Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Sandman said:

Did I misunderstand what Will found in the (visible) pages of Rolf's diary? Did it not say that Susan and Rolf found him when he was barely alive and then injected him? So does Rolf's serum cure death, or simulate death in a person close to death (but still living) so that they can be later fully revived?

Maybe it's not Death Be Gone after all.

I believe so, if it is then it ties back to the "New Salem/Melaswen" storyline.  That is how it worked then.  The victims were shot with the drug, which simulated death, and later revived.  The drug isn't necessarily new it just hasn't been used in some time.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Prin Holmes said:

Um . . . except he pretty much called it what it was this time.

He got it right one time! Good for him!

But also, I'm not convinced he did get it right. Sure, he's had people call it rape, but he also made sure everyone thought it was Stefan brainwashing Abigail, which isn't the case, so we'll see how it goes now. Not to mention the fact that he's now killed Vivian, so he may use that as a way to make people feel sorry for Stefan.

But I don't really care since I fast forward all that stuff now lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Sandman said:

Did I misunderstand what Will found in the (visible) pages of Rolf's diary? Did it not say that Susan and Rolf found him when he was barely alive and then injected him? So does Rolf's serum cure death, or simulate death in a person close to death (but still living) so that they can be later fully revived?

Maybe it's not Death Be Gone after all.

Thank you!

This has been driving me NUTS. It has been well established that Will was never actually dead. And now we have Will reading that fact aloud seconds before going on about how Rolf's serum could save people from death. No! For a reporter, his reading comprehension skills are crap.

Now ... I don't recall all the details of John coming back from the dead. So maybe Rolf really can work miracles. But in the case of Will (and the citizens of Melaswen, as pointed out by JBC344), all Rolf did was make people think Will was dead long enough to kidnap him.

• Love 1

I'm starting to like Sonny again and I especially liked his reaction to Will's visiting him at his office.  He was touched that Will went out of his way to tell him that Abby killed Andre and that Will wanted to be there when Sonny told Ari that her mom was coming home soon.  But then you could see Sonny realize that he had to be strong against his feelings for Will and he turned down having lunch together--Sonny is making a concentrated effort to get over Will and move on with his life and Will knows but he still feels bad that he hurt Sonny--I like the push/pull between them and the actors are doing a good job of showing that they're still drawn to each other but they're also trying to move forward.

I also like how Will knows he's a part of these people's lives but because of his memory loss, he only has an outsider's point of view--Abby is his cousin too but he doesn't remember her but he knows Sonny will be shocked by her killing someone so he has compassion for Sonny, Gabi and Ari.  I like it.

Man, I am honestly shocked that Kate's willing to go along with Vivian's plan to use Leo against Sonny--I guess I thought she'd have more compassion for Sonny because of Will, Ari and Gabi--looks like I was wrong.

• Love 11
(edited)

Why would Kate hurt Sonny like this, I know that he is dreadful these days. However, Sonny is Kate's family, Kate is all about her family.  I don't know why the show has to always  make Kate bad all the time. Unless, she is doing this to secure Philip's legacy in Titan.  

Brady and Eve are just gross. I love Kassie, but, the show is wasting her talents on this story. Brady is a weak man, that is such a turnoff.

If Theresa is back, to ruin Brady and Eve, then, I say welcome home. I say this, as a big Theresa hater. I cannot stand Brady and Eve together. 

I changed the channel, when Mateo threatened to strip Chloe, so that he can see her wear the dress that he wanted her to wear.   Ron just keeps getting away with this type of stories. 

Xander is back and he is beautiful to look at. I know that the actor does not want to be on the show full time. I need to see that prettiness from time to time.  Please don't kill him Ron..

I liked seeing Wilson today.  It is infuriating that Sonny is being played by Leo. That shirt scene had me rolling my eyes...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2018 at 11:38 PM, Rowan said:

There is no effing way they'd let Abby out of police custody if she confessed, right? I mean, maybe if she was some crackpot off the street that they knew couldn't possibly be responsible for the crime, but they know she is guilty. Now, obviously Gabi wouldn't get out of prison in real life immediately, but she could on the show and it would be far more believable than letting Abby go home. Boy, Chad wasn't even all that concerned about getting Gabi out, he was like, eh, we'll deal with it tomorrow. 

Those scenes in the park yesterday were embarrassing. The writing is so, so bad. This story has been horrible from the get go. 

For an umbrella storyline that was on the verge of eating the show, it sure ended with a fizzle and little fanfare. In this regard, Ron really is no better than Dena. I am scratching my head in utter WTF'ery over Marlena thinking it is a good idea for Chad to walk a seriously mentally person through their trauma, the alters being integrated by Chad in the park and Abby getting to go home and sleep her bed that night like her ass hasn't been a danger to herself and others while Gabi stews in prison?!?!

