Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Grimace you damn moron Kate didn't bring Clyde "back" to Salem. Was there a Clyde character in Salem back then before that we're unaware of? This is what I love about Kate, she's upfront when you ask her whether or not she did something. I love a character that's very self aware of who they are. Grimace quit all that damn whining.

STFU Melanie with the, "We don't have a right to judge AbiFail". Really bitch??? Heaven forbid we judge her for spreading her legs to EJ like a common tramp. Why is Melanie always contorting her face to look all shy and I'm cute look at me faces? She's just as judgmental as Dingy and the Hortons, so I don't like her, bitch can go anytime.

Writers love to torture us with Itchy & Scracthy's wildebeest sex. All they do is have sex. Yea don't speak to BOllie about "shower sex" cause she'll flash right back to EJ and having shower sex with him. She's such a scab. Punchy and Slappy's scenes were completely pointless today. We always have to see that metro cartoon character in a towel don't we.

Ok how could we not know that there was two takes taken when Paul said hospitality, cause it was extremely different with how he said it yesterday.

STFU Eyelash, Sonny can have an attitude all he wants. People keep asking him about Sneasel like Sonny is planted up his ass. He tried many times to reach out to that thing he's married to but Sneasel still can't find it in him to pick up a phone. That whole excuse of being busy doesn't fly with anyone, in between takes, writing, going to bed, getting up in the morning.

Paul laid it on just a little too thick, which makes him sound stupid with her being the woman he wants and then kissing Theresa. His character is now just grating. Then he locks the supply room and kisses Sonny. Not that I blame him there, I would do the same to Sonny lol. Hey, anything is better than Sneasel so I'll take it and poor Theresa though, not gonna be happy that Paul has a hard on for Sonny. 

Didn't care for Mr. Rapey and his session with RoboMar. She keeps her judgmental face on even while with a patient and he's just blah.

• Love 1

Chad needs to make a move on Melanie instead of lusting after That Creature.

I almost vomited with Abifail and her penis provider starting humping. And you just know those two wildebeests are too stupid to use condoms and/or birth control. I expect her to get knocked up within a year.

So Clyde abused his kids and now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because his father was terrible? No dice.

• Love 4

Maggie and Melanie were just judging Nick and Nicole yesterday so they are hypocrites. What is the function of Jordan. She and Chad are pointless. Abigail is pointless too, that's why they just show them humping. I'm so happy that the gays have the juice since I had to sit thru EJabby for nine months.

Grimace you damn moron Kate didn't bring Clyde "back" to Salem. Was there a Clyde character in Salem back then before that we're unaware of? This is what I love about Kate, she's upfront when you ask her whether or not she did something. I love a character that's very self aware of who they are. Grimace quit all that damn whining.

STFU Melanie with the, "We don't have a right to judge AbiFail". Really bitch??? Heaven forbid we judge her for spreading her legs to EJ like a common tramp. Why is Melanie always contorting her face to look all shy and I'm cute look at me faces? She's just as judgmental as Dingy and the Hortons, so I don't like her, bitch can go anytime.

Writers love to torture us with Itchy & Scracthy's wildebeest sex. All they do is have sex. Yea don't speak to BOllie about "shower sex" cause she'll flash right back to EJ and having shower sex with him. She's such a scab. Punchy and Slappy's scenes were completely pointless today. We always have to see that metro cartoon character in a towel don't we.

Ok how could we not know that there was two takes taken when Paul said hospitality, cause it was extremely different with how he said it yesterday.

STFU Eyelash, Sonny can have an attitude all he wants. People keep asking him about Sneasel like Sonny is planted up his ass. He tried many times to reach out to that thing he's married to but Sneasel still can't find it in him to pick up a phone. That whole excuse of being busy doesn't fly with anyone, in between takes, writing, going to bed, getting up in the morning.

Paul laid it on just a little too thick, which makes him sound stupid with her being the woman he wants and then kissing Theresa. His character is now just grating. Then he locks the supply room and kisses Sonny. Not that I blame him there, I would do the same to Sonny lol. Hey, anything is better than Sneasel so I'll take it and poor Theresa though, not gonna be happy that Paul has a hard on for Sonny. 

Didn't care for Mr. Rapey and his session with RoboMar. She keeps her judgmental face on even while with a patient and he's just blah.

In fairness to Jordan, I think she said "that psychopath to Salem."

So what if the new TBD isn't near BOllie's apartment? Does he not have a car? Does Salem not have any public transportation?

