Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I don't buy Theresa being that nice when it comes to Brady's other women give past history. However Shane/Kim are there so that's probably more plausible.

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why would Theresa agree to take care of Kristen's daughter? It makes no sense.. 

I'm sorry I didn't see this post first.. I like to believe Shane/Kim being there is a more likely reason.

13 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t remember Marlena being mad at Kate before. First time for everything, I guess.

She wasn't mad at Kate being involved with John? I find that hard to believe.

15 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Damn.  Marlena's "greeting" to Kate was the first time in a while that I felt like Deidre made her sound so believably pissed at her.  (Which, given that she knew about Lucas's crime, she had every right to be.)

I wonder if this will continue only because Kate knows about Phillip setting Brady up for his "murder"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why would Theresa agree to take care of Kristen's daughter? It makes no sense.. 

Rachel is only visiting with Tate and Theresa, most likely because it's the summer. That and the kids are siblings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Why would Belle value a relationship with Sami? She tried to sell Belle off to the black baby market and the show made it clear that Belle knows about that. Belle has always been closer to Brady.

I think something got lost in translation when I hit submit. I wasn't criticizing Belle for not valuing a relationship with Sami. I was only indicating how a Sami vs. Belle rivalry could be different from a Sami vs. Carrie rivalry. Carrie valued having a relationship with Sami, so regardless of how justifiably angry she got, we often saw her forgiving and giving Sami another chance. Carrie also usually lashed out in anger at Sami, but I don't remember her ever intentionally trying to harm Sami until Rafe was introduced into the Days universe.

Belle does not seem to value a relationship with Sami at all. That is not a criticism, but what I've interpreted from the show. Belle speaks about Sami much more harshly. The Sami vs. Belle confrontations seem more cruel and harsh even though the history between the two is nowhere near as vindictive and spiteful as Sami vs Carrie, yet. And Belle does seem like she'll have no issue going after Sami in a way Carrie would not. I was just saying how these rivalries could be different.

As for the baby market. Eh. Belle was several weeks old, has literally no memory of it, Sami changed her mind and was planning on raising Belle herself, and the two had a great relationship for years. Belle was even closer to Sami than Carrie during the KS Belle years. I think the Jan situation and the Marlena shooting situation are much better examples and more recent examples of the Belle vs. Sami hostility.

As for Belle and Brady, the two seem to just now be trying to rebuild their relationship. The show went years without giving them and by extension Brady/Claire any real relationship development. I would argue the Belle/Sami dynamic is much more defined in recent years than the Belle/Brady dynamic. However, it seems the show is ready to rebuild the Brady/Belle sibling relationship. By extension, the show also seems to want to rebuild Belle/Chloe friendship. Ron seems committed to the Belle character in a way we haven't seen since 2007, I would argue.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

My main soap has always been GH which is now a chore to watch, so it’s refreshing to see good old soapiness on DOOL over two weddings. I wasn’t a fan of the prolonged Devil plot so skipped a lot, when I had time to watch.

AS always brings it, no matter how much I couldn’t care less about Sammy. Her after the revelation wedding speech was great.

I’m not a fan of the multiple short returns though, because the stories stall for too long until AS becomes available, then there’s a major change, and she leaves. Rinse. Repeat.

I enjoyed Belle and EJ together because both characters were snoozeville to me until they got together. Shawn, even more so. I don’t see anyone else for them to be romantically involved with so breaking them up with Sammy gone seems needless.

More than anything, I would like to see a fun couple I could root for for more than a few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

My main soap has always been GH which is now a chore to watch, so it’s refreshing to see good old soapiness on DOOL over two weddings. I wasn’t a fan of the prolonged Devil plot so skipped a lot, when I had time to watch.

AS always brings it, no matter how much I couldn’t care less about Sammy. Her after the revelation wedding speech was great.

I’m not a fan of the multiple short returns though, because the stories stall for too long until AS becomes available, then there’s a major change, and she leaves. Rinse. Repeat.

I enjoyed Belle and EJ together because both characters were snoozeville to me until they got together. Shawn, even more so. I don’t see anyone else for them to be romantically involved with so breaking them up with Sammy gone seems needless.

More than anything, I would like to see a fun couple I could root for for more than a few weeks.

