Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

THIS!!  Theresa and JJ are everything a soap couple should be--they obviously respect and care about each other and their UST is off the charts.  They need to happen because JL and CM are just sparking in their every interaction together. 

As much as I hate Eve, KdP is selling her shame at her actions and her guilt over what has happened to JJ.  It's a shame Chloe could barely change expression when she was voicing her disappointment at Eve's actions.  I'm sure the actress is a nice person, but she's damn limited.

I have to say, I appreciated that Victor was still treating Theresa with a level of respect--even when he was firing her :):) He wasn't doing it with malice towards Theresa, but like a business deal because his idiot grandson is incapable of any finesse.  I was expecting gloating and he seemed reluctant and I think it's because he wanted Theresa to agree to joint custody.  I know it's strange but that's how the scene came off to me--of course, I still want Victor and Eve to lose horrendously for how they've hurt Theresa and JJ and I hope that happens--SOON.

No, I totally get what you're saying. I almost commented on that, too. It's like he knows she's aware of the "price of doing business" and they treat each other accordingly. She's still not on his level, but he appreciates a certain something about her even if begrudgingly. He's losing his touch, though.  I'd like to see her find out he's behind the drugs. 

Victor knows Brady is a hot-headed dumbass. It's funny to me. 

Chloe with that monotone delivery and those creepy eyes. I usually ff her, but I had to sit through her today, so I could watch Eve squirm. I mean, this is really going to work out for me. I'll get to see Brady suffer and still be able to think he's an abusive jerk when he destroys Eve's ass "for costing him his son". 

• Love 8
(edited)

I agree with everything that you guys have said about Theresa and JJ. I have always wanted them to get together. My only complaint is that I wish that Ron had taken his time to build up their friendship, to justify JJ, possibly, ruining his career, for a person, he used to hate.  Other than that, they got it... It will also continue the tradition of Hortons and Bradys dating each other.

Jennifer Lilley is just gorgeous, I hate her hair.  I would love her to go red or blonde. I loved original recipe Stefanie, who was a ginger, it was a nice homage to the Brady family's Irish roots, but, I digress. Young women often like to change hairstyles and experiment with different hair color.. I think that she could pull off any hair color and style. I would love her, to go platinum blonde and call herself Jeannie. Wasn't Theresa the name that El fideo, gave her, when they originally met.. He also had her, dye her blonde hair, black, to please him. Am I misremembering? I remember Dena wrote that trashy offensive story.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Since when is Brady a decent fair man? Childish, selfish, vindictive maybe.

Eve, why don't you simply admit that you arranged for Victor's help and through him, the drugs were planted. JJ will go after you once he finds out the truth. And Brady. He will not be fair or decent or much of a man. You cost him his son.

If JJ's supervisor drug-tests him, he will come out clean. And who would put their stash in the kitchen cupboard?

Chloe and Eve did not look dressed for a yoga class. Maybe a tunic and sweats instead?

Waste of a hospital bed for Steve if nothing is scheduled for him. Someone else could use that hospital bed.

• Love 6

Yes JJ should have immediately gone for drug testing. he probably still could, isn't it just the next day?

I love me some KdP, but she really needs to do something with her hair. it looked great just a month or so ago. I understand if she is growing it out to be the long hair she used to have, but a trim/style is definitely in order.

I hate that John is leading the Steve cheering squad when he is the reason Steve lost his sight in the first place. everyone should be very mad at him, but even Kayla seems like she is not anymore

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Rowan said:

This shit is just cruel. JJ and Theresa are so on point right now. The one thing they are getting right, and they can't hang on to it. I told myself when I found out her stay was going to be brief to not get invested! Please let them at least get to smooch before she heads out.

Yes!  Well said.