Marlena's bill better NOT be in the mail!!

On 5/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Holy crapasarious but I hate Brady and I'm starting to dislike Eve, especially when she starts fawning all over him about how much she and Theresa have hurt him.  Brady was going on today about how all he ever gave Theresa was love and understanding and how she kicked him in the teeth.  I guess he forgot all of those times he was mentally and emotionally abusive to her or the time he and Melanie were trying to stop Theresa from getting to help raise Tate.  Apparently, in his mind at least, Brady's always been a great guy trying to love a horrible woman--I can't wait for Brady to learn the truth about why she left him and Tate.  Bonus points for Victor still admiring Theresa's sacrifice.

JL continues to elevate the storyline--I love how she instantly turned on the sass when Miguel came into the room and Chloe, god bless her, tried to keep up with the insults but at least Jeannie T got the key our of Miguel's pocket.  And then her look of fear when Miguel insinuated she wasn't long for this world because Mateo had a new favorite--YIKES!!

Welcome Friend! There are still plenty of seats on this bus and it runs 24/7. I'm at Kate Mansi as Abby levels of hate for Brady right now. I am not down for any part of this story strictly because it puts Brady at the center of a triangle and I have said on more than one occasion - I just cannot with Brady's love life anymore. No. Nope. No. 

Have we ever met/seen Mateo or is he this show's version of Maris Frasier?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He got it right one time! Good for him!

But also, I'm not convinced he did get it right. Sure, he's had people call it rape, but he also made sure everyone thought it was Stefan brainwashing Abigail, which isn't the case, so we'll see how it goes now. Not to mention the fact that he's now killed Vivian, so he may use that as a way to make people feel sorry for Stefan.

Of course they thought it was brainwashing.  They didn't know about the DID at the time.  Now he's just under fire for taking advantage of it.

And Kate did call him out over his treatment of Vivian, so no, I don't think we're supposed to feel sorry for him there.

• Love 3

Is this the guy who played Mateo before?

Is Mateo planning on having private performances from Chloe for eternity?  Is that all he wants from her?

If it's breaking news that Abigail confessed, why is Gabi still in jail?

If Brady and Theresa get back together, and with Lani and JJ broken up, will Eve and JJ be hitting it again?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

It has been well established that Will was never actually dead.

Has it been ? I'll have to look carefully. Up 'til now, I've been taking the Death Cure exposition at face value.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Sonny is making a concentrated effort to get over Will and move on with his life and Will knows but he still feels bad that he hurt Sonny--I like the push/pull between them and the actors are doing a good job of showing that they're still drawn to each other but they're also trying to move forward.

I think so, too. I still think Massey and Smith have pretty nice chemistry.

• Love 1
(edited)

I mostly liked today's ep, but I think that was at least 50% just because nothing having to do with Abigail was on lol.

I know nothing about this Xander guy but I already like him.

I fast forwarded everything with Chloe and Mateo. So gross, so Ron.

I actually liked the Will/Sonny scenes, which really surprised me. 

I'm over Brady/Eve. Before I begrudgingly liked them because they had great chem, but now I'm bored and Brady is meh. I want Eve in a better story.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I hate the Chloe and Mateo crap.  Really?  She sings?  She dances?  I laughed my butt off but I was also disturbed.  It just reminds me of back in the day when I couldn't watch the show anymore because it was so stupid.  (Marlena's devil possession?)

• Love 9

Too bad Mateo couldn't have some sort of stage built in his yard or in some warehouse - having his lady on-stage would have made it more interesting.

Nice to see that her gown fit perfectly

Why would Kate want to take down Sonny?

Brady isn't the brightest bulb in the shed. Goes from fiancée to fiancée. Spend a year alone, get sober. Just a walking co-dependent. Eve deserves better than some man-child.

I have missed Xander.

• Love 1

I know other things happened today - Xander, Theresa, boring Leo and Sonny da Bizznus Man, Kate etc., but nothing will stick with me as much as Chloe belting out "Ave Maria" to Mateo.  And that dance........ This is the sort of insanity that should get this writing team sent away for a long, LONG, rest cure.

Up Next on DOOL, Chloe pours her heart and soul into another dance routine for Mateo!!

From the man who brought us High School Musical on OLTL, 

Dance, Chloe, dance............

And who said there was no room for musical talent on Daytime anymore??

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Xander is back and he is beautiful to look at. I know that the actor does not want to be on the show full time. I need to see that prettiness from time to time.  Please don't kill him Ron.

