Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

KdP looks amazing in that blue dress.  It's definitely her color.  I typically can't stand Eve, but I enjoyed her scenes with Stefan on Friday and her scenes with Victor today.  Victor's apology was surprisingly good.

Kassie is the best dressed woman on the show.   I was drooling over the blue dress. She even wore a beautiful yellow dress once and yellow is a hard color to pull off and she did it with aplomb. I love how beautiful she looks after facing off with cancer. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They were all from the previous episode or two lol. So ridiculous.

Thanks.  If they'd been old ones, I'd watch the episode online.  Previous episode or so, won't bother.

9 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

True.  I have no reason to watch this show.  None of the other stories interest me.  The episodes are full of characters I don’t care about.  I’m bored.

Paul is set to leave next month.  They should be building up to that.  Guess they’re going to wrap that story up pretty quick.

I'm feeling the same way, but I've felt that way before and somehow still watch the stupid show out of habit or nostalgia, I don't know which. I love Wilson and am glad Chandler decided to stick around. 

Otherwise, yesterday's show was a rehash of Friday's, right? This is a tiny beef, but it bothers me when Eric's huge hands obscure his leading lady's face. It just doesn't read romantic to me, it reads suffocation. 

Eve was a burst of color in a boring episode, though. Her suit was on point. And we even saw Victor moving around, lol. But she's just another Brady cast-off at this point. Who cares? 

I guess I don't care much about any of this but looking forward to some action on the Gabi/Chad/Abby front. Hoping for a lively November sweeps. 

• Love 5

They also padded yesterday's ep with a needless re-do of Ericole scenes from Friday's ep. It don't know if they cut a lot out due to storyline changes or they're trying to slow the pace of some stories but Monday's ep was odd with the flashbacks & re-do.

Anywho, I know I am in the minority here (though it's popular elsewhere) but I'm glad the Ciara/Ben/Claire/Tripp stuff is back today. I enjoy that storyline and it's getting a lot of organic buzz for the show, unlike other young pairings the last couple of years. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

They also padded yesterday's ep with a needless re-do of Ericole scenes from Friday's ep. It don't know if they cut a lot out due to storyline changes or they're trying to slow the pace of some stories but Monday's ep was odd with the flashbacks & re-do.

Anywho, I know I am in the minority here (though it's popular elsewhere) but I'm glad the Ciara/Ben/Claire/Tripp stuff is back today. I enjoy that storyline and it's getting a lot of organic buzz for the show, unlike other young pairings the last couple of years. 

I enjoy them too.Claire cracked me up today.

• Love 5

Thirded on enjoying the Ben/Ciara/Tripp/Claire stuff. Although I more enjoy Ciara/Ben and Claire/Ben than anything having to do with Tripp lol. I swear, that shit on Tripp's face has ruined any appeal he had to me.

I loved the Ben/Claire scenes. I like Claire best when she's not even trying to pretend to be anything more than a snotty bitch. I wish they'd go tropey with this and have Ben/Claire fake date. The serial killer thing makes it so that kinda doesn't work though lol. But I'd for sure still enjoy it.

I found the Gabi/Abby stuff kinda boring today. I'm growing tired of it tbh. I hate Abby most when she's acting all smug and self-righteous. MM is so annoying when she's playing that. CB continues to kill it as Gabi though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
On 6/29/2018 at 1:22 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Me likey Chad's tight suit, though.

BF (and LK) both wear clothes very, very well.    So I admit I am a few days behind, (well, 10 actually) but I damn near peed myself when Dee as Hattie was dancing.  I swear, her favorite movie must be the same as mine...  Big Man on Campus.   Skip to  1.15 - I promise it's worth a peek.  Funniest movie ever.    

Edited by Stella Rose
Dupe posts.. interweb puked.
  • Love 3

Gabi really is a mastermind.  

I was enjoying JJ and Abigail discussing Gabi.  Abigail just kind of gave up when she realized JJ wasn’t buying it.   Abigail was putting a lot pieces together on her own so maybe she doesn’t need J.j. 

Love JJ and want him to have a story just not that he set up Ben.   JJ will probably go to jail for a million years.  

I so hate Ben and how everyone is supposed to just forgive and forget what he did.  Still find him totally creepy.  JMHO  

• Love 8

How is Bonnie's wig so much prettier than Adrienne's real hair? The mind boggles.