I hate to say it, but I disliked Kayla today, at least with her conversation with JJ.  Her favoritism with Abigail has been constant and has annoyed me for years.  But her "no fucks to give" in reference to Theresa's situation when JJ was explaining what went down wasn't pretty.  She always favors Jenn's kids over almost everyone but dammit, Theresa is her niece and no matter her past sins, deserves Kayla's compassion, a compassion she hands out to Jenn's kids no matter what.

Theresa deserves at least that much.  But Kayla obviously couldn't care less.  So much for even a smidgen of family loyalty.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Yes!  Well said.

I hate to say it, but I disliked Kayla today, at least with her conversation with JJ.  Her favoritism with Abigail has been constant and has annoyed me for years.  But her "no fucks to give" in reference to Theresa's situation when JJ was explaining what went down wasn't pretty.  She always favors Jenn's kids over almost everyone but dammit, Theresa is her niece and no matter her past sins, deserves Kayla's compassion, a compassion she hands out to Jenn's kids no matter what.

Theresa deserves at least that much.  But Kayla obviously couldn't care less.  So much for even a smidgen of family loyalty.

No one has any fucks to give where Theresa's sex slave status/drug frame up is concerned except JJ. It's baffling. At least Roman's being nice to her. 

Speaking of JJ, which I've been doing a lot of I know, he's seriously working me with those soft, genuinely soulful looks he keeps giving her. I'm over here like, where has this been all this time? I mean I enjoyed JJ/Gabi, but this JJ/Theresa  2.0 thing could have left them in the dust. 

• Love 8

If Victor doesn't want it known that he's responsible for the drugs, he shouldn't fire Theresa. Jenn is already suspicious of him, and even dumbass Brady is starting to catch on.

And Eve is crazy to tell Chloe the truth. Girl can NOT keep a secret. She'll be blabbing to Lucas (he's still in Salem, right?) in a heartbeat.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, boes said:

I was also annoyed by Kayla's barely concealed contempt when she was talking about Theresa and if she was really worthy of JJ's level of sacrifice--Kayla had the same disdain towards Sami.  It's like, she'll be nice to you if you have Horton genes (Abs, JJ, Ciara, Claire) but if you are just part of the Brady family (Sami, Theresa), you are not worth mentioning.  Eric seems excluded from this but it's only because he's with Jenn and attached to Hortons.

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

No one has any fucks to give where Theresa's sex slave status/drug frame up is concerned except JJ. It's baffling. At least Roman's being nice to her. 

Speaking of JJ, which I've been doing a lot of I know, he's seriously working me with those soft, genuinely soulful looks he keeps giving her. I'm over here like, where has this been all this time? I mean I enjoyed JJ/Gabi, but this JJ/Theresa  2.0 thing could have left them in the dust. 

Yes the nth degree!  JJ had massive chemistry with both Gabi and Theresa and a romance with either of them--if they were given the proper writing--could be lovely to watch, but the show doesn't seem to want JJ to be a young romantic leading man.  Also, the man tried, but JJ's relationship with Lani was a huge snoozefest--they actually had negative chemistry, if that even exists :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

This doesn't have anything to do with the show really, but ... did anyone notice how the lighting/color changed in the scenes with Brady and Eve at Doug's Place? When the camera was on Brady, it was brightly lit and Eve was wearing a bright pink dress. Then when the camera was trained on Eve, the lighting was a bit muted and the colors were really dull. All of a sudden her dress was more dusty than bright. It was driving me insane.

As for the show itself, it's been dull as of late. (I place the blame firmly on Ben and Ciara.) I kept falling behind and finally caught up last night. So ... yay me?

I'm surprised by the turn of events with the Theresa story line. I thought for sure the plan was to bring her back, trash her to Hell, and reinforce the ridiculous idea that Brady and Eve belong together. And sure, that is kinda happening. And it was really bringing the show down for me. But now Eve has shown her true colors, and I for one can't wait for her hypocritical ass to get busted. Here's hoping Brady drops her and leaves town to ... do something stupid (and be off my television screen). I did have to laugh when Eve told Chloe about the drug plot. Every single time someone tells Chloe a secret, she inadvertently spills the beans. And, boy, did Eve serve up a good healthy serving of beans.

