Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Like Steve, I sometimes miss the 80s.  Not the tween and teen angst (I was just a kid), but the soaps.  They were so much better then!

Kayla should 1) tell Steve everything and 2) pull an Omarosa and start surreptitiously taping Stefan and his threats.  Also, while I love watching Gabi make Abigail miserable and paranoid, I'm completely over the Abigail/Stefan aspect of the story.  It's both boring and gross.

It's was nice to see Abe.  Galen Gering also looks good with the graying hair.  Rafe and Hope still blow, though.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ben the former/reformed serial with an S killer chomping on cereal with a C kinda tickled me, I really hope that was an intentional choice by somebody.

He totally has Claire's number as an inept schemer.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Am I the only one excited that belle and Shaun are coming home ?

I am, too!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Even wit the retcon of his background, he was still adopted by the Alamains.

I'm bummed none of his Robicheau (Raubicheau? Did we ever get an official spelling on that name?) relatives have even been identified. And who the hell are Marlena's kin? I've never seen or heard from a single relative....

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Is John still an Alamain?  The last stupid retcon stripped him of being Daphne's son.  I thought John being Forrest Alamain and his backstory with Lawrence was the best story that made sense, even though, I would have preferred he had remained Roman.

He is.  Even though he isn't Daphne's son, which is the biggest mistake Days ever did with his character, he was still adopted by the Alamains.  John's retcons have only affected his biological parents and the in between years of him leaving the Alamains and showing up in Salem.  The one constant of his history was that he was adopted by Philomena and Leopold.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

I am afraid this guy is going to kill us all.  Wait let me get him to move in and hook up with my aunt so the guy I like is free.   That seems like such a bizarre plan.  Claire you in trouble girl     

Am I the only one excited that belle and Shaun are coming home ?

I am also glad Claire's parents are coming back so they can talk some sense into their kid.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda love it because it's so on-brand for Claire, her attempts at scheming are hilariously inept. 

I feel the same way--thank the gods that Claire isn't like Abs who truly was destructive in her intent to get Austin.  I just want Shawn to grab his kid and get her the heck out of the loft and into a better storyline.  Watching Ciara as the center of attention with two guys fighting over her is horrible enough,  I can not deal with Claire plotting in the middle of that mess.

• Love 6

I haven't been watching much lately, and know I have to try to watch next week with the wedding, but I did see mentions of "#cereal killer" yesterday, so I had to watch those scenes online. 

And I still hate that Ben's a serial killer, but I can't help myself, Ciara/Ben (aka Cin) is the first new couple I've seen chemistry between since I started watching again in 2014. I wonder if they're dating in real life, because they really have the look of a couple "falling in love".  Course Nicole and "he whose name I won't mention" were a real-life couple and they were the absolute worst ever on screen. IMHO, of course.  ?

So, on another topic, what happened to Tripp?????  He looks like a totally different person!!!!  And in a really good way!  I never thought he was attractive before, but yesterday, with the new hair, he looked hot !!!!   

• Love 7
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

... he was adopted by Philomena and Leopold.

There are gaps in my history with this show, so I don't actually know these characters, but, going just by their names? Jeepers! No wonder Jawn's such a weirdo.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

He is.  Even though he isn't Daphne's son, which is the biggest mistake Days ever did with his character, he was still adopted by the Alamains.  John's retcons have only affected his biological parents and the in between years of him leaving the Alamains and showing up in Salem.  The one constant of his history was that he was adopted by Philomena and Leopold.

I agree. All of the retcons hurt John as a character. They also made him a complete idiot.

Was Daphne Tony's mother?  The Tony/Stefano dynamic was so complex and rich.  It is a shame that the show never had any use for Tony.  They would trash him and then say it was Andre.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

I am afraid this guy is going to kill us all.  Wait let me get him to move in and hook up with my aunt so the guy I like is free.   That seems like such a bizarre plan.  Claire you in trouble girl     

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda love it because it's so on-brand for Claire, her attempts at scheming are hilariously inept. 

I was just about to say that lol. It's just SO Claire and I'm enjoying it. Also, because I am who I am, for a second I was like, "Wait, do I wanna ship Ben/Claire?" lol.

Also, I'm with you on being excited for Belle/Shawn @tribeca. I loved them both the last time they came back, which was my first time seeing those two actors as them.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree. All of the retcons hurt John as a character. They also made him a complete idiot.

Was Daphne Tony's mother?  The Tony/Stefano dynamic was so complex and rich.  It is a shame that the show never had any use for Tony.  They would trash him and then say it was Andre.  