Since people seem to be able to cross town in the blink of an eye anyway (when the plot demands it), I hardly think BOllie's commute requires its own plotline. Hell, people zip around so instantaneously that half the time it seems like there's either a trans-dimensional fault line running through the middle of the town or there's a TARDIS-bush just outside Horton Town Square.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

OK, I had to turn off the TV during that extended "dramatic"  sex scene with Ben and Abby. Honestly, I would rather have bleach poured into my eyes than watch those two rolling around the sheets. And I'm sorry, but Ben is in denial about his gayness.

• Love 2

just when I thought I was done with this show.......they pull me back in!!

The last 5 minutes with Ponny (that should be the nickname for Paul/Sonny imo) was totally awesome. Could it be that the powers that be are finally giving Freddie a real soap plot line that doesn't revolve around that millstone around his neck named Sneasel and have Sonny have an affair?  Are they going to bring out his inner Kiriakis and give Saint Sonny a dark side and let Freddie finally shine as a real daytime actor?  Say it isn't so!!

The only bad thing is we have to wait until Monday to see if Paul and Sonny will have hot sex (probably not, but they damn well better as soon and as often as possible). That and the fact that it appears that Sneasel will also be returning soon (damn)

• Love 3

The best part of today's show - hell, the best thing in weeks, was Chad laying out for Melanie EXACTLY what Abigail's responsibility was in her affair with EJ, and then he iced the cake by calling out the Salem Morality Police.  That was marvelous to hear.  If the show wasn't taped so far in advance, I'd say the writers were reading the boards.  

But if the writers were reading the boards Abigail and Jenn would have fallen into a woodchipper months ago.

Ben is angry all the time, but I have no idea why. 

Check Abifail with the nod to showersex when she told Ben that if she joined him in the shower he would never leave. I suppose it's where she does her best work. I still have PTSD from the flashbacks.

Writers love to torture us with Itchy & Scracthy's wildebeest sex. All they do is have sex. Yea don't speak to BOllie about "shower sex" cause she'll flash right back to EJ and having shower sex with him. 

I almost vomited with Abifail and her penis provider starting humping. And you just know those two wildebeests are too stupid to use condoms and/or birth control. I expect her to get knocked up within a year.

So Clyde abused his kids and now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because his father was terrible? No dice.

OK, I had to turn off the TV during that extended "dramatic"  sex scene with Ben and Abby. Honestly, I would rather have bleach poured into my eyes than watch those two rolling around the sheets.

The good news about all the Ben and Abigail sex is that by fast forwarding through all that mess means it only takes me about 20 minutes to watch the whole show.

I assume Ben is angry all the time because he's being forced to getl sweat all over that plucked and wax body of his, AND he has to do it having simulated sex with a Chia Pet.  Chi chi chi chi chi..CHIA!
I'm hoping that Ollie and Abigail can't reproduce, at least with each other.  Two cartoon characters shouldn't be able to have children.  Plus, even with all that lipsmacking UMMMM yummy goodness they seem to mistake for sex, I suspect they're both as smooth "down there" as a pair of Ken and Barbie dolls.  The smell of sex on those two would be the odor of melting plastic.

The last 5 minutes with Ponny (that should be the nickname for Paul/Sonny imo) was totally awesome. Could it be that the powers that be are finally giving Freddie a real soap plot line that doesn't revolve around that millstone around his neck named Sneasel and have Sonny have an affair?  Are they going to bring out his inner Kiriakis and give Saint Sonny a dark side and let Freddie finally shine as a real daytime actor?  Say it isn't so!!

Wouldn't that be great?  This is why I'm willing to cut Paul a little slack with this over-the-top "I'm a playa" crap.  If this leads to an actual Sonny Kiriakis storyline that gives him something to do other than carry the diaper bag, I'm IN.

Plus, it should also give us more Po Up Victor.

All in all, a WIN for us.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow posters on here.  I've been on a few boards over the years and this one is the best by far.  You've all not only got something to say, you all say it with style.  And man do you guys know how to make us laugh!

Thanks, and have a great holiday.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I assume Ben is angry all the time because he's being forced to get all sweat all over that plucked and wax body of his, AND he has to do it having simulated sex with a Chia Pet.  Chi chi chi chi chi..CHIA!

I'm hoping that Ollie and Abigail can't reproduce, at least with each other.  Two cartoon characters shouldn't be able to have children.  Plus, even with all that lipsmacking UMMMM yummy goodness they seem to mistake for sex, I suspect they're both as smooth "down there" as a pair of Ken and Barbie dolls.  The smell of sex on those two would be the odor of melting plastic.

This had me LMFAO, I'm surprised that Melanie couldn't smell the plastic or maybe she did hence why she turned her face away. BOllie probably does look like Ken down there.