Those pairings don't exist. I actually like EJ with everyone but Sami go figure. I just think Sami sucks up all the oxygen in the room her love life is the least interesting thing about her. She's better off single and wreaking havoc. Not every character has to be stuck in a pairing to be viable on this show yet Days insists on it. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Those pairings don't exist. I actually like EJ with everyone but Sami go figure. I just think Sami sucks up all the oxygen in the room her love life is the least interesting thing about her. She's better off single and wreaking havoc. Not every character has to be stuck in a pairing to be viable on this show yet Days insists on it. 

At the start Sami was mainly there to be a spoiler for other couples rather than actually having a viable, loving relationship. Brandon was the first guy that ever pursued Sami for real. Then we had Real EJ, which I was into purely for the novelty of seeing Sami on the other side of having an obsessed stalker after the havoc she wrecked on Austin. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bye, Hurricane Sami. See ya when you blow back in to town.

What a pointless visit and storyline.

well, not entirely pointless because it finally exposed Sami’s real kidnapper. 

Belle, you are not the victim and a lot of your circumstance was created by you. Not just the work of the Devil and Jan Spears. You were unhappy in your marriage and then a plan came together. Shawn does need to take the blame for Jan's manipulations.

Agree with this. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Ah, but that's yet another product of Belle's running away.  She should've stayed and fought by refocusing Shawn on what Jan was obviously doing.  Instead, she just threw up her hands and -- you guessed it -- ran away.  To E.J.  Again.  Some more.

How many times did Belle (and others) warn Shawn that Jan was manipulating him, using the baby/pregnancy as an excuse to get her way/closer to Shawn - - - and yet he still kept indulging Jan?  If Belle had stayed just to become a parrot constantly repeating “Jan’s manipulating you/using you” at some point Belle becomes a nagging harpy.  She wouldn’t be saying anything Shawn hasn’t heard already….

• Applause 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Rachel is only visiting with Tate and Theresa, most likely because it's the summer. That and the kids are siblings. 

Theresa and Kristen do not get along so Theresa should not be anywhere near her daughter even if that is her son's sister. Brady the community peen could spend time with his children without involving Theresa. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Theresa and Kristen do not get along so Theresa should not be anywhere near her daughter even if that is her son's sister. Brady the community peen could spend time with his children without involving Theresa. 

Theresa is no great shakes, but Kristen is a CAREER psycho. I don't blame Brady for not giving a shit what she thinks, feels, or wants. The kids shouldn't have to suffer because that stale bitch doesn't like Theresa.

She doesn't like ANYONE. Rachel is better off without Mommie Dearest, and Krazy Kristen can croak anytime.

If the show needs another female DiMera, there are other options...

• Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't understand the logic. Kristen and Theresa weren't Best friends who had a falling out. Theresa was Kristen's victim because she was involved with Brady. 

Kristen has no parental rights to Rachel and no say on how she is to be raised. 

Theresa for all her faults recognizes Rachel as an innocent child and invited Rachel to visit a little longer with Tate, while Brady went back to Salem.

Your logic would make more sense in a situation like Rafe sending Holly to visit Sami in Italy for the summer. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I don't understand the logic. Kristen and Theresa weren't Best friends who had a falling out. Theresa was Kristen's victim because she was involved with Brady. 

Theresa for all her faults recognizes Rachel as an innocent child and invited Rachel to visit a little longer with Tate, while Brady went back to Salem.

Your logic would make more sense in a situation like Rafe sending Holly to visit Sami in Italy for the summer. 

With any luck, Anne Milbauer is there, helping Theresa babysit the two rugrats.  

In which case, Rachel will return knowing how to make a perfect dirty martini and an expert at trash talking Jennifer.  

Who can ask for anything more?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I chuckled at Kayla being side by side with Belle when the two barely know each other.

They shared enough scenes over the years so I don't think barely know each other is correct.  I think Kayla was really trying to protect Shawn. She knew what Sami was doing.  

I was glad to see Kayla and Steve be there for Shawn.  I hate that Ron forgets that Kayla is a Brady. She rarely sees Shawn and never got to say goodbye to Ciara. Instead we got nauseating Marlena saying goodbye to Ben.  

