Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Lucas have a job? Wasn't he begging his mother for a job just recently?  Where is he getting the money to pay Paul?

There was a line recently when Kate said something to Lucas like, "Now that you have your job back and you children back, your life is perfect and so you should just forget about Chloe." So ... I guess he got his job back? And his kids back?

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Will Black Patch be renamed to Roman Namor?

Only if they want Jawn to start thinking he's the Prince of Atlantis.

47 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

[Abigail] killed a man. She kidnapped (or at least aided in kidnapping) three women. She then attempted to murder said women. She committed perjury. And, on top of all of that, she's mentally ill, which makes her a danger to herself and to others.

Not to be overly technical, but she's both mentally ill AND and danger to herself and others, but it's not, strictly speaking, an if/then proposition. Not all mental illness represents a danger to the patient or the public. But in Abigail's case, hoo boy!

9 hours ago, BlairP said:

Why are the men so flipping creepy?????

They need to tape this up as a warning in the writers' room.

You know, I've decided that rather than getting wound up around how utterly ridiculous this show is, I'm just going to repeat the words "magical goggles, magical goggles," until my ire dissipates or I start giggling -- whichever comes first.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

Was Marlena wearing jeans?! I was so distracted by her aggressively pink blouse/jacket combo that I almost didn't notice. But ... jeans?!

Right! My sister pointed it out to me and I was aghast, quite frankly.

And speaking of questionable pant choices, was Eric wearing some kind of denim/leather hybrid? Very weird. He still looked fine as fuck though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

If Theresa interrupts Brady (this guy just has to marry every woman he meets) and Eve's wedding, I hope it's just to pick up Tate, and leave.  I don't want Theresa wasted on these two morons.

Does anyone care about Gabi?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Vince1178 said:

Was Marlena wearing jeans?! I was so distracted by her aggressively pink blouse/jacket combo that I almost didn't notice. But ... jeans?!

It looked to me like Marlena was wearing the sort of jeans that require ironing.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, TeamNoOne said:

It looked to me like Marlena was wearing the sort of jeans that require ironing.

HA! I don't exactly know why, but that almost made me spit out my coffee!!

• Love 2

The last two episodes might as well have been entitled "Sweep it all under the lumpy rug" because it looks like neither Kate or Abby will have to pay for their crimes. 

Not that I need another trial, because Days is just as bad at legal matters as it is at medical, but damn was Kate even taken in for questioning over Viv's murder? She shoots her dead day 1 and by day 2, people are mumbling about it being self defense and Kate is back to being her despicable self. 

17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Abigail's having a nice day with her husband." And where is Gabi and how is she doing?

I,, I, I .... just can't!!  We have gone over this all before but it really just boggles the mind how ridiculously stupid this all is.  Just last week they were proclaiming all the alters to have been successfully integrated by Chad no less. Nice of Dr. Marlena Evans to verify that by phone without having seen or spoken to her after "successful integration." Yesterday, they are all in the pub wondering if the alters will re-emerge and if Abby will ever be fully mentally again.  But you know, she is home with her husband having a nice day and poor, poor Abby.  The woman (all 3) assaulted countless people, tried to kill three, successfully killed one but let's leave her at home where there is a young toddler present. Hey, maybe Stable Mabel can babysit Thomas alone. Lets hope she doesn't short circuit and mistake him for Ben and turn him into a human Roman candle.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

They need to wrap up this Mexico mess stat! It is ugly and rapey as all hell! I can't believe that Shane would let his daughter not only be held a sexual slave to a drug lord but also WTF did Shane think Miguel would do if he ever got mad, tired or suspicious of Theresa? Take her for street tacos? It is obviously common knowledge that dude is sadistic and her very life would be in danger. Dumb!!

If I had $1 for every time Brady said that he thought he would never get over the heartbreak of losing ________ until ________ came into his life, I'd be as rich as a Russian oligarch. 

9 hours ago, BlairP said:

Why is every new romance on this show not involving gay people about coercion of some kind? Between Stefan, Mateo, Xander, Brady, and even Rafe - why are refusals from women just a temporary obstacle rather than valid objections? Why are the men so flipping creepy?????

Not just tv shows but movies and there is a whole subset of romance/erotica books that follow in the same vein as that 50 Shades of Gray mess.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Let's hope she doesn't short circuit and mistake him for Ben and turn him into a human Roman candle.

John Black says "Roman who now? Wait, does this mean Ben and I are related?"