• Love 2

I don't really think Kate Mansi is into Abigail and Ben. She keeps retweeting EJabby shower sex music videos.

I guess this is a thing soap actors do on Twitter, but the whole thing is still sort of funny to me -- maybe because I'd feel uncomfortable watching videos of myself making odd faces in a shower? No doubt, JS is hot, but still...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

So how long will it take for Ciara to get her grubby little hands on Melanie's bag-o-money?

And we had another Salemism occurrence with someone leaving a door open and people barging in to people's houses.

I'm happy Sonny got a little action and more T(had) please!

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 5

Marlena disregarded Kate's concerns on Will, basically was a bad shrink and laughed at Kate's concerns over Will's behavior regarding his marriage. Now Rafe goes in there and Marlena's suddenly calling Will to discuss his promises he isn't fulfilling to Gabi?

• Love 2

Ciara could easily blackmail Melanie into giving her the money with her guile and vocabulary. Ciara may be only 10 (or younger?), but she does seem more sophisticated than Melanie. (And Abigail too!). Let's see Ciara give Abigail some art lessons! Maybe she could give some eyebrow advice to Ben too. Dude needs help, and for some reason I feel Ciara would know what she's talking about (is it the resemblance to Jackie Kennedy and Angie Harmon?)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I was watching tv and think BOllie's eyebrows are copies of Emma Stone's. It's a very similar shape and arch. While I'm being superficial Sonny was looking good this week. His Sneasel is lucky and doesn't appreciate it. His husband is handsome, kind, hard working, business shrewd, financially secure and willing to support, and loves his daughter and family. I really hope they put them in other orbits.

I hate Abby and I hate Clyde.

• Love 2

Speaking of, we get no Thanksgiving scenes from the show this week? I have such fond memories of helping my mom bake pies while watching the annual Thanksgiving soap rituals. Maybe that was more As the World Turns than Days, come to think of it. 

• Love 3

I remember when I was very young Days was on in one of the family rooms on Thanksgiving my paternal great grandparents loved Days (I associate them with that dramatic hourglass and intro and the fact they always played cards each night) -my maternal grandparents liked the CBS soaps, and my mom loved the ABC ones which must be why I watch or have watched all off and on. I digress, even though this year wasn't very festive or warm the holiday episodes probably will be with the decorating of the tree.

Melanie is starting to annoy. I hate Abby, Mel is ok, I liked Chelsea better than both but she won't be back unless they recast.

• Love 3

Wouldn't it be neat if Abifail choked and died during the holiday dinner? Happy Thanksgiving!

She's probably try the ten inch neck I dug out of the cavity of Mr. Turkey. 

Gosh my birdzilla turned out swell and it was more fun than I expected.  For one thing I'm thankful for his or her life and I'm ready to strain the turkey stock prepared after oven roasting, momentarily.  Nothing goes to waste.  And I thank doctors who figured out how to finally make me a little bit happy, and the ACA that made it possible.  My son was delightful and I hope everyone else had the best day ever.  If you had to work, bless you.  Thanksgiving was the only day I asked off, it's fine if I work the rest of the holidays.I love it that we have a harvest holiday.

I haven't seen Wed yet but Mel's acting has improved although she did the bare teeth grin ten seconds in. And she doesn't shout her script and shows some worry lines, so I'm a little impressed we have been getting some good actors lately.  I'll have to imdb what she has been doing since she left Days.  Looking forward to seeing some hot Sonny action. 

ETA I spit my coffee out when Jenn asked Abifail what she's been up to and she says "getting to know Ben a little better".  Yikes, sex is pretty meaningless for her isn't it. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Is it possible that the show has made a(nother) mistake in having Sneasel take off for so long? Is the audience going to care when Wilson (and WilSon) comes back? I know marital conflict is a soap staple, but I think the connection between NuWill and Sonny is becoming so attenuated that the audience's investment in these two will be gone. The overall effect may be less "Can this marriage be saved?" than "Is that guy still on this show?" Absence may make the heart grow fonder, or it may just make the viewer go "Enhh..."

• Love 1

Is it possible that the show has made a(nother) mistake in having Sneasel take off for so long? 

I suspect that when Will and Ari return to Salem, only a handful of SalemDays will have elapsed.  They will talk about it being "weeks and weeks" but maybe 4 days will have passed in Salem.  If Jessica Blake Fallon  (Jean Bruce Scott) can return after nearly 30 years, a month's worth of episodes isn't anything to sneeze at.

Where did Will go?