I just played catch up on this weeks episode.   One thing that was very clear. This show is way too lopsided towards one family.   Ron's favoritism is turning me off watching certain episodes because I've gotten tired of it 

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

At the start Sami was mainly there to be a spoiler for other couples rather than actually having a viable, loving relationship. Brandon was the first guy that ever pursued Sami for real. Then we had Real EJ, which I was into purely for the novelty of seeing Sami on the other side of having an obsessed stalker after the havoc she wrecked on Austin. 

That's pretty much when Days which was couple centric became triangle centric it seemed every plot on the show was a triangle where the schemer was smarter than the couple who was kept apart. Still Sami was much better back then than being in a love triangle where I don't get what either guy sees in her because she's just obnoxious and isn't even full time.  Nicole has her flaws but she's capable of being nice and less of a shrill in comparison so when men are interested in her I can at least understand it.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I miss Anne.  So very, very much.

The actress has been lobbying to return to Days on Twitter so I personally hope she does return. I don't get why they couldn't just pair her and Lucas together. I liked their scenes and she was actually interested in him. Plus Jennifer wouldn't like it either so there's already built in drama.  Kate would also not like her either as she hates most of her sons love interests. He would also have a storyline of his own that doesn't involve Sami god forbid he's allowed to exist without her...

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Well, if she cared about saving her marriage that much, maybe becoming a "nagging harpy" (at least where Jan was concerned) is what she should've done.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

imo, Belle can’t win:

A) Stays as a nagging harpy (not a nice thing to be); or 

B) Leaves and she didn’t fight for her marriage enough. [An aside: Um, so while Shawn was indulging Jan’s every whim (why does Belle need to be kicked out of her own office?), was that Shawn’s “unique”  way of fighting for his marriage?]

Getting off the whole S/B drama, it just occurred to me to wonder: where is Chloe’s younger sister? Does Joy (that’s the sister’s name I think) know about aaaallll the stuff that happened in Salem 

• Craig coming out as gay
  • Craig and Nancy’s divorce 
  • Craig almost marrying Leo

weird how no one has mentioned how little sister is dealing with everything  that’s happened to her family….

• Like 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Who does Kristen get along with? If Brady had to keep everyone who didn't get along with Kristen away from Rachel, she'd only interact with Lani in jail. It's not about Kristen, it's about siblings spending time together and their bond.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Who does Kristen get along with? If Brady had to keep everyone who didn't get along with Kristen away from Rachel, she'd only interact with Lani in jail. It's not about Kristen, it's about siblings spending time together and their bond.

Peter back in the 90s, EJ, Chad although that was more with CD's version, and Lexie I guess.

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, JBC344 said:

It's my opinion and I have the right to express it. All I said was that I don't understand why Theresa has to interact with Kristen's child when her baby daddy  Brady could do that..

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

imo, Belle can’t win:

A) Stays as a nagging harpy (not a nice thing to be); or 

B) Leaves and she didn’t fight for her marriage enough. [An aside: Um, so while Shawn was indulging Jan’s every whim (why does Belle need to be kicked out of her own office?), was that Shawn’s “unique”  way of fighting for his marriage?]

Getting off the whole S/B drama, it just occurred to me to wonder: where is Chloe’s younger sister? Does Joy (that’s the sister’s name I think) know about aaaallll the stuff that happened in Salem 

• Craig coming out as gay
  • Craig and Nancy’s divorce 
  • Craig almost marrying Leo

weird how no one has mentioned how little sister is dealing with everything  that’s happened to her family….

Yes that was her name but I'm sure she's with Claire who apparently isn't mentioned being aware of her mom banging EJ and her dad moving in the woman who tried to kill her a year ago(Belle would have more sympathy if she brought this part up to Shawn) that was having her baby brother. We had Claire be a Cin cheerleader which was totally pointless but when she has actual drama to deal with concerning her parents the show doesn't think its important.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
(edited)

Too many characters in Salem walk around acting like their shit doesn't stink. So when Sami shows up (even if only temporarily) and reminds them that it sure does, I'm all You Go Girl!