• Love 1

Alright, we actually had Justin and Rafe telling Gabi that her conviction will be overturned once Abigail pleads guilty.  Thank the gods that poor women's going to get sprung!  And good for Abby was realizing all of the pain she's caused Gabi and wanting to help her as fast as she possibly can--I honestly can not picture the Mansi version of Ab being this compassionate or self-aware.

I liked Tripp's being kind to Claire again and realizing that he's hurt a lot of people and Claire always gave him a second chance.  Their friendship is genuinely sweet and I like that they can lean on each other.  Ciara is still rather unpleasant and I hate her hypocrisy--she can have this friendship with Theo and but she's going to look annoyed when Tripp and Claire are close?  Truthfully anything that causes Ciara an ounce of self-doubt makes me smile.  

Seriously, John and Marlena are going to have a big wedding?  How many times have they walked down the aisle, together and with other partners?

• Love 5

Brady and Theresa were married originally in the beginning of their relationship.  I believe they may have got the marriage annulled.  It happened during the time that Theresa got pregnant with Tate. They later got re-engaged before Theresa left.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Seriously, John and Marlena are going to have a big wedding?  How many times have they walked down the aisle, together and with other partners?

I think a few times when they thought he was Roman and twice as many as John. I think except for their double wedding with Carrie and Austin in 2006 and their last wedding in 2009, all tgeir weddings have been big  nd elaborate.

I don't know why they need another big wedding as they been together for two decades regardless of their marital status and they have already done the big weddings multiple times with alll their kids. 

• Love 5

I dunno, Marlena's little giggle when John popped the question was really cute.

SPD and Hope had NOTHING to do with getting the truth about the murder.

Justin should not be involved in any aspect of Abigail's legal efforts, considering he's Gabi's lawyer.

It's nice to be able to pop off to South Africa at the drop of a hat.

What is it with Sam and h is attachment to Vivian, whom he hardly even knows?

Is Chad wearing a velvet jacket?

I hope Gabi goes off on Abigail tomorrow.

• Love 3
(edited)

So far, I'm enjoying the Mexico stuff. I think it's moving kind of fast, unlike the rest of you, but I get why they're doing that. They got to get Theresa back to Salem to cause heartache for Brady. Considering how much the upcoming spoilers have bummed me out, I'm rather impressed with the writing in the Mexico scenes. It was cool seeing Theresa and Xander each try to get one up on the other from one scene to the next. I never thought for a second that Theresa would leverage Victor's mild respect for her into a way to bribe Xander into not torturing her and getting her back to town. And it's interesting seeing how much Xander is willing to give up in order to try and get back into the Kiriakis family. Lord knows he'd love to make Theresa miserable for a couple of weeks just out of spite.

I have personally never seen Xander as a member of the Kiriakis family myself. I know his existence is a retcon, same as was the case with Deimos, so I just kind of see him as this affiliate of Victor's. Hopefully in time, the show brings him back and allows him to have his own enterprise. Considering Victor actually cut his throat at one point, I can't imagine Xander still wanting his approval as much as his money.

And nice bit of continuity with Xander going back to his roots dealing in diamonds.

I hope Matao isn't killed off - now that he has connections to Theresa, Xander, Chloe, Shane and Victor, he has some long-term potential.

I'm surprised you guys were complaining about Chloe's dance. We saw her about two and half seconds of the end of it! I was worried we'd get a whole two minutes of Nadia embarrassing herself or something LOL.

Wish they had done a better job of making Stefan's office into Sonny's. Turning a desk is hardly sufficient.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

John is so romantic.   Let’s get married before another catastrophe happens.   I hope to get a proposal like that one day.    

Claire said she had nothing else going for her since she lost the contest.   That was sad and I have a feeling Theo isn’t going to forgive her.   I didn’t think she over packed and find Ciara and Tripp just being jerks about everything Claire.  

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, tribeca said:

John is so romantic.   Let’s get married before another catastrophe happens.

I think it's considered romantic in Salem if your wedding to the love-of-your-life-du-jour isn't the cause of the latest catastrophe.

• Love 8

Claire, you are lucky to have rich parents who can pay for a plane ticket and accommodation in South Africa for you. In the real world, you'd be saving up a lot of money for months before you can buy a ticket. Why is Theo still interested in you? Distance can be very liberating.

Of course, Kate's story about Vivian doesn't add up. Has anyone at the Salem PD checked the morgue to see if Vivian is still a resident?