I love you, JJ. But not as much as I love Eric. Throuple anyone?

I am 100% here for everything Gabi is doing. Bring it on, Girl! The show really needs a catty, manipulative woman that the audience can still somewhat root for because she's sympathetic in a lot of ways. They had that with Sami for a long time. And Nicole. Kate sometimes fills that void, but has become less and less sympathetic over time. I can easily see Gabi fitting the bill, and it's clear the actress is having a lot of fun. I can't wait to watch her wreak some good, old-fashioned soap opera havoc!

• Love 7

I would love for Theresa and Gabi to be the bad girls of Salem, but be friends.  They threw away Sami and Nicole's friendship, but Sami/Nicole/Kate as the witches of Salem really worked.  It's to bad Jen Lilley is only back for a short time.  JJ/Theresa as a couple with Gabi as their friend (no triangle) who they discover has been targeting Stefan and Slappy would be fun to watch.  Especially if Theresa is supportive of Gabi from day one, and just tells JJ, everyone else in Salem gets a free pass why shouldn't Gabi?  Then much to Jenn's horror JJ comes around to somewhat agreeing with Theresa.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I would love for Theresa and Gabi to be the bad girls of Salem, but be friends.  They threw away Sami and Nicole's friendship, but Sami/Nicole/Kate as the witches of Salem really worked.  It's to bad Jen Lilley is only back for a short time.  JJ/Theresa as a couple with Gabi as their friend (no triangle) who they discover has been targeting Stefan and Slappy would be fun to watch.  Especially if Theresa is supportive of Gabi from day one, and just tells JJ, everyone else in Salem gets a free pass why shouldn't Gabi?  Then much to Jenn's horror JJ comes around to somewhat agreeing with Theresa.

If the show is looking for a new writer, you get my vote.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was also annoyed by Kayla's barely concealed contempt when she was talking about Theresa and if she was really worthy of JJ's level of sacrifice--Kayla had the same disdain towards Sami.  It's like, she'll be nice to you if you have Horton genes (Abs, JJ, Ciara, Claire) but if you are just part of the Brady family (Sami, Theresa), you are not worth mentioning.  Eric seems excluded from this but it's only because he's with Jenn and attached to Hortons.

To be fair, both Sami and Theresa have hurt members of her family.  Sami's history speaks for itself. Theresa tried to kill John twice, a man who was not only her brother for years, but, was instrumental in getting her free from prison, recovery from her deafnesss, e.tc. Kayla is very protective of those she loves.  Kayla is more likely to forgive a person for hurting her, like Jack and Tripp, then a person who hurts her family. I have no problems with Kayla's being skeptical of Theresa. Just because Theresa is her niece does not mean she should blindly support her.  Has Theresa ever tried to get along with Kayla. Has she ever mentioned any concern for Stefanie and Joey.  Theresa grew up with Stefanie like sisters in LA.  Kayla was the one who got her a job at the Hospital, when she came to town. Kayla adored Jeannie when she was a baby. The show has worked overtime to disassociate her from the Brady family.  Abigail, JJ, Ciara and Claire are also her family like Theresa and Sami.  I don't see what one has to do with the other. Kayla and Jennifer are sister-in-laws and they have always been close.  She was always closer to Adrienne because of Steve. 

Edited by Apprentice79
1 hour ago, Vince1178 said:

This doesn't have anything to do with the show really, but ... did anyone notice how the lighting/color changed in the scenes with Brady and Eve at Doug's Place? When the camera was on Brady, it was brightly lit and Eve was wearing a bright pink dress. Then when the camera was trained on Eve, the lighting was a bit muted and the colors were really dull. All of a sudden her dress was more dusty than bright. It was driving me insane.