I also love how whenever Sami explains anything there's an obvious impatience in her manner about why the other party hasn't gotten it already. Duh, Kate, of course I'm not going to call the cops because they'll stop me from pulling off my crazy scheme! Ha. AS really is a joy to watch.

Too bad the makeup department didn't put a little red powder around AZ's eyes after Nicole got maced.

21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So 'EJ's' favourite word is Samantha?

You mean "Samanther." Also, since I don't give a single shit about EJ or Ejami, I give negative shits about watching closeups of a stand-in's arm for a quarter of the show. Seriously, Show. Move the fuck on!

Mimi needs a better lipstick colour. She is the new Ghoul Girl.

Ha!

17 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't know what is going on with Farah Fath's face, but it is scary.

It is truly frightening. She's dangerously close to joining Jaqueline Woods and Hunter Tylo in the infamous WTF Have You Done to Your Face Club.

12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kassie is the best dressed woman on the show.   I was drooling over the blue dress. She even wore a beautiful yellow dress once and yellow is a hard color to pull off and she did it with aplomb. I love how beautiful she looks after facing off with cancer. 

Kassie did look wonderful in her scenes with Victor! Lately she looks so healthy and beautiful, it makes me so happy to see. And even though Eve has been, um, questionably written since KdP was cast, as a OLTL fan I'm just happy to get to see Kassie on my screen once again.

4 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I wondered if the strange repeat scenes didn't have to with maybe reediting some shows because of news break-ins? Though rewrites and storyline changes are probably the more likely culprit. If they were reediting shows to account for preemptions I would assume the episodes in question would be cut down and jam-packed with missing sections, rather than being padded out. Hmmm.

Also, you're not the only one who enjoys Ben, as messed up as it feels to admit that, lol. I'm looking forward to catching up on today's episode now. Though I have zero interest in the other three on their own. Claire, Ciara, you're both self-centered little twerps who need to grow up, and Tripp, if you're going to get involved to some degree with multiple women, find some that aren't related!

• Love 12

I only caught bits and pieces of today's episode. My hot water tank failed and I was waiting for a service call from the gas company.

JJ is going to be the person who planted the evidence? Why would he do so? He was a cop. Too easy to blame it on him because of Paige.

Gabi is doing something at the Kiriakis mansion to drug Abigail?

Claire, let Ciara and Tripp implode on their own. It won't last and then you can take your turn with him.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, tribeca said:

I so hate Ben and how everyone is supposed to just forgive and forget what he did.  Still find him totally creepy.  JMHO  

ME TOO. I never found him at all attractive in the first place. No need for redemption in my book. 

Having been away from here for quite a while, I'm trying to figure out if the widespread dislike (hate?) for MM and KM before her is due to Abigail the character or the actresses playing the role? I've enjoyed both women. It's funny what hits you and what doesn't. 

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Claire, let Ciara and Tripp implode on their own. It won't last and then you can take your turn with him.

Ha! For sure. I like Tripp, but am not feeling Ciara OR Claire. I think I'm just getting old and cranky, lol. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Having been away from here for quite a while, I'm trying to figure out if the widespread dislike (hate?) for MM and KM before her is due to Abigail the character or the actresses playing the role? I've enjoyed both women. It's funny what hits you and what doesn't. 

I hate Abigail because she is  an awful person, but, we are told by the writers that she is a heroine. She has never paid for her mistakes.  Her misdeeds are whitewashed usually at the expense of others , for example: her affair with Chad was minimized by turning Ben into a serial killer.  Abigail had potential to be a great character.  The show planted some seeds in her characterization when Ashley Benson played her that could have one day blossomed into really great character developments.  Her obsessive traits coupled with her family history of mental instability could have been used to make her a fascinating character. Plus, she is Jack's daughter. I never expected her to be a saint.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, she is Jack's daughter. I never expected her to be a saint.

Ah, yes! It would be MUCH more interesting for her to be a flawed but lovable character like Jack. But it's stupidly hard for them to write good female characters like that -- they're either saintly like Jennifer and Maggie with an occasional mistake in judgment or completely awful and scheming like Kate or Eve. You'd think they'd have this down after all of these years. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate Abigail because she is  an awful person, but, we are told by the writers that she is a heroine. She has never paid for her mistakes.  Her misdeeds are whitewashed usually at the expense of others , for example: her affair with Chad was minimized by turning Ben into a serial killer.  Abigail had potential to be a great character.  The show planted some seeds in her characterization when Ashley Benson played her that could have one day blossomed into really great character developments.  Her obsessive traits coupled with her family history of mental instability could have been used to make her a fascinating character. Plus, she is Jack's daughter. I never expected her to be a saint.

