Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Maybe the devil should hop to Kayla in about 7 months, or whatever the gestation of CIN's demon child will be. Would be fun to see MBE in that kind of temp role, and as the only doctor, odds are she will do the delivery. Then she can just do a scoop and grab... after swaddling him in a necktie, of course. 😁 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

It would be no loss to me if she left. She is aimless with no family or story on the show. They gave her and Allie this fake relationship to stir up the conflict with Sami but they no longer interact despite living in the same apartment. She shares scenes with Abe maybe once every season and has no relationships with any of his family. The Bradys and Black family stopped  having scenes with her the moment since Belle gave her Eric’s divorce papers. She still has some scenes with Brady and Chloe but that is only because they all presumably are working together at Basic Black.

When GV left, they used her for their charity case by having her fall for Rafe and her contrived friendship with Ava.

She could easily be lifted from Salem and very few people will miss her. 

You feeling no loss is perfectly acceptable to me.  I realize that some may feel no loss when it comes to Nicole leaving. However, just as you feel about it, I think many people would miss her in Salem. Ari is an excellent actress and brings the Zing! 
The idiotic Allie living with Nicole because she cannot stand Sami, never being a true mom to her, was very gracious and awesome on Nicole’s part, because she is a good mom, and a better mother figure to Allie than Sami will ever be. I don’t consider that fake at all. And Allie and Nicole no longer interact because Allie is too busy wanting a baby daddy, named Trip( the UncleNanny) and being jealous of j-Devil and Chanel. Just like Sami, I never ever see Allie with formally known as Henry the blanket. 
 Now with the Brady/Black family. Good for Nicole having no scenes with them, after the greatest  attorney of all, Belle, served divorce papers! 
And sorry, Nicole does have family, Abe being the father of her half brother! Unfortunately, she and Abe don’t have many  scenes together, but  when they do, they’re so very VERYgood! 

Nicole has been on show longer than when Eric coming back. Longer than Brady coming back, same as they aged Belle(teen scene), etc. 

I can think of several peeps being lifted outa Salem, and wouldn’t be missed. Since Brady, Chloe and Nicole work together…let’s get rid of Chloe  and Brady  working there. Nicole is so much better with the clothing line than Chloe and Brady distracted running of it. (Aside from the Rafe table sex 🤦🏼‍♀️🤮) I’d say have Brady stay, but he’d just hit on Nicole. (It would be Rafe/Nicole all over again)🤮🤮🤮😳

Chloe and Brady shouldn’t work together until she or he decide they suck with each other. They do share a common bad parenting bond though. Perhaps  they should go off the grid and be good parents, raising their children together 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

It would be no loss to me if she left. She is aimless with no family or story on the show. They gave her and Allie this fake relationship to stir up the conflict with Sami but they no longer interact despite living in the same apartment. She shares scenes with Abe maybe once every season and has no relationships with any of his family. The Bradys and Black family stopped  having scenes with her the moment since Belle gave her Eric’s divorce papers. She still has some scenes with Brady and Chloe but that is only because they all presumably are working together at Basic Black.

When GV left, they used her for their charity case by having her fall for Rafe and her contrived friendship with Ava.

She could easily be lifted from Salem and very few people will miss her. 

You've really highlighted how irrelevant and out of place Nicole is on the current canvas. She really should have been shipped off when GV left. Instead she's been sucking up airtime for the last year, being beyond boring and childish with Rafe and having a mid-life crisis sleeping her way through town. So pointless.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pearl said:

You've really highlighted how irrelevant and out of place Nicole is on the current canvas. She really should have been shipped off when GV left. Instead she's been sucking up airtime for the last year, being beyond boring and childish with Rafe and having a mid-life crisis sleeping her way through town. So pointless.

Except  it wasn’t her fault Eric abandoning her and her child. So I understand her mid life crises, sleeping her way ‘round town, being sad and feeling ousted,etc.

