Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I guess this is a case of Claire's never being able to win.  I think she told Hope Rafe's secret because it affected her directly and who she was about to marry.  Ciara's being a rape victim is her personal business and only affects her, it's only Ciara's story to tell.

The only way Claire can "win" is to stay out of everyone's business. IMO, she took great pride in telling Hope about Rafe's 1-night stand which didn't even involve Claire...and definitely not her secret to tell.  And not that Ciara's secret is open for discussion either; however, Claire could have explained to Tripp that Ciara is working through some personal issues, instead of cozying up to Tripp on the couch which we all know is most likely going to lead to them having sex. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

The only way Claire can "win" is to stay out of everyone's business. IMO, she took great pride in telling Hope about Rafe's 1-night stand which didn't even involve Claire...and definitely not her secret to tell.  And not that Ciara's secret is open for discussion either; however, Claire could have explained to Tripp that Ciara is working through some personal issues, instead of cozying up to Tripp on the couch which we all know is most likely going to lead to them having sex. 

Well if "the only way Claire can win is if she stays out of everyone's business", then why should she even be talking to Tripp about Ciara?  And how could Claire even know Ciara has any issues regarding Chase's raping her when the two girls haven't really spoken in even a remotely friendly way in over a year? 

Now, I just hope Gabi actually gets out of prison soon--she's been in for months now and it's getting beyond ridiculous

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate that I don't care at all about Ciara.  I just find her intolerable.  I want to be invested in this story.  She should have been talking to someone about the rape ages ago. In fact, as much as I hated that story for wasting Chase, I was even more pissed off that they had the damn story, then failed to follow through. 

But Ciara has been so unlikable to me, pretty much since she wrote the letter to Theo, that I can't even muster any give a shit for her current plight, however sympathetic it is generally.  And I hate that Claire is constantly being set up as the foil for her with Ciara ALWAYS being made the victor.  I didn't agree with Claire hiding the letter; but I absolutely agreed that she had the right to be upset about it and should have taken it and confronted Ciara about it. 

Add to that 1) Ciara being a horrible bully and delusional a-hole upon returning, 2) I hated her attitude about Rafe and "the secret" and understood Claire's motive for telling the truth, and 3) Ciara joins the Face of Bella contest just to stick it to Claire and wins?  Am I supposed to think it's cool that Ciara won because after she entered for a shitty purpose, she decided she might actually like being the Face of Bella? Cause, no.  She just seems like a jerk to me.  And having her win all the things and having Tripp suddenly fall for her when she's been a right bitch to a person who has been his friend, Claire, is not making it better.

Now we have poor Ciara breaking up with Tripp [read: dumping him in a horridly harsh way] and then meany, selfish Claire making out with Tripp.  I feel like they are trying to set up a Carrie/Sami  dynamic with Ciara and Claire.  Except that, while Carrie wasn't my favorite, she was genuinely nice and generally fair minded.  It was grating that she was everything pretty, sweetness, and light.  But at least she was those things while being held up as an angel.  Ciara is a brat and a bully and is still getting the Carrie treatment. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I hate that I don't care at all about Ciara.  I just find her intolerable.  I want to be invested in this story.  She should have been talking to someone about the rape ages ago. In fact, as much as I hated that story for wasting Chase, I was even more pissed off that they had the damn story, then failed to follow through. 

But Ciara has been so unlikable to me, pretty much since she wrote the letter to Theo, that I can't even muster any give a shit for her current plight, however sympathetic it is generally.  And I hate that Claire is constantly being set up as the foil for her with Ciara ALWAYS being made the victor.  I didn't agree with Claire hiding the letter; but I absolutely agreed that she had the right to be upset about it and should have taken it and confronted Ciara about it. 

Add to that 1) Ciara being a horrible bully and delusional a-hole upon returning, 2) I hated her attitude about Rafe and "the secret" and understood Claire's motive for telling the truth, and 3) Ciara joins the Face of Bella contest just to stick it to Claire and wins?  Am I supposed to think it's cool that Ciara won because after she entered for a shitty purpose, she decided she might actually like being the Face of Bella? Cause, no.  She just seems like a jerk to me.  And Having her win all the things and having Tripp suddenly fall for her when she's been a right bitch to a person who has been his friend, Claire, is not making it better.