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/16/2022 at 12:53 PM, nilyank said:

The actresses are only a year apart. Sami was 15 when she treid to sell Belle on the black market but after sorasing the age difference decreased. Even if MM is playing younger than her actual age, Belle is the mother of a 20 plus year old Claire. That would mean that Sami was in kindergarten when that happened so it is ridiculous for the show to keep harping on it. Also Belle and Sami had a good relationship for most their shared screentime until they wrote off Shelle in 2007/08. The tension between the sisters only first started years after that when Sami gave Belle part of the Dimera funds that she acquired and Belle started to make snarky remarks about Sami.

It's ridiculous for the show to keep harping on it? Why?  It's history of the show. It happened. SORASing screws up ages but it doesn't erase show history. 

Everyone here harps on Ben's murder spree, so remembering Sami's misdeeds is fair game too. 

That said, bringing Sami back for 5 days was so pointlessly stupid. She needs to just stay gone. I missed Tuesday due to breaking news coverage, and since I know it was starring Sami, I'm not wasting my time to go back and watch it. Good riddance! 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It's ridiculous for the show to keep harping on it? Why?  It's history of the show. It happened. SORASing screws up ages but it doesn't erase show history. 

I mean Sami has done so much more than just trying to sell Belle on the black market. This was never a real issue between the sisters and for Belle to suddenly talk about sounds silly when they are in the same scene. It makes Sami to be some super criminal mastermind prodigy.

Belle in particular has other grievances against Sami that are more relevant especially considering her current storyline (Sami getting Jan out early from the mental hospital).

• Like 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Belle in particular has other grievances against Sami that are more relevant especially considering her current storyline (Sami getting Jan out early from the mental hospital).

Except Jan came out, wreaked a little havoc and went back into ANOTHER coma.  Sami isn't the cause of the current problems between Shawn and Belle.  It doesn't matter if she was in a coma or in the mental hospital she would probably have been released so Sami's actions aren't really relevant to the current situation.  They could, on some level, be the reason that Belle chose to sleep with EJ - to get back at Sami.  Unfortunately for Belle, EJ has made it very clear that given a choice between Sami and Belle, he would still pick Sami.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

I mean Sami has done so much more than just trying to sell Belle on the black market. This was never a real issue between the sisters and for Belle to suddenly talk about sounds silly when they are in the same scene. It makes Sami to be some super criminal mastermind prodigy.

The list is long enough that they can and should continue to bring up whatever they want, IMO.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

While I haven't watched much in the last ten years, iirc Sami trying to sell Belle didn't affect their relationship as much as it drove a permanent wedge between Sami and Marlena. I don't think Marlena has ever really truly forgiven her (even though she says she has).

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Maybeitsme said:

I somehow got the idea Sarah will end up being Abigails killer 

Abigail's killer will not be a main character, it will be a made up one to end the story or Jan again 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

While I'm all for JJ/Lucas scenes this seemed really out of place/filler. Especially since we haven't seen JJ in two weeks and then this suddenly happens? Takes away the drama of the whole thing.

Then again this whole Abby murder mystery is an epic fail as a whole. I don't get why they even bothered bringing back Jack/Jennifer/JJ when they are afterthoughts in the whole thing.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Was that the first time that J.J. and Sarah have ever interacted?

No they interacted in the past at the hospital he was the one who took Sarah to the hospital after she went into labor when she got into that accident with Adrienne.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Marlena standing up to Kate was nice. It probably won’t last long though. I do hope she forgives Lucas

I agree I'll enjoy it while I can. They might as well make Marlena/Kate rivals since they pretty much ended Marlena/Kristen.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree I'll enjoy it while I can. They might as well make Marlena/Kate rivals since they pretty much ended Marlena/Kristen.

I always thought that's because the show is bizarrely trying to pretend that Kristen is still somehow in her 40's and therefore peers with Brady. She's been given one of the most eye-rolling "age vague" status I've ever seen on this show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

There is no one else in Salem who is capable of hypnotizing Lucas to recover his missing memories? Saint Marlena, who is pissed off at him and his mother, has to do it?

I have missed Xander.

The DiMera house mirror was distracting. EJ or Chad should have had part of themselves in that mirror.

Nice that Chad confessed.

Jennifer did not need to pull JJ from Lucas. Poor Jack, only having his mate Xander around.

Bye Will. See ya next time.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

No they interacted in the past at the hospital he was the one who took Sarah to the hospital after she went into labor when she got into that accident with Adrienne.