YES! I was so confused by that. It was really weird.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, both Sami and Theresa have hurt members of her family.  Sami's history speaks for itself. Theresa tried to kill John twice, a man who was not only her brother for years, but, was instrumental in getting her free from prison, recovery from her deafnesss, e.tc. Kayla is very protective of those she loves.  Kayla is more likely to forgive a person for hurting her, like Jack and Tripp, then a person who hurts her family. I have no problems with Kayla's being skeptical of Theresa. Just because Theresa is her niece does not mean she should blindly support her. 

This argument doesn't really click for me cause it's saying Kayla doesn't easily forgive people who hurt her family except the two folks mentioned are her family and blood relatives at that. I think the initial comment was to point out the odd disparity that Kayla is unforgiving towards her Brady blood relatives but she'll forgive her relatives by marriage plus John without hesitation. Plus, putting the onus on Sami and Theresa to be nice to Kayla as she stays petty towards them while also being blindly compassionate to Abby no matter what without character explanation onscreen doesn't work for me either. Obviously mileage varies. Then again, Kayla has been on my nerves for several years now ever since she ran around town screaming shrilly that Carly a whore who broke up Bo and Hope's marriage when Hope had already moved out to live with Victor before Carly showed up. 

Anywho, Kayla doesn't need to blindly support anyone at all in Salem except she does do that for Abby while she's petty and/or cold towards Sami and Theresa. I also have issues with Kayla's unexplained behavior there as it's extreme on both ends. Ultimately, IA that Kayla doesn't need to blindly support Sami or Theresa... but why does she blindly support Abby? 

If Kayla's Brady clan nieces are to be judged by their respective history as the litmus determining pettiness and cold judgment from Kayla, then AFAIC so is Abby and let's not forget that Abby hurt both her family members Sami and Carrie. It's all circular but Kayla ONLY seems to care about Abby, which is boring and earns my stank eye since the writers are so tiresome with their Princess Abby who never ever means to hurt anyone bullshit.   

• Love 12

Chick2Chic, that was a gorgeously explained and on point post :)  Kayla picks and chooses who she defends and forgives, and of course that is her right, but that also shows her own personal hypocrisy.  Abigail is instantly offered understanding and a chance to explain herself and immediately forgiven for all offenses--even when Kayla doesn't know the whole story--and yet the young women she's related to by blood don't even get a modicum of sympathy or a chance to tell their side of the story.   I guess being a Horton princess as it's perks :)

On today's episode, Ciara shows yet again just how wonderful she is and just how beautiful she is on the inside.  I seriously can't deal with what a delusional twit she is and how she just re-writes the past to suit her own needs and persecution complex.  Poor Ben, winding up with a self-involved snot like that will make him want to go back to prison.

I did appreciate Claire's apologizing and reaching out once again to tell her aunt the truth, but our "beautiful on the inside" Ciara Alice didn't want to hear it--again, does Ben know what he's getting himself into, choosing to hang out with someone this immature?

Finally, Brady and Eve show Theresa some kindness, compassion and understanding--too bad it's when Theresa's leaving town to help take care of her sick mom.

• Love 5

A Jennifer who is going hard after Eve is a Jennifer I can get behind.  I cannot wait until Eve's life craters around her because she is THE WOOORRRSSST!

Ah, so that's where Kim and Mr. Sheffield have been.

Did I mention that Eve should shut up?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Chick2Chic, that was a gorgeously explained and on point post :)  Kayla picks and chooses who she defends and forgives, and of course that is her right, but that also shows her own personal hypocrisy.  Abigail is instantly offered understanding and a chance to explain herself and immediately forgiven for all offenses--even when Kayla doesn't know the whole story--and yet the young women she's related to by blood don't even get a modicum of sympathy or a chance to tell their side of the story.   I guess being a Horton princess as it's perks :)

I don't necessarily disagree with everyone's assessment of Kayla. However, it shouldn't be overlooked that Abigail and JJ are also Kayla's niece and nephew.