Now we have poor Ciara breaking up with Tripp [read: dumping him in a horridly harsh way] and then meany, selfish Claire making out with Tripp.  I feel like their are trying to set up a Carrie/Sami  dynamic with Ciara and Claire.  Except that, while Carrie wasn't my favorite, she was genuinely nice and generally fair minded.  It was grating that she was everything pretty, sweetness, and light.  But at least she was those things while being held up as an angel.  Ciara is a brat and a bully and is still getting the Carrie treatment. 

Very well said, thank you.

There's yet to be a moment where I've felt for Ciara.  Even when she's in the right, she's so ugly about it she's reminding me of Mansi's version of Abigail.  Another entitled Horton harpie.

• Love 8

I dunno why, instead of having Tripp and Claire hook up in the heat of the moment, Claire had to talk him into it.  The girl who talks to her stuffed animals is also a seductress?  'Kay?

JJ's comment to Hope about Rafe at least not getting Sami pregnant when he hooked up with her...uh oh!

Theresa needs to stop begging for Brady's love and start beating him with her fists.  He is the worst.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Ugh!  Both Chloe and Eve need to shut up right now.  Theresa has been raped by this monster for more than a year.  Hell the whole reason she was with the monster noodle in the first place was to keep her son and Eve's precious Brady alive.  Chloe was only with the monster noodle for what a few days?  All he did to her was keep her in a room where she was fed, made her wear a dress, and sing and dance for him.  While it would suck to be kidnapped, Chloe did not in anyway experience the hell that Theresa has been through and she needs to be more empathetic to the fact that Theresa is traumatized, suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder most likely, and is still acting on pure fear.  Eve needs to be compassionate towards her sister and help her heal from all the trauma she has been through.  I wanted to see Eve hug Theresa and tell her everything is going to be okay and that she wants to help her heal.  Brady just needs to go away for awhile.  So tired of him.

This!! I am enraged & offended that Brady & even her own sister Eve, treats Theresa like she is anything but a victim in all this. They should be beyond ashamed of their treatment of her. If RC brought JL/Theresa back for this abuse, I am done. She has been victimized & abused for the entire time she was with the Noodle. She didn't really leave of her own free will to be with him after all...it was to protect them for crying out loud!!

Brady is the biggest a**hole only getting worse over the years. He needs to back off...give him a rest or a major personality change writers. This entire story is awful.If I was Theresa, I'd take my son & leave that stupid town.

• Love 14

Xander is now running aroudn town shirtless, not just having the excuse of having just stepped out of the pool.

Brady rehashing all of the crap Theresa did in the past is stupid, considering they got past that before she left.

Show has a hard time trying to make us care about Claire vs. Ciara, when they're both horrible characters.

Sorry, Brady, you don't get to say that Theresa can't be in her son's life.

Don't these people have bedrooms?

Jen Lilley has been very busy on twitter trying to explain to people that Theresa is coming from a place where she was held as a sex slave.

• Love 12
(edited)

I think what happened to Theresa was HORRIBLE and I cannot stand that the show has totally glossed over the fact that Theresa was held as a forced concubine (i.e. sex slave).  That said, I think Chloe and (to a much lesser extent) Eve have the right to be upset.  Brady also has the right to be upset.  Theresa sacrificed herself for her family, no doubt.  But that does not give her a pass to manipulate and lie to people.  

I don't really blame Theresa for taking her opportunity to escape.  I don't even blame her for keeping quiet about Chloe in light of Mateo's threats.  Although, I think both Chloe and Brady are entitled to be upset about it.  Chloe because she was left by Theresa to face the same horrific fate Theresa had just endured,  And Brady because she again chose to lie to him instead of let him know what was going on and make an informed choice about what risks to take.  And because he cares about Chloe.  

They both also have the right to be pissed off that Theresa actively sabotaged the rescue attempt.  Brady almost lost his father and brother over that.  So in saving her (their) family, she put part of his in jeopardy.  She may have had reasons, but I don't expect Brady to be okay with it. 

As for Eve, Chloe is her friend and she loves Brady.  So she's both pissed that Theresa stranded Chloe and that Theresa manipulated and guilt tripped her only to keep lying to everyone. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jen Lilley has been very busy on twitter trying to explain to people that Theresa is coming from a place where she was held as a sex slave.