Agree, pointless, especially with RAFE, aside from him and Xander. She has history with EJ. I don’t think of that as sleeping her way through town, especially when other characters do so, just for the purpose of doing it. Now that sucks up air time!

• Love 1

I don't get why they don't have Nicole go back to reporting and work at The Spectator with Jack. I also liked her as a reporter and she would be using her nosy busybody ways in a healthy manner. Plus it would give Jack something to do and someone else to deal with beyond his usual circle.

• Love 16

I say if your single and safe then go for it! 
It’s interesting only women get called out on it.

Rafe sleeps with Nicole while in a relationship with Ava.   He always seems like a dog in heat to me. 
Brady can’t be alone for a  minute.  
Jake was begging Kate not to breakup with him then a split second later he was in bed with Gabi.  
then there’s poor Roman.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I say if your single and safe then go for it! 
It’s interesting only women get called out on it.

Rafe sleeps with Nicole while in a relationship with Ava.   He always seems like a dog in heat to me. 
Jake was begging Kate not to breakup with him then a split second later he was in bed with Gabi.  
then there’s poor Roman.  

One of the universal Truths among many cultures is women with many sex partners are called nasty names (or worse!) while men skate on by when they have multiple sex partners. Even women will call out their fellow females, it's not just men doing the name calling.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

@Chellfairy curious why you think Brady is a bad parent ?

I always liked Nicole my favorite job she had was investigating reporting.  She should work with Jack.  
   Is Johnny fighting the devil is that why he is sick ?   

With Brady, probably because of the choices he makes with his women, how they seem to come first. And I’ve never seen him be with his daughter except one time a few months back, can’t exactly remember what..maybe picking out a pumpkin for Halloween. Anyway, it was something like that, and instead of having what should have been a sweet Daddy/daughter  moment.. he insisted Chloe go along, which ruined the whole thing for me.
 Doesn’t he have another kid? A son? I wasn’t watching at the time so I can’t comment on if he was a good parent to him.

I like the idea of Nicole going back to investigating reporting! She’d excel at that. 

• Love 2

Abs should recommend Nicole as a reporter for the Spectator, or Jack, or whoever is in charge.

Very quiet new year celebration. Kate told Roman Philip is still alive and getting help, which is at least her being honest. Odd they'd have dinner with Steve and Kayla.

Marlena seemed surprised that Mardevil kissed Kayla. That was funny.

I liked Johnny's red suit, but it didn't need the red vest. It was a sartorial statement. Wonder if his physical illness symptoms have to do with the possession occurring. At least he spoke some Italian to Grandpa's portrait. Too bad it couldn't be stored in the wine cellar.

Tripp and Allie are boring.

Don't get Sami's reconciling with EJ, tearing up the divorce papers and then running off with Lucas five minutes later. Is she trying to trap him to get the confession that he kidnapped her? I am missing something.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Abs should recommend Nicole as a reporter for the Spectator, or Jack, or whoever is in charge.

Very quiet new year celebration. Kate told Roman Philip is still alive and getting help, which is at least her being honest. Odd they'd have dinner with Steve and Kayla.

Marlena seemed surprised that Mardevil kissed Kayla. That was funny.

I liked Johnny's red suit, but it didn't need the red vest. It was a sartorial statement. Wonder if his physical illness symptoms have to do with the possession occurring. At least he spoke some Italian to Grandpa's portrait. Too bad it couldn't be stored in the wine cellar.

Tripp and Allie are boring.

Don't get Sami's reconciling with EJ, tearing up the divorce papers and then running off with Lucas five minutes later. Is she trying to trap him to get the confession that he kidnapped her? I am missing something.

Abs works? I had no idea. 
I thought that Kayla thinking it too soon to make a joke about Mardevil kissing her was hilarious. 
Liked Johnnys suit, not the vest, as well, and loved how he forgot about Tripp and Allie waiting for the New Year toast. Tripp and Allie ARE so very boring, so I think maybe that’s why he “forgot”

I don’t get the Sami/Lucas/Ej thing going on..why Sami has to leave town with Lucas asap…Come on Lucas, stop being the dumbass! 

