Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

that elephant story is so freaking stupid. I told you...it's from the Brady Bunch movie. Carol's first husband comes back to steal the horse statue that was always in the Brady House.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3

I think even if Chandler was playing Will. Will would still be acting like an idiot..He was stupid enough to try and blackmail EJ and that blew up in his face.  He became his lackey. He was stupid enough to get Gabi pregnant and tried to lie about it..That blew up in his face when Chad revealed the truth  and he almost lost Sonny..He was stupid enough to talk  in a public park to Lucas about Lucas covering up his attempted murder of EJ; thereby giving Nick the ammunition to blackmail him in order  to steal his unborn daughter from him..He was going to walk away from his daughter if it was not for sami's insistence that he be a father to his own child.  He let Rafe treat him with disrespect, when Rafe erroneously thought that he was pressuring Gabi to have an abortion; when that was never the case, he told her that  he would respect her decision regarding her pregnancy.

Will has not always been smart. He lacks the cunning and intelligence of his parents. I remember people used to complain about  Chandler's Will being so passive and weak..People used to say that Sonny deserved better than him. The writing was much better for his Will than Guy's Will..They changed the character to fit their agenda of making Sparkle sympathetic and likable...I think it is bad to change a character after you recast a role. You are not going to help the recast win over the audience, who are already attached to the previous actor in the role...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I remember people used to complain about  Chandler's Will being so passive and weak..People used to say that Sonny deserved better than him. The writing was much better for his Will than Guy's Will..They changed the character to fit their agenda of making Sparkle sympathetic and likable...I think it is bad to change a character after you recast a role. You are not going to help the recast win over the audience, who are already attached to the previous actor in the role...

You seem to be contradicting yourself.  If people have been saying Will is written as passive and weak when even Chandler was in the role, how can they have changed the writing of him to make Paul look better?

And they don't go as hand-in-hand as you think, as least not with me.  

Will would never have written an expose about his mother, grandmother and EJ. The people who helped him keep his daughter away from Nick. He would have never cheated on Sonny with a stranger putting Arianna's family in jeopardy. Will always wanted to be better than his parents. .That is how they changed the character..His characterization has gotten worst since Sparkle has come into the scene..

• Love 2

I agree. The problem with Days is it does not let couples be happy at all, breaks them up before they really get a chance to be a couple, and sticks them in repetitive SLs. Sonny and Will had the same SL with Nick and Gabi three different times. The writers also did a really lousy job with developing the Will cheats on Sonny with Paul who happens to be Sonny's ex unknown to Will. This should have been a soapy, I can't believe this is happening, I can't wait for the reveal, the show was great today, what will happen tomorrow SL. Instead it's been a WTH, how could the writers do such a horrible job. It was all plot points, and no character layers. It is nice that Sonny (FS) has gotten to do more, and that there are so many fans commenting on the SL.

Both Sonny and Will have chemistry with Paul. I don't have a problem with both of them exploring relationships with other characters, in fact I would have preferred it if Will dated around when he came out and that Sonny was allowed to be shown dating when he first arrived in Salem.

For me, the Days formula has always been about a rooting couple kept apart by obstacles. That's what we've seen with J and M, Bo and Hope, Kim and Shane,etc- and it wasn't boring.

There is so much they could do with Will and Sonny but they have chosen the boring route or the repetitive route. We've discussed more ins and outs of their relationship on this board than the writers have ever bothered to explore onscreen.

IMO,it's only really been recently with Sami jumping from man to man,that having multiple pairings has been considered a sign of success for a character on this particular show.

Ever since 2006 they play musical chairs with everyone and no one ever gets to be happy for long,or happy at all for that matter.

• Love 5

Will would never have written an expose about his mother, grandmother and EJ. The people who helped him keep his daughter away from Nick. He would have never cheated on Sonny with a stranger putting Arianna's family in jeopardy. Will always wanted to be better than his parents. .That is how they changed the character..His characterization has gotten worst since Sparkle has come into the scene..

But he did do those things. I don't think Will was ever fully formed as a character, even with CM in the role. CM's Will was the one who cozied up to Stefano and eventually EJ, in spite of the things that they'd done to his family. He's always done reckless, impulsive things that endangered himself and the ones he "loves" (hey there, Sami!) and even intentionally hurt them himself in spite of all of his talk about wanting a stable family, etc. 