Xander is extremely sexy.  I could look at him and listen to him talk over and over.  Did the actor he really say he didn't want to be on the show full time?  I was hoping he'd eventually become an anti-hero on the show.  He is mesmerizing.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Not to poke a stick into anybody's spokes, but I don't find Xander all that interesting. I can't even remember why he's got such a hate-on for Theresa. Didn't she testify to send him to prison for something he actually did? I know that never happens on this show, but still.

Paul Telfer seems only to have one expression -- a snarl -- and, I'm sorry, his boobs are bigger than Lilley's. That's just weird to me.

I thought Chloe was supposed to be a classically trained singer? So to these writers that means "Ave Maria" and a hootchie-kootchie dance? I mean, Jesus.

Please get Mateo Puss-In-Boots off my screen now, please.

ETA: I'm completely at a loss when it comes to Kate's new plan for Leo, which is apparently Vivian's old plan for Leo. Does Kate really want Titan to have a human resources mess on it? She doesn't think that's going to ruin Victor, does she? I don't buy that she doesn't care anything about Sonny.

Edited by Sandman
WTF, Kate?
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

Xander is extremely sexy.  I could look at him and listen to him talk over and over.  Did the actor he really say he didn't want to be on the show full time?  I was hoping he'd eventually become an anti-hero on the show.  He is mesmerizing.  

Yes, his wife is also an actress and he wants to support her, by traveling, with her to her projects. She is primarily an actress in theatre.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, his wife is also an actress and he wants to support her, by traveling, with her to her projects. She is primarily an actress in theatre.  

Thanks for the info.  I had no idea.  

Just now, A.J. said:

Thanks for the info.  I had no idea.  

He was offered a contract, but, he turned it down. 

He should have been cast as Alex Kiriakis, Justin and Adrienne's oldest son.  He can do an American accent.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Sandman said:

Has it been ? I'll have to look carefully. Up 'til now, I've been taking the Death Cure exposition at face value.

Yep. The story (as revealed in Rolf's diary ... and by Susan back when everyone was in Memphis) is that Susan and Rolf found Will after Ben's attack. And Will was still alive (though barely). Rolf injected him with something to make him appear dead. Thus everyone assumed Will was a goner when Gabi found him. Then Rolf injected him a second time with something the brought him back. Not from death, mind you. He was never actually dead. It just revived him from the deep sleep he was in thanks to the first injection.

And Will knows this. He just read it out loud to himself. So he should realize that he was never dead and, based on the facts in front of him, Rolf can't actually bring someone back from the dead. (I concede that I don't recall the situation with John's death, which was brought up in the diary.) This makes the whole Vivian thing a bit ridiculous. Are we supposed to believe that someone injected her with something to bring her back from the dead? Even though the show told us moments beforehand that that's not how it works? Should we have seen Vivian injected twice (once before Kayla pronounced her dead and once afterward)?

Sorry. Shit like this drives me a little crazy. I know that Days often plays fast and loose with facts, but something like this seems like a key factor in the show. Can Rolf bring people back from the dead or not? I mean ... that's a pretty big thing to be wishy-washy about. It completely changes the fabric of the show. If it's a real thing, we're now watching a science fiction show where death is not a thing to even bat an eye at, right?

(Also, I tend to get nit-picky when the show is super boring. And ... boy is it ever these days!)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

And Will knows this. He just read it out loud to himself. So he should realize that he was never dead and, based on the facts in front of him, Rolf can't actually bring someone back from the dead. (I concede that I don't recall the situation with John's death, which was brought up in the diary.) This makes the whole Vivian thing a bit ridiculous. Are we supposed to believe that someone injected her with something to bring her back from the dead? Even though the show told us moments beforehand that that's not how it works? Should we have seen Vivian injected twice (once before Kayla pronounced her dead and once afterward)?

So not only does the show bible have an inch of dust covering it, the writers don't actually read the week's scripts as they're writing them? I can't make sense of this.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So not only does the show bible have an inch of dust covering it, the writers don't actually read the week's scripts as they're writing them? I can't make sense of this.

I imagine that, if needed, they'll just say that Rolf perfected his technique after the situation with Will and now ... voila! ... death no longer exists in Salem!

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

Sorry. Shit like this drives me a little crazy. I know that Days often plays fast and loose with facts, but something like this seems like a key factor in the show. Can Rolf bring people back from the dead or not? I mean ... that's a pretty big thing to be wishy-washy about. It completely changes the fabric of the show. If it's a real thing, we're now watching a science fiction show where death is not a thing to even bat an eye at, right?