• Love 3
On 1/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, tribeca said:

not really understanding how this works    Why Marlene, Doug and Johnny ?   What left them open to being possessed?

No one knows, not even the writers.

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That could tie in with my sister's hope that another demon would come to town and have a conflict with the devil; maybe Eric is another demon who came to sabotage the efforts to rid Salem of the devil.

Cool idea. But then wouldn't the devil have known Eric was possessed and not bothered conjuring up Eileen to tempt him?

I liked today's New Years Eve post mortem...but was it necessary to revisit Marlena kissing Kayla....? And have her say "...I thought I was enlightened..." as if a same-sex kiss were somehow more upsetting to Doc than nearly killing 6 people?

Weird. Ron gets his kicks doing the weirdest things. It was like we were supposed to either find it kinky that Doc kissed a girl or take note of her homophobia. That entire exchange was one big over-eager "didja see that? Didja didja?" when the kiss was a big nothing burger. I even forgot it happened. Why bring it up? Marlena isn't gay or bi, and she can't be homophobic after ushering Will into his true self...so...huh? Maybe we were supposed to laugh at the awkwardness or something?

I do find it funny that Chanel and Johnny dressed up that nicely to have one toast for all of two minutes. They all looked great. Why not dance? Doesn't the DiMansion have a big empty room where they could boogie down? Or why not go to a club....or the pub?

Glad Kate leveled with Roman but...what's the game plan here? Have a saner Philip resurface and turn himself in?

I was distracted by Roman's new hair color. Isn't he supposed to have reddish brown hair...? Now it's blondie brown white or something.

Josh T looked like he was going bald back in the 90s. How he's kept that center tuft atop his head the last 25 years I'll never know...

The Lucas Sami stuff is rushed as hell...but dang if we haven't waited years for it. So of course, their happy reunion will take place off screen where we can't enjoy it.

(...does Sami know Johnny is married?)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The Lucas Sami stuff is rushed as hell...but dang if we haven't waited years for it. So of course, their happy reunion will take place off screen where we can't enjoy it.

(...does Sami know Johnny is married?)

Yes!  One minute is crying to Gabi about still being in love with EJ and the next she's declaring her love for Lucas and proposing that they leave town and buy a house together somewhere.  This is beyond rushed.

And yes, she was there when Johnny and Chanel announced their marriage.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

And sorry, Nicole does have family, Abe being the father of her half brother! Unfortunately, she and Abe don’t have many  scenes together, but  when they do, they’re so very VERYgood! 

Abe is Brandon's father!  I didn't know that, (wasn't really watching when Brandon was around) but explains why Nicole and Abe are so close, which though I like, never understood. 

If they're not going to pair Nicole with Eric, then put her with Brady. They have chemistry, and I prefer them as a couple to Brady & Chloe, and way more than Brady & Kristen, though I prefer Brady with Kristen than when he was with Theresa.   

11 hours ago, tribeca said:

So true, isn't it.   

• Love 5

I've found these New Year's Eve/New Year's episodes so boring. Boring people talking about boring things.

I'm used to New Year's episodes being exciting, joyful, until something horrendous happens that sets up the first quarter of storylines for the year. Instead I get a discussion of Dupree vs. Dimera as a last name. Sigh.

I don't believe Tripp would ever use the word "sartorial" correctly in a sentence.

I know Roman is just barely a character, but I still don't like him keeping this Philip secret. I realize he doesn't care about the half a handful of people who care that Philip is missing, but those 2.5 people still care about Philip.  Since he'll never interact with them, I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't see why it's so terrible Lucas had Sami kidnapped. Sami barely cared until she needed to for storyline purposes. I find it more disturbing that he chloroformed her.