• Love 2

The writers did a real disservice to the Will/Sonny paring by having their marriage fall apart so soon. They only made it like what, nine months? And they spent a good bit of that nine months dealing with Nick and Gabi. I understand couples who are always happy are boring, but why is anyone supposed to care about any of the pairings on this show if they don't get to be happy for any significant amount of time. And has been said here before, it was repetitive to make Will the screw up once again. That new TBD story was lackluster but it could have actually been a decent starting point for a good story for them that didn't involve random cheating. They want to make Will a journalist? OK, well make him a real journalist then. Sonny ruined them financially by blowing all their money on his failure of a club. Will has to get a job to support them and decides to take his fledgling journalism career seriously. Have Nicole and even raccoon Jen take him under their wing and teach him how to do real investigative journalism. That would give Nicole something to do other than cry and beg for love and it might actually make that raccoon tolerable. Meanwhile, Sonny is desperate to make things right and gets involved in some shady and/or illegal activity to make some money without asking his family for help . This would have the added benefit of making him less of a Mary Sue. Will gets an assignment to investigate a shadowy local businessman who is involved in unscrupulous business practices, unknowingly investigating his own husband. Sonny could also inadvertently come into conflict with Victor, Brady, Lucas, Chad, and Kate because of his actions in the business world. If the writers were feeling really creative they could also have Melanie work with Will and Nicole to investigate Dr. Mandrake, eventually bringing Theresa into the fold. Boom. Assuming the writers do a slow build and hit all the beats, I just have them a huge umbrella story involving numerous characters that would take at least a year to unfold. If I can come up with something reasonably interesting in five minutes why can't the people who get paid to write the show do the same.

• Love 4

IMO,it's only really been recently with Sami jumping from man to man,that having multiple pairings has been considered a sign of success for a character on this particular show.

Ever since 2006 they play musical chairs with everyone and no one ever gets to be happy for long,or happy at all for that matter.

It's been almost ten years that they've been doing this.  Ken Corday has come right out and said no more supercouples, he doesn't believe in them, the pairings will continue to change every six months or a year.  He's even trashed almost all of the supercouples of the 80s and 90s.

• Love 4

Both Sonny and Will have chemistry with Paul. I don't have a problem with both of them exploring relationships with other characters, in fact I would have preferred it if Will dated around when he came out and that Sonny was allowed to be shown dating when he first arrived in Salem.

For me, the Days formula has always been about a rooting couple kept apart by obstacles. That's what we've seen with J and M, Bo and Hope, Kim and Shane,etc- and it wasn't boring.

There is so much they could do with Will and Sonny but they have chosen the boring route or the repetitive route. We've discussed more ins and outs of their relationship on this board than the writers have ever bothered to explore onscreen.

I always felt that Will and Sonny should have had a lengthy discussion about his lack  of dating experience after Will finally accepted his marriage proposal.We could have even had Sonny even express doubts about Will growing bored with their sexual life due to his inexperience with men.. That could have added layers to Will's infidelity story, if the writers wanted to do this storyline in the future. I think infidelity was the wrong way to go with Wilson because they were newlyweds, not too mention out of character for them..

The writers did a real disservice to the Will/Sonny paring by having their marriage fall apart so soon. They only made it like what, nine months? And they spent a good bit of that nine months dealing with Nick and Gabi. I understand couples who are always happy are boring, but why is anyone supposed to care about any of the pairings on this show if they don't get to be happy for any significant amount of time. And has been said here before, it was repetitive to make Will the screw up once again. That new TBD story was lackluster but it could have actually been a decent starting point for a good story for them that didn't involve random cheating. They want to make Will a journalist? OK, well make him a real journalist then. Sonny ruined them financially by blowing all their money on his failure of a club. Will has to get a job to support them and decides to take his fledgling journalism career seriously. Have Nicole and even raccoon Jen take him under their wing and teach him how to do real investigative journalism. That would give Nicole something to do other than cry and beg for love and it might actually make that raccoon tolerable. Meanwhile, Sonny is desperate to make things right and gets involved in some shady and/or illegal activity to make some money without asking his family for help . This would have the added benefit of making him less of a Mary Sue. Will gets an assignment to investigate a shadowy local businessman who is involved in unscrupulous business practices, unknowingly investigating his own husband. Sonny could also inadvertently come into conflict with Victor, Brady, Lucas, Chad, and Kate because of his actions in the business world. If the writers were feeling really creative they could also have Melanie work with Will and Nicole to investigate Dr. Mandrake, eventually bringing Theresa into the fold. Boom. Assuming the writers do a slow build and hit all the beats, I just have them a huge umbrella story involving numerous characters that would take at least a year to unfold. If I can come up with something reasonably interesting in five minutes why can't the people who get paid to write the show do the same.

I  agree completely with your post..Their lack of imagination and talent reflects in their ratings...We could have written better stories for all the characters..I think Corday is what is keeping the show from being a success..I wish that the suits in charge would take creative control from him...

• Love 3

The writers did a real disservice to the Will/Sonny paring by having their marriage fall apart so soon.

I think the real disservice was having them get married so soon.  I get they wanted to plant a flag by having daytime's first same-sex marriage between two guys, but there were plenty of soapy shenanigans they should have tackled with them first, especially since they'd already given them a baby.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's been almost ten years that they've been doing this.  Ken Corday has come right out and said no more supercouples, he doesn't believe in them, the pairings will continue to change every six months or a year.  He's even trashed almost all of the supercouples of the 80s and 90s.