It is a shame JL has to do that but that's how poorly this story has been written. Well, that and those who want to ignore the rape/ trauma aspect when focusing on Theresa's actions without factoring in what her motivation is and what has been driving her since she was traded out for Chloe. It's odd to me the other characters want to run her down for what Chloe could've suffered while also ignoring or dismissing what Theresa actually did suffer. Theresa has made a bunch of bad choices since her return but I don't think Theresa really had any good choices she could make coming from the trauma of sexual captivity along with the threat that the wrong move means she will get her son killed. This story would have been so much better if Days had written the fallout of her ordeal while having her focus on reestablishing her bond with Tate rather than making it about how callous Brady and Eve... er, Brady and Eve's "enduring" love story is being messed with by Theresa.

With today's ep and Brady's general lack of caring about what she went through, why does Theresa still want him? It makes no sense. I know she has low self-esteem but Brady is treating her like almost like the domestic abuser who hits his victim then says 'look what you made me do.' It's so awful to watch. And what are TPTB aiming for with this story outside of trying to sell Brady and Eve as some sort of great love story? As if we won't see Brady engaged to his next true love before the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

JJ's comment to Hope about Rafe at least not getting Sami pregnant when he hooked up with her...uh oh!

Absolutely ghastly. Days will continue to use Sami's returns to make Rafe relevant. Makes me wish Ali wouldn't return so that Rafe could sink like the turd he is since he's not as the honorable hero the show keeps trying sell him as.  Every time time Rafe shows up onscreen, I wonder why he is still there. He is such a time suck and diminishes every woman he is paired with. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Chick2Chic said:

Absolutely ghastly. Days will continue to use Sami's returns to make Rafe relevant. Makes me wish Ali wouldn't return so that Rafe could sink like the turd he is since he's not as the honorable hero the show keeps trying sell him as.  Every time time Rafe shows up onscreen, I wonder why he is still there. He is such a time suck and diminishes every woman he is paired with. 

GREAT post, best dissection of the blowhole that is Rafe that I've seen in some time.

He's the worst.  Well, maybe in lockstep with Brady....

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno why, instead of having Tripp and Claire hook up in the heat of the moment, Claire had to talk him into it.  The girl who talks to her stuffed animals is also a seductress?  'Kay?

Theresa needs to stop begging for Brady's love and start beating him with her fists.  He is the worst.

Claire seducing Tripp was so bad. I had way too much second-hand embarrassment so I couldn't even enjoy it for the utter horribleness it was! This actress is just awful and making her act that out was criminal tbh. Also, she just seems like a child to me, so I found it kinda icky.

I had the same thought when JJ said that. Ugh.

And yes to Theresa pummeling Brady. I mean I am fast forwarding all those scenes, but I can imagine what a utter asshole Brady is being.

49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Xander is now running aroudn town shirtless, not just having the excuse of having just stepped out of the pool.

When he showed up shirtless yet again I was like, "That's so Ron." I'm over Xander now. Ron ruins everything.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I'm definitely Team Theresa.  I'm just trying to figure out WHO is going to come to her defense.  Because Victor is barely on screen.  And now that they've had her risk John & Paul -- she loses Salem sympathy points.  

Ugh.  So frustrating... I thought she ALMOST was going to say it today (that she was raped). But nope.  We got "I don't like to talk about that." 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I think what happened to Theresa was HORRIBLE and I cannot stand that the show has totally glossed over the fact that Theresa was held as a forced concubine (i.e. sex slave).  That said, I think Chloe and (to a much lesser extent) Eve have the right to be upset.  Brady also has the right to be upset.  Theresa sacrificed herself for her family, no doubt.  But that does not give her a pass to manipulate and lie to people.  

I don't really blame Theresa for taking her opportunity to escape.  I don't even blame her for keeping quiet about Chloe in light of Mateo's threats.  Although, I think both Chloe and Brady are entitled to be upset about it.  Chloe because she was left by Theresa to face the same horrific fate Theresa had just endured,  And Brady because she again chose to lie to him instead of let him know what was going on and make an informed choice about what risks to take.  And because he cares about Chloe.  

They both also have the right to be pissed off that Theresa actively sabotaged the rescue attempt.  Brady almost lost his father and brother over that.  So in saving her (their) family, she put part of his in jeopardy.  She may have had reasons, but I don't expect Brady to be okay with it. 