Tripp/Chanel/Allie/Johnny has to be the most boring 20s scene we've ever had on this show. I honestly yawned through most of their scenes.

To end on a positive note, I did like the image of Johnny in a red suit, with the roaring fireplace, and the Stefano portrait above it. That was a nice image to end the episode on.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was distracted by Roman's new hair color. Isn't he supposed to have reddish brown hair...? Now it's blondie brown white or something.

Josh T looked like he was going bald back in the 90s. How he's kept that center tuft atop his head the last 25 years I'll never know...

I'm betting one word: toupee. And conveniently Salem doesn't seem to get any high winds. 😁

37 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm used to New Year's episodes being exciting, joyful, until something horrendous happens that sets up the first quarter of storylines for the year. Instead I get a discussion of Dupree vs. Dimera as a last name. Sigh.

I was just thinking yesterday of the NYE of '99-'00 maybe....the one where the real Princess Gina got shot, and The Penthouse Grill was the big hang-out in Salem. While the viewers were flipping their calendars to February, the Salemites were still living an endless 24-hour New Year's Eve/New Year's Day.  Of course, I'm not sure it all can be attributed to engaging action though. This was also about the time when Days loved overusing flashbacks from the day or two before and that ate up a ton of airtime. 

But I agree, this NYE felt a bit bland and low-key. 

• Love 4

Wonder if Gianni is putting up a fight with The Devil given how many times he had to 'shake it off' and was faltering when with Chanel, Allie, and Tripp.  And yeah, the show needs to explain what makes one susceptible to possession - Marlena allowed herself to be host to save Doug but why were Doug and Gianni taken down? Maybe Gianni allowed himself to be taken in place of his grandmother so she'd be freed.

And it just hit me that Susan is gonna be mad and scared and sad that The Devil got her grandson after everything she went through in Round 1 of their battles. Wonder if since she's staying at the mansion if she'll cross paths with him and immediately realize something is wrong with her grandson?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I was just thinking yesterday of the NYE of '99-'00 maybe....the one where the real Princess Gina got shot, and The Penthouse Grill was the big hang-out in Salem. While the viewers were flipping their calendars to February, the Salemites were still living an endless 24-hour New Year's Eve/New Year's Day.  Of course, I'm not sure it all can be attributed to engaging action though. This was also about the time when Days loved overusing flashbacks from the day or two before and that ate up a ton of airtime. 

But I agree, this NYE felt a bit bland and low-key. 

I was thinking of the 95 - I think - NYE when Bo and Billie were getting married. The big reveal to the audience was that Marlena was the desecrator and had set a trap for Bo and Billie to be killed on their wedding day in front of all of Salem. Alice Horton was given a music box that convinced her Gina was Hope and she objected to the wedding. Jack was planning to destroy Jennifer and Peter's engagement by revealing himself at the wedding, and unbeknownst to him, he'd slept with Laura under an assumed identity. 

There was so much action and suspense and boiling tensions coming to a fulfilling explosion. 

This year we got a decapitated teddy bear. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Dispatcher: "911, what's your emergency?"

Nicole: "My teddy bear has been attacked! I need Rafe and put out an arrest warrant for Sami Brady."

Dispatcher: "Umm, hold please while I transfer you to Build-a-Bear."

tenor.gif?itemid=11842251

Too bad Steve didn't make a big scene in a restaurant to warn Rafe about Ava. If only, Nicole knew that Sami was still hot for Lucas and EJ, but not Rafe.  This is going to be a real mystery for them to crack.  But at least there's no missing person cases or escaped convicts to take priority. 🙄

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

How can Kayla take time away from the hospital to go sleuthing with Steve?  Doesn't she have to be available for brain surgeries, ER admittances, births, etc.  Guess the student resident, Tripp, is gonna be busy! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wonder if Gianni is putting up a fight with The Devil given how many times he had to 'shake it off' and was faltering when with Chanel, Allie, and Tripp.  And yeah, the show needs to explain what makes one susceptible to possession - Marlena allowed herself to be host to save Doug but why were Doug and Gianni taken down? Maybe Gianni allowed himself to be taken in place of his grandmother so she'd be freed.