What is the point of watching a soap opera, if you cannot get invested in a couple...It is supposed to be love in the afternoon..He has ruined every couple past and present in some way, shape or form...For example; Steve and Bo would have never stayed away from Hope and Kayla.....That is so wrong on so many levels...

I think the real disservice was having them get married so soon.  I get they wanted to plant a flag by having daytime's first same-sex marriage between two guys, but there were plenty of soapy shenanigans they should have tackled with them first, especially since they already given them a baby.

I  agree. I think Corday was enjoying all of the accolades, awards and attention that they got with Will's coming out story and the magic of Wilson..They were the first gay male wedding in daytime and because of that they should have been treated with respect....I also think they could have waited to marry them by building the rapport and history with the second version of Wilson, to get the audience fall in love with them again. Their marriage seemed rush and a big Fuck you to Chandler...It was like they were telling him..see you can be easily be replaced..You are not that special.....We don't need you...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

They were the first gay male wedding in daytime and because of that they should have been treated with respect....

Well, I wouldn't have wanted them put in a glass box either, with their marriage being untouchable.  I prefer this mess of a story with Paul to that.

• Love 3

Well, I wouldn't have wanted them put in a glass box either, with their marriage being untouchable.  I prefer this mess of a story with Paul to that.

I agree, but, don't ruin them in the process....I am happy for the actors involved as well..Freddie and Guy had the most episodes for the  month of February due to their storyline..I am very happy for  Freddie because he was underused when Chandler was playing Will.. Every dog has his day and I am so  happy that his day has come...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

There is a difference between putting a couple in a glass box, and not allowing them to have any problems, and completely trashing them to the point that their most devoted fans say, "To hell with this, I'm not watching anymore."

What is the point of watching a soap opera, if you cannot get invested in a couple...It is supposed to be love in the afternoon..He has ruined every couple past and present in some way, shape or form...For example; Steve and Bo would have never stayed away from Hope and Kayla.....That is so wrong on so many levels...

And they left both Hope and Kayla in limbo for years for no reason.  SN (Steve/Patch) chose not to return to the show, and PR (Bo) chose to leave, but that did not mean Ken Corday and the writers had to stop writing for Hope and Kayla.

Also, Ken Corday needs to stop putting his ego before the show.  Just because he doesn't like certain characters or couples does not mean he should go on a mission to prove to their fans they are wrong for liking them.  He also needs to stop being so arrogant, and demanding the viewers like his chosen favorites.

• Love 5

There is a difference between putting a couple in a glass box, and not allowing them to have any problems, and completely trashing them to the point that their most devoted fans say, "To hell with this, I'm not watching anymore."

And they left both Hope and Kayla in limbo for years for no reason.  SN (Steve/Patch) chose not to return to the show, and PR (Bo) chose to leave, but that did not mean Ken Corday and the writers had to stop writing for Hope and Kayla.

Also, Ken Corday needs to stop putting his ego before the show.  Just because he doesn't like certain characters or couples does not mean he should go on a mission to prove to their fans they are wrong for liking them.  He also needs to stop being so arrogant, and demanding the viewers like his chosen favorites.

That is why soaps are dying because they put their ego over the audience....Douglas Marland of As the world turns said you write for the audience and not for yourselves...You can have your vision without showing contempt for the audience..you dont bite the hand that feeds you..He did that with EJami, it was not supposed to catch on, but, it did and they should have built upon that..Instead, Corday demanded that they be trash in favor of Lumi..I liked Lumi and Ejami, but I would have enjoyed Ejami because the chemistry was on fire...Plus, it was the first man that liked Sami for who she was and EJ never once looked at Carrie the favored child...That was bonus points for me, even Lucas used Sami as a placeholder for her...I have always believed that had Carrie remained on the show, Corday would have had EJ fall for Carrie just to stick the knife in the EJami fans just for kicks...The man is sick in my opinion....Dan  is loathed on here and on other boards,  yet, he has been on the show for 7 years. I wonder do they know that he is universally reviled or do they not care..I will go with that latter....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Oh I completely agree.

But I don't think Will and Sonny are ruined at all.  It's clear a lot of you are still invested in them, still rooting for them, etc.

I'm rooting for Sonny.  At this point, I don't care about Sneasel or Sparkle.  I do think the story could have been much better.

Ken Corday and the writers, OTOH, have trashed several other couples on purpose, and they could still do even more damage to Sonny/Will if they want to.

The man is sick in my opinion....Dan  is loathed on here and on other boards,  yet, he has been on the show for 7 years. I wonder do they know that he is universally reviled or do they not care..I will go with that latter....

