Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The best part of today's show was Hattie being Hattie & being found out by Sami, lol....Hattie biting into that big burger & commenting on the onions, her dancing, her facial expressions at Sami...all had me chuckling.   On the other hand, Kristin salivating over Brady just made me say UGH.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

My problem with Will Paul story is that  Will just got his memory back and stopped loving Paul.   

This is where the story really fell on its’ face and has been in a free fall ever since. 

The show could have written things out 100 times better than they have. 

Will should be conflicted, he should be confused, he should be troubled and waffling badly between the two men in his life who both hold deep relevance to him now. 

To me there’s a big difference between being a well written soap storyline and a poorly written and planned out one, and right now, as far as I am concerned, the mess with Paul, Will, and Sonny is shit really. 

There is no excuse for why they have rushed this hack job beyond just wanting Will and Sonny back together, it is tedious and pointless to know the plan so far ahead of time and everything is so set in stone and predetermined it’s boring. 

Will can barely touch Paul without looking pained and guilty, Paul is sitting around like a nimrod because ‘reasons’, and Sonny pops up here and there to stare at that damn wedding photo and “cry” on his mommy’s shoulder over his ‘grief’.

I have seen elementary school plays with better plots and dramatic timing. 

There is no question how it will end, therefore it lacks true suspense and real excitement.

Days is a soap and I expect my soaps to be messy and dramatic and exciting and appealing and over the top, nothing about the storyline hits any of those notes.

All I see is lazy, uninspired, writing and underwhelming acting to match the bleak forecast for the future. 

• Love 7

Does Abby really think it will do any good to not tell Chad about what she thinks is happening?  Stefan will surely waste no time to tell Chad and gloat.

How is John planning on revealing that Marlena is alive without letting everybody know he was lying about Hattie?

Kayla: "How did you get in here?"  I LOL'd.

Poor, whiny Brady.  Wahwahwah.

Gabi is guuuuuud at her scheming and not telling people things she really wants them to ask about.  :)

• Love 9

Love Gabi going in like this. Her anger is massive and I love it. I really don't care how badly this messes with those around her - it's deserved. Abs is and always has been self-serving and over-protected. Alter-ego or not, she wanted Gabi framed for this murder because Gabi had the audacity to get involved with Chad after everyone thought Abigail was dead. What a narcissist. Screw her.

Go Gabi go! The total lack of hesitation in how she's doing this makes it all the better.

Best Gabi storyline since her and JJ dating.

Anyone else think Brady is going to walk Fristen right to the police station? (Sorry Staci, you're actually doing a decent job but you'll never be Kristen.)

I've mercifully missed most of the Will Paul Sonny scenes lately. I also thought he would be torn in two directions. I guess Sonny is just so hot there's no resisting him, right?

Everything about Kayla and Hattie today had me doubling over. You can just tell how much the actors are loving this. I have to hand it to Ron, because the fallout from the wedding has definitely been John and Marlena's best storyline since Kristen's return in 2012.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 12

Another great ep. The Hattie/Sami/Kayla stuff was legitimately hilarious.

CB is killing this Gabi story and I continue to love the hell out of it. Not sure why she was dressed in a sexy candy striper Halloween costume though.

Can JJ get something to do besides talk to fucking Abigail already?

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another great ep. The Hattie/Sami/Kayla stuff was legitimately hilarious.

CB is killing this Gabi story and I continue to love the hell out of it. Not sure why she was dressed in a sexy candy striper Halloween costume though.

Can JJ get something to do besides talk to fucking Abigail already?

I was thinking he should go on the picnic with his nephew and BIL!

• Love 9

I wouldn't be calling for Will's head if he had just manned up and told Paul the truth. In fact, I think I would've appreciated a character not doing the stupid soap opera thing  for once. I know, I know, it is a soap and all but sometimes don't you just want to see them act like normal people would? I'd hate that Paul was hurt but he'd be better off than this false hope crap.

• Love 4

I enjoyed Sami trying to tackle her mother and getting her to raise her hospital gown to see her scar. Wonder if the burger was real food or just a cookie or something created to look like one. How will Kayla make the switch and bring Marlena back to her hospital room and set Hattie free?

Gabi is doing a good job with Abs. Abs does deserve this sort of revenge. She framed her so-called best friend for murder and created an alter personality to be her own Gabi. Abigail, you have your own life and there wasn't any reason for the alters - it just seemed like a plot device.