As for Eve, Chloe is her friend and she loves Brady.  So she's both pissed that Theresa stranded Chloe and that Theresa manipulated and guilt tripped her only to keep lying to everyone. 

This. All of this. What Theresa endured is disgusting. But Chloe was in just as much peril. And Brady being upset as far as John and Paul are concerned? Well, if he was an ass to Theresa then, so be it. They are his family, too. And hey, Theresa did try to kill John herself before.

Maybe Brady remembers that.

So, yeah. I don't think Brady is just a dick. I know Theresa is liked, but there are a lot of other angles where Eve, Chloe, and Brady are concerned. And can be interpreted as Theresa abandoning Chloe, for one thing, even if circumstances are murky. As for Brady, I admit it. Brady CAN BE a dick, but as long as I get where he is coming from? I can tolerate it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I don't think anyone said it gave Theresa a pass. I think the consensus is it explains Theresa's motives and the fear of the overhanging threat from Mateo that he will kill Tate if he thinks she ratted him out. That is what is driving her. And no. it doesn't give her a pass but it does mean things aren't all black and white, which seems to be what is being occurring. I personally feel like this situation is set up so that Theresa doesn't have any good choices. If she does, I am totally open to having a shred of optimism about this story.

IMO The problem is no one has bothered to think about the lingering threat to kill a child or the almost 2 years of sex trafficking on the show. It is all about Brady & Eve's love story. So it is a disservice to something hideous like swx trafficking that is then compounded by bad writing to push forward a bland romance. I get that others are upset with Theresa's choices but it still comes with them ignoring or dismissing what she actually went through while actively applying those horrors on what potentially could have happened to Chloe. It is a total disconnect.

And while Chloe is Eve's friend, she is also Theresa's sister. As an ex-teen prostitute herself, I would think Eve would be more compassionate or at least understanding about the traumas of sex trafficking & rape. Instead it is only about Brady and then Chloe.

And while Brady is still fresh off of running Nicole out of town by threatening her, he might also remember to temper his rage towards his child's mother who actually did a noble for thing their kid despite her current actions that she saw as still trying to protect Tate... not that it really matters anymore. I may not agree with Theresa's choices but I get why she is doing what she is doing and that is a lot more than the characters on the show are doing. The one dimensional writing is ludicrous.

Theresa should just take Tate and tell Brady to kiss her ass. JL should tell RC something similar after this BS story he brought her back for. 

• Love 15
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I don't think anyone said it gave Theresa a pass. I think the consensus is it explains Theresa's motives and the fear of the overhanging threat from Mateo that he will kill Tate if he thinks she ratted him out. That is what is driving her. And no. it doesn't give her a pass but it does mean things aren't all black and white, which seems to be what is being occurring. I personally feel like this situation is set up so that Theresa doesn't have any good choices. If she does, I am totally open to having a shred of optimism about this story.

IMO The problem is no one has bothered to think about the lingering threat to kill a child or the almost 2 years of sex trafficking on the show. It is all about Brady & Eve's love story. So it is a disservice to something hideous like swx trafficking that is then compounded by bad writing to push forward a bland romance. I get that others are upset with Theresa's choices but it still comes with them ignoring or dismissing what she actually went through while actively applying those horrors on what potentially could have happened to Chloe. It is a total disconnect.

And while Chloe is Eve's friend, she is also Theresa's sister. As an ex-teen prostitute herself, I would think Eve would be more compassionate or at least understanding about the traumas of sex trafficking & rape. Instead it is only about Brady and then Chloe.

And while Brady is still fresh off of running Nicole out of town by threatening her, he might also remember to temper his rage towards his child's mother who actually did a noble for thing their kid despite her current actions that she saw as still trying to protect Tate... not that it really matters anymore. I may not agree with Theresa's choices but I get why she is doing what she is doing and that is a lot more than the characters on the show are doing. The one dimensional writing is ludicrous.

Theresa should just take Tate and tell Brady to kiss her ass. JL should tell RC something similar after this BS story he brought her back for. 