She's awful I mean they had her stalking Austin and chasing an engaged man and having an affair with him.when Nicole and Sami did this type of stuff they was considered bad girls.However were supposed to buy abby as a good girl.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Ah, yes! It would be MUCH more interesting for her to be a flawed but lovable character like Jack. But it's stupidly hard for them to write good female characters like that -- they're either saintly like Jennifer and Maggie with an occasional mistake in judgment or completely awful and scheming like Kate or Eve. You'd think they'd have this down after all of these years. 

Exactly, the writers have no idea how to write for heroines, anti-heroines and villainesses.  They write everybody interchangeably.  Hope who is a heroine murdered a man with no remorse.  Kate, Sami and Nicole could do something like that because their complicated histories preclude them from being traditional heroines.  They are anti-heroines who could be villainesses, depending on the situation.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Hopefully Gabi is ramping up her end game.  While I'm absolutely loving her in revenge mode, I'm tired of both Abigail and Chad.  She needs to be freed from these two bores, as does JJ.  Why the writers aren't giving Casey Moss something else to do besides this, or having the two most corrupt cops in Salem question JJ over planting evidence, is a mystery.

18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thirded on enjoying the Ben/Ciara/Tripp/Claire stuff. Although I more enjoy Ciara/Ben and Claire/Ben than anything having to do with Tripp lol. I swear, that shit on Tripp's face has ruined any appeal he had to me.

Yes, agreed. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly, the writers have no idea how to write for heroines, anti-heroines and villainesses.  They write everybody interchangeably.  Hope who is a heroine murdered a man with no remorse.  Kate, Sami and Nicole could do something like that because their complicated histories preclude them from being traditional heroines.  They are anti-heroines who could be villainesses, depending on the situation.

I've completely given up on Hope. She's horrible at her job, both as commissioner and as a mother from what I can see. 

On another topic, does anyone think that maybe Ben himself planted the evidence, knowing it would be discovered as fraudulent? 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 2

Okay, obviously, in a real-world sense, what Gabi is doing to Abigail is pretty not cool.  But OMG, in a entertaining soap sense, she was killing me today - the delicious faux-ocity of her protests to Abigail's questions, dragging Abigail's ass across town, snarking to the unconscious Abs that she should lay off the carbs, psyching herself up to bonk herself in the head to sell the story.  Very fun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, obviously, in a real-world sense, what Gabi is doing to Abigail is pretty not cool.  But OMG, in a entertaining soap sense, she was killing me today - the delicious faux-ocity of her protests to Abigail's questions, dragging Abigail's ass across town, snarking to the unconscious Abs that she should lay off the carbs, psyching herself up to bonk herself in the head to sell the story.  Very fun.

I agree. I don't normally root for the villainous character, but, I have never considered Abby a heroine. So, I don't care about her. Gabi is fabulous. Gabi has actually paid for her crimes. I am still waiting for the Horton Princess to get hers. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

How do y'all think the aftermath of this will play out for Gabi? More jail time? New villain status?

She can claim PTSD after being falsely imprisoned, seriously beaten and diagnosed with infertility. Then she can take a two week stay getting treatment and come back saying that she is sorry for what her illness has caused her to do.

• Love 17

I'm sure Princess Abigail will mount her steed of a high horse and decide not to press charges.  But I dunno where Gabi goes after that.  Hopefully she keeps being a scheming vixen because CB is awesome at it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

Apparently, neither one of you has paid attention.  Ben isn't just expecting to be given forgiveness or redemption. He has said more than once he knows that he has to earn it, and he knows it's not going to be easy.  So I don't think we're expected to just forgive him.  He wants to earn it, and he's been trying to.  As far as I'm concerned, nothing wrong with that.

Being in cahoots with Claire isn't going to help him in that lofty quest. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would Jennifer tell Stefan anything about Abigail?

Where does Gabi live?

I'm loving the extent to which Gabi is going in her gaslighting.

because she is an idiot.

good question.

loving it also. the bitch abigail deserves it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

On another topic, does anyone think that maybe Ben himself planted the evidence, knowing it would be discovered as fraudulent? 