Yeah Daphne was Tony's mother.  John being her son that she had from an affair when she cheated on Stefano was the perfect "solution" to John's history.  It fully explained Stefano's hatred and why he specifically targeted John at a young age.  Undoing all that just so they could do the ridiculous Colleen/Santo storyline was incredibly stupid.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

There are gaps in my history with this show, so I don't actually know these characters, but, going just by their names? Jeepers! No wonder Jawn's such a weirdo.

Leopold Alamain was Vivian's brother, which is how Vivian is John's aunt.  Philomena and Leopold are also the parents of Lawrence Alamain who you may remember.  Lawrence was an abusive husband to Carly and Jennifer's rapist.  Carly killed him years ago. 

Lawrence was a psycho even as a kid.  He tried to kill John (Forest) when they were kids, he didn't take to kindly to having a new adopted brother.

One of John's retcons was him finding out that his biological mother was Daphne Dimera, Stefano's first wife, Tony's mother. Daphne and Philomena were sisters, so when Daphne had John she arranged for Philomena and Leopold to adopt him through the orphanage. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm bummed none of his Robicheau (Raubicheau? Did we ever get an official spelling on that name?) relatives have even been identified. And who the hell are Marlena's kin? I've never seen or heard from a single relative....

Well, there is her murderous twin sister ...

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah Daphne was Tony's mother.  John being her son that she had from an affair when she cheated on Stefano was the perfect "solution" to John's history.  It fully explained Stefano's hatred and why he specifically targeted John at a young age.  Undoing all that just so they could do the ridiculous Colleen/Santo storyline was incredibly stupid.

And then they retconned THAT just so Theresa and Brady could hook up.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I enjoyed Ben eating the fake Froot Loops from the box.  Maybe he is playing Ciara and pushing her buttons - she's an easy target, really. He probably wants to change and be legit and get a job and get a life far from his past. Moving in with the college scene folks probably isn't a good idea. I could see him moving in to Rafe's house so Rafe can keep an eye on him.

Claire, you will be Tripp's second/third/five thousandth choice. Find someone else. Ciara, take some of your trust fund and get your own place. Maybe a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment so you have your side and Ben has his side. And a nice lock on your door.

Gabi is sure playing both Chad and Abigail very well. I really don't feel sorry for Abs at this time.

Stefan has no business getting the hospital records, bionic eye blow up device at the ready, or not.

The scene of Ben, the Serial Killer, eating Cereal out of the box, was such a Pun, it made me laugh.  The scene between Ben & Claire was funny...he knows exactly what Claire is up to.   I did not like seeing Patch searching his wife's phone...talk about not respecting boundaries.  

• Love 10

Again, Sonny is suuuuuuper bummed that his and Will's secret partnership re: THE MAN SONNY ACCIDENTALLY KILLED is over.  I mean, I get where they're trying to go with this, but it's just coming off creepola for me.

Welcome home Bon-Bon!

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The scene of Ben, the Serial Killer, eating Cereal out of the box, was such a Pun, it made me laugh.  The scene between Ben & Claire was funny...he knows exactly what Claire is up to.   I did not like seeing Patch searching his wife's phone...talk about not respecting boundaries.  

kinda loving ben. hate ciara . hate her mother.  the crown has surely been passed down.

steve, that was not a good thing to do, i know. but sometimes it's too tempting when you know they are hiding something. ..my husband is way too private with his devices.   hmm.  search history deleted, logs out of computer every time he closes it and hides his password. i think he even has a secret email. i suspect the thing all men look at but at this point i don't care anymore.  go for it. i snooped once years ago and he flipped out. now at least if he sees anything he doesn't like on my phone or computer i could care less. it has hurt my respect and our relationship, this deceipt but i don't think he even knows it. hey i just realized that's another reason i am so bitter and should tell my therapist!

• Love 4

I must have Kate's shirt.

Can someone please refresh me on what happened with Stefano's murder?  The last I remember, Hope murdered him and she and Rafe hid the body in a building that was demolished.  Andre was on to them.  Was all this retconned?

Awww, msrachelj. :-(((

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I must have Kate's shirt.

Can someone please refresh me on what happened with Stefano's murder?  The last I remember, Hope murdered him and she and Rafe hid the body in a building that was demolished.  Andre was on to them.  Was all this retconned?

Awww, msrachelj. :-(((

Shane and Steve and the whole gang went to Prague after there were fake reports of Stefano being seen there.  Shane dressed up as Stefano and made himself obvious so people would think that Stefano was still alive.  But in the end, after they decided that they had done enough to convince people that Stefano was still alive, there was another sighting of Stefano that was not Shane.

