresa. But I thought his assumption that she was carrying another man's child was weird since he never seems to suspect Kristen of anything whatsoever. If he would put on his thinking cap for the other women he's been with I wouldn't necessarily fault him for jumping to the conclusion he did about Teresa (based on her general character and history of lying, not because I endorse such mysogynistic implications). But since I doubt he'd ever jump to that conclusion about Kristen, and she's way more capable of doing that sort of thing (probably even going to great lengths to conceive a child from rape), I find his suspicions about Teresa to be out of left-field for him based on how danged stupid he's been with the other women he's slept with.

I suppose the logic I'm following is that if he can be the dumbest man in the universe when it comes to Kristen, everybody else on the planet who is female should probably get an even bigger benefit of the doubt from him.

I'm no Brady fan but I kinda liked the Brady I saw with John. The Brady that interacted with Theresa was a bit problematic in some regards but overall, I kinda got it and I didn't really see him being hypocritical. Looking at the 2 days as a whole, I think the idea was that this is a new Brady with eyes wide open, isn't taking anyone's shit, doesn't trust anyone and cleaning his house of all liars and bad influences. He wasn't ragey or hulk smash, just quietly resolute and firm, for the most part anyway.

No, Theresa didn't tie him down and force him to take drugs or drink, however, she was a person with ill and ugly intentions so I am not crying for her Argentina. Yes, Brady is ultimately responsible for imbibing and slipping off the sobriety wagon, however, I don't blame him for being mad at and wanting to have nothing to do with a person whose intent it was to get him off the wagon and alienate him from his friends and family for selfish monetary gain. 

The only problematic part was maybe the accusation that it was someone else's child. I wasn't as offended by that as others. It isn't as if they were in a committed relationship. I didn't really see it as slut shaming. I don't think it is wrong for Brady to ask if it is his child. He could've phrased it better but I think he shot his mental wad when he used the word 'anathema' correctly on Monday. 

Theresa was delusion and doing some magical thinking. I really think she thought that when Brady heard the news they would somehow get back together. I am just really tired of delusion, begging, pathetic chicks on this show crawling after men that ain't worth nothing. I wished they just made Theresa an unrepentant bitch and be done with. I just don't have any sympathy for Theresa. I really also don't know what the writers want from me as a viewer. It is hard to be invested in a fetus snatching storyline when the dude wants absolutely nothing to do with the bio mom and the bio mom has only expressed the sentiment that the kid is a mere meal ticket. If Thrady had been a supercouple with infertility issues who finally was able to conceive and Kristen a clear interloper than I would get it. As of now, the only reason to care is because no child should be raised by crazy personified and Thrady are the lesser of 2 evils. Way to tell a story Days. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

I don't mind nicknames I only couldn't understand them on twop when I didn't watch a show ever.

I mean if I see a post saying "jar jar getting her job..." I know who got hired that day since I watched and hm who looks like an alien -Abby. Or "metro cartoon character punched..." I know Ben looks like one of Zoolanders friend's who died in a freak gasoline cigarette accident and sucker punches.

The nicknames make the thread more hilarious to me.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

For me, the biggest problem with many nicknames for each character is that it makes the board hard to understand for new or infrequent posters and I do like having new people join in.  One of the reasons I stopped reading the GH thread on TWoP was it seemed too much like an insiders club and you had to know all the secret passwords to join. And who the hell has time to read through 100 pages of posts to figure out who everyone is.

I like seeing a male villain since Stefano is sadly so absent and inert lately, but Clyde being a molestor into incest really is too much.  He could have been interesting with Kate, but ahhh well.

I am really bummed out about this reveal. I can overlook a lot of bad behavior, but not incest. I have a secret hope that this isn't really true and there will be another twist to come, but if not, then dammit, Clude needs to leave. Just way too much yuck.

• Love 5

Kristen DiMera was deleted from the cast list as of Monday's episode.

Paul Narita was added (as a contract player) to the cast list at the end of Monday's episode list as well

Edited by worleybird
  • Love 2

I suggest that we keep our Hall of Nicknames current so that any current or new posters who see one that might not make sense can easily check and see who it is.

Personally, I love the nicknames folks here come up with.  Funny, too, that the only characters who really have nicknames are characters that many posters view with at least a certain amount of derision.  And since Show won't bring them down, we do it here.  I can't imagine posting about  Abigail aka Jar Jar & Abifail (and so many more and more yet to come, I bet), Jenn aka Polly Pureheart, Ben aka Ollie or Jordan aka Grimace and Tamiflu and Daniel aka Dirty Dan, Dingy Hippie, etc., without poking as much fun as possible at them.  

It just wouldn't be right.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

If Sonny, of all people, is now saying that Elvis "took advantage of" Abigail (I'm on the point of suggesting a new nickname, "Grabbigail," but perhaps I should refrain) it's a sign that the writers have completely rewritten the nature of that relationship in favour of portraying Abigail as an innocent. One of the dirtier retcons in the show's recent history, I'd say. You used to be smarter than that, Sonny.

But, hey, it's not like Days of Our Lives relies exclusively on rape as a plot-driver. Don't forget there's also baby-snatching!