I believe his name is Johnny (actually John maybe?) and Stefano called him Giovanni. I think they explained the Doug thing by saying he was weak and frail so it was easier for the devil to get in there. I don't know how they'll explain the Johnny situation. Honestly, they probably won't lol.

54 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Shouldnt the building where Basic Black is located have a security system with cameras?  All the cops would have to do is check the security videos of who went in & out of the building that night.

They'll remember that in about a week. That's what happened when Phillip conked Brady. Belle remembered a bit later that the pub has cameras.

I absolutely loved everything about today's ep. 

Ava is everything to me right now. I am so excited to watch her mess with Nicole and Rafe. I hope her and Gwen have more scenes, I love their burgeoning friendship.

I hope we actually get to see some scenes with Kayla and Steve searching for Kristen.

I'm interested to see Xander and Abigail interacting. I feel like I've never seen them together.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe his name is Johnny (actually John maybe?) and Stefano called him Giovanni.

Yup, you're right.  He's John Roman DiMera. Back when they were kids they did use the nickname Gianni for him sometimes and I'm like that old auntie who was so used to calling him by his nickname that I'm not used to calling him by his grown name. How quickly they grow up!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe his name is Johnny (actually John maybe?) and Stefano called him Giovanni. I think they explained the Doug thing by saying he was weak and frail so it was easier for the devil to get in there. I don't know how they'll explain the Johnny situation. Honestly, they probably won't lol.

They'll remember that in about a week. That's what happened when Phillip conked Brady. Belle remembered a bit later that the pub has cameras.

I absolutely loved everything about today's ep. 

Ava is everything to me right now. I am so excited to watch her mess with Nicole and Rafe. I hope her and Gwen have more scenes, I love their burgeoning friendship.

I hope we actually get to see some scenes with Kayla and Steve searching for Kristen.

I'm interested to see Xander and Abigail interacting. I feel like I've never seen them together.

That's because they never interacted together and I also want to see it because I think the show might finally give Abby and Chad a storyline that doesn't involve her going crazy or dealing with an interloper.  I think it could cause natural conflict between them when Abigail finds out Kristen is behind it.

Its absurd this show can't give Steve/Kayla a storyline of their own I mean is it that hard to bring one of their kids back? I really don't want them to find Kristen.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7

So the teddy bear is cut up so Nicole calls the police commissioner that there's an emergency and come right now? The bear is the emergency and he's on the case. Yet Xander and Maggie can't get a cop to look for Sarah?

Jack good riddance. Take Gwen with your He tried to act like he cared about what Gwen did to Abby and Jennifer, "when i think about what she did to you and Abigail." Huh, he never cared. He excused everything.

Kayla can just take off like that from being Chief of Staff. 

• Love 2

So Duke got beheaded? Nicole needs to talk to the Commissioner about it? At least Ava could have ransacked the office a bit to make it look more like a break-in. She could just have stuck Duke in a bag, taken him to the police station and given him back to Rafe, or just thrown him away. Sami wouldn't care about the stupid bear. Ava being jealous and unstable, might.

Hope she can make it to Marshall's or TJ Maxx to get a new mug. I would love to throw china and break it, but I am also the person who has to clean it up. Such a waste. Ava, you can always dump Rafe or better yet, he breaks up with you. All you do is cook for him.

Bye Jack and Jen. What is so pressing about being in Boston? How much estate can there be to keep them there for months? No, he did not have to say good bye to Gwen. A text or call saying be back soon would work. At least all is well with Xander and Jack being friends again.

Gwen, you should not be visiting your new pal, Ava.

Sarah Horton's disappearance is more pressing than Duke. No cops to help out, no checking Maggie's phone for the source of the texts from Sarah. Just Abigail and now Xander.