Amen! I love your post. I wish that we had a real writer that would have incorporated the complicated histories of Kim and Eve, by tying it, to Theresa's captivity, as a sex slave.   I would have wanted Eve to remember that Kim lost her first daughter, her sister, saving her ass, from captivity, as a sex slave, herself.  Her nastiness towards Theresa is really off-putting, she has no loyalty to her sister. A sister who was really there for her when she lost Paige. This story just stinks and it makes everybody look terrible..

Where are Kim and Shane, not to mention, Andrew Donovan, in all of this, There is no way that my favorite supercouple would allow their grandson, to be raised in Victor's house. No way in hell...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Brady will soon move on to the next love of his life.

Eve, maybe spend some time talking to your sister and removing Brady from the conversation. He isn't worth either of you.

Ciara, why talk to Aunt Kayla? Guess Tripp is just another nice guy and you prefer someone bad.

Claire, you don't make the move on someone that just got dumped by your aunt/friend? Tripp, maybe it's time to find your own place.

Lani just looks like she has a burrito belly.

Nice of JJ to drop an anvil about Sami and a possible offspring.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Days is not on Thursday or Friday due to Tennis being on those days instead.  Personally, I wish they would show the tennis matches on espn and let us watch our soaps.

No, when the show is this bad, give me tennis.

• Love 1

I am excited about Ben's return and enjoy my soap as escapism after a long day at work.  I find tennis so boring and wish they would keep it on a sports channel but I know there a lot of tennis fans so I hope those fans will enjoy watching the matches.  I guess there are worse things the show could be preempted for.

• Love 4

I find JL's tweets quite pathetic actually.  She's been in overdrive since her return trying to fanwank Theresa's actions and rationalize her moronic behavior. Bitch needs to get a grip. We all watch the show, we are free to make up our own minds, we don't need her to tell us who to root for.  She reminds me of Billy Flynn, super obnoxious and self absorbed. She views her character as some saintly martyr and probably wishes she was some Alice/Marlena type heroine, but all I see is a nasty, shitty character played by a shitty actress.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice of JJ to drop an anvil about Sami and a possible offspring.

I had to go to the ER from the concussion I received from it falling on my head.

Not to defend Rafe but if that happens, Allison isn't staying around and the kid will be off screen. Rafe loses again. Not really fair/cool to give him a kid finally and then not have it here with him.

I'm bored with Ciara/Tripp/Claire. None of them are interesting or particularly worth rooting for. Bring on

Ben/Ciara

Edited by swtrgrl
tags!
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, boes said:

Very well said, thank you.

There's yet to be a moment where I've felt for Ciara.  Even when she's in the right, she's so ugly about it she's reminding me of Mansi's version of Abigail.  Another entitled Horton harpie.

they are making ciara very unlikeable. why not carry on from little ciara of last (forgot her name) being a wise precocious child, grown up to be a much nicer, wiser version of this  intolerable incantation?. "street smart" (snark, as if! ciara , princess junior) does not equal nasty & bitchy, who continues to blame julie for her remembering the rape while with tripp. i have my issues with julie but i believe she did no wrong in that scene. she was being sympathetic and she is her grandmother/aunt. 

i am not excited about mansi coming back.  at least the "new" abigail seems kind though it is in direct contrast to her past actions.( attempted murder, murder, slut, etc)

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

yep. sami is pregnant i betcha .  not so subtle hint there. what is like almost 50 years old, uh oh indeed. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

This!! I am enraged & offended that Brady & even her own sister Eve, treats Theresa like she is anything but a victim in all this. They should be beyond ashamed of their treatment of her. If RC brought JL/Theresa back for this abuse, I am done. She has been victimized & abused for the entire time she was with the Noodle. She didn't really leave of her own free will to be with him after all...it was to protect them for crying out loud!!

Brady is the biggest a**hole only getting worse over the years. He needs to back off...give him a rest or a major personality change writers. This entire story is awful.If I was Theresa, I'd take my son & leave that stupid town.

it's truly disgusting. she did a selfless thing, she was repeatedly raped all the time she was held captive. she would have been killed.. they are all horrid people. she needs to talk to marlena or some other shrink after this ordeal. and how about group counseling so the pieces of shit brady, eve and chloe can get their asses handed to them.  teresa take tate and get the hell out of there. you can do better.

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Brady rehashing all of the crap Theresa did in the past is stupid, considering they got past that before she left.

Show has a hard time trying to make us care about Claire vs. Ciara, when they're both horrible characters.