Shouldn't quote myself, but I'll just take a seat way over there with Hope tonight, lol. In my defense, I was thinking it was Tripp until earlier today...

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Where does Gabi live?

Doesn't she live at the Kiriakis mansion? I thought Victor was complaining about people he didn't care about living in his mansion in a recent ep and that he wanted to start kicking them out. 

21 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Honestly, he is the only possible suspect.  He barely reacted to the new "evidence" being found, and over the past several weeks, every time Hope and Rafe have talked about finding the one who planted the evidence, the camera has immediately cut to him and his scenes.  Not looking good for him.

I totally think it was Tripp since it wasn't Hope. He also had easy accessibility to Ben's fingerprints while Ben lived at the apartment. Add that to his jealousy and hostility towards Ben living in the apartment and Ciara constantly defending Ben & it fits IMO. I think it's interesting that his name hasn't crossed anyone's mind even though all the dots are there. I actually like that his motive is obvious but that the others haven't connected the dots quite yet so it won't feel like a retcon or cop-out if it is confirmed to be Tripp who set Ben up. Honestly, though, Tripp is fighting a losing battle with keeping Ciara's interest. If she can spend 48 hours in a sexual marathon with Tripp yet still have a sexy dream about Ben, well... that's no bueno for Tripp on levels. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm sure Princess Abigail will mount her steed of a high horse and decide not to press charges.  But I dunno where Gabi goes after that.  Hopefully she keeps being a scheming vixen because CB is awesome at it.

I fully expect this to happen while everyone how gave Abby a pass for how she hurt Gabi & others will then vilify Gabi and call her names while praising Abby's graciousness about not punishing Gabi for her actions. We all know the song and dance when it comes to the writers & Abby. 

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

She can claim PTSD after being falsely imprisoned, seriously beaten and diagnosed with infertility. Then she can take a two week stay getting treatment and come back saying that she is sorry for what her illness has caused her to do.

I see what you did there :)

2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:
21 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don't think this is going on at all. Some viewers are enjoying the story, some aren't. It's usually a mileage varies situation.

In terms of the characters, the only people who've somewhat forgiven him or feel he's trying to better himself are Ciara and Marlena. Plus he's on psych meds to help his rehabilitation as well lest we forget Salem PD trying to actively withhold his meds at one point to make him breakdown.  I don't think Claire thinks he's evil anymore but she doesn't seem to care about anything aside from breaking up Ciara and Tripp so I don't know if she's thought about him beyond how he can help her get Tripp. Even Hope & Rafe are still trying to get Ben put behind bars even while trying to figure out who planted the evidence against Ben. Everyone aside from Ciara, Claire, and Marlena treats Ben with some manner of overt hostility or contempt still plus brings up his past actions so I have seen no evidence that everyone is supposed to easily forgive and forget what he's done like he is Abby.

I know that the pairing of Ciara & Ben is gaining a nice size fandom but even now the writers have the character of Ben explicitly stating that he knows he has a long road ahead of him with his issues and his history & that he has to watch certain things he does as he tries to better himself e.g. not actively go after Ciara cause he'll look like a predator to people. Of course not everyone is going to like the story or believes Ben can be rehabilitated as if he's Abby but I like that writers are at least trying to give him a redemption story of sorts and aren't rushing through it. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Shouldn't quote myself, but I'll just take a seat way over there with Hope tonight, lol. In my defense, I was thinking it was Tripp until earlier today...

Me too I thought that would have been a really interesting twist.  

I was quoted twice about Ben.  I did mean the audience is expected to forgive him and it was JMHO.   I have always found it strange how some characters are forgiven so easily and others are not.  I include myself in that.  

I have never liked Ben and his anger issues have  always bothered me.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Precisely.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm loving the extent to which Gabi is going in her gaslighting.

Right! Like she is committed, man.

• Love 6

Line of the year: "Gabi would have to be a mastermind" to pull off gaslighting Abby.

Excuse me for a moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This coming from a place where the townsfolk share one functional brain between them. I mean, finding all ten things in the "Spot the Difference" puzzle in Highlights magazine also qualifies you for mastermind status in Salem. FFS.

I continue to find Ben highly watchable, somehow. Though I haven't necessarily taken much note of RSW one way or another in the past, he's been doing a good job since his return. Though I'm sorry he's going along with Claire, since a giant neon sign saying MISTAKE was practically flashing behind her as she was prattling on.