Ken Corday does not care.  He did not care about the Lumi, Ejami, Safe, or Ejole fans, and the fans of the individual characters.  He was more than willing to trash all of them in order to prove to the Ejami fans they were wrong for liking Sami/EJ together.  He was taunting the Ejami fans on social media about how he was going to destroy their couple, and that they would be throwing sandwiches at the TV during the SL.  They responded by no longer watching.  And the fans who didn't like Ejami or who liked other couples also got the shaft.

They have two good actors in Jen Lilley (Theresa) and Casey Moss (JJ), and they are wasting them in dead end SLs and pairings.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

I'm rooting for Sonny.  At this point, I don't care about Sneasel or Sparkle.  I do think the story could have been much better.

Ken Corday and the writers, OTOH, have trashed several other couples on purpose, and they could still do even more damage to Sonny/Will if they want to.

Ken Corday does not care.  He did not care about the Lumi, Ejami, Safe, or Ejole fans, and the fans of the individual characters.  He was more than willing to trash all of them in order to prove to the Ejami fans they were wrong for liking Sami/EJ together.  He was taunting the Ejami fans on social media about how he was going to destroy their couple, and that they would be throwing sandwiches at the TV during the SL.  They responded by no longer watching.

They have two good actors in Jen Lilley (Theresa) and Casey Moss (JJ), and they are wasting them.

Look at what they did to EJ and Sami.....They could have been a great dark power couple..Have we ever had a supercouple where both parties were anti-heros..That could have been good to see...Daytime used to be daring back in the day, that is what set them apart from other genres...I think James E. Reilly could have done them justice...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Ken Corday says he doesn't understand the appeal of Ejami.  Tomlin said he doesn't understand why Lucas has so many fans.  In 2007, when they had Lumi fans and Ejami fans writing in wanting their couple to triumph, Ken Corday's reponse was to pair all three of them up with other people because he does not believe in supercouples.

It has been nice seeing more of Lucas in this SL.  I still don't understand why Lucas didn't get a bigger part in Kate/Sami's SL.  They would have been comedy gold.  Lucas never found out they tossed Nick in the river either.

• Love 4

Ken Corday says he doesn't understand the appeal of Ejami.  Tomlin said he doesn't understand why Lucas has so many fans.  In 2007, when they had Lumi fans and Ejami fans writing in wanting their couple to triumph, Ken Corday's reponse was to pair all three of them up with other people because he does not believe in supercouples.

It has been nice seeing more of Lucas in this SL.  I still don't understand why Lucas didn't get a bigger part in Kate/Sami's SL.  They would have been comedy gold.  Lucas never found out they tossed Nick in the river either.

That is the problem..It does not matter if you don't like the characters, we the audience like them and you have to write accordingly....Familiarity breeds contempt..The more I learn about Ken Corday and company..The more I dislike them..Lucas should have been involved in the Nick Storyline....I hated the fact that Kate and Sami got bested by Nick..They should have crushed him like a bug....Even the fact that Nick tried to take Ari away from Will should have been enough for Lucas, Sami and Kate to dispose of him..Will has always been the apple of their eye..it was so out of character for them to allow Nick to get as close as he did to Arianna..Even Sonny was behaving out of character...he would not let anybody look at Will sideways without him going upside your head....

• Love 2

But (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), wasn't Nick written as a completely different character compared to his first stint?  Yes, he went under the bus for Melanie as he was exiting, but besides that...?

• Love 3

But (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), wasn't Nick written as a completely different character compared to his first stint?  Yes, he went under the bus for Melanie as he was exiting, but besides that...?

Yes, you are correct..I swear the Jonas family is a plague on the show..Don't forget that they also threw Stefanie under the bus for Melanie...They remind me of the Rappaport/Davidson family on one life to live..I loved Asa's contempt for them..He was channeling the audience in his vitriol against them...lol

• Love 3

And then he probably wonders why Days is dead last in ratings for soaps. What an idiot!

• Love 4

The Horton house needs to be fumigated while Raccoon Jen and her daughter are there. The doors and windows need to be locked, the phone line needs to be cut, and their cell phones and internet service needs to be cancelled so they can't call for help. 

Maggie knows damn well Ciara doesn't want her Kmart lemon bars. Where are the chocolate chip cookies?

• Love 2

I know that's for real Suddenly Southern, who the fuck is Judgy Jacosta to keep Suddenly Southern away from seeing her own daughter perform. Jacosta is just a wretched old bitch, she really thinks that she can call all the shots. Too bad none of it is gunshots coming at her.

I'm trying to follow and get WTF is going on in this Kate/Chad/Victor/Stephono nonsense, cause right now it's a little hard to follow. Maybe if writers were a little bit more business savvy I might could understand it. From what I'm gathering Stephono wants Kate out, set her up to buy it from Shin's wife who happens to sit on the board at DE, so that will make Shin upset and Kate didn't bother to look into who owned it. Isn't Vic suppose to get like a big profit of this or something? I'm lost, maybe someone can explain it to me like I'm Jar Jar.