Sorry, Brady, you don't get to say that Theresa can't be in her son's life.

Don't these people have bedrooms?

my husband happened to see that and said why is that guy talking to that women without his shirt on? i said, he never wears a shirt. this sums it up.

5 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Days is not on Thursday or Friday due to Tennis being on those days instead.  Personally, I wish they would show the tennis matches on espn and let us watch our soaps.

this sucks. put the tennis on a sports channel. i agree. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

[Eve's] nastiness towards Theresa is really off-putting, she has no loyalty to her sister.

It's the Eve part that really sucks. Brady was already an asshole and Chloe has a right to be upset, but Eve being this dickish towards Theresa is stupid and it makes Eve look horrible.

The main problem though imo is that they're not really talking about how Theresa was raped for 2 years. They aren't because they want Theresa to look heinous and for Eve and Brady to look good, but still I can't really blame anyone for seeing Theresa as a bitch since that's how it's being presented. All around, it's just terrible writing. And all so, what, we'll root for star-crossed lovers Eve and Brady? PLEASE!

I'm looking forward to Theresa being in a scene with someone else today. And that it's JJ is even better since I love him. I don't know their history, but I'm still interested in the scenes.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Now today was a good episode:  I liked JJ's reaching out to Theresa because he could see how much agony she was in and he remembers their conversation in the church--he's a kind person and I'm proud of him for realizing just how horrible Theresa's life has been.  He called it right, she was a prisoner to a violent psychopath for year and a half, not hanging out in a spa.  Now we just need Theresa's actual loved ones to understand that.

The Claire/Tripp/Ciara scenes were well done, especially when Claire realized why Ciara was pulling away from Tripp--the look of pain the two girls shared was a quiet, lovely moment.  Ciara of course has to ruin it by running off like a petulant child instead of actually facing her trauma and talking it through.  She will never have any form of happiness while she harbors such spite and anger.

I do not know how someone so young and fresh out of college like Leo manages to walk around unscathed :):)  Seriously, Leo's showing every bit of his 40 years--heck, he and Justin looked like contemporaries :)   I guess he's looking for a huge payoff?

• Love 8

Wait, so Claire did know about the rape before today?  I thought she did, but some of her comments today left me unsure.

Brady shading Victor's treatment of his family.  Hey dude, aren't you the one who blackmailed the woman your brother loved out of town?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

ESPN is ABC.  Different contracts.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Eve being this dickish towards Theresa is stupid and it makes Eve look horrible.

Eve has always hated Theresa, she blames Kim for her parents' breakup years ago.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, so Claire did know about the rape before today?  I thought she did, but some of her comments today left me unsure.

Brady shading Victor's treatment of his family.  Hey dude, aren't you the one who blackmailed the woman your brother loved out of town?

Claire was actually the first person Ciara told about the rape, that's why she was encouraging Ciara to tell Tripp why she kept pulling away from her.  I thought their scenes were really well done.

Re: Brady's telling off of Victor, where exactly does he think he's going to get hired?  Most companies frown on their employees drinking on the job, and taking numerous days off to tend to their drama-filled love lives--working for his family's the only chance he has.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2
(edited)

Got it, so what Claire was saying is that she didn't know that her unresolved issues about the rape is why Ciara pulled away from/dumped Tripp.  And I agree, I thought the scenes overall were pretty well-done.  Certainly better than hearing these three argue about a magazine contest.

Oh, by the way, Ciara's kiss-off to Tripp and Claire reminded me of the iconic "I hate you both, never talk to me again!" moment from "Beverly Hills, 90210" when Brenda finds out about the Summer of Deception from Dylan and Kelly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

They're holding a legal conference in the middle of Horton Town Square?

Casey Moss and Jen Lilley are so good, individually and together.

I wonder where Kate dug up this Ted guy.

Did Ciara wait for Tripp and Claire to get dressed before continuing her diatribe?

All they have to do is to find the ManBun bartender to prove that Sonny found Leo on the dating app. Unless he was part of the scam.

Gilles Marini's accent is very thick.

Sonny needs to hire Paul to dig up dirt on Leo.

Claire just standing there while Ciara talks about being raped.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do not know how someone so young and fresh out of college like Leo manages to walk around unscathed :):)  Seriously, Leo's showing every bit of his 40 years--heck, he and Justin looked like contemporaries :)   I guess he's looking for a huge payoff?