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

However, it shouldn't be overlooked that Abigail and JJ are also Kayla's niece and nephew.

That wasn't overlooked at all. The issue is about Kayla's hypocrisy and favoritism of her Horton relatives and snide behavior towards her Brady clan members.  I didn't mention JJ cause the issue with her double-standards doesn't really apply to him and is more about she is with Abby vs Theresa & Sami. I mentioned that they're all her relatives which is why the " unforgiving towards people who hurt her family" argument doesn't work for me with Kayla because she shits on two of her nieces while constantly going out of her way to cape for the other when all three have problematic histories and have exhibited selfish, hurtful behavior at times.

I wish it wasn't an issue at or, at the very least, it was explained by the show instead of just being an inexplicable bias on Kayla's part.

Also... Cin today! And while Jennifer has been receiving my stank eye for a while, I support her going after Eve and Brady.

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Finally, Brady and Eve show Theresa some kindness, compassion and understanding--too bad it's when Theresa's leaving town to help take care of her sick mom.

This story really has done none of them any favors but IMO Theresa came out the best... even though the bar was very low for this story... and Eve the worst. Brady is still Brady, which is its own punishment. I hate that they brought JL back on to write this awful and mostly nonsensical mess of a story which I think was mostly intended to make the audience root for Brady & Eve.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

That wasn't overlooked at all. The issue is about Kayla's hypocrisy and favoritism of her Horton relatives and snide behavior towards her Brady clan members.  I didn't mention JJ cause the issue with her double-standards doesn't really apply to him and is more about she is with Abby vs Theresa & Sami. I mentioned that they're all her relatives which is why the " unforgiving twoards people who hurt her family" argument doesn't work for me with Kayla because she shits on two of her nieces while constantly going out of her way to cape for the other when all three have problematic histories and have exhibited selfish, hurtful behavior at times.

I understand, your dislike of Kayla, for, favoring certain relatives over Sami and Theresa, but, I don't have a problem with it at all. Plus, I love Kayla and Kim, no matter what.  So, I am always going to be bias in their favor..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Hi All,

Longtime lurker, first time posting in this thread. 

Amazingly, the ONLY one who showed Theresa any sympathy (not counting JJ, of course) was Brady!  Eve was all, Sure I'm sorry, but leave the kid!  The only one I really care about is Brady so I'm going to do whatever I need to do to guilt you in to leaving the kid.  She showed no compassion to the fact that it might make Kimberly happy to see her grandson which would, in turn, make it much easier on her father.   Even though she professed to love Theresa she was showing her no compassion either.  Go, be a nursemaid - who cares if you miss your son.  

I agree with everyone here who thinks Rafe and Hope are the worst!  How long can they hold him in that room with no evidence?  I know time is wonky on DAYS but isn't at least the next day since they put him in there?  

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand, your dislike of Kayla, for, favoring certain relatives over Sami and Theresa, but, I don't have a problem with it at all. Plus, I love Kayla and Kim, no matter what.  So, I am always going to be bias in their favor..

That's fine. I'm looking at it from a non-stan perspective and the writing irks me. Obviously mileage varies but it's not necessarily a personal dislike of Kayla I harbor... I don't dislike her overall but some of her behavior the last few years has been inexplicably ridiculous IMO... it is actually about the bad writing for her regarding those three nieces for me. The show hasn't explained it and I think it makes her look terrible and snide to be cold/judgmental to two of her nieces while putting the other on a teflon pedestal while the show just flits on by without explaining why Kayla is so damn hypocritical considering all three nieces have done awful, selfish things. IMO, I should not have to fanwank Kayla's blatant hypocrisy cause Days wants to be lazy and/or continue to concentrate on its Poor Innocent Princess Abby narrative. It should be in the writing why she feels such a need to go out of her way to coddle Abby's feelings while simultaneously being nasty like to her other nieces. But it isn't. 