Brady, where do you plan to take Kristen? Surely the Salem PD would have someone watching anyone Kristen would try to contact, right? Erm, maybe not since Hope is determined to put an innocent man in jail, who has served his time, because she didn't like her daughter's interest in him.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It's a soap, if Will did the right thing. Then, we would not have a show. So, I don't understand this vitriol against Will in particular. He is trying to do the right thing. If he left Paul for Sonny, people would be calling for his head.  If Paul had any sense he would never had gotten involved with an amnesiac Will.  He knew how Will felt about him before he died.  I do think that Ron has rushed this story, Wilson look like heartless assholes, while Paul is a saint as always. Ron has Sherry there and she wrote the awesome Roman/Marlena/John triangle.  He should take some pointers from her in writing this story. 

I disagree.  How about tell him the truth and still try to be a friend to him through this ordeal.  Don't flaunt your love in his face but be "a real truthful friend".  We could deal with Will and Paul trying to be helpful to Paul but have Paul reject their efforts.  We could have them continue to bump into one another.  We could see some people side with Will & Sonny and some root for Paul.  Hell, why not bring in a new love interest for Paul.  There are other ways to go than the same old tired storylines.  Do something new and fresh for a change.

Anyone else think Brady is going to walk Kristen right to the police station? (Sorry Staci, you're actually doing a decent job but you'll never be Kristen.)

I was thinking he was going to go with her to some remote area and then kill her or scare her half to death.  

And I agree about the portrayal.  This new Kristen is so far over the top.  She's almost like a bad cartoon character.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I disagree.  How about tell him the truth and still try to be a friend to him through this ordeal.  Don't flaunt your love in his face but be "a real truthful friend".  We could deal with Will and Paul trying to be helpful to Paul but have Paul reject their efforts.  We could have them continue to bump into one another.  We could see some people side with Will & Sonny and some root for Paul.  Hell, why not bring in a new love interest for Paul.  There are other ways to go than the same old tired storylines.  Do something new and fresh for a change.

I agree with you that the show should do something different, but, Ron will not do that. 

• Love 2

That Pirates of Penzance dress someone put CB into was hideous and almost as fugly as some of the things Jennifer used to wear when she was stalking Dr. Tan.  Anyway, thankfully it didn’t take away from Gabi's confrontation with Stefan.  Her blowing off Eli as she left the mansion was icing on the cake.  CB is awesome at playing quiet, burning rage.  I can’t wait for Gabi to destroy Stefan.

I’m loving John and Marlena’s reunion, especially his explanation of how he had Marlena stashed away and replaced by Hattie, who was now making demands.  “It all started out with cheeseburgers.”  Ha! 

Of course it only took two seconds for Sami to figure out the scheme.  Hattie calling Sami a pervert was hilarious!  Ditto for Kayla dropping the hammer on Hattie that Marlena was awake.  It should be fun watching Hattie figure a way out of this. 

The little boy who plays Thomas is adorable.  He clearly enjoys being with Billy Flynn and Marcie Miller.

Kristen is pathetic.  I couldn’t care less about her or Brady.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

This whole idea would be worth watching and investing time in, and it's a shame no one who runs the show seems to have even an iota of the same vision to come up with even half of this. 

I have watched soaps for decades, and one of the reasons I often just give up on them is because sometimes I just can't stand to watch the same bs recycled over and over again. 

I would have loved a somewhat messy, emotional showdown between Paul, Will, and Sonny. I would have liked to see some good acting driven by drama and human emotions that made sense and fit the scenario. 

I did not need anyone painted as the obvious "bad guy" in all of this, but for all three men to be human beings, flawed and faulty and capable of selfishness and being self serving, not just stoic robots or a lying guilt hoarder. 

All they had to do was take their time and be patient with this threesome, not just set everything to FF and expect something for nothing. 

It really is strange that JJ has no love interest.  CM is a true catch and you'd think TPTB would want him front and center.

I agree.

Heck, since they pretty much have given him only one viable love interest option at a time for the longest, they could have made him gay or bi. 

A JJ and Paul romance could have been very interesting. 

I just don't understand why the young men who seem far more talented than some, and more attractive, are given just the scraps of a story-line, if they get any attention at all. This show behaves so backwards sometimes to me. 

Yet at the same time Rafe and Stefan, just to name two, are headliners because...'reasons' as usual I guess. It's so beyond stupid and ridiculous to me. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Everything about Kayla and Hattie today had me doubling over. You can just tell how much the actors are loving this. I have to hand it to Ron, because the fallout from the wedding has definitely been John and Marlena's best storyline since Kristen's return in 2012.