He looked older than ever today. He truly did look like a contemporary of Justin and Kate. And looked older than the lawyer. 

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Eve has always hated Theresa, she blames Kim for her parents' breakup years ago.

That doesn't really help her look better for being so heinous about Theresa being locked up as a sex slave for a year.

Today was the first time I've liked Theresa, so yay. I'm looking forward to more of her and JJ. 

• Love 5

They had gotten much closer prior to Theresa being forced to leave because Theresa helped Eve as she grieved Paige's passing.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He should remember that he found out Paul was already hired to dig up dirt on Leo.

Also, seek out MBB!  Didn't he witness Sonny swiping right on Leo?

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

They're holding a legal conference in the middle of Horton Town Square?

Casey Moss and Jen Lilley are so good, individually and together.

I wonder where Kate dug up this Ted guy.

Did Ciara wait for Tripp and Claire to get dressed before continuing her diatribe?

All they have to do is to find the ManBun bartender to prove that Sonny found Leo on the dating app. Unless he was part of the scam.

Gilles Marini's accent is very thick.

Gilles was born in France. He came to the states to learn English. I do think that he is exaggerating it a bit. I was so happy to see him, I hope that he gets to speak French on the show. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I was thinking Sonny could have Chad testify that Sonny found Leo on a dating app--Sonny showed Chad Leo's picture and Chad commented on what a "hunk" Leo was.

I'm not sure what you expected Claire to do at that moment.  Ciara was stomping around, yelling at them and then she was forced to admit that she pulled away from Tripp because she was traumatized by her rape. Claire had no idea that Ciara was still suffering so horribly, she was completely stunned.  And honestly, I wouldn't have approached Ciara either.  Claire knows that Ciara has no problem acting out and physically hitting people when she's upset.

In regards to Theresa and Eve's sisterly bond, the women had gotten closer and even buried the hatchet.  It was Paige's death and then having Tate in their lives that helped the sisters to bond.  I really hope Eve rememebers that and tries to reach out to her sister again.

• Love 4

I do love Casey Moss aka JJ.  Ever since he was first cast, even when his character was insufferable and the actor was pretty raw, he just had something authentic that shone through.  (And it didn't hurt that he drove Jen absolutely NUTS in those days, either, haha).  Casey just gets better and better, as does his character, JJ.

He and Jen Lilley aka Theresa were terrific today.  Back in the day, when she was horrible and he wasn't far behind, they were good together then, too.  I don't know if Show is going to take them in a romantic direction and I really don't care as long as these two continue to interact.  

It's just so GOOD to see Theresa not in frantic mode and seeing JJ in the mature friend zone.  Good scenes, the best of the day.

OhmywhatWILLwedo???  Brady has kicked Victor out of his life and Maggie's whipping her big hair around like a tornado got stuck in it.  Now, help me with this, is the 542rd time we've seen this or only the 541st?  I can't remember....... Gosh, do you think that Victor will continue to connive, Brady will continue to rage, Maggie will simper and Victor will either

A.  have a heart attack and the family, including Brady, will rally at his bedside, all being forgiven.  Or,

B.  apologize and grovel to Brady who will continue to rage and THEN Victor has a heart attack and the family, including Brady, will rally at his bedside, all being forgiven.  Or,

C.  Victor will FAKE having  a heart attack and the family, including Brady, will rally at his bedside, all being forgiven.  Now there's another possibility, too.......Victor might

D.  save Chloe/Brady/Eve/Parker/Tate/Brady's hair removal person/ and Brady will forgive him.

Edge of your seat storytelling going on, sure enough, right?

I'm FFding all things Leo and this revolting case, don't want to watch either this storyline or Greg Rikaart aka Leo.  While I think Greg Rikaart seems like a fine person in real life, he played a self-righteous, creepy putz on The Young and the Restless and he's playing the exact same character here.  To steal and paraphrase from something a critic said about the early Katherine Hepburn, Greg Rikaart with his acting runs the gamut of human emotion all the way from A to B.

Riveting, Leo is not.  