Stefan, kicking out Kate from the mansion? Gonna be real comfy with you, Abby, and Chad.

Abigail, you will not do well in prison. Copping out an insanity plea is probably a good idea, as is a long stay at some mental health institution to deal with your DID. No, love talk from Chad probably didn't heal you instantly. Doesn't work that way. And going to see Gabi in prison is not a particularly good idea unless you are in the mood to see how you can redecorate the joint. Justin is Gabi's client and you need to find your own lawyer.

John and Marlena were cute.

Rafe, sign the annulment papers. Maybe you and Hope will reconnect in the future. Who knows. Let it go.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think a few times when they thought he was Roman and twice as many as John. I think except for their double wedding with Carrie and Austin in 2006 and their last wedding in 2009, all tgeir weddings have been big  nd elaborate.

I don't know why they need another big wedding as they been together for two decades regardless of their marital status and they have already done the big weddings multiple times with alll their kids. 

i was leery of a big wedding also. but for us old-timers who have been watching for decades, i guess it's kinda nice to see one of the long staying couples have a celebration.  and they can afford it so, here we go.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

was leery of a big wedding also. but for us old-timers who have been watching for decades, i guess it's kinda nice to see one of the long staying couples have a celebration.  and they can afford it so, here we go.

The wedding is totally in service for the fans and excuse to have most of the characters even those off the show to be part of a big story. I would even enjoy it if I was a fan of the characters.

But in real life, I would give a nasty side-eye at a couple having their 5th or 6th big wedding to each other. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stefan, kicking out Kate from the mansion? Gonna be real comfy with you, Abby, and Chad.

It's not like Kate is known for her capacity as a buffer, or for her diplomatic nature.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

John is so romantic.   Let’s get married before another catastrophe happens.   I hope to get a proposal like that one day.    

I loved that lol.

Claire said she had nothing else going for her since she lost the contest.  That was sad and I have a feeling Theo isn’t going to forgive her.  I didn’t think she over packed and find Ciara and Tripp just being jerks about everything Claire.

I didn't think Claire packed too much either. Ciara and Tripp were being such assholes. But then Claire spoke and was the snotty little brat she always is and it was hard to feel sorry for her anymore.

• Love 2

I'm missing the show more these days, than I'm watching. Just checked the Zap2it listing for today, and one of the spoilers was "Gabi inadvertently drops a bomb on Abigail".  What did Gabi tell Abigail?

• Love 1

Seriously though, why the hell is Rafe still on this show? Does Galen Ghering have blackmail material on Ken Corday or something? I'm just baffled by it. Galen Ghering has great skin and a nice smile and that's about it.

25 minutes ago, buffynut said:

What did Gabi tell Abigail?

That "Gabby" slept with Stefan.

And Sonny falls into the trap. You should have flirted instead with Man Bun, dude. He's cuter anyway.

• Love 6

Ugh, Leo's become even scummier than before.

Gabi, DO NOT give in to Abigail, drag her with all the filth you can read.

Ugh, Stefan is disgusting.

"I somehow made it all about me." That's Abigail's MO.

• Love 5

Yes, Gabi, 'cause you have never been the cause of any pain Abby's life. Oh wait....

It's hard to really know what's going on in the Rafe and Hope snoozefest when you ff at maximum speed, but did I catch the end of a scene where Hope might be reconsidering the annulment? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Loved Gabi not just instantly forgiving Abigail. Hope it lasts, but if it does I'm sure she'll be treated as evil for it.

Fast forwarded everything Rafe/Hope and Stefan/Chad related. I just don't care.

At least Leo is finally doing something. Also, I don't know if it's just because someone here floated this idea at the beginning of this story, but it felt like Man Bun might be working with Leo or something. He was just way too interested in the whole thing and too encouraging of Sonny getting with an employee. But in any case, I hope he stays and maybe gets with Paul when Will and Sonny inevitably get back together because I like him and he's cute.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Yes, Gabi, 'cause you have never been the cause of any pain Abby's life. Oh wait....

What did Gabi ever do to Abigail?  The only thing that I can think of is when she got close to Chad; but Abigail created that situation by running away and allowing everyone to believe that she was dead.  I could maybe count killing Nick, but at that time she and Nick had fallen out because he had called her out for being a nasty sidepiece.