I remember reading the spoiler about Marlena being shot and being in a coma, and thinking, "that'll be exciting".   How wrong I was.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

That Pirates of Penzance dress someone put CB into was hideous and almost as fugly as some of the things Jennifer used to wear when she was stalking Dr. Tan.  Anyway, thankfully it didn’t take away from Gabi's confrontation with Stefan.  Her blowing off Eli as she left the mansion was icing on the cake.  CB is awesome at playing quiet, burning rage.  I can’t wait for Gabi to destroy Stefan.

I also adored Gabi's effortlessly manipulating Stefan and Chad and her blasting past Eli was a thing of beauty.  Eli really is a punk--he vows to be there for Gabi and get her out of jail and yet he did absolutely nothing to help her.  And I really hate how his and Lani's drunken revenge hook up has now become their night of passionate love.  What a load of crap!

And for all of Belle's protestations that she's special because she's the product of John and Marlena's epic love, it took Sami five minutes to figure out Hattie was pretending to be her mom.  Go Sami!

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And for all of Belle's protestations that she's special because she's the product of John and Marlena's epic love, it took Sami five minutes to figure out Hattie was pretending to be her mom.  Go Sami!

To be fair, Hattie was putting on her  best act as Marlena and Belle was too happy to have her mom back to see the inconsistencies. She did notice her mother's bizarreness. It seemed that by the time Sami came along,  Hattie no longer cared about maintaining her act. Not to mention, Sami caught her dancing..lol  Besides, Hattie's malapropism should be a dead giveaway that she is not Marlena.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Were the people who beat up Gabi in prison doing it for Sheila?  Isn't that what I got out of that?  And yet she's running around free.

I didn't think it was Sheila, but the girlfriend of the police commissioner, somebody like that, who planted evidence?  My memory is fuzzier than hell, but I thought it was a character we'd previously not seen at all, or at least not very often, who blamed Gabi for how things had gone down with her boyfriend, ruining their live, etc.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Were the people who beat up Gabi in prison doing it for Sheila?  Isn't that what I got out of that?  And yet she's running around free.

The woman who beat up Gabi in jail was Diane, the girlfriend of the corrupt police captain whose name I can't remember--he took Gabi as a hostage and Eli ended up shooting him to save Gabi--Diane somehow blamed Gabi for her boyfriend's violent actions.  Sheila and her brother knew Eli back in the day--they are two different women

boes, I think we posted at the same exact time :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

I’m glad Marlena realized that Sami wasn’t the shooter and am looking forward to finding out who was on the grassy knoll.

I loved how Sami - handcuffed - dragged Eli to the elevator so she could take herself to jail and get the bail-and-release process going.  The vibe between these two is interesting.  They could easily be good-natured frenemies.  I so wish AS would come back full-time.  She’s great with everyone, especially with her long-time screen partners.  She’d be wonderful with

Spoiler

Brandon Barash when he fills in for TC, too.

Gabi pretending that Stefan played her into telling Chad about Abigail was masterful.  Having her set her sights on Victor to keep him from screwing up her revenge plan would be so, so satisfying.

Hopefully Maggie will rip Brady a new one for being such a vindictive creep.  She seemed genuinely surprised that Brady is a controlling jerk. 

Has Marci Miller had this flat affect the whole time?  I’ve dipped in and out over the past couple of years and haven’t been that impressed with her, though she’s better than Kate Mansi.  But damn, she has the same expression and whisper-voice regardless of whether she’s sad, angry, surprised, worried, happy, etc.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:
19 hours ago, tribeca said:

Brady really is an idiot.  

That's nothing new.  Unless he's trying to lead Kristen into a trap.

Brady being an idiot and Brady trying to lead Kristen into a trap aren't mutually exclusive. :D

9 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Has Marci Miller had this flat affect the whole time?  I’ve dipped in and out over the past couple of years and haven’t been that impressed with her, though she’s better than Kate Mansi.  But damn, she has the same expression and whisper-voice regardless of whether she’s sad, angry, surprised, worried, happy, etc.

Somewhat re: flat affect. I think MM's very understated in her acting but I don't think she's terrible at all. I know some people prefer OTT acting because they see it as more energectic thus KM appeals to them more than MM. (I have friends where we've had this discussion coming from opposite sides on who we prefer as Abby even though none of actually like the character). 

Personally, I like MM's portrayal better due to her having more range despite her being very understated as KM's default when she's not playing Abby as psycho is to play Abby being smugly simpering and I find that absolutely insufferable.

7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Speaking of characters who are insufferable... 