Who is going to be chief of staff if Kayla just decides to go on a holiday? That needs to be booked weeks in advance. Poor Tripp. He will be too tuckered out for Allie, which she'd probably like.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Who is going to be chief of staff if Kayla just decides to go on a holiday? That needs to be booked weeks in advance. Poor Tripp. He will be too tuckered out for Allie, which she'd probably like.

If only Kayla knew that in looking for Kristen, she is going to find someone else who can help take up the load. Tripp still has less than a year left in medical school.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

So the teddy bear is cut up so Nicole calls the police commissioner that there's an emergency and come right now? The bear is the emergency and he's on the case. Yet Xander and Maggie can't get a cop to look for Sarah?

Salem logic everybody!

Now...is Xandy seriously going to waltz over to Marlena's doorstep tomorrow and try to hire her husband...after having shot her and put her in a coma? And shot and nearly killed Brady?

See, then I'd expect her eyes to start glowing...

It'd be insanely hypocritical for her to stlll hate Xander but coddle Ben....yet that's what I expect will happen. I mean, she should hate Xander, her and John both. But they should also hate Ben.

When did Abigail become a great reporter?? I have never heard a thing about that.

Can Ava just cook a Rafe stew already?

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bye Jack and Jen. What is so pressing about being in Boston? How much estate can there be to keep them there for months?

I've decided that Jenn discovered that Laura was really this Mafia Drug Kingpin and she's now taken over the job.  That demented Heidi dress is really one of the outfits she wears in that role.  

Poor Jack doesn't know that this whole "We bought a newspaper!" thing is just a story Jenn concocted to get him to come back to Boston with her, where she'll turn him into a drug mule, forced to swallow dime bags of metamucil he'll be smuggling into nursing homes and selling on the sly.

Julie is next.......

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, buffynut said:

Abe is Brandon's father!  I didn't know that, (wasn't really watching when Brandon was around) but explains why Nicole and Abe are so close, which though I like, never understood. 

If they're not going to pair Nicole with Eric, then put her with Brady. They have chemistry, and I prefer them as a couple to Brady & Chloe, and way more than Brady & Kristen, though I prefer Brady with Kristen than when he was with Theresa.   

So true, isn't it.   

Yes, Brady always has to have a partner! Just like Sami, seems they always have to be with someone. After all the two have been through.. it would be wise for them to take a time out. Focus on their kids, especially Brady, because his daughter is so young.
I don’t like Brady or Chloe, and find them both boring as heck. As far as being a couple, after several times trying and failing, I think that ship has sailed. I don’t find they have any chemistry as a couple, however if they want to do the boardroom table(Rafe/Nicole) thing..I’m up for that, even though it’d be so very hypocritical on Brady’s part, after his judgmental comments about Rafe and Nicole. True, it was gross, but it wasn’t his place to think he owns the biz, plus he didn’t have to clean it up.  Chloe and Brady need partners opposite of themselves. We who watch need more excitement, in general.I’ll stop rambling on about it

Bottom line..better as friends (w/benefits- because we all know both can’t control themselves)

**Oops, just realized I went on a rant about Brady/Chloe , when you were saying you’d prefer Brady/Nicole. I am not on board for that coupling either. I like Nicole and think she has loads of chem with a lot of the cast(mail-female)

I’d prefer her with EJ if she has to be paired. Anyone other than Brady..plus, she was married to his granpops. 🤮

Edited by Chellfairy
Me
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

If only Kayla knew that in looking for Kristen, she is going to find someone else who can help take up the load. Tripp still has less than a year left in medical school.

Ahh, that won’t stop them. Tripp is already co-chief there, even though he’s way too young to have less than a year of med school to go.🙄

Plus, how’s he gonna finish when he is constantly taking care of his ( son ) Henry, and making all meals for busy working mom, Allie!??🤔

He’s Spectacular! 😬

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Weak and fragile the man who was playing racquetball at 90. 