• Love 5

The only thing that Gabi has ever done to Abby was that she was faking being stalked to get Chad when they were modelling together and he was seeing Melanie. Her accomplice Andrew went too far and kidnapped Melanie and ended up blowing up the underground of Salem. That explosion cause major damage including the elevator that Abby was standing in. Jack saved her life by pulling her out of the elevator and plummeting to his death.

Jack died and Abby lived. I would have switched the outcome if it was my choice.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

And Sonny falls into the trap. You should have flirted instead with Man Bun, dude. He's cuter anyway.

I just can't with this show trying to convince us that Leo is young and hot and Sonny can't stay away from him--Leo's coming off as an aging hipster who is scared of getting old and I'm not seeing any irresistible charm about him.  And I agree that bartender Man Bun was much cuter and Sonny seemed into him--it's a shame Sonny's walked right into Leo and Kate's trap.

I like that Gabi was giving Abby a hard time but I don't want to see her become consumed with revenge because I really like the Gabi/Chad friendship and that would end if Gabi was actively trying to hurt Abs.

• Love 6

Finally Gabi got to tell off Abigail.  May this will be the beginning of Gabi getting tired of these Salemites thinking they can walk all over her.  She's been burned so many times and her being behind bars should be the last straw of she and Abigail’s friendship as far as  I'm concerned. I liked she got to twist that knife against Abigail to inform her she "slept" with Stefan.

Chad annoys me.  I love how he tries to run from his dark Dimera side but he can be as vengeful, violent as his father and his siblings, he needs to own it.  Plus, cmon writers, you going to tell me Stefan is getting his ass beat by all 145lbs soaking wet Chad.  On what planet!  Yet I do like Stefan is an organic, authentic villian that the Dimeras needed I almost hope they keep him this way and don't make him into a mustache twirling villian.  I do look forward to seeing he and Abigail’s scenes.  Those should be riveting. 

• Love 5

Speaking of Jack's death, why didn't that cause Abby to splinter? Are we supposed to believe that Abby loved Andre so much that his death was worse to her than her own father's?  Especially when he died to save her life?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Speaking of Jack's death, why didn't that cause Abby to splinter? Are we supposed to believe that Abby loved Andre so much that his death was worse to her than her own father's?  Especially when he died to save her life?

Because that would make more sense. But I don't think that Abby split developed because it was Andre. I think it was because she killed someone and didn't know how to handle it hence why her alters were created to hide her crime and frame someone else.

Who knows if Ron keeps hearing how much an epic fail this story was and how little sense it made that Abby developed DID over it, he might write it later that something else caused it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know how they ended up with GR, but clearly the role wasn't originally written for an older appearing actor. Every time we're reminded how young Leo is I literally cringe. I think a younger gay man dating an older man is super realistic, but I wish they would have changed the dialogue when they casted Greg who obviously is older. On another note, Leo and Sonny have zero chemistry. I have to admit Freddie is doing better, especially with Chandler this week. The WilSon scene actually had a nice chemistry to it, which is a big change to PaulSon where FS pulled away at times when CS was trying to be romantic as Paul. I still think Will and Paul remain the superior couple with the best chemistry, but I digress. This could always change depending on how the coming Will and Sonny reunion plays out. I do have a slight nostalgia for them since they are the original couple who were/are on their way to being a great super couple, so I'll try to remain open minded.

Sonny is dumb. I can't wait until this all blows up in face. I think losing Titan will finally knock him down a few pegs and start him on a road of becoming slightly more tolerable. Hopefully, they have him start a business or change careers, anything to keep him out of Victor's orbit. I'm assuming Sonny is probably going to be kicked out with no money and title. I'm sure we're on the track of a WilSon reunion; however short that may be. I think Will giving Sonny an open invitation to contact him will probably lead to Sonny turning to him when his all comes to light.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 5

Abigail, you made your visit to Gabi all about *you*. Do you seriously think Gabi would say, no probs, let's be best friends again. Your alters did not care than an innocent woman was sent to jail, and then while in jail, badly beaten. Instant forgiveness is not going to happen. You did deserve the whole Stefan bit. Oh, you would never cheat on your husband - exhibit Austin, exhibit EJ, etc. Did you expect Gabi to say please don't turn yourself in for a crime you forgot you committed? Am surprised she didn't switch to another alter after her interaction with Gabi.

Hope and Rafe back on? Ugh.