• Love 3

That shot of Ben holding the cereal in his mouth was hilarious.

Jesus, Hope, stfu.

You still can't deny the WilSon chemistry.

16 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Thank you, Silver Raven.  So, who did Hope shoot and whose body did Hope and Rafe take to that building?  Was any of this addressed at all?

It was Stefano, supposedly, but nobody knows who that was that appeared to be Stefano in Prague.

• Love 6

I loved Kate with Will today. I know everybody always raves about the Marlena/Will bond, I love it as well. However,  I have always had a soft spot for the Will/Kate bond. She adores him more than her own children. There is nothing that she would not do for him.   Will was always closer to Kate as a kid and Roman to a certain extent. I wish that Kate had had a more prominent role in his coming out story. 

I love Ted, he is  vile, slimy, smart and is putting the screws on Hope and Lunk.   Plus, Gilles is so handsome.

Freddie is getting better. I loved Wilson today. Poor Paul. I never thought that I would say this, but, we all know what is going to happen.  

• Love 8

I was confused by the scene at the end between Will & Sonny....Will said they were breaking up a "partnership"...and that he was leaving and not coming back?  HUH....aren't  they Co-Parents to Arianna and why wouldn't Will still go over to the Kiriakis house to visit his daughter, Arianna?

• Love 2

Ben is in possession of at least part of the Salem Brain. He sure has Claire's number of why she wants him to live in the loft. The guy has done his time and he can do what he likes. Ideally, Ciara can afford her own apartment and she can live with whomever she wants.  She and Ben are interesting - he is about all that makes her interesting. Hope, you cannot control where someone else lives. Stefano, Victor, etc. have lived in Salem for years - both have done a lot of criminal stuff. Leave the dude alone before you become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I wouldn't mind Kate's blouse either. Summery but with a pre-fall touch. Her little blackmailer Ted should realize he is dealing with Kate Roberts - who can be quite devious and not to be trusted. He can find better fish in the sea to blackmail.

Liked Will and Sonny but that old ship has sailed and if they find their way back to each other, both will be older and wiser.

The Salem police can now shake the Bon-Bon.

Steve, you really have zero business snooping in to your wife's phone.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Kate with Will today. I know everybody always raves about the Marlena/Will bond, I love it as well. However,  I have always had a soft spot for the Will/Kate bond. She adores him more than her own children. There is nothing that she would not do for him.   Will was always closer to Kate as a kid and Roman to a certain extent. I wish that Kate had had a more prominent role in his coming out story. 

I love Ted, he is  vile, slimy, smart and is putting the screws on Hope and Lunk.   Plus, Gilles is so handsome.

Freddie is getting better. I loved Wilson today. Poor Paul. I never thought that I would say this, but, we all know what is going to happen.  

Perfect, perfect post, Apprentice79!  Will and Kate were just wonderful together and I'm so glad their strong bond is being showcased.  As I remember it, she was the primo grandma for Will for a lot of years.  I love him with Marlena, too.  No reason a guy can't have TWO spectacular grandmothers!

Edited by boes
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, boes said:

Perfect, perfect post, Apprentice79!  Will and Kate were just wonderful together and I'm so glad their strong bond is being showcased.  As I remember it, she was the primo grandma for Will for a lot of years.  I love him with Marlena, too.  No reason a guy can't have TWO spectacular grandmothers!

From a story standpoint I understand why they gave the "coming out" story to Marlena/Will and not Kate/Will, but I wish they would of incorporated Kate in more.  She was Will's third parent growing up, and the dominant grandparent in his life.  I just wish they did more with the fact that Kate knew Will was gay and was just waiting for him to realize it.

• Love 5

I hate to miss any of SN's remaining scenes, but the obvious telegraphing for him leaving town because he won't be able to forgive Kayla is just so painful. I really hope that they mix it up for once and don't split them up because of it, but this show's track record isn't so promising in that regard. Ugh. It'd make more sense for Steve to leave town to go be with Stephanie (she could have an accident offscreen and he'd go to take care of her). I always wished that's what they'd done with Bo when PR left - have something happen to Chelsea that Bo leaves to take care of her. It would've make a hell of a lot more sense than what they did, and give a reason for Hope to be upset with him. But I digress. The remotely controlled iEye (ha! thanks for that, Sandman) app thing sounds incredibly stupid although, in comparison with some of this show's past storylines, almost tame. Makes me glad I FF any scenes involving StefanO.