Naggie please, you can't pull Victor out of his "funk" because he's tired of seeing you and your 80's ass all up in the house. Is Victor the person in the spoilers who give Hope the blessing on her relationship with Aiden. Cause WTF?? Victor never showed reservations about the two of them being together nor showed that he cared. 

I love Theresa but she's really thirsty for some attention and it's quite silly. The 5 G's apply to her today, Good God Girl Get a Grip!!!

Toothy & Dumbass kiss so nasty, it sounds like they're smacking on a piece of gum. Nothing like putting work clothes on after having sex to report to work in all of Brady's man juice, nasty ass. How could Theresa tell the difference between Toothy's normal hair and sex hair, they're practically identical. 

That college is the worst college ever, classes are forever cancelled, construction don't even know what the hell they're doing. As I said before, very reason why Salem is crawling with dumbasses.

• Love 5

Everyone in that SL was written OOC.  Nick had already been thrown under the bus for Melanie.  They gave him a completely different personality.  Then they expected us to believe that not only would Will not stand up for himself against Nick, but that Sami, Kate, and Lucas would not squash Nick like a bug.  Kate who sent Sami to death row, and poisoned Chloe.  Lucas who killed Franco.  Will who shot EJ.  Sami who shot Alan, Bart, Lucas (by accident), EJ, Fake Rafe, Silvio, Bernardi, Maroni hitmen, Dimera hitmen, and various others.  Would all not rip Nick to shreds the first chance they got.  When Nick and Sami were arguing in that alley, along with noticing all the inappropriate chemistry they had going on, I kept thinking, “Damn, Sami, if you aren’t going to shoot him, at least punch him.”

Don't even get me started on the Sami and Kate would be afraid of what Stefano would do to them nonsense.  Sami kicked the crap out of supreme psycho Andre Dimera when she was pregnant with twins in 2007, and she would have killed Stefano if Lucas and Marlena had not stopped her.

• Love 4

I'm trying to follow and get WTF is going on in this Kate/Chad/Victor/Stephono nonsense, cause right now it's a little hard to follow. Maybe if writers were a little bit more business savvy I might could understand it. From what I'm gathering Stephono wants Kate out, set her up to buy it from Shin's wife who happens to sit on the board at DE, so that will make Shin upset and Kate didn't bother to look into who owned it. Isn't Vic suppose to get like a big profit of this or something? I'm lost, maybe someone can explain it to me like I'm Jar Jar.

I second this. If anyone understands this Dimeria Enterprises crap please respond.  

• Love 1

I "think" Victor is working with Stephano and screwed Kate over, because right after he told Maggie he would never help Stephano, we went to Kate being blind-sided.   At least that's the way I interpreted everything.  Definitely confusing.    Hopefully they are working together to bring down Clyde.

And I second the gross factor of Melanie not showering before going back to work.  Eeeewwww....

• Love 2

Well, instead of a WTD storyline, we might end up with an STD storyline; which would be WTF. I mean, who knows where that Sparkle-Schmeckle has been?

I'd love for Sonny to come back and demand that Will get tested. Pregnancy is not the only unintended consequence of unprotected sex!

Mama Sparkle may be a dullard, IS a dullard, but she also comes across as a woman who could be easily cowed, or frightened. And Sneasel saw that yesterday, and out sprung Bully Sneasel. I thought it was supremely ugly behavior.

As Black Knight says, the cheater has precious little currency left, behavior-wise, and this bullying blackmail attempt of Sneasel's, against a woman who has done nothing to him, and of whose life or troubles he knows nothing was sleazy. IMO this was as bad as his cheating if not worse. He's consciously using someone else's possible pain, their hidden history, to his advantage and enjoying it while he did. Someone who has done nothing against him. And I didn't buy for a second that he felt bad about it. Little wretch. He deserves what he gets.

This, this, a thousand times this. I wish I had some great insight to add, but you've nailed it.

• Love 4

Casey Moss is an actual musician, so of course the show has him strum a few chords for 20 seconds and calls it a day. They should have cut Melanie/Brady sex and given us an actual song with lyrics.

Thanks to Stefano & Katarina for injecting life into this boring show. I'm not sure what is going on, but at least it was interesting.