Belle's return for the Jarlena wedding has grated on my nerves. I usually don't have an issue with her but I really have wanted someone to tell her to sit her "I am so special cause Jarlena are my bio parents" ass down in a corner and be quiet. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 10

Oh, Eli.  You have not yet learned of the wrath of Sami Brady.  :)

Who could have shot Marlena?  Kristen was standing right in front of her.

Does Chloe know why Nicole left town?

Damn, Gabi is good. "Definitely not the best, but I'm pretty darn good."

If John smuggled Hattie out of prison, why is there no alert for her for breaking out?

Why is Chad sneaking around Jennifer house?  He lives there.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Who could have shot Marlena?  Kristen was standing right in front of her.

Does Chloe know why Nicole left town?

Damn, Gabi is good. "Definitely not the best, but I'm pretty darn good."

If John smuggled Hattie out of prison, why is there no alert for her for breaking out?

As I recall, Roman convinced the Warden that he should transport Hattie somewhere, cannot recall where.  I have been curious as to why no one in the prison administration has wondered what happened to Hattie, and why she didn't arrive at her destination.  Plus, doesn't this pretty much mean Roman will be charged with a pretty serious crime?

• Love 4

I thought Chad lived at the Kiriakis mansion?  Or does he float back and forth?

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Somewhat re: flat affect. I think MM's very understated in her acting but I don't think she's terrible at all. I know some people prefer OTT acting because they see it as more energectic thus KM appeals to them more than MM. (I have friends where we've had this discussion coming from opposite sides on who we prefer as Abby even though none of actually like the character). 

Personally, I like MM's portrayal better due to her having more range despite her being very understated as KM's default when she's not playing Abby as psycho is to play Abby being smugly simpering and I find that absolutely insufferable.

I think she's better than Kate Mansi, but that's a pretty low bar!  To be fair there's probably not much anyone could do to make me like Abigail, but there has to be a middle ground between KM's off-putting smugness and MM's boring flatness.  Not that I really care, though.  I'd be happy if they got rid of the character entirely.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I thought Chad lived at the Kiriakis mansion?  Or does he float back and forth?

Yep, he lives at the Kiriakis Board and Care Home for the Mentally Deranged and Retired Psychopaths.  I hear the gruel is excellent!

Chad packed up and left the Horton house after he found out Abby was carrying StefanO!s child.

No more donuts for him!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Not knowing about Sami Brady and what she is capable of, makes Eli and Stefan almost as dumb as Brady.

• Love 8

So, who would shoot Marlena? Gabigail? Valerie? Bonnie?

Eli, best watch your step with Hurricane Sami.

Victor came clean with Maggie? Well, of course she will help Nicole and Eric.  Hard to believe she wouldn't suspect that Brady could be so vindictive. And yet the women fall for him. Is it the money? The abs? The lack of brain cells?

Gabi is good and her plan is coming together nicely. And not even a whole lot of input from her. Just being the supportive friend to Chad. It will crash on her at some point soon, but it's been fun seeing Abs get a taste of her own medicine.

Nicole couldn't buy a cheap burner phone to call her friend Chloe?

• Love 12

Why did Abigail tell all that information to Stephan?   Doesn’t she hate him.  

Why is Chad so easily manipulated by Gabbi?

how many days past since Gabbi planted that wig?   Seems like Jennifer’s house is spic and span clean.  How could they miss a black wig?

the show bored me today but I share have a lot of questions.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why did Abigail tell all that information to Stephan?   Doesn’t she hate him.  

Why is Chad so easily manipulated by Gabbi?

how many days past since Gabbi planted that wig?   Seems like Jennifer’s house is spic and span clean.  How could they miss a black wig?

the show bored me today but I share have a lot of questions.  

Makes no sense that Abby would be spilling her guts to Stephan.   She won't tell her husband, about her fears, but just let's it all out with her husband's sworn enemy?  What an idiot.  

And speaking of idiots, by now Chad should be getting a clue that something is up when he has these conversations with Gabbi.   All this negativity guised as friendly advice?  Yep, he's an idiot too. 

I have a feeling that JJ's detective skills are kicking in and he MAY be suspicious of Gabbi's "good intentions. "   I know many are enjoying this storyline, but I HATE it and cannot wait for Gabbi's scheme to be unveiled.   Come on JJ, bring her down!!!!     

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

I have a feeling that JJ's detective skills are kicking in and he MAY be suspicious of Gabbi's "good intentions. "   I know many are enjoying this storyline, but I HATE it and cannot wait for Gabbi's scheme to be unveiled.   Come on JJ, bring her down!!!!     