Marlena was possessed by the devil. So, the show became a science fiction show, years ago.  John once used magical goggles to locate Marlena, in France. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Marlena was possessed by the devil. So, the show became a science fiction show, years ago.  John once used magical goggles to locate Marlena, in France. 

You’re right. The show has always dabbled in the supernatural/science fiction here and there. But it feels like there is a big difference between a one-off story about demonic possession and introducing a drug that reverses death. Even in the past, the return-from-the-dead plots (in my memory) boiled down to the fact that so-and-so never actually died. Reviving a corpse that has been dead and buried is a whole other ballgame.

Or maybe the ridiculous Abby DID storyline has just made me extra cranky and overly critical.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

You’re right. The show has always dabbled in the supernatural/science fiction here and there. But it feels like there is a big difference between a one-off story about demonic possession and introducing a drug that reverses death. Even in the past, the return-from-the-dead plots (in my memory) boiled down to the fact that so-and-so never actually died. Reviving a corpse that has been dead and buried is a whole other ballgame.

Or maybe the ridiculous Abby DID storyline has just made me extra cranky and overly critical.

True, I also think that the show really started going down that path when John was retcon as not being Roman.  The show started to go down a slippery slope, where you are told not to trust anything that you see and that includes death.. The show wanted to bring back Zack from the dead. Kristian and Peter said No...

• Love 3
(edited)

The show had a lot pretty going on.  JJ,Eric and Xander.  

I love Teresa and she was the only pairing I have liked with Brady.   I don’t Eve with Brady but do feel sorry for her.   

The way John was talking to Brady made me wonder if he knows the real reason Teresa left. 

Not loving the idea of Roman taking Steve place in detective agency.   Roman character JMHO works better working at the pub. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Rex and Cassie were supposed to be aliens, for a while.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5
(edited)

"Abigail's having a nice day with her husband." And where is Gabi and how is she doing?

A side reference to the fact that Vivian used to be John's aunt.  Glad they acknowledged that.

"Poor Abigail".  Where's the compassion  for Gabi?

"I share your bed". OK, acknowledgement that Theresa has been raped for all of the time she's been off the show.

Kassie and Casey have great chemistry.

What did Theresa's note say at the end?  I couldn't read it.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 12

A side reference to the fact that Vivian used to be John's aunt.  Glad they acknowledged that.

I hope there will be a funeral for Viv. Would be nice to see John, Mar and the rest of town having to find good things to say. Her life was pretty nuts!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Abigail's having a nice day with her husband." And where is Gabi and how is she doing?

"I share your bed". OK, acknowledgement that Theresa has been raped for all of the time she's been off the show.

Mateo is even creepier with his deciding to sell Theresa to Xander--references to human traficking are beyond gross.  At least Xander dropped the disgusting attitude once he realized that Theresa was serious about her love for Brady and Tate and that she would help him get back into the Kirakis family.  I would actually like to see the two of them develop a grudging friendship--that would be entertaining.  I also liked Theresa's not wanting to leave Chloe behind but Xander was right--they had to leave quickly before Mateo changed his mind.

Theresa's note to Chloe:  "I'm sorry, your friend Theresa"  --she does have lovely handwriting :) 

Brady needs to get a grip on reality--you can't decide Eve's Tate's mom, you jackwagon.  Theresa is Tate's mom, now and forever.  And Eve's deciding that raising Tate is her second chance at motherhood is also deeply troubling.  I guess in order to keep her epic love with Brady, Theresa just needs to cease to exist--I can't wait for her to come back to Salem and destroy Brady and Eve's happiness.  Theresa needs to leave these two idiots and just concentrate on having a relationship with her son.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Right! Kassie is a chem magnet, man.

I wanna like Theresa because I really liked JL as Maxie on GH, but I'm not feeling her. Maybe it's just because she's crying all the time. I do love her red jumpsuit.

I couldn't at everyone being all 'poor Abigail' and 'Abilgai's having a nice day with her husband,' while Gabi sits in a hospital bed in prison. I mean honestly!

Eric looked fine as hell today. Please let him never shellac his hair again and let him keep that beard forever. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wanna like Theresa because I really liked JL as Maxie on GH, but I'm not feeling her. Maybe it's just because she's crying all the time. I do love her red jumpsuit.

I couldn't at everyone being all 'poor Abigail' and 'Abilgai's having a nice day with her husband,' while Gabi sits in a hospital bed in prison. I mean honestly!

Eric looked fine as hell today. Please let him never shellac his hair again and let him keep that beard forever. 