Jacosta/Southern have hsd the exact same conversation at least five times now. So have Melanie/Brady. I mean I guess its an easy day for the actors to just repeat the same dialogue over and over and over again, but at the same time how boring for them and for us.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Maybe I'm watching a different show but I really don't see where 1. Mama Norita said anything wrong in her convo with Paul about Sonny's marriage (by far the best mother interaction to a son's indiscretions on the show- take note JEN), 2. Paul has been actively pursuing/stalking Sonny (where has he actively been trying to get Sonny back? He just keeps telling him he loves him, passive as ever. Call me when he knocks Sonny out and kidnaps him or something), 3. William has been taking responsibility, 4. Guy's William is so much different from CM's William (he was also a pompous, spineless, impulsive, coddled jerk who let other people clean up his messes)

Also I'm loving this storyline. I have NEVER been invested in Wilson as a coupling, never. I've always preferred they remain friends because literally everybody Sonny interacted with besides Will was a better match (till this day I ship Brison but I'll take Paulson as a consolation prize). IMO, Will and Sonny should never have married, at least not so soon and definitely should not continue to be married. Will flatout told Sonny (after speaking vows to him, of course, because Will doesn't think anything through) that he was bored in his marriage and was doubting it BEFORE he cheated. That alone should be enough to seriously think about if you want to continue being with someone who tells you that and then leaves town with your daughter. Meddler that Adrienne was, she was right about Will being a terrible match for Sonny and I always agreed with her (and I didn't hate Sami).

The only thing worse I think the show did to Sonny and Will's character development than throwing them together so early was giving them a baby, which in soapland seriously limits variety in terms of couples and I for one agree with the newer idea of characters having multiple partners on the show for many reasons. The first is that if an actor leaves and a character is written out, they aren't completely screwed. The second is because that's how life works for a lot fo people- you can have more than one great love. All that said, I love Ari, but I really don't care for her being the glue that will probably force tptb into making Wilson remain a thing. #freesonny, DOOL!

As for the Naritas, I like them. I see Paul as much more than a plotpoint, he's an interesting character to me outside of this cheating dabacle because he has good and bad guy layers (unlike dan, mr. trident layers of only good) and now that the show is giving him roots, he seems to be here to stay and I love it. The show would be stupid to get rid of him honestly, because he's bringing it more positive attention than its had in a long time.

Back to the cheating storyline, Paul has played it smarter than Will. Until he spoke with his Mom, I literally had NO idea he was still going for Sonny. Also if the man I love ended his relationship, heck yes I would be waiting to see where I stand when the dust settles if I suspect he still loves me too. Desperation is not a new soap opera thing, so I don't see why Paul should be immune, there are characters who are far more desperate and have done FAR worse in the name of love than telling the person they love that they love them. Paul, unlike Will, seems to understand that what happens next is up to Sonny, not anything else either does. Sonny called Paul to the hospital, he didn't just show up. At the hospital, when Sonny was explaing he was leaving and Will was dismissing the sense of it and lying to Sonny's face that he would have all the privacy and time he needed to think things over (Will, Sonny asked you to leave his hospital room and told you not to come pick him up when he was discharged and you STILL showed up again, so sorry if I don't believe you), Paul was nodding because Sonny made sense and Will is short on that.

I think my anted up ire for Will is being influence by the fact that what he did to Tori was nasty and stupid, since they're on the same side, if Will had bothered to even check before driving straight to stupidville and blackmailing a woman who jumps at her own shadow. This better all lead to a Paul vs. Will royal rumble as pay off because I am pissed!

On the flipside, I used to hold JJ in slightly higher esteem but after this week, Will isn't alone at the bottom of my barrel, so that's an improvement for Will. Now the show should surprise me, do a 180 on his character, and I might like him like I haven't since he turned 16. Shame, really, because Lumily is the best supercouple to me and I should love all things Lumily (Allie, you're my last hope sweetie. please be more brady than horton, horton blood is evil!).

• Love 7

You know, in some very bizarre way, I can see how Eve would fall for JJ. Was that smile a KdP acting choice or are they potentially writing an Eve/JJ/Paige triangle? The fundamental problem with JJ/Paige, aside from Paige being as interesting as watching paint dry, is that JJ is never going to live up to her standards. She's just the epitome of "goodness" that JJ wants to be but never will. And we all know that should they get back together, all it takes is one minor fuck up that's going to set Paige off.

I think Eve was ragging on JJ as much as she was because she sees herself in him. It's like, how can a not-so-good mother like her have a good daughter in Paige? That's what drew them together, the mutual feeling of "not being good enough" for this "great" girl. I do like that they share a mutual passion for music. If they weren't in such need of therapy, I'd be rooting for JJ/Eve.

• Love 8

Another problem with JJ/Paige is they never got to be an actual couple before they immediately had problems, parental and friend disapproval, and then cheating was thrown into the mix.  Talk about overkill.  The last thing I want for JJ is another female shrieking at him 24/7.  My sympathy should be with Paige since she is the one who got cheated on, and her mother is the one her boyfriend cheated with.  Instead I just want JJ out of this horrible SL.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Shouldn't Melanie be fired for sleeping with a board member?

Damn, Victor really did screw Kate over.  Dammit. I wonder if Victor did that for Stefano in order to get Stefano's help with Clyde.