That was awhile ago. He easily could have deteriorated since then. I mean, the man is over 90 lol it's not hard to imagine.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bye Jack and Jen. What is so pressing about being in Boston? Hw much estate can there be to keep them there for months?

They bought a local paper and are going to get it back up and running. 

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Now...is Xandy seriously going to waltz over to Marlena's doorstep tomorrow and try to hire her husband...after having shot her and put her in a coma? And shot and nearly killed Brady?

Pretty sure he already nixed asking John for help during yesterday's ep so this won't be happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

es, Brady always has to have a partner! Just like Sami, seems they always have to be with someone. After all the two have been through.. it would be wise for them to take a time out. Focus on their kids, especially Brady, because his daughter is so young.

That's not really how soap operas work. If you're not paired up, you're gone, or at the very least severely back burnered.

2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I’d prefer her with EJ if she has to be paired. Anyone other than Brady..plus, she was married to his granpops.

And his stepbrother.  And he has her late fiance's heart.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3

I enjoyed this episode a little more. Mainly because of Maggie/Abby. They rarely share scenes; I honestly couldn't think of any. I thought they worked well together. I like the idea of Abby/Sarah potentially interacting. I liked that Maggie mentioned Melissa and Nathan - I pretend Melanie doesn't exist. I liked seeing Maggie look at the Horton Family Album with a picture of her and Mickey. She reminded me of the Maggie I used to love. 

Gwen said Sarah is smart - that's debatable. Classy - she was childish and a reject Lucy Ricardo impersonator. And a good person - that's an outright lie. Gwen didn't know Sarah, at all. 

I dislike that this is partly to put Abby/Gwen in conflict with each other. 

I ask for more friendships, and the show gives me Gwen/Ava and repairs Jack/Xander. This show really hates me.

I liked Jennifer silently rolling her eyes in the background. I wish she was a real character again because I would love her perspective on Xander and Gwen.

I'm not trying to be mean but Steve and John are in their 70s. Why isn't the show giving younger characters these adventurous storylines. An Abby/Chad/Xander/Gwen search for Sarah could be interesting. As Abby and Xander are searching for Sarah, Gwen is silently derailing the in the background. Chad is there because this is a better placement for him that the boring Dimera Enterprises storyline.

Eli literally has nothing to do. Couldn't he and Lani also join that foursome in their search for Kristen and what she allegedly did to Philp. The twins could be kept by an offscreen Doug and Mama Price.

Nicole is at her desk crying over a teddy bear. What does Ari feel about this storyline? Is she crying because this is what she has to do to pay the bills? I mean wow.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Does Rafe realize he can just break up with Ava?

I think that epiphany is about to come too late.  He's just dumb enough to try the "no hard feelings" line on her and see a heaping hot boiling pot of tortellini come flying towards him. 

9 hours ago, boes said:

I've decided that Jenn discovered that Laura was really this Mafia Drug Kingpin and she's now taken over the job.  That demented Heidi dress is really one of the outfits she wears in that role.  

Poor Jack doesn't know that this whole "We bought a newspaper!" thing is just a story Jenn concocted to get him to come back to Boston with her, where she'll turn him into a drug mule, forced to swallow dime bags of metamucil he'll be smuggling into nursing homes and selling on the sly.

Julie is next.......

You're hired! 

#ThingsKenCordayShouldSay

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Never thought I'd have to say this, but you all here are a really heartless bunch!  A STUFFED BEAR WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED!!!!  No one has expressed outrage over the fact that this heinous crime was actually shown in great detail.  We even saw STUFFING!!  I'm surprised the FCC allowed this amount of graphic violence to be show on network TV.  OF COURSE the police commissioner should drop EVERYTHING to investigate this brutal crime.  Who cares about missing people when stuffed animals are at risk.  What's next - stuffed bunnies?  Where will it stop?