I hate it because Gabi's plan is lame.  Once again Abigail will be a victim, she will never learn that her awful behavior has consequences and Gabi will be treated like shit by the sanctimonious Hortons.  Julie will be even more insufferable, when it comes to Gabi, after all is said and done. I happen to like Julie, but, that does not mean that I cannot see her flaws.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate it because Gabi's plan is lame.  Once again Abigail will be a victim, she will never learn that her awful behavior has consequences and Gabi will be treated like shit by the sanctimonious Hortons.  Julie will be even more insufferable, when it comes to Gabi, after all is said and done. I happen to like Julie, but, that does not mean that I cannot see her flaws.

To me, Gabi's revenge isn't being played like she's a horrible villain, she keeps talking about the wrongs that have been done to her and she has many people who are sympathetic to her, so I don't think this will end with the town against her.  She'll have people aghast at her actions but at the same time, they will see she was driven by her losses.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, it's Gigi Mimi.  And, duh, she's the mother of Baby Shane Sierra Bonnie.  So who's the daddy?  Rex Rex?

That reminds me that Phillip and Mimi had a baby together Tyler who was adopted for some reason hard to believe Victor would have let that happen lol.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, it's Gigi Mimi.  And, duh, she's the mother of Baby Shane Sierra Bonnie.  So who's the daddy?  Rex Rex?

It would pretty much have to be Rex if Lucas's DNA came back tied to the baby.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

That reminds me that Phillip and Mimi had a baby together Tyler who was adopted for some reason hard to believe Victor would have let that happen lol.

There is no way that Victor or Kate would be okay with their grandchild being raised by other people. Both lost the opportunity to raise their children. It is what drew Kate and Victor to each other. I know that this is an unpopular opinion on here, but, I loved Kate and Victor together. The last couple created by Sherry... Kate/Victor were kindred spirits who healed one another. Kate Victor and Lucas were an unconventional family and it is their uniqueness that made them so enjoyable and awesome.. Like every couple on this show, Kate/Victor were trashed for plot-driven reasons and too much has happened for them to ever be a viable couple again. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Were the flashbacks between Roman and Kayla actual flashbacks or new exposition meant to look like flashbacks?  I enjoyed their scenes, both the callback to their kids and their deal to take down Stefan.  Having Kayla being a part of it is even better.  It should be fun to see how the revenge plots of all the various players interconnect and reverberate.

I also enjoyed Maggie/Chloe and Lucas/Bonnie and their mentions of Sarah and Mimi.

As for Farah Fath, I was curious to see her as Mimi (I didn’t like her character at all on OLTL) but after today?  Eh.  Hopefully her stay is a short one. 

Also, can someone please tell me how many children Justin and Adrienne have, either together or separately?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Also, can someone please tell me how many children Justin and Adrienne have, either together or separately?

Adrienne's only biological child is Sonny.  Justin also has a biological child in Alexander, whom Adrienne adopted.  The two have two adopted sons, Joseph and Victor, who are the biological sons of JJ Bagwood, the Kiriakis family nanny

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

They have 4 sons. Alexander Kiriakis, Joseph Kiriakis, Victor Kiriakis Jr. who are twins and Jackson Stephen Kiriakis a.k.a Sonny.

Alexander is Justin's son with Anjelica.

The twins were adopted by them, JJ, their biological mother could not raise them. Justin/Adrienne were in the delivery room when they were born,

Sonny is their only biological child.

Justin and Adrienne have the most children together on the show. Every couple has two kids, a son and a daughter. The exception to that is Shelle and Austin/Carrie, they each have one child. That is probably due to them not being on the show for long periods of the time. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Thank you Silver Raven and Apprentice79.  There was a photo the other day on another board of Adrienne, Justin and the twins and I didn't know who they were, where they came from, etc.  It's too bad none of these people are on the show. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Thank you Silver Raven and Apprentice79.  There was a photo the other day on another board of Adrienne, Justin and the twins and I didn't know who they were, where they came from, etc.  It's too bad none of these people are on the show. 

They should be on the show, having storylines and building the future of the show.. I love the veterans, but, they are not always going to be here..

Xander should have been Alexander Kiriakis.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Sonny would probably be a lot more interesting if he had brothers to interact with.  Brady would be more interesting with other Kiriakii, too, as I'm pretty sick of seeing him fall in love with a woman (Madison, Melanie, Nicole, Teresa, Eve, etc.), turn into an all-around knuckledragger, break up, and instantly move on to another woman.

• Love 7