I had to laugh at the guy running the music thing talking into a microphone that the power was out. I also had to laugh at Chad's fake surprise face when Stefano showed up.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

Well I fell asleep watching today's episode.  Is there one tomorrow?  I am unlucky enough to live in the NYC viewing area where the local NBC station will pre-empt Days for just about anything...pony loose in the park, fireman stubs toe fighting a fire, tomorrow the parade that never ends.

And if Eve's fist accidentally connected with Jennifer's face, I wouldn't be mad.

Oh yes.  And over and over and over again.  I enjoyed Eve and Jenn's scenes today, and THAT was a surprise in itself.  Funny how it seems that now Jenn has all the power, Eve seems to be freer to diss her and tell her a few home truths than she was previously.  I loved the way she talked over Jenn when Jenn was trying to lay down the law about Eve never being in the same room as JJ, and Eve pointing out how stupid that was.  Jenn actually looked a little fuddled by the time Eve swept out of the house.

On the flipside, I used to hold JJ in slightly higher esteem but after this week, Will isn't alone at the bottom of my barrel, 

JJ.....I still like the guy, really like the actor, but man he is in such a messed up family and he's sinking fast.  If the writers could only see that they have a terrific story in THAT, much  more so than they do in this angst-ridden crap about Young Love Lost.   I felt more sympathy for Paige today than I have in quite a while, but Show needs to give it a rest.  Show has made Paige into one dreary drip and for the life of me I can't even remember any scenes when these two actually even had fun.  And Paige has progressively become a character that you would never associate with "fun".  

You know, in some very bizarre way, I can see how Eve would fall for JJ. Was that smile a KdP acting choice or are they potentially writing an Eve/JJ/Paige triangle? The fundamental problem with JJ/Paige, aside from Paige being as interesting as watching paint dry, is that JJ is never going to live up to her standards. 

I think Eve was ragging on JJ as much as she was because she sees herself in him. It's like, how can a not-so-good mother like her have a good daughter in Paige? That's what drew them together, the mutual feeling of "not being good enough" for this "great" girl. I do like that they share a mutual passion for music. If they weren't in such need of therapy, I'd be rooting for JJ/Eve.

Well said, very well said.  I saw glimmers of that today, and maybe Show is going to move in that direction.  I wouldn't mind watching a storyline where Eve and JJ were involved for reasons OTHER than just hating themselves.   Paige is going to hate them both anyway, so why not?

And of course it would be an extra added bonus to know that a relationship that JJ chose, freely, with Eve, would cause Jenn's head to explode.  And Abigail and Maggie, those two would also go off like fireworks.

Good times, folks, good times!

Shouldn't Melanie be fired for sleeping with a board member?

Damn, Victor really did screw Kate over.  Dammit. I wonder if Victor did that for Stefano in order to get Stefano's help with Clyde.

I had to laugh at the guy running the music thing talking into a microphone that the power was out. I also had to laugh at Chad's fake surprise face when Stefano showed up.

You'd think Mel and Bonehead would try to be more discreet, but nah, they're kissing like toilet plungers at the Nursing Station and nobody says a thing.  I worked a good portion of my life in hospitals and LOTS of sex goes on,or at least hook-ups, but not this crap in public, never.  

Even more disturbing to me is how Mel turns into Strawberry Shortcake the second she is in a sexual situation.  She and Brady are entwined like two drunk squids and all of sudden she's doing her little girl giggle, biting her lip and doing her patented All Teeth All The Time puppy grin.  E.W.W., and make that a double.  

I did a kick out of Bonehead Brady, during that lull in their Tickle-Me-Elmo sexcapade, says to Mel, "You know everything that's been going on with me since you've been gone, but I know nothing about what's been going on with you".

You gotta love, or at least admire Brady's steadfast inability to show any real interest in anyone else, at any time.  Mel has been back for months, they've been messing around for about that long, and NOW he asks about her life?   What a guy!  And this is the guy she's interested in......

So somehow Victor is going to come out with what he wants, but what is it, exactly?  Is it, as a poster here said, to get Stefano's help with Clyde?  Is this just payback from him to Kate?  And does this drive Kate further into Clyde's life, and this time, his business, too?  She needs Sami back to slap some sense into her.

I love it when Show is two steps behind itself as it was with the Magical Microphone.

• Love 10

Is Victor the person in the spoilers who give Hope the blessing on her relationship with Aiden. Cause WTF?? Victor never showed reservations about the two of them being together nor showed that he cared.

I guess since he's Bo's bio dad, he could theoretically have been opposed to her moving on? But that would have been dumb, since Bo's been gone for a million years, it seems like. Actually, I think Victor and Hope managed to have that whole conversation without even mentioning his name. For a show that usually makes its point over and over and over, then highlights it, underlines it, and finally skywrites it just to be perfectly clear, that was a weird omission.

That said, I thought it was a sweet moment, and Victor and Ciara were also great. She got him an Al Capone bobblehead, y'all!