Who knows, maybe after their scheme is exposed and he's inevitably vilified once again TIIC can hook him up with Gabi, who will also be vilified once her schemes against poor sainted Abby come to light. They'd probably have great chemistry, since CB seems to have chemistry with everyone. Also she wouldn't have a problem with what he did to Abby in the past, and since the show has totally forgotten that Paige was her half-sister it's not like that would be an issue between them. Unless of course TIIC just randomly turn him evil and totally ruin his character once again, as they're fond of doing with everyone.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Apparently, neither one of you has paid attention.  Ben isn't just expecting to be given forgiveness or redemption. He has said more than once he knows that he has to earn it, and he knows it's not going to be easy.  So I don't think we're expected to just forgive him.  He wants to earn it, and he's been trying to.  As far as I'm concerned, nothing wrong with that.

Ben made a mistake in scheming with Claire to break up Tripp and Ciara.   He will definitely pay.

• Love 3

So, we're to believe that Gabi can haul a drugged and pregnant woman around with no one noticing? Okay.. This story has went completely off the rails.

Isn't Ben too old to be hanging out with the tweens?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

So, we're to believe that Gabi can haul a drugged and pregnant woman around with no one noticing? Okay.. This story has went completely off the rails.

And no less in the Kiriakis mansion.  There's no way in hell Victor would not know of these shenanigans.  Plus, where are all the other people that live there.  And does Gabi ever go to work anymore?

Age doesn't seem to matter on this show.  There are always many couples 10 years or more apart in age.  Hope & Rafe, Brady & Eve, Brady & Kristen, J.J. & Lani, and Abe & Valerie all fit into that category.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

To be fair, Sami as a teen did the same thing with Carrie and Lucas. I remember Allison Sweeney grunting and sweating as she did it, lol, good times..

In an interview, Allison said they had to do multiple takes because everybody was laughing.  Christy and Bryan could not stay still as she was dragging them across the stage.  I think it is nice when actors are enjoying the silliness in a storyline.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Ben's redemption:  I've always liked Ben and hated what they did to his character.  He was a good guy raised by that evil and demented Clyde Weston.  He was already fragile and Abigail pushed him over the age.  I know Abigail gets a lot of hate.  And yes she gets away with a lot but I wish she'd admit and others would admit that her deception is partly to blame for what went wrong with Ben.  I love seeing him be committed to doing the right thing.  Taking a life is not easy to forgive but this is Salem we're talking about.  About half the cast has killed or tried to kill someone.  

Trip and the constant need to remove his shirt:  I'm not sure who thinks it is a good idea to keep flashing his bird chest across the screen.  I like Trip but really, really, really wish he'd keep his shirt on.  He looks like he could use a meal or two.  

• Love 10

I agree with everyone about Gabi being committed to her plan. Princess Abigail certainly deserves it. However, she is still a deadweight person who is heavy to lug around town. Without any of the Kiriakis servants seeing her. Clonking herself on the head was an interesting twist. She is moving a little too fast. Wouldn't be surprised if JJ figures things out.

Hope, we get it, you want Ben back in jail. You still do not understand that he has served his time and can choose to do what he wants - if that means getting himself a job, working hard, and maybe doing something with his life. He will always be known as the Necktie Killer. Ben probably isn't interested in marrying Ciara so you won't have him as a son-in-law anytime soon. I really thought she had some sort of plastic stuff on her hands to get Ben's fingerprints. No one seems to think Tripp could possibly have anything to do with setting Ben up. Kinda easy, really.

Stefan, shut up and leave Jennifer and Abs alone.

• Love 5

I rolled my eyes so hard at Hope saying Ben planted the evidence himself. She really isn't even trying to do an actual investigation. She and Rafe were exasperatingly stupid in today's ep. At this point, does Hope do anything else other than obsess over Ben not being in jail?

Tripp & Ciara aren't terrible together in that I've seen blander pairings on soaps but their love scenes are just really cringeworthy to me. At least that awful song from their first time together wasn't played again. Small mercy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

No one seems to think Tripp could possibly have anything to do with setting Ben up. Kinda easy, really.

I think it is because Tripp is young but also because they're looking at it as people who've been wronged by Ben when he went on his rampage before he got help and meds as suspects. Or Ben himself since Hope is being ridiculously myopic. Something along the lines as small and petty as Tripp's jealousy over Ciara helping Ben isn't something they would think to jump on as suspicious or worth looking at deeper regarding a motive for planting evidence. At least not right now.