Anywho, I do wonder if Days will be rehabbing Eve's character after cutting her off at the knees in this Brady custody story (Not a typo :P) or keep her as the town whipping post with Theresa leaving? I feel like Eve should be involved in the Ben story considering he murdered Paige but I guess TPTB can't have her multitask. KdP is a strong actress who can spin a lot of bad material in to gold but Eve really took a beating with this story. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
addition... addition!
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Hi All,

Longtime lurker, first time posting in this thread. 

Amazingly, the ONLY one who showed Theresa any sympathy (not counting JJ, of course) was Brady!  Eve was all, Sure I'm sorry, but leave the kid!  The only one I really care about is Brady so I'm going to do whatever I need to do to guilt you in to leaving the kid.  She showed no compassion to the fact that it might make Kimberly happy to see her grandson which would, in turn, make it much easier on her father.   Even though she professed to love Theresa she was showing her no compassion either.  Go, be a nursemaid - who cares if you miss your son.  

I agree with everyone here who thinks Rafe and Hope are the worst!  How long can they hold him in that room with no evidence?  I know time is wonky on DAYS but isn't at least the next day since they put him in there?  

and didn't hope decline to give him a glass of water when he asked for it? bitch... i pray he and ciara get together. i hope she gets pregnant. that would fix hopes wagon. original recipe princess!

• Love 4

I was SO disappointed when Rafe came in and said that, according to the Fire Marshall, the fire was not some sort of accident.   I was SO waiting to see Hope's face when it was revealed to be an accident.   Have no idea where this is going...did Ben really set the fire or did some random homeless person wander there to set fire?    I mean, what's the point of the Ben/Ciara pairing if it turns out he struck the match to set Ciara ablaze?  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I was SO disappointed when Rafe came in and said that, according to the Fire Marshall, the fire was not some sort of accident.   I was SO waiting to see Hope's face when it was revealed to be an accident.   Have no idea where this is going...did Ben really set the fire or did some random homeless person wander there to set fire?    I mean, what's the point of the Ben/Ciara pairing if it turns out he struck the match to set Ciara ablaze?  

I think Rafe was simply lying.  Have they really kept him sitting in that room long enough for forensics to go to the cabin, gather evidence, analyze that evidence, and file a written report?  It was probably fill a file folder with random grocery lists and pretend you are reading a report.

• Love 1

Why are they questioni ng Ben without a lawyer and rafe didn't even want to give him his phonecall.

eve told Teresa she loved he r if that was love U don't know what hate would be like lol.

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG, are they really having Eve go there with trashing JJ and Theresa for the drugs? And damn, Show had gotten Jennifer and Ever to a state of almost-friendship, and now it looks like it's going to be torn away again.

"Things don't just happen with you, Claire.  You make them happen."  So true.

Yeah, Theresa, I'm pretty much used to Brady being horrible, too.

Jebus, Rafe and Hope are being really horrible.  Are they really trying to make Ben have a breakdown?

Weird that Theresa is leaving on a Thursday.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

I tried to watch the Ciara/Claire scenes but the Claire actress is just so bad. It's too much second-hand embarrassment for me. I loved her dress though.

I wish they were doing this Ben/Ciara story with someone that wasn't Ciara lol.

Eve is heinous. Like what the fuck are they even doing here? What is the point of anything?

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

That's fine. I'm looking at it from a non-stan perspective and the writing irks me. Obviously mileage varies but it's not necessarily a personal dislike of Kayla I harbor... I don't dislike her overall but some of her behavior the last few years has been inexplicably ridiculous IMO... it is actually about the bad writing for her regarding those three nieces for me. The show hasn't explained it and I think it makes her look terrible and snide to be cold/judgmental to two of her nieces while putting the other on a teflon pedestal while the show just flits on by without explaining why Kayla is so damn hypocritical considering all three nieces have done awful, selfish things. IMO, I should not have to fanwank Kayla's blatant hypocrisy cause Days wants to be lazy and/or continue to concentrate on its Poor Innocent Princess Abby narrative. It should be in the writing why she feels such a need to go out of her way to coddle Abby's feelings while simultaneously being nasty like to her other nieces. But it isn't. 