Yup, that's what this show has devolved to.  After weeks of people basically saying things like "Devil possession?  Huh.  Bummer I guess."  and "They've scheduled a Christmas exorcism" with as much enthusiasm as someone saying "Did you hear the Shady Pines Senior Choir will be singing carols at the square on Christmas Eve?"  The police barely even blinked (Shawn was only involved because it was his mother-in-law - not because he was actually on a case.)  But the murder of a stuffed bear, yup, that absolutely deserves being called an emergency worthy of immediate action by the police commissioner.

• LOL 16
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Never thought I'd have to say this, but you all here are a really heartless bunch!  A STUFFED BEAR WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED!!!!  No one has expressed outrage over the fact that this heinous crime was actually shown in great detail.  We even saw STUFFING!!  I'm surprised the FCC allowed this amount of graphic violence to be show on network TV.  OF COURSE the police commissioner should drop EVERYTHING to investigate this brutal crime.  Who cares about missing people when stuffed animals are at risk.  What's next - stuffed bunnies?  Where will it stop?

Yup, that's what this show has devolved to.  After weeks of people basically saying things like "Devil possession?  Huh.  Bummer I guess."  and "They've scheduled a Christmas exorcism" with as much enthusiasm as someone saying "Did you hear the Shady Pines Senior Choir will be singing carols at the square on Christmas Eve?"  The police barely even blinked (Shawn was only involved because it was his mother-in-law - not because he was actually on a case.)  But the murder of a stuffed bear, yup, that absolutely deserves being called an emergency worthy of immediate action by the police commissioner.

I lol’d at this and also cried, until I realized This bear, who had more personality than any other character on show, can, and should be brought back to life.. Trip is a stellar seamstress with his own sewing basket, and could easily put him back together.
Better yet, have him do it in the DiMera dungeon/lab....J-devil could make a visit, and WHAM! BAM!! Dukie Bear is now ALIVE ALIVE!  And Johnny is Free! Another Salemexorcism!
Thanks to Dr Tripenstein, we now have hmmm..Dukiedevil! ?????

Anyone?

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

He's just dumb enough to try the "no hard feelings" line on her and see a heaping hot boiling pot of tortellini come flying towards him.

I actually really hope her revenge comes in the form of Italian cooking.

The Nine Course Meal of DEATH!!!

2 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

hmmm..Dukiedevil!

Dookie?

kenan-thompson-what.gif

• LOL 11
6 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I lol’d at this and also cried, until I realized This bear, who had more personality than any other character on show, can, and should be brought back to life.. Trip is a stellar seamstress with his own sewing basket, and could easily put him back together.
Better yet, have him do it in the DiMera dungeon/lab....J-devil could make a visit, and WHAM! BAM!! Dukie Bear is now ALIVE ALIVE!  And Johnny is Free! Another Salemexorcism!
Thanks to Dr Tripenstein, we now have hmmm..Dukiedevil! ?????

Anyone?

Now I REALLY want this.  I want to see Abe try to explain how he was brutally attacked by a stuffed bear or maybe Roman trying to show the cops video footage of Duke vandalizing the Pub.  Obviously, Nicole and Rafe would have to exorcise Duke by reminding it about the GREAT LOVE they all share.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did he? I don't remember dialogue about that...

I'm not surprised you missed it since the way Xander said it, it was basically a throwaway line.  He was staring at his phone, either post call or text, and told Steve and Kayla that John had turned him down, that he wasn't taking any cases, said he needed to stay close to Marlena while she recovered.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bye Jack and Jen. What is so pressing about being in Boston? How much estate can there be to keep them there for months?

They bought a new newspaper up there.

I appreciated that they mentioned that Mike was helping Jennifer go over Laura's estate.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, RedElf said:

They bought a new newspaper up there.

I appreciated that they mentioned that Mike was helping Jennifer go over Laura's estate.

Yeah because newspaper media is such a growth industry and excellent investment to make.

• LOL 14