• Love 17

Sonny, you got had. Granted most of the evidence is circumstantial. The phone provider may have a copy of the 'texts' that were sent while you didn't have your phone. Leo and his pals went a long way to get you. Leo hardly looks like someone fresh from college - more like a middle aged con artist. Funny that Sonny had no other staff reporting to him at Titan - where there is evidence that no one was sexually harassed. Lying Leo will get his at some point. Paul or whoever was investigating him should be doing more investigating. Still a stupid story.

Good for Maggie for sentencing Victor to the guest room. Brady, Eve will walk away at some point. Do yourself a favour and spend some time with your son and with yourself.

Nice that Ciara had to blurt out some personal details about herself.  Why didn't she get much counselling - being a biker gal would solve a huge emotional wound? It wasn't up to Claire to tell Tripp, but it seemed a bit heartless to try to jump in the sack with Tripp. Be by yourself for a bit, girls.

Enjoyed JJ and Theresa. Lani will not be happy. Theresa, JJ is a far better dude than Brady. Try to get custody of Tate and move to a different city and choose yourself and your son.

• Love 8

I blanked out on Ciara's scenes today, including telling Tripp about the rape.  That's how little I care about her, I guess.  Perhaps if she hadn't been a raging, self-centered, sneering witch to pretty much everyone, all the time since this actress took over the role I might care.  But I don't.

She's consistently horrible, blaming everyone, acting the Princess, so dredging up sympathy now isn't easy.  She's become the new Abigail and who the hell needs that?

• Love 5
On 5/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So, what if he wasn't trying to kill her. He put his hands on her and physically tried to restrain her and I think he said he was going to do whatever it took to keep her from telling Chad and Kate what he'd done. I don't know about you but if someone did that to me I would have felt completely justified in doing whatever was necessary to protect myself.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, nilyank said:

Abby had to believe that Andre was going to cause her great bodily harm or death in order for Abby to justify that as a reason for killing Andre. Yes, Andre was a psycho serial killer and extremely dangerous, but Abby thought he changed. When she hit him over the head, she was upset with him for lying about sabotaging Chad and Dimera Enterprises. Not because she realized that he a dangerous man.

Right, self-defense as a legal claim (in the real world, anyway) only works when the person kills someone out of a sense that her or his life is in immediate and inescapable danger. Threats to other interests -- that someone is going to reveal your infidelity, your financial malfeasance, or your history of lying, to take some soapy examples -- aren't enough. If Andre wasn't going to kill her, then self-defense isn't available. 

On 5/27/2018 at 2:09 AM, RedRockRosie said:

Seriously show, do you ever use google or Wiki?

This IS the show that had a family of Greek-American semi-mobsters use the Italian word "famiglia" to express the importance of their clan connection. And the show that named one of those Greek-Americans "Terror," to make sure we didn't miss that he was a villain. Calling a vicious drug lord "Noodle Suarez" seems par for this particular course.

• Love 8
On 6/5/2018 at 7:45 AM, msrachelj said:

Xander is now running around town shirtless, not just having the excuse of having just stepped out of the pool.

Maybe the Kiriakis pool (unseen so far, at least by me) is actually the portal to the singularity or tesseract or whatever it is that lets people get across town in an instant? Xander steps into the pool, and out of Horton Town Square?

(... what? Like it's any more ridiculous than calling somebody The Big Noodle Gutierrez?) 

• Love 8

This is the third day in a row where Ciara was the center of attention--Tripp and Claire talked about her, Hope and Kayla talked about her, and then Tripp and Steve talked about her-- and I just can't take anymore.  Ciara is not that interesting or compelling as a character or actress to warrant this much screentime and I doubt I was supposed to laugh at her while she laid on the ground and had her pity party of weird fantasies, but alas, I did.  What, Abby is off for a couple of weeks so the show needs to focus on the second Horton Princess who can do no wrong?  No, just no.

I did like the mention of Kayla's losing her hearing and Steve's helped her through it--I remember them signing the words to the song "The Rose" to each other, man that was great storytelling.

Who was it Steve was talking to about checking on Theresa, Shane or Kim?  The mention of LA traffic was a nice touch :)

I liked Chad's standing in front of Will, his determination to protect his friend was rather lovely.  Course Ben made me cheer when he casually threw Abby's cheating on him with Chad right back at Chad--I love the man but he needs to admit that Abs isn't above running around on her significant other.

• Love 7