I could do without seeing Bonnie again, but if it helps the writers remember that Steve and Adrianne are related and should interact once in awhile, then I'm all for it.

I found myself actually looking forward to Ben and Ciara scenes. I feel strange even typing that. I don't know if it's good or bad, but at least I'm curious to watch again, so that has to count for something, right? The Cereal Killer scene was pretty good, especially the way Ben just sat back and munched and watched the others like it was a made-for-tv movie he was snarking on. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who saw a spark of chemistry between Claire and Ben. How is it that a former serial killer has made the obnoxious teen triangle one of the the most interesting parts of the show? Either DOOL has finally zapped the last of my brain cells, or the world's gone crazy.

Still not really liking the Wrath of Gabi storyline, only because of how it will inevitably blow up in her face (since it is somehow an immutable fact of the Salemverse that Abby is never in the wrong). But CB is playing it perfectly! And I'm glad she and Ari are reconciled again.

Random thought for the week - how is it that the men's eyebrows are better manicured than the women's? Compare Ben and Brady's thin, carefully trimmed brows to the caterpillars most of the women are sporting. And why yes, my attention may have wandered a few times while watching.

• Love 9
On 8/16/2018 at 12:54 AM, superdeluxe said:

I didn’t even watch the show.  I read a recap and I was like, “Wow, that is incredibly rude.”  Right, they are in Sonny’s house doing that nonsense.  They couldn’t wait until they were back in Will’s dingy ass room to do that?  It’s closer to the bed, which is where they love to be.

And Paul?  Weak as hell.  He was more mad at Sonny than he was at Will.

I have a feeling Sonny and Will will be doing the same thing in front of Paul before long.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

The Cereal Killer scene was pretty good, especially the way Ben just sat back and munched and watched the others like it was a made-for-tv movie he was snarking on. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who saw a spark of chemistry between Claire and Ben. How is it that a former serial killer has made the obnoxious teen triangle one of the the most interesting parts of the show? Either DOOL has finally zapped the last of my brain cells, or the world's gone crazy.

Cereal Killer!  Love this and yes, it was great.  Could that be the twist - Ciara really likes Ben but stays with Tripp (because he's safe) and Ben and Claire get together and Ciara's head explodes?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Cereal Killer!  Love this and yes, it was great.  Could that be the twist - Ciara really likes Ben but stays with Tripp (because he's safe) and Ben and Claire get together and Ciara's head explodes?

*sigh* I'm thinking that's where the writers are going. 

• Love 2

Ben's return has been pretty interesting.  I don't remember Ben and Mansi's Abigail having much chemistry (or anyone else for that matter); but on his return I've seen sparks with Miller's Abigail, Ciara, and Claire.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I have a feeling Sonny and Will will be doing the same thing in front of Paul before long.  

That would be rather delicious, considering how Paul's been going around preening about how much Will loves him and his seeing the real Sonny and Will falling back in love with each other would be his nightmare come to life.

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh man, I would live if Ben and Claire got together. That would be funny as hell.

I might actually be cool with that especially if it causes Ciara to show her true bitchy personality--"big heart" and "beautiful on the inside" my ass.--I like Claire and I need someone to be 100% on her side and I don't think that will be Ben or Tripp.  She also needs to make some new friends.

• Love 6

I like that days have a vixen/bad girl for every age group. The older set have Vivian whenever she shows up, the middle set have Eve/Kristen, The younger set has Gabi now, and the teen/college crew has Claire and hopefully Ben. 

I mean I don't care for Eve but watching her annoy the hell out of Jen amuses me. Claire meddling in the Tripp/Ciara/Ben thing is also fun to watch specially if she recruits Ben in her schemes. Gabi messing with Stefan/Chad/Abby is also really amusing to watch. 

I miss watching old soaps where they always had a bad girl or boy to mess with people. Now days, everyone is boring. So, I give probs to days for at least trying the old formula again. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Just can not see Gabi as the bad girl after the number Abigail and her side Stefan pulled on her.

I know but based on how they are telling the story, they have Gabi as the bad girl. Apparently a good girl would turn the other cheek on what Abby/Stefan did to her while a bad girl will want some revenge. It is BS but I don't care. This story has breathed some life into Gabi's character and I am enjoying watching her work people. 

• Love 15

I can't decide which I found more amusing:

A) John playing around with the Marlena doll

or B) Bonnie trying to flirt her way out with Steve and him being like, "Ewww!  Lady, you look just like my sister!"