Sonny, you are dumb. You didn't find Leo to be a bit forward with you? I'd be a bit suspicious instead of eager. I don't see what the chemistry is between the two. Leo looks a bit too old for him and they don't seem to really connect. You will figure out that you have been played.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

Who knows if Ron keeps hearing how much an epic fail this story was and how little sense it made that Abby developed DID over it, he might write it later that something else caused it.

If Dena Higley were still here I'd be scared that Abigail would get re-written as a child porno star like what happened to Jessica on One Life to Live when they decided to give her alters. (Why no, I'm not still bitter about one of the most disgusting and offensive retcons that a soap has ever done.)

4 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I don't know how they ended up with GR, but clearly the role wasn't originally written for an older appearing actor. Every time we're reminded how young Leo is I literally cringe.

I'm not watching the show enough, apparently. They're trying to convince us that Leo is younger than Sonny? The fuck?

• Love 7
(edited)

I want to get Tripp far away from Ciara and Claire. They're wasting him trying to prop them up. Claire I've always had a soft spot for, but man...the show has no clue what it wants from either of them. Tripp is still new and could carry his own stories. I don't buy that he's into these gals. He seems too mature for their high school nonsense.

Rafe is the least professional person ever. Dude stop bringing up your personal relationship with your boss while discussing cases. Yuck.

Is Kate moving back into the Martin House?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

I would love to have a scene with Leo and Melinda Trask. The top two graduates from the Simon Legree School of Melodrama.

The Simon Legree School of Melodrama--too awesome for words :):)

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I want to get Tripp far away from Ciara and Claire. They're wasting him trying to prop them up. Claire I've always had a soft spot for, but man...the show has no clue what it wants from either of them. Tripp is still new and could carry his own stories. I don't buy that he's into these gals. He seems too mature for their high school nonsense.

While I did appreciate Ciara's asking Claire to text her when she arrives in South Africa and that Ciara wants to work on their friendship, the writers really need to work on making these two young women more mature and rootable.  This is just a guess but I wonder if Theo's going to break up with Claire during her visit?  And Tripp needs to be more involved in his dad's storyline--losing your eyesight is a big deal and everyone in the family should be involved in helping him.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

See, you're making sense :)  According to the show, Abs is totally fine now and completely mentally stable and able to face up to all of the mayhem she's caused--therapy is for chumps.

I did like Gabi's pointing out to Chad that Abby's framing her and calling one of her alters Gabby shows Abby's deep resentment and that she wanted to get back at Gabi--I can't believe the show is actually letting a character be angry at Abby and calling her out.

Victor's "Welcome back" to Theresa was perfect and I love the level of respect he is now giving her--Brady is going to flip his lid when he sees how chummy they are now :)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like Gabi's pointing out to Chad that Abby's framing her and calling one of her alters Gabby shows Abby's deep resentment and that she wanted to get back at Gabi

That reminded me of Brody on OLTL rightfully pointing out that Jessica created a whole new alter out of his dead/murdered best friend solely to hurt him.  It was a jab that Princess Jessica totally deserved, even if Brody didn't quite have the moral high ground given he had just climbed out of Natalie's bed again.

• Love 3

I saw people on Twitter complaining about the Sonny and Leo scene, complaining that gay guys take off their shirts last, if at all, not first.  I have no first hand knowledge of this information.  :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I saw people on Twitter complaining about the Sonny and Leo scene, complaining that gay guys take off their shirts last, if at all, not first.  I have no first hand knowledge of this information.  :)

It's been a while, I admit, but as I remember from my younger days, we didn't follow any disrobing order.  Whatever came off the easiest came first.  Some people need to get off Twitter and ......... find out how things really work......

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, boes said:

It's been a while, I admit, but as I remember from my younger days, we didn't follow any disrobing order.  Whatever came off the easiest came first.  Some people need to get off Twitter and ......... find out how things really work......

Social media is a cesspool, people will make everything into an issue.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Everyone knows real gay guys never wear shirts. Duh.

• Love 12
(edited)
49 minutes ago, boes said:

Yes, practical experience is always best :):)  Seriously, what a weirdly random thing to focus on.  Who cares what pieces of clothing were removed first or last?

26 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

Everyone knows real gay guys never wear shirts. Duh.

Finally, the truth's revealed :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes, practical experience is always best :):)  Seriously, what a weirdly random thing to focus on.  Who cares what pieces of clothing were removed first or last?

Also...it's broadcast network TV, the bare chest is about all you can show. ;)

• Love 3