Anywho, I do wonder if Days will be rehabbing Eve's character after cutting her off at the knees in this Brady custody story (Not a typo :P) or keep her as the town whipping post with Theresa leaving? I feel like Eve should be involved in the Ben story considering he murdered Paige but I guess TPTB can't have her multitask. KdP is a strong actress who can spin a lot of bad material in to gold but Eve really took a beating with this story. 

I can forgive Kayla's hypocrisy because her good outweighs her bad. Nobody is perfect.  I have known her longer and I have seen her highs and lows. She always does the right the right thing, after all is said and done. Sadly, I don't have the same affinity for Theresa and Abigail.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

t should be in the writing why she feels such a need to go out of her way to coddle Abby's feelings while simultaneously being nasty like to her other nieces. But it isn't. 

It would be one thing if Abby was sweet, wonderful and lovable that Kayla cannot help favoring her. But she is not. Either she is judgmental, slapping any female she didn't like and annoying (KM's Abby) or dull, passive with zero personality (MM's Abby).

And in comparing, Kayla's treatment of Abby vs JJ, there is no contest despite JJ being the better person/character despite his flaws and history of bad choices.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Why are they questioni ng Ben without a lawyer and rafe didn't even want to give him his phonecall.

eve told Teresa she loved he r if that was love U don't know what hate would be like lol.

It works both way.  Theresa hates her sister too.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I can forgive Kayla's hypocrisy because her good outweighs her bad. Nobody is perfect.  I have known her longer and I have seen her highs and lows. She always does the right the right thing, after all is said and done. Sadly, I don't have the same affinity for Theresa and Abigail.

Kayla's problem is she wants to be a Horton princess but know it will never happen no matter how hard she try.

16 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Kayla's problem is she wants to be a Horton princess but know it will never happen no matter how hard she try.

Kayla is a Brady. She comes from a hardworking, proud Irish family. She does not need to be a Horton, to be awesome. She already is..

• Love 6

Ben should have access to some sort of legal representation. He has not been charged for any crime and he should not be handcuffed. Commissioner Brady and her boyfriend have no business goading him in to making some stupid confession for something he probably didn't do. Guilt by association, proximity. They have no case against him without concrete evidence. Either Ciara started the fire by accident, or someone wandered by.

Ciara should still be off her feet for a bit. She is lucky her apartment does not have corners and angles that would make it hard to hobble around on crutches.

Claire, leave her alone. Offer to help if necessary.

Brady was actually decent toward Theresa when he learned about her mother being ill.  She can certainly arrange for some Skype or Facetime or equivalent sessions so Brady can at least see Tate once in a while.

Jenn may be on to something that Eve is somehow involved in the drug planting at JJ's place. The child services person planted them there during his visit. So easy to do.

Eve, you hate your sister. Too bad. Soon Brady will hate you and you will be even. Your house of cards will crash down.

• Love 7

Man, Jen Lilley really does put her heart into Theresa inexplicably loving Brady. I wish that hadn't softened her towards him just before leaving. She even told Eve she loves her. Gag.

I so hope she returns for a longer stay before the show is gone, and if there's any justice, she'll be ringing JJ's doorbell. 

I hated how Eve and Brady have treated her. I've been disgusted with everybody else for acting like what happened to her was no biggie. However she's walking away with Tate and a real connection with JJ. So, I can't say the return wasn't entertaining. So, huh, halfway decent job, Ron. 

• Love 8

Tate playing with Brady’s hair was so cute.  I don’t think that was part of the script LOL.  

Go get them Jennifer!  She is a better detective than Hope.   

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Theresa is a way better person than me.  I wouldn't have softened towards Brady or Eve ever.