• Love 6

If Sonny, of all people, is now saying that Elvis "took advantage of" Abigail (I'm on the point of suggesting a new nickname, "Grabbigail," but perhaps I should refrain) it's a sign that the writers have completely rewritten the nature of that relationship in favour of portraying Abigail as an innocent. One of the dirtier retcons in the show's recent history, I'd say. You used to be smarter than that, Sonny.

But, hey, it's not like Days of Our Lives relies exclusively on rape as a plot-driver. Don't forget there's also baby-snatching!

Grabbigail!  I like!!   Can never have too many unflattering names for the hobbit.  

Yeah, she's a real innocent, isn't she?  I guess she just took a wrong turn and ended up naked with her legs around EJ's neck in his shower.  

Should have used GPS.

• Love 3

Aidan really?? All news stay on the internet and as an attorney he should know that. "I Love You" really?? Already?? Loser. Red flag right there.

"Smart & Beautiful" OK BOllie you fall deeper into the abyss of stupidity cause those are not the words to describe AbiFail, words like, "Stank, Stupid, Bug Eyed, Hypocrite, Self Absorbed, Dummy, Bitch" are the more appropriate terms. Then AbiFail says BOllie is amazing which are just the wrong terms when "Hulk Smash, Idiot, Plucked to Death" are the better terms. To kick it up a notch, she makes it about herself again because BOllie is the only man to care about Her only because Austin, EJ, Cameron, & Chad didn't give a flying fuck about her. Now we know why she wore that leather, cause she can quickly get out of it. Let's pinky promise like we're little children. These two just SUCK!!!

Dammit Meddling Maggot, why is her panties wet over Dannifer?? It's just so nauseating, got so wet it traveled up to her eyes in the form of tears.

Look at klutz Lima Bean who's getting wet herself over JJ & Eve reconciled, if only she knew what body parts they reconciled.

• Love 4

It isn't incest, she's his stepdaughter.  But it is child abuse and statutory rape.

Oh, thanks for telling me! How did I miss that? So marginally better, but not by much.

I swear only in a Days thread would you see and agree with comments like these and actually have the urge to give them the thumbs up. Which..... don't mind if I do just for shits and giggles.

Thanks for the laugh.

I hope Abby and Ollie 'christening' his new place makes him lose his deposit.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

I also forgot Dingy's quote, "Anyone who has Jennifer Horton in their life is lucky." LMAO. I don't think so, look at everyone who is in Jenn's life, they're either dead or miserable. So I'll say it's best to keep Jenn out of your life. Dingy will see that his life will be so much better without her. 

Nickname for AbiFail & BOllie together are Itchy & Scratchy and Thing 1 & Thing 2 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

I swear only in a Days thread would you see and agree with comments like these and actually have the urge to give them the thumbs up. Which..... don't mind if I do just for shits and giggles.

Thanks for the laugh.

I hope Abby and Ollie 'christening' his new place makes him lose his deposit.

Someone said up thread (forgive me! I'm too lazy to go back!) that when watching Days, you need to check your conscience at the door. And man, is that the truth. I'm constantly hoping for Jennifer's death or that Abigail gets hit by bus or whatever and I overlook kidnappings and murder and rape because by gosh, I like the character or hate the victim. But I do draw the line at incest. I do have SOME standards, ya know.

• Love 6

I'm new-ish to these forums - used to post infrequently at TWOP.  And newly returned to semi-watching DOOL. 

I decided to check out this forum to see what other viewers have to say, but the nicknames are really confusing.   Some are obvious like Abifail, but there's 6 other nicknames for just that one character!  With such a large cast, there's a lot to study and memorize!

Obviously a newbie can't expect everyone to change the way they post, but I thought I would mention again that I do like checking out what others have to say, and enjoy it more when I can understand what's being said!  :-)

• Love 4

Not to speak for everybody, but I think the nicknames are fun and what boes said.  Nobody's trying to be exclusive and Grimace grimaces, and Dr Dingy is dingy Dan.  Someone just updated the Hall of Nicknames.  It's all in good fun, we love new comments from everybody.  I can't help it if Eric looks like Eeyore.  Heck, Lima Bean is better than Rocky Paige.

BTW does anyone think Eve is going to try to pass off the hookup on Eric?

Personally, I love the nicknames folks here come up with.  Funny, too, that the only characters who really have nicknames are characters that many posters view with at least a certain amount of derision.  And since Show won't bring them down, we do it here.  I can't imagine posting about  Abigail aka Jar Jar & Abifail (and so many more and more yet to come, I bet), Jenn aka Polly Pureheart, Ben aka Ollie or Jordan aka Grimace and Tamiflu and Daniel aka Dirty Dan, Dingy Hippie, etc., without poking as much fun as possible at them. 

It just wouldn't be right.

• Love 1

Heck, Lima Bean is better than Rocky Paige.

The Rocky Paige one I have never heard. Never really understood the Paige nicknames and I've always wanted to ask: Is this because of the size and shape of her head/face? It really should be considered one of the wonders of the world. I've never seen anything like it. 

• Love 4

Crap, local news broke in 1/3rd of the way into today's show...dangling window washers.  I guess we had to glue the cameras on them...just in case things didn't go well...which it didn't for the media because the guys were rescued.

So I missed most of the show, (guess I will do a Youtube) but I just wanted to say that I hope they don't turn Aidan into an a-hole like they usually do.  There are so few characters on this show that are actually likeable, and I like him.  I hope they don't ruin him...but I see it coming *sigh*

• Love 4