Not amusing?  Sonny.  I mean, I get it, I get where this is going, and I get this would probably hit closer to home if I had shipped them at any point.  But Sonny just...I dunno....something about the writing for the character and Freddie Smith's performance is just equaling no for me.

• Love 12

I have so much love for Bonnie and her awesome wig. Sorry Adrienne - you boring. Judi Evans is great though. 

Killer Kate, hun Ron? Okay. I'll see where this is headed. Though I'm still smarting from when she encouraged Chad to go "bad". Bad Chad might have been awesome....but it was weak tea and hesitant. Kate as the show's new villain could work....but Ron better have a plan.

I don't buy Ciara sticking up this much for Ben. I love seeing Hope so alone in her stance, but she ain't wrong really. I wouldn't want Ben anywhere near my family or loved ones either. The way to do that however would be to bypass your idiot impulsive daughter, who recently got into a motorcycle accident and before then dumped a steady boyfriend to pursue a crush with a mourning man she was working for, and in the middle of all that got into a pissing contest with her niece over some stupid magazine she didn't even care about (speaking of which, Ron really developed that Bella magazine subplot well! I love seeing how it's affected Claire and Eve's relationship and all that, right?). Ciara's judgment sucks. Hope is her mother and should know that by now. The smart way to do this would have been to inform the landlord, keep your mouth shut and just try to keep a lookout for Ciara instead of running around town screaming how bad Ben is. She sounds hysterical and that's why no one's listening.

I feel like Kate needs to mentor Hope a little bit. At this point Hope is hardly a good guy anymore so if she was smart she would listen to someone who's gotten herself out of some sticky situations.

I like that they used the actual Marlena Barbie doll, but the doll is wearing a blue dress and in the flashback they showed us Marlena was clearly in a white dress that looked nothing like it. Did the doll feature an original design or did they just pull up the wrong flashblack?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

"You're not a killer, Kate." Er, wrong, Ted.

Ew, Bonnie flirting with Steve was gross.

Can we discuss Hope's horrible hairdo?

I hope we have a scene where Lucas excoriates Bonnie.

Marlena still has her wedding list from 1999?

Did anybody point out to Ben that Claire and Tripp were making out on that couch?

I missed a scene.  What happened to Ted?

• Love 4

Yeah, I think we're supposed to wonder for a while what exactly Kate did to Ted.  I read somewhere, not sure if it's true or not, that

Ted is going to be off-screen for a month or so - which makes sense, they probably need that recurring salary for the visitors - but that we will see him again eventually

• Love 3

I just want this wedding to happen so we can get to all the disasters and drama we know are coming - like Marlena insisting she wants nothing to go wrong isn't foretelling that everything will go wrong.  Don't care about it in the slightest.  Also what late middle aged (approaching elderly) woman has a bachelorette party - especially for her 97th (??? - I've lost track) wedding.

• Love 9

Ciara & Claire ... *shakes head* ... go see the movie "Get Out".  You two are FOOLS.  Tripp being anti-Ben is coming across as more jealous than "DUDE, S/Cereal killer."

Hope is also coming across whiny.  But she had no leverage on Ciara.  And Ciara is an entitled brat.  WHO saved her from the burning cabin? WHO took her to the hospital and stayed multiple nights?  It's her mother.  But Hope, you raised Ciara to be this ingrate.  *shakes head again*

I don't like Stephan being a bond villain with the app to turn off Steve's eye.  Too much contrivance.  Kayla needs to talk and Steve needs to accept it.

I really want Jennifer to tell Eric.  He's going to find out, it better come from her.

Gabi -- IDK... Ms Evil McEvilson is too much of a switch for me without a healthy side of mental breakdown.  And Gabi is just stone cold torturing Chad. When he finds out, she's never going to feel that loving touch again.

I wish Abigail would tell Gabi why she picked HER personality to template on for the killer.  It's both obvious and not.  And Abigail needs to be seeing a therapist still.

Kate is doing a wonderful turn as Lady MacBeth.  I hope Andre continues to haunt her -- I liked those two together. And I don't know if she killed Ted or not.  If not, why would he leave?

I thought Will was pretty sincere about loving Paul and not loving Sonny today.  Paul couldn't ask for more loyalty IMO.  And Sonny, you should go into hiding for a while now.

Finally... we're gearing up for something big this week.  Too many hints.... 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Yes, Hope's hairdo is quite unflattering.

I also liked John playing with the Marlena doll, but really, he should be a bit more creeped out by it.  Also, just how many weddings have John and Marlena had?

This is their 6th wedding... 

• Love 2