Not that anything excuses cheating, but I think Will not being around would probably give the audience the impression that Sonny strayed for the same reasons other couples do -- too much long distance? (some were sympathetic to EJ because of the bedroom problems between EJ and Sami. That was kind of a metaphorical distance -- or maybe not? I always get a little confused on how to use that terminology when the metaphor isn't in a poem! I wasn't sympathetic to EJ, but he did feel a wall between himself and Sami).  If the show makes it seem as though Will left for only 4 days and that Sonny couldn't stay faithful for 4 days, I could see someone just tuning in being a bit bewildered by Sonny's need to stray. I know I'm confused already (considering that Will and Sonny have been married for what I think might be less than a year?) even if it does give me the opportunity to laugh at Will. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

They were married on April 3.  Before he left, Sneasel said once or twice that it was "only" going to be six months.  Please don't tell me he's coming back soon.  He only left with Sami on October 30. 

• Love 2

So maybe it's not that people can cross town in the blink of an eye, it's that time itself is kind of ... elastic around Salem? I'M SO CONFUSED. Up is down, days take months, BOllie is considered attractive ... someone hold me.

• Love 6

Long time lurker here. I've been enjoying all of your conversation particulary as Australia is getting up to date episodes of Days now. Much easier to take the slower periods with a bit of snark ;)

Just wanted to chime in to say that despite the serious problems with the Jordan/Ben/Clyde storylines I am really enjoying having James Read on the show. His acting is right up there with the best actors Days has and his scenes the other day even made me enjoy Marlena (and Marlena is someone I rarely enjoy).

• Love 4

So maybe it's not that people can cross town in the blink of an eye, it's that time itself is kind of ... elastic around Salem? I'M SO CONFUSED. Up is down, days take months, BOllie is considered attractive ... someone hold me.

I don't think Ben/Ollie is attractive at all. There are some cute and sexy guys on Days, he's bland and weird looking to me. JJ, Chad, Brady, Eric are all cuter.

Kate M/Abby dyed her hair brown ages upon ages ago. Wonder if that'll be written in.

• Love 3

Actually KM is a natural brunette. She's only blonde out of a bottle and that,s why it always looked like she needed her roots done. When she first came on in 2011, she had a chestnut brown tone to her hair that most fans attributed to Jack. If u look up pics on imdb her natural hair color is a lot darker.

I don't think Ben/Ollie is attractive at all. There are some cute and sexy guys on Days, he's bland and weird looking to me. JJ, Chad, Brady, Eric are all cuter.

Yes JJ, Brady, and Eric are good looking men along with Sonny, Paul, & T and they look miles better than BOllie who looks like a rejected X-Men character design. BOllie is grouped in with Roman for just looking weird. I would take dumbass Rory over BOllie.

• Love 3

Eric gets a new set, cool for him but he might wanna spray some Windex on that window, dirty as all hell.

Eric should spray some Windex on himself. It fixes everything.

And, well, Mel did seem horrified.

Maybe she was doing her best impression of the audience?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

O.M.G. Ben and Abigail are doing it again! These two are getting more love scenes in two weeks than EJ and Sami got in the first 5 years of whatever it was their relationship was supposed to be.

I'm not necessarily offended by Abigail and Ben, but they kiss  really weird, and I enjoy laughing at them!!!  KM does strange things with her mouth when she kisses, but she still isn't pulling out all the stops with the weird sex faces like she did with EJ. Did KM have a  crush on JS? I'm just kidding....well, sort of....

I guess Ben is going to wind up falling for Melanie now that she's seen him drop his towel? Her laughing, which I used to find off-putting, did seem kind of appropriate there....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Abigail and Ben are also getting protracted, long, drawn out loves scenes still, which most couples get only when they first get together. Will and Sonny don't even get to undress each other before the cutscenes and their not allowed to roll around like worm, lest it be construed as porn. Double standard when BOllie looks like he could earn extra money doing porn on the side. I don't care if the show wants me to see them as True Wuv Forever.

I was on another board where they were discussing Sonny/Paul and they said Hope never Cheated on Bo ever. I thought they were still married when she slept with Patrick Lockhart, but it raised the question: Are there any super couples who haven't cheated on each other?

• Love 1

I was on another board where they were discussing Sonny/Paul and they said Hope never Cheated on Bo ever. I thought they were still married when she slept with Patrick Lockhart, but it raised the question: Are there any super couples who haven't cheated on each other?

I think things get a little murky when the couple is legally still married but separated. Bo and Hope were taking a break when she slept with Patrick and vice versa when he slept with Carly.  Same with Lexi when she slept with Brandon, and Carrie when she was with Mike.  Personally I don't consider it cheating if the couple has agreed to end their relationship but aren't divorced yet.

• Love 3