• Love 2

Gabi looked amazing in that black jumpsuit.  Her conversation with drugged-into-a-stupor Abigail was hilarious, and it's a story bonus that she's so all in on this plan that she's willing to knock herself out.  It's too bad she can't figure out a way to pin this whole cruel scheme on Stefan.

Jennifer is a fool.  Why would she even think about confiding anything to that gross jerk Stefan?  The smug look on his face when she told him about the wig was disgusting.  He is a sicko.

56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Claire have any redeeming qualities?

No, she really doesn't.

12 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

That could have been interesting.  It would've been a great plan by Ben to make Hope look even more corrupt and revenge-hungry than she already is.  And if it were successful, it could've resulted in her losing her job (again) and this time doing some real self-reflection.  Hope is unrecognizable and unlikable ... and she's been this way for far too long.  I'm not sure how she could be rehabilitated at this point, though,

7 hours ago, tribeca said:

I have never liked Ben and his anger issues have  always bothered me.  

I have mostly always disliked him as well.  But, he does have great chemistry with Ciara and even sparks with Claire and that's something he never had with KM's Abigail.  It's still difficult for me to forget his past.  Maybe if the previous writers had not made him a strangler it would be easier.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Claire have any redeeming qualities?

Sami was more sympathetic going after Austin and she did some heinous things.  I don't understand Claire's motivations.  She seems to want Ciara's men.. I find Both Ciara and Claire unlikable. Ciara should have been a bad girl.

I know that Dena is loathed on this board, as she should be, but Josh Griffith was the worst writer on this show. He turned Joey and Hope into murderers.  He pushed that insipid Rope pairing.  Chase became a rapist and Ciara his victim. He raped her on Alice Horton's couch. I loved the Chase/Ciara bond as kids.  He turned Ben into a serial killer, those 4 grisly murders were horrific to see.  Aiden was destroyed for Rope. Eric did not have to kill Daniel to get rid of that vile disgusting character. Eric's alcoholism was so random and out of character.  I did not care for Jennifer's addiction either and he made Abigail the lead heroine on the show.. I almost threw up writing that lie about the Horton princess. He also turned Belle into a cheater again and she became a nasty bitch.   He made the show too dark. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, A.J. said:

Trip and the constant need to remove his shirt:  I'm not sure who thinks it is a good idea to keep flashing his bird chest across the screen.  I like Trip but really, really, really wish he'd keep his shirt on.  He looks like he could use a meal or two.  

+1

Also, I about lost it at 'bird chest' lol.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! Like she [Gabi] is committed, man.

She was really giving me Kimberly Andrews vibes yesterday, peach, particularly the tossed-off bitchy line about the carbs.

12 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I like Claire she makes me laugh  at her terrible schemes lol.

Agreed, Claire's ineptness at scheming cracks me up.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sami was more sympathetic going after Austin and she did some heinous things.  I don't understand Claire's motivations.  She seems to want Ciara's men.. I find Both Ciara and Claire unlikable. Ciara should have been a bad girl.

I know that Dena is loathed on this board, as she should be, but Josh Griffith was the worst writer on this show. He turned Joey and Hope into murderers.  He pushed that insipid Rope pairing.  Chase became a rapist and Ciara his victim. He raped her on Alice Horton's couch. I loved the Chase/Ciara bond as kids.  He turned Ben into a serial killer, those 4 grisly murders were horrific to see.  Aiden was destroyed for Rope. Eric did not have to kill Daniel to get rid of that vile disgusting character. Eric's alcoholism was so random and out of character.  I did not care for Jennifer's addiction either and he made Abigail the lead heroine on the show.. I almost threw up writing that lie about the Horton princess. He also turned Belle into a cheater again and she became a nasty bitch.   He made the show too dark. 

Wow, @Apprentice79 -- your memory is so sharp! I didn't realize it was Josh Griffith who gave us this crap. Props to your whole post. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that Claire is just after Ciara's men.  She got with Theo after Ciara's turned him down (and Ciara thought better of it and wrote that letter when Theo and Claire were already a couple).  On the Tripp front, they were starting to get close (although Claire was still committed to Theo) until Ciara returned and Tripp became more interested in her.

• Love 1