Was he? Xander delivered the baby at the side of the road and was with her when the ambulance arrived. Unless that was when JJ was an EMT then that makes sense. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I always thought that's because the show is bizarrely trying to pretend that Kristen is still somehow in her 40's and therefore peers with Brady. She's been given one of the most eye-rolling "age vague" status I've ever seen on this show.

SORAS has really gotten out of hand to the point that many characters relationships are laughable. You have to forget history for it to make sense how old someone is.  Ron should almost flash a sign at the bottom of the screen that says things like, "Attention viewers, please ignore your memories of Kristin pretending to be pregnant with EJ" since they are now treated like they are only about 10 years apart.  We also have to forget that Sami was a teenager when EJ was a baby and that Will is technically older than his stepfather.  Oh and then there's the fact that neither Hope nor Shawn were teenagers when their first kids were born so therefore neither are old enough for Claire to be the age she is. I'm sure there's more (like Orpheus's kids changed birth order and seem to be reverse SORASed making them younger) but Kristin, EJ, and Claire are some of the most glaring. 

13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

There is no one else in Salem who is capable of hypnotizing Lucas to recover his missing memories? Saint Marlena, who is pissed off at him and his mother, has to do it?

I thought that too!  Majorly unethical and certainly a conflict-of-interest situation. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

After Sarah is cleared we still have to have Clyde figure out who Leo is and then Leo will point the finger at Gwen. Still think Gwen did it as Sarah. Her mentioning needing a lookalike to get out of jail was telling

BTW how awful are Marlena and Rafe? Marlena beaming about Sarah being a suspect and Rafe sending his new hire to bring her in who has no clue about what she's been through 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

BTW how awful are Marlena and Rafe? Marlena beaming about Sarah being a suspect and Rafe sending his new hire to bring her in who has no clue about what she's been through 

Yea, that was so terribly directed or something. DH smiling from ear-to-ear was fucking weird. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You'd think a psychiatrist would have a little bit more empathy lol. She looked deranged over being elated that Sarah of all people might be the killer.

I could see it if Marlena held a grudge against Sarah for keeping Mickey from Eric but they undid that story so..

10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Was he? Xander delivered the baby at the side of the road and was with her when the ambulance arrived. Unless that was when JJ was an EMT then that makes sense. 

Yes he was the EMT.

I also like Jada so far in general even though its obvious they only brought her on to fill the Lani role on this show(and I like her way more)

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

The actress who plays Jada seems like she'll be a stronger actress thatn Sal. 

Today was a good example of how Ron writes plot over character.  They introduced Jada and she has scenes with Clyde, Rafe, Marlena but not Steve or Kayla or anyone her father knew in Salem.

Her father was Steve and Kayla's best friend.  He was tied to them in the 80s so instead of showing us Steve and Kayla meeting Marcus's daughter for the first time we find out Steve recommended her for the job.  So we are cheated of Steve meeting the daughter of his best childhood friend.  Plot over character. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Swartz said:

The actress who plays Jada seems like she'll be a stronger actress thatn Sal. 

Today was a good example of how Ron writes plot over character.  They introduced Jada and she has scenes with Clyde, Rafe, Marlena but not Steve or Kayla or anyone her father knew in Salem.

Her father was Steve and Kayla's best friend.  He was tied to them in the 80s so instead of showing us Steve and Kayla meeting Marcus's daughter for the first time we find out Steve recommended her for the job.  So we are cheated of Steve meeting the daughter of his best childhood friend.  Plot over character. 

I'm guessing Steve and Kayla knew her all along offscreen along with Stephanie. Otherwise Steve wouldn't recommend someone he never met beforehand to Rafe even if she's his friend's daughter. 

I do agree I would prefer her first scenes be with people that knew Marcus but I guess that's asking too much out of this show. 

However this is a retcon I can appreciate a character that's a child of another character that older Days fans would know. A shame Richard Biggs couldn't be a part of it though. So I'm glad they at least went this route rather than give Abe another long lost daughter or make her connected to Paulina. 

She can also be paired with anyone on this show as well. 

That and Sarah's wedding attire are probably the only nice things I can say about this episode.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You'd think a psychiatrist would have a little bit more empathy lol. She looked deranged over being elated that Sarah of all people might be the killer.

She was just thrilled it wasn't Ben

• Like 1
  • LOL 8