And didn't Roman say that the whole town supports Abigail?  Sheesh.  Why isn't the murderer/kidnapper/assaulter locked up somewhere, if even in a psychiatric facility?  Who will be accountable when she flips again and bonks someone over the head with whatever weapon she finds nearby?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Abigail is the Horton royalty family while Gabi is not.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Vivian STILL is John's aunt.  Speaking of the show not keeping with it's own bible. Vivian is John's aunt because he was adopted by the Alamains when he was young.  His adoption was never retconned.  The only part of John's history that kept changing is who his biological parents were, his adoption by the Alamains has always been canon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Could I borrow "jackwagon," kitmerlot? It's my new favourite! I promise to use it carefully and return it in pristine condition.  Thanks!

Of course, use the expression well :):)  And I actually borrowed it from the great Tom Cavanagh--I'm sure he wouldn't mind either :)

• Love 2

Abigail is a victim? She's off having a nice day with her husband? She should be in a psychiatric hospital - under observation and undergoing psychiatric testing to see if she is criminally responsible for Andre's murder. Not the whole town is behind her garbage. Only the Hortons are behind her. Poor Gabi should be released from jail immediately and find a good lawyer who can sue the city of Salem for her imprisonment. And also sue Abigail.

Xander is probably better for Theresa. Eventually Chloe will be rescued. Hopefully Theresa will give her location to Lucas.

Will Black Patch be renamed to Roman Namor?

Eve, hope for a long engagement to Brady - so you can bail. Things should be stirred up nicely that your little sister is coming back. Brady will simply move on to someone else within a few months.

• Love 9

Will they really go with Theresa walking in on Brady and Eve's wedding?

Though I don't think Theresa and Brady were ever legally married, were they?

Does Lucas have a job? Wasn't he begging his mother for a job just recently?  Where is he getting the money to pay Paul?

• Love 2
(edited)

Why is every new romance on this show not involving gay people about coercion of some kind? Between Stefan, Mateo, Xander, Brady, and even Rafe - why are refusals from women just a temporary obstacle rather than valid objections? Why are the men so flipping creepy?????

Edited by BlairP
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's always been such a handsome man.  I agree with the hair comment.  I hate that slicked back look.  And I can take him with our without the beard.  Either if fine.

Speaking of Eric, has he been to see Brady or even mentioned his brother since he's been in the hospital?  Brady was awful to him but that's still his brother.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Sandman said:

Not to poke a stick into anybody's spokes, but I don't find Xander all that interesting.

Paul Telfer seems only to have one expression -- a snarl -

No stick in my spokes. I couldn't agree more...and right on about the snarl. Ugh!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I hate this so very much.

11 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Abigail is the Horton royalty family while Gabi is not.

Barf

7 hours ago, BlairP said:

Why is every new romance on this show not involving gay people about coercion of some kind? Between Stefan, Mateo, Xander, Brady, and even Rafe - why are refusals from women just a temporary obstacle rather than valid objections? Why are the men so flipping creepy?????

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. On all shows, not just daytime. Women saying no is just an excuse for me to pursue harder. It's written as romantic when it's actually quite stalkerish and abusive. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bannana said:

And didn't Roman say that the whole town supports Abigail?  Sheesh.  Why isn't the murderer/kidnapper/assaulter locked up somewhere, if even in a psychiatric facility?  Who will be accountable when she flips again and bonks someone over the head with whatever weapon she finds nearby?

this is so disturbing and maddening! in the real world she would be locked up or out on bail for confessing. she's certifiably insane and just walking around like nothing is wrong. 

• Love 6

Was Marlena wearing jeans?! I was so distracted by her aggressively pink blouse/jacket combo that I almost didn't notice. But ... jeans?!

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Yes, the Abby stuff is beyond ridiculous. She killed a man. She kidnapped (or at least aided in kidnapping) three women. She then attempted to murder said women. She committed perjury. And, on top of all of that, she's mentally ill, which makes her a danger to herself and to others. But ... sure. It's fine if she plays hide-and-go-seek with her kid while Gabi rots in jail. Come on! I sincerely hope Gabi gets out of jail and spends weeks tearing into every last person in Salem (starting and ending with Julie).

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, Eric. Beautiful, beautiful Eric ...

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will they really go with Theresa walking in on Brady and Eve's wedding?

Though I don't think Theresa and Brady were ever legally married, were they?

Does Lucas have a job? Wasn't he begging his mother for a job just recently?  Where is he getting the money to pay Paul?

Guess, he's robbing Peter.   (sorry, couldn't help myself)   

Never though Theresa and Brady were married.  They did a phony-baloney DIY ceremony,

• Love 5