I'll be disappointed if Victor screwed Kate over, as it appeared today, but I'm with those who are confused about this business storyline. But please, show - as if Kate would buy a company without researching it first; she'd never be that sloppy. And her outfit makes her look like a flight attendant.

Tickle-Me-Elmo sexcapade

Hee! And ew. Perfect description of the grossness that was Brady/Melanie today.

• Love 3

I'm still catching up on episodes from last week but have been reading recaps/comments.

Quick question: Why is Victor getting back at Kate at this time? Is it because she is with Clyde or is there an ongoing beef between the two? I know the general back story but thought that they had been friendly for the past few years or is it only where Philip is concerned? Or is this all so that Stefano will be in his debt? 

Not for nothing, but the mother of Oedipus was Jocasta. Sorry, little pet peeve. [/literature nerd mode]

And I don't think that Guy Wilson has very much chemistry with anyone.

• Love 1

Not for nothing, but the mother of Oedipus was Jocasta. Sorry, little pet peeve. [/literature nerd mode] And I don't think that Guy Wilson has very much chemistry with anyone.

Chemistry is subjective. I think he has alot of chemistry with Christopher...Their sex scenes were hot..especially in Sonny's fantasy about them....There are alot of Wipa fans on youtube and on other boards...lol They are not as rabid as Wilson and Paulson fans, but they are out there...

Edited by Apprentice79

I don't believe Kate wouldn't have done her research either.  I'm hoping for a last minute twist that this is all part of Kate/Victor's plan.

Seeing the treatment Kate, Theresa, and Nicole are getting, it's no wonder AS/Sami left.

• Love 6

JJ.....I still like the guy, really like the actor, but man he is in such a messed up family and he's sinking fast. If the writers could only see that they have a terrific story in THAT, much more so than they do in this angst-ridden crap

Yes! The show managed to get this wonderful young actor, give him a storyline with amazing potential, and ignore that potential in the name of JJ and Paige's ... whatever the hell they are supposed to be. I think it would be interesting for Eve's hatred of JJ to increase after the music performance -- he is a young man with a gift and a talent, and she's a middle-aged woman whose singing dreams are dead and buried. I can see her starting to sleep with him again out of that envy, out of the desire to hurt Jennifer (which I don't think was a factor before but definitely would be now), and out of her bedrock conviction (which matches JJ's), that he is not a good person and that he doesn't deserve a good person. Every time she screws him, it proves that. To BOTH of them.

I keep going back to Weasel trying to blackmail Mama Norita. I think it's a completely Will thing to do -- it's stupid, not planned well, and will backfire -- and it solidifies my hatred for him. He's a bully -- but only when he finds someone weaker than he is to prey on, and let's face it, that doesn't happen often. I don't have a problem with Lucas introducing Paul to Ari because I think Paul needed to see her, to make her real. He's not just thinking of busting up a marriage, but a family. (I think Lucas was more of a dick than he needed to be though -- Paul didn't cheat on ANYONE! ) But Weasel acting smug and superior to Mama Norita makes me want to punch him in his pouty mouth.

In other news, Drunk Theresa is even more delightful than GH's Drunk Sam. I died when Paige was trying to get away from her and Theresa insisted on accompanying her because she had lots of great advice about men to pass on. Ha! Poor Paige! (And that's not a sentiment I ever thought I'd type!)

I realized yesterday that I no longer give a damn about Stefano DiMera or the rest of his damn family. And I have zero interest in watching Kate get screwed over.

Victor & Kate Forever!!!

• Love 3

In other news, Drunk Theresa is even more delightful than GH's Drunk Sam. I died when Paige was trying to get away from her and Theresa insisted on accompanying her because she had lots of great advice about men to pass on. Ha! Poor Paige! (And that's not a sentiment I ever thought I'd type!)

I think the reason is Drunk Theresa is JL actually acting. Drunk Sam is just KM playing herself.

• Love 5

I was over the Dimeras years ago.  The writers had a great opportunity with Kate/Sami, and they should have included Victor, Lucas, Phillip and Nicole in the original plan.  

Kate and Sami get evidence against Stefano and EJ, and turn it into the police.  Nicole and Sami are looking for evidence against Kristen.  Victor, Lucas, and Phillip are helping with the business.  EJ dies, Kristen goes to prison for drugging and raping Eric.  Stefano can't return to the USA because of the charges against him.  Stefano will have to retaliate from afar if he does.  That would work with JM's schedule since he only wants to tape a couple of times a month.  It also has the added benefit of less Stefano, being more.  Chad stays the anti-Dimera.  They could darken him a little, but they don't have to take him over the edge.

Sami and Kate get to keep their spines and brains.  Sami leaves Salem with her children.

• Love 4

Silly, silly me.   I thought Melanie was telling Brady to call her or see her, whatever, when he got done with his job.

What she really said was jog.

So silly of me to think Brady actually works other than taking phone calls from Asia.

• Love 4