I was hoping she's stab them with a butter knife.

And I'm so glad Tate told his dad he could keep his cheap ass watch.

I'm very much going to miss what could have been with JJ and Theresa.  They're the best couple not-couple currently on the show other than the vets.

I no longer despise Ciara - I hate her with a white hot passion.  She's such an ugly human being that even a serial killer deserves better.

I hope Clare short sheets her bed and puts saran wrap on the toilet to welcome her home.  And puts everything JUST out of reach......

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, boes said:

I'm very much going to miss what could have been with JJ and Theresa.  They're the best couple not-couple currently on the show other than the vets.

What I loved about it is that there's so much history there. It took them a long time to be able to call themselves friends because of all the shit that went down. And you just realize how much JJ has grown up.

Gabi going full evil is hilarious. This feels so RC.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

The irony is, this argument isn't really a Brady/Horton one.  Kayla is a Johnson and Abigail and JJ are her relatives through Steve and Jack, them being Horton's has no real bearance here.  If we are classifying by family it is a Brady/Johnson or Brady/Deveraux issue.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Theresa is a way better person than me.  I wouldn't have softened towards Brady or Eve ever.

I really hated those scenes in the Pub. After all that's gone down, all of a sudden everyone loves each other and they are one big happy family. WHAT?! Theresa listens to Eve and wants Brady to have Tate. But Brady insists Theresa take Tate. And Auntie Eve can read him bedtime stories over FaceTime. And Theresa and Eve are totally loving sisters now despite every horrible thing they've said and done to each other. Even Maggie stops vilifying Theresa enough to give her a hug. Why? Because Kim has cancer again? So being held captive by a psychotic drug lord for two years doesn't warrant an ounce of sympathy? But having a mother with cancer wipes all your sins clean? Dumb.

Theresa should have left town without saying a damn word to Brady or Eve. That would have fueled Brady's rage, which would then spill over on to Eve when the truth comes out. Wrapping up Theresa's return in a nice shiny pink bow was just moronic.

• Love 11

OK, clearly I did not get the memo that attire for a funeral must be as sexy as you can possibly make it.   Hence Valerie's peek-a-boo cleavage and Lani's  backless mini dress.  It's a shame they had Abe and Eli totally kill the vibe with those suits.

Also, did they bury the baby in Horton Square?  WTF??

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

OK, clearly I did not get the memo that attire for a funeral must be as sexy as you can possibly make it.   Hence Valerie's peek-a-boo cleavage and Lani's  backless mini dress.  It's a shame they had Abe and Eli totally kill the vibe with those suits.

Also, did they bury the baby in Horton Square?  WTF??

i just came here to say the same thing. granted i ff'd the lani parts so i didn't know if i missed something. but wtf is right!  i don't get the connection. and to grieve like that out there in the square? what did the passers-by think. what was that all about ? it looked ridiculous. the ladies attire was pretty disrespectful. then again, i'm no prude but the way these women show off their cleavage  (s) in public makes my eyes pop out. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kayla is a Brady. She comes from a hardworking, proud Irish family. She does not need to be a Horton, to be awesome. She already is..

True.  But she acts like she wants to be a Horton princess since she always cottons to the Hortons.

28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would some anonymous somebody send a letter to Will and not to Sonny?

I think that it is Kristen and she is tormenting Will because of Marlena. Kristen should have been the one who kept Will away from his family. Susan would never hurt Marlena that way.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, boes said:

I was hoping she's stab them with a butter knife.

And I'm so glad Tate told his dad he could keep his cheap ass watch.

I no longer despise Ciara - I hate her with a white hot passion.  She's such an ugly human being that even a serial killer deserves better.

I hope Clare short sheets her bed and puts saran wrap on the toilet to welcome her home.  And puts everything JUST out of reach......

Nothing was mentioned in regards to child support from Brady.  I am sure Theresa would welcome it since Victor cut her off at the knees.

• Love 4